Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Mediocris Bellica (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default [M]Mediocris Bellica (OOC)

This RP is rated mature for themes of violence and adult situations {for mentions of sex and drugs, but they will NOT be roleplayed}, if anything else pops up then I will change the warning.

There is a belief that this world was created from the flicker of a small flame. They say it appeared from the “Inane,” with just a simple spark and there it stayed for thousands of years- unmoving. The flame- or as most call it “Ignis Vitae- “did not take its first breath until it sparked for a second time, finally beginning its path of creation. With every breath there was life, with every pulse there was wisdom, with every flicker there was emotion, with every spark there was magic- and much like a natural fire with every stutter there was death. The fabric of everything that is, ever was, and ever will be in this world was formed from the Ignis Vitae.

Every separate spark came with a breath, giving al living things the gift of magic and keeping everything moving forward with the light of the flame. The Ignis Vitae was formed from the accumulation of natural energies of different galaxies and alternate realities. Those energies are the same things that helped form the rest of this universe, giving us our own stars, our own moon, and our own sun. And with the continued creation and life the flame burned brighter- not just within the core, but in all living beings.

From then on time moved forward and as time moved forward everyone and everything evolved. But change may not always be a good thing for everyone. For fae that meant their magic was viewed as godlike divinity, so they were worshiped as such, which in turn caused them to become too arrogant. With such a mindset they started to run rampant and tried to take control of as much as they could to “improve” their way of life. Ultimately the fae started to view themselves as higher beings, taking land and creatures of all species prisoner.
    For the mystical beasts, their change provided them with higher knowledge allowing them to speak in various tongues and better learning capabilities to better fit in with more advanced civilizations. They evolved to better survive the changing times, however as
    most other beings see them still as nothing more than beasts, they are of a lower social standing than that of a human beggar. Many of the mystical creatures refuse to come out of hiding for fear of being treated as conduits, slaves, pets, or monsters. Instead, they choose to create their own societies in secret, though some are partial towards other beings and choose to live amongst them to try and fight for their rights.

Humans stayed mostly the same, except that their potential for magic significantly dropped. No one really knows why and is still questioned to this day. Because of this change, many humans have turned to technology, while some however decided to stick to practicing their gifts in hopes of shedding some light on this malformity that has blighted their race.
    The magic that runs through everything seems to have evolved as well, but again change is not always a positive thing. There have been some that have sought to change the way the Ignis Vitae works within the body and the earth. They work in secret creating and improving a magic they call Nigurm Sacramentum.

Not much is known about it, so it’s swept under the rug- too much of a hassle to keep an eye on, especially when no proof of harm or danger exists. Many paranoids insist on someone keeping an eye on those who practice what could only be described as dark arts. But they go unheard as the power holders never seem to bat an eye at whatever they deem bothersome. No one seems to remember the rule of old that states “mold, not the flame with thine hands lest your soul be swallowed by darkness
    and torn apart by thoust
    worst fears and cast into Inane for eternity.” It’s happened a few times in the past, turning the sinner into a husk of their former selves and cursing their bodies to roam the earth as their souls are forced to live out the rest of its days in darkness experiencing their worst memories, fears, and unimaginable horror.

Yet everyone is convinced history won’t repeat itself, because everything has changed for the better, but how can we be so sure, when most of the change has driven everyone further apart.

Fairy Tales, Myths, Legends, Fables, Tall Tales- we've heard one or another at some point in our lives and they have all been heavily sugarcoated. For some reason everyone is afraid of telling the truth, no one wants to be responsible for ruining the imagination and wonder that came with the telling of these stories. I don't mean the "truths," that already exist- of the little mermaid turning to sea foam, of Alice and the looking glass, of Peter defending Neverland- all of those are lies. Your world of fairy tales are completely different from mine, whereas your picture books and movies are things of imagination, my grey skies and the air heavy with that of magic and ill intent are real.

Sin, debauchery, pain, and suffering is all that we know. The world you read about is not full of rainbows and daisies. Every day is something new, be it a new blood stain on the streets, a body laying face first in an alley left to rot, a public execution because some poor soul was caught stealing and the already scared citizens are oppressed even further, some rich bastard flaunting and parading around with pockets full of gems and gold to see what kind of women he can lure to lay with him, or the misuse of magic to completely change the flow of the universe.

Only those so full of evil and hatred take joy in watching the weak suffer. And it is only those who are so full that keep history from rewriting
    itself but in the worst way possible.

In this world we call Entis, this world we call home, we have run out of hope for the light and for freedom. We have run out of resistance. We all are a dying race.

But I fight until my hands bleed.

I will fight until I'm covered in scars.

I will fight until I collapse from exhaustion.

I will fight until I free my people.

I will fight until oppression is a thing of the past.

I will fight until we can all see the light again.

At least that was the motto people used to go by. It was a symbol of hope and the people who created it are long gone. There are very few who even dare mutter those words anymore. Ever since their leader disappeared they slowly fell apart until there was only one left, but even the color red had seemed to vanish into thin air. Nowadays people live under the rule of the big four, scared that any day will be their last.

In the land of the north where the forests are dense and the mountains tower over everything with daunting shadows, resides the mother of dragons and queen of the fey and humans. She rules with a mouth full of poison and a fist made of iron. To cross her would be
    death in the belly of a dragon, or the pain of being burned alive, or squashed beneath her feet. Her name is fear, her name is evil, her name is…Maleficent.

"Is greed not one of the seven sins? Does greed not tempt you to take what does not belong to you?" "What prompts greed? Fear? Power? Or perhaps both?" "Whatever you classify greed as is definitely what Stefan was and I had the pleasure to watch as greed fell to his doom." "When the curse of fear that blanketed the castle lifted, the realm of fey would no longer be hunted- home was safe."

"But what is love? Can you define it? Is it too a tale? A curse?" "I've had love and I've had lovers. I've lived knowing ignorant bliss and I've lived my life with a curse hanging over my head, but I've also lived knowing the hot tempers of passion and lust." "Stefan my bliss and my curse, Diaval and Prince Phillip my stoked embers and roaring infernos." "All were affairs and all took but never gave, regardless all were mine." "Though I suppose superiority counts as a gift in a way. Phillip- the lovely little dear let me rule- doing as I pleased at the drop a dime." "It was electrifying, but I spoiled him, so when I said 'no,' he lost his mind. He's not dead nor is he crazy, he's just lost." "I've no idea where he is or where he went, but I'm sure he's catching his thrills elsewhere."

"The love I had for my beastie was maternal. I raised her- clearly a thing those three twits didn't know how to do- I protected her, but I cursed her to a death she did not deserve." "But my love was enough to heal her, so I took her under my wing to help her rule the kingdom she deserved." "My maternal love only went so far and as did my trust. Humans are truly difficult things to please, just as lust is a dangerous sin to part from." "Aurora and Diaval both my loves, both with a darling attachment to each other and lust, both akin to disappointment and heartbreak, both only knew how to take as I continuously gave." "For some reason, I just can not kill what I love, but vendettas are a curious thing. So with banishment came eternal silence and amnesia for my beastie and to be cursed as a crow once again for Diaval."

"I will not sit here and be made a fool of in my own kingdom and I will surely no longer give all that I have for everyone to just take." "I will take what I please and not give in return, I will sing my song of glory as I watch the world burn under the scrutiny of my flames."

"This is my kingdom, of dragon scale, flames, and titanium."

All the land and sea to the west of Entis is where the Jolly Roger is a permanent part of the horizon, an environment of perpetual humidity, and rain. Where swamps thrive, where lakes grow so big you'd think they were an ocean, and where the beaches run coasts with sand as black as the midnight sky. Everything his feet touch and his eyes graze belongs to him. He takes what he wants when he wants. This is the domain of the seafaring mongrel Captain Hook.

"Revenge is fucking great! I don't think anyone could ever be happier than I was when I got my revenge!" "But let me teach you a lesson on obsession and naivety. Don't have one and don't be it, simple as that." "Take my advice, unless you want your hand stolen by a child and fed to a damn crocodile!" "Anyways, that's beside the point I'm trying to make." "I want all of you washed up has-beens to know that here I am mother fucking K-I-N-G!"

"Everything my ship touches is mine, below the surface or on land it is or will be mine." "If you resist then you can kiss your sorry life goodbye. I don't want to waste time on sniveling brats and idiots who think they can be heroes." "Just ask the poor saps on Neverland, they're nothing without their village idiot Pan or a croc to distract me." "But if I find you somehow worth my time, then I'm willing to take prisoners of war, or slaves, whichever I deem fit."

"If you got all that I'm off to have a little fun with Tiger Lily, maybe a mermaid or two."

In the south where the sun beats down, unforgiving with heat, and where the wind carries crimson sand to scratch at your skin is the land ruled by a true serpent king. Nestled between a seemingly never-ending desert and few mountains with oasis far and few between is where Jafar continues to build the kingdom he has always dreamed of. Using brute strength, razor wit, and black magic, the King cobra has melted the color of blood into the sand and created rivers of poison to herd the poor sheep he governs, lest they are lost to the dungeons forever.

"I don't need to brag and shout profanities or riddle you with past woes. I will just tell you what I have done to better this atrocity of a kingdom." "Simply put, out with the old and in with the new. Aladdin and the old sultan are dead, Jasmine is my slave and the genie is sealed away in his lamp in some far off distant land buried ten thousand feet underground."

"Now if that's all, I have a kingdom to rebuild. Oh but do send my regards to the red queen, she gets so lonely when I don't visit."

To the east is where nothing makes sense. Where the flowers talk, where you have to be three feet tall just to get to some places, where you never know whether up is down and down is up. A place that makes you feel like you snorted a bunch of pixie dust is where the 'The Butcher' lives, but most know her as 'The Red Queen,' or the 'Queen of Hearts'. Contrary to her title she hates the sight of blood- quite ironic.

"Agrabah is quite a lovely place, what with its beautiful red sands. I'm trying to take a page from my darling serpent and have everything coated in red here in Wonderland." "I don't want to see any white, it's such a traitorous color…my sister's favorite color." "It's not strong enough to dethrone me and the help of a little girl doesn't make it any stronger." "But it seems blue was strong enough to kill my beloved jabberwocky!"

"Deep breaths dear, it won't do to get all worked up….one…two."

"Right, everything is okay, they were painted red in the end and Hook was sweet enough to give me a new pet. Such a cutie pie the never beast is." "Oh! But did I tell you about the Hatter?" "My, my, what a man! He's such a tease too- always running away right when I've got my hands around him. But he can't hide what's behind his eyes." "Maleficent said it herself, lust is a dangerous sin that can stoke fires so high you become reckless…or something along those lines. The Hatter will be mad about me, just you wait." "And when he does, well red has more than one meaning, something my darling snake taught me oh so well."

"Now away with you, I've got a city to paint."

One can only wonder if we're meant to be living like this for all eternity.
    Maybe if we all pray hard enough Spellbound will make a comeback
    Gods,
    what do we do?

Here we are, a new and improved version of "A Fair Mafia War". I remember doing this on here like 3 years ago I believe, but it never really got started. I've messed with this idea so much and a LOT of good came with my tinkering. Anywho this RP is rated mature for themes of violence and adult situations {for mentions of sex and drugs, but they will NOT be roleplayed}, if anything else pops up then I will change the warning. You can be a character from any fairytale, myth, or legend, be it hero, villain, or sidekick. I've tried mixing several versions of each character together to make them a bit more normal...I think. Oh, all original characters belong to original creators, not me.

RULES:
    *Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated
    *Please stick to the rules and guidelines RPA has set in place
    *NO t3xt ta1k
    *If you can help it, try not to type out the actions using the ** symbol
    Exa: "What do you mean?" *Reader asked with a look of confusion*

Character Skeleton:

Username:
    Fairytale, Myth, Legend, etc.:
    Name:
    Biography:
    Relationship(s):
    Affiliation(Good,Neutral,Evil):
    Personality:
    Weapon(s)[optional]:

Taken Characters:

Little Red Riding Hood
    *Red - Luminous Heaven

Accepted Characters:

Username: Luminous Heaven
    Fairytale, Myth, Legend, etc.: Little Red Riding Hood
    Name: Alaura Oris
    Appearance: Alaura is a young woman of 5’6” and bronze skin. Her eyes a stormy grey and her hair the color of caramel. She has a lithe build as she's known for being quite light on her feet.

Biography:
    As a child, Alaura was always sure to mind her manners and listen well to her elders, but like every other kid, she tended to have her mischievous streaks as rare as they were. In her home village, she didn't really have many friends her age, she always claimed that she was way too mature to hang around with children, so she spent her days helping her parents, or hanging around the village elders. However, she was sweet to whoever she did share her time with be it with a lone ant, a wailing baby, a stray dog, or the most ancient of those who helped construct the village. Just because she preferred older people didn't mean she was a complete jerk to children. Just as her parents Alaura was well known to everyone in her village, even the travelers knew her. But no one ever really called her by her birth name. It was either always 'little red', 'red riding hood', 'cardinal', or 'rose'. She was known for the hood her grandmother gifted her with, for it was as red as well a rose.

Her life was lived in peace for the most part. On the evening of her 15th birthday is when her life officially changed for the worst. Alaura's village was burned down to the ground by the Red Queen and the only survivor left was her. How she escaped was a miracle, she could never really explain. But all she was grateful for was the friend she had made in a wolf named Ludus. From then on she spent a good majority of her life with him learning the way of the wolf and the animal world, eventually gaining his favor and earning her second tongue (ability to speak to animals).

Affiliation (Good, Evil, Neutral): Ex Spellbound member (Still good)

Relationship(s):

*Delano (Lumberjack): Childhood friend
    Growing up in the same village Alaura and Delano were bound to become acquainted with one another and eventually a form of friends. It didn’t take long for the two to become stuck together at the hip- they hardly left the others side. The older they became the more aware of their feelings they grew, as young as they were. Puppy love as her mother called it. But when Delano mysteriously disappeared little red was without a best friend.

*Ludus (Wolf): Her hero
    After losing Delano, Alaura buried herself in work, helping her mother around with farm chores, and delivering food and medicine to her grandmother who lived in the woods. Hunting season was a big thing for the men her small village and for some reason, it seemed to last all year round. Traps would always be lying around hidden out of sight and somehow Red always seemed to get caught in some. One day on her way to her grandmothers Alaura had somehow gotten her foot stuck in a bear trap. Alone in the middle of the woods trapped during hunting season the young girl knew she couldn’t call for help. Her pain just added more fuel to the fire. Through her hysteria and focus on trying to get the trap off her leg, Red failed to notice the wolf that seemed to be watching her. Though it was against his better judgment, the wolf couldn’t leave the pup to fend for herself, so he decided to help her. To this day Red had decided that he would be her friend, her ally, but she only saw him for three seasons before he too disappeared, only to reappear eight years later.

*Peter (Pan): Best Friend - Slight Crush
    Losing two friends was enough for Little Red to believe that everyone she tried to get close to was subject to disappearing. Many of other children in the village tried to befriend her, but she felt they would be in danger if they were to get too close. With her now standoffish ways, the kids started to believe she thought herself too good to play with them, so they started to ignore her altogether. It wasn’t until a young boy showed up mysteriously at her doorstep did she return to her original friendly self. This time she was determined not to lose anyone else, but as fate had it Peter too was just a phase and it left her heartbroken.

Personality: Alaura is a bit guarded to put it lightly. The numerous losses shes faced had taken its toll, forcing her to put up walls. Living with a lone wolf also doesn't really help the situation either. However, she can't help but having a bleeding heart and because of this, she stays loyal to whomever or whatever she puts her utmost faith in.

Weapons(optional): Alaura tends not to use weapons as she believes working with your hands can be more discreet if you need them to be. Meaning she chooses to use the favor Ludus bestowed upon her, giving her heightened senses and the ferocity of a wolf, and the elemental magic she picked up from her grandmother.

Last edited by Lumi; 01-16-2019 at 07:49 PM.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Luminous Heaven! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

B u M p

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

b U m P

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yoooooo this looks good,

lemme think on a character and i'll get back to you ;0

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sweet, take your time friend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

B u M p

'Supernatural' Slice of Life, Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooh yeah, this looks awesome! Hope you don't mind if I attempt to snag a spot?
    Also, any chance we can be an offspring of a mythical / fairytale character?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Of course not, the more the merrier.
    And yes feel free to be whomever you want.

'Supernatural' Slice of Life, Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome! :3 thanks, I've got a few characters floating around in my mind, but I think it just got a lot easier.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast