Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Walkers (IC) (M) BlueMoon & Kiro Akira

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Blake frowned at her when she mocked his joke and shrugged. "Stupid humans never find things funny." He spoke to himself muttering it, but he was sure she could hear him. He didn't care either way tho, he was having fun and even if she wasn't she wouldn't let her ruin his fun. "Hey I eat other things too you know. Carrots or a nice apple is nice some time. I don't need it but it's still nice. Makes great in a pot roast you know."

When the girl placed half the chocolate bar on the ground and blinked moving towards it before picking it up dangling it in the air for a moment. "Ewwww! You got dirt on it." He said before laughing and took a bite of it before devouring the thing. It had been forever since he had eaten chocolate. With a half full mouth he shrugged at her. "Meh I have everything where I need it to be. I can be as human as I want, or as monstrous as I want. Win win for me." He spoke before swallowing the chocolate and gave a half chocolate smile. "It works both ways and it's fun."

Blake nodded when she offered him to come with her. It was true he really didn't need any protection, yet he was sure she did. "So what you're saying is, not that I'm craving company. But you're worried some of those ass wipes are still floating around and you need protection from them cause you wouldn't stand a chance. Right?" He said with a small laugh before hearing the rest of her statement. "Yea yea, you need protection for the night. Sure why not? Could be fun hanging around something aside from vampires for once."
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Raven shook her head and grimaced at his statement. "No...not right...I do not need your protection. I can handle myself pretty well...usually." She pulled her hoodie up onto her head and pulled the zipper up to her neck, wrapping her red scarf tight under her chin. She surveyed the area quickly, then stood still to listen for any unusual sounds. Satisfied that they were alone, she started moving deeper into the underbrush until she came upon a stretch of broken asphalt. There was a zigzag crack at one edge of the long-abandoned road and she turned at the spot and pushed her way through some overgrown bushes. Once on the other side she got on her hands and knees and pushed at the loose soil and leaves, her fingers grasping a buried metal handle which she pulled on with a groan. The ground appeared to open up, the hole below not reflecting any of the light from the star-riddled sky.

"In here," she said just above a whisper.

Putting her hand on the wall, Raven moved down the steps slowly, using her foot as a guide. She allowed her eyes to adjust to the darkness, knowing the hybrid would probably see better than her in the dim light.

"Do you need a light?" she asked quietly. There was a bare mattress on the floor, the surface pitted and torn, but considering it's age, it was relatively clean. A wooden table with three chairs sat in one corner. There was a smell of dampness and dirt, the floor covered with a layer of dust and debris from years of neglect. The only other useful item in the room was an oil lantern sitting in the middle of the table.

"Can you close the door behind you?" she asked as she made her way to the table. She sat facing the entrance, watching as he entered the space. It was one of her many "safe" houses...this one merely four walls with a low 2 x 8 ceiling. The house above it was abandoned and had crumbled to the ground years ago, the interior entrance no longer accessible.

Taking out a bottle of water she drank deeply, then set the half-full container before her. Narrowing her eyes, she stared at Blake openly, still not trusting him, but also not picking up on any threat. She still wasn't sure about his sanity, but he seemed harmless enough...unless you were to ask the three vamps...

She gave him a slight smile. "My name is Raven, by the way."
    Last edited by bluemoon; 09-07-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Blake shrugged at her words."I don't need no help blah blah blah." Mumbling in a mockery towards her statement before looking off at the sky. "Yea, usually but you tried to kill yourself. Explain how you can 'handle' yourself against three of those dudes, would've eaten your ass alive." He spoke before following her through the brush all the way to the street. "And we're left at a dead end. Nothing but op-" His words paused as he glanced down at her lifting a hatch. "Well.... Nevermind then."

The man followed her into the hole and shut the hatch behind him. "So uh, when you come down here. And hide and what not. What covers that hatch back up? Some automated thing or? Cause that spots kinda obvious now." He pointed back to the top of the hole they just entered while following her down. As they stepped, his pupils slowly grew in size to compensate for the lack of lighting. It was a mere moment before he could see it as if it was day, but it still held a grey haze over it in his vision.

"A light? Why would I nee- Oh riiiiight! You're blind as shit in this darkness aren't you?" He spoke before giving himself a laugh. He knew instantly she wouldn't be able to see but figured it'd be fun to tease the girl at the matter. He actually enjoyed humans. They were all so squishy and their bodies didn't adapt to the nature of things as easily. He was sure they were fascinating creatures.

As the two entered the room, he shut the door as asked and looked around the room before moving over to the lantern. He then stared at it for a moment before picking up a piece of rubble that had fallen from the wall and his blade. Next he pulled out a crumbled up piece of paper from his pocket and opened it up. On the paper was an old news article which he shrugged at. "Eh, article sucked." He spoke before placing it down. Using his blade and the stone, he sparked a small flame on the article before using it to light the oil lantern and turning the little knob on the side. He waited a moment before it caught on the lantern itself and shook out the paper throwing it to the side. "And god said let there be light." He spoke before focusing back on the girl who was sipping at water.

Giving her a soft smile he nodded. "Ah! So you do have a name! I knew it. I knew it all along. Raven. Sounds like a fancy name." He spoke before nodding in agreement, he then moved over to the bed and sat down feeling the springyness to it. "Bed sucks." He spoke before staring up at her. "As said before....I think I said it...." He thought for a moment before shrugging. "Eh doesn't matter. Blake. Name is Blake."

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

On the walk over Raven had mostly ignored Blake's banter, deciding it was better to be silent than to argue her point. Besides, if he liked to hear himself talk, then she'd let him. Even the mention of a light sent him on another round of pointing out her human disadvantages. As he lit the lantern, she blinked her eyes, squinting in the sudden brightness. She reached out and turned the knob which lowered the wick, essentially reducing the light it emitted in half.

She shook her head, then started removing her scarf and hoodie. "I can see fine in the dark, just not as well as you...or the vamps. As for the entrance, it doesn't cover itself back up. My only hope is to get through the bushes before I am spotted. I cover it back up when I leave...at least that way I'll know if someone...or thing...has been inside. It's not perfect, but nothing really is." She placed her removed items over the back of the chair and ran her fingers through her hair, pulling it forward over her shoulders when she was done. All the while she watched him, a bemused smile on her lips.

"You really are an odd one," she commented as he bounced on the bed. Seeing him there brought back other memories, old memories which she pushed aside before they could grip her. "..and yes, you already told me your name. Blake. If anyone has a fancy name, I would say it was you. Mine is after the bird...a carrion eater with a croaky song---nothing nice about it at all. But it suits me...with the black hair and all...don't you think?" She tilted her head to the side when she asked him, letting out a raspy "caw".

She allowed herself another smile, then leaned back in her chair and kicked her feet up on the table. "Not much to do here other than talk and since you seem to enjoy it, why don't you tell me about yourself. Or we could each say one thing each about ourselves until we grow bored."

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

He ignored her comment about the light figuring he'd just simply, leave it alone. But continued to do a small bounce up and down on the bed as if he were a young child and this was his new toy. A old, but springy bed. A few moments into the bouncing she spoke again with a whole thing on her name in which he could only nod before showing her his right wrist to her. On his forearm she could see a small black bird. It was similar to a raven but was a simple black bird. "I wanted an actual Raven but figured I'd just settle for something simple. Raven's my favorite bird you know?" He said with a soft smile and watched as she cocked her head to the side and let out a cawing noise. "Oh I get it! So you're part bird part human. All makes since now." He said and gave a few nods of realization. He then let out a gentle laugh and fell back on the bed with his arms out staring to the darkened ceiling. "And you call me the odd one? You're much more odd then me."

He laid there for what seemed like forever and was only a mere two minutes before she spoke again mentioning they could talk since he seemed to enjoy it. "Hey!" He said sitting up quickly. "Theres nothing wrong with someone who talks alot. It just means I'm a better vocalist then you." He said with a fake pout before cracking up in laughter. "One thing about each other until we get bored..... Right ummmmm. I'm a half breed?" He said questioningly before shrugging. "I'm bored....." After speaking again he let himself trail off before looking around the room. "Theres not much to talk about me really. I mean what do you want to know? I'm half breed, I'm like ancient compared to you, only a hundred something. My body just kinda stopped aging when I was 'killed' at my high school many many years ago. Got jumped by a group of kids and then one pulled a knife and stabbed me. Well.... It wasn't really my high school anymore seeing it was like a 5 year reunion and what not. But yea, a group of dudes who used to bully me back in school took me around back and jumped my ass." He paused for a minute thinking about his situation and how horrifyingly terrible it was. "Beat the ever living shit out of me until they stabbed me a few times with a knife."

As he finished the last bit he gave a few nods. "That's when they realized 'we done fucked up.' I laid there for like five minutes with them staring down at me, felt the blood drain from my face and what not. Soon enough.... BAM! My eyes opened again, and hell shit seemed so damn slow. They were laughing and congratulating each other saying 'we finally got him!' and shit like that you know? They wanted to do shit like this in high school but yea, I never gave them the chance. Beat the shit out of one of them before the other two jumped me then got stopped by the Principal and what not."

Blake paused and let everything he said sink in for a moment. "Shit I guess there is some things I can say about me. Huh... Who knew." He said with a small laugh and nod to go with it before speaking once more. "But yea, anyways. So I opened my eyes and laid there watching them in what seemed like a dazed state to me before one of them pointed out I opened my eyes. Shouting like crazy. 'He's still moving he's still moving! I thought you killed him! The fuck dude?' and stuff like that. They were really freaking out. Then one came over and kicked me in the side, I really didn't feel much of it. But yea, I stood up, apparently rather quickly cause they freaked out harder talking about how fast I had gotten up, but to me it just felt..... I don't know, slow and easy? They ganged up on me again, but this time I grabbed one kids wrist, snapped that shit in two instantly, broke the other ones leg. And nearly the neck of the third one. It happened so god damn fast I was surprised myself. And scared really. Freaked me the fuck out cause I had no idea what was going on and what not. Just know I was a lot stronger. Anyways, it was a long time from there and shit went down. Left the kids behind the building and they freaked the hell out. Me on the other hand? I split the fuck out of there and went into hiding. Worried I was going to get taken to jail or some shit."

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Raven stared at Blake with her mouth open, surprised and disturbed by the story he told her about his Becoming. She knew most hybrids were birthed into this world as infants, but there had been so many mutations over the past century that most things were possible now. His beginning was so brutal by fellow humans that she almost felt sorry for him...but she didn't allow herself that...he was still a hybrid with a taste for blood. It was only while telling his story that he did not seem amused. She had come to think of him as a smiling, laughing maniac, but now she understood some of that. He was old...and all that time spent as a hybrid was sure to make one a little unstable.

She nodded after he finished talking, rubbing her hands together as though cold. "I'm sorry...that sounds awful...what they did to you." She offered a small smile as she stood, unable to sit still any longer and walked close to the stairs, looking up. Once again she cocked her head as though listening, then turned away, looking at Blake on the bed.

"I'm not sure I can provide as interesting a story as you told. My life would seem boring to you I am sure, even though I am 'odd'. Hmmm?" She raised her eyebrow at him in a mocking way, then turned and walked around the room again. "I must admit, I never expected you to be so aged, like old enough to be my grand-papa plus some. You hardly look older than me...and I'm 24 or so. Don't really know...kinda started life over when I was 5...at least that's where my memories start. I guess that's the story I'll tell you...as it was told to me."

She stopped her pacing when she got close to the mattress and pushed her hair back to reveal an ugly scar on her neck. The scar was thick and ragged, the skin healed but imperfectly. "It's not as pretty as your bird, but it defines me. I got it from a crazed vamp that had killed my parents and was working on me until I was rescued by another kid...a teenager. He said the beast was gnawing me over like a pork chop---whatever that is...and he killed the vamp with an arrow to its black heart and saved me by feeding me its blood. He burned everything except for a picture of my parents which he gave to me. I don't remember them or the attack...only everything afterwards." She shrugged, then pulled her hair back over her shoulders.

"It's not as tragic as your death I'm afraid...mostly because I didn't die." She laughed lightly and sighed, slipping her hands into her pockets. She could feel a rusty key in one and a blue stone in the other--the smooth surface of the gem helping to relax her. Kicking at the debris beneath her shoes, she looked at him closely for a moment. "What does it feel like? To die, I mean."

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

He shrugged at her comment on how awful they had been to him. It was true they were terrible. But that had been almost a whole decade ago. "Eh, it is what it is. That was to long ago for me to care much less worry about." He gave a nod in agreement with himself thinking over the occasion once again. When she moved around the room he simply watched her curious as to what she was doing.

As Raven tilted her head he watched as if she was listening to the above area. Blake only glanced up with her and shrugged. "It's quiet up there." He spoke towards her as he motioned at the ceiling. He could hear the crickets chirping above them the rest was silent. He didn't care tho, he was fine either way. Even if someone else happened to find them, he could easily lop off their head.

When she mentioned the story she had he sat back and looked up shrugging while sticking his lip out. "Hey, humans always have a great story. Then on top of that they always have a fear of dying so it makes the story so much better. I'd love to meet up with a person who's like in their sixties and listen to them explain their entire life." He said with a grin and leaned against the wall before she began talking about his life again. "Well honestly, I'm technically only like twenty three. I stopped aging when...." He trailed off before motioning to himself. "Life took it's toll and well. Here I am."

His mind brought him back to his middle school days where his father made porkchops and he smiled at the thought of it and listened to her story. "Porkchops are a pig meat, they're really good. Should have some at one point." His eyes soon focused on the scar on her neck. He cringed at the sight but continued listening.

Blake gave a soft clap sounding almost as if it was a saddening one. "Well, it's an interesting story and who cares if you didn't die. It's a sad one and it must have really sucked. But what can you do yea?" With the finish of his statement he watched her kick the dust and perked hearing her question.

"Death? Well...." He responded and blinked thinking back to the situation. "Well..... Hm. For me? It fucking hurt. Like a bitch. Being stabbed is painful as fuck. Surely you would know seeing you get blood drained. Just imagine like a beast clawing your chest multiple times. The blood slowly oozing from your body as it goes cold. While this happens, the entire sky you're looking at slowly seems to just fade into an inky like blackness before your eyes close for good."

Blake had only assumed it was a good explanation before sighing. "That was when I found out I was a half breed. Only needed to feast on blood if I really want to and to gain the abilities of said vampire thing. Other then that I can go a month or so without it. Sucks ass really I feel really drained. Yet this blood stuff makes me feel energized and full of so much power. I'm really strong then and what not. As you can tell, I dropped those vamps in a few moments really. When I'm not fueled on blood I'm squishy like you." He said with a laugh and grinned softly. "But yea, I didn't have a mom and when I first met another half breed like me they explained some process on how my mom was infected just before giving birth and what not. Then well, here I am. Dad took care of me as best as he could and the rest is I guess history."
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 09-13-2018 at 12:56 PM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Raven took in a deep hissing breath and then let it out after listening to the hybrid's description of death. She wasn't brave enough to say she was not afraid of death, but she was more afraid of becoming a blood-sucking parasite. And while she was no stranger to pain, she wasn't sure if anything that she remembered resembled anything akin to a beast ripping into her chest. Having a vamp draw from you was painful, but many of them used their ability to hypnotize to lessen the effect--it helped to keep the victim from struggling and ruining their meal.

As Blake began to explain his need for blood, she narrowed her eyes then looked away. She couldn't begin to understand this part of him. She found it repulsive, but also understood the effects blood could have on a person. She was not above drinking a small quantity of vamp blood to help with healing or just to elevate her senses and mood. But it was the difference between having a piece of chocolate and eating a whole bag.

She sighed, then shrugged. "I am not squishy," she murmured under her breath, after he finished talking. In truth, she barely had any fat on her, only eating enough to get by so the others of her group could also have some food. It was a trying time and nourishment was hard to come by. It was the main reason why she started donating.

Shifting from one foot to the other, Raven looked around the small basement then shifted her gaze to the stairs once again. "I'm going to go outside...just for some air. It's a bit stuffy in here," she said suddenly, following through with her decision and heading for the steps. She looked over her shoulder to see if he was following, wondering if he felt obligated to continue "protecting" her. She pulled out her knife and carried it casually as she reached for the door. There were no sounds coming from above as she pushed it open, not even the sounds of the benign night creatures...insects, rabbits, owls. That could mean only one thing...there was someone, or something, about.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"Good I'll follow, it's small and cramped in here anyways." Blake said as he followed the girl as she moved towards the top poking at her side a bit when she passed him. "Sure as hell feel squishy." He spoke with a small laughing grin. While the girl did feel rather small for her size, he didn't really care either way. Humans all felt squishy to him whether or not they wanted to admit it. He could easily crush one especially one her size.

Upon reaching the surface, he sniffed the area and shook his head cringing a bit. "Smells like ass out here." He said as he blew his nose, covering one nostril and simply blowing through it sending a small section of snot onto the ground. It was a nasty sight for anyone else but once again he was in an uncaring mood. He did it with the other nostril and then looked about frowning. "Something is around here and it smells like shit. Keep a look out would you and, just I don't know? Scream or something like that." He said with a nod. He really didn't know what to tell the woman but if she was attacked by another Vamp she'd likely need his help. And if she didn't he'd love to watch the show of a human beating the shit out of a vamp. He'd seen it once or twice but that was about it, and the human still usually died.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Raven was looking at the hybrid with a mixture of surprise and revulsion as he cleared his nose in the worst possible way. She actually gagged a little before turning away with disgust, shaking her head at his display. Pig, she thought, then grunted at his suggestion to scream in case she was in trouble. "Yeah, I'll just yell out 'help'...not a chance." She moved deeper into the shadows, away from Blake and the smell he had mentioned. It had reminded her of unwashed bodies, more than 'shit', but neither were pleasant. She had heard that beastly vamps could smell that way. They were vicious creatures that only cared about hunting and destroying their prey. She doubted they spent much time bathing. She shuddered at the thought and unconsciously rubbed at her neck as she walked.

Once upon a time this area had been a subdivision and a few foundations could still be made out amongst the rubble. There was little to show what type of homes had been here, but Raven liked to pretend they had been grand estates filled with carefree families and their belongings. She grew up without a real family, with only her rescuer Rowan to guide and teach her, and she wondered what life would have been like in the 'olden' days...with a mother and father...and maybe some siblings. Kicking at some crumbling bricks, she sighed then moved beside a makeshift shed. It was a newer structure made from the scraps around her. She had seen it before, but never ventured close enough to need to worry. It was currently vacant, but the smell she and Blake had detected was also present inside it to a lesser degree. Was it possible someone lived here? Or died here? She cared only enough to explore it in daylight, when it was safer. For now she continued moving through the crumbling architecture, working her way to the other side, where rocky cliffs jutted out into the landscape. It was here that she had been heading when the vamps...and Blake...had been chasing her. To a narrow passageway through the boulders where a trap could be set. She had no intention of doing so now, but there was a ledge nestled inside where she often sat. It was a perfect lookout and the stars always seemed closer from up there. Without further pause, she slipped through the gap and climbed up the rocks as easily as a mountain goat--the hand holds and foot holds as familiar as her own face.

Once on the higher mount, Raven could see the area below more clearly. She picked out Blake easily even with the shadows, but it was the one behind him that was of concern. Something was tracking him and it wasn't human...or vamp. At least not any type of vamp that she was aware of. She considered yelling down to him but figured with his heightened senses he didn't need her warning. Plus, it would only make her seem like a damsel in distress...and that was the last thing she wanted. Instead, she watched closely, curious as to how the hybrid would handle himself. ...and if he got hurt or killed, well, that would be just one less nuisance in her little world to worry about.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast