Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground War - recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Forwarded.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Looks good from.my end, I'll post it up tomorrow to give me a chance to spell/grammar check

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Default I aim to please

Regiment Name: 112th Death Korp Mechanized Infantry
    Regiment Type: Mechanized Assault Infantry

Trademarks
    Motto: In Life, Sacrifice. In Death, Honor and Glory.
    Heraldry: Imperial Aquilla superimposed over a fractured skull

Colonel Reichenbach A rare moment when the Colonel was "convinced" by his regimental commissar to "dress appropriately" for a celebration

“Eventually all men offer the greatest sacrifice they can to the Emperor: Themselves.”

A tall and powerfully built man who can be seen as a model for what Krieg-style eugenics can achieve with their “particular” methods for raising their soldiers. He has served the Emperor with distinction and risen up through the ranks of the Death Korp to command his own regiment out of a kind of tenacity rarely seen among men of Krieg. His right arm and leg have long been replaced with finely crafted bionics after losing them to an Ork grenade and some reports state that while going into surgery, the then Senior Watchmaster stated that “it’s about damn time I made a proper sacrifice for His Glory.” The Colonel is oddly charismatic for a man of Krieg, willing to broker deals between other regimental officers and even have something of a decent conversation with a fellow human being. But at his heart he still carries that very utilitarian outlook on things and sees himself and all others as little more than glorious weapons to slay the enemies of Mankind no matter what shape they take.

Watchmaster Alpha

“Save what little grace you have left and don’t open your worthless maw ever again.”

Names are a rare thing among the Death Korp but when the time needs it, certain designations are given to officers for the sake of organization. Alpha is a solid and dependable soldier as one would want in such an officer. He is a harsh leader as one would expect from a Death Korp officer and in any other regiment would be highly disliked by the men under his command.

Commissar Bridget Valkyr Artist Impression of the Commissar after the regimental victory during the Cleansing of Odus Primary

“I know each and every one of these boys would gladly jump on a landmine at the slightest gesture. I’m still deciding if they are brave or just zealous.”

Bridget’s outlook has been harshly tempered by her service with the 112th. Already a strict political officer, she gained an appreciation for her office when her purpose in a Death Korp regiment was thrust into light by keeping several squads from wholesale executing a square full of civilians whose desperation nearly made them riot. Fifteen years of service in the ranks of the Death Korp has caused her to become rather draconian in her discipline when needed. A woman of tall stature with short, fiery red hair and eyes that seem to pierce the soul she is sometimes described as the kind of woman who would be a “fine catch” where she in any other profession.
    Last edited by Atrum Daemon; 08-25-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

That was quick!

I'll cue them in once Paint and I have hammered out an intro for Crenshaw, Gerry, and the Loyal Legion.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Cadian 2451st Orders for Outstanding Post:

Peter and Dieter, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - Grabbing weapons and equipment from Moxie's rear stowage box.
    - Finding a heavy weapons squad.
    - Making their way to an overwatch position, probably a hab/apartment block or rooftop.
    - Going to launch some krak rockets into Vanquisher and some frag rockets into rail wagons.

Sergeant Alexandre, 2nd Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - Hect and Aaron are going to fix the tank. They're going to call over a couple of ground pounders to assist.
    - Might Brazier is the going to move to support Lieutenant Ennius.

Lieutenant Ennius, 2nd Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - They're going to dump an AP round through the building into the Hydra. I don't expect the first round to penetrate due to having to penetrate the ruined building first. (It's shooting through the gaps, right?)
    - They're then going to follow up with a HE round to get a clearer shot.
    - Final AP shell will disable Hydra.

Sergeant Helen, 1st Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - They're going to pass out in different ways due to the psykic feedback they're receiving.
    - Manifesto is going to grind to a halt.
    - Loader is going to discharge smoke.
    - Helen is going to attempt to shoot Gwendolyn. She'll fail and pass out before she can open the cupola hatch.

Captain Antheia, HQ Section, 2nd Company:
    - She's going to be barking orders and keeping take of the battlefield.
    - She will be pissed that Manifesto is disabled by friendlies.
    - My Fair Lady will be sending HE rounds into weapon positions, with Mad Man on her flank. They will be leading the charge on their flank due to their additional ad-hoc armour.

Sergeant Mia, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - This post is to just give these characters some spotlight before they kick the bucket.
    - Driver and hull gunner will bail through hull floor escape hatch. They'll probably make a new crew with Peter and Dieter + a newbie further down the line.

Lieutenant Wilhelm, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company:
    - He's going to bring out the limited theater ammunition. They're going to load AP Chemical, essentially a battlecannon shell with a melta head and take out this Vanquisher.

The other tanks will be providing support. Once the enemy armour is destroyed they will support the infantry wherever necessary. Once this combat is over they're going to salvage what remains of their destroyed tanks, welding any intact armour segments and tracks as further ad-hoc armour.

Edit: I also updated my summary post, link in Az's opening.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 08-31-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    The other tanks will be providing support. Once the enemy armour is destroyed they will support the infantry wherever necessary. Once this combat is over they're going to salvage what remains of their destroyed tanks, welding any intact armour segments and tracks as further ad-hoc armour.
    The Loyal Legion may be able to help out your tankies with some trained crew in the interlude, as they're drawn from all sorts of regiments due the Patriots sending away anyone with questionably loyalty to the cause as reinforcements to already tithed regiments of loyalist Adranteans.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    The Loyal Legion may be able to help out your tankies with some trained crew in the interlude, as they're drawn from all sorts of regiments due the Patriots sending away anyone with questionably loyalty to the cause as reinforcements to already tithed regiments of loyalist Adranteans.
    Are any of my tanks recoverable or am I getting replacements? Otherwise I'm 2 tanks down and have 4 homeless crew. Peter, Dieter and Matchlocks hull gunner and driver.

If you do want to hand over 6 tankies, happy for you to name them. They're your men and I don't want to steal that from you. They'll have to take orders from Wilhelm though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Are any of my tanks recoverable or am I getting replacements? Otherwise I'm 2 tanks down and have 4 homeless crew. Peter, Dieter and Matchlocks hull gunner and driver.
    I guess we'll have to track down and steal reclaim that Patriot Vanquisher.

If you do want to hand over 6 tankies, happy for you to name them. They're your men and I don't want to steal that from you. They'll have to take orders from Wilhelm though.
    Ah, not much of an issue, as the loyalist Adranteans are already taking orders from foreigners. The tankies will be overjoyed to be tankies again, so I doubt they'll complain more than grunts normally do.

Shoot me a PM about what crew roles you'll need, and I'll see what I can do about whipping some characters up.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Are any of my tanks recoverable or am I getting replacements?
    Not in the next couple of hours, but I’m sure Midnight and Matchlock will be repaired by the next battle, it’ll be up to Wilhelm whether he wants to make Moxie the command tank of the new platoon or transfer his crew over to Midnight.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

By the time the senior officers arrived, the battle had wound down from a screaming, adrenaline-pumping cacophony to a wretched scene of choking dust, charnel-house reek, and the ugly sound of wounded men choking up blood.

It was a sadly familiar sight to colonel Iliana Ketch as she climbed down from the hatch of her command Chimera. The human mind was an adaptable thing, capable of numbing itself to almost any horror given enough exposure. It was easy to tell the queasy-looking frateris newcomers from her own indifferent Havenites, who were grimly standing guard, servicing their weapons mechanically, or even sleeping, exhausted, down in the corpse-strewn rubble.

She started towards the newly captured railhead where the Imperial forces were mustering for their next push. Medevac Valkyries, free to approach now that the AAA threat was eliminated, thwacked overhead as they winched up bloodied and broken men. Cadian tankies were making repairs to their mounts, while an Atlas recovery vehicle clanked and growled as it dragged the burned-out wreck of a Russ away from a ruined church. Another disabled Russ was lying dust-shrouded in the next street, still awaiting recovery.
    Are we having a commander get together in the interlude? Colonel Ernst Quirinus and Captain Jannet would love to be present. The former probably over the vox.

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast