Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Thread: Covert War - recruitment and OOC

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

yeah its not as weird as the psyker armors. one of which allows for time stoppage

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

@dakkagor; I have run out of time this weekend but I will have replies for you as soon as I get some more free time!

AD, I will also launch Patriot Ground campaign 2 for you at that time.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

No rush, I'm aware I need to get some over bits done for other threads

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

One down, one to go.

Alicia really, really hates Kally at this point, which isn’t conducive to snappy combat banter, but just in case there ends up being some conversation:

Alicia’s next move is to pivot and blow away the servo skull (she doesn’t know whose skull it was). The other three Nebulas are engaging the huntsmen.

Yes, the Nebulas did indeed talk Alicia out of going alone (this might be seen in the Patriot Ground thread).

Alicia agreed to bombard the crashed lander, but only because the Tain told her that there were no survivors left inside (she of course trusts its word on this). Since she can’t admit to a daemon giving her the info, she’d try and just play it off as “I knew.” (Uh huh…)

Alicia has heard about Kally’s augments, and take it from her, being a living weapon is no life.

She might have a dig at Kally’s relationship with Crenshaw, stating that they make a rather perfect pair of monsters. “You may be a blank, Kally, but that’s not what makes you soulless.”

Alicia’s new callsign is Striker Actual.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 10-20-2020 at 03:52 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Kally update is up - I didn't want to tie you down straight into another fight Dak, so I've left something of a cliffhanger. For an idea of what's really going on, PM me...or even better, PM PaintSerf.

Cf, I will update Kojiro once Paint has had a chance to reply for Crenshaw.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 11-03-2020 at 07:03 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Apologies, I have made an edit to Alicia’s section of Kally’s post because I can’t keep my notes straight. I suppose that’s what I get for attempting to bash out a post right after a 9-hour shift...

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

and that's what happens when you ask a death cultist his thoughts on possibly dying

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

osada be like

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

[*Departmento Munitorum:*]
    [*Personnel Request:*]
    [*Guardsmen:*]
    [*Corilithian:*]
    +++Corruption, Sections are Secured by order of the Inquisition+++
    [*TRAITOR*]
    [*Colonel, Klemens, Fenerentinus*]

Colonel Fenerentinus Klemens, Iron Aquila Recipient, Veteran of a Dozen Imperial Campaigns, TURNED HERO OF THE REPUBLIC! Join today, we need you! Ferny, needs you!

Name: Ferentinus "Ferny" Klemens
    Age: 72 Terran Years (his appearance has kept to that of his early 40's thanks to rejuvinant treatments)

Equipment:
    Weapons:
    - Hotshot laspistol or Hotshot lasgun: Depending on mission requirements
    - Officers sabre
    - Grenades: Varying types, depending on requirements

Armour/Fatigues:
    - Carapace Armour

Personal Heirlooms:
    - XI Re-breather Mask: Framed and kept above his office filing cabinets. The visor still cracked. A replica head lamp positioned beside it.
    - 1329th Corilithian Combat Fatigues & 94th Delphic Triarii Combat Fatigues: Kept in a trunk at the end of his bed. Time has taken a toll on the fatigues, the dyes are losing their colours and the fabric has patchwork fixes.
    - Lasgun: Pattern Corilithian XL, manufactorum stamp Forge world of the Seventh. Kept above his office mantel. A pair of replica rifle lamps mounted on either side.
    - Laspistol: Pattern Corilithia XL, manufactorum stamp Forge world of the Seventh. Kept in a lockbox under his bed.

Equipment/Miscellaneous:
    - Microbead
    - Ration Packs
    - Sundries; water canteen, ration packs, etc

Bio (Early Life - Governor Seydlitz Transport Incident):
    Ferentinius of the family Klemens, a working family on the forge world of Corilithia VII, often simply referred to as the Seventh. Compared to the rest of the planets across the Primus Mundos the forge world of Corilithia VII was completely independent. The boy had a hard life, forced into work at the manufactorum lines at an early age where he worked alongside the other children of his generation. His father, a man originally from the Ninth came in seek of a better life, one that was not given to him.

Disobedience is routinely punished upon the forge word, numerous counts leading to servitude imperpituis. Ferentinius' father suffered such a fate, the boy forced to watch as his father was tortured, his mind was wiped, his limbs removed and replaced with machinery. The young Klemens was branded soon thereafter, a reminder that the Mechanicus do not tolerate dissidents or damaged product.

His family fled, Ferentinius' mother blew their savings on a cargo freighter. Where they continued to live a more robust life on the Second, Klemens could never truly forget what he had seen nor would the mark upon his back allow him. When the boy closed his eyes he could feel the burning heat, the pain, his fathers screams. As time continued to pass those memories fell into the back of his mind, he had the branding removed and the boy joined the Guard as soon as he came of age.

He was attached to the Corilithian 1329th during the Ork invasion of Delphic, during this Klemens performed with distinction where he was soon bestowed with the rank of Corporal. Though just like many of the millions of Imperial Guard Regiments, the 1329th was largely forgotten and did not receive further combat assignments or off-world transport. The 1329th headquarters then began assisting in reconstruction efforts where they were eventually reorganized and attached into the 94th Delphic.

The 94th Delphic suffered a transport incident aboard the Governor Seydlitz during transit to Schattenwelt. Records and articles attained from surviving members of the Guard and Navy have suggested Ferentinius began to suffer from paranormal and paranoid disillusion during this event. Reports from medicae personal have stated that his mind is free of any noticeable taint and he has undergone numerous psych evaluations. Corporal Ferentinus Klemens remained with the regiment's grenadier contingent and is noted to have been awarded the Iron Aquila for actions in the subsequent Arcus crusade, also retaining a brevet squad command after sergeant Miller was killed in action.

Bio (Governor Seydlitz Transport Incident - Current Events):
    With the events of the Governor Seydlitz incident behind him and the conclusion of the Arcus crusade Klemens point of view became humbled. He learned much about himself and found his perspective changing to focus on those around him. His heroics and change of outlook earned him a crossover between NCO to CO, where he was put through a rapid officers training course. It lasted the length of transit and once Sergeant Klemens had now become a Lieutenant.

It took years of gruelling fighting and another regimental reshuffle until Ferentinius earned his next promotion to Captain. Where he was drafted out of the 94th Delphic and placed into other forces. It took another decade of distinction to earn his promotion to Colonel. His best years were slowly going behind him and all he wanted was to finally retire on some backwater world with his promised land pension. A dream that was becoming more distant and impossible by the day. His body and mind were going to be used and abused by the Guard, nothing more than a pawn for the Imperium. His continued loyalty rewarded with a rejuvenant treatment, but he knew it was just a method for the system to keep using him.

His dark thoughts began to come back, of his father, of his childhood with the Mechanicus. He tried to distract himself, making friends with the men and women under his command. Then he watched them die, spent as currency for the Empire he served, the Empire that demanded sacrifice. A few more years of bloodshed past, then the Colonel thought he scored a break. Another reshuffle and Klemens found himself at a desk job auditing the Adrantis Nebula.

For a time, he was happy. He had an office to himself, a staff, an elite grenadier regiment under his command, a nice apartment, plans to get a dog, or a cat. He hadn't decided. Then came the requests for biomancy treatment, and then the bionics. He denied them, citing his work in Adrantis was more important, that he had stumbled upon the whispers of something big. Those requests became demands.

Klemens chose to ignore them. It would take months, or hopefully, years for the Munitorum or Administratum to respond. They would have to drag him away, kicking and screaming before he would play good little solider again. He had a taste of an actual life, he had people depending on him. The whispers turned to intent, he'd found tangible evidence for a plan of secession from the Imperium. Rebellion. He didn't report it. Why should he?

Instead he fed the greater Imperium false information. Transferred equipment to depots near areas with growing rebellious sentiment. He let it fester and grow, the Imperium wouldn't have this world. Not his home, not the people he had grown to accustom to. He used the Imperium's bureaucratic inefficiencies against itself and instead for the aid of the Adranteans. Then he approached Tierce his actions would have him executed, he needed to double down.

Klemens revealed himself to them, the informant they were never aware of, the one who could have ruined everything but choose not to because he believed in the Adrantean way of life. He lobbied to them that he should become a senior military advisor, he was a hero of the Imperium. Whilst he knew they would use him, this time he had a choice, this time he believed in what he was doing was right. He tried to convince them, this was a move they had to make, he needed to be in this position when the shooting started. What was a better way to know the Imperium, to undermine the Imperium and spur the populace when you had a declared hero on your side?

Once the curtains opened and they revealed their traitorous hands. Klemens got to work. His grenadiers sieged Imperial holdouts, snatched their supplies before they could be turned against their movement. This wasn't just a rebellion, it was revolution.

[*Report Ends*]

The masks come off, what do I need to change?
    Last edited by Jarms48; 02-19-2021 at 03:06 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

:O Shocking twist!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast