Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Done. Now it's time for bed for me.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I'm gonna be writing my reply under the assumption that the Maniple's robots are already in the hangar bay awaiting loading onto a transport. Seeing as having huge robots active on a space station is about the stupidest decision you can make.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Oh, I dunno, you are about to run into the Damned 88th, who are bringing flamers, grenade launchers, and several ship warheads wired up by a crazed pyromaniac into a single plasma charge.

@Atrum Daemon, @Ma1chbox, I've sent you a PM to get started on some co-posting. Yes, Jarn Hassek is a bastard.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

So is this guy a descendant of Junkrat or something?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The Colonel is a real charmer! I’ll have a reply your way tonight!

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

So I figure, since we're about to get to know Haven very well, I may as well describe in some detail their weapons systems, notable among which are their lasguns.

The M855.Mod2 "ironstorm" pattern lasgun is an adaptation of the short "Tanker" style of lasgun favored by armored regiments, It makes use of a compact frame that is 83cm long with a heat sink barrel attachment and full stock extension, 7cm wide at the widest, which happens to be the handguard, and 11cm tall from the bottom of it's pistol grip to the top of the sight rail. Like all Astra Militarum issue lasguns it has a built in sight, in the case of the Ironstorm it is a peep sight that is integrated into the carry handle, in this case that means the sight is simply a pair of holes aligned in the carry handle with a folding post located just above a coolant tube release valve. The chamber has a sliding access door, also located under the handle, this allows for easier maintenance and replacing of the focusing crystals, a necessity when you are light years away from any tech priest, and a weapon subject to sandstorms so abrasive they can strip the paint off a vehicle in hours. Located on the right and left sides of the receciver, just behind the access door and just above the pistol grip are the fire selector and power control switch. Behind this is an adjustable stock, this is attached via a hardpoint and can be changed out or totally removed.

The barrels of Ironstorm pattern lasguns have both a passive, and active cooling system. The passive system is a series of heat sinks that draw heat away from the barrel toward the upper handguard, The active cooling system is a series of hollow tubes fitted close to the barrel with a pressure release valve near the muzzle, The coolant is a pressurized CO2 or Liquid Nitrogen depending on the operating environment. The system has been modified in the field, and recently on newly produced rifles, to vent into the primary chamber and barrel, using this system some soldiers have propelled modified Krak charges, Mod2 Ironstorm lasgusn incorporate this modification and removable cartridge in the front of the handguard to allow for multiple charges to be fired, the barrel's attachment notch was improved to accept a small guide. Mod2 variants actually close off both the chamber vent and the pressure release valve and open a small vent into the barrel itself, When a small black is inserted into the chamber via the access door the pressure built up can fire a projectile up to 2kg in weight up to 50 meters in a straight line, or over 200 in a parabolic arc. though curent Haven doctrine is to use a projectile just over 1kg in weight that uses a shaped charge for attacking tanks a close range, or a projectile that weighs .5kg that fragments on impact for anti infantry or trench operations. The standard Ironstorm lasgun is issued with a barrel mounted heat sink that can be removed, this sink gives the weapon a more standard appearance, and helps mask the active cooling system, this sink was used early on to improve the full auto capability of the Ironstorm. In addition new models are issued with spare coolant cartridges and rifle grenades of the Krak and Frag variety.

A further note not on the rifle grenade abilities of the weapon, once all coolant has been used the user must take care as until they can get new cartridges they must rely on the passive cooling ability of their weapons, without the barrel mounted heat sink the guns would not be able to sustain combat in hot environments.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

seems rather...impractical.

why use rifle grenades when underbarrel grenade launchers are a thing?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Simple, it weighs less and takes up as much space as s standard lasgun. The need to save space and weight overrules the capabilities of rail mounted systems.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The Haven guys like to use folding stocks and rifle grenades, got it.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

It occurs to me that it might be beneficial to expound upon the make-up of the Maniple

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 101112131462 ... LastLast