Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627

Thread: {M} People Like Us {Numbers & Natora}

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He smiled when she went into him. When she backed away he looked to her with a warm smile as he listened to her question. He thought back on the ritual and when he first learned it. "It's called The Ritual of Identification. It goes back to the first generation of chosen. That is what we call ourselves. Humanity calls us the marked. We call ourselves the Chosen and those who do not have marks, the unchosen. Anyways, since the beginning, the chosen have gone with this ritual. Unlike what it sounds like, it isn't ominous. Each chosen is either born with the marks or has the marks appear on them when other chosen use their powers around them. It has long been debated whether marks appear at birth because we are born with them, or if they appear in those who can use them because other chosen use their gifts as a sort of activator." He shook his head with a smile as he realized he was getting off track.

"Sorry, I'm getting off track. There is a lot of information about who and what we are that is normally taught over the course of one's childhood. We have until we leave. Not a lot of time but it'll have to do. What you need to know for this ritual is that each mark contains essentially, the instructions for your gift. When you use your gift, the mark glows blue. Over time, as you grow as a person and fine tune your gift, your mark changes. For some people, the mark gets smaller, for others, it gets bigger. Then for some, it never changes. Like we change as a person, so does the Mark change to represent who we are." He let go of her hands and move one hand up to his face and pointed to a specific section of his mark around his eye.

"This part represents the power of electricity. It is the part that I was born with. Each part of our mark, while it contains the instructions for how the gift works, it also contains words in them. Almost, like they are their own language. This ritual is basically used to help identify the word or words that the person may have on their body in order to better understand how their power works. The more you understand your power, the better you can train it, and make sure that it doesn't become too dangerous. After all, the number one rule among our people is the preservation of life. Any actions that are taken that can lead to the reduction of life among our people is considered to be the highest offense among our people since we are constantly doing everything we can to survive in a world that is dominated by the unchosen."
    made by the lovely karma

Fantasy and medieval (but still like a modern fantasy from time to time.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kelly listened to what he had to say. There were still many times that she had to force herself to remember that she was one of them now. Of course, with his face showing his mark so freely now it wasn't hard to remember what he was. Even with all of this going on around her, there was still one thing that she really wanted to know more than anything. It wasn't related to her new found abilities at all. Those were something she was still working to accept but there was something more pressing in her mind.

"I will learn to control it. I know I will. I can learn anything," she told him confidently. It was something that she could honestly say she prided herself on, her ability to learn. This couldn't be much different. With determination and grit, anything was possible. "What I really want to know," she started before putting the useless sock that was in her one hand back in the basket, "is if you really had feelings for me." her eyes searched his, wanting, wishing that his affection for her was true.
    Love, Peace, and Happiness!!!

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

With the asking of whether or not his feelings for her were true, he turned his face away from her, breaking the gaze as he tried to avoid looking at her. "At first it was simply part of the mission. There were no feelings, you were simply an obstacle that I needed to turn into a tool to make sure that I could get further into the company to fully establish myself as a controlling agent in the company." He then looked to the ground for a moment as he prepared himself for what he was going to say.

"The best way for me to turn you into a tool that I could use for my advantage was to get personal with, to lie to you so that you would fall in love with me and trust me with information." He turned his attention back to her, looking her back into the eyes. "That changed over time though. What was part of the mission, what was expected of me, turned into the breaking of rules, of what wasn't expected from me. Slowly, I got to know more and more about you. I learned about your father, stole some of your DNA only to find that you were one of us. Slowly but surely I started to fall in love with you. Whether you are in love with me though, in love with the real me... I guess we'll see whether that is the case or not while we try to get you home." He said with a sly smile at her.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What could she have expected? She was a tool, an end to a means. That was what he had been using her for in the end. It was a reason and she had been entirely too trusting to believe that everything he had done had been true and genuine. It hurt. Then he amended what he had said. It was a little hopeful.A truth that maybe there was more planned for her in the great scheme of things than experimenting on unsuspecting patients. Either way it was a little bit of solace to know that in the end he actually had cared for her.

She looked up at him with a small smile, though sadness still touched her eyes. "I suppose we will," she said to him gently. Now the ball was in her court. She had to determine if she could do this. Well...she would do it. Now it was just a matter of figuring out how much she could forgive him. It would be an interesting adventure, that was for sure. That was something she had never planned for herself, though, an adventure. She had expected to simply find her father somehow. She hadn't thought this was going to be the way to find him.

Either way, they had to figure out what the mark was. Taking a deep breath, she sighed gently before undoing her button on her pants and pulling the one side down so he could get a better look at the mark that had been developing. It was more clear now than it had been before. There were a few swirls in different directions now, the old bruise starting to look more like a tattoo than a lump of purple. "So what does it mean that we don't already know?" she asked him.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He got down looking at the mark that was on her leg. "Well, I can't say for sure what all of your Mark means without doing the ritualistic procedure. However, I can read some of the basic parts of your mark and use that to get a rough estimate of what it is your power can do for you." As he talked he let his hands move to her hip, his fingers gliding along the mark on her skin, following it's developing lines, curves, and shapes. He closed his eyes and as he did so his mark started to glow blue and electricity took the form of lightning in the air, surrounding his hands. As it happened, the mark on her hip started to glow blue as well. He could feel the heat coming from her hands but he wasn't afraid of them. His free hand moved up to her hand and grabbed it. He could feel the heat but as he did so, the electricity formed almost a glove over his hand, protecting him from the melting heat of her own power. He wanted to let her know that she wasn't alone in the development of her powers.

He opened his eyes and continued to look at her mark, with one hand on the marks and the other hand holding hers he started to read it. "These are the words that I am able to make out. Over time, new words will appear and other words will disappear, all to enhance and make a more clear picture of what your power turns into. Heat, ball, smoke, liquid, and control. Using your power you are able to turn the air around you so hot that it forms a ball of liquid plasma that produces smoke around it. The word control means that the power is directly linked to you. The more control you lose, the more out of control your power goes. The more control you are in with yourself, the more controlled your power is."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She listened. And she listened well. Kelly had no idea how he could tell what the power was doing but she knew that he wouldn't lie to her about things. One thing she knew for sure, squeezing his hand as she stood next to him, was that he knew that she shouldn't be afraid and it made her less afraid of herself. The one thing that she heard from his words was self control. That was what she needed now. She needed to be in control of her emotions. She had done a terrible job of that so far today but felt it was understandable. Now she had to work at maintaining that control.

She gave him an appreciative smile as he knelt in front of her. She would never tell him this but she had dreamt of him being here. Not for this purpose at all, but her head liked to run away with possibilities in her dreams. Either way, she knew it would not happen. Instead she chose to kneel down and lean into him, sitting on the floor with him. It wasn't the most comfy of perches but it was what they had right now. "Even if we can't be together, will you spend the rest of the week with me at night?" she asked him softly. She wasn't asking for intimacy or anything like that. She was simply asking for a friend and time. That was what she needed right now. Time. Time to make sure she had all of her emotions under control, time to make sure she was ready to meet her father, time to ensure she could come to terms with leaving her city forever, and time to make sure that she didn't hurt anyone with what she could now do.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627