Thread: Space War - recruitment and OOC

Sanity's Eclipse
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Retribution-Class Battleship Designated “Tiamat’s Claw”
    Allegiance: Imperial Crusade

This old and venerable vessel has a long and storied history of service to the Imperium. The machine spirit of the ship is rather stubborn and has been said to impart that quality on those who sit upon the command throne. The ship sports the standard armaments of a Retribution ship, bristling with weapon batteries on her flanks and the typical dorsal Lance batteries. Sitting above the bridge is a golden monument showcasing beautiful seraphic figures of the Emperor and some of his most renowned Saints.

“Tiamt’s Claw” was en-route from her last battlefront for some routine and needed repairs at the nearest starport that can accommodate her size and needs. However she was rerouted to support the war effort in Adrantis. One can only hope that the problems with her engines and a few sensors will not prove too much of a hampering for the vessel.

Ship Commander: Commodore Balthazar Granzt

An aged and venerable ship commander who has sat the command throne of “Tiamat’s Claw” for the majority of his adult life. A terrible injury during a boarding action almost left him permanently crippled but thanks to the work of a talented tech-priest he was fitted with an exo-frame that allowed him to keep using his legs as though he had never been hurt.
    Hit me up on discord: Mags#3126
    I'm just easier to get a hold of there. Just lemme know who you are

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Time to roll out the big guns...

Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Ramming speed! Brace for impact! I repeat all crew brace for impact!

Who needs guns when you have thousands of tons of metal being propelled at thousands of kilometres?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

That said, “thousands of tonnes of metal being propelled at thousands of kilometres per hour” pretty well describes the guns of an imperial vessel too.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

@Atrum Daemon; since Paint has just reminded me, you are welcome to have the Tiamat’s Claw warp into the ongoing Imperial engagement. You may assume that cardinal Tarpeian pulled some serious rank to throw the battleship straight to Coseflame when it arrived, without time for those engine repairs that warmaster Caiser and admiral Bravick would have much preferred to happen first.

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Oh sweet. I kept forgetting to ask about how best to introduce this flying behemoth.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The Claw has arrived.

"Surprise, futhermuckers!"

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

"We aren't happy to be here and now it's EVERYONE else's problem."

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

HDMS Pillar of Intent

A halo of fire surrounded Aeneas’ ship, its shields blowing back the explosions of a full broadside. It drove clear and returned fire. Commander Harwood’s Audax joined in with its own las batteries, sending the targeted Cobra reeling. One of the Patriot’s spar-mounted thruster manifolds crumpled, spraying drive plasma in all directions and sending the destroyer tumbling away.

And then they were clear, the void ahead of them open towards the enemy Chalice, which was arcing around and down as it sought to swat away Accusator’s bomber wave. Atomic explosions were already blooming around its drive section.

It was what every frigate captain dreamed of: a clear run, straight at an enemy capital ship.

“Captain,” Struss reported, “The Cobra we hit is breaking off. Other two are making straight for Resurgent.”

“Harwood requests any order update, sir.” Marie chimed in from her vox booth.
    Just want to double check, this is the last mention of Pillar? Or do my eyes deceive me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Aye, there was one last reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    The Scintillating Wrath, formerly the Exitus Est, was drifting away from the fight, held fast by Impiger. Twenty thousand kilometres distant, Retaliator had locked horns with a Patriot destroyer in a smaller but no less brutal boarding action.

Pillar and Audax peeled off starward, giving up the torpedo shot on Corrino to head off the two Cobras bearing down on Resurgent. The second Patriot battlecruiser flared to maximum acceleration and hauled away, pulling clear of Accusator’s bombers who reluctantly banked aside and buzzed back towards their homeship. At full burn, Corrino also began to outpace the pursuing Vehemens.
    Corrino would be the cruiser engaging AD's Claw.
    Last edited by PaintSerf; 07-07-2022 at 04:35 AM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast