Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Once Cursed, Twice Damned {Lyra & Midori-Hime}}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He had no strength left in him to run or attempt a spell to evade the creature's claws and icy breath. He thought he was done for and he felt angry, disappointed that he had let himself be fooled so easily. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, praying for one last chance at life, when a tall, wide shadow fell on his face and an impressively big and powerful wolf rose from the smoke. He'd done it, he'd actually pulled it off. His lips pulled into a feeble smile before he collapsed on the floor, watching Theo's beastly, werewolf form tear into the creatures like they were made of air. He slowly turned to his side and flicked a middle finger to the sorcerer in the painting who, evidently annoyed and equally impressed, clicked his tongue and disappeared, readying a second batch of soul sucking monsters.

He huffed and puffed and coughed and turned to Theo, signaling that he was right there, sprawled on the floor and in need of assistance. "Down... here," he even mustered enough strength to speak but it was as though the wolf was unable to see him. "C-crap," he hissed, realizing that he couldn't be seen. He was a ghost, one about to die, whether from utter exhaustion, blood loss, or the loss of his soul, or everything combined. He wasn't sure if there was a surefire way to get out of this predicament, but for the first time since acquiring the box he wanted it destroyed and he intended to relay that message to Theo.

He reached out for one of the candles and slowly dragged it to his lips, so they almost touched the flame. "Exaudi me," he whispered in Latin, as the flame flickered and whispered back the same words. "Find me," he breathed into the flames which carried his words like a whisper through the air to Theo's ears. He breathed once more, barely, "destroy the b-box." And just like that, he lost consciousness, hoping Theo had heard him. He wasn't dead yet, his soul was still clinging to life but he was fading. The candle fell from his hands when they shimmered through it. He could no longer physically touch anything.

Meanwhile, the sorcerer was still seated in the library, feeling rejuvenated although he had yet to fully drain Matty's life source. He summoned another batch of monsters to stall Theo if he were to head towards the library before he began preparing himself for battle. He needed to keep the box safe, so he unhooked himself from it and placed it in an orb that levitated upwards towards the ceiling and stayed there in mid air. He put his robe back on and gave Matty's fire powers a quick test, but the more fuel he added, the more he risked to burn himself. "Hm, the boy's flames have a temper of their own, interesting," that was when he spied Matty's body lying on the floor, lifeless. "Leverage," he said, amused, elongating his arm to grab Matty by the foot and drag him closer.

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo's ears suddenly perked at the sound of a soft shuffling, turning sharply to find nothing but a lone candle, though as it's flame flickered softly, he could just barely make out the warlock's words. And then with the last words, instructions for Theo, the candle tipped over and rolled before going out. Theo's heart started to race. Mathian's voice had sounded so frail and he couldn't help but feel that the rising smoke of the snuffed out candle was some sort of ominous foreshadowing.

He had to find Mathian, or what was left of him, and fast. Fortunately after spending this much time around the witch, he was starting to get a memory of his scent. The beast went bounding out of the room, trying to track down the source of Matty's scent through this maze of a castle. Though as he neared a room that was strong with his scent, he could see more of those dark creatures coming for him. Theo moved from all fours to stand on his hind legs, towering over the things and swiping at them with his massive claws, tearing into them as his vicious snarls echoed through the hall.

This was obviously a distraction, which only enraged Theo more and he made quicker work of them than maybe the sorcerer might have anticipated. A moment later, Theo's hulking form came bursting through the library doors, covered in the monsters' gore. He didn't have to look far to find the man, just as he had finished dragging Mathian's body across the floor. Amber eyes fell on the warlock's pale face, but it almost felt as if Mathian wasn't even really there anymore. Was he too late? The sight of the man's hand on Matty only angered the beast further and he let out a furious roar that nearly shook the objects in the room, his lips curled back to show his teeth. Theo then lowered his head, dropping down on all fours to stalk the man, waiting for the right moment to lunge and rip the bastard's throat out.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the wolf roared, the walls shook and the sorcerer braced himself, unsure whether the wolf would lunge forward or be deterred by the sight of the witch's lifeless body. He smirked when the wolf chose to wait and witness how carelessly and mockingly he threw Mathian's body in front of him, almost as bait, to taunt him. He cracked his neck, breathed in, and relished in the newfound energy and the youth that had returned to his body. He was ready for a fight, but he wasn't pleased he had to fight a werewolf, so he took his time as he came up with a proposition.

"You know, I was planning to release you and let you on your merry way out, but the boy just had to thwart my plans. A clever one, don't you agree, but weak," he spoke with chirpy contempt, giving Mathian a kick in his side. "I have decided to be generous again, nonetheless. I have no need of you and you have no need of him." The sorcerer offered to release him unharmed if he were to just look the other way. He deemed them an odd pair, a witch and a werewolf... they just didn't mix. Moreover, seeing one abandon the other in the face of peril would make his day.

"Don't dare think for a second if the tables were turned he wouldn't take it. Witches are fickle," he ended with a chuckle, summoning another beast from the box that was hovering up in the air. This one was larger, much more fierce, and it was imbued with fire. When it fell to the floor, the tiles cracked upon impact and dust flurried into the air. "But werewolves are dimwitted, they tell me. Would you care to prove them wrong?" The sorcerer said as the monster roared back at the wolf, at the beck and call of its master.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The wolf seemed momentarily startled as the warlock's seemingly lifeless body was tossed at him. His ears that had perked at the sudden movement were now pinned back as a deep, vicious snarl ripped from the beast's chest. The snarl only grew into a furious growl as the man tauntingly kicked Mathian's body. He knew it was only to get a rise out of him, but he couldn't help the rage that coursed through his body at the sight. He was going to pay for this, Theo swore it.

Though something the sorcerer said then pierced through his anger and made Theo pause. It was true, witches were not trustworthy beings and Mathian was no different. Amber eyes flickered to the witch's blank, pallid face and he did begin to wonder what Mathian would do if he was in Theo's position. Of course he'd saved him from the mirrored plane; but was that simply for his own benefit, because he needed Theo to save his ass? He'd often been told that witches were manipulative and conniving; that they'd befriend you as easily as they'd stab you in the back the moment they believed it would further their own goals.

However, as Theo pondered his doubts, his golden gaze fell to the scratch on Mathian's cheek. What was Mathian's reasoning for saving him then? He had selflessly risked his own life to save Theo, and that went against everything he'd come to expect from a witch. Unfortunately, it seemed he had run out of time to consider his options any further, as the sorcerer was already making his next move. Regardless of what Mathian would choose, were their places reversed, Theo had already made his choice.

Theo's attention turned to the newly conjured beast of fire, shying away from the flying embers for only a moment before he shifted on his feet, readying to attack the massive creature. "Hold on Matty... Please, just wait a little longer." His thoughts echoed, though he wasn't sure if they could reach Mathian any longer. Seeing as he'd made his choice, the creature came for him, his heavy, crushing steps making the room tremble. How was he supposed to attack a beast of fire? Theo dared to attempt a strike with his claws, but the heat was too much and the werewolf quickly staggered back. Perhaps if he could get the beast to chase him, it would give him an opportunity to take down the sorcerer? Hopefully this was the sort of magic being that would simply perish at his master's death.

Theo backed away, trying to buy himself time to plot out his next move. Though it seemed things were working in his favor as the beast started to make a move towards him. However, Theo had overlooked one crucial detail. This left Matty's body vulnerable and it seemed the creature was not so entirely simple minded as it changed it's course for the warlock's fragile body. Theo reacted with out thinking, diving for his partner as the creature raised it's foot to crush him. Mathian's body was tossed out of the way, sliding across the room until it hit the corner with a dull thud, just moments before the creature's foot came down on Theo's torso. The werewolf let out a canine-like yelp before managing to scramble away, holding his side. He panted hard, trying to recover for a moment as the creature came for him again.

He just barely managed to dodge another attack from the hulking beast, shying away from the immense heat. Theo grabbed any nearby furniture he could manage, chucking it at the creature, but it did little more than slow it down. He had to think of some way to take this thing down, and fast. Mathian might already be out of time and he was at a major disadvantage with broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder. There was only one thing he could think of that would put out fire, but he wasn't going to find that here. Or was he? Theo suddenly spotted a vase of wilted flowers sitting on the mantle. It wouldn't do much, if there even was any water left in it, but just maybe... Without another thought, Theo swiped at the porcelain vase with a paw, sending it crashing against the firey creature's shoulder. It hissed and crackled as the water doused it's flame, if only a little. But it seemed it was enough to leave Theo an opening. In the blink of an eye, Theo lunged at the creature, his fangs sinking deep into it's throat, tearing it wide open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The sorcerer's efforts to thwart his opponent by offering him a simple way out foiled. The foolish wolf clearly liked the warlock, which the sorcerer thought to be nonsensical. Werewolves and witches were simply a terrible match, by all accounts. Had history not taught them anything? Alas, it mattered not, for the wolf had little chances of victory. The man's lips pulled into a contemptuous smirk as he outstretched his long, slender arms and sicced the beast at the wolf. Both moved skillfully but the beast's flames were something the wolf could not compete with, the sorcerer reckoned. The flames were of Mathian's design, or at least, his magic. They made the beast stronger as time passed, though the sorcerer wondered how. The warlock, as frail as he was in body, appeared to have had quite a powerful magical core and the sorcerer found it odd that he hadn't used any of it. Perhaps his technique was flawed, the man concluded.

When the snarling beast, pulled out of hell itself by the looks of its dreadful, bloody eyes and a full-on flaming coat, shifted its focus on the warlock's soulless body, the sorcerer's heart beat at a quickened pace. He wished to see it rip the boy's body apart. But the wolf butted in and risked his own tail to save him. The sorcerer shook his head and heaved a dramatic sigh, saying,

"It is futile, wolf, turn tail and run while you still can. There is nothing left to save," he spoke loudly and boisterously, firmly believing that the warlock was no more. His pulse was inaudible, the taste of his soul almost entirely faded. Yet the wolf pressed on, combating the fires with a handful of water, which made the sorcerer laugh out loud, applauding his attempt. It stopped being rib-tickling, though, when the wolf aimed his claws at the beast's throat and sliced it open. The sorcerer's smile turned into a frown, and his eyes narrowed, as the beast fell with a loud thud, seemingly lifeless, its hind legs twitching. The wolf was just lucky, he thought. There wasn't much to his strength and technique. He clicked his tongue and whispered, Iterum, and the beast rose again, revived and more powerful, its flames now hotter, its growl deeper and more resounding, its claws sharper and longer, its desire to rip Theo apart doubled. The sorcerer had tapped into Mathian's magic source once more but this time, he felt a chill run down his spine. There was something odd about the boy's magic, that much was certain. He ignored the warning and pressed on, granting more power to the beast which waited no longer and lunged at the wolf, this time though, the beast seemed more reckless and in a frenzy.

Attack the warlock, consume his body, the sorcerer commanded his risen beast but the message didn't seem to get through.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo panted, taking a moment after his victory to glance towards the seemingly lifeless warlock. Was it true what the sorcerer had said? Was he really too late to save Matty? His sensitive ears could pick up something faint, erratic... A heart beat? Unfortunately Theo's attention would be quickly forced away from the warlock when he heard movement coming from what he thought was his fallen enemy. Shit... Theo thought dismally as he watched the firey creature rise once again, somehow even more fierce and powerful than before. Theo shied back from the heat of it's flames, though at the same time there was something oddly familiar about this heat.

It was then that Theo finally realized just how sinister the sorcerer's plan was. The werewolf let out an angry snarl, baring his fangs. He was done fucking around and was going to take this bastard out. One way or another...

Theo was ready for the beast as it lunged for him this time. He waited until the last moment to dodge, which the creature didn't seem to be anticipating and ran headlong into a set of bookshelves, toppling them over. He then took the opportunity to attack the creature from behind, ignoring the searing pain from the flames. The creature would quickly come for him again, but Theo could tell that something was off this time. It no longer seemed to have the focus it once did, instead attacking him rashly and wildly, which only made it easier to dodge.

Risking a glance over at the sorcerer, it seemed not even he knew why his own creation was acting this way. And more importantly, it seemed he didn't have any control over it any longer. It was becoming even more unstable by the second, attacking not only Theo but anything that got in it's way. Which gave the werewolf an idea. He put himself between the beast and the sorcerer, luring it with more thrown furniture which only served to irritate it further. Theo then crouched, looking ready to lunge for the beast when it turned and came barrelling towards him. Yet instead, the wolf leapt up ontop of one of the shelves, just in time to miss the creatures attack... and sent it flailing right towards his creator. The sorcerer would have to defend himself from his own creature, which was the opening Theo was looking for.

Despite being so massive, werewolves were extremely agile and Theo easily leapt down behind the sorcerer in his distraction, knocking him down and keeping him pinned with his large paws, claws digging into his flesh. Before the man could utter another spell, Theo's jaws would clamp down on the sorcerer's throat, silencing him finally. Though he would hate himself for it later, the beast in him reveled in the taste of the hot blood pouring over his tongue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The sorcerer fought hard to keep his grip on the beast's frenzied mind, but each time he tried to complete a spell, he felt a massive force of disapproval block his way. It was difficult to keep track of the wolf's clever movements, especially now that it appeared he had caught wind of the sorcerer's inability to sic the beast at him. Alas, the beast still lunged after him and gave the sorcerer some room to think the young warlock's magic through. It was as though a powerful restriction spell had been cast on the youth's powers. The sorcerer had already discovered that the boy had been banished from his ancestral coven, therefore severing the link. But the youth still drew power from somewhere. At first, the sorcerer thought the boy still had some connections left in the ancestral plane, which enabled him to cast spells. The sorcerer relied pricisely on that magic.

The sorcerer was utterly confused, though. So much so that he barely noticed the beast coming at him, barring its sharp teeth and wagering a quick kill. His eyes shot wide open, petrified at first, but soon prepared. He uttered a quick bone breaking spell, repeating the incantation, Ossox several times until the beast fell to the floor, crying out in such a shrill voice that it almost muffled the sounds of the bones in his legs shattering to pieces. The sorcerer was about to breathe a sigh of relief and put an end to the wolf by shattering his skull when he realized the wolf was nowhere in sight. Panic overcame his reason and made him an attempt at crushing Mathian's heart with a powerful and dreadful spell. When he opened his mouth to speak the words Le specto tre colo ves bestia, he found himself incapacitated and his face met the floor. The wolf had ambushed him, having struck from behind. The sorcerer squirmed and fought back but the wolf's strength was no match for him.

His eyes almost popped out of his head when he bid down hard on his tongue, feeling the metallic taste of blood fill his mouth. He wanted to shout and scream but he could not. Tears welled up in his eyes as he shook uncontrollably, trying to cast a spell in his mind, grasping at straws. He invoked the boy's magic once more, and again, and again, until he felt its effect. He could not speak but if he drew enough, perhaps he could overpower the wolf and deliver one final blow. But he must have sought too much, for the restriction spell was activated to its fullest and used the sorcerer's heart crushing spell against him. He died momentarily, the expression on his face frozen at its more desperate. The word 'finis', Latin for 'end' appeared on his arm, carved into his skin.

The box, which had been floating above them, fell to the floor with a thud, breaking away from the sorcerer's barrier spell.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo released his grip only when he was certain the sorcerer was dead an could no longer harm them. His golden eyes wandered over the writing which seemed to have been carved into the man's arm. He didn't know Latin, but he could make an educated guess as to what it said. Was this really over? Theo wasted no more time, drawing back from the body as he shifted back to his human form. Even though werewolves healed most rapidly during the transition, Theo could really feel his injures now that the adrenaline starting to leave his body. He held his side with his good arm as he stood over the dead sorcerer then, once again in his bare human form. His body glistened with blood and sweat as he stared down at his enemy, before he was quickly brought back to the task at hand, hearing the wooden box suddenly clatter again the marble floor.

Destroy the box... There was no longer any hesitation as Theo snatched the box up from the floor and began searching for something he could use to destroy it. Would smashing it be enough? He had his doubts. No they had to be rid of it once and for all. Suddenly Theo's eyes fell on the crackling fireplace at the center of the room and quickly rushed over. Without another thought, the wolf tossed the cursed thing into the fire, watching with satisfation as it started to catch, hissing and crackling. Suddenly it seemed to shriek, the sound making Theo jolt, just as a strange smoke came billowing from it. Mathian... Theo thought, instantly turning back to the warlock's body.

His bare feet padded across the marble floor as he ran to Mathian's side, carefully drawing his limp body into his arms. "Mathian? It's done... It's all over." He said anxiously, putting a hand to his cheek. The werewolf then sucked in a breath, his amber eyes widening. The warlock's skin was as cold as ice. "Matty! Come on, wake up!" He said louder now, shaking him gently. Suddenly Theo leaned in, placing his head to Mathian's chest, holding his breath as he waited and listened... But he couldn't hear anything anymore. Was he too late after all? "No, no, no! Dammit! Come on Matty!" He yelled now, shaking his body harder, his breaths now harsher and erratic. "Please..." His voice then came as a weak whimper, pleading with the warlock. "I know we're not the most compatible... But you're still my partner. You can't just leave me like this."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The flaming beast perished upon the death of its master. There was nothing more than ash where it once stood. The sorcerer's body shriveled beyond recognition, his hair turned grey, his body just skin and bone. He died cursing the wolf, the warlock youth, as well as his own miscalculations. The box, too, met its end in a blazing fire and it released what it had captured. Not just Mathian's soul, but the souls of many others before him. But they had nowhere to go, no life left to lead, they could only die completely, in peace. Mathian's soul, too, was called forth by death, but he wished not to follow, for his body was right there and he still felt connected to it. The soul returned to the body, but the body was too weak to recover instantly. Instead, the process began slowly. First there was a slight shiver, then shallow, unnoticeable breathing. Warmth returned to his skin, first he was cold as ice, and then a bit lukewarm.

In the midst of the haze, hearing returned to his ears, although everything was muffled. He heard a familiar voice calling out to him, urging him not to surrender. There came a slight twitch of the fingers and a loose grip. His heart beats were like rapid fire before they settled down and became steady. It was time for the eyes to open, and they did, only slightly. The light was hurting them and everything was a blur. The mouth let out a low moan, recognizing that everything, every bone, every muscle in his body hurt like a bitch. He began to shiver and convulse, grabbing Theo tightly as an intense feeling of fear and shock attacked him. He began to cough uncontrollably, there was some inward and outward bleeding involved as well. It took him a moment to calm down, and when he did, his glassy eyes fell on Theo. He stared at him, completely dazed, his thoughts unclear.

"Sh--it. Hurts," he gasped, unable to lay still. "Did you... wh--ere..." it was difficult to string words together. In the end, he gave a feeble laugh and managed to say, "No m-more deli--veries." The state of lucidity lasted briefly and he fell back unconscious, this time only sleeping. He needed to rest and recover. There was much to do afterwards. He stayed close to Theo though, unaware he was huddling for warmth.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo cursed himself for taking too long and quickly drew Mathian to him, burring his face into his shoulder, fisting the back of his shirt in his hands. "I'm sorry... s-so fucking sorry-" He breathed, tears prickling at the corners of his eyes. However, a moment later he was startled the sound of a rapid heartbeat. Mathian's heart beat. Theo immediately jerked his head back to look over the warlock's face, putting a hand to his cheek. He felt warmer now... and color was returning to his face. Finally those cool grey eyes fluttered open and Theo felt relief wash over him. He was alive...

As the warlock clung to him suddenly, his body trembling, Theo held him tighter to his chest. "Easy~, It's alright... It's all over. You'll be fine." He muttered to his partner, though he wasn't sure who he was really trying to reassure, Mathian or himself. Theo then relaxed his arms a bit as Mathian rasped out a few words. Those golden brown eyes widened for a moment before he let out a breathless laugh of his own. "Yeah... No more deliveries." He agreed, though his smile faded a bit as Mathian fell unconscious once again in his arms. But his heart was still beating and the werewolf was confident that he would survive. He just needed rest... They both did. Though his bones were on the mend, dark purple bruises blossomed over his ribs and his shoulder was still out of place. Something Mathian would have to help him with once he was finally awake.

It suprised him how Mathian still clung to him, even in sleep, but he suspected it had to do with a need for warmth so he shifted the warlock carefuly to rest against his chest as he held him with his good arm. The castle was now eerily silent, even more so than before, but he no longer felt unnerved as he had before. Theo felt that they would be safe for the time being and brought Mathian back up to his room, carefully laying him back in the large bed. He then found the bathroom to wash the grime off his body, as well as a new pair of clothes to change into. He was glad to see Mathian hadn't budged an inch when he returned. Theo climbed up onto the bed next to the warlock, pressing his head to his chest once more to be reassured by the steady pulse of his heart beat. Drawing back slowly, Theo let out a sigh, watching the man sleep for a moment longer before he collapsed beside him in exhaustion. He laid spread out on his stomach, face half pressed into the pillows with his damp hair spilling over his face, fast asleep in a matter of minutes.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast