Thread: General Discussion

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Ship of Theseus
    If the story never ends, with the site and GM's ever changing, is it still the same story?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Well I’m definitely not the same GM I was a couple of years ago - a senior role at work has seen to that - but we’re still moving, slowly.

Glabrio gets a mention in the current WIP, which you’ll hopefully see if I get any time at all to action Paint’s comments.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Aye – would that I wrote as slowly now as I did years ago. I’d have so much more done – and hopefully, I’ll be able to get back to productive writing soon, as there’s a lot of scenes that should be done.

I expect in the Sapphira scenes that Glabrio might get an occasional mention (he understated massively) and if you’d wanted to have any interaction between Klemens and Stan / Nara / Ani or any of the Malfi Cartel (Amador, Bai, Dashing) now would be the better time to have a conversation.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Klemens and Stan / Nara / Ani or any of the Malfi Cartel (Amador, Bai, Dashing) now would be the better time to have a conversation.
    How do I join this? This going through PM's?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I can’t say I have anything active for Klemens, good sir.

If anything, that was more an open invitation if you wanted to begin one for him, or bounce some ideas on what could be a worthy scene for Klemens, and some of the many characters / NPCs available for scenes on Tephanie - albeit only the ones which I felt I had any reasonable stake in actually writing, and definitely emphasizing that they happen pre-Skorgulian (Campaign Two for the Patriot Agents) and pre-Marioch (Kally’s Campaign Two) as Klemens, with his lived experience, would likely have some decidedly different views on a few characters (“Saint Alicia” for one) after those campaigns are concluded.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Believe it or not, I am still making slow progress with the Tarpeian scene (which, I promise, will be at least somewhat relevant to Imperial campaign 2).

I think I also owe the Patriot ground crew a post, unless Atrum is mulling over an additional reply for the destruction maniple?

Speaking of the ground crew, the Imperial side is open to new applicants / units before their campaign 2 kicks off in the Coseflame caverns.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

OK, I think I've managed to shift my &^%$ing writers block. Lets get the Titans on the ground, and do Tranch.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Tranch is a fun one as it converges ground and void threads again. The crusaders have received the go order stating that the inquisition infiltration team succeeded in its mission to rig the lance satellite network to go offline when the fleet arrives (unbeknownst to them, the signal has been sent by a defector Glabrio, so things will get...rough for the imperial fleet).

Caiser's plan is to force a quick surrender through threat of orbital bombardment. One task force, including Vehemens, will move to threaten the capital hive and draw defending fleet assets. Another, including Impiger, will attempt to board and capture the planet's defensive orbitals. Shepherd gets the special mission of deploying titans directly to surface outside the capital hive, with the objective of knocking out enough of the shield generators to render the hive vulnerable to the bombardment threat of the first task force.

With that being the situation, I'd like you to let me know which elements of the Sirenia skitarii are being deployed in support of the titans, which are assisting with taking the orbitals, and which are to be held in strategic reserve.

(Jarms, there is of course room for both the Cadians and the Pillar of Intent in the wider context of these events)
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 12-11-2022 at 03:57 PM.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

For the direct drop of Titans, the Legio will only deploy the remaining Amazoneum as close guards for the Titans and Knights, as they can clamp on the Titans and ride down in the coffin ships and be ready as soon as the Titans themselves disembark.

For the orbitals, we'll be leading with a heavy force of the remaining combat servitors, skitarii vanguard and Sicarians under Hector Rho. This seems like an all-or-nothing mission so the only reserves will be the handful of remaining Onagers and a fast response force of Serberys riders and Sydonian dragoons to respond as needed. The expectation will be that the Onagers will drop and secure a safe FOB for the techpriests once the ground battle is won. A theoretical reserve could be scraped together from various Techpriestess bodyguards, but this would be a totally desperate throw of the dice if, for instance, a titan goes down and may be lost to the enemy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

My apologies on the delayed response to those PMs.

I received an early holiday gift of COVID and have been enjoying it, and my employer's shockingly awful bureaucracy, thoroughly for most of the week. Thankfully, I'm doing much better from earlier in the week, so I'll get back on with it.

Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 176566676869 ... LastLast