Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Enemies and Forbidden Feelings [Numbers + Rikaya][M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Ancient Enemies and Forbidden Feelings [Numbers + Rikaya][M]

In Medieval times, the balance between the human world and the fey world was equal. Humans were aware of the fey and the fey, for the most part, left the humans alone. However, due to rising population among the humans, so did certain tribes among the fey world in response. As the fey tribes grew in power to match the humans, the humans started to fear the fey world more and more. Eventually leading to the establishment of a holy order among the humans. This order began to gather rare materials from both the human and fey world in order to craft weapons that were infused with the souls of the fey. These unique powerful weapons allowed them to weaken the growing fey tribes in different ways. When these weapons were created, the fey tribes retaliated declaring war on the holy order. The war waged for a hundred years before the fey finally defeated the order. However, in order to prevent the fey tribes from getting the weapons and returning their powers back to them, a lone high ranking officer in the order was sent to leave for Asia where he could hide the weapons. As hundreds of years go on, the different tribes settle back down, thinking that the enemy is destroyed as they learn to live with their new weaknesses. All the while, the remaining order officer passes down the teachings of the order through the family, working to eventually rebuild different connections, resources, and contracts with the different nations of the world.

Now after hundreds of years the order has returned and began the hunt once again to destroy the fey world. Will the tribes that stood against the order before reunite against the ancient enemy? Or will the problems of a new world stop pacts of the old world from surviving?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out Of Character Thread:
    https://role-player.net/forum/showth...62#post2992262

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Medical Experimentation HQ:

Eleven people sat around a table waiting for the king to arrive. It was the day to discuss the next step of their plans. For a few years now they had been spending resources to try and figure out where the artifacts of old had been buried. The hope being, that they could retrieve the artifacts and restore their own power back to the state that it used to be. As they made idle chatter, waiting for their king to arrive when suddenly the large doors to the conference room opened and the king came walking into the room. The eleven heads of the family stood with a slight bow and the king raised his hand to motion to them to sit down.

As the king sat down at the table he began to spoke. "Thank you, all of you for coming. I know that with the recent expansion of our company and the many locations that we are adding for the furthering of our business, you all have been busy with helping to manage these new projects. Today we are here to discuss not only the beginning of phase one of Project Restituere but, the spearhead agent who will be the leader of the project. A few months ago when the last time we met, I had asked all of you to put names forward on who you think should spearhead this project. Since then we have worked through your lists of suggestions and I have decided on what we are going to do. Each family is great at a different part of the company and as such, each of your top picks will work together on a sort of mini-council for this project. Each council member of this smaller council will be in charge of the different roles that they do best. The person will be leading this council will be my daughter. With this plan announced are there any who disagree?"

The king looked around the table to see the different heads of the family discuss it quietly with those around them. Finally, one of them raised their hand and the king motioned to him to speak. "While I do not disagree with the plan I do have a question. How much power will your daughter hold in this mission if she is leading them." The rest of the heads of family nodded before the king spoke to answer the question. "She will have the ultimate power to make the decisions. Your people will serve as her advisors, telling her the best course of action for the different things in motion. More than likely, multiple council members may have a different idea on what is best for proceeding in different situations. This is why she will hold the ultimate power to make the decision of how things will proceed. Now with no further questions, let us move onto the next thing on the board."

At Construction Zone for new Medical Experimentation research lab in Delta Colorado:

Valeria was overlooking the construction zone that was in front of her. She was wearing her normal dress like outfit. Working on the construction of the zone was the werewolf clans. It was one of the few instances where her race worked with there's. They built the stuff the vampires wanted to be built and in return, the vampires paid them with experimental medicine to try and help give them slightly more control of their beast forms. She had just been informed of her father's plans a week ago and knew that today was the day that her father and the other heads of the family would be voting on the plan. She knew that no one would oppose her father on the plan so instead of being there to receive the news she was continuing to work as security for the new construction zone. Mainly she was making sure humans didn't make their way into the zone somehow. She had several divisions of agents around the area as well covering everything with the order to report to her if someone who shouldn't be in the location was trying to get in. For now, she was simply watching the werewolves work, observing the different werewolves and what they were capable of. She was more so interested in observing the Alpha of the clan that was working on the current construction project. She had never met the Alpha and it was enough to make her curious.
    made by the lovely karma

romance, fantasy, action, pretty much open to anything [:
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden was confused. His vision seemed to be blurry and the things he was seeing appeared as foggy images that kept flashing in and out in odd and random ways. Nothing he was seeing went together, didn't form a coherent sequence of events, and didn't make any sense. The only thing he was sure of, was that he saw everything from his own perspective, like he was actually there in that moment. Flash... "Kaden go upstairs please....." a woman looked down at Kaden with a concerned look on her face. Mom? Kaden found himself thinking, what is she doing here? Flash... Another woman which Kaden didn't recognize knelt down to him. "Hi Kaden" she said with a soft tone and a warm smile. Kaden looked behind her to see a man standing there with what looked like a clerical collar. Were they from a church? Flash... The room was hot, too hot and it smelled like......something was burning? Kaden couldn't move or breathe. His lungs were filling with smoke and felt himself cough. Then a scream filled his ears and Kaden jolted awake in his bed, his body moving to a sitting position. He was breathing heavy, sweat running down his face from his hair line, which he wiped with the back of his hand. Trying to catch his breath, he looked around and realized he was in his room. It was dark, probably the middle of the night, and he figured out that he was dreaming.

What the hell was that? Kaden thought to himself and got out of his bed to go wash the sweat off his face. In the bathroom, he cleaned up and then looked at himself in the mirror. The man looking back at him was a 26 year old kid who's life was turned upside years ago. Now his body was 26 but he himself was much older due to his werewolf immortality. He wondered sometimes how he even got to where he is now because being a werewolf was never on his agenda. His mind still racing from his dream, Kaden made his way back to his bed, laid down and looked at his clock to see what day it is. It was almost that time again.......sighing he drifted off back to sleep.

The construction site was booming. Kaden has managed to motivate his clan to get into their work and get things done and he was glad to see hard work in action. He himself was using a woodcutter to cut down wooden boards into long thin strips which were going to be used as wall reinforcements in certain sections of the building they were working on. He wasn't paying much attention to anything else as he was engrossed in what he was doing and his mind kept going back to his dream he had last night. It still didn't make sense.

The woodcutter was loud so when someone approached him he didn't notice them until a stack of papers were shoved his face. A little peeved at this display he turned off the woodcutter, removed his protective glasses and was about to snap at whoever got in the way like that until he saw who it was. Carolina stood next to him with a wide smile on her face holding the papers. She was a girl from Kaden's pack who always seemed to be a bit infatuated with him and he wasn't sure how to feel about it. "Carolina? Why are you on the site? I thought you girls had another job to get to" Kaden wondered. "I'm here just trying to help out! The final construction plans are here and your review is needed" she explained and extended the papers to him again. Kaden hated doing paperwork, but as Alpha of his clan and the lead on this construction project, he didn't have a choice. "Oh right, okay" he said and took the papers from her, she also pulled out a pen from her pocket before Kaden could even ask for one. This made him chuckle and shake his head, "Always ready aren't you?" he commented. "Of course!" she responded.

Kaden took a few moments to go over the paperwork and he walked around the site, checking on things and marking things off as he went. Once satisfied with what he was seeing, he needed a signature from the person who requested the construction job to ensure that they also approve the plan. Looking around, Kaden found the vampire girl who was always here when his clan was working. He has heard about her multiples times and knew she came from an important family and someone from her family had requested this medical office to be built. Kaden made his way over to the vampire and when he got closer, the other vampires she had positioned all over the site moved towards him which made him stop instantly. Raising his hand up as if to show that he comes in peace, "Just need the boss to sign some papers" Kaden spoke up referring to the vampire in charge. The vampires always seemed to have really tight security around their construction sites which Kaden respected, but also found a bit excessive at times.
    Last edited by Rikaya; 01-22-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Valeria raised her hands as the vampires got closer, making them retreat back to their hiding places. As she walked to where he was, her dress moved, and as her dress moved, different patterns came in and out of view on it. Almost like the dress was many different patterns all at once and not at all, all at the same time. She took the papers for now and overlooked them real quick before starting to walk again. "Follow." Was all she said before she went to take a look at the first location. The sun only served to make her skin look whiter than it already was, making her skin look the color of fresh snow.

As she looked at the first location, it was then she spoke up again to the Alpha. "So you're the Alpha hmm? I don't recognize you. Though, I guess it's been a while since we hired your tribe to do work for us. So what is your name?" As she spoke to him, she was aware of the eyes of the other werewolves watching the two of them. Especially the eyes of shewolf. Possibly his mate, it brewed a possibility to cause some drama and trouble if she touched the Alpha in some wrong way.

She marked part of the paper for the area they were looking at before handing him the papers again. She then went to move around him, putting a hand lightly on one shoulder as she moved around behind him over to his other side, giving an almost hinting look to the shewolf that was watching. She had no attention with the alpha at all, after all, he was just a mutt. Not even a purebred as far as she was concerned. Even if he was a purebred, it wouldn't interest her at all since he was just a dog. However, she did love to cause drama and trouble, both among her own race and among the other races. After living for centuries upon centuries, it was one of the few ways she still found entertainment.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The vampire girl definitely carried herself with poise and her status was fairly apparent, even to Kaden's untrained eye. Kaden never came from a high status family, he knew his parents had money but they weren't anyone of any huge importance. As far as Kaden was concerned, they had good jobs and they never struggled, to him they were just normal people. So even though Kaden wasn't of high status himself, he could tell that royalty was written all over this girl. It almost made him scoff they way she told him to follow her, but he knew better than to run his mouth. He wanted to observe her for a while.

He followed behind her as she walked and looked over the work his pack was doing on the site. As she walked, Kaden's keen nose couldn't help but pick up on the scent of her perfume and he noticed how fair her skin looked in the sunlight. Kaden wasn't sure how much tolerance the vampires actually had for being in the sun, but even if it hurt her he doubted she would show it. He remained quiet as they walked, until the vampire spoke up. "Heh" Kaden began, knowing that the vampire wasn't wrong about him being new. "I'm fairly new, you might remember Royce if you've ever worked with this pack before. He was the Alpha before I took over" he explained. "I'm Kaden" he introduced himself and watched as the vampire walked around him, as if sizing him up, her hand gently grazing his shoulder. Instinctively, Kaden's muscles tensed. He never meant to react that way, but years of being a lone wolf he taught himself to be on high alert at all times. His ears also picked on the sounds of a very strong heart beat a little ways away, a heart beat of someone who was growing anxious or angry. Kaden looked up to see Carolina looking particularly peevish at how the vampire circled him. Now he knew what this girl was doing. "And what shall I call you?" he asked politely with a crooked smile and took the paperwork back from her when she was finished with it.

Almost instantly Carolina was at his side and Kaden raised his eyebrows at her. First, he didn't like his pack using their abilities so freely in the open, he always cautioned them about who may be watching. Second, he hoped that Carolina would have better control over her emotions. "I can take those from you Kaden, I know exactly how you like them filed" she piped up and shot a death glare at the vampire. Carolina fell right into her trap. "Thank you Carolina" Kaden answered and handed her the papers and the girl walked away with a proud look on her face. Kaden cleared his throat, "Can we try this again? I'm Kaden, Kaden Walker, I thank you for your business Miss-?" he asked and extended his hand to her.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Valeria watched the reaction from the shewolf a sly smile before turning her attention to the Alpha. "Zurbank. Valeria Zurbank, first princess to Edward Zurbank, king of the vampires." She had noticed the way he had tensed before when she touched him and decided to speak up again. "Either you're not much for other people, or you have a strong distrust of my kind." She stepped away from and walked up to a part of the building that was mostly completed. The construction zone was building a campus of multiple buildings. "I was wondering where Royce scurried off to. I'm glad that the fact that you are alpha means I didn't scare him and the whole pack away. We used to hire Royce a lot but after the last job he did for us, we figured he and your pack might choose to not take our jobs anymore. Rather bloody, messy accident. A couple of humans stumbled into the construction zone, saw something they shouldn't. He wanted to knock them out and make it seem like they were out partying. I had them killed instead." She then started to move again, putting her hands behind her back as she continued to walk among the construction zone.

She was curious to know what Kaden's stance was on the human population. Her race very much saw them as cattle, food, lesser beings that would often get in the way. Yet, despite them being a lesser species they were the most populate and forced the rest of the races to go into hiding to avoid another war. She shook her head before thinking about it. "If you're a new Alpha then, I am guessing it means you're a younger pup. At least, age-wise, young compared to me. Tell me, what did your last Alpha tell you before you took over? Any information on the other packs, information on the vampire royal family. What about your mate just now? I am curious to know just how old you really are." She said with a curious glance to him, waiting to see what his answer would be. As she did so she made sure to keep an eye out for the shewolf, already planning different things to cause some fun with the shewolf.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So she is royalty, Kaden thought to himself after the vampire girl, now known as Valeria, introduced herself. Kaden knew of the vampire hierarchy but he was never sure how much they lived up to being called kings, queens, and princesses. Clearly, they lived up to it a lot. It wasn't a bad thing but it also seemed a bit daunting. How is anyone supposed to live up to their expectations? How do they build alliances? Werewolves had it a bit easier. The Alpha had the ultimate control and the ultimate say, but before the Alpha can be respected, they have to earn it, literally fight for it. Kaden worked his way in, most of his pack trusted him, but there was a set few that still wanted his spot as Alpha. This was normal in werewolf packs and a power struggle happened from time to time, but that's what the Alpha ritual was for. If you wanted to claim your spot as the true Alpha of the pack, you had to put the ones who question you in their place. Denver, Kaden's beta has been preparing him for this as Kaden had yet to earn his tattoo which would signify his status. He knew that not having solidified his place as Alpha made him an easy target, so he had to act soon.

Kaden listened as Valeria spoke, she was a curious one for sure, but his instincts told him to be careful with how he answered her questions. "Don't be offended, there was a time where I didn't trust anyone. Call it a reflex of sorts" Kaden explained his reaction to her touch. Hearing her talk about Royce made Kaden think of him too, though not in a good way. Kaden used to hate him for turning him, but he let that go after he decided to finally join the pack. Royce wanted to be Kaden's mentor but he died before he could do that, so he left Kaden with all of his journals and books to help educate him, except Kaden hasn't touched any of them yet. He himself was a learn as you go type of guy. A smirk crossed his lips when Valeria mentioned his age. "Perhaps I am younger than you, but since its rude to ask a lady her age I guess I won't ever know" he commented. "I am a new Alpha, yes, but isn't age just a number?" he evaded her question. He wasn't sure if she was genuinely curious or was looking for reasons to mess with him. After all, she already had Carolina dancing to her beat. "And Carolina, she is not my mate. I have a whole clan of werewolves to maintain, I don't have much time for women these days" Kaden went on. "May I ask why you're so curious about me and my pack? If this is about the job, I assure you, these guys are some of the best. So if you're concerned about how I handle my clan and the job getting done, you don't need to worry about that" Kaden assured her and looked over to see Carolina, who was helping some of the guys load their trucks and stealing glances over at him and Valeria. He would need to have a chat with her later.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Good answers. Answering your question should give you a pretty good idea of just how old I am as well. Considering your answers I must assume it means that Royce didn't tell you much about what it is you should know. About a couple of centuries ago, war broke out between the many different intelligent races of the planet. Humans were able to forge unique weapons that resulted in us fae races being weakened. Vampires losing their powers while out in the sun, werewolves being unable to control their powers, fairies being unable to open up their legendary faerie rings, and so much more. As a result we fae races banded together in an alliance and waged a deadly and long war against the humans. The result was that we destroyed the order that made these weapons, but the weapons themselves were lost to the ages." She continued to walk and would give glances over to Caroline as if begging the woman to try something again.

"I fought in the wars and I remember them like they were just this morning. The result for our races, due to what appeared to be the permanent loss to our abilities, was that we all decided it was best if we faded from the view of humans and turned simply into the creatures of myths in order to better protect ourselves and avoid a new war. This is the reason I am asking you a lot of questions about you and your clan. The previous Alpha had no issues keeping his people in obedience. Not everyone in your clan will agree with the vampires either, after all, there are other packs that are more feral, who are only invisible because of the vampires and other fey races taking actions to make sure that humans don't discover them. You could say that me checking in on you is making sure that we don't have a new problem to deal with. A new issue, in need of culling. Do you understand so far?" As she asked the question she stopped and looked him dead in the eyes. Her threat was very real and she wanted to make sure that he knew it too. "Of course if you want your people to be more feral like the other packs that is something we can arrange."

((on a different device than usual sorry if there are spelling and grammar issues xD))
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden followed and let the vampire talk. It seemed she wanted to get a point across and the story she was telling was something Kaden wasn't fully aware of so he listened with interest. As he listened, he began to realize that he should probably go through the journals and books that Royce had left him. Kaden was more than sure that if Royce was still alive he would do everything he could to build Kaden into the next Alpha. Though, admittedly Kaden was never too sure on why Royce took such an interest in him in the first place. Sometimes Kaden's memories or the things he thought he knew seemed out of place or missing entirely. Something had always seemed off but he never fully committed to figuring it out. Perhaps now was the time to start. As Valeria explained the history of the war and how it impacted the fae, things began to make a little more sense about how things worked. Kaden appreciated the history lesson but he couldn't help but wonder what she really wanted from him.

When she shifted the topic back to him and the pack, he figured out that she was just fishing to make sure him being a new Alpha wasn't going to be a problem. Kaden narrowed his eyes. He wondered if she only requested his pack to come work for her just so she could feel him out, test him, question him. That didn't sit well with him and he felt his emotions stirring, but he knew he had to keep it under control. Being as polite as possible, he let the girl finish her rant before he spoke up. When she looked him in the eye and threatened him, that's when he had to say something. "Listen" he began calmly, "I realize my knowledge about the nonhuman world is lacking. There is a lot I may not know or understand, after all I wasn't always a werewolf, but I own up to my weakness and recognize them" he explained, but then something changed in him as he considered the rest of her words.

His body shifted into a defensive position, his eyes changed from his usual blue to his bright yellow wolf eyes. Kaden looked down at the girl knowing full well she could probably take him in a fight, but not like he wouldn't fight back. "I know I'm not Royce, he was well liked and respected by this whole pack. I have my work cut out for me, but I decided to take this position for a reason. I didn't want any of this at first, but I'm here now and there is no turning back. Whatever responsibility I have to take on I will" his voice grew huskier as he spoke, a growl wanting to force its way out of his throat, he had to maintain control. "So instead of keeping tabs on me and trying to make sure I have control over my people, why don't you worry about your own and let me do my job" he concluded and allowed himself to relax, his eyes changing back to his normal color. "After all, I have to finish building your lab, so lets go back to a professional level shall we?" he suggested and stepped away from her. He turned to look at his clan packing up the site for the day. Denver, his Beta, was waiting by a truck and when he caught Kaden looking over at him, he waved him over. "Is there anything else you need from me Miss Zurbank?" Kaden asked. "If so I would be happy to stay and assist you myself as my men are packing up the site for the day" he offered trying to come off the rush of anger this girl managed to get out of him.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Her smile curled at the ends as she had a wide sly smile on her face now. "Nothing I need right now but a few more minutes of your time. I must say it has been a while since someone spoke to me like that. Your previous alpha was certainly too scared, or maybe he was simply not stupid. Hard to tell whether its courage or stupidity. So often, they're the same." She walked to move in front of him so that she would be in his gaze again. "I hired your pack because they're some of the best builders among the clans, not to test you. I am glad though that you will choose to do your job well though. After all, among my race, I am the one in charge of enforcing the fae laws that came out of the peace treaty. Soon, a messenger will be coming to your pack from another pack. The message is gonna be relevant to the work that I do and it is going to have a request in it. Just remember that to me everything is a game, a side effect of my old age. I rarely get serious since the war happened and when I do, not many live after it." She said with a sly smile before not only looking to the beta but the shewolf.

As if to prove the point that she was rarely serious she quickly moved forward to Kaden and gave him a soft gentle kiss on the side of his cheek before backing up slightly to jump from her spot to a part of the building that was sticking up. Her hands were now resting on the building next to her feet as she was crouched over looking at him with the side of her head cocked. The kiss meant nothing and served a singular purpose, to rile up the shewolf for some more fun. "I expect the messenger will arrive for you tomorrow. My guards and I will be here on campus through the night and the day that is tomorrow. You can give me the answer to my request then after talking to your pack and doing research." Even without her powers in the sun, she was still pretty strong, flexible and limber. After all, she was a soldier and she has had hundreds of years to perfect not only her killing but physical abilities without her powers. For now, she would simply watch with amusement of the new alpha's pack as she wondered what kind of impact he would leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Etmere was laying down on his stomach with his sniper rifle in hand as he looked through the scope at the target. He slowed his breathing and time almost seemed to slow down around him as he pulled the trigger a few times. The sound of his powerful rifle echoed through the gun range, though everyone in it paid little attention to it due to the earmuffs that everyone was wearing. He took his eyes away from the scope and moved to stand up, placing his rifle on the table to his side. He then pressed a button making the targets move from the end of the range over to him. Each bullet found its mark in its head. Granted, nonmoving marks were easy to hit, especially when the environment didn't have any of the environmental effects that would mess with the path of the bullet beside air resistance and gravity.

He went to take off his ear muffs and as he did there was another agent standing behind him with a yellow envelope. "Nice shooting as always Special Agent Etmere. Command says its time for your next mission and for you to receive your new partner. They want you to head up to the conference room to meet her and for the two of you to receive your next mission."

Etmere took the envelope from the agent before opening it up. Inside was the papers of the person he was supposed to work with, as well as a special letter issued from his unit commander, marking it as one of the special missions that most of the FBI knew nothing about. He grabbed the rifle and compacted it into it's smaller form before handing it to the other agent. It was very similar to the hidden one his back. He couldn't train with it since there was the chance of it being seen on a camera and bringing a whole host of questions. So he always borrowed the one that was in the training armory. "Return that for me, I'm heading up to go get the details." He figured that he should probably read the details on his partner but he preferred to just meet her in person and see who she really was. The agent nodded in response before leaving. Etmere himself went to the elevator and pressed the button for the tenth floor. He was currently in sublevel five where the shooting range was located. As he rode the elevator to the top he couldn't help but think about what his new mission would be.

When the elevator doors opened up he was greeted by a large number of agent offices. He went to where his office was and grabbed his black coat and put it on before grabbing his badge and heading to the conference room. When he entered, he noticed that the person who must have been his new partner was there. A woman, with an obvious build that wasn't that of an FBI agent. Which meant she was a task force agent like himself but one from a different country than the one he was embedded into.

"Hello, you must be my new partner. My name is Special Agent Etmere Roloft of the FBI, an operative of Michael. Looks like the boss isn't here yet which gives up an opprotunity for introductions before we get our first mission."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaden chuckled at Valeria's response to him. He was sure she was going to try to wring his neck but he figured there were worse ways to die so he wasn't worried about it if it ever came to that."Well, then I may be a little bit of both, stupid and courageous, but you won't be disappointed with our work. You'll have the best medical office in town" he assured her and then was a bit surprised with her next comment. A messenger? What else could this vampire want from him? A part of him was intrigued by this but another part was slightly suspicious. "If that's the case," Kaden went on commenting about her never being serious. "I just hope I'm not the one to trigger the deadly warrior woman lurking deep inside that small frame of yours" he joked with a smirk on his face. He was hoping Valeria had at least a little bit of a sense of humor. When she kissed him on the cheek he wasn't too phased by it. He figured she was playing one of her games she spoke about and he shook his head lightly at this display. Especially since Carolina almost lost her head a few meters away from them. Luckily Denver was there to keep her from doing something stupid.

"You have yourself a lovely rest of your day Miss Zurbank" Kaden spoke to her with a smile and gave her a small bow before disappearing in a flash. Superhuman speed was a gift. When Kaden got to where Denver was standing by the truck, he noticed Denver looking at him with a grin. "The ritual needs to happen soon" Kaden spoke to Denver hoping Denver wasn't thinking him and the vampire had some "thing" going on. After having the conversation he had with Valeria, Kaden suddenly had a surge of motivation run through him. He wasn't sure if he was just being a typical prideful male who wanted to prove a point, or if he didn't want her to have excuses to mock him. He needed to become a true Alpha and soon. Denver's grin turned into a smile filled excitement and he rubbed his hands together before following Kaden into the truck, "You got it boss!" he replied and the trucks belonging to the werewolves all seemed to start at once and one by one they left the construction site.

<-------------------------------------------------------->

The click of high heels could be heard through the halls. Katja had arrived at the American FBI location she was sent to by the FSB, the Federal Security Service, the Russian equivalent to the American FBI. For a while, she has worked for the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR), an independent branch of the Russian FBI, which kept her traveling to many foreign countries for the past several years. A mission of great importance has sent her here, and she was told she would be briefed on it further when she got here and met her partner. She was dressed professionally for this meeting by wearing a suit jacket, a light blue blouse and a pencil skirt to match the heels, in her hand she carried a small briefcase.

She approached the security desk and smiled at the agent that stood there, the agent seemed to recognize her and smiled back. "Ms. Ivanova, welcome to America" he greeted her and shook her hand. "Thank you for having me" Katja responded with a slight Russian accent. After spending years of learning other languages, she had hoped she would lose her Russian accent, but some of it still stuck around reminding her of her heritage. Sometimes that reminder made her feel closer to home, a home she hasn't visited in a long time due to her dangerous line of work.

Katja placed her briefcase on the table in front of the American agent, "A gift from Russia" she commented with a smile. "Always appreciated ma'am, but as you know we will have to have this vetted" he explained. "Of course, do what you need to" Katja was no stranger to protocol and let the man do his job. "Here's your new ID badge, if you'll follow me I'll show you to the office" the agent handed Katja her ID badge and showed her to the tenth floor and into a conference room. "I hope you'll be okay here? Your partner should be here soon and then you will be debriefed" the agent explained. "Thank you, I will be just fine" Katja reassured him and the agent walked out of the room.

Katja unbuttoned her suit jacket and stretched her arms, a 15 hour flight left her a bit stiff. After several moments, she heard the door open again and a young man around her age walked in. She turned to him when he spoke, "Hello, I presume the same about you" Katja commented on him being her partner. "Katja Ivanova, special agent of the FSB and SVR, Russian division. It's good to meet you Etmere" she introduced herself and extended her hand to him as a greeting. "If you read my file at all" she nodded to the envelope he was holding in his hand, "you should know I mostly work alone, so I'm sorry if my teamwork is a bit rusty at first" she joked.
    Last edited by Rikaya; 08-04-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast