Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Once Cursed, Twice Damned {Lyra & Midori-Hime}}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The body could not heal overnight, but a good night's rest was enough to calm and reboot the mind. All sore and stiff, he woke up with a throbbing headache, pulsing eyes, chapped and pale lips, and a desperate need to stretch. He knew not where he was, although it was soft, smooth and warm. Drawn by the warmth of another body lying next to him, he pressed against it, unaware he was snuggling up to none other than Theo. He closed his eyes once more, his mind foggy and unclear, and tried to fall asleep again but the pain and soreness he was feeling wouldn't let him rest any more. He rubbed his eyes and slowly returned to his senses. He was lying face to face with his partner, their foreheads almost touching. The wolf's expression was calm and peaceful, and his breath hot upon Mathian's skin.

Mathian did nothing but stare at the man, wondering what had happened, how they ended up asleep, and how come he was even more handsome up close. He then lifted his head and caught sight of the wolf's mangled body. There was blood and tar everywhere, and a wretched smell. Confusion washed over his face. He wondered if they had won. The last thing he remembered was trying to do a summoning spell. He fell back on the soft pillow and rolled away from the wolf, finding being so close to him a bit uncomfortable. As he moved, he could feel the weight of his bones and muscles and he moaned and hissed whenever he put pressure on his joints.

"I'm alive..." that was when it dawned on him. He felt happy as well as disappointed but not because he wanted to die, but because he had let himself be manipulated into such a devious plot. He hoped the sorcerer was dead or, even better, barely clinging to life so he could end him himself.

He wanted to sit up at the edge of the bed but he found no strength in him yet. Instead, he moved back to the wolf and tried to nudge him awake, whispering in a hoarse tone of voice. His throat also felt sore. "Theo... wake up, what happened? Can you move?" His body looked frail but his eyes showed no signs of weakness.

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

At the sound of Mathian's voice, Theo stirred for the first time since he'd collapsed in that bed. There was movement under the wolf's eyelids and then slowly his nose wrinkled and his brow furrowed, until Mathian nudged him again. With a startled gasp, amber eyes suddenly snapped open and Theo grabbed at Mathian's wrist defensively, until he finally came to his senses. His eyes widened spotting his partner there, awake and staring at him. "Mathian-" Theo bolted upright, seemingly forgetting about his displaced shoulder until he was abruptly reminded by that pain that shot through his arm. Theo howled and cursed as he immediately flopped over onto his back, his good arm going to hold his bruised and swollen shoulder.

His glanced to Mathian apologetically, as he face was still twisted in a grimace. "My shoulder's dislocated. I tried popping it back in myself but I couldn't get it. T-thought maybe you could help... once you woke up." He explained, as he was sure his reaction probably startled the warlock a bit. He knew it was going to hurt like a bitch after waiting so long, but he'd just have to suck it up. Though, how long had it been, Theo wondered, glancing towards the window to judge what time of day it was. Perhaps some time in the afternoon? But they had to have been asleep for more than just a few hours, he imagined.

Theo then turned his attention back to his partner, looking him over. He still looked worn and pale, but he seemed well enough. Most importantly... He was alive. "For a minute there... I thought I'd lost you. Glad to see you made it." He said with a small chuckle, which only made him wince again. His ribs had mostly healed, the bruises on his side already changing from purple to shades of yellow and green. However, it was still quite tender. "Once my shoulder is fixed up, we should get the hell out of here."

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mathian drew back with pain when Theo seized his wrist, trying to break free but the wolf was quicker to release him. He was as startled as Mathian and in as much pain. The sorcerer sure did a number on them. What was more surprising, if not sweet, was that Theo had stuck around and helped him out. He hadn't been entirely sure that summoning Theo was the best course of action, but it was his only option. If the roles had been reversed, he thought, he wasn't sure he would have done the same. But now he had a chance to make up for it.

He didn't expect to hear Theo say he was glad he had made it, though. He was caught a bit off guard and his heart fluttered slightly. The wolf's chuckle seemed kind of sweet even, but the way he stood there in pain also made Mathian shudder. "Well, pests are hard to get rid of," he joked, slowly pushed himself up to sit on the bed, doing his best to breathe steadily and relax. His whole body was stiff and any sudden movement made the pain worse.

"It's not gonna be a walk in the park, you know," he said, looking at his swollen shoulder. "Lie on your back," he crawled over to the wolf and grabbed his wrist with both hands. Once the wolf did as instructed, he moved over to stand on the side of his injured shoulder. Holding his wrist with both hands, he tried to keep the arm straight and leveled. "Ready?" he asked but he didn't wait for Theo to respond. He started to slowly move his arm toward his head while also making a small circular, up-and-down movement. He tried to be gentle but firm as he moved the arm above his head and kept rotating it. He placed his knee on Theo's side to prevent him from squirming too much as he tried to ignore his cries and growls. Suddenly, he heard a popping sound and hoped he was successful. "Don't move too much, keep steady," he finished by bending his arm at the elbow and securing it close to his chest. "Better?"

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo blinked as Mathian made a playful jab at himself and he couldn't help a small laugh before immediately wincing. "O-ow! Fuck. Don't make me laugh-" He gasped, his hand dropping to his ribs. "We're even now, okay? You saved my ass... and I saved yours." He said sternly as he watched Mathian get up. He could tell the warlock was still in a good amount of pain as well.

He then nodded at Mathian's warning. "Yeah... I know." He sighed and then shifted on his back, giving him room to work. The muscles were stiff and swollen, which would make getting the bone back in place all the more difficult... and painful. "But I've dealt with worse." He added, shivering as Mathian took his wrist in his hands. The wolf closed his eyes for a moment, taking a slow breath to prepare himself. Though before he could say wether he was really ready or not, the warlock started to work his arm back into the socket. Theo immediately tossed his head with a yell before gritting his teeth. He was doing his best not to move while keeping his breaths even, but it wasn't easy.

The wolf growled, squeezing his eyes shut as he tried to deal with the pain as best he could. However, it didn't help when the warlock suddenly put weight on his bruised side. Or maybe it did, as Theo's reflexive jerk was suddenly followed by a pop in his shoulder. It felt almost immediately better, but his shoulder was still extremely sore. "Y-yeah... Thanks." He breathed, giving himself a moment to relax. He could already feel the muscles starting to mend as Mathian laid his arm there and he would be ready to go in a short while. "Now that that's out of the way, how do you supposed we get out of here? Where ever 'here' is?" He asked, tilting his head to look up at the warlock. " Of course it couldn't be as simple as portaling home, right?"
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 03-25-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There wasn't much else Mathian could do to alleviate Theo's healing process, for his magic had gravely faded. Frankly, he was a bit taken aback for even thinking about it. A long time had passed since he helped anyone... and anyone helped him. He didn't know how to feel about the change and he didn't have time to either. He fell back onto the softness of the mattress and the silky linens, stretching his arms above his head and breathing deeply. He thought about what the wolf had said for a moment and for the first time since they began taking up such reckless endeavors, Mathian had no clue about their next move.

"Well," he paused for a few moments and continued, "I have no idea." He pulled himself up on his elbows and looked at the wolf, "The box is gone, right? Doubt we can go back the same way we came." He didn't want to admit that he could not portal them back because he was too weak or not juiced up enough on other witches' magic since he did not have his own. Somehow, he didn't want Theo to know that and think badly of him. "I need to recover, I can't do it right away," he planned to give himself enough time to figure out or read up on a potion that would carry them away and drop them close to the seathold. He reckoned he'd have good chances at finding it in the library and plenty of ingredients in the kitchen.

"I'm hungry," he switched the topic, hearing his stomach rumble. Slowly, he rolled to the edge of the bed and touched the cold, marble floor with his weary feet. A chill shot through him as he stood up, cracked his neck and began heading out. "We should search the castle, too. There might be something. Whenever you're ready," he said, giving Theo a brief glance over the shoulder before he pulled the door open and went out.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo waited with baited breath for Mathian's next brilliant plan to get them out of this situation, but was sorely disappointed to find out he had none. But then even he knew that the only way they were going to get out of here was with magic, and Mathian was obviously in no shape for that yet. Even with how badly he wanted to get out of this place, truth be told, Theo could go for some more rest as well. Before he got tossed around in another one of his partner's schemes.

The wolf then blinked at the sound of Mathian's rumbling stomach and smirked a little. Now that he thought about it, he could go for some food as well. He lazily watched Mathian roll out of bed, but as the warlock headed for the door he shifted to sit up right suddenly. "Hey! Wait up!" He called out, wincing as he held his arm to his chest, struggling to get out of bed. Though nothing had come to bother them this whole time, he was not about to be left alone in this creepy ass castle again. Theo cradled his injured arm as he hurried after Mathian and followed him down into the kitchen.

As they walked, he decided to fill Mathian in on everything that had happened with the sorcerer. From the moment Mathian summoned him from the mirrored realm to the creature he was forced to fight in the library. He mentioned how the sorcerer seemed to channel Mathian's flames somehow, until something went horribly wrong. And how he'd used the sorcerer's lack of control over his minion against him... before he ended him. Though, he still couldn't be sure that he was entirely responsible for the man's death. "After that... I grabbed the box and threw it into the fireplace. It seemed the surest way to destroy it, like you said. But you didn't wake, and I thought... perhaps I was too late." He said quietly, frowning down at his feet, as though the thought still really bothered him. Theo then shook the thought, looking to the warlock with a smirk. "But it's as you said, 'pests are hard to get rid of'," He joked as they entered the kitchen.
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 03-26-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Slowly but surely, they made their way to the kitchen. Mathian hoped he'd find more than food in the cupboards. They both needed medicine, a healing salve for all the bruises and the scabbed wounds. He listened half-heartedly to Theo's story, still feeling a bit dull. The castle was quiet and uneventful, no one else but the sorcerer seemed to have occupied it. Except for the creature Theo was describing. He was still slightly amazed at himself for pulling Theo out of that mirror. He wasn't an expert summoner but, apparently, he wasn't too shabby either. Theo had made it out of that place in one piece. The next part of the story startled him and he perked up to listen more intently.

"Did... did some kind of writing appear on his skin?" he finally asked, faltering about as they entered the kitchen. He knew then what had happened. The sorcerer had withered away, undone by the very power he was trying to steal. How foolish of him, Mathian thought. Ancestral magic was a dangerous thing, especially when one was forbidden from using it. He didn't want Theo to know that, though, so he quickly changed the topic. "Anyway, it doesn't matter, forget I asked. He's dead now" He walked over to the cupboards and the fridge, and luckily found them full. He pulled out a tray of meat and placed it on the small, round table in the center of the room. There was some bread lying around also, and some fresh vegetables. He brought two plates as well and sat at the table, ready to dig in.

"So you thought you lost me, huh? Attached much?" his lips pulled into a smug smirk. He was obviously teasing him. At the same time, he pulled out a drumstick and sunk his teeth into it, savoring the taste. The bread was a bit stale but not the worst thing he tasted. The tomato he bit into was a bit sour though and made him pull out a shuddery grimace but he washed it down with a glass of water. "Did you cry a little?" he laughed and grunted softly, feeling much better.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo looked to Mathian sharply, blinking. "Uh, Yeah... 'Finis'? or something like that-" He said as he gave the warlock a suspicious look, wondering how he knew that. Though before he could ask, Mathian was quickly brushing it off and changing the topic, which in turn only made Theo more suspicious. But he let the warlock keep his secrets for now. To be honest, he wasn't exactly sure he wanted to know...

He watched Mathian get to work emptying the cupboards and laid the spread out over the table. Surprisingly, the warlock even grabbed a plate for him as well. Theo took a seat and began to fill his plate, when Mathian's comment made him pause. He snorted, "You wish... I just knew you were probably my only ticket out of this shithole. And besides, you know what would happened if I returned to HQ without my partner." He added that last bit with a grim look.

He took some ham as well as the other drumstick for himself before starting to dig in. He plucked a few fat grapes from the bunch and buttered a piece of bread when Mathian's little joke made him pause. Theo shot a glare at the warlock before quickly rolling his eyes. "Shut up and eat." He said bluntly before taking a big bite of meat. There might have been tears in his eyes, but he didn't cry. And even if he did, he sure as shit wasn't going to admit that to him. Though he had convinced himself that there was another cause for his tears and it certainly wasn't for the reason Mathian was suggesting.

On another note, it seemed that Mathian was feeling better now that he had some food in him. And he was feeling better as well. Theo could feel his arm healing quickly now that it was set properly, though his muscles were still going to ache for quite a while. God what he wouldn't give to be back in his own bed. He popped a large grape in his mouth, chewing slowly before spitting out the seed. "So, what exactly are we 'searching the castle' for?" He asked, changing to the subject of getting home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He tilted his head to one side, his small mouth twisted in a wispy, petulant smile. "Aye, aye, so touchy," he said, reaching for a plump peach, having chewed the meat off the drumstick. He finger-wiped it clean and tore into it, all the juices came dripping around his mouth. He licked his glazed lips clean and leaned against his elbow, his slender fingers brushing against his cheek. The peach was neither too sweet nor too sour, it was just the right amount of succulent. His taste buds tingled and a low moan escaped him. He took another bite, fixating his gaze on Theo.

"Well, I want what he has. Everything I can use," he said, acting with good sense. The spooky sorcerer lived alone in a massive castle, clearly magic herbs, ingredients, and other items must be in abundance. He had no intention of leaving without profiting. "Since it looks like all we do is pro-bono, we might as well salvage what is left in our wake," he jested and finished off the peach in two subsequent bites throwing away the seed. He used a nearby tea towel to wipe his hands. He noticed the bruises and the cuts he'd made to draw blood for the ritual circle and remembered the one he had on his cheek. It was rough to the touch and even though it would eventually disappear, he could take care of it with the rest.

"One of the perks of being a witch," he showed Theo the cuts, "I get to enjoy being on the mend a lot longer," he sounded off sarcastically and rose to his feet. He went through the cupboards and found some mountain rose herbs, lavender, and cedarwood he could use for a quick healing salve... if he could get his hands on a handful of fauna ingredients as well, the creepy kind. By the fridge there was a badly hinged door to what looked like a pantry. Most of the shelves were empty but the sorcerer still had some blindworms in store, as well as planarians, a jar full of eyes floating in gooey water, lizard tails, snake tongues, bones, a jar of sea cucumbers and what looked like a bloated axolotl also stuffed in a jar, and a number of other, mostly dead, things. Each ingredient carried a different scent and all of them combined could make an untrained nose rather nauseous.

He grabbed what he needed, which was a spoonful of blindworms and a lizard's tail, and laid them all out on the table. "I'm gonna make a healing salve," he said, picking up a bowl and a spoon. He thought about asking if Theo needed one, and after a short debate, hesitantly, he asked, "Do you need some?" He avoided looking at him, though, and added a warning, "It stings a lot."

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo ignored the comment, simply going about finishing his meal when he heard the warlock moan. Amber eyes instantly flickered up to meet Mathian's cold grey stare, before they dropped down to his glistening lips. A moment later he averted his gaze back to the food on his plate. His expression was blank, except that his throat moved with a hard swallow. He was just a little keyed up was all, or so he told himself.

However, the warlock's answer drew his attention once again. He frowned a little at first, not too keen on the idea of ransacking the place. But why not? Mathian made a good point, and really why shouldn't they take what they could after the bastard tried to off them both? Though there was only one problem with that. "Everything you can use..." He repeated. Of course, any spoils they gathered would likely only benefit the warlock. "Seems like I'm always getting the short end of the stick..." He added with a small pout.

Though the wolf's eyes then shifted to Mathian's hands, looking over his small wounds. "Well... I guess there's that." He joked, but the humor didn't quite reach his eyes. It had been a rough couple of days for the both of them. Theo quickly finished up his meal as Mathian raided the sorcerer's pantry. He couldn't possibly be looking for more food, could he? Though when he saw what the warlock brought back to the table, he made a face. "What the fuck is that?" He asked, poking at the lizard tail though he didn't dare touch the worms.

"Y-yeah, no thanks... I think I'm good." He said in response to Mathian's offer, wrinkling his nose. "Though you sitting on my ribs before didn't really help..." He grumbled as he lifted the side of his shirt to get a look at his bruises. They were turning from yellow to brown, showing that they were nearly healed now. Theo dropped his shirt to cover his rippling torso and stood then, stretching his arm carefully before moving over to peek into the pantry that Mathian had just come out of. "Oh my God! That's sick!" He shouted from the pantry and came back out with the jar containing the preserved creature, tilting it this way and that. He glanced it over with a clear look of disgust, but also interest, written on his face. "What would you even do with this?" He asked, glancing to the warlock before quickly shaking his head. "No, nevermind. I don't want to know..." He said as he quickly set it down on the countertop.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast