Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What movie cliches do you find the most annoying

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval (my current craving), fantasy, dystopian, supernatural, fae/fairy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just a random newb popping in to say -- I agree with Dnafein. But, like, if a story has to have a romance, can't it be an interesting one? I tried korean movies/shows, but it's all Cinderella revisited? Why does the poor girl have to fall for the (disgustingly) rich guy?

I was honestly curious to see "Crazy Rich Asians" (because f'yeah foreign inspired movies in other countries~) for literally .01 seconds until I saw it was just another korean Cinderella story.

Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The entire genre of action movies is a huge cliche imo.

Anything that comes out of Hollywood.

Fantasy; Sci-fi; Dark Fantasy; Adventure; Mature;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Evil villain being evil for the sake of being evil. This just made them totally flat and bland while it works well in a kid's movie. The worst thing they do is to monologue for five to six minutes in front of the hero they are about to kill then gets stabbed/died soon after. Yep, one example of this is Smaug from the third Hobbit movie.

Also, the chosen one protagonist being all special and chosen onesy for the sake of being the hero(ine). This just make him/her a living plot device rather than an actual character.

Though this is just a minor pet peeve of mine, I always thought why did those swords go through plate armor like it was nothing? This always happened in medieval movies whether or not they are based on fantasy.
    "May the great Twelve have mercy on us all," - Marius, Inquisitor of the Crown

Spoiler: Random stuff 

Fantasy, Romance, Historical
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

when childhood friends are lover but then a new person came and one of the childhood friend fell in love with new person. It's really annoying since what is the use of all the past memories they had when it's gonna crumble just like that.
    Credit's to karma

Spoiler: My Roleplays 

I AM NOW SEMI-ALIVE!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I agree with Lleona. I mean, in The Hunger Games, Katniss and Gale were hunting partners as well as friends. But when Katniss and Peeta went into their first hunger games, Katniss started paying more attention to Peeta than Gale, and the sad part of that is Katniss totally ignored Peeta for the most part until the both of them got put in the hunger games.

Also, love triangles. The one I root for always ends up losing the main character to someone else. It's happened to me with The Hunger Games and the Twilight Saga. I was team Jacob all the way.

Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

In the hunger games, katniss doesn't have feelings for peeta other than friendship. He helped feed her from the bakery in secret when her family was starving and she felt like she owes him during the game. The media fabricated the relationship for tv ratings and forced them to pretend for the cameras. Gale didn't know this and felt betrayed so he turned his back on katniss leaving her with the only person that understood what she was going through and the hell she'd been in which was peeta. Katniss always had a thing for Gale.

I also disagree with every movie having to have a romance element, especially when the love interest is incredibly boring and useless and obviously just thrown in.

But the biggest for me is when the whole episode or issue would be solved with a character just explaining themselves instead of just allowing a misunderstanding to happen. Like just tell them whats going on and all your problems are over. I dont know. It always ticks me off.

I also cant watch medical shows or movies. They are supposed to be like this real life sort of show like House or Grey's Anatomy, etc and the procedure is RIDICULOUSLY wrong. I know why they do this because I know this older guy who worked as a paramedic in New York back in the 80s. Anyway, his company got hired to work as consultants on a tv show at the time whom were filming a scene with an ambulance and medics etc. So they get shown the script and the guy goes, "This is all wrong. This is not how any of this works." And then proceeded to explain procedure, legal liability, medical diagnosis, equipment, etc
    So the director says, "Yeah thats not dramatic enough. This is how we're going to do it...."
    The guy I knew wasted an entire week on this set as a 'consultant' only to be told that the actual way this stuff happened was to boring.
    I work in medicine. Ive worked as a medic on an ambulance through college. And Ive worked in several different positions, settling into morgue work. I just cant watch medical shows.
    And my friends and family REFUSE to watch anything with me because I guess I get to worked up about the BS.
    Last edited by Nope; 11-19-2018 at 03:25 AM.
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think i have read some place someone talks about the exploding buildings and someone still manages to walk out as if nothing has happened and the thing where someone hesitates to shoot someone when all they have to do is pull the trigger..the negotiating?? all the talking then somehow the gun is taken from you..
    minotaurfightstore | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/lp/tatami-bjj-gi/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/men...ards-training/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/bra...ami-fightwear/ |
    https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/lp/kickboxing-gloves/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/brand/rival-boxing/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/lp/rdx-boxing-gloves/ | https://minotaurfightstore.co.uk/lp/scramble-bjj-gear/ |
    Last edited by sandertristan; 03-01-2024 at 08:27 AM.
    show me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12