Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Enemies and Forbidden Feelings [Numbers + Rikaya][M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alex nodded as he was asked to begin. "Before I explain on this staff let me stress to everyone, that what you are about to hear, is not to leave this room. You are to tell no one else, and you are to only talk about it to others here in the room when you are sure no one else is listening. This information comes from the highest of secret information among even our organization. The only ones who know are Valeria, me, the council, and the king himself. With that out of the way, let me explain more on this staff. As I said before it is called the Full Moon Staff, as you can guess it has to do with werewolves due to the full moon name in it. The staff itself is a weapon, created by an ancient order of humans that the major fae races once fought against many centuries ago. The humans created a wide array of weapons by forcing the fairies to use their magic. In turn, there was a total of ten weapons made. Once for each major fae race, and a few others for a variety of uses against the fae. Each weapon was used to weaken the fae races by a considerable amount. These weapons almost made us lose the war against the humans, which would have ended up all of the fae races being wiped out. However, in the end, the war was won with many loses. The result of the war was that the fae decided that it would be best if we went into hiding, blending in with the humans, and moving to the new world. We made contracts with the people of this continent at the time and became gods to some, demons to others, and humans to even more. Nowadays, our races are simply stories while we blend in with the humans."

He started to undo the locking mechanism on the suitcase and he continued to talk while it worked on being unlocked. "The Full Moon Staff was the weapon that was created to deal with the werewolves. As I am sure you know, you have some control over your ability to change, yet on a full moon, you are forced to change into something else as well. These effects you feel on the full moon, as well as the ability to achieve your true form, which I doubt any of you know since I think you all are too young to have been in the war, is caused by the staff. In order to remove both your curse from the full moon and your curse of limitation, the staff must be used again to reverse the effects." He opened the briefcase and pulled out a small white gem, that was circular and looked like the moon itself. "This is the Full Moon Gem, the artifact that Royce, the previous alpha, and Valeria, the princess of the vampires, managed to retrieve. The whole staff should have been with it, but it wasn't. The gem by itself is useless and worth nothing." He set the gem carefully down on the desk and pulled some documents, handing them to Kaden since he was the new alpha. "Which brings us to why I am here. Valeria has discovered many potential locations on where the rest of the staff, as well as other artifacts, may be located. The Vampires and Werewolves, since the war, have always had a more stable relationship, and alliance, than the other races. Valeria wishes to use this relationship to the mutual advantage of both races again. The offer is simply this. Kaden and one wolf of his choice will accompany me and Valeria, to these new artifact locations. We personally recommend leaving your Beta here, to run your pack in your absence, of course, the decision is fully up to you though." He took the gem and put it back into the suitcase after everyone had a chance to look at it, only to reseal the suitcase with it's lock again.
    made by the lovely karma

romance, fantasy, action, pretty much open to anything [:
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Alex spoke, Kaden listened intently and occasionally gave stern glances to his pack members to make sure they were listening too. The topic of conversation interested the young Alpha and he wanted to learn as much as he could. Some of what he was saying, Kaden remembered from the journals Royce had left for him, but he had only scratched the surface on his own. He figured the humans that Alex was talking about were the hunters, which is a topic Kaden started to read about in the journals. The fact that the fae kept a low key lifestyle made sense because Kaden did not recall ever running into a hunter, and if he did, he definitely had no idea who they were.

When Alex revealed the contents of his suitcase, Kaden and his pack members all examined the gem before Kaden was handed a folder packed with some documents. He took them from Alex and opened the folder and flipped through the papers that were inside. There were various pictures of what appeared to be the ancient artifacts Alex was talking about, and each picture was paper clipped to a description of each and other information that was gathered in regards to the artifacts. In the back of the folder were maps, perhaps something Valeria had put together to try and pin point the locations of these items. Looking at these documents made Kaden frown a bit and an uneasy feeling stirred inside him, the images he was looking at felt oddly familiar to him even though at the moment he was sure he's never seen them before.

Denver noticed his Alpha's odd expression and leaned over to him, "You alright?" he wondered in a hushed tone so not to disturb Alex. Kaden took a quick glance at Denver before closing the folder, ".....Uh yeah, fine" he lied, not wanting to get into it at the moment. His thoughts went back to the topic of conversation and the Full Moon Staff sounded like an impressive creation. If this thing could give the werewolves back control of their lives, then in his opinion, this alliance was worth it.

He let Alex finish speaking before he spoke up. "First off, thank you for trusting us with this information Alex, I appreciate the knowledge" Kaden began. "Second, if Royce believed in this alliance then I have no problem honoring that. I didn't know the guy very well and....him and I don't have the best history, but I'm willing to bet that he knew what he was doing. So, if Valeria would like my assistance in this venture, I will help" he agreed. "Though I will ask for one thing. As you know the next full moon is in 2 weeks and we have a protocol to follow when that time comes. I only ask that you let us get that out of the way before we begin this journey. We're all....less than pleasant during that time as I'm sure you understand" Kaden explained.

"Once that's done, we should be good to go" Kaden concluded.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"That is understandable. As it stands the princess can not begin the mission until this construction job is done anyways. After all, she has to make sure that this project is finished in order to make sure other certain projects are underway for the future. I was also instructed to give you a gift should you to choose to accept this alliance." It was amusing what his mistress would command him to do at times. He pulled out two letters and handed them to the werewolf. "Both contain different items. The first contains a key that unlocks a room at a hotel. In that room, you'll find a bag of supplies, tools, and a phone with a singular number in it that leads to our princess. I won't tell you why such a thing would be needed, that is for you to decide if the need ever arises." He then looked over to the rest of everyone.

"The second letter contains a new passport for you. You'll need it when going on these missions. We didn't know who you would choose so our... Intelligence officers... made a set of passports for the wolves they would determine to be most likely based on the observations we made while you were working at the construction site. There is one for you, your beta, your mate, and a few other senior wolves that you have. Who you decide to use their new passport, is again up to you." He then gave a bow, with one hand on his chest, and one hand holding his briefcase. "Now I shall take my leave. Do not worry about seeing me out. I know my way, and I am sure you and your advisors have much to discuss once I am gone." He waited though to see the answer and the reaction of the wolves on the gifts, as well as the permission to go ahead and leave.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden nodded as Alex talked about the construction project that was still underway and which Valeria wanted to complete. "You can also pass on to your princess that we will be working diligently on this construction project as well. Even with the full moon, I expect no serious delays" he reassured the vampire. Though it seemed as if there was more that Alex was instructed to do as he pulled out two envelopes and handed them to Kaden. Raising an eyebrow a bit at Alex's explanation of the contents of the first letter, Kaden opened it and looked inside briefly to see the key he was referring to. He almost let out a chuckle because this was very like Valeria, seeing as she liked to mess with him, but he stifled his laugh because Carolina was fidgeting in her seat. The mere mention of Valeria could send this girl on a spiral, but Kaden receiving a key to a hotel room which will in turn lead him to Valeria, probably made the young wolf's blood boil. At the moment, Kaden really wished that Carolina didn't let Valeria get under her skin so much.

He was glad when the attention was taken off of him when Alex revealed the next letter as having passports for each of them. This time, the mention of Kaden's "mate" seemed to calm Carolina down and she went back to having a content expression. The idea of having a mate made Kaden feel uneasy because part of him didn't see a necessity in having one, nor did he really want to deal with a werewolf such as Carolina on a daily basis, she was already difficult to handle. Though Kaden knew he would need to address this with her sooner or later and just the thought of that gave him a headache. Not that Carolina wasn't a pretty girl in her own right, with her olive skin, brown hair and green eyes, but Kaden never had time to think of her as more than his pack member. Most of his thoughts revolved around figuring out his past and how to be a good alpha.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Kaden stood from his chair as Alex was getting ready to leave. "I appreciate the gifts...whatever they may be for" Kaden commented, mostly referring to the first letter with the hotel key. He reached out his hand to shake Alex's as a thank you, "Thank you for coming. If we have any questions should we be reaching out to you?" he wondered.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He turned to look at the Alpha. "You should simply ask The Queen', you know where to find her. If you don't know who she is somehow, then you should read the information left behind for you. Specifically the ones regarding the holy war." He then spoke up again. "With that, I must take my leave young Alpha." He bowed one more time before leaving the wolves to themselves to discuss their now new possible plans as well as to discuss on what he had hoped, on how to proceed and who to choose to send with his queen.

As he eventually left the mansion and got back into his car, he pulled out a cell phone and brought it to his ear as it started to dial his queen. "The deal has been accepted as you predicted it would be. Hopefully, they are discussing who they would like to have work with you. Now we shall see if your other predictions come true my queen." Was all he said before hanging up and starting the car as he prepared to leave.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After saying their final farewells, Kaden saw Alex to the door of the office and allowed the vampire to show himself out of the mansion as he stated he could do. The rest of Kaden's pack were all huddled in the hallway outside of the office with very curious expressions as they also watched the vampire leave their home. Still standing in the doorway of the office, Kaden then looked back at Denver, Carolina, Malcolm, and Oliver his strongest and most capable wolves. Denver was still looking concerned because of how Kaden reacted to the photographs in that file, and Kaden wished he could explain this to his beta, but he couldn't, because he himself wasn't sure what was wrong.

With no set answers ready at this moment, Kaden needed to leave his pack with at least something before he adjourned this meeting. He walked back up to the desk in the middle of the room and sat down at the edge of it next to Carolina. Running his hand through his hair he spoke up, "That was a lot to take in and I know you probably have concerns and questions. I have them too, but the only thing I'm sure of is that this alliance is worth seeing through, for Royce's sake. He believed in this stuff and I know you all believed in him when he was alive. I don't plan to fail you either" Kaden spoke and looked over at his pack sitting at the table and smiled at them. "There is a passport for each of you and as much as I would love to take you all, I can't, I'm sure you understand that. Denver, you have to know that you won't be going for sure. No offense, but you're the next in line in case something happens to me" he went on. Denver smirked at his alpha, "Damn...responsibilities" he commented in a joking manner and leaned back in his chair with his arms behind his head. Kaden rolled his eyes before settling his gaze at the other 3 wolves at the table. "The rest of you, give me some time to think this through. Wherever we go may be dangerous and I have to consider that as well as the well being of the pack. I will let you know who will come with me in a few days. For now....I want everyone to prepare for the full moon" with that Kaden let everyone go.

The next two weeks wore down on the wolf pack but more so on Kaden. The encroaching full moon was beginning to have its affect on everyone and the wolves were growing restless and emotional. Kaden had his own things to work out in his head but his own emotional state made him agitated and he found it hard to focus. The only thing that kept him from losing his cool is their work. Physical labor was a great asset to werewolves around the time of the full moon and it really helped Kaden keep his pack under control. Having something else to focus on did wonders on taming random urges to kill something or someone. In some ways, it made the werewolves work harder at their jobs because they wanted to remain distracted so the project Valeria had planned was moving along a lot faster than usual over the course of these two weeks.

It was a Wednesday and the full moon would fall on Friday. Kaden had just finished with a section of the roof before coming back down to the ground. He took his hardhat off and fixed his hair which was a little damp from his sweat, it was an unusually warm day today. He needed to go speak to Valeria about taking the rest of the week off because tomorrow, the day before the full moon, his wolves could come unhinged and that was not a risk he wanted to take. He looked around for the vampire girl that liked to lurk around the construction site and spotted her a little ways away from him. He waved at her with his hardhat to see if he could catch her attention.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Valeria saw Kaden trying to get her attention but she was busy with something else. With the construction project approaching completion, she was overseeing the fail-safe installation. Right now, in the center of the campus, there was a deep hole in the ground. Above the hole, was a large steel looking box that had a skull warning symbol on the side. The warning was in the vampiric language so none of the wolves would understand it. It was made to only be read by the vampires to warn them of the fact that it is a dirty bomb.

The crane started to lower it into the whole and red danger lights started to flash on the steel box. Valeria kept using her hand to motion for it to go farther and farther down. Slowly the box got finished lowering and the crane started to move back up without the box attached to it. Valeria smiled before turning around and walking over to Kayden with a smile on her face. When she got over to him she put an arm around his arm and pulled him close to herself with a smile. She knew that tensions and emotions would be running high with the approaching of the full moon.

Which to her, meant it would only cause more fun to come from the shewolf seeing the female vampire pulling him close to herself. "So what is it that you needed my new found toy." She said with a smile as she kept him forcefully pulled closer to her. She smiled pulling a key out of her pocket and holding it in front of him. "We can always go to that special room I have. I think it would do well to let you see what you're dealing with if you're going to keep pulling me close in front of that shewolf." She said with a sly smile and a teasing tone as she waited to hear what it was that he really wanted from him.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seeing that Valeria was occupied with something, Kaden took this moment to take a short break while he examined what she was doing. He opened a bottle of water and took a long swig before wiping his forehead with the sleeve of his t-shirt. There was a large metal box that was being lowered into the ground and Valeria was overseeing it. It had a large picture of a skull on the side which to Kaden only meant that its something dangerous. For a second he contemplated asking her about it but he doubted she would tell him, so he decided against it.

When the vampire finally turned towards him she had that all too familiar smile on her face and Kaden shifted in his stance trying to prepare for her sarcastic and playful nature. In truth, he wasn't in the mood to deal with it and when Valeria slipped her arm around his and pulled him close to her, his agitation only began to rise. It made him wonder if her games ever got her into trouble. At the mention of the "she wolf" as Valeria liked to call Carolina, Kaden decided to play along, because he figured that Carolina would behave herself, especially if she wanted to prove to him that she was worthy to go on the expedition with him. This would be a good test.

Kaden moved his arm so that his hand slipped down to Valeria's and he held her hand for a second before pulling her to him in return. He turned his body slightly and leaned down so his lips were close to her ear, "You know, my temper is not the only thing that's heightened right now. So if you keep threatening me with that room, I might just take you up on it" he whispered before moving away and releasing her hand. He went back to being casual and looked at the vampire with a smile, "I have a favor to ask of you my Queen, the next two days will be a bit rough for my wolves so I was wondering if you'd allow us to take these two days off? For safety concerns of course" he asked and made sure his ears were tuned in case Carolina started to react, so far, he didn't pick up on any distress which was a good sign.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Time off? That depends on my lovely Kaden. Since you sound like you want to go to my room with me alone, I guess I can give you these two days off." She was talking louder to make sure the shewolf heard. Though she went back to a normal tone and started to pull him in the direction of the hole. "Truth be told though, that is more than fine. You wolves have your needs, and it will take about two days to fill this whole back up completely with cement. Especially since we will be making sure that the mixture that goes into the hole to seal it, is done correctly. It's a specialty compound that is both weak to explosions, but strong to pretty much anything else." She overlooked the hole as she just stood next to him normal now.

"It's good to see that you have decided to accept the alliance. The previous alpha knew that it really was the best option considering the alternative. To see you follow in his footsteps worries me some though. Mainly, I hope that all of your decisions aren't the same decisions that he would make. I would hate for a similar fate to happen to you. After all, the stress of having to manage the clan and manage the relations with me can be quite deadly if one isn't careful. I don't need a sheep for an ally. I prefer a wolf." She said with a sly smile at him.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden had to admit that his own flirtatious and playful nature began to show a bit more. Something that he didn't always do, but seeing as the full moon fuels his emotions he couldn't always help which emotion would be the dominant one. He went from being irritated with Valeria to just letting her have her fun. "Thank you for letting us off. I'm glad you understand our circumstances. We'll be good as new once the full moon passes" he assured her and followed her over to the hole in the ground where the metal box was being placed and seeing as the vampire addressed it, Kaden decided to ask after all. "So, what is this exactly? A bomb?" he wondered. It wouldn't surprise him if it was, as Valeria seemed to always be scheming and planning something. She seemed calculating and careful but also intelligent and experienced, admittedly they were good qualities to have but Kaden wasn't going to mention that. In fear of giving the vampire a bigger head than she already has.

"I appreciate your concern, but I wouldn't worry too much. I respect him for the kind of alpha he was but at the end of the day I'm not him. Not sure if you know this, but I never really liked the guy anyway" he chuckled at the last part. Though he had to agree that he wasn't too keen on leading himself down a path that lead to his death, like it happened with Royce. Kaden wasn't afraid of death per se, especially if he died doing something good and important, but he didn't want to die because he was reckless. Kaden then stepped behind Valeria and placed a hand on her shoulder, gently running his fingers down her arm. He bent down again and whispered in her ear, "I assure you I am no sheep, I can be as big and bad of a wolf as you'd want me to be..." he trailed off and let out a gentle low growl.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast