Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Covert War - recruitment and OOC

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Thanks!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Another couple of NPCs added for imminent scenes. Also, apropos of nothing, I think I’ve found a theme song for Ella (and possibly a few other characters in this story, actually).

If hope could have a name, then the world is yours to save.

(Check out other stuff by this band, by the way - they’re excellent)

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

How goes the Gav vs Alyss scene?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    How goes the Gav vs Alyss scene?
    In progress. Dakka's sent me some fine material, but work was splendid this weekend so I haven't been able to do too much with it yet.

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

much the same here. There is stuff I need to work on, but work has been a bear

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i might jump bck into this section with a new character as its been so long

how does this concept sound?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I mean, Osada hasn't caught a stray las bolt, so he's still a completely viable.

What did you have in mind for a Mando-like character?

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

oh I thought he'd have been kille by now like Josiah

Well, perhaps something like a private bounty hunter. Not technically an INquisitorial henchman, but a mercenary one can hire to...well, kill or capture people because sometimes even a group og henchmen is too loud or maybe they can't get one with the right skills or in time.

to quote Inquisitor Amberley Vail:

"Some Inquisitors believe the Emperor’s work is best done by charging around the place like a grox in a ceramic emporium, leaving a trail of carnage and destruction in their wake, while others prefer not to let the enemies of all that’s good and holy get clean away by making it blindingly obvious they’re coming for them."

Plus people like that generally have more connections to the seedy underworld, and is usully more trustworthy than hive scum

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    oh I thought he'd have been killed by now like Josiah
    Negative, although there wasn’t much for Osada to do in this scene.

The team went diplomatic with the Divinatory Guard before the Jotunhel kicked off with snipers and it came down to each side’s psykers – it should be posted sometime soon, once I can finish off my last bits of the scene.

Well, perhaps something like a private bounty hunter. Not technically an Inquisitorial henchman, but a mercenary one can hire to...well, kill or capture people because sometimes even a group of henchmen is too loud or maybe they can't get one with the right skills or in time.
    Well, we do know that Lucullis does have a bunch of vacancies on his team…

…although it’s fair to say that Alia’s agents have some trust issues at the moment.

to quote Inquisitor Amberley Vail: "Some Inquisitors believe the Emperor’s work is best done by charging around the place like a grox in a ceramic emporium, leaving a trail of carnage and destruction in their wake, while others prefer not to let the enemies of all that’s good and holy get clean away by making it blindingly obvious they’re coming for them."
    In defense of Alia and Feyd as Inquisitors, while they’re both more than willing to overtly employ their rights as Inquisitors of the Holy Inquisition – but their preferred MO is to investigate, acquire evidence to make their case and then tell their marks that nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition.

Alia’s team have mostly operated in an undercover capacity (or at least not actively disclose they’re Throne Agents) in Prophet and Penitence and in Shades the two kill-teams Feyd sent in were unmarked as Inquisition so as not to raise the suspicion of the breathtakingly corrupt Vaxanide family, who Lucullis had intended to formally investigate after the daemon situation had been resolved.

The carnage and destruction which followed in the narrative was not intentionally done – Feyd was taking on two daemons actively working to be summoned and the Patriots were stringing along Alia’s team and walking the unwitting team into trap after trap until they could launch the revolution, all the while using those seemingly incidental confrontations as propaganda to fuel their own agenda.

Plus people like that generally have more connections to the seedy underworld, and is usually more trustworthy than hive scum
    Well...the downside to that is to have those connections, your potential new character would have to be an Adrantean (or at least spent a significant amount of time in the Nebula – and with the Patriot’s at it for twenty years building a pro-Adrantean narrative…immigrants may not be too welcome) which could be a problem as the Imperium’s invading the Adrantis Nebula because they’ve rebelled…so unless the character had a prior connection (most likely to Lucullis) you may find trust - such as anyone trusts in the Inquisition - may be somewhat lacking for a criminally-adjacent Adrantean.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Well, we do know that Lucullis does have a bunch of vacancies on his team…
    I've actually been wondering what sort of other people Feyd might have / want on his team (beside the Penitents, interrogator Erdene, astropath D'lane and explicator Marrick).

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast