Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Enemies and Forbidden Feelings [Numbers + Rikaya][M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Well, I didn't read it. I opened it and that is about it. I prefer to get to know my partner through meeting them and working with them. Files and papers are great and all, yet they only tell what the person who wrote the file thinks of the person, not who the person really is. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and ultimately, so is every opinion. I wouldn't worry about your teamwork. I have worked with others before, though I have to admit, this is my first time working with someone who isn't from the FBI." He said with an amused and sly smile.

"So tell me, before the command gets here, what are your weapons of choice. Mine is a large rifle, I prefer to fight from long distance but I do keep a weapon for close range in case someone gets close to me somehow. What about yourself?" He asked as he moved over to the table and sat down in one of the chairs watching her.
    made by the lovely karma

romance, fantasy, action, pretty much open to anything [:
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(Sorry for such a long one! xD I kinda figured this part would be pretty lengthy)

Katja nodded at Etmere as he spoke, "that's a fair assessment" she agreed and sat down in a chair across from him. "We have our own divisions in Russia who function much like the FBI, but I personally have been with foreign intelligence for the last several years and a lot of my work has been.....off the radar if you will. I usually don't stray in one place for too long" she explained and folded her hands together on the desk, looking the man over. He seemed approachable enough but Katja had a hard time letting her guard down this quickly. New partner or not, she would tread lightly until they earn each other's trust. She smiled at his next question, "When it comes to weapons, I like a crossbow myself. Hand to hand combat is what I was trained in the most however, so I like to carry blades in case things get hairy in those situations. I have gun training too and can use one if need be" she went on. "I kind of wonder why they chose the two of us to be partners, any idea on what this mission could be?" she wondered.

<-------------------------------------------->

Kaden sat on the floor, with his werewolf pack sitting around him in a circle. They had all been informed by Denver that the alpha ritual will take place tonight and everyone looked a bit uncomfortable as they waited. Everyone gathered in the large basement of the mansion which used to be owned by Royce and after his death, was inherited by the remainder of his pack. Royce was a great business man, and he build a prosperous construction business. His work was known in at least 15 states across the country so he was able to afford certain luxuries, such as a mansion big enough to house a werewolf pack. Royce's shoes were definitely big shoes to fill, and Kaden was going to start tonight, by completing the Alpha ritual.

The ritual consisted of two wolves who want the Alpha position going head to head in a battle and earning the respect of the other wolves in the pack. Kaden wasn't sure who his opponent was going to be but it could easily be any of the men in his pack as he was more than certain that most of them would like to be Alpha. "So, who is it going to be?" Kaden finally asked and stood up slowly circling the group. No one said a word until Kaden heard a stir behind him and turned to see some of werewolves moving over to the side to let someone walk through into the circle. Kaden tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow in surprise to who he saw walk into the ring. "Denver? I didn't think you would be the one to come in here" Kaden commented. "Are you really that surprised?" Denver replied. One known fact is that Alpha's are not always the biggest wolves in the pack and this was evidenced by Denver. He was the Beta in the pack and he was of a bigger build than Kaden. Kaden was tall and lean but he was strong. Denver's strength was visible in his broad shoulders, his arms and chest. Any outsider looking in would probably say that this is a done deal, that Denver would take Kaden out in a second, but Kaden was determined tonight.

He smiled at Denver, "I'm not surprised, but you do know I have to fight with the intent to kill, right?" Kaden asked him. "Don't hold back on my watch" Denver replied with a smirk and took the liberty to phase first. Denver's eyes turned yellow, he bared his teeth which turned into his fangs, and his hands flexed as his claws grew slowly from his fingers. Without a full moon, werewolves could not turn into their full wolf form successfully. It was possible, but the lack of control they had over their full wolf form made it safer to only transform into the phases they could control. Kaden followed suit and transformed into his third phase as well with his eyes glowing yellow, and his fangs and claws on full display. The third phase also enhanced their abilities, not as much as their full wolf form, but enough to where they could do some damage.

The two werewolves circled each other and the rest of the pack watched patiently. Denver threw the first punch which Kaden caught and with one hand and swiped his free hand toward Denver, which he narrowly avoided. Breaking Kaden's grip on his fist, the two wolves went at each other, punching, clawing, moving at impeccable speed. When they broke away, they were both visibly out of breath. Denver's cheek was cut open with blood coming down his face and several cuts on his arms. Kaden had a deep gash in the shape of claw marks going across his chest. Werewolves were known for their self-healing abilities and Kaden already began to feel the skin on his chest tighten and close, although Denver wasn't okay with that.

Dashing towards Kaden, Denver pushed his claws into Kaden's chest almost sending Kaden into a nearby pillar which was supporting the ceiling in the basement. The pain was instant and excruciating but Kaden had just enough time to block Denver from digging his claws any further into his chest. Denver pushed against him, both wolves growling at each other, their eyes fierce. Kaden dug his own claws into Denver's arm, making him growl in pain and Kaden took this opportunity to wrap his arm around Denver's neck and give him a good kick in the gut, sending Denver down to his knees.

Kaden clutched his chest as this wound was deeper and worse than the last, so his body was having a hard time healing. Kaden took a quick look around the rest of the pack noticing that they were all watching with hard expressions and he knew he needed to do end this soon if he was to take his place as Alpha. Letting rage take over when you are even partially transformed, could turn into a deadly situation, but rage could be a major fuel for a werewolf's power. A big part of Kaden didn't want to kill Denver, but the point was to fight like you intend on killing. So Kaden began to focus on his rage. Meanwhile, Denver took a minute to recollect himself but this was all part of his plan, to take Kaden by surprise.

It worked for the most part because Kaden didn't even see Denver coming. He came off his knee quickly and lunged himself at Kaden. Kaden stumbled back and reached out his arm towards Denver and his hand collided with Denver's neck hard enough to knock some wind out of him making him let out a cough. Kaden however didn't let up and he squeezed his fingers tighter.

Denver struggled to breathe and he grabbed at Kaden's wrist to try and pry him off, but Kaden wouldn't budge. He growled and began pushing Denver back down to his knees and as he did, a wicked idea crossed his mind. Kaden moved his fingers just enough so that when he released his claws they went right into Denver's neck. A shriek could be heard in the room and Kaden recognized it as belonging to Carolina and the rest of the pack stirred, some of them rising from their sitting positions. Kaden growled in their direction to let them know that they should stay back, and they did. Blood began to seep from Denver's neck as Kaden pushed his claws in deeper. Denver's eyes now changed from fierce to panicked and he kept struggling to catch air, his hands desperately pulling at Kaden's wrist. Denver was on his knees now, making short gasps and chocking sounds. "Kad.....en....." he managed to say through his gasping but Kaden was lost in his own rage. He stood there, claws deep into his Beta's neck, and he knew he was killing him. When Denver's hands fell to his sides and his gasps for air grew shorter and shorter Kaden's humanity flooded back in and he finally released Denver's neck, letting his Beta fall to the floor barely alive.

Kaden stood there looking down at what he just did, his hand covered in Denver's blood which was dripping slowly to the floor. There was regret, horror, and remorse that flooded him all at once but when he moved his eyes to look at his pack, he knew he couldn't lose this moment. Carolina's eyes were filling with tears but Kaden had to ignore all that. He bared his teeth and let out a loud growl making sure to make eye contact with as many of his pack members as possible. This was the final step, the call of the Alpha. If the rest of the pack bows to him, that means he did it, he has earned his place.

As his growl rang through the room, the rest of the pack froze and Kaden looked them over intently. After a few moments, one by one the pack began to get down on one knee and bow their head to Kaden. It was done, he was now the true Alpha.

Denver was laying motionless on the floor before he awoke with a loud gasp for air. Kaden was relieved to know that he let him go with enough time to allow him to heal. Kaden sat down next to Denver and put his hand on his shoulder giving it a light squeeze. "You good?" he asked and Denver looked over at him, managing to give a weak grin. "That's how you do it" he said through labored breaths and raised a fist to Kaden, which Kaden met with his own.
    Last edited by Rikaya; 08-05-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Before he could answer with his opinion on why they were put together an answer came from a man who had silently entered the room, the command of order's division in America. "It's because the two of you are strong in the area that the other is weak. Katja, I trust your flight was well and thank you for coming to assist our division with this mission. Before the two of you ask any questions lets move onto the briefing." He came over to the table and sat down at it as well before pulling a remote out of his pocket. He pressed a button and a screen on the wall turned on showing information that would match what he was saying.

"Tomorrow, we begin operation cleansing rain. This operation is only coming into play due to the fact that we have gained information that the fae races are starting to stir and cause trouble again. Mainly the vampire clan is starting to look into the artifacts that we have long kept hidden from the world. If they find the locations of where each artifact is buried, the fae could gain massive amounts of power that they could use to once again plunge the world into fear. While we could go and grab the artifacts and bring them back to more secure places, this actually gives us a unique opportunity. Intel suggests that the one spearing heading the vampire search is 'The Queen', the same vampire agent who lead the special operation missions against our people in the first war. She was extremely dangerous then and should be considered even more dangerous now since she has had many years to perfect her state of killing compared to us. Agents who run into her are instructed to retreat. We expect that we are going to need close to a few platoons together just to take her down with the little information we have on her." He pressed some buttons to show some drawings of the vampire and photos they took of her in recent years.

Then the slides went onto the different clans of the werewolves. "While we guard the locations of the artifacts we are going to start hunting the werewolf clans. We don't have much information on a lot of the clans. The information we do have is on the more wild clans. Our hope is that by hunting down and torturing the Alpha of these more wild packs, we can gain information on the names and locations of the quieter more hidden packs. The two of you are one of the teams that will be hunting the werewolves. Your first location is going to be Yellowstone park and you are set to leave right away taking one of our smaller jets. Now, any questions?"
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Katja turned her attention to the man who walked into the conference room and nodded at him when he spoke. "Thank you sir, it is good to be here" she answered him and leaned back in her chair as he went right into the briefing of the mission Katja and Etmere were being assigned to. At one point she crossed her arms across her chest and watched the screen as the mission was explained, focusing on the images of her soon to be targets. As she listened to the briefing, part of her mind began to wonder back to her teachings from Catholic school. When she attended her specialty classes, she was taught about the demeanors and habits of the multitude of fae that existed in this world. Some were more dangerous than others, but all were viewed as a threat. If they kept their heads down no one would need to take them out, but the hunters still existed to maintain control. Looks like it was time to bring her hunter handbook back out which she had put together during her time in school and one she kept updated as the years went on. Part of Katja's job was to acquire intel and it's a habit she decided to keep. The more she knew the better off she was. After the briefing was over Katja unfolded her arms, "I do have a few questions if you don't mind. Why are we starting out with the werewolves? Is there information you'd like us to obtain from them, or a specific group you need us to take out? Or are all werewolves our targets?" Katja wondered.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Our primary goal will be the vampires, however, as of right now they're too dangerous to start with. To say the least, we have no idea how organized they are, how many of them there are, their whereabouts, and their goals. What we do know though is that the different mythical races stay in contact with each other and help each other with different needs. The fairies from what we can tell are very low on numbers and finding them will take longer than we have. The Merfolk retreated to some of the deepest parts of the ocean making it impossible for us to reach them currently. The werewolves, on the other hand, are a different story." The commander motioned for his own agent to speak, of which he then stood up to address his new partner.

"The wolves it looks like that we're going to be chasing are currently blending in with society in a way that makes it so that we can't find them. However, there are wolf tribes that are much easier to find. Namely the feral tribes who we have been keeping an eye on to make sure they stay in their place. I believe the goal of the commander is that while we ultimately want to hunt down and destroy the vampires we need to find the civilized wolves to find them. To find the civilized wolves, we interact with the feral wolves and use them to get information on where their more hidden cousins are." He then sat back down to let the commander speak again.

"If you have to kill every wolf to get to those bloodsuckers, then you have permission to do so. We are against a clock though, so kill as many wolves as you need in order to get the information on the vampires. Then proceed to move onto the bigger prey, killing smaller vampires to learn about bigger vampires. The information you gain on any vampire agent should be given back to command here since vampire agents are quite strong. Not to mention killing them would only draw the attention of 'The Queen' agent. Something we should avoid doing for now if possible."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Katja took in the commander’s explanation and nodded in understanding. “Understood sir” she replied and looked over at her new partner, giving him a small smirk. In truth, Katja hasn’t been on a hunt in a long while. Sure she’s hunted down other people but she hasn’t hunted a fae in quite some time and she knew she would need to adjust her skill set just a little to be better suited for the work she’s about to do. Katja then raised her hand up briefly, “Sir, may I add one more thing? The FSB sends their regards and has sent with me something we are currently manufacturing in Prague. It is a specialty device...or weapon if you will, that could be potentially useful with this current endeavour. Your men are currently vetting it so feel free to test it out” Katja suggested. “My Russian commanders feel it might be especially useful on the werewolves. But, there is no pressure of course, it is afterall a gift to you. Other than that, I am ready to go.” she added and looked over at Etmere.

<----------------------------------------------->

Kaden was in his room, sitting at his desk with the door shut rubbing his temples. His injuries from the fight with Denver have already healed but at the moment, his skin was healing from his alpha tattoo he had obtained not too long ago. Currently, a different annoyance was stressing him out, namely his alpha duties. Since the fight, most of the pack members have settled down and Kaden felt better about having control. However, there were a set few who still decided to test him. Carolina was giving Kaden hell after he asked her to be his omega within the pack, claiming that she is not a “mother” and will not babysit the pack for him. No matter how much Kaden tried to explain the position to her she wasn’t having it so Kaden chose to leave her to stew for a bit until he was ready to deal with her again. Denver teased Kaden about the fact that Carolina just wanted to be his alpha female and that was definitely not up for discussion at the present moment.

To distract himself, Kaden started to read through some of the journals that Royce had left him. They were all basically self-made encyclopedias on all things fae related and Kaden actually found them interesting. There was one journal however, that caught Kaden’s attention and he fished it out of the pile and turned it over in his hands. It was a smaller journal, green, worn as if it was used the most, it was locked, and it had what appeared to be Royce’s initials on the bottom right of the front cover. Kaden could only guess that this was probably a personal journal of Royce’s and a part of him wondered if he should even read it, though it was in the pile of other journals he got so if it has something useful within it, Kaden wanted to know what it is. He took a second to see if he can find a key to the lock but there didn’t seem to be one, so Kaden grasped the metal latch and pulled it apart with his hands. The lock mechanism clicked and the metal latch broke off, falling to the table. Kaden flipped through the pages and noticed that it was Royce’s personal journal after all, as it was dated with every entry. As he kept flipping through, something on one of the pages caught Kaden’s eye and he flipped back to the page and ran his finger over the words. What he saw made him frown instantly and he brought the journal closer to him as if he misread something. “What?........” Kaden said to himself in disbelief. The name in this entry read Serenity Walker. Why did Royce write about mom? Kaden thought to himself and his interest was suddenly peaked and he settled in his chair to read the entry in the journal.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Valeria was sitting on the highest point of the new building that was being constructed. The day had since gotten dark and the moon was high in the sky. A half moon. Two weeks and her new friend would be forced to transform. She smiled at the thought before looking down at the vampire soldiers moving throughout the construction zone. There was more than one reason for the new facility and quite simply, there were things that the vampires had to construct themselves to make sure everything went correctly.

The main reason her soldiers were moving around though was the fact that they were burying a new device in the ground. A failsafe the council called it. If the day came that they would be hunted again, then all of their campuses had bombs implanted underneath them. Only the bombs were dirty bombs, filled with radioactive materials that would not break down anytime soon. The vampires, thanks to their healing powers, had no problem working near it without protective gear.

She always thought it was funny that humans would make a weapon that was so deadly to themselves, without realizing that it was perfect for the fae who were unaffected by it. Add in the fact that the humans produced radioactive waste and hired outside companies to dispose of it safely, it was easy for the council to obtain and repurpose into bombs. Each facility had at least one, or more depending on the size. In cased in a special cement compound to prevent the radiation from leaking yet, surrounded by enough smaller advanced explosives that would only explode from a special signal device that the vampire king and his heir held.

To her family, the war was never over with the humans. Not until they retrieved the artifacts that took their powers away from them in the first place. Until they got their powers back, they would never stop fighting, infiltrating, and killing those that called themselves mankind. She thought about what Kaden would think of the vampire messenger. She knew that he would be arriving early and would be at the mansion of the wolves soon enough. It was a secret place to anyone but those in the clan and a few other individuals. She herself, having worked with the previous Alpha, had been to the mansion on several occasions. Only a few of her trusted advisors who worked as her private soldiers that reported to her instead of her father knew the location as well since they usually went everywhere with her. She smiled, knowing the time was coming soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexander had come to the gate of the private territory of the wolf clan. He rolled down the window and stuck his hand out, pressing a few buttons on the gate to make it open before driving through. As he drove a few more minutes he came out in front of the large mansion-like house that the wolves used as the base came. He had no doubt that they already heard his car a mile away.

He got out with ease though and grabbed the suitcase that was in the backseat before walking up to the front door. He made sure his suit was straight before his free gloved hand knocked on the large door of the wolves mansion. He had his job and he was gonna make sure it got done no matter what. He knew what was in the case, as well as the importance of what was in it. Besides the fact that he was chosen because he knew where this location was, he was also chosen because of just how important it was that the message didn't get intercepted. Because of that, the case was built out of silver to keep wolves from touching it and had a small acid container on the inside to destroy the message if humans got it instead. For now, he waited for the door to be answered.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After my encounter with Serenity Walker,
    I couldn't get her out of my mind.
    She had every chance to kill me, to rid this world of yet
    another abomination.
    She had the skill, the weaponry, the desire gleaming in her eyes.
    But she didn't do it. Why? I couldn't begin to understand......

Kaden read through the journal entry he found which seemed to be about his mom. It wasn't clear what exactly was happening in this point in time because he didn't start reading from the very first entry of the journal, but it was interesting nonetheless. When Kaden finished reading this entry, he wrinkled his nose in disgust because it became very apparent that Royce was attracted to his mother, if not more. This was a detail Kaden was not aware of, nor did he know that Royce even knew his mother. If given the chance Royce probably would have told him, but Kaden spent years avoiding the man and holding a grudge for turning him into a werewolf. Unsure of what to think of this new knowledge, Kaden put down the journal, unlocked his bedroom door and walked down the large spiral staircase of the mansion to find Denver. The beta was found in the kitchen, listening to his music with his headphones on and making himself a quick meal. "Denver...." Kaden spoke up a little impatiently. Denver noticed Kaden and took out one of his headphones. "Hey man, what's up?" he wondered and Kaden approached him. "Did you know anything about Royce and my mom?" Kaden asked in a hushed tone deciding to get straight to the point. If there was anyone who knew anything about Royce, it would be Denver. Denver was visibly surprised by this question and raised an eyebrow. "Your mom? Not at all. I don't know if you know this but whatever Royce scribbled in his personal journals were not known to many" he explained and then a frown crossed his brow and he took off the second headphone.

Kaden picked up on it too and they both turned their heads towards the front door. Their ears picked up the sound of someone at the gates of their home, someone who knew their passcode to get the gates opened. That information was not available to many people at all. "Who the hell is that?" Denver wondered slightly on the defensive. "I think I know...." Kaden replied and remembered his exchange with Valeria the other day, that must be the visitor she was talking about. Kaden began to walk towards the door and reached it just as a knock came through. Unlocking the door, Kaden saw a very put together young man standing outside. Valeria sure likes to keep her people looking nice, Kaden thought to himself. "Hi, you must be the visitor I was told to expect, is that correct?" Kaden asked the man and his eyes wondered down to the suit case he was holding. It was obvious that it was made of silver and Kaden looked back up to the man with a slight smirk on his lips. Whatever is in there, Kaden would need this guy to help him access. Valeria thought of everything.
    "Would you like to come in?" Kaden offered and stepped to the side to give the man an option at entering if he wanted to. "I'm sure you already know this, but I'm Kaden Walker, the Alpha. That there is my Beta, Denver" he motioned to Denver who was standing in the doorway of the kitchen and gave a wave to the vampire outside their door.
    Last edited by Rikaya; 09-05-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The man looked at the two wolves in front of him. "Yes, my name is Alexander Von Bulwark. Call me Alex for short though. I am Valeria's most trusted soldier." Instead of answer on whether he would like to come in he did. "Thank you for the invitation though you do not need to worry. Your previous Alpha gave special privileges to me and Valeria that allow us to enter without needing permission. Not that Valeria would need it due to her noble blood. Only a lesser vampire such as myself would need an invitation." He looked to Denver. "I see you're still alive. Guess that means I lost the bet. Darn." He then looked back to Kaden. "Kaden Walker. Freshly made alpha, I can tell by your scent. Werewolves aren't the only ones with strong smells. Though yours is superior that is for sure." He then turned his attention to the stairs and started walking to them.

"We have important business to discuss. Let us meet in Royce's... Sorry... Your, office. Gather those you would trust with your life in their hands. After all, my mistress has an offer for you that could affect your whole tribe." He stopped at the stairs and turned his head to them, looking at Denver now. "If you need extra convincing I believe Denver can explain to you on what I am about to say. It is over an ancient weapon called the Full Moon Staff." He then turned back to the stairs and started to walk up them heading to the office. He knew where it was from memory. He had been to the mansion many times before when Royce was the Alpha.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden nodded as Alex walked inside and he closed the door behind him. "Ah yes, I keep forgetting of the relationship Royce had with your clan. I'll keep that in mind" he commented on the fact that Royce had already invited Alex and Valeria inside previously. Denver was looking particularly smug when Alex teased him about still being alive. "You two must know each other too then?" Kaden remarked and looked from Denver to Alex. "Only met a handful of times" Denver replied and walked over to join Kaden and Alex at the stairs. "But yes, as you can see, can't get rid of me that easy" he added with a wink. Kaden shook his head at the exchange between the two men. In truth, he was still new to his pack and while he was well acquainted with the members of his pack by now, he was still working on understanding the alliances Royce had formed before his passing and this meeting was going to be a good learning opportunity. Something Kaden learned since joining this pack is that he should take things as they come to him and be open minded. A lesson which was hard for him to learn, especially after spending years as a lone wolf.

Kaden chuckled when Alex corrected himself about Royce's office. "Don't worry about formalities, Royce's presence is still here even though he is no longer with us" he replied and began to follow Alex up the stairs. The vampire seemed to know his way around the mansion just fine and this made it very apparent that Royce dealt with the vampires quite a bit. The mention of the Full Moon Staff made Kaden look over at Denver as well, who seemed unsure of how to address the subject. "Oh...yeah, Royce has mentioned it before. I know it was a huge ordeal when he was alive and him and Valeria worked together to obtain it but once they did it was never put to use. Or at least not to our knowledge because Royce had passed away, so whatever plan he had with Valeria must have been put on hold" Denver explained. "Though, I wasn't the Beta at the time that was going on so I didn't have the privilege of knowing all the dirty details" he added as they reached the top of the stairs.

Feeling intrigued by this staff, Kaden wanted to know more, but there were a few other werewolves from his pack he wanted to invite to sit in on this meeting. "Denver, could you please help Alex get set up in the office? I'll go grab a few other people to join us" Kaden requested and walked in the opposite direction to where the other bedrooms of the house were located. After a few moments, Kaden walked into the office to join Denver and Alex, with Carolina and two of his middle ranked werewolves trailing behind him. "Alex, this is Carolina, Oliver, and Malcolm, you may speak freely in front of them" Kaden introduced them and took a seat at the table which stood in the middle of the office. He kept an eye on Carolina who looked both shocked to have been invited to this meeting and giddy at the same time.

After everyone was seated, Kaden turned his attention to Alex and his armored suitcase. "So, care to go more into detail about this staff of yours? I'm all ears" Kaden opened the floor to Alex so he may speak.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast