Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Gangster's paradise is good to go apart from Stans response to the offer I think. I think we've decided that Kally doesn't have a lot to add to the Solvan subplot, so I just need to work something up for Tomas stuff gets added to that.
    My apologies on the delay with that, and everything else - work from home, or at least feeling guilty about my lack of productivity during the normal work hours and working later, has been destroying my writing productivity.

Gangster's Paradise is mostly set, and yes I still do have to finish of Stan's response, and hit a few more (belated...) character development notes. I also do have Kally's scene with Mari about the Exitus and arranging for the belated honeymoon nearing down the end - although, because I can't stop having ideas, I'd had some thoughts about a Kally and Crenshaw scene.

We have to show why they earned that best romantic couple award, after all and there should totally be an Alia and Tomas friendship scene, as but for all the hardware already they'd have had that award too and because I don't know when to quit having ideas - especially others!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    We have to show why they earned that best romantic couple award, after all and there should totally be an Alia and Tomas friendship scene, as but for all the hardware already they'd have had that award too and because I don't know when to quit having ideas - especially others!
    I've also been meaning to put Tom and Alia in a scene together, but I've yet to have an idea for a nice character-developing conversation that doesn't tread ground already covered elsewhere.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I've also been meaning to put Tom and Alia in a scene together, but I've yet to have an idea for a nice character-developing conversation that doesn't tread ground already covered elsewhere.
    Alia Machairi before the Inquisition and how she earned her interrogator's rosette?
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 05-13-2020 at 08:41 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

bold of you to assume she wasn't born with it.

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Letting Alia reminisce about her youth and the parallels / differences between her and her band of agents does sound pretty fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    I've also finished my post for the Legio Sirena.
    Damn it. One day you're going to stop writing so fast and let me have the satisfaction of having caught up on all my posts.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    bold of you to assume she wasn't born with it.
    I would be vanishingly surprised that were the case.

Inheritance would be fine if we were talking about most occupations within the Imperium, from the loftiest planetary governor cocooned in imported silks and entitled privilege to the lowliest tertiary-grade sanitation overseer who's assisted by the servo-skulls of their ancestors - plays beautifully back into the feudal, decaying structure of the Imperium in GrimDark. Inquisitors are something else entirely.

The late and unlamented Sidonis was notorious for his blatant use of authority and influence to further his own interests and - as well as investing individuals of increasingly questionable ability and / or sanity (see Massani - then Inquisitor who tried to kill Kally, Kelly, Marc and Vincent in their first outing, or that unnamed schmuck who went Don Quixote on the Tyranids with a regiment of Guardsmen) as his Interrogators - however even the old madman most likely wouldn't have been able to enact a Borgia-like nepotistic appointment of a relation, with not other qualification.

Even if he did, and Alia were a daughter or grand-daughter...that would be such an uninspired, uninspiring narrative handwave. We can assuredly do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Letting Alia reminisce about her youth and the parallels / differences between her and her band of agents does sound pretty fun actually.
    I know I'm curious, and it would work perfectly with Alia's present circumstances and all the other self-reflection going on with other characters from the Shadows arc - and if there's anyone who she'd have that conversation with, it's Tom.
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 05-14-2020 at 11:50 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Yes - I feel like Tom’s been a bit neglected in the latest arc (and I apologise for that, Dak).

I assumed that the implication wasn’t an inherited position but that she was just that badass. Like some sort of grimdark Boss Baby.

...which now I think about it is doubly funny because her namesake was a literal boss baby, being awakened to consciousnesss before she was even born.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

you misunderstand me. I meant to imply she leapt out of the womb smiting heretics

Her first judgement was on the fool that dared spank her bottom without asking first.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Alrighty got my bit added to the doc for the Vanquisher trap. Lemme know if any details need altering.
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

“When did the Death Korps ever want an easy task?”

Love it.

Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast