4:55am Cekenitha Main City, Kurrin

Even though it was early morning the temperature was thankfully quite even. The per dawn chill was getting whisked away into the morning lights. The sky was colored from purple as it got closer to the sun which was just leaking orange along the horizon. Dispite the rather lovely scene and single ship captain stood on his ship. He rubbed his grisly chin and inhaled deeply on his well-made pipe. He breathed out billowing smoke to fold around his body as the wind pushed it back to him. His eyes caught a sight in the morning dawn. A color of deep fear…

“Red sky’s at morning…”

He walked over to the dock and watched as his men were already in motion. Even though they had drank and partied last night these men were all hardened steel. He was proud of them and they respected them as they should. The sea barely moved and there could little in terms of waves. It was a perfect day for sailing, such was everyday thanks to Fellden God of the seas. He made the mark of the god in the air and took another puff from the sea serpent toothed pipe.

“I hope nothing is wrong over at that island…"

9:00am Cekenitha Main City, Kurrin

A man wearing iron armor that covered his whole body paced frantically along the docks. While no one was late they certainly were not as early as he wanted them to be. On his armor he wore a medium sized shield and an iron sword. These were typically standard issue and certainly not impressive. He wore a crest of an eagle clenching a moon. This was the symbol of the Tabinth Mercenary group, the largest of the Ceknithan mercenary groups.

“This is why I only deal with the Mercenaries and not these random volunteers.” Dispite not seeing the man’s face his voice was full concern. A letter had been posted in the middle of town with the following information.

Quest Notice!

On the third island of Cekenitha, the island of Muqo the inhabitants of the island have stopped sending supplies and requesting them. Not a word has been heard for the last five days. As such we are requesting volunteers to help the mercenary groups search the island. Only those able bodied may apply. Upon completion of the mission ten silver will be awarded for each party. A bonus of 2 silver would be awarded for discovering what is going on.

Melodious Adventure’s’ Guild

Some were coming from the guild themselves while others were common folk. The price was too high for a simple hike around the island. This had made others concerned though. Sure in the deep parts of the forest there were some beasts but nothing that would warrant 1,000 copper pieces. The wary ones stayed behind while the eager moved forward. That and of course the desperate who just needed a quick coin.

The man paused and stood steadfast. “The boat is supposed to leave in a half an hour…I swear if I have to bail out of this mission…”

The man thought to himself saying that these people had better be able to at least pull their weight…