Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Aurora Dreams: A Firefly Story [M]

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Michelangelo watched Cori leave the cockpit and leaned back strumming his guitar idily. He ran through the plan multiple times and each time it was as sound as the first. A report of missing uniforms draws attention, and someone who's too embarrassed to report the loss never does. And corpses draw more attention than missing uniforms. So this was indeed the best way. Unfortunately that meant Mikey had to either explain the plan to the doc or pull a fast one on her.

Taking a deep breath he set his guitar down and headed into the ship. Reaching the medbay he popped his head in and saw it empty. Relief flooded the youth as he quickly moved in and pulled the door shut behind him. Locking it he moved to the doc's medicine cabinet and quickly pulled out a lockpick. His deft fingers moved quickly and the pilot had the door open. Michelangelo quickly shifted the bottles looking for a particular label. Finally finding it he pulled it out and popped the lid off. Slipping about 10 from his bottle into his pocket he recapped the bottle and put it back.

The youth closed and relocked the cabinet then unlocked and exited the medbay. As innocent as he could he made his way off the ship after reading the note Cori left him. Moving through the streets looking for the place Michelangelo hummed quietly to himself, trying to recall the most patriotic songs of the alliance. Something to distract and entertain. As he entered the bar and his eyes scanned the tables Mikey felt his stomach jump. Something it always did when pulling a prank, as excitement mixed with fear. A feeling he always got when pulling a stunt in the sky.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Junk had crawled up into the hammock she had set up in the engine room. She did have herself a bed stuck into a corner, but she did prefer the hammock. Mainly for the rocking motion that she sometimes got from the ship. She had the tablet laying on her belly, fingers upon the screen as she looked up at the ceiling. She was muttering softly to herself, pausing occasionally like she was having some sort of conversation with someone. It was like this for a few minutes before she finally sat up, turning the tablet off. As she got out of the hammock she gave the engine a stroke along it and dropped down to the ground.

She opened up her door and glanced around with a little frown. She didn't want to, but she needed to find.... Whoever it was and teach them about the lingo she'd need to know. She had no idea where she was and with everyone else seeming to have scramed, it seemed that she probably wasn't told that Junk was roomed with the engine. Was she gonna have to search the ship herself for the new person? What if she ran into the person that was like Cori? She didn't want to deal with another person that might punch at the drop of a hat. So Junk just stayed there in the doorway, contenting herself with her glancing around the hallway from the door.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Frank had walked the way back to her room and grabbed a small notebook and pen. To big for her pocket, she held them awkwardly, like a high school freshman on the first day of school. She hesitated at her door, glancing back at her stuff in the tiny room.
    If she thought to long on how she ended up here, she might lose her mind....and her nerves.

Better now than later. She didnt know what she was going to have to learn, how much of it there was to know, but she was well aware of the time constraint.
    Francis cleared her throat, squared her shoulders and started toward down the halls, looking for the quiet mechanic.
    She remembered the engine room mentioned on the tour, and the cockpit and the cargo bay.
    She wondered in the general direction for a several minutes, feeling more an more unsure of herself.
    Watch Sutton, or the Captain catch me wondering like a idiot. She thought.
    It was all she needed, more humiliation.

Grumbling to herself, Frankie turned a corner.
    Before her was the woman's small figure in the doorway. Frankie edged closer, slowly, feeling her palms dampen. She knew she'd be noticed eventually but she didnt want to just show up next to her in some awkward surprise.
    Frankie cleared her throat.
    "Hey." She said a few feet away, "You do the, uh, engine biz, right? Im your new student...such as it is."
    She tried on a weak smile, but didnt even feel convinced herself that it succeeded.
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default ADN x Ushima x Lleona x Dnafein

Sitting in her corner Cori ordered a whiskey paying the bar keep to leave the bottle so she could serve herself. It would work well when she was ready to drug the two unfortunate soldiers whose uniforms they were going to sell. With her pouring the drinks she could easily slip either the sedative or Yohimbe powder into the drink. Her eyes fell on a pair of soldiers standing next to the bar. They were ensigns judging by the belt that ran across their chests and the berets tucked into the belt. Even if she didn't have her Independent training to recognize the ranks, growing up she had been around enough soldiers to know what was what. She glanced over to the door seeing it open and Michelangelo walk in heading to a table close to hers but not the same one. He was close enough for them to speak without being seen together. "By the bar. Those two are so green it almost isn't fair." Cori said, lowly taking a sip of her drink.

“Second thoughts?” Michelangelo asked in a similar voice as he made his spot at the table comfortable. His eyes quickly studied the two indicated; Easy targets normally don't appeal to the pilot as the challenge made the pranks worthwhile. However in this, easy is safer and safer is better. He raised a hand to the barkeep beyond them ordering a drink.

"Not at all." Cori said, holding her hand out for the sedative. "I did say almost. These bastards deserve whatever they got coming to them and more. You of all people should know the kind of assholes the Alliance are." She chuckled thinking of what was going to happen to the two of them. They were green but they had that smug better than you look to them. Cori had to admit this might be more satisfying than just beating the crap out of them.

Michael threw his poncho over himself after redressing. Thankfully his hood and collar covered the marks Mei left on his neck and shoulder. He was feeling much more relaxed as he carried the box with her back to the ship. "Ok we're dropping this off and headed back out." Lowering the ramp Michael set Mei's things just inside before closing it again. The Black Orchard was easy to find and the two entered the establishment. "I see them over there." Michael started moving toward the two with Mei in tow.

Cori saw King and Mei walk into the bar, she stood grabbing her bottle and headed over to the pair. As she got closer she noticed King's hair was wet and Mei's looked like it had been blown dried recently. Her eye brow arched at King as she walked right past him and embraced Mei kissing her on both cheeks then the lips, "Darling so good to see you." She said, her Spanish accent disappearing and being replaced with that of a Southern belle. She linked her arm in Mei's no doubt leading a very confused companion away from the captain and to the bar. Before breaking eye contact with King she nodded over to where Michelangelo was sitting.

They reached the bar and Cori positioned them right next to the two Alliance soldiers bumping lightly into one of them with her bottom. She set her bottle down on the counter and looked to the bartender, "Two glasses for my friend and I." She said, her arm resting on Mei's and stroking it softly. "You know darling I must say I am mighty appreciative of you schooling me in the arts of love. As much as my father would disapprove I do believe it is going to help me find a husband. A girl must know how to keep her man happy." Cori said, loud enough to force the two soldiers to eavesdrop on them hopping that Mei would pick up on what she was doing and play along. She was springing this on Mei with no warning but when she had seen the companion walk in with King the idea popped in her head and was surely to draw the soldiers to them. King wouldn't approve of it but it was too late to back out now. So in a way she had blind sided him as well, granted he should have been expecting it from Cori. She always was the sort to act first and not care about the consequences.

Michelangelo quickly scooped the majority of the pills from his pocket, discreetly handing them to Cori. Sitting at his table the youth pondered the best way to get the young purple bellies to his table and the drinks flowing. Smiling at the waitress who brought him his drink Mikey paid her, anything further was interrupted by Cori’s sudden beeline. Following her movements with his eyes the pilot ordered a beer from the waitress.

“Fancy seeing you here.” Michelangelo said as the Captain joined him, the waitress setting the beer before Michael.

"Cori is out and about in an Alliance owned establishment. That usually means I have a mess to talk her out of and or pay people to look the other way." Michael had a drink of his own. "So do you want to fill me in on what's going on or is this another surprise the captain deals and I have to just watch and react?"

Mei was a little bit confused when Cori dragged her and acted around her like they were friends for a long time. When Cori talked she was once again shocked and felt like something was amiss. Since she was now part of the crew she gave Cori the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh shush you! There's no need to thank me, I'm always glad to share my experiences, especially the ones that involved night time activities."

Mei replied letting out an alluring laughter as she flipped her loose hair to the side and giving the soldiers, which she saw Cori giving a peek, shy glances. Mei wondered of she read Cori's intention right. If ever she was wrong she can easily correct it.

Cori smiled and patted Mei lightly on the arm signalling she was on the right path. Her feeling about Mei had been right and she picked up her intention. Mei had been in the meeting and knew they would need uniforms. Acting like this made Cori think back to her life before the war, more carefree. This was hardly the first time she had played stupid, in her old life it was something she did often as powerful people like to feel superior. Cordelia Sexton had been an expert at tricking people into what she wanted. She poured a couple of glasses pushing one to Mei as she picked up her own and took a drink. Then she let out a playful giggle that was your typical drunk girl laugh. The few drinks she had was no where near what it took to get her drunk but she could fake it. The injection she had taken earlier was doing a fine job of keeping her high and playing a drunk ditz was easy. Without it she would have worked harder on her acting as her default these days was moody, broody and angry.

"Oh playing with you has just been marvelous and I have enjoyed it so much. But when are we going to get to play with a boy or two? I am supposed to be learning how to get a husband." Cori laughed then playfully smacked Mei's shoulder and staggered back a bit like she was was uneasy on her feet. Taking a step back she knocked into one of the soldiers. "If I didn't know better I would think you were taking advantage of me."

“Hold on a second.” Mikey said, motioning for the captain to sit, “Are you saying that you think Cori needs a babysitter?”

Michelangelo leaned back suddenly hurt. “Are you saying you don't think I would be a good babysitter?”

Michael nearly spit out his drink as he watched Cori. "She's not seriously doing that is she?"

“You avoided my questions.” Mikey saided faking insult. “I will not answer yours. Not without a bigger cut.”

Michael cast the young pilot an annoyed look. "No I don't. I think you need a babysitter young blood."

Mei saw that Cori bumped into one of the soldiers confirming her hunch that this persons seemed to be their targets. She stood up and went to the guards with a coyish smile her eyes appeared to have little haze in it making her appear like she was a little bit tipsy. Mei placed her hand on top of the soldiers shoulder slowly sliding it down sensually to the side of his arm, her eyes tracing the soldiers trained body.

"I'm sorry mister soldier, my friend didn't mean it. She was just feeling a little lonely. Can I bother you to forgive us?"

Mei looked up her tongue slowly licked her lips making it appear glossy and inviting alluring the two soldier because she seemed like she was begging for attention. The two soldier chuckled having their interest caught by Mei making the two focus on the girls in front of them.

"If we ever offended Mr soldier, my friend and I are willing to offer anything just to apologize."

She added tilting her head to the side a little while drawling her words out, her cheeks became red as she made her eyes looked like it was burning with wanton desire. From the eyes of the two soldiers she can clearly see that the two fancied them and that she already got them hooked in their trap. Continuing with her act she chided Cori like a little child from her mistake in front of the two while giving the soldiers an inviting glance paired with a sexy smirk.

Gods, the woman was good. The two soldiers had to be turned on by the sight of Mei's performance, Cori sure knew she was. Being with a companion was unlike anything else. They were trained in the art of pleasure and the heights they could take someone to were amazing. It had been some time since Cori had sought out the services of a companion not since before the war. It was a little out of her price range. She was sure her account was still on the companion rolls and it would be charged to her father but it would also give away where she was. Cori wasn't about to give that away. No doubt her mother would send someone to bring her back to New Cardiff. She put her best pout on her face looking at Mei then the soldiers. "Perhaps you would like to join us?" Cori said, holding up the bottle up.

"We're not on duty again until tomorrow morning so why not." One of the soldiers said, gesturing to the barkeep for a couple more glasses. His friend smiled and wrapped on arm around each of the girl's waists guiding them over a table. It wasn't in the area of Michelangelo and King but in clear view of them. While they walked Cori discreetly poured the Yohimbe powder and sedatives into the bottle, swirling it around to mix it. The four of them came to the table where the two men sat down.

Cori leaned into Mei acting like she lost her balance again, she pressed a kiss to Mei's neck as a clumsy attempt to cover her stumble and whispered in her ear, "Don't drink from the bottle." Before sitting herself down on one of the soldier's laps and filling two more glasses.

Mei heard Cori's warning loud and clear. She shot the other girl an amused teasing look. She copied Cori and also sat down at the others lap, intentionally grinding down at the other while she tried to make herself comfortable, making the soldier grunt a little bit from the teasing. Mei can feel that a certain part of the soldier was reacting making her release a knowing smile at soldier.The soldier's face heated up as the desire from his lower half kept rising at her hidden ministrations. Mei took one of the glass and brought it closer to the soldier.

"Care for a drink Mr soldier? I really find it a turn on especially when a man can drink well."

Mei then leaned down till her mouth was leveled with the man's ear while finally passing the drink in the soldiers hand. The soldier gripped the glass as his free hand snaked towards Mei's waist and gripped a little tightly trying to control himself from ravaging the woman in his lap already.

"It really turns me wild in bed."

She added nibbling down the soldiers ear before letting go moving her head a little further from the soldiers head and sending him a flirtatious glance as her fingers played with the soldiers uniform.

It didn't take very long for the two soldiers to finish of the bottle neither one of them noticing that Cori and Mei had barely touched their own. The sedatives would be kicking in quite soon and Cori could tell sitting on the soldier's lap that the Yohimbe powder already had. They would need to get them out of the bar before they passed out. "Say, why don't we get out of here and go somewhere a little more private. I've got a room just up the road." Cori said, removing herself from the lap of the soldiers and holding her hand out. Before they left the bar they walked passed King and Michelangelo, Cori gesturing to the bottle for one of them to pick it up before following.

The four of them stumbled down the road the two soldiers leaning heavily on the ladies. They were almost to one of the farms when the soldier hanging on Cori fell over. His friend stumbled over to him and slapped him on the face a couple of times, "Damn fool can't hold his own liquor. Oh well means I get both of you to myself." He said, standing up and pulling Mei to him fondling her as he did.

He tried to reach for Cori but she pulled away. "Bun tyen-shung duh ee-dway-ro." Cori muttered. "Will you pass out already?"

"What?" The soldier was barely able to say before Cori decked him causing him to let go of Mei and fall top of his friend.

"Guess I did get a few blows in." Cori said, kicking the fallen soldier a couple of times.

Michelangelo casually watched the womenfolk as they worked the marks. He took small drinks to keep from getting buzzed, but he ordered a second drink for himself. “You should relax Captain. Have some faith in your crew.”

Mikey knuckled his forehead as Cori passed. He waited a moment before going to grab the bottle, beating the waitress with a small smirk. He offered a shrug before heading back to the captain. “Early day tomorrow, skip should head out now.”

Once Mikey secured the bottle in his grasp he stood up exited the Black Orchard, following after his first mate and companion, Youngblood in tow. He caught up in time to see Cori deliver several kicks to one of the men who was down. “Cori!” Michael barked. “Enough.” The captain crouched down next to him, examining the damage. “It’s bad enough we’re stealing their shit but if we return them damaged we’ll be in a lot more trouble. I can only talk us out of so much shit.” After checking to see if nothing was broken and satisfied with the light bruising he stood back up, he looked at Cori. “You good?”

Michelangelo shook his head. “Lets get them outta sight.” He said grabbing the boots of one of them and dragging him towards a nearby darkened alcove. “Hurry up. Sooner we're done the better.”

"The bastards deserve it." Cori said, helping Michelangelo drag the soldiers out of site. Luckily they passed out right next to a pig farm. It took a little maneuvering them to remove their clothing and put them in a compromising position inside the pig pen. When they woke up later they won't be reporting any sort of theft. Cori doubted they would even try to brag about the women they had hooked up with. "Trust me King you won't be talking your way out of anything because these soldiers are going to see to it that this incident never happened." Cori said, taking the uniforms and folding them up before sticking them in a bag she had brought. "Kid, remind me not to piss you off any time soon."

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Junk gave a nod at Frankie as she came up, her own face not showing anything about it. "Jun Kae. Junk for short." She kept her voice soft and she held up a finger as she ducked into the engine room. She grabbed herself a rather large bag along with the shopping list for the ship. She figured a bit of on hand experience with the equipment would make for better teaching than to teach her herself. Plus the dock master could impart his wisdom as well. Grabbing a stash of her own plat along with the credit log for the ship itself she came back to the door. "Going to get parts. Do teaching there."

She rubbed the back of her neck, glancing up at Frankie before sliding around her, waving for her to follow before she lowered her head down. It made the small mechanic look even smaller as she lead Frankie from the ship and to the parts yard that the dockmaster ran. Speaking of which, as she approaching a man on the fat side of heavy came out of the building set near the entrance to the yard. wiping his hands as he came over with a smile. "Ahh Junk mah girl. Haven't seen you in cycles! I got some enterprising crews looking for a good caretaker of their ship if you're interested...."

Junk was already shaking her head at him, pulling out her list. "Still on Aurora... She still needs me. The crew runs the poor thing hard sometimes... Need shoping. Also have a student." She glanced back over at Frankie, the fat man tucking the rag into his oil stained work outfit before reaching a hand out to Frankie to shake.

"Another junker apprentice eh? I'm Leo, I've worked with Junk for quite a while. She's a prodigy. I gots a bit before another ship comes in for a fix up so I can help out for a bit. Not the first time Junk's gone and prepared a replacement for when she's movin on." Junk actually glared up at Leo who just grinned and raised his hands in surrender. "I meant it in goodness Junk. You care about the ships and make sure it will have someone to treat it right. So how about it? A crash course while we take care of the ship's parts list?"
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Cori stood in her quarters, the Aurora had taken off a couple hours ago when it was morning on Persephone. She hadn't slept on the ship the night before, true to her word to Lucy about coming back before they left the planet and staying at the brothel. It had cost her a fair amount but was what she needed to mellow out before a mission. She was standing wearing one of the uniforms they had stolen. It was a little big on her and would need some taking in. She would have to stop by the doctor later and see if she could help out. Stitching clothes had to be easier than a stitching up a body. Cori hated the site of herself in the mirror wearing an Alliance's uniform. She never was much for uniforms wearing the Independence uniform since it at least stood something worth a damn. She supposed that was why she still wore her coat. Leaving her room she walked through the ship toward the medical bay hoping the doctor was up already.

The image staring back at him was one he hadn’t seen in a long time. Michael has blown the dust off his Alliance uniform and tried it on. His medals shined in the light of his quarters. It was as snug as it used to be, he’s lost a bit of weight since leaving the core worlds. Turning to inspect the sides he noticed a small tear that could easily be stitched up. “Damn.” Knowing there was something in the medical bay Michael left his quarters, uniform still on, and walked down the hall toward his destination. Along the way he bumped into Cori. “Oh, hey Cor.” Michael noticed she too was in her “borrowed” uniform. “Having problems fitting in it as well?”

"The ensign we took this off was a bit taller than me." Cori said, gesturing to her pants that were dragging on the ground. "Was hoping the doc could shorten them up a bit. Gods know that woman has stitched me up enough times. I figured she could help me out. What about you? Put on a few extra pounds?' Cori laughed.

“I got a small tear. Probably when I was hauling it around after....well after everything.” Before he got his hands on the Aurora he jumped around a lot and his belongings weren’t always handled with the upmost care. “Just a simple stitch.” The two we’re walking to the medbay. “I know it must kill ya to wear that but just keep telling yourself it’ll hurt them and help out some people on the frontier.”

They walked one of the vacant rooms where Cori pulled Michael into it wanting to talk for a bit away from prying ears. Once inside she pulled the door closed and sat down on the edge of a desk that was built into the wall. "Yeah, I know doesn't mean I have to like it." She said, then paused for a moment thinking that this wasn't the first time she had worn a Alliance uniform. When her father had signed her up for the academy he had her fitted with his personal tailor. "You know my father would love the sight of this."

”I remember how much he was smiling.” Michael shook his head. “You’d have thought he made another deal or something.” He knew how much Cori hated that life. How much she wanted to do her own thing. Even when their parents set them up on their first date she ran off with another girl. Which was fine with him he wasn’t much for it. But seeing his ex-fiancée, his old friend, in an Alliance uniform he could tell that life would never be for her. “Best thing I can tell you is keep doing shit your pops wouldn’t approve of. Other than that you doing ok? Got anything on your mind? Must’ve dragged me in here for a reason and I’m pretty sure your man isn’t around so we have to fake make out again.”

"Just this brings back memories. Ones honestly are best forgotten. You know somedays I almost forget she existed." Cori said, sounding like she was talking about someone else rather than herself. Don't get her wrong she missed the life of luxury, having everything she wanted but it came with strings she hadn't actually been free. Life sucked out here on the rim but least she had her freedom. "I figured this is shaking me up it must be you as well. I guess I just want to say I'm here if you need me. But I'm not kissing you. Hate to break it to you but you are a horrible kisser. Oh and it was my mum who set us up."

”Hey you got young inexperienced me. I’ve come a long way. Not that you’ll ever know so believe me or not I don’t care.” Michael smiled at his old friend. “At least you know I’d have been a good husband. But this is stiring up some stuff.” Michael knew he should tell her. “My last stint in the Alliance did not go well. After they deemed me a failure for the Reader Program they sent me on my way to die. I don’t know what you know of Deadwind but I was the only survivor, from both sides.” Michael unbuttoned his shirt and held it open, showing a large scar. He didn’t care if someone saw it but he didn’t make it a habit of putting it on display. “After I got this I blacked out and woke up a P.O.W. My family disowned me for that.” Michael was reliving the events that led him down his path for the last few years. One bad event after another. His life of luxury, gone. Family, he was deemed an embarrassment for being captured and few, if any, person in the core worlds want anything to do with him. Any Alliance officer who recognized him
    Would give him a hard time. “So I’m with you when I say let’s get this done quick, get paid, the get drunk.”

"I had heard rumors." Cori said, no one really knew what happened on Deadwind except those who were there but there were many rumors. "Least your family stopped hunting you down. Every now and then I get drunk and wonder what's going on back home so I look on the data link. You know my mother crafted this whole story about how I am on Bernadette in one of monasteries finding myself. Guess that was better than having the press find out her daughter is a browncoat. I can't imagine what that would do for her career." Every so often one of the detectives her mom sent to find her and bring her home would come close. Before joining the Aurora she had been on Muir and one made contact with her. Luckily she had been using an alias since Cori Sutton had a warrant on Muir. When she lost him, he no doubt ran back to her mother with news of Corine McGee. "You ever wonder what would have happened if we did get married? I doubt the Alliance would have sent the son in law of Victoria Sexton on a suicide mission."

Michael buttoned up his uniform again. “I thought about it once or twice. Didn’t seem so bad spending the rest of my days with my friend. Trust me I could’ve done so much worse for a wife. You don’t know this but after you left ma tried to arrange something with the Falkreth’s daughter. Not Jeanette. The big one Bernadette.”

"Old man Falkreth must have thought it would be the only one of his daughters getting married." Cori laughed, thinking about the trader who was way outclassed in New Cardiff. He had tried to do everything he could to advance. A political marriage was the easiest way. "King, I know you fancied Jeanette but trust me that was never gonna happen. Wrong team. Now there was a girl who could kiss. Was such a damn tease though, I never made it pass kissing." Cori stood up from the desk and walked across the room straightening Michael's jacket. "You always did look handsome in a uniform. Don't look at me like that, I may not be attracted to you but I know you are a good looking guy. Bernadette would have been a lucky girl."

”Must I be cursed to like unavailable women.” Michael chuckles as Cori straightened his uniform. “No need to explain Cor. Just hearing it is nice.” He returned the favor and straightened out her uniform. “There. Finest soldier under my command. I can always count on my first mate.” His arms stayed on his shoulder and he thought about it for a moment. Michael pulled Cori into a hug.

Returning the hug Cori stood there for a moment, Michael was one of the only things she could say she had really missed from her old life. He understood her and just let her be herself, not like everyone else who pretended she was something else. She supposed that was why she always rebelled with her parents, out of spite. Bumping into him and joining the Aurora had been a good thing. After a few seconds she pulled back and had a little flustered look on her face. She was sure the hug was meant to have just been a quick on. Playfully pushing Michael to the door she said, "Come on don't get all sappy on me, I'm way to sober. We should go see if they doc is in."

”Yes ma’am. We got some sewing to do.” Michael laughed as he slung an arm around Cori’s shoulders.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

A crew was tied up and placed together in a center of the cargo hull. Surrounded by a couple of armed men with masks. One woman walked up to the crew and looked at each one. "What's the take?" She asked the others.

"Money, weapons and a whole lotta nice documents we could use."

She nodded her head slowly. "Not bad." She takes a deep breath and exhales slowly. "But we don't want the government on our tails about this. Once the cargo is aboard our ship....scuttle this one."

"What about the crew?" One masked man asked.

She reached for her revolver, pulls the thumb back and shoots one of the crew members in the head. "What crew?" She replied and walked away. As she turned the others aimed their rifles and opened fire. "We were hired to kill and take goods gentleman. No witnesses."

Another man quickly approaches the woman with a concern expression. "We just picked up several ships heading our way."

"Feds?" She stopped and stared at the man.

"No...their ID's aren't showing on the scanner."

"Crap...Pirates." The ship shook from a hard hit. Several of the crates moved and flew in the room. "What the hell was that?" She looked up and listened carefully as the ship made an awe weary sound. The sound of metal clamping with a loud thud. "Damn, they're boarding the ship." She reached for her rifle and pulled the slide. "Get back to the ship! Arm the explosives!" She hollered.

Gun fire broke the silence as several of her men fell on the ground. She looked to see the pirates armed to the teeth. She aimed her rifle at the ragged men who clothes looked torn and dirty. Puling the trigger several times, shooting at the men who killed hers in return. "Go!" She hollered at the last man who hid behind some crates.

She turned quickly to the docking doors. She heard more gunfire and soon a man's cry for help. She ignored the plea and kept moving. She found the detonator by the door and picked it up. She looked back at the scene to see another man getting beaten up to a pulp. She tears her gaze and gets inside of her ship while being shot at from other pirates.

Closing the door behind her and locking it. She rushed to the pilot seat to get away from the situation. The seat was empty as she sat down and started flipping switches and takes control rod. As the ship pulled away from the other, she leans over to see the pirate ship approaching her and fired several shots. The ship was hit but minor damage. "I hate pirates." She muttered as she reached for the detonator and pushed the red button.

The government ship exploded and the pirate ship was caught in the blast. But not fast enough to fire off a random shot which hit her ship's engine as it flee'd. "Oh no no no no no no no!" She pushed the throttle to get away further and the ship moved quickly as it can at light speed. But the engines were failing and sputtered in fire and smoke. The ship eventually stopped and started drifting in space. She hits the console several times. "Damn it!" She groans in disappointment of what just happened.

Getting out of the seat to check her own cargo hull to find only one crate and it was filled with money. She took her time to count which was just a few thousand...and a quarter. She looked at the damage area of her ship and realized she could not fix it with her hands but the tools were missing as well. "Guess I can't trust my own guys." She was glad to see them gunned down like animals.

Several hours and she was bored. But the sound of an alarm blaring she checked the statues of her ship. Critical damage in the engine which was leaking fuel. She groans and head bumped the console gently several times. "Give me a break." She got on the radio and checked the channel system. "May Day May Day, This is Jade Connors aboard the
    the Navarino. My ships engine is in critical situation and fuel leaking badly. Is anyone on this channel?" She waited and repeated the same phrase. "Please I need help is anyone out there?"

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Junk and Frankie had spent the day at the yard, Leo helping to fill in the blanks when Junk went silent. It wasn’t a perfect lesson, but a cram session of Alliance parts and tech would have to do. Maybe Junk would give some pop quizzes while in transit.

Back on the ship after they had left, Junk had gone rummaging around in her trunk, pulling out an Alliance Navy Engineer Corp uniform. She didn’t talk much about her previous berths, or at all really. However, she had done a stint upon an alliance vessel at one point. She had even been there long enough to be promoted once. She probably could’ve gone far if she hadn’t attracted the wrong attention. As it stood, she had been lucky enough to feel the wanderlust move her to another ship and she knew it. She didn’t let this bother her though, getting into the outfit without a worry at all.

All suited up, she silently made her way to the galley like the ghost of the ship. She was sitting down in her usual corner of the room, a bowl of sugary cereal set on the table. She ate silently, not drawing attention to herself per usual. At least until she heard something that made her drop her spoon into the bowl as she let out a little whimper. “It’s in pain... dying...” She got this out moments before the mayday message would arrive and she’d just hug her legs up to her.

Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Frankie had felt weary about leaving the ship. She wasnt a fighter, so she didnt take threats lightly. She wanted to be off the planet and away from Badger. Funny, he hadnt bothered her so much while she was taking his money. But now that she'd snubbed him, she felt exceedingly anxious the longer she lingered.
    But she followed Junk anyway, holding her notebook, feeling even more out of place. She tried to keep her glancing around to a minimum.

Frankie was polite when Leo introduced himself. He had a pleasant demeanor, although his hands were speckled with grease. She drew her palm down the leg of her pants after the shake, calmly, as not to be rude.
    Throughout the next hour or so, she nodded, asked questions, and jotted down notes.
    Junk seemed to be at home among all the....well, junk. Her shoulders seemed to unknit a little further. Frankie left her be, like she assumed Junk wanted, and followed Leo through the mess and parts she knew absolutely nothing about.

There had been a small shop on her home planet, servicing mostly older model ships and pods. She spent very little time around it or its people.
    Her planet had been almost a step back in time. Few ships came around, there was very little reason too. Most the people needed was made or harvested on planet.
    Going to Uni had been somewhat of a culture shock, although her parents had tried to prepare her. There was just so much of....so much of everything.

The longer Leo talked the more and more Frankie began to realize she was lost. And confused by everything being said. She tried to connect it all to something. But nothing would come.
    And then he held up a part, he said its name, and talked about its purpose. He mentioned casually it grew very hot during use.
    And she thought, "I bet the burns from that are a glorious mess.
    At once, it clicked. She glanced back over her list and imagined the injuries each thing would cause. She might not be able to remember how things affected a ship, but she could always remember how things affected a person.

Her lesson was renewed with vigor as the explanations fell into place in her mind.
    After ward, as she and Junk walked back toward the ship, both carrying crates of parts for the Aurora, Frankie felt in such a good mood she decided the Badger knew she was still on planet and if he wanted to hinder her leaving, he would have already. She also decided that since he hadnt, he wasnt going to.
    She felt the hint of a smile on her lips.
    The sun was out.
    Junk was pretty okay as far as people to get stuck with on a ship.
    Good day.

Back on the ship, Frankie thanked Junk, brandishing her notebook and saying she had plenty to study, before heading off to her room.
    She tossed the notebook on the bed and removed her shoes. The metal of the floor felt cold under her feet. Cold, but more alive than before.
    Frankie looked around at the walls surrounding her and said, "Theres a whole lot of ways you could really mess up a body." She smirked. "But you dont, do you? Thanks."
    She didnt think the ship would say anything back, nor that it had heard her.
    But it did no harm to either of them. And no one was around to chastise her for talking to a hunk of metal.

If no one found her first, she was going to have to go in search of the uniform she'd wear during the heist. She'd check with the pilot first, as he was the less likely to punch her in the face for no damn reason.
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Before they left Michelangelo had sent off his heavily coded letter to his cousin, the youth still marveled by the amount of things you could hide in a letter with a functioning recipe. Being able to plan out the ships route allowed the youth to give his cousin a place to send a response. The ships last stop for refueling would hold the answers Mikey asked for.

Once they were in the air and on course the pilot had little to do but relax. And so he did, strumming his guitar and watching the stars drift. Occasionally he'd cook a meal and contribute to the chores aboard the ship. The majority of his time however was spent in the cockpit, and Mikey was fine with that. At least until the interruption.

"May Day May Day, This is Jade Connors aboard the Navarino. My ships engine is in critical situation and fuel leaking badly. Is anyone on this channel?"

“Mierda.” Michelangelo said. He flipped a switch his voice echoed through the ship's intercom. “Captain to the bridge, con rapidez.”

Michelangelo recorded what he could of the message, and started to triangulate it. Knowing the captain, the sooner Mikey had that info the better.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast