Thread: Ritual Failures

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything goes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ritual Failures

She'd lived and died too many times, a number of her old bodies has been hexed into useless dust for her transgressions, but perhaps this time, she would succeed, Malovent would step down from the realm of the living and experience the dead realm in person. She only needed guardians and assistants to aid her, to use their strength as she tried to save her own.

A graveyard and some letters would be her means of recruiting, asking outcasts to join the mother of exiles, and waking the fallen to serve as her thralls, she would quickly kill the king of Lazarus and harness the power she needed.

So, who wants to work for a lich?

The RP will still be fairly open, but in general, the group will be friendly to each other, and this will be my first RP on here.
    Just throwing it out to get some attention.

No real heavy details needed, Malovent woke the dead to serve her, and they clearly don't have to like it, and as for her sending letters, she offers shelter to outcasts and those in need. You don't have to make an undead character, or even a mage of any kind, every character can have a use. The world will be detailed as we go, and we should hopefully be able to make this into something fun.

And I suppose I should deploy Malovent's character sheet now..*shrug*

An odd supernatural, Malovent has lived and died multiple lives, each time her soul drawing her further towards the dark abyss of the death plain. She eventually found a way to negate natural causes, and trapping her soul in her current Undead shell. She still continues to dabble in necromancy and trying to gain more power each life. Even with each life being different, her overall attitude and grit are noteworthy. She doesn't shy away from her issues like a frail null rose, her thorns tend to ensnare and rend whatever stands in front of her, all she needs is time and power.

Even without a pulse, she blends well enough into societies, namely using simple makeup and feeding off the souls of minor pests and vagrants. So while her skin looks an spinechilling gray with smoky purple eyes, the peach toned make up make her look alive. Her hair is likely the biggest tell of the mystic side of her, with braids, dreads, and a feathered appearance into some gypsy goth art piece. Her clothes are similar in tone, fine tie dyed clothes, and silk sashes. White and lavender seem to be her favorite colors, with her sashes matching her raven toned hair.

Equipment wise, she really only carries a small ritual dagger, and whatever money she keeps in her in a small satchel tuck between her cleavage.

Spellwise, she will get a lock on a being's soul and start plucking away its grip to its body, eventually draining it and adding it to a pool of souls that she keeps in her rib cage, a simple bird skull of the messenger of death, but the source of her spell power. She has faint elemental skills, more used to death magic, but knows plenty of white spells. They're harder for her to use, and often cause her body to come back alive, which causes some uncomfortable reactions as her heart pounds with a new surge of adrenaline to save itself and her lungs try to breath again.

Anywho, the RP is going to be character driven, so, if you wanted to write about a crowd of undead oddballs walking into town, this would be it. Hope this doesn't flop.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Therion/Dark! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Anything goes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hhmmmm, yeah, wow. This totally doesn't look like a copy and pasted message on an RP with zero traction.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

It's a reminder that you can apply this RP as RP of the week

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am down for trying it out. What are you looking for as a character sheet? Any sort of aspects you want characters to generally trend?
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

This thread has been featured as

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This seems interesting to me. What do I need to join? What kind of character outline/sheet is needed? I'm thinking of playing a Mage as well? Is that a possibility??