Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: (M) The Shadows that walk among Us. (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Link stared at the girl in shock, not knowing how to comprehend her excited to hear about the destruction that had taken place. She swallowed hard and took a breath, letting it go before gearing up to explain.

"We all came here for the con, and that went normal, but it was the after party that didn't. All of us went, and all of us made it out... b-but..." She could feel her anxiety creeping back onto her system, wishing she had her meds with her. "Th-they summoned this guy, a-a vampire. We got branded and then it's just a flash of red and dead bodies and then we all went into this tunnel thing that was under the room and walked till we came to the end of it. G-Garmr climbed up and pulled the ladder down and we all scrambled up.."

She held her hands tightly in her lap, trying to keep the shake in them from being visible. "That's it.."
    https://i.imgur.com/oNBTaCY.jpg

Sig by Evie

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Thanks," Sabina said as she caught Patches' lighter.

She knelt down by the fireplace, hissing slightly as her wounds flared momentarily from the movement. When it subsided, she got to work clearing the ashes from the middle and laying a fire, all the while listening to the conversation going on behind her.

"Anyone see some paper lying around?" she asked, when she was done, glancing behind her. "I want to warm the flue and not have the smoke pour in here."

She then realized she had no idea who any of these people were.

"Sorry, we were doing all that running. I'm Sabina, Sabina... Lang," she paused, wincing slightly. "What's your names?"
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-06-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

At first, Garmr wasn’t quite sure what to think of this woman. At first, she seemed normal. Hell, the fact that she was willing to room them was the first nice thing to happen tonight. However, some of the things that she said put Garmr a bit on edge. But why? Was it flirting? A loose screw? Either way, Garmr really didn’t mind. After all, a stranger is a friend you haven't made yet. Plus, any ally is a good one in the situation the group was in.

As Garmr snapped out of his thoughts and listened to the others talking back and forth, the topic of the current situation finally (and inevitably), came up. Garmr turned to Link and watched as she retold the horrific events. As she finished the tale, Garmr quickly put a hand on her shoulder and felt that she was shaking. “It’s fine now, Link. You’re very brave in retelling the events.”

Garmr turned back up to one of the many strangers, who introduced herself as Sabrina. “Oh, right. Introductions would be nice, albeit I would have rather met in better conditions. The name’s Garmr Hrovitnir.”

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The stranger, still giddy as ever, continued her act. She fluttered amidst the party, moving from person to person. The stranger even gave Patches a smile, no doubt meant to be delightful, but instead it made the thief feel a twang of threat. He balked at her remark about also watching over the others, but did not retort. He didn't want to show all his cards yet. After all, what mattered was that there were at least one or two people awake to monitor her actions at all times.

Suddenly, Patches had a eureka moment. He shuffled over to Sabina, brandy in hand, and crouched next to her. While the stranger was busy listening to a story, he took his lighter back once the fire was going. "I'll be using this for a bit..." he mumbled, palming the silver heirloom. He then walked over to the other two ladies, his firelit shadow looming over them.

Without warning, Patches leaned over the stranger and put a hand on her shoulder. "I suppose I've been a bit harsh with you, and I may have botched my first impression, but you know how it is. Can't just trust anyone willy-nilly, eh? What do you say, no harm, no foul? Let's start over-- Oh, wait, hold on!" He paused and pressed the silver-coated lighter into her palms, then clasped her fingers around it. "Be a dear and hold on to this lovely little trinket for a moment, will you? I'll be back right shortly..."

For the first time, the thief turned his back on the lady. He walked to the counter, listening carefully for any sizzling or screeching coming from behind him. If she really was human, then the little favor would be of no consequence to her.

As he listened, Patches briefly turned his head when the girl in the torn leather jacket spoke up and introduced herself, followed by the big viking-esque man. He didn't hesitate to introduce himself next, but not before getting his hands on some much needed food. "Patches. Trusty--" He paused and popped open the lid off the jar of pickled herrings with a muffled grunt. "-- Patches, I'm called."
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

As Link felt Garmr's hand on her shoulder, she shrugged it off and shook her head. "Just because I h-have anxiety issues doesn't mean I want to be treated like I'm f-five," she said, her face falling into a frown before turning to him. "Sorry.."

She watched the other man get up and give the strange woman the silver lighter as introductions were made, curious as to the reason he did so. She watched him open a jar of food, grimacing slightly as the stench hit the air. She looked at the others before rolling her neck to one side and sighting. "Guess it's my turn. I'm Link, I'm also known as Pulse from the world wide web." She felt awkward saying her other, YouTube name to the group. She felt it was irrelevant but at the same time it was a part of her.

She looked around at the others before looking at the strange woman. "Your go."

Sig by Evie

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The girl before her started to go into the story of how they came to be as they were. It was not a thrilling tail however it was horrifying for her. She noticed that the girl went through a myriad of emotions during her explanation. Cilla began to have many questions, mainly about the brands...what a summoning was...and for that matter what a vampire was? She just sort of tilted her head but kept a mostly blank stare as the story unfolded before her.

One of them suggested that they all slowly introduce themselves. Names to faces was always a good thing but Cilla felt like she had way too many questions to ask. The man came up to try and comfort the girl whom she sat before but she told him off saying that she did not want to be treated by a five year old.

The one person in the room who she related to started to act really weird. She felt the hand on her shoulder and she listened to what he had to say. He moved to hand her something and as such she removed the glove from her hand before taking the item. While some may have considered him being a bit forceful she did not mind a bit of force from a man.

He ended up putting a silver lighter into her hand. She held it for a moment but did not understand the significance of this. She decided to stand up and start to play with the fire a bit moving her fingers through it to feel the heat. She could easily burn herself if she was not careful but she had done this plenty of times before now.

She stood up and moved towards the middle of the room still staring deeply at the flames she was playing with and moving her fingers through quickly. She clicked it closed and the did the deepest bow she could possibly manage. “Priscilla Creevan...at your service. Cilla or Angel is sufficient...I do so prefer the name Angel though.”

She had no real comment on the story though. They looked messed up but could they be trusted? She needed to verify things before she fully believed them. She closed the lighter and stopped playing with it. It was too distracting. “What’s the next step then after resting? Something I can help with?”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sabina frowned when Patches took his lighter back, then noticed as he gave it to Angel. She didn't yell, she didn't burn, she seemed confused. Well, who wouldn't be?

"Do?" Sabina scowled, turning back to the fire with a glance towards Link. "Barricade the doors and wait for daylight. Hope these things crawl back into their holes."

What should they do if these things come hunting? She doubt they'd want to come down the flue now there was a fire, assuming they could turn into bats. Were there secret passages in the walls? Old places like this could have a ton of them.

"Maybe we should see if there's another way out, if someone comes in?"

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

The room lit by fire, they could see it more clearly. It was definitely a lounge. It was roomy, comfortable...and had a hunting theme. There was a glass-paneled gun cabinet, nd there were stuffed heads ll over the walls...human heads. The Chair Pulse was sitting in was leather, but no she can see it...Its made from tanned human faces stitched together, they appear to be screaming. At that moment, a distant scream is heard followed by a growling snarl and the ripping of flesh and thudding footsteps.

At that point there was another booming rack of thunder, and a lightbulb flashed brightly and then explodes, causing electricity to arc harmlessly across the ceiling, but it doesn't make the usual sparking noise, they sounds like screams and ghostly figures re drawn out of the stones and sucked through walls out of the room.

Spoiler: Things I like 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sabina jumped as the bulb exploded, her eyes drawn away from the arcing electricity and towards the grisly heads they'd decorated the walls with.

"I... guess they're really serious about people not wandering around the halls at night," she managed, then caught site of the gun cabinet.

"Please let that be unlocked and no alarm," Sabina prayed, moving towards it.

(Check for alarms/traps; skills Knowledge (Technology) III)
    (Lockpicking attempt with Leatherman multitool; skills Knowledge (Technology) III/Slight of Hand IV.
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-10-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

As the room was illuminated, Link looked around the room, horror creeping into her body and her blood ran cold. As she looked at the chair and realized what the chair was made of she jumped, clamping a hand over her mouth as she let out a muted scream.

She felt herself fall to the floor as the bulb exploded, the sudden screams flooding her head. She pushed herself to the wall and covered her face, trying to hide the sight from herself. "I-I hate this..! I wanna go home..!" She felt her body shaking hard, hating herself more and more. "P-Patches, h-hand me some alcohol.."

Sig by Evie

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast