Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [M/IC] Under an Iron Moon (Midori and Naming)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It was almost as if the more she moved away from the portal, the more things changed. That, or the plant life here was subtly shifting and changing before Celia's eyes. Whatever the case may be, the world around her seemed to become more and more phantasmal as she moved away from the portal, under the prelude of searching for her knight. Still, she found herself becoming more and more distracted by the changing scenery as she moved, until all thoughts of her search - and a time constraint - had been pushed to the back of her mind.

Even if she had been totally focused, Celia likely wouldn't have seen the knight, now that he had dedicated himself to hiding. When he lunged out and caught her by the wrist, the girl practically jumped out of her skin, letting out a soft cry of alarm. Memories of her family and their punishments immediately ran through her mind, and the knight's grip suddenly felt like a ring of fire around her wrist. Her breath came in short, ragged gasps, and Celia could feel her pulse racing, pounding in her ears and chest both. Almost on reflex, she reached out and grabbed his arm with her free hand, before tugging and pulling desperately, trying to get away. Her efforts quickly proved to be fruitless, though, given Rowan's strength.

After a few seconds Celia seemed to realise where she actually was, and calmed a little. She stopped fighting back against Rowan so much, and instead glanced up at him. She didn't expect the sheer anger in his eyes, the force with which he spoke, and flinched slightly. With her gaze fixated upon his face, she remained unaware of the fact that the gateway had already vanished.

"I'm sorry! I just...wanted to see you again. One last time, before you had to go. To see for myself that you were okay, after the state I found you in yesterday, and to thank you for the gifts" she muttered softly. When had she started crying? Celia wasn't quite sure. Not the ugly, heaving sobs one might expect, though. Just a few solitary tears, rolling down her cheeks. When she spoke again, her voice was softer still, barely more than a whisper.

"You're the first sign I've ever received that I'm not crazy. I couldn't just let you walk away"

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Celia's words made the anger in his eyes faulter for a brief moment. She wanted to see him again? He supposed he shouldn't be too surprised. While most humans shied away from the supernatural, it wasn't every night that someone had a run in with the Fae. But still, the earnest tone in her voice made him pause and wonder if it was something more. His grip softened slightly and suddenly Rowan sucked in a breath at the sight of the girl's tears.

Slowly Rowan released his grip from her wrist completely and instead brought his hand near her cheek. Tentatively, he brushed one glistening tear from her warm cheek, catching it on his knuckle with a look of wonder. Rowan examined the tiny droplet on the edge of his finger for a moment, before lifting his gaze to meet Celia's glassy blue eyes. In that moment he wondered if he'd ever seen anything as stunning. But the reality of thier predicament drew him back to his senses and he dropped his hand away, which slowly curled into a fist.

"You don't know what you've done. You humans... blindly waltzing into Faery, like a moth becoming ensnared in a spider's web. You don't even know you're trapped until it's too late." He said darkly with a deep frown. Perhaps some humans could find thier way out on thier own, but the chances of doing so unharmed were slim. But then so were the chances of finding a way out at all. And a mortal like Celia... Well, she should count her blessings that it was he who found her first. "You have to leave here... right away." He said, though he had no idea how she would do that. Rowan turned sharply, noticing the pixie was still there and quickly realizing that this was likely her doing. "You... You brought her here, now you take her back. Immediately!" The pixie flinched and ducked behind a young tree with powder pink blossoms. "I couldn't possibly~" The pixie said sheepishly. "And besides, the girl came all this way to see you, and you send her off so soon?"

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Celia withdrew her wrist when the knight finally released it, using her free hand to massage where his fingers had dug into her skin gently. She tensed up briefly when he brushed her cheek, turning her attention back to Rowan good and proper. Totally oblivious to the scrutiny she was under - or the exact nature of it, at the very least - she met the knight's eye, trying to discern something of his thoughts. The scowl on his face seemed as illegible to Celia as any fae text might have been, however, providing her with virtually no insight. As soon as he spoke, however, his words made his opinion of the situation abundantly clear.

"...trapped?"

She spoke softy, but the word was heavy on her tongue, and Celia's expression quickly darkened as the implications of what he suggested sunk in. Whilst her life was hardly the most pleasant and enjoyable, the idea of being trapped in a foreign world with no way to return was hardly a comforting one. Whilst Rowan suggested that she was stuck here, however, the words he spoke to the pixie seemed to suggest otherwise. Despite the argument, some part of her mind registered just how eager Rowan seemed to be to get rid of her, too. Did he really see her presence here as such a bad thing? A thought for another time, when there were wasn't another, more urgent topic hanging over her head.

"What do you mean, trapped? I'll be able to get back, won't I?" she questioned, her voice soft. A hint of concern had started to creep into her voice, betraying the worry building beneath the surface. She glanced back and forth between the pixie and the knight both, as if waiting for either one to help her. To confirm or deny this new, dreadful suspicion. "I know where the gate is, and the way back home from there. So what's to stop me from just walking back?"

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rowan closed his eyes, in an attempt to compose himself it seemed, before he looked up at the lady slowly. His expression was a bit grim as she suggested just going back the way they'd come. But of course she wouldn't understand. So he stepped back and guestured to the 'portal' they'd just come through. "Go on then... See for yourself." He said simple, watching the mortal girl.

The two trees were still there, however, in the short time that she'd been in Faery, the shadows had moved and were no longer connected. And if Celia were to walk between them again, she would see nothing except more unfamiliar woods stretching out before her. Rowan watched her with a stoic expression, studying her face when she would discover the truth of her situation.

"There are other ways of returning to the mortal realm, but they are few and far between. And time works differently here... What might seem like hours here could be days or even weeks in your world." He explained. "The pixie brought you here, she will bring you back." Rowan added sternly, staring down the little faery until she cowered. He then turned, starting to walk away, his steps almost silent.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The girl was silent for a moment as the knight gestured back towards said gate, quite content to let her simply walk away now. She hesitated for just a moment, put off slightly by his casual nonchalance. Was Rowan really so confident that she was trapped here now? Or was he simply eager to put this discussion behind him and be on his way? Either way, this was really not at all how she had pictured their final goodbyes playing out. Squaring her shoulders, she decided that she was better off simply testing it out for herself either way. If he was so eager to be rid of her, then fine.

Without another word, she turned and strode back the way she had come, towards the archway. She stepped through it in much the same manner as she had before, fully expecting the forest to transform back into the more mundane version she knew. After a quick glance around, however, it quickly became apparent that wasn't the case. The shifting colours were just as entrancing as before, but now their continuing show hinted at a much more sinister truth. Panic started to build in Celia's chest, and she quickly spun to face the way she had just come. She could still see both Rowan and the pixie, and whilst her knowledge of these things was limited, that seemed like a very bad sign.

"I..."

The girl started to speak, before cutting herself off. Did that mean she might return that years had passed? For the third time in less than two days, Celia wanted to try. Still, didn't that make it all the more important that she get back as soon as possible? Doing her best to keep her voice from cracking, she threw a glance over at the pixie.

"You can do it, right? Find another way to take me home?" she asked, almost pleading with the small, winged creature.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345