Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground War - recruitment and OOC

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I’m thinking that I should add a note before each new campaign to record company strength and any assets that are unavailable due to damage or special circumstances. Spaceships I will assume to be repaired back to full operation (if not perhaps full aesthetic perfection) between battles, unless they take some particularly serious damage.
    Definitely, the Legio's skitarii forces got proper mauled in the first campaign, and it will be reflected going forward, in that the princeps will be a lot less happy pushing into dense terrain without appropriate infantry screening. One of the Knights will be sporting a new POV character as a pilot. I would guess, @Azazeal849, that if I take a hit to raw numbers, I can replenish some of my heavier elements from Perinetus itself. (Skitarii being retasked to serve as onager crews, for example, and restocks of heavy servitors as make-weights).

As for mechanized infantry, the Jotunhel have been using bikes and quads since their inception, based on the Genestealer cults bikers.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

still think crusader bikers is cool

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    Oh, Paint. A reminder in case you want to use it. Any accompanying infantry are more than welcome to jump on the rear hulls and man the stubbers like Janie. My crews won’t be using them for most of the campaign, unless they’re in a dire situation or ambushed on the march. So feel free if you want some extra suppression.
    Oh, I haven’t forgotten. I only haven’t had the time to swing back around to the Docs. Blegh.

The Legion’s not about to leave those stubbers idled. I think we can expect a legionnaire will bitch about being too tall while the tanks are under fire, and wishing they had inherited the short gene like Janie…

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    like if we're in a space station, you cant bring vehicles there.
    I mean, if you don’t try hard enough you can’t…

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I’m thinking that I should add a note before each new campaign to record company strength and any assets that are unavailable due to damage or special circumstances. Spaceships I will assume to be repaired back to full operation (if not perhaps full aesthetic perfection) between battles, unless they take some particularly serious damage.
    I’m all for that idea, and if that’s going to be the case going ahead, would you like us to make a broad-brush accounting of our regiment’s available assets and / or how our POV companies are equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Definitely, the Legio's skitarii forces got proper mauled in the first campaign, and it will be reflected going forward, in that the princeps will be a lot less happy pushing into dense terrain without appropriate infantry screening. One of the Knights will be sporting a new POV character as a pilot. I would guess, @Azazeal849, that if I take a hit to raw numbers, I can replenish some of my heavier elements from Perinetus itself. (Skitarii being retasked to serve as onager crews, for example, and restocks of heavy servitors as make-weights).
    I would think that the Legio could’ve also had a word with Madame Veiss about servitor replacements. Mari has recently made a deal which could offer a potential wealth of biological components, and would be delighted to accept an invite aboard Shepherd (and maybe even angling for one, after Evgeni’s squadron took down those missiles) to have a discussion.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    I mean, if you don’t try hard enough you can’t...
    *Shoots battlecannon, breaches space station wall, everybody dies*

Seriously though, just the thought is bringing back DOW II Retribution vibes. Where in the Imperial Guard campaign you could still airdrop Leman Russes inside of a space hulk.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

lol

didn't dakka's pirates bring some light vehicles to the space station they raided?

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

lol

didn't dakka's pirates bring some light vehicles to the space station they raided?
    Mercenaries, not pirates. And yes, they used dirt bikes in the stations interior.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

mercenaries, pirates, is there much difference?

i mean this will ll due respect, which is a lot

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Being a Havenite be like

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

mercenaries, pirates, is there much difference?

i mean this will ll due respect, which is a lot
    “There is a difference. If I were a pirate, I’d have taken you for everything I damn well could and had the singular pleasure of slow carving you like a plump, glistening Emperor’s Day swine.
    However, much to your fortune, I’m not quite there yet. Yet.”

- Giselle V. De Havilland – Lady Captain, HDMS Imperialist - Privateer, former Imperial Navy Captain

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The scene where Lakshmi Kol melts down as she realises just who is boarding her ship (on its first Throne-damn mission? Not fair. Not fair!) is another scene that I'm dying to write.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast