Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Light

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Black Light

The year is 2090. The world was decimated, every country, every island, in 2030. None from the "before times" are alive present day. None remember the world which once existed before the now desolate landscapes. No children of today recall how the wars started, only the non-humans are familiar with the popular belief among humans, that the emergence of creatures not human started conflicts not resolvable. Nuclear energy infected millions during the wars. Mysterious poisons appeared, infecting waters, air, soil. Even more mysterious people began emerging as well. People with WINGS, actual Vampires, some people with glowing eyes, pointed ears, markings in their skin, some with claws and misshapen bodies, and more seemingly brand new species. They brought magic, flight, spells, alchemy, and other "abilities" with them into the spotlight. Mutated beasts incapable of speech roam wasteland among wasteland. Some made of metal, some of flesh.
    Ever since what the elders refer to as the "collapse," some thriving communities have been successful in reestablishing some form of order. Towns emerged from the rubble, humans began to procreate, consistently blaming any birth defects or changes in their children on the other species inhabiting the world alongside them. Currency in objects began, such as the most popular being small metal shards, usually melted down for literally anything. Cloth, food, and supplies are traded for other goods. The idea of economy is nonexistent. Various leaders arose as well. Though some small skirmishes have occurred between communities on the verge of falling, or possessing different ideals, the world is void of war. Poverty is nonexistent. It is simply, survive. Some people live in communities. Some people live, what the humans of the before time would call, "off the grid." Trading city's conjoin crossroads, sell-swords are often as profitable as merchants. And for the most part, things are peaceful. A form of daily life and a semblance of normality take control of the world. For now...

I have a particular plot in mind that will be introduced upon first character intro.

Other info:

You may give your character(s) a specific power or a species with an array of unique traits.
    Age, personality, etc are all up to you. NO god rolls please!

Kara

Species: To be announced

Bio: A female sell-sword, unafraid of the dirty jobs. By day she is known by her local traders as Kara, or K, the innocent raven haired beauty, somehow living by herself on the edge of town. But by night she is known as Red. A powerful mercenary garbed in dark red with fearsome battle skills and a mysterious power.

Power: Room. She creates/casts a time limited room in which she can manipulate just about anything. None the less, she has weaknesses. She also carries hidden mechanical augmentations in her right arm and right leg, but possesses human organs and a seemingly human left half.

Edit: Rated M
    Last edited by Katrina; 10-07-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: forgot to put M

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Katrina!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thank you very much! I’ll look over all this and take it into consideration.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Followed yours as an example please let me know if I missed anything. I took the impression this is sort of madmax, Fallout, Fantasy setting.

Flint

Species: Human

Bio: Flint is considered something of knowledge seeker. Some would call him a bandit while others would call him an explorer. He generally moves from town to town finding rumors of things. He learned to defend himself at an early age against the threats of the world and picked up most of skills on the road. His main weakness is a lack of formal training and his ability to be suckered into something if his interest is piqued.

Power: Density Manipulation – Can change the density of the things he touches, including his own body. This can do anything from allow things to pass through him to becoming heavy like a mountain. (For clarity: if someone is obviously going to attack me I have time to use the skill but if someone sneaks up or uses something quick I'mma dead man. He can only stay at low mass for a short time due to needing to breath.)
    Last edited by Kortaga; 10-10-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sounds perfect! Now we just wait for more people. May take a little while, but if you can think of anyone who might be interested pls do send them our way!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I shall though I admit to not knowing many people being new as well. Will do my best!
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Still need people if anyone is interested

Anything goes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll admit I wasn't too interested at first, but, I'll sit down to hang with y'all.

Name: Drake Sangre

Species: Human

Bio: Some would call him a bibliophile, as Drake has an appetite for knowledge that is the most common cause of getting him in trouble, when typically it would be his friends, or his sister's girlfriend, but after setting out on his own personal journey, he quickly realized how much he missed his friends, or friendly faces at the very least. His father had been a priest, and some of the humble and reserved nature had been passed to him. He, and his sister, inherited his father's knack for magic, as their father and his sister could make flames to warm a whole village, Drake simply became skilled with smaller feats, controlling the temperature of air to freeze or burn, or even produce a strong current to push, he found himself lacking in abilities. Despite not living up to the abilities, he became skilled with his bow after bandits attacked his family's home, forcing him and his sister to flee and live their lives without their parents. It'd only been 7 years ago, but Drake became well versed with his bow, and his spells. His diplomatic nature served to be just as valuable in his current journey alone. He'd walked for hundreds of miles until coming to the current area, dust and sweat covered him and dirtied his glasses, but it was good for the soul.

Power: Mild air control, able to freeze or ignite medium sized objects, or send a rush of air towards whatever he needs to.

Appearance: Short, fine red hair hair and strong blue eyes stand out in his mixed Spanish and Irish tanned light skin. He may have freckles and clunky red glasses, but, wait no, he's still kind of a nerd, sorry intellectual. He's stands around medium height and has a very lean build, with most muscle just being his brain or bow arm.
    Clothing he wears are white running shoes, dull red and wornout khakis, and a white button up under a brown leather jacket that's stuffed with old papers and random documents. He carries his quiver on his back, a simple gunmetal tube, and he uses a grey recurve bow with an assortment of different arrows.

Skills:Bilingul, raised to speak and read English and Spanish, an amateur archer, with a glaring drawback that he can't make his own arrows, and a very logical and analytical person but empathetic as well, but not an empath by nature.

Anything goes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like 3 is better than none, so I'm ready to go whenever you guys are.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We’re gonna wait a little longer to see if we can get any others to join. Also something I forgot to mention is that everyone is starting off where my character is. Go to the IC to see. Lastly, the use of bilingual skills isn’t necessary since the world lost most of its languages after the wars. There’s only one language with different dialects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast