Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/IC] Under an Iron Moon (Midori and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia pursed her lips briefly when the pixie she had run into put forth her request, begging a kiss in exchange for her assistance. One destined not for her lips, either, but someone else. She hadn't said it outright, but the implication behind her suggestion was crystal clear. Celia mulled it over for a few brief moments, but in the end the decision was a simple one. What was the embarrassment of a little forwardness compared to someone potentially losing their life? Gathering her courage, she gave the pixie a resolute nod.

"Very well, then. A kiss for your help." Celia answered. Seemingly unaware of the exact weight words like those held when dealing with the fae, and the binding nature of their promises, she once again cast her gaze out towards the forest that surrounded them. The silhouettes of grouped trees proved as impenetrable as before, not that she could really have expected anything else. "Just hurry, please. He's been hurt, and I need to get back to him as quickly as possible. If anything happens to him then neither of us will be able to get what we want" she goaded, hoping to spur the pixie into immediate action.

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Wonderful! Yes, Wonderful!" The little pixie sang, giving an excited twirl in the air. The was a mischeivous glint in her beady little eyes, grinning from ear to ear. "Yes, we'll hurry. Quickly, follow me~" The pixie took off for the trees. At first she swayed left and right, seemingly trying to pick up on a 'scent'. Then, for a quick moment, she stopped in front of a lone tree. There was a brief pause as the pixie laid her hand on the tree's windy trunk, her tiny lips moving. But if she spoke out loud, it was much too soft to be heard by a mortal.

Then just a moment later, the pixie took off again, this time her movement was much more direct. "This way, pretty girl!" She called, weaving through the trees just slow enough so that Celia could manage to keep up. It was only a few minutes of the quick pace until they would return to the spot where Celia had left Rowan waiting.

He sat as still as the tree he was beneath, trying to keep his focus off the pain. It wasn't until he heard the woman's light foot steps that he opened his eyes again. Rowan could see her then, a faint smiling tugging at the corner of his lips. "I was beginning to think you would not return..." He spoke quietly. However, upon seeing the little pixie leading her, his small smile quickly turned into a frown. "Ugh, how unfortunate. What are you doing here, you little imp..." He grumbled. The pixie suddenly darted away to plop down on a branch. "... A knight of Autumn." The little creature squeaked out in surprise. Clearly that was not what she had been expecting, and yet it made her deal with Celia all the more interesting. The pixie was nearly beside herself in glee.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia followed along urgently as her new pixie friend took off in search of Rowan, hurrying through the dark forest as quickly as she was able. The human remained totally ignorant to the methods that her guide was using to track the wounded knight down, inexperienced in the ways of fae magic as she was. Truth be told, Celia was simply happy to be moving again. Now that her initial objective was completed, she was eager to be reunited with the wounded Rowan as quickly as possible.

When the pixie succeeded in finding the wounded Autumn knight, Celia quickly rushed to his side, quickly dropping to her knees alongside his prone form. She quickly pressed the strip of bark that Rowan had requested into one of his hands, before turning her attention to his wound once more. She spared a brief glance for the man's face as he spoke, and another for the pixie when he mentioned her.

"I got a little bit lost trying to find my way through the forest. She helped me find you again" she offered as she examined the makeshift bandages, which were now largely soaked through with blood. "Do the two of you know each other or something?" she asked. A seemingly innocent question, from a person who didn't know the significance of the term 'Autumn knight'. Whilst she waited for an answer, Celia hesitantly lifted the corner of her bandages, seeking a glimpse at the wound beneath. Hopefully it had not worsened in her time away, and she had no idea if a wound this big would clot or anything of the sort, given how limited her medical knowledge really was. Hopefully a brief glimpse would provide her with some level of insight, without making things considerably worse.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rowan's attention was pulled away from the intruding pixie when Celia came rushing over to him. He looked at the bark in his hand, pleased to find that it was what he'd been looking for. She was quite the resourceful human after all. With a grimace, Rowan bit down on the piece of bark, struggling for a moment to rip off a piece, and then began to grind on it with his teeth. It was about as pleasant as it appeared, but it was the fastest way for the medicine of the tree to get into his system.

"Is that so? Out of the goodness of her heart, I'm sure." He muttered between his chewing, peeking up at the little pixie was studying them with great interest. "No, we don't-" He said bluntly before he sucked in a breath, turning his gaze to Celia's hands as she peeled up the bandages. But no sound left him and there was nothing on his face to give away if he was still in pain or not. Surprisingly though, there was very little blood flow now compared to what it was just before she'd left him.

Rowan looked to her face then, studying her expression curiously. Before he was suddenly aware once again of the little faery's presense. "Well you've done your task... You'd do well to be on your way now." The little pixie giggled, shaking her head tauntingly before floating over to a branch near Celia. "Not until I've gotten my payment, Knight..." The pixie then flashed as smirk at Celia. "But I am a patient one. I can wait." The little creature said before humming a gleeful tune to herself that sounded like little bells ringing. Hearing that Rowan's eyes widened and he looked to Celia sharply, with a stern yet almost concerned look in his golden gaze. "What have you bargained?" He asked stiffly, an edge to his low voice.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

A small glimpse at the edges of Rowan’s wound proved more than enough for Celia. Relief flooded across her features, plain as day, when it quickly became evident that the wound was doing well. Better than it had any right to be, if she was any judge of such things. Still, it was early in the healing process yet, and there were plenty of other things that could potentially go wrong. For the time being she was content to simply thank their lucky stars, not look a gift horse in the mouth, and push the thought aside - all without stopping to question why exactly that might be the case.

She threw a pointed glance in the direction of the pixie when the topic of her repayment came up, followed by another look at Rowan when he spoke. The firm tone of his voice made her hesitate, just for a moment. She had only done what she deemed necessary to help him. What could possibly be wrong with that? If anything, he should have been grateful.

“A kiss, to be planted on the lips of someone other than herself” Celia answered, doing her best to maintain some level of composure. Turning her attention back to the bandages, she lowered them back into place again, before turning her attention to Rowan himself good and proper. “She didn’t specify a time, or who it was meant to be for. Only...implied” the girl hastily added after a moment, able to feel the colour creeping back into her cheeks again. Not for the first time, the girl cursed herself for always blushing so easily.

“It seemed a small enough price to pay, given the circumstances. And like she said, she’s patient. There’s no rush”

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He was tense as the girl hesitated to answer his question. Perhaps he should have considered what other sorts of creatures she might run into... that might try to lure her to her demise. He wasn't sure why the thought bothered him so much. She was just a mortal woman, like any other that had been lured by his kin countless times before. But then he remembered the way she'd come running to his aid, not once, but twice this evening. But she was also naive...

His eyes widened for a moment at her reply, before his body suddenly relaxed again, slumping back against the tree trunk. He seemed almost relieved to hear it. "I see. Of course... A simple request for such a simple creature." He sighed, his golden eyes dropping back down to watch Celia's hands reapply the cloth to his wound. The pixie seemed to take offense to that with the way she suddenly hissed at him, her sharp teeth bared. Rowan ignored her as if she were nothing more than an irritating insect buzzing in his ear. Instead he looked to her face again, lifting a hand to lightly cup her chin and draw her in to meet his gaze. He noted the color warming her fair cheeks but didn't comment on what it might mean. "You must be more cautious when making bargains with the fae. Your words will bind you... so choose them wisely. Or you might regret it dearly." He warned her, his voice stern once again.

"The pixie might be harmless enough... but others might not be so kind with their demands. They are masters at manipulating words and they are determined to trap you with them. Don't ever forget that." Rowan held her gaze for a moment longer before he dropped his hand away from her face. He was sure more questions would follow, now that he'd confirmed that the girl had the Sight, but for now he returned to chewing on the bitter bark. It was working to ease his pain, thankfully. The pixie on the other hand, pouted as it seemed the girl was not going to give in to her desires so easily. But like she said, she would gladly wait with baited breath until Celia finally fulfilled her end of the bargain. Her intuition told her there would be more entertainment to come if she hung around this human girl with the Sight.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Celia froze on the spot when Rowan reached up to cup her cheek gently, and flinched when his fingers brushed against her skin. Her muscles were tensed, like an animal on the verge of fleeing. After a few seconds the human woman took a deep, shaky breath, forcing herself to relax. She wasn't with her family here - there was no need to be so jumpy, so afraid. Almost immediately, she scolded herself for acting so foolishly. Her demeanour changed quickly when Rowan began to talk of the fae, however, her eyes widening just a little. If what he said was true, then...

"The fae...that's what you are. That's what she is" the girl answered, her words punctuated with a brief glance towards the pixie. If the two of them were really here, and not just another delusion, then Celia finally had the proof she had spent her whole life searching for. She brought a hand up and laid it over his own, letting her eyes drift closed. Finally, a moment of peace, not plagued by constant self-doubt.

"I'm not crazy"

A few whispered words that brought with them an immense amount of relief. Celia was almost surprised to feel tears pricking at the corners of her eyes, threatening to spill forth. After a few seconds spent exalting in this information, she finally seemed to compose herself, dropping her hand and opening her eyes.

"Thank you. I don't think I can properly express how much this means to me"

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rowan sat still as the woman called him by one of their many names, wondering what she would do now that she knew. He recalled the way she had shied at his touch, her breaths trembling. "Are you afraid-" He spoke, but suddenly he broke off, his breath leaving him as the girl placed her hand over his. His golden eyes widened just slightly, once more taken aback by her actions. Rowan's expression then changed from surprise to a mixture of perplexed curiosity. She thought she was crazy... or had thought so, at least.

But then it suddenly all made sense to him. Mortals didn't easily accept those with the Sight, and from what little she had told him about her family and the sight of her tear stained face, she'd likely suffered for her ability to see the other realm. They thought she was crazy, and had likely told her so, because of their own inability to see that there was more to the world around them.

"No, you are not." He spoke even more softly than she had. He watched the way her demeanor suddenly shifted, reflecting the now peaceful expression on her lovely face. Her soft blue eyes were glassy as she opened them, filled with tears, and for a moment Rowan hoped they would spill so that he might get to witness it. As Celia dropped her hand away, Rowan's followed, resting it at his side.

"Perhaps. Though I can venture a guess." He said simply. Would she leave it at that, or would there be a sudden onslaught of questions? Rowan simply couldn't know with this woman, and that stirred a deep curiosity inside him. Most mortals bored him with their shallowness and predictability. But not Celia...

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Unsurprisingly, the knowledge that she wasn't actually insane proved a great comfort to Celia. Knowing for certain that everything she had seen this day - and every other day before - was a great weight off her shoulders. That the retribution her family inflicted upon her was undue, and the scorn she felt towards them was, conversely, entirely justified. The human woman allowed herself a few moments to simply enjoy her new peace of mind, before finally taking a deep breath and forcing herself to calm. She withdrew her hand from Rowan's own, only to reach for her eyes, and rub away the tears that were still threatening to spill over.

"I suppose that explains a great deal. How you can stay so calm when injured so badly. Why you'd be dressed in armour in a place like this. Why you look so..." she trailed off, a wry smile flickering across her features. Celia paused for a moment then, sniffling idly and glancing about the clearing as she tried to organise her thoughts.

Alas, it seems that fate was against Celia ever getting the chance. For it was at that moment that a loud cry split the air; still somewhat distant, but near enough to prove properly audible.

"Lady Bowden! Celia! Can you hear me?"

The girl hesitated when the unfamiliar voice reached her ears, before slowly rising to her full height. Her gaze was set in the direction that the sound was coming from, searching out the source. The woman recognised the owner, of course. It wasn't a member of her immediate family, but one of her father's servants. After a moment Celia glanced back down at the injured knight, caught in a moment of indecision. There would be hell to pay when she eventually did return to her family's estate, especially considering what she had done to her dress. She had to go back sooner or later, though. Celia had not the knowledge or practical skills to survive on her own, and there was nowhere else for her to go.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rowan watched the girl wipe away her tears, almost disappointed that he would not get to see them. However, when she spoke again, Rowan's gaze focused on the soft blue of her eyes. He listened, suddenly curious of what Celia was about to say. He wondered how he looked in her eyes, what that little smile tugging at her lips meant. Though as he opened his mouth to ask her to continue that thought, a voice rang out, surprising them both.

His golden eyes searched the trees before they returned to the girl, watching her rise. "Do you know this person?" He asked warily, sensing her hesitation. His hand moved to the hilt of the blade at his hip. But they knew her name so she must know them on some level, he thought. Celia then met his gaze and the expression he saw in them was the urge to flee. Rowan grunted as he moved to stand.

"Tell me, is it friend or foe?" He asked in a hushed tone, gritting his teeth as he got up to feet to take a stance. A human would be easily dealt with, even in his state. But only if Celia wished him to. He supposed he owed her that much at least. Or perhaps she was hesitant for another reason... "They will not be able to see me, if that is what worries you." He told her, leaning up against the large tree trunk as he waited.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast