Thread: People Like Us (M) Numbers and Natora

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and medieval (but still like a modern fantasy from time to time.)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default People Like Us (M) Numbers and Natora

Here's a longer explanation of the idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Natora
    Not perfectly manicured idea of course so we can twist it to add elements of anything you like.

So in the world there are two different types of people. Humans and... well...humans. The second group of humans however were tagged as something greater. (If you want to tie the reasoning into some scientific theory that would work and we can expand on that.) All of them have tattoos on them that appear as anything from a celtic symbol on the back of a neck to a sleeve of symbols and thorns. The "regular" humans see these as needed to be studied as they cannot be removed and the humans are worried that the art might be communicating somehow. Research labs pop up to examine the pieces and conduct experiments on those that have the markings.

Of course this forces the humans that have these markings into hiding and they set up camps away from cities that contain the labs. Then stories that new members bring come to their attention of people being kidnapped and families being torn apart by the researchers. In an effort to help destroy the facilities and save as many people as they can, five members volunteer to go into the cities and get themselves into the labs as researchers, security, anything they can do, in order to save as many kidnapped people as possible.

Then kids start showing up with the markings and one of the researchers can't watch them torture and test children so decides that they need to speed up the tearing down of the companies.

One of us would play the main researcher and the other would play a researcher that is not part of the markings people and supports the research.
    We've decided that Numbers gets to play a male rebel and Natora gets to play a female die hard researcher!

Basic Character sheet:
    Name:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Love, Peace, and Happiness!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Kelly Small
    Alignment: Die hard believer in the humans!
    Strengths: Very dedicated to her work.
    Weaknesses: Not very good at any sort of combat.

Kelly was born after the purge of the marked ones. Her whole life she has been fed with propaganda about how dangerous the people are and how important is that we find them and use them in order to learn more about them. In her endeavour to help as much as she could, she went to school to become a geneticist and works now in one of the government run labs testing the marked ones they get their hands on and finding out what changes in them. Finishing top of her class at 23 allowed her to immediately get a job and her dedication earned her a promotion recently that makes her introduce new hires into the facility and allows her a small pay increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Etmere Zurbank
    Alignment: Rebel Infiltrator
    Strengths: Changing his appearance to make it look normal and working as a spy.
    Weaknesses: Protector of the innocent and will do anything to make sure they are safe, especially children who can't fight back yet.

History: Etmere was born to some of the original marked people and was raised outside populated areas for several years. When he reached ten he was taught how to be a spy, how to hide his markings, and what life is life inside the populated areas. Once he turned twenty he was finally given his assignment to infilitrate a research institute to try and figure out what the country was doing and if possible save some of the children who were captured and being tested on while slowly down or destroying progress.

Appearance:
    Has blue eyes and his mark is blue while his hair is dark brown. Tends to where jeans, a tshirt with a motorcycle jacket over it, and boots.

Mark's Ability: It allows him to control electricty with his hands. This results in him being able to turn on and off power in areas by touching wires or other eletrical equipment, as well as being able to make electricity shoot from his hands and fingers at targets that he considers to be enemies. In order to use the power as a weapon though, he has to absorb electricty and store it for later use.

Other: Uses special techniques via makeup and other materials to keep his mark hidden from people. Requires special cleaning fluid to remove makeup and material that hides his mark while its unactivated and while it is activated as well.
    Last edited by Numbers; 08-05-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Company floor numbers

A10
    A9
    A8 - Security
    A7
    A6 - Conference rooms - Training room
    A5 - Operations
    A4 - Human Resources - Registered car with Jerry
    A3 - Accounting - Monica Durrand works here.
    A2
    A1 - Cafeteria / Conversation area
    M - Entry hall
    B1 - Parking
    B2 - Transportation - Marco works here and Mr. Hammers in charge
    B3 - Electrical / Maintenance
    B4 - Laboratories - Kelly and Edward work here. Travis works with Kelly in her lab.
    B5 - Testing area
    B6 - Holding area
    B7 - Holding area
    B8 - Holding area
    B9 - Cafeteria for Marked
    B10 -
    Last edited by Natora; 10-09-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And because I always forget backstories that I create...

Kelly looked at him rather confused as he put his helmet on and only went out of the house because she was pulled out by an overexcited puppy. When he closed the door and she successfully made it to the bottom of the stairs she turned back at him and held her ground with the pup. "We're walking to the dog park. Are you leaving already?" she asked. Why would he put his helmet on otherwise. "And I didn't mean what do you think about me. What do you think of the deal?" she asked him.

As they finally got walking down the street she answered his question. "My mom, actually, got me interested. Or my dad I guess. Indirectly. My mom is the only parent I really know. When I was seven my dad disappeared. I didn't notice at first because I just figured he was working late again. He was an accountant for some big firm. I snuck out of bed one night and went to grab something from the kitchen and saw my mom crying at the table. It was the third night I hadn't seen him. I told my mom that it was okay and that he would be back. She let me know that he was never going to come back and that the horrid marked creatures had taken him from us. At that point in time alien abduction still was a rising theory.

We argued for years before we finally came to an understanding. I believed that someday either the police would come tell us that they had found him and she believed that there was nothing they could do. I dedicated myself to finding out more about the marked creatures in order to find out how they communicate with the alien race and demand that they give the people back that they took or at least try and tell me what happened to my father," she told him. As they were walking, if Daphne jumped up on someone, she would tell her to get down and eventually the instructions seemed to be getting clear. She shrugged slightly and said, "So I do what I do to prove my mother wrong. There was never a funeral per say but we have a memorial for him on the anniversary of his disappearing every year."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Spoiler: Armor 

Spoiler: Pistol 

Spoiler: Sword and throwing daggers 
    made by the lovely karma