Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground War - recruitment and OOC

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I really like how literally every soldier in the company has a name, and those who were KIA are honoured as such.
    Not everyone yet, there’s still a few to go. That's the goal though! I think it adds a bit more of a personal touch and grounds them in reality a bit more. I think it also helps you guys keep track and jump into their shoes.

I'm just glad I didn't do an infantry company!

Edit: Oh, I sent you some IM’s as well.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 09-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Okay, sorry to say no content in my IC post yet - merely a placeholder in case orders come in.

Work and sick, blegh.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Ah, sorry to hear that.

With Paint’s permission, I have updated the Imperial side of things. @Jarms48; @Atrum Daemon; @PaintSerf; you get to pick your avenue of attack before I throw you into the next crucible.

If you need clarification or want additional info that people on the ground could reasonably know, just ask.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Additional intel based on a message I sent to Jarms:

Northern approach - industrial complexes and their attendant worker habs stop short of the starport, and beyond the perimeter fence is a monorail station and checkpoints before reaching the flat concrete surrounding the ATC tower. The 85th Casterian are heavily engaged with Patriot defenders occupying the warehouses short of the starport, after suffering severe losses trying to cross the manufactory plaza. The buildings and roads in these areas are likely to have been heavily damaged. As you are currently to the west, you could attack the defenders’ left flank, or hook all the way round to link up with the Casterians directly.

Western approach - apartments and other hive buildings offer cover until reaching a perimeter fence. Beyond that is nearly a kilometre of flat, metres-thick concrete leading straight to the terminal. There are likely to be a number of planet-bound aircraft - either grounded or knocked out - strewn across this space.

Southern approach - the ground slopes gently away from the airport, meaning that the attack will be uphill. Area is mostly warehouses and other light industry, before reaching a perimeter fence and a short stretch of flat concrete leading to the terminal’s south end. The starport launch area is encircled by a higher and sturdier concrete wall, and is certain to be fortified. While you will likely have to neutralise these defenders to avoid being enfiladed as you assault the terminal, the launch pads are a strategic asset and the warmaster would prefer to see them undamaged.

Friendly forces - Air and artillery support is available, if you go through the right channels. However, collateral damage to the starport is a concern, as is mobile AAA among the dug-in defenders. The Casterian armoured infantry are currently pinned down short of the starport, having lost 20% of their men and 80% of their IFVs.

Enemy forces - Vox reports from the Casterians indicate that the defenders around the starport are mostly infantry and artillery, though some men insist that the Patriots have tank destroyers too. The enemy lines of communication east are still open, and attacks from the northern or southern approaches should be mindful of more Patriot forces to the east.

You may split or concentrate your forces between the three approaches at your discretion.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 09-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Hmm. Interesting options we've got.

On a first chew through, that pincer might be the best way to go.

My thought was all the armored and mechanized units would charge the southern approach, as a veritable tide of angry metal boxes should (hopefully!) cause some issues for the defenders AT, and with our heaviest guns and most fearlessly suicidal clones, we should be able to crack that nut.

That'd leave the Adranteans to assist in the north, most likely in an attack on the DG's flank to try and roll it - my intention being to get the Casterians out from the grinder, and reorganized so that any Patriot from the east are conflicted on which position to reinforce and threatened by a counter-attack.

Gerry's an ornery old man and will go north (Guards in contact) and I'd think Crenshaw would as well, to facilitate communications between the Adranteans and the Casterians - and maybe deploy some of his famous charm and Adeptus rank pulling to guarantee some dial in some accurate or else... artillery fire against the dug-in Patriots, and try to line up some air-support for the eastern forces?

The west does offer an option to thrust in and cut into the northern positions from behind (armor and mechanized, while the 100th flank in the north) and potentially make mincemeat out for the Patriots in short order so we can consolidate everyone...however with unknown defenses (most likely mines and zeroed in AT) unchecked flanking fire from the south, and potentially reinforcements from the east?

That seems vaguely suicidal, not that that's much of a deterrent to the Kriegans...

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Okay, sorry to say no content in my IC post yet - merely a placeholder in case orders come in.

Work and sick, blegh.
    I understand you, buddy. I hope you feel better soon!

Hmm. Interesting options we've got.

On a first chew through, that pincer might be the best way to go.

My thought was all the armored and mechanized units would charge the southern approach, as a veritable tide of angry metal boxes should (hopefully!) cause some issues for the defenders AT, and with our heaviest guns and most fearlessly suicidal clones, we should be able to crack that nut.

That'd leave the Adranteans to assist in the north, most likely in an attack on the DG's flank to try and roll it - my intention being to get the Casterians out from the grinder, and reorganized so that any Patriot from the east are conflicted on which position to reinforce and threatened by a counter-attack.

Gerry's an ornery old man and will go north (Guards in contact) and I'd think Crenshaw would as well, to facilitate communications between the Adranteans and the Casterians - and maybe deploy some of his famous charm and Adeptus rank pulling to guarantee some dial in some accurate or else... artillery fire against the dug-in Patriots, and try to line up some air-support for the eastern forces?

The west does offer an option to thrust in and cut into the northern positions from behind (armor and mechanized, while the 100th flank in the north) and potentially make mincemeat out for the Patriots in short order so we can consolidate everyone...however with unknown defenses (most likely mines and zeroed in AT) unchecked flanking fire from the south, and potentially reinforcements from the east?

That seems vaguely suicidal, not that that's much of a deterrent to the Kriegans...
    Encirclement is typically the best form of engagement in mobile warfare. The Captain would definitely agree to that strategy.

I was thinking if we have artillery elements on standby we can call-in a mixture of Willy P White Phosphorus smoke shells (at least the 40K equivalent) and HE. The White Phosphorus smoke would create concealment and poison enemy infantry while the HE would soften enemy hard points. The air elements might have to resort to using cannons and lascannons, rather than bombs and missiles (precision missiles will probably be okay, hunter-killers for example). To try and avoid as much collateral as possible.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 09-12-2019 at 07:45 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

maybe deploy some of his famous charm and Adeptus rank pulling to dial in some accurate or else... artillery fire
    I have a vision of Janie pointing at the runway on the map and saying “Just aim there then!” - using (as Jarms suggests) WP shells to lay down a smokescreen for any assault from the western approach.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I have a vision of Janie pointing at the runway on the map and saying “Just aim there then!” - using (as Jarms suggests) WP shells to lay down a smokescreen for any assault from the western approach.
    Now, now. Let’s not get our own men hit by white phosphorus! Let’s also hope the wind doesn’t change directions! In saying that, the Death Korps would probably feel right at home.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 09-12-2019 at 09:14 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

That would be her point - target the area that’s away from both valuable buildings and any mustering imperial forces, to provide cover prior to the attack.

Most of the deployed troops have been issued gas masks against the toxic hive air anyway, so together with full-body fatigues and flakweave they should be able to wade through the hot WP smoke without too much trouble.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 09-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We have access to white phosphorus equivalents, you say?

*flashbacks to Spec Ops: The Line*

Oh my, this gives me a horrible yet completely appropriate idea for Crenshaw...

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast