Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Crafters and The Black Veil - {OOC} {M}

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, after everyone’s got their react in we’re gonna jumpe to the following day. Over the night because of what our characters have seen and any pre-existing thoughts/feelings/etc. They need to decide that they want to make an effort to stop the gloom ;0

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Not to sound weird but how do we find out there is a way to stop it?

Right there was a personification against something my average joe character could do nothing against.

Just sort of wondering how we will jump from as we are now to yea we can maybe do something.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah good point. I was vaguer than I thought I was going to be in that post, but not to spoil anything but that guys the reason the gloom is happening. So far, for our characters. The gloom has been this unknown thing. Not actually been there for very long and there’s not been a real cause or reason for it. It just happened.

So the way I had it planned in my head, our characters and out characters alone would witness this clearly other worldly-ambiguously not good person and think “oh darn. Must be him. Better stop him I guess” but worded much better ofc. Our characters might not be able to do anything truth be told. But nobody else is even trying, be they wealthy or poor. So Out lot decide to do something?

If y’all want i coukd do another quickie post perhaps showing this lack of effort from the rest od the population?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

No that puts things together a bit better.

Just curious which one of us comes up with the brilliant idea that we can stop it and somehow convinces the others.

In my mind my character will want to know more about it so that is his primary excuse to take that course. Also if he does nothing his master will pass away here with everything dead which he does not want. So two reasons to take action.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Given Ruvsa’s shamanic background, she would probably be one of the first ones in the group to start putting two and two together regarding the stranger’s connection to the Gloom, or at least more inclined to start investigating early on.

But as for them actually taking the initiative to stop him, I imagine the first priority in that regard would be for them to figure out what exactly they’re up against and how to even go about trying to stop him. It’ll be hard enough as it is to convince four powerless, inexperienced nobodies that they can save the world from a mysterious supernatural entity, but it would be pointless for them to rush into action without some kind of game plan other than “must stop weird zombie man (even though we have no idea how to do that)”.

Having said all that, since the zombie man mentioned a lake, maybe I could have Ruvsa visit the lake to investigate (and/or tell the more experienced Soma shamans in the area about the zombie man and have them join in the investigation as well), then later share her/their findings with the rest of the group (or have them go with Ruvsa and/or the shamans to begin with), and we can go from there. It might also help to give them a reason to put themselves at risk trying to stop the zombie man instead of running for their lives like everyone else, say if their loved ones have been kidnapped by the zombie man or are otherwise in enough danger that simply running away is no longer an option (Kortaga’s earlier post regarding Sehler’s master gives a couple of good examples).

Those are my two cents so far, but I’ll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 12-08-2018 at 03:55 AM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yea I like that action, I feel considering the backround Ruvsa is going to be our main movements going forward at the start.

Should I post next? I was going to wait since I had posted before this but just let me know. Wanna strike while the iron is hot.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

yeah I can deffo see Rusva being one of the first to think on taking a stand or doing something othr than nothing.

And you've hit the nail on the head in them finding out/who/what the mystery master is before maybe plundering in head first into anything else. In my head, the plan was they all witness this clearly significant event and decide from that, that for the time being they need to discover who that is and what connection does he have to all of this, because it's clearly something over nothing.

but you've both raised some good points, we need a little bit more motivation for everyone don't we. That's ok though, I'll send a quick PM in everyones direction, and if you all like, we can plan a individual specific event/expierience/whatever that causes something significant with regards to motivation, if that makes sense? So basically we'll plan something that will cause/rouse each character to want to take a stand against whatever's going on? Will give me a quick chance to flesh out the master guy too a lil bit more actually now i think about it.

But how does that sound guys? make sense?? ;0

Also feel freee to post for the time being yeah cause all our characters will have intriguing reactions to all of this so far I'm sure

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

That sounds good to me!

I’ll wait on your PM before I post again, so that I can set up my posts accordingly.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Sounds good will get to work after work.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

posted sorry it took so long I have no idea why I was so blocked on writing.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast