Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i know you can do it, it only seems hard

Spoiler: Things I like 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I didn't either. I'd recommend just reading through the links provided at the top. They're very helpful.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

yeh, d20 modern is based on D&D 3e, so if you're at all familiar with that, you are golden.

but all you need to know is character creation

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I could probably help with the character creation. My inbox is always open!
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Name: Sabina Gypsy Lang
    Race: Caucasian
    Level: Smart Hero 1
    Spoiler: Math 

Skills
    Computer Use IV
    Craft (Writing) III
    Drive III
    Investigate IV
    Knowledge (history) IV
    Knowledge (technology) III
    Listen IV
    Move Silently IV
    Research IV
    Sleight of Hand IV
    Swim III
    Treat Injury III

Talents
    Savant -- Investigate
    Feats
    Alertness
    Educated (+2 on two knowledge skills)
    Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Spells
    None
    Prior Occupation
    Student
    Equipment:
    Navy Blue ballcap, White linen blouse, Navy blue jumper, blue jeans, blue canvas sneakers, blue windbreaker.
    Google Pixel Phone
    SwissArmy Daypack

Appearance:

This woman reminds you of a mysterious raven. She has wide blue eyes. Her fine, straight, obsidian hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a wave of water. She is 5'1" talll and has an amazonian build. Her skin is tanned. She has thick eyebrows. Her wardrobe is mostly blue.

Bio: A pregnant gypsy escaped from a work detail, winding up backstage of a theater where the American band Wildplay was rocking the crowd. The gypsy, hearing a baby in one of the dressing rooms came in to find Clare watching over her brother Charles, born just the week before in a Moscow hospital, just as word reached them that their hit, "This Love is Wild But It's Crazy" had just gone platinum. It was here that the gypsy gave birth to Sabina. Tucking her into the basinette with Charles, the dressing room door was burst in by a Moscow police officer who angrily grabbed the gypsy - and she stabbed him in the throat. He stumbled back and fell as she escaped.

June and Jon Lang smuggled Sabina back to the US, where they made quiet arrangements to formally adopt her, which became official when she was two. However, Clare grew cold to Sabina, as she was a constant reminder to her of the dead cop, nicknaming her "Spooky Sabina".

In due time, Sabina was introduced to June and Jon's Mentor, who, oddly enough, lived in the mansion next door, the retired 60's singer Paul Firth, his butler Alfred Duffin, and Veer Bandyopadhyay, the Indian mystic that lived like a hermit in Paul's back yard in a little hut. While Clara and Charles were addressed by name, Veer would always call her, "Little Sister." After a fight with Clare where she reminded her that she was adopted, Sabina ran sobbing into the mystic's hut, Veer asked, "Little Sister, what is wrong?"
    "I'm not Clare or Charlie's sister," she protested, wiping her eyes. Veer laughed, taking her face in his hands and touched her forehead with his own.
    "I can see your soul, Sabina Gyspy Lang," he told her. "It is a twin of mine! That is why I call you 'Little Sister'!"

When she was 13, she wound up meeting with some girls from her school who pushed her into joining them as they shoplifted bikinis at the mall, then ran off, leaving her behind when a security guard grabbed her. For that, she was grounded for the rest of the summer, where she took up stage magic and lock picking.

In college, she decided to pursue archaeology and fell heads over heels in love with her professor, Hunter Monroe. He took her to a dig site of a small European village that had died out during the Black Death and left abandoned. But when she entered the village, it made her skin crawl. Noticing her jumpiness over the next few days, she told Hunter that she felt like something was watching them.

And then Dusty died. It looked like an accident, he had fallen into one of the pits and broke his neck.

That night, someone attacked them, slashing at the students. But when reached her, he paused, pulling back. Professor Monroe took that moment to jump in front of her - and the man hissed and sliced his throat, spraying her with her lover's blood.

That's where they found her the next morning, curled up in the dig pit, still covered in her friend's blood. Of their attacker, they never found a sign of him.

She returned home, still somewhat in shock, stripping off her clothes the monent she was inside the door, heading for the bathroom where she scrubbed herself over and over again. After a day of this, her guardians took her to a psychatrist, who recommended they admit her to his "clinic".

Sabina hated it there - the place was constantly cold and there was never any socks or shoes, her feet froze on the linolium floors and the thin scrubs did nothing to hold in the heat. So she forced herself to smile, to fool her parents and her therapist.

But Paul took one look at her and sent Alfred to fetch Veer. When she saw him, her reserve broke and she collapsed into his arms, crying her heart out. She spent the next week at his hut being tended by him as she told her story. Veer told her what walked in that place was the unquiet dead, thirsty for the life of her friends. She was lucky to have survived.

Sabina returned to college in the fall, ignoring the looks and the whispers, but with a new interest.

Spoiler: This Love is Wild but It's Crazy 
    Last edited by Enigma; 09-28-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Accepted, but arent you only allowed to have 4 ranks in any given skill at level 1?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Adjusted!

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

accepted, we have a healer!

tell your friends

@Enigma get them to join

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Ok, but no back stage passes to the next Wildplay concert.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i have never heard of them before.

Since she has Romani heritage, would she be able to tell Patches is a thief?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast