Page 1 of 233 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Rogue's Gallery OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Fantasy (M) The Rogue's Gallery OOC

IC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Rogue's Gallery

For life, liberty, and the pursuit of a mountain of gold!

1 slot(s) open

No Magic User Slots

No Cursed Slots

Backstory: In a land as ancient as Eisignol there are treasures and landmarks still undiscovered hidden among rolling hills and thick forests. From ancient civilizations to forgotten vales or grass and ice there is always more to find, and the most clever people find ways to make profit on it. Once such clever person was Dagur Harken a disgraced son of a high ranking Human lord who found himself without a home or an inheritance. The only skills he had were the martial skills and whatever education he could remember not too mention he's never done a normal day's work his entire life.

So with his only options being joining King Dova's army to die for men like his father or strike out in some direction to live or die on his own terms. He made the obvious choice( at least the obvious choice to him) he became an adventurer... and by the damn did it suck! If he wasn't starving he was fighting for his life, if he wasn't starving or fighting he was running for his life, and if he wasn't starving, fighting, or running he was hiding from something or someone out to kill him. With luck seeming to be the only thing keeping him alive.

Those first few years were rough, but soon he had to stop relying on luck and learned to work smarter not harder. He slowed down, honed his skills, earned some coin and soon he was a self-made man with a reputation for being able to find things on either pure brilliance or sheer happenstance no one really knew for sure and Dagur was never gonna tell.

But now years later he's taken too many arrows to the knee to be an adventurer anymore so he settled down in Balefire and founded the Rogue's Gallery mead hall and mercenary company. Offering strong drinks and strong arms to anyone willing to pay for it. Gathering people from all races into a single place and setting them out to find treasure and unknown places was almost as much fun as doing it himself, but the hugely better profits allow him to shallow his pride and let younger or more sturdy people go risk their lives for some bloated Knight's sword of legend or noblewoman's shiny bauble. And now a full twenty years after it's founding the Gallery has received a most unusual and potentially lucrative contract. Find the six shards of the ancient Ice Queen and return them to her heir on Novigard. But the shard are little more than myth and any info on them could only be found by visiting the Archives of the Three Kingdoms on the three borders between The Dominion, Ebonrock, and Avelar. With the end of a harsh winter taking it's toll on the Gallery's people Guildmaster Dagur has sent a notice out to all taverns and traders seeking new blood to help supplement his dwindled numbers.

Will you be one with a brave enough soul and strong enough arm to find a treasure too lost to even say if it was ever real?

Info: And there we have it! We'll be playing Mercenaries and Treasure Hunters under the employ of the Rogue's Gallery Company either a new recruit or a vet of many seasons. We come from every race, background, and skillset. But with our company comes a certain reputation, Dagur is thought by many to be a foolhardy moron playing games instead of a serious explorer and many who work for him are looked upon with the same kind of disdain, this has scared away many recruits and those that stayed were often disgraced or otherwise looked down upon and had no where else to go. But that doesn't mean we're back-stabbers in fact we're often the only friends the others have.

It's a very us vs them mentality, but still the vets make sure everyone stays civil. We're professionals and the best way to prove people wrong is to come back with a big bag of gold and the head of some unknown monster attached to your belt. And many of us have! But still the stigma remains, still though it's easy to deal with being called mean names if you're rich. Now this is High Fantasy akin to Lord of the Rings or Conan. New lands, different races, different religions, all as unique as can be. No real world politics, just surviving a hard but beautiful land and finding our fortune.

Tech: Usual medieval fare with crossbows and crude explosives being the top of the line. Swords, axes, maces, spears, bows and arrows you name it we will probably have it. While we have black powder, guns are still a distant dream and will remain so for the length of the RP. Plate Armor, siege engines, traps, chariots though are all a thing.

Spoiler: Races 

The Thirteen Tears of the Ice Queen

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Tear of

Reserved/Accepted list

Velaire "Vel" Hornshell The Undead Fighter by. P.K

Mynxella "Mynx" Jabberwalken Oce The Ocecat Huntress by bluemoon

Tristifer Barton The Human Sharpshooter by Dnafein

Yn and Faur The Dusha Kin Wanderers by Koti

Adam Dova The Hidden Human Prince by Siks

Balder of Stonestead The Giant Quartermaster by Siks

Elisheva "Sheva' Malkoth The Human Mage by Kris

Ashvel Noctrum The Vampire Medic by Yamimoon

Shel Gra-Makar The Orc Huntress by Leanna

Su Lin Mok The Human Ninja by Storm

Selene The Lycan Prisoner by Breggo13

Jarguff Blazemane The Dwarf Runesmith by Koti

NPC List

Jamon Dewars made by Storm and at the bottom of Su Lin's sheet.

Jezibel Lupin of the Redscar made by Siks and Koti

Lazuli Gem made by P.K. and under Vel's sheet.

Spoiler: Professionally commissioned character art 

Characters Leaving/gone

Raenisa Nericeran The Snow Elf Warrior by Kortaga. Gone

Tarrok, the Storm-Caller The Orc Shaman by StormWolf Gone

Bigwit The Goblin Thief by RedKayne Gone

Graik Eckers The Frogman Survivor by Stockholm Gone

Nalvhasèa Veniim The Dark Elf Assassin by The Texan Queen Gone

Rondoza Monico The Wolfman Juggler by Highland Sniper Gone

Current Teams

Team Adam: Mynx, Jamon, Sheva, and Ash,

Team Tris: Yn, Faur, Jezibel, Su Lin, Vel, and Selene.

Team Balder: Shel.

Character Skeleton

Name:

Appearance(pic and/or description)

Race:
    Role within the company:

Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4)

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5)

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons)

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

Equipment:

Personality:

Background:

Other:

Rules

1. All RPA and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. I made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. DNA and I are the GMs, and as such we have the last say in issues.
    4. Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
    5. If the problem persists, send us both sides and we'll see if we can help.
    6. If we help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
    7. Be active and post at least a paragraph a post once a week.
    8. Moderate to advanced writings skills only please.
    9. Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
    10. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    11. Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by me and I'll see about working them out.
    12. Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
    13. The GMs are the only judges of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send us word of your inactivity then we'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
    14. Everyone is allowed only 2 main chars.
    15. You can reserve a spot, it will only be held for a week though.
    16. As of now the races to pick from are, High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Snow Elves, Dwarfs, Humans, Trolls, Goblins, Orcs, Dusha Kin, Beastfolk( Mammalian, Reptilian, or Avian) Ogres, Half-Breeds( will need to be cleared by me and whatever Co-GMs I might find), Cursed( Vampires, Werewolves, Undead/Spirits), and Giants.
    17. Magic is a rare gift and this RP will only have three magic users in it.
    18. Half-Breeds while not uncommon are not looked well upon by some of the more traditional races and even some of the less traditional depending on the Half-Breed's linage.
    19. No Beastfolk can cross-breed(I.E. a Dolg Gramar cannot breed with a Varomaor or a Human same with the Cursed(I.E. No Werepires or Ghost Elves.)
    20. Like magic users Cursed are rare out in the general population I will only allow three Cursed in this RP.
    21. Dusha Kin players will be limited and will count as a magic user slot so once all those slots are gone this race will be closed until a slot opens up again.
    22. This is not a PC world, bad things will happen and groups like all the Cursed, Dark Elves, Orcs, and Ogres, are prejudiced against more at times and any race can be prejudiced against if the circumstance is there. Also while the sexes are mostly equal a certain prejudice exists among the various races, Elves in particular.
    23. If you've read down this far, put a good, two-paragraph in-character scene in the Other Section of the sheet displaying your character's skills.

I reserve the right to add, change, or remove anything in this RP at any time, nuances, rules, and characters included.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 09-15-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I reserve a spot for Yn/Faur. The first of the three magic users
    Last edited by Koti~; 11-05-2018 at 11:28 PM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The who in the what now? xD

Either way ok.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Reserve me as magic user as well please

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You got it Kri-Kri.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Tristifer Barton 
    Last edited by Dnafein; 12-23-2018 at 04:21 AM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Lol ok, if you're still up to Co-Gm drop a PM line and I'll go over the story arc with you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I would like to reserve a spot for a feline beastfolk. No magic.

Character Skeleton:

Name: Mynxella Jabberwalken Oce (Myn or Mynx)

Appearance: Mynx has a lithe figure and stands 5'9" in her bare feet. Her slender tail is long, with several rows of stripes near the tip. She never wears shoes or gloves, her digits human-like but with retractable claws. She has ice blue eyes with the typical elliptical pupils of her feline kin and long blondish hair. Covering her skin is a fine layer of cream-colored downy fur with dark brown patching--the exception being her lower face, abdomen, palms, and soles of her feet--which are bare. Her canine teeth are elongated allowing for the rendering and tearing of meat, which is the main part of her diet. Typically, she wears a brown lightweight body suit as a covering.

Spoiler: Mynx 

Race: Ocecat Beastfolk

Role within the company: Hunter

Racial Skills and Abilities:

--Exceptional night vision (as long as there is some trace of light)
    --Enhanced hearing
    --Enhanced sense of smell
    --Agility, similar to that of a feline

Normal Skills and Abilities:

--melee fighting
    --knife throwing
    --climbing (especially trees due to her claws)

Weapons:

--Axe
    --Short sword
    --Bowie knife

Armor: Her armor is similar to that shown in the picture below, minus the gloves and boots. It is made from leather and lightweight metals. (Disregard the model and weapons also please.)

Spoiler: armor 

Equipment: Mynx travels light, with only a waterskin made from a deer bladder on her hip, a small leather pouch with various minty herbs around her neck, and her weapons.

Personality: Mynx is a feline beastfolk, and as her cat predecessors, she is a moody one. She can adore you one moment and hiss and claw at you the next. Her loyalties are her own, and depending on what she wants, or needs, they may include another. Rarely, a strong bond may be formed--one with mutual benefits and rewards. Oddly, she also has a tendency to rub against those in her company--a way of marking them with a pheromone--which may seem odd, but she is fierce when fighting, and the scent allows her to discern her teammates from the enemy.

--raw meat
    --fire for its warmth
    --cuddling, mainly for the other being's body heat
    --minty herbs
    --napping

Dislikes:

--water: she will avoid getting wet whenever possible, which leads to her other dislike...
    --rain: staying dry is what it is all about
    --dogs of all kinds, whether Beastfolk, werewolves, or ordinary canines

Background: For as long as she can remember, Mynx belonged to a feral colony of Ocecats, the members constantly changing and the group always on the move, following the prey and the river. It was a hard life, but with its own rewards. There was the freedom of movement, the lack of strict laws, and the constant flux of new felines. There was never a boring moment--fights constantly breaking out as boundaries were stretched and torn. Although the colony was mostly made up of females and an alpha male, there were lower ranking toms which occasionally followed the group--a delicious treat for lonely females.

As for Mynx, she was a hunter, trained by her mother and the alpha male to track and sniff out prey. It was also where she learned to fight, a necessity when living off the land of others. As she matured, she began to strike out on her own, hunting and tracking larger beasts just for the thrill. Her treks became longer and more distant until finally she didn't return, branching out on her own for good. She used her skills to gain coin, always on the lookout for opportunities. For the past four years, she has been a member of the mercenary group.

Other:

Spoiler: just a little snippet 
    Last edited by bluemoon; 11-07-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Velaire Hornshell

Spoiler: Velaire 

Spoiler: Lazuli Gem (NPC) 
    Last edited by P.K.; 09-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You got it moon.

And congrats on being our first complete sheet Lark!

Page 1 of 233 12351 ... LastLast