Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 65455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground War - recruitment and OOC

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Krypter forgetting Skitarii still have human needs like rest, hydration, and flushing the combat stimm cocktails from their bodies so their hearts don’t explode
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Regiment Name: Teph Min Wolf Pack / Pack Militia
    Regiment Type: Mixed Infantry
    Allegiance: Patriot

Trademarks:
    Their markings are those of a wolf silhouette on red backing and silver boarders. they claim the red represents the blood that has been spelt for the sake of freedom, or blood that will be spelt for the same.
    Through a few smaller skirmishes, this small band has gotten a better understanding of each other and have grown closer. There are a few jokes about being shot in one place or another, and references to ridiculous actions in and out of combat, one such becoming a sort of de-facto motto/war cry: "Takes one to give one."
    Another saying in the group is "Part of the pack," loosely used to refer to anyone on the side of the patriots, but is mostly used for those inside the regiment.

Colonel: Varnin Maxim, a rather lanky man with some odd quirks. Hes not at all tidy with spiky unkempt hair and ragged fatigues, but he's got a way of sneaking up on you and putting you on edge with piercing ember eyes that seem to glow, making you think of some stalking predator. He's a good man, but keeps everyone on their toes.

Captain: Bitan Grimm, a thicker man with arms almost as thick as logs. He's a rather big guy compared to everyone else in the group, and he can be hard when it comes to conflict, but is generally light hearted besides. His dark completion and massive figure might make you think of a bear.

Other members of note;
    Sisilia Anima: Supposedly a rogue phsycer looking for independence. One of the youngest in the group, everyone lovers her dearly as "little sister". She's been a great asset.

Tored Norin: Supposedly a former guardsman who defected to the patriots. decided that he was being spoon fed too much crap and saw what was going on.

Spoiler: Nores Finder 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-05-2021 at 09:51 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Rag-tag agri worlders, nice.

If you want to get involved straight away, you can have one of their companies arriving by drop ship to reinforce Dakka’s light infantry and AD’s robots while they reorganise for a counterattack.

Patriot ground forces thread is here.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Just to get a feel for the situation
    Patriots are the rebels, and the Imperiam is a tyrannical empire. So, basics of star wars, but it's 40k.
    I looked at a few videos and think I understand a the universe a little more. Still extremely new to 40k.

I assume there would be imperiam ships in orbit, with patriot ships trying to fend them off with ground forces fighting it out?
    There would be plenty of flack from ships and ground alike to try and prevent landing.
    I don't just want to make assumptions and screw up what has already been done for the scene.
    What I saw in the last few posts is a staff meeting. It seems fighting is still going on as the commanding officers are hashing out the situation and more plans.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-06-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    Just to get a feel for the situation
    Patriots are the rebels, and the Imperiam is a tyrannical empire. So, basics of star wars, but it's 40k.
    A valid enough interpretation.

I looked at a few videos and think I understand a the universe a little more. Still extremely new to 40k.
    There's a lot of story out there to get overwhelmed by, but almost any interpretation of the universe is valid (mostly because 40K itself steals from so many other stories, films and settings). So don't be afraid to write it through the lens of your own preferred inspiration, be that WW1, WW2, Vietnam, old westerns, Starship Troopers, Dune, Battlestar Galactica or whatever else!

I assume there would be imperiam ships in orbit, with patriot ships trying to fend them off with ground forces fighting it out?
    There would be plenty of flack from ships and ground alike to try and prevent landing.
    I don't just want to make assumptions and screw up what has already been done for the scene.
    What I saw in the last few posts is a staff meeting. It seems fighting is still going on as the commanding officers are hashing out the situation and more plans.
    You're probably correct about the ongoing fight in orbit, though since the Patriots have now secured the drop zone you'll be relatively safe from ground flak. You are landing on a dustbowl island ringed by mountains and it is hot.

The Imperials have withdrawn east to their own drop zone, where they have a prefab base and the beginnings of a supply dump. Tanks and artillery are known to be part of their defences, and the ground between you and them varies between rolling dunes and rockier terrain.

Friendly forces you can liaise with to plan the attack include Dakkagor's light infantry, Atrum Daemon's cyborgs, a company of rangers from Tephaine, and a few squads from the elite Patriot Nebula corps (think the Spartans from Halo, with a similar heroic mystique surrounding them).

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Alright, I'll get a post up later today then.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I will allow Dak and/or AD to reply before I post again

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    The ground was shit-all good for a sneaking advance until night fell, his men would stick out like a sore thumb under the blazing sun, and who knew how long that would be?
    I can’t find anything official, so courtesy of a random number generator: a day/night cycle on Marioch lasts 31 hours.

Our only other option would be a wide encirclement via the foothills three miles north-north-east, and I think thats going to take too much time."
    This time there’s no time pressure on your objective. Although true, the longer the Imperials are left alone, shenanigans may ensue.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I just really, really wish we had some armour assets on the patriot side!!

The 'no time for an encirclement' might be the guard officer in him talking. Most imperial (and real world) operations have pretty punishing time tables. If the other commanders want to go for the wide encirclement, or even better have a better plan, Jarn would be all ears.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I just really, really wish we had some armour assets on the patriot side!!
    Taking on another commitment is definitely a bad idea, but...

Would an outfit of suspiciously well-equipped mercenary commandos (somewhere on the continuum between Grenadiers and knockoff Scions) with Valkyries, Vendettas and Vultures check that box?

The Malfi Cartel absolutely might know some folks.

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 65455565758 ... LastLast