Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crafters and The Black Veil - {OOC} {M}

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default The Crafters and The Black Veil - {OOC} {M}

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Possible Violence, Possible Language, Possible Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes

The Crafters
    and
    the Black Veil

{OOC}

Valmaperä

The world grows dark, and the land sinks into black.

Valmaperä is a large place. A green hilly land, consisting mainly of large grassy moors, and deep wide Fjords. A green fertile land, that is as rugged as it is beautiful.

Valmaperä's economy is equally dependant on two things. It's farming and cultivation (Cause if you have a land that green, you may as well use it). And due to it's vast and large amount of rivers, it's Maritime trading and travel are it's other main financial strong-point. These are effectively the only two career paths one can have in Valmaperä. And it's rare you get to choose which one you want.

For in Valmaperä, basically, you're either poor, or you're rich. There is no, and I mean no, in-between. Since practically forever, the rule in this land has been that the rich city traders and merchants are placed above the dirty rural farmers, in class, standards and everything else. And that's just the way it is.

The farmers and Crafters keep to their work and traditions, and the City Traders stick with their business and their scheming.

And all in all, it's a pretty peaceful place. Not much goes about here.

Oh wait.

Exactly one week ago to the day, some foul wicked evil erupted across Valmaperä. A corruption in every sense and definition of the word. A shadow that cracked open and fouled the hearts and minds of men. A plague that seeps into and sickens the lands and waters, killing all that would live off of its bounty. This gloom does strange things. Strange looking beasts are cropping up everywhere. The earth itself seems mutated and changed in places, and Dove says she's seen in snow even though it's the middle of the Summer.

It started in the East, and is slowly spreading from there.

I've heard the Sun's disappeared in Slödder.

Bebouwen

Bebouwen is a small quiet town. Located in the somewhat warmer South of the land, it's a farming village, and therefore a poor village. The folks that live there are Crafters, born and bred. All born into a life of rough hard work and labour.

The gloom has begun to make itself known even here now. The earth grows sick, and plants no longer grow. Lake Nådig's waters sift murky and brown, and will soon become undrinkable.

Bebouwen, a place entirely dependant on cultivation and farming before long will be un-liveable. It's residents are beginning to leave the place. Fearful of the pursuing gloom. They make to go to Fredlig, or possibly even Vande, if needs be. Just anywhere to get away from the Shade.

Everyone is leaving, but perhaps...

Not all are heading in the same direction.

Plot

So I'll start with this.

Every single character in this RP, is going to be someone completely and utterly ordinary. Now I know that statement in itself is a semi-lie. Nobody in the world is ordinary. We all have are unique differences, secrets, features and quirks and your characters will too, of course they will. But what I mean is that instead of your usual wizards, knights, long lost princesses and all that jazz, every character in this RP is going to come from a relatively plain working background. I'm talking pig herders, blacksmiths, carpenters and plough-boys, all that good stuff.

I want this to be an RP where the little people get to have a chance for adventure for once. And it will be (hopefully) interesting to see how they evolve and change along the way.

So we will begin in Bebouwen. All our characters will be living there when the Gloom begins to make itself known. Now everyone else in Bebouwen takes one look at that thing and basically goes 'Fuck that! I'm out' and they just give up and leave as easily as that. But not our gang. For whatever reason, be it your character wants to defend their home or maybe they want to see the world outside of their little self-centred village, our group decides to set out and discover what's causing this gloom in the first place.

To clarify though, they don't set out to physically fight this evil, the Knights from the city can handle that. But instead, they decide to go and try to find out why this Gloom has appeared in the first place. They seek to find a definite cure, not just a temporary stoppage.

The Land of Valmaperä

(If you open the image in a new tab it will show the full map)

Legend

Vande - A port city built for Traders and Merchants. Not as big as the capital but it's equal in trade and wealth. Vande is very much a stop-over city, a common resting place on route for most travellers.

Bebouwen - A small farming village with a population of just about five hundred-ish. Many Fjord's surround the village, not to mention the Lake Nådig. This makes it a green fertile place.

Stor Ort - Valmaperä's mighty capital. The biggest, wealthiest and most opulent city in the whole land. Tis here where the Royal family resides, and all those who wish to lick their boots.

Slödder - A dirty little puddle of a place. More swamp and marsh than farmland. The living here is hard and the Crafters that live there are hardier still.

Början - Another port city, often the first port of call for travellers on the way to Stor Ort. People say the sand in the Eastern bay is real actual gold-dust.

Hjerte - Some call this the Capital for the Crafters. Not quite big enough to be deemed a city, but certainly the biggest Town in Valmaperä. Hjerte is a Crafters Hub, where people come to trade livestock, govern the land between themselves and make other such business.

Fredlig - Possibly one of the only coastal towns not inhabited and used by the rich Merchants. The town of Fredlig in a fishing one. So watch out for the smell if you ever visit here I suppose.

Rules

1) No godmodding straight into the IC please. If you've got an idea just run it by me first so we can check it fits in ok and everything

2) I don't have a particular posting requirement, as I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get posts in to an adequate length and quality. But if you wouldn't mind writing up some stuff when we need you to just so we don't get held up at all.

3)
    Try and make your characters unique in some way or form and different from others you see within the RP. For this one it's important your characters are strong to start with, but also have room for growth. So make sure they're solid. And if their is anything you're unsure of, just PM me and we'll see what we can do

4) I understand things I've said may be confusing or unclear so I cannot stress enough that I'm more than happy to discuss and answer anything you wanna say to me. Seriously, if anything, I'm eagerly waiting for discussion.

5) I've written quite a bit so far and in my opinion it's all stuff that needs to be read to understand where I'm going here. So just to check you're still with me, tell me a bad jokes about bees at the bottom of your character sheet please

6) Have fun... OR ELSE.

Character Sheet

Name:

Craft: (What does/did your character do for a job. Make sure it's more peasant-ish that snobbish)

Appearance: (Realistic Picture and/or description please)

About (General description and history of your character. It doesn't need to be highly specific and in-depth but enough for me to get a grip on what sort of person your character is exactly)

Accepted Characters

Spoiler: Sabyne Bader 

Other

Here be general notes and other bits and bobs I don't know where else to put.

This RP is generally Scandi and Nordic themed, so keep this is mind regarding theming, names or what have you.

Spoiler: Keywords - Places and Names to Copy and Paste if you want to. 

Spoiler: Different Crafts 

Last edited by BumblingBee; 11-18-2018 at 11:02 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, BumblingBee! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I may just creep out of inactivity for this. Sounds like it could be fun!

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

If I fits I sits... : 3

Sounds lovely.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Huzzah for interest!!

I was getting rlly sad that nobody seemed to like this one haha.

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bee why do you feckin do this

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This has most definitely caught my interest!

I might try my hand at a "witch" in the more historically-accurate sense of the word; basically, instead of a powerful spell caster a la Merlin or Harry Potter, she'd probably be more of a common herbalist or folk healer. Would that work?
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm deffo fine with that as long as she's not too powerful, so no real magic or anything like that. But I think that's pretty much what you're talking about anyway, so yeah, all good

also thank u for taking an interest in this i was rlly scared it wouldn't take off haha

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BumblingBee View Post
    I'm deffo fine with that as long as she's not too powerful, so no real magic or anything like that. But I think that's pretty much what you're talking about anyway, so yeah, all good

also thank u for taking an interest in this i was rlly scared it wouldn't take off haha
    Yeah, that's what I was going for. I imagine some people might think it's real magic depending on how superstitious they might be, but in reality her talents will be purely mundane.

I'll see if I can cook up a profile in the next few days.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast