Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [IC] Aurora Dreams: A Firefly Story [M]

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Jade was sleeping on her stomach with one arm as a pillow and the other laying in front of her. The cloth on her back was slighty red from the mirror glass but stopped bleeding for some time now. She moaned from her slumber and frowned when she moved a little. She moved her mouth licking the inside as though she was eating peanut butter.

The sound of the lock opening interrupted her slumber. She winched from the noise and groaned in annoyance once her eyes caught the light shining her room. She moans again and looked away from the light and breathes heavily. A voice filled the room telling Jade to get up and head down to the Galley. Jade nodded and breathes heavily once more before getting up and taking her clothes off. Her made shift bandage came off sticking from her dried blood skin and she hissed a little from the cuts. Tossing the bloody gauze to the corner of the room and left it there. She searched for her bag and picked it off the ground. Digging inside she finds only a white long sleeve shirt, a black vest and black pants. Sighs in disappointment about her choice of clothing or what was left of them. She had no choice to dress what she was dressed before and tied her hair in a ponytail with a few bangs hanging in the front.

Making her way to the Galley she finds a plate of decent food on the table and was told it was for her. She didn't say anything except moving to the seat and bringing the plate to her. Finally, actual food for her to eat instead of a single apple. Taking the fork and stabbed the meal a couple times. Listening to the duo talk about the big job they had planned. She frowned at the words.

"Doc, hopefully we won't need your services but I imagine you have the med bay prepared. We will also need you to keep an eye on our guest."

She dropped her fork and looked at the two. "Well...I guess you don't need my help or my documents after all." She looked to King with a concern look and leans back into her chair. "Is it because I beat the hútú dàn in a fight?" She pointed over her shoulder with her thumb pointing towards Fluke then looked at her with a glance. "You're infiltrating into a high secured facility. I don't think bringing grenades is what you would call...'subtle.'" She scoffed and leans back into her chair with her arms folded on her chest.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Michelangelo shook his head at the jabs. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to drop a few passengers off after the job was done. He thought to himself, before speaking. "Should probably do a final uniform inspection before we approach. They shouldn't be worn until we get ready to land anyway."

Mikey shrugged at Michael, "Junk and Frankie are gonna need the appropriate patches. I might have something, but anything extra would probably make it look a bit more.. Real?"

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

On the Bridge of the Aurora stood King, Cori and Jade while Michelangelo sat in his pilot seat. The others were down in the cargo bay ready to depart once the clearance was given. The original plan had been to bluff their way onto the station however with the codes Jade provided they should work getting them on. “This better work Connors or my threat of spacing you won't be a threat.” Cori said, still not warming up to their castaway.

“Alliance transport 347, hold position while clearance is authorized.” A voice said, from the comms. They had transmitted the codes a few minutes ago. The Aurora's ID tags had been spoofed to show they were in an alliance ship. It was a bit of tech that they used often, that allowed them to conceal who they were. “Scans indicated you are in a Komodo class ship. Not many of those left. I hear they can be real fancy. Sort of a luxury yacht.”

“My commander comes from an affluent family he likes his comfort.” Cori said, dropping her Rim accent and picking up one more suited to the Core worlds. “I am sure you are familiar with the type. Self entitled blow hards.” She glanced over to King with a smirk on her face.

“Worked for a few of those myself. Your codes are checking out however my deck officer has concerns as there are no inspections scheduled for this week.” The comms officer said.

She stood there. Watching as they worked through the plan. She glanced over to Cori about her threat. Still wearing her black and white suit and hair tied in a ponytail with a few bangs in front. Normally she would make a threat herself. Instead she had her arms crossed on her chest and leaned to one leg for comfort.

She listened carefully to the two as Cori conversed in a different tone. Her finger tapped on her arm still waiting for the codes to clear. Once she heard the magical words she relaxed a little and looked to Cori. “Guess you will have to space me some other time.” she smirked with her hand on hip. She slightly hissed a little while taking a deep breath and looked to King. “And what is my role?” She asked curiously. “Kill a few guards sniffing around?” Jade was curious about her job since none had told her what to do yet. Even she was thumped on they had planned other than what King had told her. “Or do you rather I find a requisition form and counterfeit it to bring guns and a bunch of other things aboard?” She joked and looked to the windows. “But that'll cost extra.”

“Cost extra? Like the repairs to the room you are staying in are going to cost?” Cori said, having heard about the brawl Fluke had gotten into. It really didn't surprise that Fluke had started something with Jade, there was a reason women like her joined the military. Cori had to admit she hadn't been much of a fighter when she was younger but had come to realize she enjoyed it after enlisting.

“No need for forms. An officer and his attaché are allowed weapons.” Michael stepped forward, time for his performance. “This is Captain Endeavor. Wake everyone up it’s time for Command’s favorite game. And guess what? You lot won. Your prize? Surprise inspection.”

“Aw come on.” He heard someone huff in the background.

“What was that? Want me to fail you all right now and rotate you out to sanitation on one of the rim world garrisons?” It was one of the least favored details. Being so far out meant certain regulations went ignored and the further out you got things got messy. And weird.

“No sir!” The man they were originally talking to replied. “I’m sure your orders are...well, in order.” Then he hissed. “Shut the fuck up you idiot.” Michael smirked, shaking his head. “Stand by for docking clearance.”

The comm line cut out then the operator staying off the line until they were close enough to dock and no doubt getting ready for the inspection. Since the end of the war the Alliance had a lot of soldiers and not enough for them to do so stations like this had soldiers without clear jobs and bored soldiers could mean plenty of mischief to go around. Before being shipped out Cori had been on a universal planet for closet to six weeks as they waited for transportation. A couple of the soldiers had worked up a still and started making their own liquor. Cori had never tasted anything so foul before nor had she gotten drunk off just one drink. Their commander had been okay will it but his boss had been furious when he found it and had run the platoon for hours. That had been the first time Cori had run while hungover and had stopped more times than she could count to lose her lunch.

“Take us in Mikey, keep her ready to leave in case things go as they usually do and we need to leave in a hurry.” Cori said.

“Certainly,” Michelangelo started his fingers gliding over the controls effortlessly. The Aurora smoothly maneuvering into position. “Don't forget to load your guns with bullets in case you need to pull the trigger.” He finished with a touch of sarcasm.

There was a dull clang as the airlocks grabbed each other, Mikey's fingers reducing the ship's engines down to a soft purr. There was no strain on either airlock as the ship perfectly matched the stations movements. The pilot leaned back smugly, another perfect dock under his belt. “Don't forget the souvenirs this time, eh?” Michelangelo finished.

Jade watched as the ship moved in place and in perfection position. She was amazed with the pilot’s skill. She smirked and looked through the main window before taking her leave. “How does a tooth sound?” She replied to his jest. Walking towards her room she looked to Cori before attempting to change. “Just tell your dog to stay on leash. She should be glad she left with just a minor head wound.”

She walked away and returned to her little rent a room and grabbed the garments which showed alliance colors. “This is ridiculous.” She muttered to herself and started undressing. Minutes passed and she walked out of the room looking rather spiffy in a uniform as though she belonged.

“Looks good on you.” Michael said as he eyed Jade. “Just remember no killing if we have too. Last thing we need is an entire station coming down on us. Yeah it’s a research station but we’re still outnumbered four to one.

The radio clicked to life. “Captain Endeavor this is Rhycom CT you’re clear to dock at pad twenty one.”

“Copy that twenty one, two one. Better have everything in order.” With that said Michael flipped it from the comm radio to the internal ship PA. “Boarding team meet at the docking ring. Game is on.” He let the radio go and let it fling back on it’s cord and swing in place against the wall and left the bridge. “Lets go people!”

When they reached the cargo bay everyone was assembled those going aboard the station were wearing their uniforms. Despite the rag tag crew they were they actually looked like a proper Alliance crew. “Alright, Fluke and Connors you two are with King. Fluke you are his security detail and Connors you are his valet.” Cori wasn’t happy to be taking Jade on the mission but she had given them the access codes. Least as Michael's valet she couldn’t get into too much trouble. Hopefully King could keep the two of them from killing each other. “Junk you and Frankie will be with me. Get to the device, remove it and we’ll get the hell off the station.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Frankie had stood, shifting from foot to foot nervously, wiping her hands down the legs of her borrowed clothing every few seconds to wick away the heavy damp. Her heart was pounding loudly in her ears.
    She had said little up until this moment and didnt think any words would ever come from her lips again. Her throat was thick with the tightness of anxiety.
    She glanced around at the others. They seemed fairly calm, as if this was a trip to the library. Francis knew she would be immediately give them away, just by the beads of nervous sweat moistening the back of her collar and making it scratch against her skin.
    She cleared her throat.
    Get it together!

The last time she felt so nervous was the during the war, when she'd seen her first serious war deformation. The man was laying limbless, spurting blood through the dodgy bandaging, a laceration to the scalp had peeled away the back of the man's hair that flapped open when he was thrown onto the cot, revealing bone. Spinal fluid leaked from his ears, dripping onto the mess at her feet.
    A tightly wrapped scrap of cloth was all that was holding his intestine from bursting forth through the deep cut through his torso. Burns obscured his face, melding flesh with uniform and bone, making a blistered, red and black mass that weeped with yellow pus. The bastard was in so much pain all he could manage was a moaning whimper, like the sound the dead make when haunting the wind.
    Frankie had felt bile rise in her throat as her stomach churned but not at the wounds, at the sheer fact that someone had placed this helpless life in her lap, had called her 'doctor' seriously for the first time and expected her to help.
    She had felt the cold tremors in her fingertips and knew that despite everything she could do with what she had, in the end, what would have been more useful to the unfortunate soul would have been a merciful overdose of opiates.

When the Captain appeared with the questionable mystery space flotsam, Jade, and then Cori, Frankie swallowed hard and straightened her back to a ridge posture of confidence.
    Cori called her and Junk to her and Frankie jammed her clammy fists tight into her pockets and nodded hard, not trusting herself to say anything.
    She'd left her hip dagger in her room, beneath the pillow on her bed, and was entering this unarmed and clueless.
    Keep your mouth shut, your eyes open, and your pee in your bladder. Frankie said to herself.
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Junk for her part looking like the proper Alliance engineer. Her uniform may be a year or two old, but Not much changes with Alliance uniforms. The plat always stands strong in decisions. She had herself stood up straighter in the uniform, her tools seeming organized for once upon her tool belt. There was even an Alliance issue tool box that she was carrying, mostly holding junked parts that they can toss out for room to store the device or store it in parts if needed. She didn't have the Alliance issued pistol, instead having her manual revolver in her holster, snapped shut to keep it from drawing attention.

She gave a proper Alliance salute to the captain and Cori, probably making them wonder how much time she had spent serving on an alliance vessel combined with the other facts like her own uniform with her name and rank on it. "Aye Captain. We...We will commence with th-the inspection pr-promptly." She straightened her tool belt and straightened up her uniform before nodded that she was prepared to go.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

At the cargo bay, the ever-vigilant amazon was eyeing Jade as she returned wearing alliance colors. Fluke's own purplish-gray Alliance overalls fell right over her combat armor and her Tez-2 rifle was slung over her shoulder. She looked ready for an all-out firefight, unlike the rest of the uniformed 'inspection crew'. On the bridge crew's request, she had refrained from bringing any grenades.

The only thing missing was a military cap. She preferred helmets, of course, but she'd lost her old alliance bucket on Du-Khang. Those purple-bellied pretenders always did aim high. Perhaps she could sneakily snatch one aboard the research center.

Done messing around, she walked up to the captain and fell in to his left. She took a peek at her nameplate. "Aria Hauer, reporting for duty." A frowny half-assed salute followed, and it became clear she was equally excited for the prospect of adventure as repulsed to be wearing the symbol of galactic oppression. "Let's get a move on, shall we?"

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Jade listened to her newly role as she firmly pressed the clothing on her to look flat and did not leave a single wrinkle in sight. Her head tilted up to hear the word 'Valet.' and scoffed as her duty assignment. "Great." She muttered. "Shall I get you a drink now or later?" She asked with a little attitude. She followed behind Fluke, the tall woman whom she managed to over power in her quarters. Standing behind King and next to Fluke she had felt the need to punch again but restrained herself from doing so.

She had a hat in her pocket and pulled it out and placed it on her head. She checked the lining with her two fingers placed on her nose bridge to properly wear the hat. Once that was done she looked around at the others and waited while placing her arms behind her back and feet passed her shoulder. "Ready." She muttered.

Better Then Expected
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael entered the cargo bay as the ship jostled with the docking clamps engaging. “Show time people. Game faces on.” The bay opened and Michael stepped out. Immediately he was met by the station commander.

“Captain Endeavor, welcome. What a lovely surprise. I am Administrator Ginsburg.” Ginsburg was an older man with graying hair, bald spot in the back.

Michael waves him off. “No need to lie. I know we aren’t a welcome sight. But we have a job to do. This is my entourage.”

As the doors opened Cori straightening her uniform, ensuring it looked right despite how wrong it felt. Michael spoke with the station administrator a bit the usual banter that that went back an forth among officer flexing. "We'll need to confirm your clearances. If you would sir?" An aid from beside Ginsburg said, holding out a card reader. Cori moved first taking one of the access cards they had bought from Badger from her pocket and swiping it on the card reader. This was the moment of truth if Badger sold them actual cards or if he had scammed them. The card reader blinked green and an image of Cori appeared with the name Lieutenant Hazel Gonzalez. "All clear Lt. Gonzalez." The aid said, then looked to Michael and the others.

Michael let out an internal sigh of relief as Cori's fake ID came up on the scan. He was glad Badger came through, and sad he didn't have a reason to put a few rounds in the prick. Moving his hand away from his gun he used it to retrieve his ID. "Here."

Swiping the ID the attendant handed it back to him. "Here you are Captain."

"Thank you." He pocketed it. "We almost done here?"

"Almost." Ginsburg replied. "What would you like to see first?"

Michael scratched his chin. "We can see your files. Then I can take our mechanic to see your project. What do you think LT?"

One by each of them scanned their cards, each one clearing with the alias Badger had rigged for the cards. Cori tried not to appear like she was holding her breath as each card was scanned. She never fully trusted Badger as he always did what was best for him. Cori surely knew she had pissed him off more times than she could count. Finally after the last one had scanned she returned her breathing to normal. They all had worked. "Perhaps it would be best if you covered the paperwork while I took our mechanics to equipment. Divide and conquer. After all we all are on a time table. We still have three more stations to inspect before the end of the week." Cori said. The less time they spent on this station the less chance of something going wrong and being discovered as frauds.

She then recalled that they were posing as Alliance soldiers who were big on formalities and technically she was lower ranking than him. Oh the Aurora they never really pushed rank despite there being a chain of command. Michael never really pressed that he was the Captain and she the first mate unless Cori was being a horse's ass. Depending on how drunk or high she was it usually involved a few punches being thrown as well. "Sir." She added, nodding her head to him respectfully.

Michael nodded to Cori. "Excellent idea Lieutenant. Need to keep on schedule. I'll go to the main office with Ginsburg and check their files. You go make sure their techs are following protocol."

"I'll have my assistant Anderson here lead your people if that's ok?" Ginsburg called up an over eager young assistant who was just looking for the chance to prove herself. "Shall we proceed?"

"We shall." Michael stopped next to Cori, looking at the assistant and then back to his first mate. "Try not to make her cry ok?"

"No promises, sir." Cori said, looking the girl up and down. She was young by the looks of her barely nineteen and fresh from the academy. To get a position like an assistant on a research station she had to of known someone. No doubt she was from a prominent family from the Core. "Fluke and Hesson with me."

She gestured for the assistant to lead the way. As they walked Cori was next to Anderson letting the other two follow behind. She may not be an Alliance solder but she certainly knew how to carry herself like one. All those years of charm school and living with a military father paying on. Anderson definitely looked intermediated. She kept looking to Cori and then back to where they were walking. Each time she glanced at the brace on Cori's leg. "Ma'am did you serve in the war" Anderson asked.

"What you really want to know is did this happen in the war?" Cori said, reaching down and tapping on her leg. It was sore but thanks to Mei's massage and the injections it was bearable. "Yes, and if you are smart that is all you ask."

With a nod of his head in the other direction Michael gave a silent order for the other two to follow behind him. "I'm sure you'll find everything in order Captain." Ginsburg assured Michael.

"I better." Michael played up looking around the station as they walked towards the main office. "The last thing I'm sure you want is sanctions for not following protocol." Ginsburg paled slightly at the mention of fines. He always took a bit of joy in taking the wind out of someone's sails. "But we'll see." The inside of the main office was loaded with terminals in a semi circle, all before a large screen on the wall. "Give my tech access to all the required files. You two, go over it with a fine tooth comb and notify me if you see any discrepancies. Be sure to take your time." The longer they distracted the station administrator the more time Cori had to nab their target.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She frowned when the others had swiped their ID Badges across the scanner and each one had a picture of themselves with different names. She looked to the others and thought about the ID she was given. She takes a deep breath and quickly reached into her pocket with a badge she had kept since her first time sneaking into an Alliance facility. The name "Jesse Valaria." appeared and her face with a slight smile. It was luck that her title was "Assistant."

She followed King like a pet would. Though her mind wondered as she looked around the facility. Keeping track and doing her best to remember which hallways they used. In case if this had gone sour.

Once they arrived in the main terminal area. Connors looked around and examined most of the terminals that was operational.

"Give my tech access to all the required files. You two, go over it with a fine tooth comb and notify me if you see any discrepancies. Be sure to take your time."

She smirked her lips and closed her eyes a little tight. 'Damn.' She said in her thoughts. Then placed the smile back on her face. "Yes sir." She said with a little aggression. She walked over to one of the terminals and started going through some files and checked some other things while she was at it. Her typing was fast and decisive of what she was looking for. Though the majority if it was looking at random pages of non-classified information.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Anderson led them through the winding corridors of the station all the while Cori made a mental know of each turn should they have to make their way back in a hurry. Knowing how their missions usually went it was a good possibility of just that happening. After a short walk they ended up in a laboratory, there were about six technicians in the room working on various terminals and stations. Cori looked around noticing there were four guards also stationed in the room. “My people will need the room, all nonessential leave.” Cori said, in her best authoritarian voice though no one moved except to look at Anderson.

“Do as the lieutenant says.” Anderson said, causing all but two technicians and two guards leave.

Cori gestured for Frankie and Junk to get to work. The two geeks started 'inspecting' the machine but in reality they were looking for ways to remove the device without setting off any alarms. Not to mention alerting those left in the room. That was were Cori came in, she took a closer look at the guards. They were older, and by the looks of both had served in the war. Ignoring Anderson she walked over to the two soldiers leaning against the wall. She noticed a ribbon on the chest of both of their uniforms for Serenity Battle. Reaching into her coat pocket she pulled out a flask holding it out to the two soldiers, “I see a couple heroes of Serenity and I have to offer them a drink.” Cori said, despising the words as they left her mouth.

“You serve in the battle?” One of the guards said, taking the flask from her and taking a swig. He had barely swallowed the liquid when he let out a deep cough. “Strong stuff.”

“Not on Serenity. I got hemmed up in Du-Khang side lined me for the rest of the war.” Cori said, motioning down to her leg. “I've heard all kinds of stories though and would love to hear more.”

“You probably have a few good ones from Du-Khang.” The second soldier said, taking the flask from the other before having a drink himself. The two soldiers passed it back and forth for a while trading war stories, it was a good sized flask and had some very strong St. Albans vodka in it. The miners on the planet distilled the vodka and it was some of the most potent liquor in the verse. Cori had won a case of it in a poker game the last time they had been on St. Albans. Her trip there hadn't started out well as she picked a fight with on of the locals but after a good tussle she won the favor of the miners for showing them a good match. Micheal had been pissed at first but had enjoyed the benefits that being friends with the miners had given them.

While the two soldiers quickly got drunk on the vodka Cori watched the two technicians who both seemed to be taking advantage of the unscheduled break. They were huddled around a coffee pot paying no attention to Frankie, Junk or Cori. Allowing Junk to slowly work on unhooking the machine. Something Junk did caused the device to beep drawing the attention of the technicians. “Hey what the hell are you doing?” One of the technicians said, moving closer to Junk who as always was tongue tided around strangers.

Cori walked across the room lightly pushing the technician back away from Junk. “It's beyond your clearance.” Cori said, hoping that would be enough to get him to back off.

“Like hell it is. She's disconnecting the device.” The technician said.

“Damnit.” Cori muttered then headbutted the technician knocking him to the ground. She reached into her sleeve and pulled out a knife sending it flying across the room into the neck of one of the guard's throat as he was reaching for a panic button. Thankfully he dropped to the ground before he was able to hit it. With a groan she lunged across the room to the other soldier punching him in the face. He was so drunk that it only took one hit to knock him out. She then turned to the other tech and Anderson holding her a pistol on each of them. “Up against the wall and you might get out of this alive.” Cori said.

Both Frankie and Junk had stopped working on the device, standing there watching Cori take out the guards. “Hurry up and get back to work.” Cori hissed not liking how this was quickly going sideways. She tied up everyone who was still alive being sure to gag each of them. By the time she was done Junk and Frankie had removed the device. A small silver orb about the size of a basketball. She tossed Junk a bag and instructed her to put the device in it. “Alright we are going to act like none of this happened and met up with the others to get the hell off this station. Hopefully before anyone else realized what we've done.”

They left the room and Cori paused at the door looking to Junk. “Can you rig this panel to malfunction and not let anyone in?” The mechanic nodded and quickly went to work. Cori tapped a communication device on her wrist opening a channel to Micheal's ear piece. “King, we got the device but it wasn't a smooth as we would like. Our cover isn't blown yet but it will be soon.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast