Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Once Cursed, Twice Damned {Lyra & Midori-Hime}}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Once Cursed, Twice Damned {Lyra & Midori-Hime}}

Spoiler: Mathian Brummit 

The room was dark by design save for a single, half-burnt candle neatly placed on the creaky, wooden floor. Around it, a ritual circle was hand-drawn with chalk made of bone mash and decorated with weed-like flowers dripped in blood the color of coruscant crimson. It was rodent blood and it carried a horrid smell like rusted iron but the sweet, vanilla scented smoke of the candle was masking it. Mathian sat beside it, cross-legged, holding a tattered, brown book with a cracked hard-back in one hand and a palmed-sized, glass vial in the other. Inside the vial, the naked eye could discern a clump of hair, clipped finger nails, and a sewing needle the tip of which had been doused into a witch's blood. It was everything he needed to perform a spell of his own making.

He placed the vial inside the circle and whiffed out an incantation in an ancient language. Once, twice, thrice. All things inside the room, living and dead, suddenly quieted. Even Mathian's heart ceased thumping. The silence clutched the outside noise in an icy grip and for a while it felt like time itself had stopped. But just moments after, Mathian whispered, Igneme accende and as the vial burst into flames, the crackling sounds pierced the veil of silence. Mathian heaved a deep sigh and felt power creep through his skin and coil around his bones. At the same time, the contents of the vial turned to dust, letting out a dull, weakly wail. Something dark and inhuman in form flickered in Mathian's grey-colored eyes but it hid almost instantly.

The magic inside od him grew once again. He felt refreshed, powerful, and guilty. Biting down hard on his lower lip, suckling on the aftertaste of triumph, he lay on the floor, staring at the cracked ceiling. The thought of what he had done was heavy in his mind but there was comfort in knowing that no matter how horrid his actions were, he was a warlock and warlocks were known to be cruel. Alas, what bothered him more was the fact that he no longer had a viable power source. He tortured himself with that thought for a while until a single strip of sunlight peered through the heavily draped windows and hit his eye. It was daylight already and he was late.

He jumped to his feet and tidied up as quickly as he could. He donned a black, hooded coat, a pair of black, leather boots, and a pair of patched, threadbare trousers. He stuffed his spellbook in the inside pocket of his coat and once he put on his half-finger gloves, he darted out of the room and bolted the door with a locking spell so no one could sneak in.

He and his new, beastly partner had been given a sensitive mission, the apprehension of a rogue vampire, an impulsive, hard-headed creature that emanated pure, raw, sometimes overtly sexual energy. Mathian was excited. He rushed down the staircase and through a maze-like array of hallways. He was supposed to have met up with the lycanthrope well over twenty minutes ago in the main hall to receive a detailed report of the creature's past actions.
    Last edited by Lyra; 12-22-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: Theo Woodale 

Warm amber eyes wandered over the view of a dense pine forest, fading into the mist. He could almost smell the pine, the moisture in the air, the detritus of the forest floor beneath his feet. Theo stepped forward, his arm reaching out to feel over the dark, rough bark, but instead his fingers were met with a soft, painted fabric over the hard, cold surface of his wall. His gaze then fell away from the tapestry and he turned to get ready for a meeting. It was only personal item Theo had insisted on when he first arrived here. A reminder of the forests where he'd spent the last three years before he came here to join the militia. The rest of his room was horribly plain, having only a bed and furniture that had been provided for him when he arrived. His bed was perfectly made, as if it were never even slept in and on the nightstand next to it was a lamp and alarm clock.

Turning to the dresser, he opened one drawer where he kept a handful of clothing. He threw on a pair of dark jeans an olive green T-shirt that was a little tighter on his chest and shoulders but not restrictive. Placing a hair tie between his teeth, Theo raked his fingers through his long auburn hair, pulling it back into a short, somewhat messy ponytail. He then secured it with the band and gave himself a quick once over before leaving his room.

He was on his way to meet with his superior and... his partner. Had he known they would partner him with a witch, Theo might have reconsidered, but this wasn't something he could just simply back out of now. Life was hell for a lone wolf with no one to turn to. He'd never been that much of a people person until he became one of them. Suddenly he was drawn to the idea of belonging to a pack, having a family he could relate to, who understood his turmoil and helped each other work through it. Now he had been disowned by both his families and it hurt him more than he would ever let on. But Theo hardly considered the Militia a home and what's worse, he had to work along side a warlock. The ones he thought to be the source of this curse.

He had been warned long ago that witches and warlocks were not to be trusted, and while he normally tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, Mathian seemed to him to be no different than the self-serving, devious witches he'd been warned about. Once he greeted thier surperior, he was offered a seat while they waited for Mathian to arrive. Theo let his mind wander to this new mission at hand and the rogue vampire that they were to track down. He supposed if there was one being he disliked more than witches, it was vampires. Almost a half hour later, the man gave an irritated click of his tongue, breaking Theo out of his thoughts. "Where the hell is he..." He grumbled, making Theo sigh and get up out of the chair.

"I'll go look for him..." He said then, turning towards the door just as Mathian stepped into the room. Deep topaz eyes met with Mathian's cool grey for just a moment before Theo took his seat once again. The Lycan place a hand over the bottom of his face to hide his grimace. The warlock smelled of vanilla and dried herbs, but underneath that was always the lingering scent of stale blood. It made his stomach turn a little as he instead tried to focus on thier breifing.
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 11-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Traffic-- I mean, too crowded-- the hallways." His accent was undeniably cultured and sharp, despite his roughened appearance. He strode confidently towards where his partner was sitting and plopped his butt down on the empty chair. The werewolf's aura, naturally aggressive, immediately caused his confidence to weaken but he remained composed. A witch's blood was as cold as ice, or at least that's what his grandma used to say.

"Please, do begin," he said with a hint of a jibe.

The board's handler, a thin, sandy-haired man donning a purple, double-breasted suit, wrinkled his brows and clicked his tongue in contempt. He was not amused in the slightest, but he was human, and all humans, no matter what level of authority they thought they had over witches, were nervous at the sight of one. He began the briefing with a quick pace and monotonous tone,

"First name Jacob, last name Bryce. Low-class vampire, fledged last year. A history of prior offenses in human form. No noticeable violent behaviour in vampire form until last week when he attacked and killed three human, most likely out of repressed desire. He has been seen on several occasions roaming the underworld since the attack but we haven't had any luck in tracking him down. Your task is," he paused, cleared his throat, and continued, "bring him back, unharmed, as per the detainment order issued by the Grand Board. Adhere to official militia rules and you shall be handsomely rewarded." He stepped forward and handed each a sheet of paper containing a more detailed report. "That would be all. If there are no questions..." he was preparing to leave, when he felt the tie around his neck tighten. That slight anxiety he felt in the beginning had now doubled. The witch was playing with him again.

Matty never broke eye contact with the handler as he spoke. It was a simple mind spell, a trick that required no lip movement or incantations. The handler started sweating and pulling at his tie. With his free hand, he picked up the papers that lay on the desk and headed for the door. Oh, how he hated witches. As soon as he exited the room, Matty broke into a light chuckle. He liked joking around with humans in such ways. Granted, he would get in trouble sometimes, but it was worth it. He turned to his partner and said,

"Shall we?"

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It was times like this he wished he could turn off his enhanced senses, watching the witch take a seat next to him from the corner of his eyes. In an attempt to ignore it, Theo immediately turned his attention to the man in front of them, who seemed just about as amused as he was. He focused on the details of their target carefully. While it wasn't particularly odd for a fledgling to lose control of thier thirst, something about it seemed strange to him. It shouldn't be so hard to track down a rogue fledgling, after all. At the clearing of his throat, Theo's eyes focused once more on the man in front of him, taking the paper being handed to him.

A frown pulled at the corner of his lips at the word 'unharmed'. 'Pity...', He thought. In his eyes, werewolves were still quite human, even if they had been afflicted with a terrible curse. And while witches were cold and manipulative beings, they were still mortals. Vampires on the other hand... They were another thing entirely. They might have once been human, infected in very much the same way he had been, and yet they seemed to have lost all their humanity in his eyes. That might seem harsh, and certainly there were those poor souls that regretted thier need to feed on human blood, but the majority of them reveled in it. They saw humans as lesser, nothing more than cattle to feast upon. Maybe his view of vampires was biased, but he had yet to come across one that could make him question what he knew of vampires.

Theo simply gave a nod then, signaling that he understood their task and there were no further questions from him. His put his hands to the arms of the chair to stand, but then froze suddenly, smelling the man's rising anxiety in the air. He watched the man pull at his tie curiously, hearing his heart beating faster, and then immediately Theo turned his eyes to the witch, realizing he was the cause. As Mathian turned to him, Theo met his eyes with a cold, hard stare before he stood wordlessly. "Sure..." He muttered finally, starting towards the door whether Mathian followed at his pace or not. For a moment he wondered what he'd ever done to deserve this, but then... he knew the answer to that already.

Once they were out of the main hall, Theo spoke but kept his eyes ahead. "You think you're funny... Do you? Or you just find that much pleasure in tormenting people?" He asked, his voice low and flat. It seemed to be a rhetorical question, as Theo turned his eyes back down to the paper in his hand, immediately changing the subject with another question, "Where should we start then?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The warlock, surefooted in his stride, smiled derisively at Theo's grudging comment. "A little bit of both, I guess," he spoke in a crisp tone of voice. It was a harmless but effective trick he enjoyed pulling. Besides, humans were always asking for it with their lofty, unwarranted sense of importance and pride. They were the weak kind, powerless in the face of adversity and danger and yet, they thought the world of themselves. Vampires were much the same. Heck, witches too. Werewolves took pride in their unity but damn were they judgmental.

Matty thought about where they ought to begin their search and while his mind was busy concocting ideas, his fingers snapped and a magic portal appeared out of thin air. The space around them was distorted and the link between where they stood and where they were going was created. "I thought we might begin where all good ideas do," he beckoned Theo to follow as he took one step inside the portal. They could have driven or walked there but Matty knew how much werewolves detested magic and magic portals. How it made their hackles rise and their insides turn, and he knew he absolutely had to make Theo go through that even if it meant putting a bit of strain on his powers.

At the other side of the portal was an alley, a dark, smelly street that led to the so-called underworld. It was a place where all that was different convened to trade secrets, herbs, and intel. A market square, kept under the watchful eye of the militia, lay in the midst. Vampire dens and blood bars were a bit further, happily secluded, whereas werewolves fighting pits could be found anywhere. Witches offered their services to clueless humans inside their shops. The entire area was bewitched to look normal to a human eye; one would look at it like a giant fair or that creepy part of the town where all criminals operated. There were some humans who willingly frequented blood dens for a relief. Some vampires even had their own human blood banks but they were not allowed to kill them or turn them.

Matty reckoned this backdrop of a ghost story might be a good place to start. "The report says he was last seen here. Either he's excellent at hiding his tracks or he's been getting help from one of his own."
    Last edited by Lyra; 11-06-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo's strides quickly came to a halt when he saw the air infront of them split into a portal at the snap of Mathian's fingers. Immediately he paled, looking through the portal into an alleyway somewhere, though the image was slightly distorted, as if looking through a heat haze. He'd heard of the portals that witches could create, and warned about them from the other werewolves. Apparently they were a very unpleasant way to travel, as well as disorienting. Especially for very grounded beings like the werewolves.

Not wanting to admit he was intimidated, Theo moved to follow him. However, when it came to actually stepping through, his hesitation likely gave him away. He reached out a hand tentatively, testing out the waters first. It was a strange sensation that he couldn't quite describe. Perhaps like the rippling of being submerged under water? Finally deciding that it wouldn't be all that bad, Theo closed his eyes and stepped through.

And immediately realized how wrong he was...

Even though it was instantaneous, the strange and unsettling sensations that coursed through his body lingered well past their welcome. Once on the other side, Theo hitched himself up against the brick wall, doubled over. His body shuddered, one hand pressed to the wall while the other held his stomach, which was in knots. "Y-yeah, yeah... Give me a second." He snapped suddenly, keeping his eyes closed while he inhaled deep and slow. "Ugh, I think I'm gonna throw up..." He groaned under his breath, taking another few moments until his head stopped spinning. Once he finally composed himself, Theo stepped away from the wall and lifted his honey colored eyes to the market ahead of them.

Remembering what Mathian had said just moments ago, the werewolf bit his bottom lip in thought. "I was thinking the same... But why? I could see if his sire was trying to keep the incident under wraps. Maybe to cover his own ass for letting his fledgling loose in the first place? But I'm not so sure..." He thought out loud, his eyes wandering the various building fronts for something that looked promising. "Well, either way... I doubt my kind would know much about a vampire's whereabouts. And I don't think I would be very welcome in the vampire clubs, so maybe we should start with asking one of your friends?" He suggested, looking to Mathian finally.
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 11-07-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"It never gets old," Mathian laughed softly and gloated over the sight of Theo struggling to keep himself composed. The edgy canine was fortunate portalling hadn't knocked him out or induced a human to werewolf transition. Mathian would have been in quite the pickle if that had happened. Perhaps the warlock hadn't thought his mischief through. He cleared his throat, arms folded, and tried to focus on the mission at hand.

Mathian didn't really care about the why and the how; he only cared about the where. The entire mission was sort of odd, lacking in details, overstretched. But the end reward was worth it. The wolf had a point, Matty reckoned. Vampires were shifty, impulsive beings and they were not friendly either to witches or to werewolves, but under direct pressure from the militia, they could talk... or mislead them. He heaved a sigh and said, dead serious,

"I don't have any friends." There was a sense of pride in the tone of his voice. He was generally disliked and the handful of friends he had abandoned him after he had renounced his heritage. He was backstabbed plenty and he backstabbed plenty. Friends were for children, connections were for grown-ups.

"Come on," he turned around and walked straight over to a crowded street. "There's an oracle nearby, she--," he suddenly came to a stop. The oracle was right in front of him. Her dead, fish eyes bore down on him. She wore a crimson red robe and a ruby necklace placed on her head. Her blonde, wavy hair spiraled to her lower back. She was beautiful, just like Mathy remembered. But she was also a hundred years old, Mathy remembered that too. "Elsbeth,"

"Brummit," she said, in a raspy voice. "And," she walked past Mathian and went straight to Theo, "werewolf." She had a flat expression on her face. "Come," she commanded and slithered into the crowd. "We mustn't speak here."

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo raised a brow at that, and then turned his gaze away from the warlock's cool grey eyes. "Gee, I can't imagine why..." He muttered quietly as the last of his nausea subsided. But then, he supposed they had that much in common at least. Not that he wanted to admit something like that to the warlock. To be honest, he really didn't know much at all about his partner. Their previous assignments were fairly simple and didn't require much conversation besides relaying information to one another. Though, Theo wasn't really sure he cared to know anything more about Mathian. And besides, whatever he did learn, he was sure it wouldn't be anything that he hadn't already assumed about the warlock. Or maybe it would be worse...

Once Mathian started to move, Theo followed, his hands tucked into his jean pockets. He kept his eyes open, looking for anything that might be of use to them, when Mathian suddenly stopped short. Theo nearly walked into the other male. "Jesus-" He hissed, but then also went quiet as he looked over Mathian's shoulder to the woman standing in front of them. Theo would have found her to be beautiful... if it wasn't for her eyes, which he found to be quite unnerving.

As the oracle came straight for him, his amber eyes widened, tensing at sudden approach from such an eerie woman. "...Y-yeah. It's a pleasure." He said just as flatly and relaxed only when she started to lead them through the crowd. Theo gestured for Mathian to take the lead, wanting to put distance in between himself and the woman. He tried to come off as unperturbed when in reality this place gave him the creeps. But he had a job to do, so he focused on that as Elsbeth lead them down the street and then another, going deeper into the underground.

They finally came to a small shop where Theo's senses were bombarded with all sorts of strange scents. The whole place seemed to have a haze of smoke as he looked around, attempting to breath through his mouth instead. Once inside, Elbeth turned to light some candles, further illuminating the shop. And then she turned back to them once more, her glassy gaze switching between them, seeming to regard them with a oddly knowing gaze. There was obvious tension between him and Mathian, but Elsbeth seemed to see something beyond that.

"You two... you're not so different after all." She mused with a small smirk pulling at her pretty lips. "I think you'll both come to find that what you seek... is closer than you realize. Much closer." Theo's brow furrowed, wondering what that could possibly mean. How did she know what he was looking for? Did he even know? Though the idea that he was anything like Mathian didn't sit too well with him. However, he wasn't about to argue with the oracle and instead crossed his arms with a bored expression. "Could we just move on to more important things?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The entire street bustled about excitedly packed with ordinary men and women looking to procure occult charms, mysterious love potions, potent hexes, and whatnots. The entire quarter was possessed of a distinguishing character and muskiness. It was peculiarly old-fashioned, Bohemian, designed for the venturous spirits. Most fortunetellers in the area adopted a Romani origin and lifestyle to attract more customers; they used props such as crystal balls and tarot cards. Palmistry was very popular, too. The quarter was also a place where a witch or warlock might procure their potion ingredients or pick a fight with one of the werewolf gangs prowling about. Witches and werewolves residing in this quarter harbored resentment toward one another, so it was no oddity to see a witch's shop ransacked in the middle of the day or a werewolf's fighting pit earnings turn to dust at the flick of a witch's finger.

As they maneuvered past curious customers, Matty spied a roughened up gang of three werewolves, oozing out hostility which made the hairs on the back of his neck rise. However, he lost sight of them as they swerved to the right and approached Elsbeth's shop. As they were stepping in and taking in the ambience and a tacky interior design, dominated by the color red, Matty sincerely hoped this routine mission would not become complicated. Elsbeth's sudden arrival and subsequent secrecy told him otherwise.

He forced a terse smile but no words. He couldn't care less whether he and the werewolf were two peas in a pod; all he wanted to hear was a precise location and proposed method of capture. Hearing that the mission might be over by sundown was also a favorable outcome. He remained wary, though. Elsbeth was an eerily accurate diviner, but she liked playing tricks on her customers and she often demanded some ridiculous payment methods. One time, he was sure she requested a woman's firstborn in exchange for a powerful love hex. It was only a rumor but Matty was very close to believing it.

She sat at her divining table and placed her petite, feminine hands on the sapphire-hued crystal ball, which was, by the way, a complete fake. Matty folded his arms on his chest and shook his head, wrinkling his brows. She kept the real one in a pocket dimension. How did Matty know that, you might wonder. Well, he attempted stealing it once. But that's another, painful story.

"All we need is a location, an accurate location," Matty spoke in a crisp, cold tone of voice. She giggled at that, almost derisively.

"So eager, both of you." Her dead, fish eyes clouded over and an unnerving, discomforting, dim light shone out of them, as if casting a death spell. Matty stiffened, although he seemed entirely unperturbed. "I feel him but I cannot find him. I see darkness all around him yet he moves instinctually; his movements are random, unpredictable. He does not see his victims, he is drawn to them. He is drawn to life." She spoke in a low tone of voice, it was chilling. "He moves with the shadows. Most odd, don't you think? A mere fledgling, a sudden master vampire? Not even the great Vlad moves and leaves all stones unturned."

Matty's doubts seemed to gain shape. A rogue vampire was always easily found. If their sire moved in this life, all the Grand Board had to do was call upon them and establish a link. Either the sire moved in the afterlife, could not be found, refused to oblige, or the linking failed. And linking never failed. Matty sighed a heavy sigh, as if he knew. But, why them? Mathian wasn't the most powerful warlock around, nor was Theo the best werewolf around. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed like a damned conspiracy.

"So, you mean to say, you're useless." Matty gave a snappy reply which made Elsbeth growl through gritted teeth.

"Not entirely. I could tell you where his presence is the strongest," her full, cherry-tinted lips curved into a smug smile. Matty felt that he was going to regret coming to her as soon as he saw it. "I will need something in return, a favor from a fellow witch, nothing too complicated, in due time."

"What kind of favor?"

"In due time, little Brummit. Shall we shake on it? I will throw in a quick glimpse into your," she threw a quick glance at Theo and said, "mutual future, of course, free of charge." He wasn't even surprised.

"Heck no." he replied swiftly. A pout grew on her face.

"But, but, what if someone were to, hypothetically, whisper into the Board's ear about your recent affairs. I mean, that someone might still feel bad about you trying to steal from them, hypothetically of course." She spoke in a childlike tone, edging him on. "You know how strict they can be." She had him, he knew right there and then.

"Fine. A favor it is." And as soon as he spoke the word, his tongue was bound to it. Elsbeth clapped her hands excitedly and revealed the information they needed,

"There's an abandoned building complex near a large sewer system downtown. The area is riddled with illegal night clubs, homeless people and junkies. Some of his movement patterns criss-cross in that area. Careful, though. You might not be the only ones looking for him." She spoke no more of the missing vampire. She decided to focus on something far more amusing. "Now, for your free reading," She threw her head back dramatically, began humming and closed her eyes. "I see it. Oh my, the room is steaming hot. Dim, intoxicating. I see you, both of you," the tone of her voice sounded oversexed and improper. Matty was stunned for a second. What the actual fuck? As she pressed on, a light blush rushed to his cheeks. She couldn't be serious.

"Naked on the bed, no... beside the bed, grinding on each other, growling, biting, swearing... one word...," she paused and in a light, feathery whisper said, "Rough. You both like it rough." She opened her eyes and caught sight of Matty's blushing scowl and gloated over it.

"We..." Matty said, wishing he could smite her down right there and then, "are.fucking.leaving." He turned around, too embarrassed to even glance at Theo. She was definitely mental, that one.
    Last edited by Lyra; 11-14-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo watched as the girl took a seat in front of a crystal ball, wanting to roll his eyes but then decided against it, instead peeking around the room and noting how the decor looked sterotypical of all the other mystic shops that littered this area. Honey eyes flickered between Mathian and the oracle. Well at least his partner knew how to get to the point, if that was one good thing he could say about the warlock. It wasn't long before Theo was averting his gaze away from the woman's disturbing gaze. The hairs on the back of his neck were standing on end and he sought to quickly distract himself by picking up a bundle of dried blue sage tied with rose petals.

Though he did not watch, he listened closely, frowning when it seemed as though the oracle wasn't going to be of much help either. Always speaking in riddles. It made him wonder why these magic users were so fond of toying with others. Wasn't it bad enough that they were capable of screwing over anyone that might stand in between them and their own interests? And yet they always seemed to find joy in twisting the knife in the wound. Though he couldn't hide the small smirk spreading over his lips as she blackmailed Mathian. He accepted her favor though, which surprised Theo a bit. Well whatever, as long as it was on him...

However, something else the oracle said peaked his interest. 'Mutual future' Theo wanted to scoff at the idea that he and Mathian had any sort of future. But that thought was quickly brushed aside now that they were finally getting somewhere. "I know that area..." He muttered quietly, finally speaking up. Not that he really wanted to admit how... Though Elsbeth's answer only raised more questions. What did she mean, they weren't the only ones looking for him? What more did she know that she didn't feel like telling them?

Theo's mind wandered as Elsbeth then prattled on about their bullshit 'future reading'. He pondered the clues that they had managed to gather about their target, when the tone of Eslbeth's voice suddenly changed, drawing his attention back over to the eerily beautiful woman. There was a sudden clatter accompanying the word 'naked', as the glass bottle Theo had been holding slipped out of his grip. His hands fumbled quickly to catch it before it's contents spilled over the table, his face turning scarlet red as Elsbeth continued to describe the scene in detail. A shudder went down his spine, swallowing hard as his amber eyes shifted from Elsbeth to Mathian's back. However, his gaze immediately dropped to the floor the moment Mathian turned around.

There was a long moment of silence once they left Elsbeth's shop... As it seemed neither one of them knew what to say after that. Her words seemed to echo in his mind, his brain picturing the scene as she described it against his will. "Ah, fuck!" He exclaimed suddenly, rubbing his hands over his face and then through his long auburn hair, as if it might erase the images of him and Mathian from his brain. "W-what the fuck was that?" He asked finally. "No! Nevermind, It doesn't matter." He retracted that question quickly and instead focused on the useful information they had gotten from Elsbeth.

"That area she mentioned is this way..." He said glumly, determined to focus on their mission from this point forward, and not that... nonsense Elsbeth was spouting just to get a rise out of them. Just because she was an oracle didn't mean any of that was actually going to happen. She just made that up to toy with them, that's all. After all, that would be impossible. Hell would have to freeze over before he even entertained the idea of getting close to Mathian, let alone touching him... like that. Theo groaned suddenly, pinching the bridge of nose for a moment. He was still thinking about it! "What do you think she meant when she said there might be others looking for him. Other vampires? And it doesn't really make any sense. If he's a fledgling driven purely by his thirst, then there's no way he could cover his tracks this well. Someone has to be covering this up for some reason." He said in a more active attempt to focus. The area they were crossing over into now had fewer witches shops, though there were certainly still some around. But these shops seemed to take part in more underhanded dealings than fortune telling and charms. It seemed to be the sort of place were you had to watch your back.

Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast