Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New skies, new home IC

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After a short time passing, the sliding doors opened with Nikkolai and Borris both stepping through. "Ahh, seems everybody's awake now..." Borris said and Nikkolai looking over each one of them. Nikkolai then reached to a button and pressed it, a buzzer sounded and another door on the other side of the room opened and in came... very odd looking creatures. Their heads long and narrow, ending in a pinprick, eyes the size of tennis balls, much too large for their skulls. Three fingers each on two hands, and two webbed toes on each foot, and the skin a variety of brown and beige colors. a small compartment opened in each cage and a tray of... food? was slid into each cage. The food appeared to be sausages, a steak, some bread, cheese, and some sort of fruit on each tray that was slid in. The same thing handed to the two males. The one named Borris eating like one would expect someone in the military to eat: quick and without much regard for tasting or savoring the food. Whereas Nikkolai ate slower, more politely, like the royalty he had been addressed as.

As expected, Borris finished faster than Nikkolai, but still hung around until he finished. Nikkolai, now finished with his meal, now spoke. "We will be arriving at our destination shortly, I suggest you all prepare. The landing will be a bit... rough. Let us start with introductions... I am Nikkolai Voidsong. I was the prince of my kind, royalty, back home. This is Borris, he is assigned to me as a bodyguard of sorts." He looked at the ones in cages, expecting them all to introduce themselves next.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Kate ignored the girl speaking to her, telling her to stop. If the girl were saying something different, such as “keep it up! I’ll try too!” She would’ve gladly introduced herself. But no.

She kept smashing against the bars until her arms were very sore. She stopped to breathe for a moment and rub her arms, when the door opened again and the handsome man and the kneeler walked in. She froze.
    Oh yes, very handsome, but also extremely intimidating.she was almost too unnerved to speak to him. She opened her mouth, but was stopped by a buzzer. Extremely odd creatures walked carrying trays of food. They didnt seem like threats to her and the others. She strongly considered grabbing one of their limbs through the opening but she also realized it would’ve been a pointless confrontation that would diminish any trust she could forge between the prince and herself. Instead she ate some food, slowly, and stopped when the men introduced themselves.

“Im Kate. Um, I think.” She giggled, feigning embarrassment. She had to win his favor no matter what. That was plan B. “I was actually wondering, maybe, if you could answer something for me, if you don’t mind.” The politeness she was putting off was as genuine as she could possibly make it.

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Yes...quite." Her attention shifted to the girl ramming herself against her cage 'She's going to hurt herself.' Alaura was about to agree with Claria but was interrupted as a buzzing sounded around the room and another set of doors opened, revealing those strange creatures.

'Those must be the pinheads.'

Her train of thought was interrupted when a small door opened on her cage and food appeared. She didn't feel as if she should trust the food, but her baser instincts were telling her to eat. Slowly she shuffled closer to the food and took a small sniff. With a sigh, Alaura took a piece of fruit from her tray and popped it in her mouth. What use was there to be suspicious of the food if she didn't even know what she was looking for? Luckily it wasn't horrible to her taste buds, it was actually quite pleasant. Swallowing the fruit she grabbed an orange piece and tried that one, it was quite refreshing.

The brunette ate slowly- savoring her meal- she couldn't quite put a finger on it, but she had a feeling she wouldn't be able to eat like this for a while. Her eyes slowly shifted from her food to the dark prince as he began speaking, heeding his words carefully. 'So his name is Nikkolai and his guard Borris, and the girl willing to harm herself to escape is Kate.'Committing their names to memory, or what was left of it Alaura continued eating her meal in silence. Quite murmuring filled the room again, as well as the sound of eating, before a young man from somewhere in the room, decided to speak up.

"U-uh excuse me, your majesty, my name is Yakon and I was wondering why we are all caged up?"

"Yeah, if we're to populate another planet, then why are we being treated like beasts?!"

The undoubtedly female voice that spoke after Yakon sounded angry and on edge. Which was understandable, especially if you woke up in a strange environment
    with no memory of who you were, or what happened to leave you in a situation such as this. The second question seemed to have an effect on a few other cagees sweeping them all into a sort of group mentality and starting an uproar. Alaura closed her eyes as she focused on her meal, she understood the panic and slight rage, but adding to the chaos had no positive outcome, that she was sure of. They were afraid it was easy to tell and quite frankly so was she, but she couldn't help but wonder what kind of reassurance they were going to be given.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Claria flinched a few times as the girl continued trying to escape. Just as she suspected it was a bit futile. She agreed with the girl ramming into the bars, just not quite the method. She shifted slightly and noticed that after a few minutes our two young travelers came back into the holding cells yet again. Claria was surprised they were visiting so often.

A buzzer went off and…horridly interesting creatures entered? She noticed they look like human’s but also like that had been through some type of machine that stretched them out far too much. Pinhead must be a derogatory term for them and she aimed to make sure never to say it in one’s presence. She noticed that the beings were dropping off food. At first she aimed to abstain from eating until the smell hit her nose. Starving herself was probably a childish thing to do. While they were being kept for something and not wanting them to die…she figured there were enough females here that Claria was not so special.

She started to eat, not to slow and not too fast.

So they finally got an introduction after the food was eaten, once again she could only think this would be going much better at a table.

They asked for all their names. Claria decided she would wait till the end. She had not been the first to speak and being in the middle might mean that she would be forgotten. She realized now that at this moment it was almost like a competition. Their goal was going to be populating, while a dull rock sat in her stomach she realized they were going to make a culture and Nikko…Nikkk…Nikkolai was going to be at the top. So that meant that she needed to not shoot for one of the others in the cages but one of the two men before her.

She brushed the crums off of her shirt and stood up doing a bow and said, “Claria Winterfold…” She held her pose for a moment not for effect but for the fact she felt stupid and turned red. Why was this what she thought she should do.

A voice shouting from the crowds pulled her back to reality and quickly sat back down. They both asked what had been on their minds. She was curious to see how the Prince before them handled the situation. He had not been given any favors considering at default most of the caged people would be upset. He would have his work cut out for him and if things got too bad there might be a rebellion when they landed.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai, who tried to answer the question of why they were caged, realized he would have to wait until they were all quiet before he could and simply stood by with a hand on his hip, partially covered by the cloak, a look that quite bluntly said I'll wait.

That's when Borris stepped forward, closed his eyes, and opened his mouth, what one expected to be a shout, came out... quite different. It sounded, more like... a roar, a loud roar, and monstrous roar. After that the room fell totally silent.

"Thank you, Borris." Nikkolai said as Borris stepped back into line. Now Nikkolai stepped forward. "To answer your question of why you're caged, it's for your own safety, as I doubt you know where we are curently. Think about it, on the off chance you woke and started to panic, and tried to escape into the empty vacuum of space, what do you think would happen? Your oxygen in your body would be sucked out of you, your eyes popped from their sockets, and your insides pulled from inside you. Within maybe a few seconds you would die one of the worst deaths imaginable." he said this with a calm supremity, letting them all know they were safe as long as they minded themselves and listened to what he had to say. "We'll be starting a new life on a new planet being sculpted just for us. I would recommend you not dwell on why you're currently in cages, and think about what you will be doing once we land. I strongly suggest staying together as a group. Safety in numbers and other such things." He said before looking at Claria directly in the eye before looking about the others. "Now if you all can behave yourselves, you may ask another question, if you wish."

Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alaura flinched and dropped the piece of cheese she was about to eat and quickly covered her ears. That noise was terrifying and looked like it shouldn't be able to come out of a man of that.....stature. She could even feel the vibrations through the cage floor, but just as soon as it started, it was over. Uncovering her ears she noticed how quiet the room was. Many people were cowering in the corner of their cages, a few had fainted, even the creatures seemed to either be on high alert or cowering as well.

Her eyes shifted wildly to Nikkolai as he started talking once more and her stomach dropped at his words. Death, No memories, pinheads, and people she could not fully put her trust into...what a mess. She would laugh if not for how serious the matter was. Alaura cleared her throat politely to garner prince's attention.

"U-um what exactly are you two?"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Kate gripped the bars and nodded. “Yeah, judging from mister growly over there, I don’t think you’re human. So...what are you?”

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

She could tell he was expecting this and was even above it. The air of superiority he had was truly that of someone who was used to power but also to the unrest of the people. Borris on the other hand demanded they pay their respects and was about to shout when suddenly a booming monstrous roar came out of him. Claria was thankful she was already on the ground needed to cover her ears. The vibrations shook through everything and it caused her heart to beat erratically. When he was finished she looked up in horror. She noticed that Nikko had not even flinched. She could not keep her legs and hands from trembling. The best she could do was hold herself to keep any sort of composure she had left.

He mentioned that they were caged to prevent panic. A bold choice to be sure. She already thought of a few other way to be held. Thankfully she worked well under pressure even though her body was shaking her mind was staying sharp. She was thankful to whomever she was previously.

When he mentioned that they should focus on who they are going to be she simply had to agree. It made no sense to dwell on the past unless something came forward. She wanted as much freedom as she could get. She had no idea what sort of skills she had or what she could really do without her memories. She worked well under pressure so…

She heard that the girls next to her ask what they were and Claria simply though to herself, ‘Our masters…does it really matter at the end of the day…?’
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nikkolai glanced at Claria as soon as the thought of them being masters went through her head and he, of all things, responded to what one would assume to be the thought "We're not your masters, we may be your leaders, but we're not your masters. We suggest what path to take, in the end, it's up to the follower whether to do so or not." He said before looking to the ones who asked what they were. To which he simply responded with "We're not human, this is true... we are... better than humans, as you are now as well. We are Draconians, what you on your home planet called Weredragons, of sorts. Shifters, in a sense, a shifter that can take the form of a dragon, or dragon-like beast. Can you not sense your bodies changing ever so slightly with every passing second?" he then turned his head to look at something. Those were definitely not human ears, they were... almost elvish looking. And to study the hand without a glove, one would notice his nearly talon like nails. "Borris and I, were against the entire agreement, but my mother, and father, god rest their souls by now, I'm sure, said it had to be done to save our own race. Knowing that the entire fate of our kind rested on us, we saw no other choices. So, we reluctantly agreed, under a few conditions, which, sadly, one condition was already broken when they erased your memories, and I deeply apologize for it." he said, keeping his head looking away.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

kate meant to accept his apology, knowing he was humbling himself more and farther than he was used to. That would have been the polite thing to do. That would have been convincing. But her stomach dropped when the prince mentioned changes. She gasped when he showed his ears, her hands shot for her own ears in response. They had not changed, but when she looked at her palms as she had earlier, she noticed her nails had sharpened to dull points. She again reached for her ears. Maybe they had gotten a bit pointy? But what did she have to compare them to?
    “Um, excuse me, would it be terribly inconvenient if I could ask for a mirror? I want to check something.” As if it weren’t obvious what she wanted to check. She might as well check for fangs and glowing eyes while she was at it...
    But as soon as she got the chance...she’d take a chance on plan E.
    Last edited by Katrina; 10-12-2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Edit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast