Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions of Idun (OOC/Signup)

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A few issues, Dunwich.

First is that someone with the capability to hack into Idun's banks would probably be able to do more. As your story pointed out, folks like that come up... missing. Given she was involved with the guy, why was she spared while he was exiled?

Second is that the whole hacking encryptions from a smartphone, while possible, is incredibly difficult and more the sort of thing you see in Watch_Dogs than in reality.

Third thing is that if the city police use standard tasers, how does a civilian have a compact and concealed wrist-mounted one? In a setting where so much is controlled and restricted by the city, wouldn't that be incredibly illegal and risky for her to have on top of the risks she takes by hacking?

Lastly is that my choosing your power kinda eliminates the random element I was going for, doesn't it? Just pick a random number if you don't want to roll. Powers don't duplicate, so choosing a number someone else got won't result in the same power.

So to sum it up: Dial it back a little bit on the Elite Rogue Hacker sort of thing. She can still hack, but don't push so hard that the city would want to make her see how bad life is outside the walls. You have to think of it as if this were a highly-controlled communist state. Which... well... it kinda is, when you think about it. And please roll or pick a number for the power.

I look forward to seeing what changes.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Sci-fi, Horror(if I'm the villain), and nongeneric Fantasy among others.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, gonna hit these in order.

Mystery man wasn't actually able to do it. "Hacking" a crypto currency on the level he was attempting is quite impossible. Maybe he was close to something, but he was actively displaying criminal tendencies and anything he could attempt would be like driving a truck through the physical location's door. It'd get you in, but very noticably. Allison wasn't quite so high profile, or as obviously criminal. She was generally more of a tinkerer until his disappearance gave her motivation to get more into networking technologies. Besides, it was either "She's not a threat, and potentially useful to the city" or "She's vanished into an unmapped maintenance area like a friggin ninja turtle."

Second, I'm well aware of the difficulties of breaking encryption with a smart phone. This is why I specified light encryption. Stupid passwords like 123456 or password. Against anything at a mid to high level, a portable device can only capture packets for a larger more capable device to work on. As I specified. As for doing this with a smartphone specifically, it's an rp. I didn't feel like having my character carrying around a similarly sized raspberry pi Kali rig if I could just mash the two devices together because story.

The wrist mounted taser? Ok, sure. That's a bit of a stupid thing for a smart character to have. I just figured it wouldn't be too (relatively) difficult to acquire and modify one. Taser guns are generally 90% frame, with the important parts being where the receiver would be on a regular gun. And I thought it was kinda cool. I'll just swap that out with a .22 or something a little more practically concealable.

Lastly, sure. Got a 4.

I can see how this concept seems ripe for abuse, but I have no intention of "winning the game" or anything that stupid and uncooperative. I just want to write a (mostly) accurate hacker's story in a cool setting. No Watch_Dogs crap here. Well, maybe the realistic stuff. The only reason Aiden was able to get away with his superman bullcrap was a mix of horrible security for ctOS, and a realistic depiction would have him sitting still for amounts of time beyond the scope of the average gamers attention span.

Anyway, rambled a bit. Any of my explanations fall flat?
    Last edited by Dunwich; 10-16-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hacksilver is not a cryptocurrency. It is a physical currency. It'd be hard to hack that. He could have hacked the accounts that keep track of it, though. That could work, in theory. But I digress. I will tentatively let it all pass for now, which is a pretty big thing for me to do. Ask Daws and Iwazuma, they can confirm. Anyway... on to the power. Copypaste from below.

Flames of Muspelheim: Hurl baseball-sized fireballs once per minute from your hands. These can reach temperatures of nearly 5,000 degrees fahrenheit, do not harm the one throwing them, and can be thrown up to 100m away before quickly dissipating. Upon impact with a solid surface, they burn for a few seconds before dissipation, causing severe damage to both organic and inorganic material and softening any metals they touch.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

That's a fancy power xD

And the likely hood of Beta ever letting anything pass is like a 1/50 chance ._.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Woah. That's turn glass into puddles level of heat. Hell, I was expecting to have to write a monologue of her complaining about a "useless ass super power," but that seems legitly handy.

But thanks for the leniency. I don't intend to do anything ridiculous without running it by you first. And if I don't, hey, I've got like, 13 posts. How hard can it be to get me banned? I'll make the edits when I've finished today's job in a few hours.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I wouldn't want you banned for going a little ham. I might, at worst, bar you from the RP. But banning is generally only done in severe circumstances and only by staff. I might be FORMER staff, but that was long ago and I burned a couple bridges since then so I don't have any pull anyways.

Just keep in mind that the flames dissipate quickly. It might melt a bit of glass and it will definitely do some severe damage to a human being, but it won't be melting a thick pane of bulletproof glass or killing someone in a single shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noted.

Edit made.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Alrighty. You've been added to the roster. I'll get to work on the IC here soon. Gotta figure out how I want to kick it off.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Explosions and stuff! o:

Cause big booms are cool
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Antivan Crow