Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.
The Rogue's Gallery
For life, liberty, and the pursuit of a mountain of gold!
No slots open
Backstory: In a land as ancient as Eisignol there are treasures and landmarks still undiscovered hidden among rolling hills and thick forests. From ancient civilizations to forgotten vales or grass and ice there is always more to find, and the most clever people find ways to make profit on it. Once such clever person was Dagur Harken a disgraced son of a high ranking Human lord who found himself without a home or an inheritance. The only skills he had were the martial skills and whatever education he could remember not too mention he's never done a normal day's work his entire life.
So with his only options being joining King Dova's army to die for men like his father or strike out in some direction to live or die on his own terms. He made the obvious choice( at least the obvious choice to him) he became an adventurer... and by the damn did it suck! If he wasn't starving he was fighting for his life, if he wasn't starving or fighting he was running for his life, and if he wasn't starving, fighting, or running he was hiding from something or someone out to kill him. With luck seeming to be the only thing keeping him alive.
Those first few years were rough, but soon he had to stop relying on luck and learned to work smarter not harder. He slowed down, honed his skills, earned some coin and soon he was a self-made man with a reputation for being able to find things on either pure brilliance or sheer happenstance no one really knew for sure and Dagur was never gonna tell.
But now years later he's taken too many arrows to the knee to be an adventurer anymore so he settled down in Balefire and founded the Rogue's Gallery mead hall and mercenary company. Offering strong drinks and strong arms to anyone willing to pay for it. Gathering people from all races into a single place and setting them out to find treasure and unknown places was almost as much fun as doing it himself, but the hugely better profits allow him to shallow his pride and let younger or more sturdy people go risk their lives for some bloated Knight's sword of legend or noblewoman's shiny bauble. And now a full twenty years after it's founding the Gallery has received a most unusual and potentially lucrative contract. Find the six shards of the ancient Ice Queen and return them to her heir on Novigard. But the shard are little more than myth and any info on them could only be found by visiting the Archives of the Three Kingdoms on the three borders between The Dominion, Ebonrock, and Avelar. With the end of a harsh winter taking it's toll on the Gallery's people Guildmaster Dagur has sent a notice out to all taverns and traders seeking new blood to help supplement his dwindled numbers.
Will you be one with a brave enough soul and strong enough arm to find a treasure too lost to even say if it was ever real?
Info: And there we have it! We'll be playing Mercenaries and Treasure Hunters under the employ of the Rogue's Gallery Company either a new recruit or a vet of many seasons. We come from every race, background, and skillset. But with our company comes a certain reputation, Dagur is thought by many to be a foolhardy moron playing games instead of a serious explorer and many who work for him are looked upon with the same kind of disdain, this has scared away many recruits and those that stayed were often disgraced or otherwise looked down upon and had no where else to go. But that doesn't mean we're back-stabbers in fact we're often the only friends the others have.
It's a very us vs them mentality, but still the vets make sure everyone stays civil. We're professionals and the best way to prove people wrong is to come back with a big bag of gold and the head of some unknown monster attached to your belt. And many of us have! But still the stigma remains, still though it's easy to deal with being called mean names if you're rich. Now this is High Fantasy akin to Lord of the Rings or Conan. New lands, different races, different religions, all as unique as can be. No real world politics, just surviving a hard but beautiful land and finding our fortune.
Tech: Usual medieval fare with crossbows and crude explosives being the top of the line. Swords, axes, maces, spears, bows and arrows you name it we will probably have it. While we have black powder, guns are still a distant dream and will remain so for the length of the RP. Plate Armor, siege engines, traps, chariots though are all a thing.
The Tears of the Ice Queen
Velaire "Vel" Hornshell The Undead Fighter by. P.K
Mynxella "Mynx" Jabberwalken Oce The Ocecat Huntress by bluemoon
Tristifer Barton The Human Sharpshooter by Dnafein
Yn and Faur The Dusha Kin Wanderers by Koti
Adam Dova The Hidden Human Prince by Siks
Balder of Stonestead The Giant Quartermaster by Siks
Elisheva "Sheva' Malkoth The Human Mage by Kris
Ashvel Noctrum The Vampire Medic by Yamimoon
Shel Gra-Makar The Orc Huntress by Leanna
Su Lin Mok The Human Ninja by Storm
Selene The Lycan Prisoner by Breggo13
Graik Eckers The Frogman Survivor by Stockholm
Nalvhasča Veniim The Dark Elf Assassin by The Texan Queen
Jamon Dewars made by Storm and at the bottom of Su Lin's sheet.
Jezibel Lupin of the Redscar made by Siks and Koti
Raenisa Nericeran The Snow Elf Warrior by Kortaga. Gone
Tarrok, the Storm-Caller The Orc Shaman by StormWolf Gone
Bigwit The Goblin Thief by RedKayne Gone
Team Adam: Mynx, Jamon, Sheva, Ash, and Nalvhasča.
Team Tris: Yn, Faur, Jezibel, Su Lin, Vel, and Selene.
Team Balder: Shel and Graik.
Gender (M or F)
Appearance(pic and/or description)
Role within the company:
Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4)
Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5)
Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons)
Armor(one sensible suit of armor):
- All RPA and Mature Section rules apply.
- I made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
- DNA and I are the GMs, and as such we have the last say in issues.
- Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
- If the problem persists, send us both sides and we'll see if we can help.
- If we help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
- Be active and post at least a paragraph a post once a week.
- Moderate to advanced writings skills only please.
- Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
- Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
- Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by me and I'll see about working them out.
- Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
- The GMs are the only judges of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send us word of your inactivity then we'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
- Everyone is allowed only 2 main chars.
- You can reserve a spot, it will only be held for a week though.
- As of now the races to pick from are, High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Snow Elves, Dwarfs, Humans, Trolls, Goblins, Orcs, Dusha Kin, Beastfolk( Mammalian, Reptilian, or Avian) Ogres, Half-Breeds( will need to be cleared by me and whatever Co-GMs I might find), Cursed( Vampires, Werewolves, Undead/Spirits), and Giants.
- Magic is a rare gift and this RP will only have three magic users in it.
- Half-Breeds while not uncommon are not looked well upon by some of the more traditional races and even some of the less traditional depending on the Half-Breed's linage.
- No Beastfolk can cross-breed(I.E. a Dolg Gramar cannot breed with a Windwalker or a Human same with the Cursed(I.E. No Werepires or Ghost Elves.)
- Like magic users Cursed are rare out in the general population I will only allow three Cursed in this RP.
- Dusha Kin players will be limited and will count as a magic user slot so once all those slots are gone this race will be closed until a slot opens up again.
- This is not a PC world, bad things will happen and groups like all the Cursed, Dark Elves, Orcs, and Ogres, are prejudiced against more at times and any race can be prejudiced against if the circumstance is there. Also while the sexes are mostly equal a certain prejudice exists among the various races, Elves in particular.
- If you've read down this far, put a good, two-paragraph in-character scene in the Other Section of the sheet displaying your character's skills.
I reserve the right to add, change, or remove anything in this RP at any time, nuances, rules, and characters included.