Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Shadows that walk among Us. (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

While Patches surveyed the area, his new companion went about healing his chest wounds. He gritted his teeth at the feeling of alcohol sterilizing the cuts on his chest, but remained silent. Once that was done, the worst of it was over, and the fresh bandages seemed to give Patches his vigor back. He was pleasantly surprised both at how well and how fast that took, noting that Dani must have been some sort of medical professional. "Ah, that feels better already... Thanks--"

While Patches was inspecting the expertly done treatment on his chest, he noticed something strange right under where he was crouching. It seemed to be some sort of hatch. A cellar, perhaps? Maybe a secret tunnel? Either way, it should be better than the complete hellscape of a ballroom everyone's currently in. He shot a look at Dani, then back at the hatch, then to Dani again. "I think this here might be our way out! Keep a lookout on what's happening out there, I don't wanna get jumped while going down here."

The thief hopped off the hatch and slowly lifted it, peering down to try and see where it leads.
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Oh wow," Sabina said as they did their stage act. "That's very good, you'd almost think it was..."

Then the searing pain hit her breast, making her press her hand on the burn as she dropped to her knee. This wasn't an act. This was real.

Something snarled at her as she pulled out her taser and jabbed, pressing the button.

(Simple Weapon Proficiency)
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Garmr Spot check 16 (success)

Pulse spot check 17 (success)

The booth notice that two people (Patch and Dani) are fooling around behind the bar with a hatch of some sort, its open.

Patches spot check 17 (success)

Patches sees that it leads into a sort of stone tunnel with flowing water in it. he can't tell how deep it is, but it is moving quickly.

Sabina attack roll - 9 (miss)

Sabina makes a clumsy thrust quickly with the taser, but her target easily deflects her, and backhands her powerfully, sending her flyng backwards over the bar, and crashing into the liquor rack, breaking many bottles, causing many cuts and her to be covered in liquor (1 bludgeoning damage, 1 slashing damage).

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

"I don't know what's down there, but it looks to be some sort of sewer, I think..." Patches shot an unsure look at Dani, then back down the hatch. Finally, with a look of determination, he then opened the hatch all the way and positioned himself over the entrance. "The water's fast and I don't know how safe this is, but I am not taking my chances here!" The thief quickly positioned himself on the ladder and took a deep breath to prepare himself. As he slid down the ladder like a fireman, he caught a glimpse of someone flying over the hatch's opening and the deep thud of them crashing into the bar.
    Spoiler:  

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The blow sent her flying backwards into the shelves of booze behind the bar, which cut and tore at her. The alcohol stung as it reached her slashed flesh, making her hiss. Woozily, she looked around her, wondering if she managed to hold onto the taser or not...?

There was a girl by a manhole - a manhole...?

"Go," she managed, slipping down to the floor with a moan.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

It was still, in fact, around her wrist from the wrist strap.

The pool of victims was slowly getting more scarce. If the heroes didn't leave soon, theyd be swarmed.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Link tugged on Garmr's shirt and pointed to the bar. "Looks like there's someway of escape, c'mon!" Before anything else could happen she quickly ran through the crowd while the others were busy. She pulled herself over the bar and landed on her back, looking to see the other people there. "What the hell are we waiting for, why aren't we down there already?!"

Link didn't hesitate any longer before jumping down, grabbing onto the ladder to stop herself from falling straight down. After lowering herself into the pipe she looked and saw someone else in the tunnel as the water rushed by.

"Hey, you aren't gonna eat me, right?" she said as she got to the bottom of the ladder, bracing in case she was going to be attacked.
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 10-07-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/oNBTaCY.jpg

Sig by Evie

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Now someone new leapt in. It wouldn't be long before the others noticed, She needed to get out quickly. Pulling herself over to the hole, she climbed in, telling the girl, "Best be quick."

The newcomer was yelling something at the bottom of the ladder, and it looked like someone was up ahead.

"Why didn't someone sell me some chem lights?" she muttered.

"We got to get moving," she called down. "They may notice we're missing."

Or maybe they'd be too sated from feeding on the crowd.... Which one of them hit her? she wondered. Mr. or Mrs. Shaw?

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Link didn’t need to tell him twice. Garmr immediately made a break for the bar, watching out for vampires as he put all his effort into ensuring Link and any other survivors made it fine. As Link began to descend into a hatch behind the bar, Garmr made one last scan of the room. Although he was disappointed he couldn’t save any more people, he was glad that he could at least make it out with a few of the others.

Grabbing the latter, Garmr quickly climbed down. As he reached the bottom, he suddenly noticed a few other people who had also made it, as well as the voice coming from above. "She's right. We need to go now."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Upon reaching the bottom, Patches milled about for a bit, trying to figure out where the tunnel led to. A sudden thud behind him made him wheel around instinctively, taser in hand. It seems another girl slid down the ladder, and it wasn't the one that patched him up. Patches, wary as ever, took a step back but pointed the taser at the girl.

"Hey, you aren't gonna eat me, right?"

The thief scoffed. "Funny, I should be asking you the same thing. How do I know you're human, eh? Give me a good reason not to fry you up, right here, right now."

Two more people made her way down the ladder at that moment, a male and a female. The girl seemed to be wounded. Maybe she was the one who went flying over the bar? The big guy seemed in perfect condition, though, apart from a bloodied fist. Either way, Patches didn't trust any of the three people in front of him just yet. He stood a safe distance and pointed his taser at them alternately.

"Three at once, Jesus-- Alright, how do I know you're not... whatever those things were, huh?" Patches squinted and scrunched his eyebrows together, causing the mark on his forehead to crease slightly.
    Last edited by Ma1chbox; 10-08-2018 at 04:55 AM.
    Spoiler:  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast