Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Thread: [M] Once Cursed, Twice Damned {Lyra & Midori-Hime}}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shivers came aflutter as he exposed himself, rather foolishly, although with good intention. He'd planned on having Theo bear the same invisible bind rune he'd had tattooed on his visibly bare chest, though he hadn't planned on it being so awkward. Fuck, he cursed inwardly. He wanted to dart out of there, but he had to face the challenge head on. After all, he had decided he would not appear affected in the slightest. He cleared his throat slightly and said, in a commanding tone of voice, disregarding Theo's skeptical brow raise.

"Just strip." If only he'd known it would be harder to keep it cool having Theo bare-chested as well. The wolf's roughened skin, his shapely abs, those damned pecs... he remembered how they all felt... and how firm they all fucking were. And he was angry. It took everything to stay focused and not look away or blush. The only thing he had to do was move closer to him, reveal the bind rune, touch him and let magic work its magic. Piece of cake.

However, he stood there unmoving, mute, and musing. He'd almost stopped breathing altogether too, but he was too proud to let the wolf know how rattled he truly was. And if he couldn't beat the crap out of him, he just needed to direct that anger onto himself. Damn it, Matty, it isn't like you've suddenly tied the knot. Get it together, he gave himself a mental slap, with a few curse words on the side, and, nibbling on his lower lip, he closed the distance between them, and decided that he needed to do what he did best to distract himself - which was talking.

"This is gonna stop you from hurting me," he began in low tone of voice and a visible displeased frown on his face. With a single whoosh of his hand, and a furtive flicker in his eyes, a shimmering bind rune tattoo appeared on his chest, right where his heart beat beneath it, faintly and with great effort. It was a circle within a circle, split into three by a fading hexagram, each symbol a testament to the three stage of life: birth, time, and death. It marked that the body had been sealed for possession, but it did not guard the body against death in the attempt.

"You're lucky, you're getting a temporary one. The real thing hurts like hell," he quickly put one hand on his chest and the other he placed on Theo's. As soon as he touched him, chills ran down his spine, but he kept his cool, even going as far as to look him in the eyes. "Saving your liver means saving my neck," he murmured - perhaps to convince himself he didn't care for him - staring into the wolf's captivating eyes as he began to whisper an incantation, a single rhyme within a cluster of toneless consonants. Midway through having his voice sound as sweet as honey, a similar mark began to appear on Theo's chest, forming around Mathian's hand. It wasn't meant to be painful, although it was probably prickly. And all the while it took for the bind rune to be cloned, Matty felt a little light on his feet, and a little numb. But as soon as it was done, he removed his hand and turned around to grab his clothes, saying, "There, saved once again. It's becoming quite a habit," he teased, clicking his tongue.

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theo blinked as he stood there, wondering what the hell was going through Mathian's mind right now. 'Take a picture,' He was about to snap, getting irritated at the warlock's gawking. Mostly because he found Mathian's cool eyes on his bare body to be more thrilling than he cared to admit. His golden eyes dropped to his lips as he bit down at the bottom one, suddenly recalling what those soft lips felt like between his teeth. Fucking hell....

Theo inexplicably became more and more irritated by every passing second, until Mathian finally started to explain. Not that he was being very clear, as usual, which only pissed the wolf off more. "The fuck is that supposed to me-" He hissed. As much as Mathian drove him insane, he would never actually harm the warlock. However, his jaw suddenly tensed, knowing that it could be possible, even if he never intented to.

Seeing the strange symbol suddenly appear on the warlock's chest, his eyes widening. His eyes followed the shape of it, glancing over the strange symbols, and after a moment he frowned. "W-wait a second... What are you-" He asked, his eyes growing wider as the warlock pressed a hand to his chest. The chill of his hand against Theo's unusually warm skin made a shudder go through him, goosebumps raising over his arms. Or at least he told himself that was the only reason.

"Y-you mean you weren't kidding about that?" Theo suddenly barked in alarm, though that was forgotten the second Mathian stared into his eyes. He stared back, finding himself unable to look away, however, as Mathian began to whisper the spell, his golden gaze dropped down to the warlock's lips. He watched the way they moved around the words. His voice was warm and sweet and suddenly he remembered that they had tasted that way too. Maybe he wouldn't notice, but Theo's chest gradually began to rise and fall more quickly beneath his hand, his heart beating a second faster. Maybe it was just because of the odd sensation caused by the rune.

The second Mathian drew away, Theo blinked, almost as if he'd woken out of some sort of trance, looking down at the rune of his chest, an exact copy of the one on Mathian's. He hoped this wasn't some sort of trick Mathian was trying to pull, but right now he had no other choice but than to just trust the warlock was actually looking out for him. At his teasing, Theo only scoffed. "Saved your own ass, you mean..." That's right, Mathian might have 'saved' him, but in the end he was only truely looking out for himself. Theo wouldn't forget that. "Well... I guess there's nothing to it but to do this." Theo sighed, quickly pulling his shirt back on before heading to the iron door. He glanced back at Mathian briefly before he gave it a rough tug. It groaned but then finally swung open with an awful creak.

- - - Updated - - -

Theo blinked as he stood there, wondering what the hell was going through Mathian's mind right now. 'Take a picture,' He was about to snap, getting irritated at the warlock's gawking. Mostly because he found Mathian's cool eyes on his bare body to be more thrilling than he cared to admit. His golden eyes dropped to his lips as he bit down at the bottom one, suddenly recalling what those soft lips felt like between his teeth. Fucking hell....

Theo inexplicably became more and more irritated by every passing second, until Mathian finally started to explain. Not that he was being very clear, as usual, which only pissed the wolf off more. "The fuck is that supposed to me-" He hissed. As much as Mathian drove him insane, he would never actually harm the warlock. However, his jaw suddenly tensed, knowing that it could be possible, even if he never intented to.

Seeing the strange symbol suddenly appear on the warlock's chest, his eyes widening. His eyes followed the shape of it, glancing over the strange symbols, and after a moment he frowned. "W-wait a second... What are you-" He asked, his eyes growing wider as the warlock pressed a hand to his chest. The chill of his hand against Theo's unusually warm skin made a shudder go through him, goosebumps raising over his arms. Or at least he told himself that was the only reason.

"Y-you mean you weren't kidding about that?" Theo suddenly barked in alarm, though that was forgotten the second Mathian stared into his eyes. He stared back, finding himself unable to look away, however, as Mathian began to whisper the spell, his golden gaze dropped down to the warlock's lips. He watched the way they moved around the words. His voice was warm and sweet and suddenly he remembered that they had tasted that way too. Maybe he wouldn't notice, but Theo's chest gradually began to rise and fall more quickly beneath his hand, his heart beating a second faster. Maybe it was just because of the odd sensation caused by the rune.

The second Mathian drew away, Theo blinked, almost as if he'd woken out of some sort of trance, looking down at the rune of his chest, an exact copy of the one on Mathian's. He hoped this wasn't some sort of trick Mathian was trying to pull, but right now he had no other choice but than to just trust the warlock was actually looking out for him. At his teasing, Theo only scoffed. "Saved your own ass, you mean..." That's right, Mathian might have 'saved' him, but in the end he was only truely looking out for himself. Theo wouldn't forget that. "Well... I guess there's nothing to it but to do this." Theo sighed, quickly pulling his shirt back on before heading to the iron door. He glanced back at Mathian briefly before he gave it a rough tug. It groaned but then finally swung open with an awful creak.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a good few uneasy seconds before he turned around fully dressed and breathing deeply. He was ready to take on whatever or whoever was behind the massive, evidently eerie door. What he could not come to terms with, however, was how easily he seemed to be avoiding saving his own ass lately. There was no denying that it was beyond stupid of him to jump after Theo when the mermaid wench dragged him into the depths of that freezing cold lake, but he still did it. Even now, it was foolish of him to drain his magic just to clone a protection spell that might or might not be needed. Clearly, he seemed to be inclined on wasting his hard-acquired power on someone who might not even return the favor. While he was grappling with that thought, Theo had already set things into motion.

Mathian shook his head, rubbed his face to alert himself and watched carefully as the door opened up to a massive, high-ceiling hall which was, oddly enough, well-lit and not at all spooky considering how ominously the door had creaked. The scent of cinnamon wafted through the door as if beckoning them to come inside and take a closer look. Just then, Mathian set his eyes on a giant woodworking bench cluttered with a plethora of handsaws, screwdrivers, chisels, hammers, measuring tools, and half-done, perhaps a bit creepy, toys of all shapes and sizes. Mathian spied a few headless dolls as well, a not too pleasant a sight.

It felt as warm as it was empty. Mathian half expected a ghost to jump out of nowhere and yell out something as cliché as 'boo' but nothing happened. He gave Theo a furtive glance and went inside, looking around to see what kind of place it was. Up ahead, the high ceiling was layered with cob-webbed arches and glinting silver each time a strip of moonlight managed to peer through a crack. A number of half-burnt candles lit up the centre of the room as shadows crept away in the corners.

"Anyone up for some friendly gab?" He called out in a loud, almost cheery tone of voice, spinning around to take in any corner he might have missed. He didn't like playing hide-and-seek. If the ghost was planning on spooking them, he might as well get it over with. Alas, nothing was heard but the words dying away in a weak echo. He briefly turned to Theo and asked,

"Can you feel anything? Wolves are supposed to have keener senses, right?" he said, folding his arms on his chest and sucking in his lower lip. He seemed entirely unfazed by the fact a ghost might unleash their wrath upon them any second now, although in reality he was feeling quite jittery.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The first thing that hit Theo was the scent of cinnamon, tilting his head up as he sniffed a little. What an unexpected smell... Just as Mathian seemed to notice the work bench, so too did Theo, who raised a brow. Sure, that wasn't creepy at all. But he tried not to let himself get too worked up. He followed Mathian inside, looking around cautiously, his eyes wandering around the candlelit room. Besides the slightly creepy objects in the room, and then pluthera of cobwebs, this place didn't seem all that haunted. But then he knew better than to assume the supernatural was anything like described in books and movies.

Then suddenly Mathian's voice echoing through the room made him jump and it took everything in him not to back-hand the witch. He let out a breath when there was no reply, also turning sharply to spot any changes in the space around them. But... nothing...

Theo shot a fleeting glare at Mathian. Would it kill the warlock to have any tact? Especially when compaired to a werewolf, who weren't exactly known for being subtle. At Mathian's comment, Theo turned to give him a rather unimpressed stare. His golden brown eyes flicked down subtly to that bottom lip, watching Mathian pull it in between his teeth and he holds his breath for a brief moment. Theo quickly shifts his eyes away, just past Mathian's shoulder and suddenly he sucks in a breath, his eyes growing wide and his expression contorts into a horrorified look. "D-don't.... move." Theo hisses to Mathian under his breath, slowly shifting back a step from the witch.

His eyes then shift back to the witch, watching his reaction while trying desperately to bite back his amusement. Of course he saw nothing at all... But Mathian wouldn't know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a brief moment, the wolf's nonchalant stare was satisfactory. There was no impending danger, so to say, and Mathian allowed himself to relax leaning against the edge of the workbench and staring right back at the wolf. Had it lasted a second longer, Mathian would have looked away, perhaps with a tinge of red in his cheeks, but the sudden changing expression on the wolf's face made him linger. His whole body stiffened at Theo's warning and the horrified look that settled on his face.

No way, he thought, ceasing to breathe and pressing his lips together. The hackles on his neck rose instantly and goosebumps flared on his skin. He stood there unmoving as worry settled in and he wondered what sort of horrific sight was unfolding behind him and before Theo's very eyes. He pressed himself closer, huddling his shoulders and tilting his head down. He furrowed his brows and for a moment looked entirely defenseless until he began musing over quite hurriedly how he would react if the ghost were to try to strike him down and his innocent, worried face contorted into a frown. He had already devised several ways of shileding himself from the ghost, from chanting an evasive spell and simple ducking, when a thought occured to him.

Maybe Theo was messing with him... but there was no certain way to know. The wolf, evidently scared out of his wits, showed no signs of fooling around, although Mathian was sure he had it in him. He had no other choice but to turn around and take a look for himself.

Shit. If he's fucking with me... he thought to himself, closed his eyes and decided to just turn around and face the danger head on. He breathed in heavily and, still jittery, turned back sharply. He was ready for anything, but when he opened his eyes... he got nothing.

A sharp groan escaped his puckered lips and his frown deepened. But he was unbelievably relieved as well as pissed off. He grabbed the tool closest to him off the workbench, a rusty old wrench, turned back around and threw it violently at Theo. There was scarcely any chance he would hit him but it was worth the try. He scoffed and hissed, his cheeks flushed pink from embarrassment.

"You prick!" he humphed. "That's not funny," he complained, but it was. It was a bit funny. "Last time I do anything for you," he grumbled. He would have done the same to Theo given the chance, he just knew it.

But what he did not know and could not see now was that something was indeed behind him, a shadow growing out of the darkened corners to tower above him ominously awoken by the clattering sound of the wrench hitting the stone floor.

"I'mma carve out your liver and offer it myself," he told him off begrudgingly as the shadow grew large enough to envelop him completely.
    Last edited by Lyra; 03-08-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The instant Mathian turned to look behind him, his horrified expression flipped into a wicked grin, biting back a laugh until the realization set in for the warlock. Though once he heard the groan, it burst out of him, wearing a shit eating grin. It quickly vanished as the wrench went flying at his head, his golden eyes widening just before he managed to duck out of the way, hearing the wrench clatter on the ground behind him.

"Serves you fucking right... You're just mad that I beat you to it!" Theo chuckled some more, before abruptly going quiet. All amusement fell away from his face as he did in fact see something behind Mathian this time. "W-wait.... Mathian-" He murmured, his eyes widening into a similar horrified expression. But this time it was real... Theo was quick to realize that Mathian would probably think it was just another joke, and as the shadow grew larger, threatening to swallow up Mathian, the werewolf instinctively grabbed him and yanked him around behind him.

In a sort of protective gesture, Theo kept Mathian behind him as he backed up from the shadow slowly. "Fuck... There really is something here." He whispered, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand. He doubt there was much he could do against some sort of shadow, so he tilted his head towards Mathian, keeping his gaze locked on the apparition. "So... Any ideas?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Theo's talk was as aggravating as his mocking smile. Oh, how he wished the wrench had made a dent in the wolf's handsome face, perhaps even knocked a few of his canines out, although he wasn't sure a few broken teeth gaps would take away from his good looks. That just made him angrier. Just when he was about to hit him with one of his snarky replies or shoot another deathly glare or set his underwear on fire with a mere finger flick, the damned wolf tried to scare him shitless again. Mathian raised a brow and rolled his eyes so far back they hurt but when he opened his mouth to speak, he was yanked around and back by the wolf that the only thing he could do was yelp in surprise as his chest bumped into Theo's broad back.

"What the fuck, Theo?" He groaned in displeasure, trying to push him away when the sight of it all finally hit him. As well as the feeling. A large mass of pitch black nothingness billowed in the air in front of them, black snow-like particles swirling around them, ominous as any unknown, sudden occurrence which screamed ghostly. Why did it have to be ghosts? A deep, bellowing voice could be heard coming from it, bleak as sea winds, it said no words as it was howling. Mathian pressed himself against Theo instinctively as he peered from behind him, his breaths shallow and his face twisted into a worried frown. His mind raced to find the answer to Theo's question. He thought of creating a barrier to shield them against it. But if ghosts can walk through walls, what could a shield do?

"Not sure... portals?" he whispered, trying to focus on creating one, but the portal wouldn't appear as much as he wished for it. "Crap. Make a run for it?" As soon as he thought about bolting for the door, the door slammed shut at the behest of the swirling, wailing, black mass. "Damn... move, I'll try fire." He hissed and moved in front of Theo. He was now protecting him. A dangerous, fiery flicker arose in his eyes, his breathing steadied as he outstretched his arms and exclaimed the chant 'ignem accende'. A flaming bolt shot through, singing the black, snow-like particles and making a hole into the darkness, but the enthusiasm was short-lived as the mass began to swirl back and transform into a giant of a man with a bellowing voice, a huge beard, and a round, red face.

"No playing with fire around my toys or throwing my tools around like rubbish!" the voice boomed with such intensity that the walls shook around them. With a swish of his enormous hand, he knocked Mathian back as he collapsed into Theo. The mass of nothingness disappeared completely and the room brightened up. A children's song began playing from a busted old radio atop the workbench. The various mops and buckets began to come to life to dust and clean, some of the tools began to move as well, and so did the giant man. His see-through arms grabbed a cinnamon bun and he gulped down on it.

"Now," he exclaimed as he wiped the crumbs from the edge of his lips, "Finally, some new apprentices." He grinned at the two, Mathian's face completely bewildered.
    Last edited by Lyra; 04-20-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819