Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion and Idea

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Default Suggestion and Idea

Hey everyone! I'm Kris. (I'm just purple for cosmatic preference so don't let this scare you off)

Best known for ongoing Fantasy RPs called until kingom come, which I kinda hope to continue one day and this is why I'm turning to you all.

I really want to get this RP up and running again, but not at all cost, as I've seen people starting and leaving so I wanted some kind of fresh start, but before I tell you my idea I want to start this by getting stuff off my chest.

I am extremly busy lately. Started a new job a year ago, and it always seems to be picking up. Not saying is a bad thing, but when I do get home it's hard for me to pull myself together and write, which often makes 1x1 easier to pull off.

But, I do love writing, and I do miss the joy of group RPs, and I have idea that I want to share.

The idea involved around a small company in some kind of fictional world where humans and other creatures of nightmares or fairy tales living side by side (something close to the 'fables' series or 'wolves among us' if you will).

I already know that the big mayor of the current city that our company is at is a vampire that has his way of winning and tricking the town folks into thinking he is a great guy (while also chaning the way he looks so they never finding out he is the same guy that been elected 200 years ago), and other such stuff.

The world has very limited tech, think steam punk type of world, so it will make things easier for weird events to happen.

And here is our company at the core- We solve crimes, and help to take down creatures that overstep their deeds. There is unmentioned rules where creatures of the other world must never be known to normal humans, and anything that could risk it, gets our company some call.

The people working in the company are also such people that needs to hide something about themselves and this job helps them keep going, while also earning a living.

I wanted it to be in some kind of wild wild west setting, but I am still open to the ideas. The big deal of it also involes each chapter looking like some kind of fairy tales (exmaple, a missing person leaves behind a sport shoes (cinderella) or another case involving a mother seeking her 7 children (snow white) and more and more stuff, but it doesn't have to be focused about it, it's just a suggestion).

That's the basic of it, as my work keeps me busy I'll probably make this RP a bit slower with me updating things around the weekend, or asking people to go a bit slower.

I already told @Repent!; about this idea and would love to know who else might be into it.

And yes, I want this to be M rated, so keep this in mind as well.

Despite the fact of it being fantasy, I may need to move it to horror, but I am unsure yet. Whoever wants to give more ideas is welcome to post her or contact me in PMs.

Let me know who thinks this may suit him/her.

Kris out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I LOVE this idea and would join in a heartbeat!! Just reading this idea has me already brainstorming a couple characters for it.

But I want to suggest it not be wild wild west but be in an actual city/metropolis {New York, Los Angeles, etc.} and be modern with steampunk undertones. I'm currently working on a story for publication online like this {imagine an Elf spy on a motorcycle......in leather! }. And being mostly active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays would make it easy for me to follow pace.

Please make this happen!!

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Sure I can drop the wild west idea

But I don't want it to be set in too much of advance world either, more like the style of the world in 1980?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1980s works! I love this idea. I'm down for it and have at least two character in mind that I want to make for this!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Sorta like the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, or the M.I.B. - they quietly go in and try to contain it without exposing themselves. So any handy memory re-arranger macguffin to help keep things under wraps, or do you need to bring a witch in?
    Spoiler: いいいいいいいい √Ăłł Єѵł いいいいいいいい 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Well, that can work too as NPC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm excited! Do you have a particular layout for the character sheet or do you want to wait and see if more people are interested??

I wanna start! lol!!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

It's very Mercy Thompson, sounds fun. Not sure if I want to try out as a skinwalker or as a witch.
    Spoiler: いいいいいいいい √Ăłł Єѵł いいいいいいいい 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    It's very Mercy Thompson, sounds fun. Not sure if I want to try out as a skinwalker or as a witch.
    Your own chars will not be allowed to be too powerful anyway, so all good, we can work a nice little NPCs that can be used to clean up trouble, while you take control of something else.

Ideas in mind I had for working chars:

Banshie, werewolf, Imp, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking of using maybe a Supernatural and a Fairy Tale together as work partners. I think this idea would be super fun to RP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast