Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covert War - recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Default Covert War - recruitment and OOC

Recruitment and OOC thread for the War in the Shadows campaign. Submit your characters for review here!

Major NPCs are detailed in the next post, and will be added to as the campaign progresses.

ICs are live! Click here for the Imperials and here for the Patriots.

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 

Last edited by Azazeal849; 02-03-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

MAJOR NPCs

Spoiler: The Imperial Crusade 

Spoiler: The Adrantean Patriots 
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 08-27-2022 at 10:20 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Shadow War Character Submission

Name: Meston Tilion

Position / rank: Guardsman

Appearance: A tall (6’4’’), larger set (230 lbs.) man with broad shoulders. He has brown hair, brown eyes, and usually keeps stubble.

Personality:
    • Ambitious
    • Hard-working
    • Fairly bright
    • Positive
    • Willing to do anything for the Imperium

Weapons: Chain sword, Lasgun, Combat Knife

Other Equipment: Flak Armor, Vox-caster, Medi-kit

Background: Born on Luna, Meston grew up living a normal life. Throughout his childhood, he looked up to the soldiers of the Imperial Guard, to the point that he joined the force as soon as he could. From there, his ambitions grew, hoping to get promoted up to an officer. That was, until he learned of the Inquisition. Now, he works his hardest so that he, too, may one day join their ranks as an Inquisitor.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Ah, smart muscle. Inquisitor Lucullis likes smart muscle. Although he probably won’t waste many words telling Meston what his chances of actually reaching inquisitorial rank are.

Accepted!

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Question, if it's all guardsmen, Could I make a Kill team instead? The concept is a forward operator unit akin to Paratroopers with a bit of engineering and EOD built in. The idea is they get sent to hit the Hives and other important locations to cause mass disruption and havoc then work their way back to prep a route for the main assault to follow. It's also the only time you will ever see a Taroux ejected from a spacecraft then landed with scraped together Jump Packs and a really big Parachute.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpnaster View Post
    It's also the only time you will ever see a Taroux ejected from a spacecraft then landed with scraped together Jump Packs and a really big Parachute.
    How very Fast and Furious 7.

To answer your question, this storyline won't be about Guardsmen - it'll be following the inquisition (and corresponding Patriot irregular forces). The best place for a kill team would be as a sub-part of the battles in the Ground storyline. Just let me know in advance if you'd like to focus on the kill team instead of the standard company (for a whole battle or just for a specific objective)

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Will do, Echo 77 will be among the first to go in, because I really want to push a Taroux out of a void craft in low orbit

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Name: Osada Kojiro (Imperial standard: Kojiro Osada)

Position / rank: Assassin (Shinobi, in the Sub-sector Yamato standard language)

Appearance: https://preview.redd.it/1hwsua5f5u17...abled&5628fff9
    Personality:

- Cold, but not unfeeling
    -Stern and serious, but capable of humor (his sense of humor usually deals with death)
    -Seemingly fearless in the face of adversity, but merely was trained to onquer his fear.
    -Hardworking and industrious
    -Pious, believe he is doing the God-Emperor's work with every life taken
    -Intelligent, but does not question the will or word of the Emperor.

Weapons: Power Sword (Kyotoro pattern Mk.II, pictured), Wrist-mounted needle pistol, Monoknife, Lifedrinkers; micro-serrated throwing knives.

Other: Hololithic armor, Combat Drugs, Medkit, smoke grenades, Catachan devil poison (used to poison the needles, mono-knife, and lifedrinkers)

Background: Born on Iga, a Feudal world in Sub-Sector Yamato, his early childhood was that of a peasant. However, as happened with many boys, he was kidnapped by one of several monastic orders living in the vast mountain ranges. There, he was taught to be a black hand of the Shogun (subsector Leader), and also to revere the Emperor.

He aught the eye of the Inquisition by aiding an inquisitor during an investigation into a possible cult brewing on the sub-sector capitol world, Sekai. He was able to wipe out the cult leadership along with 3 of his brother monks in a bloody night of retribution.
    Last edited by Cfavano; 05-26-2023 at 05:11 AM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Sanity's Eclipse
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Name: Enki Volkner
    Position/Rank: Magos Reductor
    Appearance: He is a massive man standing at seven feet tall with all his augments and quite broad to boot. The only thing human about his appearance is his shape and his face a spiked mask of cybernetics. All that remains of his human form is his brain and part of his spinal cord well-protected by his mechanical form.
    Personality: Cold and ruthless and also highly devout. Highly intelligent and logical yet his thoughts are often undermined by his intense devotion to the Omnissiah and the Mechanicus, though he believes the wider Imperium has strayed from the Machine God’s light. He is also prone to waxing religious in the performance of his work.
    Weapons: Power axe, a small case of melta bombs, three phospex grenades, meltagun, two weapon mounts on his back one containing a rad-cleanser and the other a graviton gun
    Other equipment: A suite of high-grade Mechanicus augments befitting a Magos including his armored chassis and his neural implants for advanced targeting and predictions as well as mapping structural weaknesses.
    Background: At one time he was a distinguished Magos, but Enki has experienced a falling from grace despite his centuries of work. He made an art of explosions and the patterns he created with blasts and ruined buildings were created with mathematic precision to please the aesthetics of the Machine God. There is much speculation as to why he was sent far away to Adrantis and much of his lands on his continuingly extreme views on the use of force in the Omnissiah’s name. While he retains his rank and all the power and respect that he had earned, his resources have become vastly limited from what he once enjoyed. His disgruntled attitude toward the profound disrespect shown to him by his peers in sending him to Adrantis, Enki joined Delzaharian after exactly five seconds of consideration.

Name: Omikron Zahir
    Position/Rank: Electro Priest
    Appearance: Standing at a solid six feet and five inches and nicely broad with the electric-blue skin typical of serving as a conduit for the Omnissiah’s wrath. A strong jaw and the melted remains of his eyes decorate his face as notable features.
    Personality: When not whipped into a manic religious frenzy, he is somewhat contained and calculating. He worries about little beyond what his master wishes and what light needs be darkened in the Omnissiah’s name.
    Weapons: Electroleech Staff
    Other equipment: electoos and various religious iconography
    Background: Zahir has served as Volkner’s faithful adjunct for several decades. The Magos’s will is his own so it was no surprise he followed in his footsteps to Adrantis. Zahir is a seasoned warrior of the battlefield who came up on some Mechanicus frontier world with a long designation number and not a name. Indoctrinated in the Mechanicus young and given to the Fulgerites after his formative religious training, he has known violence and violent ends for much of his life. Yet lately he has felt the strain of his superior’s religious fervor and quietly worries for his Lord’s stability.

Oh hey look its AD going out in a limb again with an idea

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

That makes two Loyalists and two Patriots!

Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast