Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/IC] Under an Iron Moon (Midori and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"I wouldn't worry about it too much. I dare say that an injury like this is a little more of a priority" Celia answered rather simply, a more genuine smile turning up the corners of her mouth now. At the mention of his wound again, the human quickly glanced down at the bandages where she was pressing her hands into his chest. The torn strips of her dress were more or less entirely soaked through with Rowan's blood now, and a fair amount had managed to get onto her hands. Thankfully it appeared that the vast majority of the bleeding had stopped, which was certainly a good sign. Her gaze quickly drifted up to meet his again when Rowan offered his thanks, and Celia quickly found herself blushing.

"Think nothing of it. I'm sure that anyone would have done the same, had they been in my shoes" she offered dismissively, trying to brush his thanks aside. Unfortunately, Rowan had assumed correctly; Celia's knowledge of the fae was limited at best, and she hadn't directly connected them with the 'visions' that plagued her. Despite that, she didn't go so far as to brush off his offer of a favour. To do so would have been incredibly rude, and...well, someone in her sort of situation needed whatever help they could get. She knew very little about this strange man, but if he really was something from one of her visions, then who knew just what exactly he was capable of?

"If anything, I wish that I could do more. Find something to patch you up properly, or prevent it from getting infected" Celia offered. This time she really would take a few moments to glance around, as if searching for something. Her efforts were fruitless, however, and she came up empty handed. "I can't do much more with what we have on hand, though, and I doubt we'll find anything else useful in a place like this"

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I'm not so sure..." He mused quietly, eyeing up the young woman once again. Truth be told, it was perhaps the first time he'd ever interacted with a human this close before. Judging by her style of dress, he assumed she was of high status, or at least higher than most. His eyes wandered over her golden hair, catching the scent of floral soap with her leaning in so close. Rowan then noticed the flush of her cheeks, curious about her reaction. Not to say that the Fae were emotionless, but human emotions were so much forthright and complex. Perhaps that's why the Fae enjoyed toying with them so much? Even Rowan found himself curious, wanting to see what other emotions Celia was capable of.

"There is no need... Now that the arrow is gone, it will heal quickly." He told her, shifting a little to sit up a little straighter. He grunted softly, tensing a little with the pain, but let out a sigh as his body relaxed again. However, he could feel his strength starting to return already, if only a little. After a few hours, he was confident he'd be on his feet again.

It still surprised Rowan that a human could be so kind and willing to help, especially a being such as himself. He saw the human race as selfish and needy, thinking only of themselves and what benefited them. He, himself, hated asking for help and as any other Fae, he especially hated the idea of being indebted to anyone. But here he found himself relying on a human woman. "Do you know the white willow tree?" He asked quietly, meeting her eyes again. The stars were starting to fill the darkening sky now, so there wasn't much time. However, the moon was nearly full and it's light was perhaps bright enough for even a human to see through the forest. "If you could bring me some bark of the white willow, it might help with the pain at least."

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia's eyes narrowed as her new friend insisted that the chest wound would heal quickly, now that the arrow had been removed. Just what was he, to claim such a thing? For any regular human, an arrow to the chest was hardly something that could be shrugged off. Even she knew that such a thing could prove fatal hours or even days after the injury itself was inflicted, without proper medical care, due to the internal trauma that it had likely caused. There was little doubt that there was something supernatural about Rowan at this point, but such resilience was impressive regardless. If there was any doubt in her mind about the truth behind his words, Celia would have insisted on proper medical attention. As it was, his confidence just...didn't make it seem necessary.

"White willow tree. Yes, I know it. I'll be back as fast as I can" she answered hastily. Reaching out, she grabbed his wrist gently, before pressing his hand into the same lump of bandages that she had spent the last few moments putting pressure on. "Just press down on this as much as you can until I get back" she offered rather simply. It was probably pointless to tell the man - there was no way he didn't know that much himself. Still, telling him that made her feel better about having to leave.

Celia beat a hasty retreat then, quickly pushing herself to her feet before moving off. She moved in the opposite direction to her home, stumbling further into the forest. It was well and truly dark now, but the moonlight was enough to provide some level of illumination. The muted colours meant that she had to get rather close to most trees to judge their colour, however. After a few minutes of fruitless wandering, spent picking directions mostly at random, it finally occurred to her that she needed to be concerned about getting lost. Almost immediately she turned back the way she had come - or thought she had come - and found that she didn't recognise any of the scenery. Panic immediately flared to life in her chest, concern for both herself and Rowan building. What would happen if she found herself stuck out here alone, and couldn't assist him any further.

"H...hello?" she called out, hoping to attract some sort of attention. Her voice felt soft and inconsequential when compared with the vast empty darkness of the empty forest, which seemed to press much closer now that she was alone.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rowan nodded a thanks, though the young woman caught him off guard as she grabbed him suddenly. Though he quickly caught on and simply nodded once more. For a moment he wondered if she would actually return, or perhaps she might take her chance to run off. But everything he'd seen of her thus far told him that she would keep her word. Rowan closed his eyes then, having nothing to do but wait for her return.

Silence met her call, and yet it still caught the attention of one. A few moments later, a ball of glowing, white light danced in the distance. It moved unlike any natural creature, darting warily between the trees, before it moved to circle her curiously. "Pretty girl..." A high, airy voice echoed. However, as the light neared, hovering around her, Celia could see that the being actually had form.

Up close, it resembled a wiry little person, with the soft powdery wings of a white moth. It appeared to be female, with a little tuft of white hair, puffed out like the seeds of a dandelion from her head. Her entirety of her eyes were a deep, slate blue, with no pupil or sclera that could be seen. "Pretty girl... is lost?" The tiny creature said aloud, fluttering around her.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia bit on her lower lip gently as she looked around the darkened forest, quickly turning her head back and forth. Her eyes darted from side to side rapidly, seeking anything that looked even remotely familiar. Of course, all her efforts quickly proved to be in vain, both the darkness and the repetitive landscape conspiring to thwart her attempts. Able to feel worry rising in her chest, she tried to force herself to breathe deeply, whilst considering her options. Was it better to try and find her way herself, and hope that she was lucky, or wait until her father sent one of their wait staff out to try and find her?

She practically jumped out of her skin at the unfamiliar voice that suddenly reached her ears, both higher and closer than it had any right to be. A quick glance around revealed the source almost immediately, and Celia's eyes bulged when she saw it. She had known that there was something strange about Rowan, but this was something else entirely. For a second she couldn't help but wonder - were these things actually real, or had her visions grown so realistic that she could no longer distinguish them from reality? Frankly, she wasn't certain which answer would be more concerning.

"You're...a fairy?" Celia muttered softly, disbelief clear in both her tone and her expression. She was lost in the forest at night, had just spent a good deal of time tending to a stranger with an arrow wound, and was now conversing with a fairy that apparently thought she was pretty. Under any other circumstances, she might have found the compliment extremely pleasing. As it was, the woman made an effort to push thoughts of insanity aside, in favour of an attempt at escaping her current predicament. "Ah...yes, I'm afraid so. I need to find a white willow tree, but I lost my friend while looking around. Have you seen anyone else out here, by any chance?"

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The small pixie seemed to be just as surprised as she did, shying back from her just for a moment. "Ah! You can see me, can you?!" She said in surprise, though her expression changed to one of excitement. The creature giggle with glee, showing off a set of rather sharp looking teeth. "How wonderful! You can see me!" The pixie danced around her for a quick moment. Finally she seemed to catch Celia's question and paused to land on her shoulder, enticed by her golden hair. Her touch was so light, it was barely noticable. "Yes... that is one of our many names." She confirmed.

"A willow tree?" The little creature tilted her head, her tuft of hair flopping with the movement. "Yes, yes, I know it... This way~" She sang, quickly abandoning the braid she'd been weaving in Celia's hair to take to the air again. She started off, weaving through the trees, though not so fast that Celia couldn't follow. "No, I have not seen anyone, except for a pretty girl with the Sight."

The pixie continued to lead her through the forest for a short distance until they came to a grand white willow tree. One might wonder if this tree had always been here, or if it had just had appeared here after sundown. Or perhaps it was just that everything looked so different at night. "Do you plan to meet your friend here?" The pixie asked before she grinned, sitting on one of the lower branches. "Or is this 'friend' really your lover?" She giggled gleefully, the sound like bells ringing softly. "Many lovers seek refuge in the forest. Some have even promised to meet under this very tree. So romantic~" The pixie sighed, putting a hand to her cheek wistfully.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia watched the pixie with an expression akin to awe as she watched the little pixie dart this way and that, before finally landing atop her shoulder. She was incredibly light, her size fully indicative of her weight. That, however, was far from the point. She could feel the pixie's touch, just as certainly as she had felt Rowan's flesh and blood beneath her hands. A possible sign that she wasn't merely hallucinating, perhaps? It was a slim hope, but one that she clung to nonetheless. Knowledge that creatures such as these truly existed seemed preferable to acknowledging her own lunacy, acknowledging that everything her family had done to her was justified.

She followed eagerly as the pixie took off, choosing to take the hint and lead Celia towards the very tree that she had been seeking. Celia followed at a decent speed, grateful for the pixie's thoughtfulness. Throughout the trip, however, she largely remained silent, mind playing over what the pixie had just said to her. Two words in particular seemed to stick out, drawing her attention like a moth was drawn to flame.

The sight

What was it about those words that seemed to strike a chord within her?

Once they arrived, she stepped up to the large tree standing before her immediately. The white willow was easily distinguishable, the unique shape of its leaves a dead giveaway. Even as she listened to the pixie speak, Celia reached up to the trunk, fingernails digging at its bark. The first few chunks she managed to pull away were small and crumbly, meaning they would be of little use. After several attempts, however, she managed to pry free a strip that seemed large enough to be of some legitimate use.

"No, no. We're much too new to one another for that" she answered her little fairy friend, a wry smile flickering across her features even as a subtle redness crept into her cheeks. "He asked him that I bring some bark to him when the two of us meet. Now that night has fallen, though, I fear that tracking him down will prove somewhat difficult. I don't want to get lost out here, in the dark" she offered, turning her gaze back to the pixie again. Could this little winged being perhaps be coaxed into aiding her yet again?

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"That hardly matters~" The little pixie cooed. "Haven't you heard of love at first sight?" The little creature floated up onto her feet, walking nimbly along the thinnest of branches, making only a slight bend in the fragile limb with her weight. The pixie seemed all too aware of the warm tint on the fair lady's cheeks. Suddenly the pixie leap down, dangling from a leaf and swinging playfully before she looked over at Celia again, grinning again with her sharp teeth. "Oh no, you don't want to get lost in the Wylds at night. No, that's for certain."

Hearing the promise of a bargain on the young woman's lips, the pixie would take to the air and hover over to her, landing lightly on Celia's shoulder once again. "Perhaps I could be so inclined to help the lovely lady to find her gentleman? If the lady... has something offer, of course?" The pixie cocked her head curiously, her little fluff of hair swaying with the movement. "After all, you can't get something for nothing~"

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia said nothing when the pixie continued to coo about love at first sight. Judging by the heat she could feel radiating from her cheeks, she didn't need to. There was no denying that Rowan was an attractive man - she had scarcely failed to notice that, whilst tending to the wound on his chest. Even beyond his physical stature, both his voice and eyes seemed...otherworldly, drawing her in in a way that she hadn't really experienced before. Of course, she wasn't so shallow as to fall for someone based on looks alone, and there were other obstacles to that sort of thing. However, that wasn't something the woman wished to dwell on now.

She perked up slightly at the mention of aid, with a cost. What could the pixie possibly ask of her? Just about anything would be preferable to leaving Rowan out there alone, in her mind at the very least.

"I'm...not sure. What sort of thing would you like? I could give you some of my jewellery" she offered, twisting her head a fraction to try and watch the pixie out of the corner of her eye. She toyed with the strip of bark she had managed to gather whilst she waited for an answer, whilst pondering other potential ideas should that one not be to the pixie's taste. She couldn't afford to waste time now.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Jewelry~" The little pixie repeated with enthusiasm. However, after a moment of thought, the pixie's mind seemed fixed on the previous conversation. Tapping a finger to her delicate lips, they suddenly curved into a wicked smile. "I know what will bring me great joy..." The pixie cooed suddenly, taking to the air to float before Celia at eye level. The little creature gazed down at the maiden's lovely pink lips and her devlish grin only widened. "A kiss! That will be good enough..." She said, flying ahead slightly. "I will take you to the one you seek, in exchange for a kiss! Though not for my lips... " She corrected before the mortal could jump to that conclusion. "Is it a deal?" She asked eagerly, her hands clasped together while she waited for Celia's answer.

Meanwhile, Rowan opened his eyes. He wondered if perhaps he was wrong, and the young woman had made a run for it. He sighed. If that were the case, he at least felt confident that he would be well enough by sunrise to make it home. However, a dark thought crossed his mind and he wondered if something could have happened to the girl. But then, why should he care? Mortals were so fragile... But she had helped him, saved his life even. And she had wandered off only to aid him further. He owed her once again. With a soft grunt he moved to sit upright, cringing slightly. At least the blood had stopped flowing. Blood..., He thought suddenly. There was no scent of blood on the wind which gave him hope that the girl was in no real peril.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast