Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 75556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Next post for Imperial Shadows is done. Massive thanks to Paint for providing big chunks of the dialogue at the end and to him and Az for all the proof reading (and putting up with me being uncharacteristically slow . . .)
    That was an excellent PaintSerf impersonation. I'd judge it 4.7 out of 5.

But, seriously, no problem whatsoever - always a pleasure, never a chore!

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

In case anyone was wondering, Necromunda: Hired Gun is absolutely worth a buy
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've seen one review that was 'cautiously optimistic' and another that was 'yes amazing', so I think i'm going to spring for it. Its not my normal genre pick but it looks so gorgeous. . .

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I have fired off PM's. I might work on some more home front stuff until everything moves forward.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Imperial Shadows epilogue and next Patriot Dirt update are on my to-do list!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Reply for @Atrum Daemon; and @dakkagor; on Patriot Ground is scripted out but not fully written yet...so in the meantime I've posted a distraction for you both in the form of the next mission for the ship captains. Enjoy!

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Oh dear, Iric is going to bite off more than he can chew here. . .

On a minor continuity note, the astartes that brought the jotunhel to heel wore black armour. . .

“Black armoured Space Marines. Blue trim, white skull heraldry, silver eagle embossed on their torso plate.” Alyss made an 'interesting' noise. “That's interestingly specific. Have you ever seen a Chapter like that?”

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Oh dear, Iric is going to bite off more than he can chew here. . .
    I hope you don’t mind that I took his altercation with Alyss from the previous campaign and basically ran with it...

On a minor continuity note, the astartes that brought the jotunhel to heel wore black armour. . .
    Ah, my apologies. Fixed now.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I've been revisiting some of my prior lore I've shared here over the years and I was curious to see how Corilithia (Klemens and Remus' home sector) fared with the Great Rift opening up. It's good and bad news.

Forgive my poor paint skills.

I've always described the Vespasianus Sector as "Galactic North West" of the Tau Empire, and Corilithia to be to the "Galactic West" of Vespasianus. The good news is that they're on the safe side of the Rift, bad news is that means the Corilithian adjudication might very well still be happening. Unless the Corilithians capitulated shortly after the opening of the Great Rift, and in a rare display of common sense the Imperium didn't press the boot down too hard out of sheer desperation. Having just feared the loss of half their Imperium.

On the topic of Corilithia.

I also imagine Remus' time with his sister Inquisitor Chrysanta along The Ends was essentially a multiple decades long trip along the "Galactic South" slowly moving clockwise along the Imperiums borders until he was picked up by Carbon. Which should perhaps be a story in itself.

Klemens is a little harder as he would have had to campaigned his way until he was shuffled into the 94th Delphic regiment. I imagine he would have fought in a series of lightning insurrection campaigns along that spiral arm. Transited to further to the "Galactic West" across to the next spiral arm, for some kind of major campaign. Probably somewhere near Tallarn, the Corilithian Army Group being thoroughly depleted at this point and having to be shuffled into a few individual regiments attached to a new Army Group.

They begin moving "Galactic North" eventually get warped up somewhere near Armageddon due to another major campaign. This time any remaining Corilithians are shuffled into a single regiment, then attached to another Army Group. Then they keep moving "Galactic North" until they eventually meet the 94th Delphic in which there might only be platoons of Corilithians left, who are attached piecemeal as the 94th's Grenadier sections due to their tendency to give all their (Corilithia's) soldiers carapace armour.

Which just makes Klemens backstory even more brutal. Seeing thousands of his own people die around him, slowly being replaced by people from cultures he's never even heard of, then with the realisation that he's only being dragged further and further away from his home. No wonder he's sick of the Imperium.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 07-13-2021 at 07:00 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

It’s always an odd sensation when the new canon directly impacts your own little corner of the universe. I remember feeling amused and a little bit attacked when the fourth (?) edition Space Marine codex mentioned the Ultramarines as engaging Eldar around the something rift, with an arrow pointed to pretty much exactly where I imagined my craftworld to be by around M41.

Note that the Adrantis campaign is set in the early 600s of M41, whereas I don’t think the Great Rift happens until the late 900s, but then again time is a screwy thing in the 40K universe.

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 75556575859 ... LastLast