Thread: R - Dire - A Horror Fantasy - OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default R - Dire - A Horror Fantasy - OOC

D I R E

(Photo Credit: Me, 2008)

The town of Woodbury has never been the topic of conversation for any who live outside its forested borders. It holds no tourist attractions, no monuments, no interesting landmarks. Its tiny population has continued to shrink as the majority of each generation leave for bigger and better things in bigger and better towns. The ones who remain, however, are a generally hardy, reliable group who value work ethic and honesty. They are so few and close knit that all emergency services and local government offices reside in the same building. It is common knowledge that nothing exciting has happened in Woodbury since its foundation...but a storm is coming that will test the true mettle and character of its inhabitants.

You are either a member of an emergency service, a local government employee, or a visitor to the town hall (be it a complaint or something else...you decide!) when the storm hits. You must hide in the basement shelter to wait it out with everyone else in the building, but when you exit, the world is not the same...

I'm drawing on a few previous rp ideas I've had as well as Silent Hill and Dungeons & Dragons to make this horror rp, so I hope it goes over well with you guys! We will be using adapted DnD character classes, alignments, and skills to build your characters, and I'd like to use a rolling system for certain events and actions (I seem to remember a function on this site for dice rolling but I forget how it works so if any of you recall, I'd much appreciate it).

NOT EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY LIKE DUNGEONS & DRAGONS/NEVERWINTER NIGHTS. I'm using them as a guide to help me build an interesting and challenging roleplay.

Classes, Alignments, Abilities, and Skills referenced/copied from the first Neverwinter Nights PC game (2003)

Spoiler: Classes 

Spoiler: Alignments 

Spoiler: Abilities 

Spoiler: Skills MAXIMUM 5 

IMPORTANT: If you have the skill Spellcraft, you will enter the altered world with strange powers that you cannot explain. These powers are determined by your abilities per class (Bard, Sorcerer – Charisma. Cleric, Druid – Wisdom. Wizard– Intelligence.). Depending on your ability score, these powers will be barely noticeable to reasonably strong.

Spoiler: Spells (choose 5 within your level) 

I did not include every spell that will be used in-game, just the ones your characters will be able to use.

Remove my notes when you are done with your sheet. If you are not a spellcaster, also remove the spells slot on the sheet.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions! I'm here to help!

Last edited by Pyro; 10-31-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

NAME: Zach Hadel

APPEARANCE: A tall (6’4’’), larger set (230 lbs.) man with broad shoulders. He has brown hair, brown eyes, wears glasses and has stubble. Has a scar on his right middle knuckle. Usually tends towards wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

CLASS: Wizard

ALIGNMENT: Lawful Neutral

ABILITY STATS:
    Charisma: 10
    Constitution: 15
    Dexterity: 12
    Intelligence: 18
    Strength: 16
    Wisdom: 11

HP: 21
    BRIEF BIO : From a young age, Zach was the subject of bullying due to his hobbies and interests. However, rather than allowing this to continue, he instead decided to make a change. All the way through High School, Zach didn’t only work on his mind, but also his body, becoming a hulk of a man with a mind to match. From there, Zach attended college ahead of schedule, graduating by the age of 19 with a Bachelor’s in Biology and a major in Chemistry. From here, Zach moved into the town of Woodbury, acting as the town’s Biology teacher while continuing to research on the side.
    SKILLS:
    1. Spellcraft (Rank 18)
    2. Concentration (Rank 12)
    3. Lore (Rank 17)
    4. Use Magic Device (Rank 15)
    5. Craft Weapon (Rank 8)

SPELLS:
    1. Acid Splash
    2. Magic Missile
    3. Combust
    4. Improved Invisibility
    5. Wall of Fire

OTHER INFO :
    Zach likes:
    1. Nature
    2. Mechanics
    3. Anime
    4. D&D (meta, I know)
    5. Weightlifting
    Last edited by IsaacGaming; 09-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

NAME: Roman Bell
    APPEARANCE: A bit on the spindly side, Roman is about 5' 10", 150 lbs. He has fairly pale skin with patches of dry flakiness that tend to get a bit red. He is balding, with thin black hair around the back and sides of his head, and has a long, pointed nose. He wears gold-rimmed glasses over his small, crinkly looking hazel eyes, and an overall friendly looking face. He usually wears crisp dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow, and well-fitted black suit pants with black loafers.
    CLASS: [REDACTED]
    ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good
    ABILITY STATS:

• Charisma: 10
    • Constitution: 9
    • Dexterity: 13
    • Intelligence: 10
    • Strength: 6
    • Wisdom: 8

HP: 15
    BRIEF BIO : Roman was born and raised in Woodbury, and as such, he knows everyone in town. He works as the receptionist at town hall, mostly directing calls to the correct departments. Due to his cheerful, easygoing nature, many consider him harmless and trustworthy. He seems only to have the desire to help people get what they need and enjoy their day.
    SKILLS: [REDACTED]
    OTHER INFO : Likes crosswords, lapdogs, and caramel iced coffee. Dislikes pollen, messy rooms, and spicy food.

Note: Only I am allowed to have redacted areas because I am the GM so

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

NAME: Nikolaj de Menses

APPEARANCE:
    Spoiler: Nikolaj 

CLASS: Cleric
    ALIGNMENT: Lawful Evil
    ABILITY STATS:
    - Charisma: 11
    - Constitution: 12
    - Dexterity: 11
    - Intelligence: 12
    - Strength: 9
    - Wisdom: 16

HP: 25

BRIEF BIO :
    Spoiler: Bio 

SKILLS:
    - Spellcraft (Rank 20)
    - Concentration (Rank 18)
    - Lore (Rank 15)
    - Persuade (Rank 13)
    - Heal (Rank 12)

SPELLS:
    - Inflict Serious Wounds
    - Cure Serious Wounds
    - Hold Person
    - Sanctuary
    - Raise Dead

OTHER INFO :
    Apart from when he's holding religious services or out buying household supplies, Nikolaj is rarely seen outside. He spends most of his time in his study, which he guards closely from prying eyes. Every now and again, he leaves the town in the dead of night in his old second hand car, and does not return for hours or even days on end. When queried about it, he simply replies with "ecclesiastic research."
    Last edited by Ma1chbox; 09-20-2018 at 01:36 AM.
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looking good! I'm very interested to see how this plays out~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Small edits, guys. Ma1chbox, you can't have Listen, and Isaac, you need to roll ranks for your skills. (sorry I'm a bit slow with this, I've been super busy and preoccupied with my injury so I miss some stuff!)

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Pyro! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks, Scottie!

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Why can't I have listen? Would Heal be a good alternative?
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma1chbox View Post
    Why can't I have listen? Would Heal be a good alternative?
    Listen is not available for Clerics. I listed the classes able to use each skill after the description. Clerics are able to use Concentration, Craft Weapon, Heal, Lore, Parry, Persuade, and Spellcraft. For Nikolaj, I'd recommend Persuade, but it's up to you what you want to choose.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast