Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default A Breggo/Koti/Kris/DNA production

Running at top speed Sheva was holding forth her hands that glittered with magical power, flame erupting from her palms as she aimed for the ranger. That slap on her rear was no way passable and she was furious. She ran and was determined to hit the ranger this time (unlike her failed attempt before which made her magic hit their attackers instead), however seeing him staggering made her halt and tilt her head in confusion.

“By the ancients! If this is another cow you are carrying for me to milk I’ll burn you to crisp!”, she roared with anger.

Selene didn’t really remember what happened - all she remembered was the way her broken arm had once again come ablaze with agony, blackening her mind and forcing her into cooling oblivion. The next time she came to was short and she could just groggily make out that she was in someone’s strong arms before another jarring bolt of pain pushed her into the dark subconscious. She managed only a soft whimper, knowing that her master never allowed her to show any pain or any emotions. Emotions are weakness, he used to tell her, especially for someone condemned to be a wild animal. For someone like her. Perhaps, her mind was also protecting her from Jameyson’s wrath….it took her brain a few painful minutes to remember a rather important fact - Jameyson was now dead.

Jezi wasn't far behind, having heard the frustrated yell of Tris from the edge. Having been tending to her own wounds and problems, she had been close enough to come rushing. Not to far she could spot Sheva following close by, magic glittering in her palms. She slowed some, seeing already that this was not her area to mess in. That was until she spotted the body hanging limp in his arms. Normally one would not carry a corpse around without a damn good reason, so it was likely an injured person. None of the other team members she could recall looking like the woman he was carrying.

“Wait. He's got someone injured with him!” Jezi yelled, changing direction to intercept the crazed woman. Whether prisoner or Innocent the woman would get fried to a crisp.

“As… Entertaining as it would be for you to milk this,” Tris growled, “You have to have milked the first in order to milk another.” The archer's eyes studied the sorceress. Even as Jezi moved to intercept her the archers eyes didn't flinch from the other woman's threat.

“Fine then. As long as you take responsibilities for this. Heavens know why you keep picking things that are of no use and of utmost annoyance”, moving closer Sheva could start to identify some of the obvious bodily lines of the person the ranger was carrying, “I care little if she is hurt if she is one of the bandits”, she told Jezi and quickly looked at the ranger again, “What are your plans for this person?”

Jezi gave a sigh, thankful things hadn't gotten worse. She could understand some of the names calling Sheva Ice queen, but that wasn't her worries. The main focus was on the woman now resting in Tris's arms. The first note was the broken arm, the bruising having formed around the break. The biggest thing was the tattoo of a wolfs paw on the back of her left. She swear it looked familiar, but not sure of where.

Jezi noted the Pale skin and dark hair, the frail skin doing nothing to hide the girls muscles. Something bugged the back of her mind, like a memory trying to resurface.

“We should fix her arm at least. Would not be right to let her suffer like this, especially if she was a victim that escaped the bandits.” Jezibel offered up to the group, making sure to keep herself between Sheva and Tris.

“You all in this then? Protecting someone who clearly came to attack you!?”, Sheva looked straight into the eyes of the ranger before she throw her hands and the air, “Hmph”, she turned around, “Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you”, and before long she was gone from the scene.

Tristifer watched the sorceress leave frowning slightly to himself. “It’s gonna be a real shame to kill someone who has an ass as nice at that. Don’t you agree Jez?” The archer asked conversationally as the girl looked at his captive.

“Unless you are secretly a healer, should get her to the ones we have.” Tris frowned at the girl in his arms shifting her to his shoulder. “Or to Adam. He'll know where they are and I get back to what I was doing.”

The archer raised an eyebrow at the tribal girl. “Any idea where he might be?” He asked her.

“Sorry, I lost sight of him after the fight started, and then I had Jamon to deal with. I can take care of her arm for now.” Jezi offered up to Tris. While she might not have the best medical skills, they could do the basic to set a woman's arm. Besides, there were questions she wanted to ask the woman if the girl was still even conscious. As well, if she could take the girl, Tris could hunt down Adam and Ash to help with whatever she couldn't fix.

“Let's split up, I'll attend to the woman's wounds if any, and you can hunt down Ash or Adam.” Jezibel offered up to the older man.

Tristifer considered the girls suggestion before shaking his head. “No,” He finally said after a moment, “Better not risk more than we have to. You head that way, I'll go this way. We'll meet where the big guy slept.”

He raised an eyebrow at the girl, half expecting an argument of some sort. “Sound good?”

“Seems like a good option.” Jezibel had to offer up, letting out a sigh. She knew the man was right, as the girl was still possibly dangerous, regardless of her condition. By rights she should just leave him be with the girl, but something bugged her about her. Last thing she desired now was to leave this mystery alone.

Adjusting the body on his shoulder Tristifer nodded. “Alright then. Off with you.” He motioned vaguely in the direction he had previously indicated before turning the other way. He didn't know if Jezibel actually went the way he suggested or if she followed him. The archer was to busy resuming his mental chastisement to pay her any mind.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Mover time

*New servent, reluctant master*

With the prisoners tied to a large tree Adam went to finish dressing them left his tent and went about inspecting the camp for damages and seeing who was still alive. Luckily no one on his side seemed dead. Whole helluva lotta bandits though, but still no one was unscatched. Even the boy Jamon looked worse for the wear most likely this was his first life or death fight.

But a sight made him shake his head.
    “You going out to catch your own dates now Tris?” He studied the unconscious wild girl throw over the Archer’s shoulder.

Tristifer stopped muttering to himself as he reached the others. Adam's shout pulled the archers frustrated glare to the warrior. The archer quickly donned his usual smirk, “Don't be jealous cause this one is younger than the one you grabbed back at the Gallery.”

The archer scanned the area. “Where's the mosquito? Or the tree hugger?”

Adam scoffed. “Yeah cause the younger ones are easier to bed right?” He moved and lifted the unconcious girl up inspecting her wounds. “Well looks like this broken arm wasn’t your doing, but why in the hell did you bring her here? Still let’s get her to the fire, I don’t know where Ash is at, but still best keep all our wounded and prisoners in one place.”

“And how many times have you taken her majesty to your blankets?” Tris jabbed back. At the next question he ground his teeth, not answering. The archer carried the girl over and set her near the fire. His eyes scanned those near the fire, “Is this it?”

Adam chuckled placing a folded blanket under the girl’s head. “None so far, ya see some of us have things called standards and willpower. But you’re cute so I’m sure your new pet will warm up to you.” He then nodded looking around he could see nearly everyone, no one was without injury, but no one looked dead either. “Yeah seems so, we’re missing Ash, Bigwit, Nisa, and Tarrock though.”

The archer's eyebrow twitched at Adam's comments, until the warrior listed those missing. “Both healers, our Goblin, and one of our heavies? Send anyone out to find them yet?”

*A Medics works is never done.*

Ashvel was still standing at the edge of the water after collecting his things and allowing Vel to return to camp without him. Looking down at the medallion as the symbol* showed brightly in the light of the moon. It had been so long he though they would have just left him alone, but it seemed that was not the case. Getting ready to toss the object something stopped him, and he placed it back in his pocket.

Turning on the balls of his feet he made his way back to the camp. The fighting may have been over, but he knew that he might still be of use the the group. Especially since he doesn't like to fight if he can get away with it. Using those skills was not something he was fond of. Only time would tell if this was just a coincidence or not.

As Ash entered camp the powerful hand of Nisa grabbed him by the arm and nearly pulled him off his feet as she ran towards the far side of the camp. “Ash come Bigwit is in trouble and Tarrok can only stabilize him!”

Ashvel was lost in his own thoughts as a powerful grip grabbed him and began dragging him in a different direction. The panicked voice of Nisa snapped him back to reality as he heard what had happened. How in the world did he get injured? Was the only thought that came to mind as he they quickly ran towards him.

By the time he arrived Tarrok was trying his best to try and staunch the bleeding, but it wasn't going well. The Goblin was losing a lot of blood, and it needed to be stopped soon if he is to survive.

The Orc Shaman looked up and simply grunted pour some medicinal powders into the gaping stomach wound. “Good to see you Ash, the little green fool tried to bluff his dark magic shit with a mage and got an ice shard for his efforts. Luckily Nisa managed to crush the man’s skull for it.”

Ashvel could only scoff at the fact the Bigwit tried to bluff in the middle of a life or death fight. “What was he thinking.” Ashvel said as he got to his patient’s side and quickly pulled out some of his medical tools and stones. He then quickly looked up to Nisa “Could you go and get me some clean water both hot and cold as fast as you can.” Ashvel said as he returned his attention to the injury. He didn't have time to properly clean his hands but he would keep this place as clean as he could.

“This is going to be tough Tarrok I will need your help.” Ashvel said hoping that there was still time to save the life before him. Nisa nodded and rushed off eager to do anything to help her dear little friend.

The Orc nodded wiping his own hands off. “I’ve cleaned the wounds and removed some debris, but magic wounds are far tricker to mend. What do you need?”

Before Ashvel could answer that question he needed to see what all was damaged. Not wasting another moment he got his hands into the injury looking to see if there was any massive injuries to any internal organs. Continuing the search the little Goblin was unlucky. There was damage to his stomach and liver. Lucky his intestine was still intact. He knew this injury was. Going to be hard to heal because it was made with magic.

“In my bag are some magical stones for healing wounds like this. Can you get me one red Stone and a light blue stone. We can still save him if we hurry.” Ashvel said as he reached for the needle and thread he had already pulled out. Beginning the work on repairing the stomach. He hoped that Nisa returned quickly with the water. He needed to wash out the acid from inside of Bigwit before more damage occurs.

As if on cue the Snow Elf arrived carrying the asked for items she placed them down by Ash and rushed to Bigwit’s side holding his hand her eyes looking like they were on the verge of tears. Tarrock also did what he was bid he recognized the stone and had a good idea what the Vampire’s idea was. “Plan to pull out the negative arcane energies and replaced them with healing ones?”

Ashvel took the cool water and began rinsing out the injury. Blood was going everywhere, and if he didn’t act quickly he would lose the goblen. He didn’t want to have him die on him. He had helped stop the two men that were attacking him from going any further. He wasn’t going to let that good deed go to waste. He would save him no matter what.

As Tarrock returned with the requested stones he began speaking of reversing the negative energies and turning them positive. That was his plan, but he had never tried doing it on a critical person before. If everything goes right it should work, but if it didn’t he would have to think of another path to try and save his companion.

“That is right. Well in a sense. I am going to try and transform the negative energy into a positive healing energy. It is a tricky proposition but if it works it will save Bigwit’s life. I just have to make sure there is no other injuries that will kill him before the energy can heal him.” Ashvel said as he continued to work. He knew that even if this did work that Bigwit will still have to be taken back to a town with a magical healer. There was only so much he could do without magic. “In a moment I will need you to place the stones into the injury. Red first then blue.”

Tarrock nods doing as the Vampire asked. “Here’s to hoping, sending a coffin back to the Guildmaster one week in wouldn’t look good on this madness of a mission.”

As Tarrock placed the red stone into the wound the stone began to glow, and the process of converting the negative energy into healing energy was beginning.The energy was gathering around the stone, and as the blue stone was placed in the energy changed and began healing the wound. However, the process will be painstakingly slow since this form of magic is not true in nature. This form of healing was slow, and Bigwit would have to be taken to a healer that uses greater magic to heal. This was about as much as Ashvel would be able to do. Taking the needle and thread and dipping it into the hot water to clean them he began sewing up the Goblin with the stones still inside of him.

Eventually the stones would need to be removed, but for now keeping them in place will help with the healing process. Since this was only a temporary fix in the long run. Feeling for a pulse and waiting just a moment he could feel it getting stronger. Letting out a sigh of relief he washed his hands in the water as he looked to Tarrock. “He is going to make it, but he will need further medical attention. Something that I will not be able to provide him on the road.” Ashvel said as he looked down at his fellow guildmate.

Bigwit who had been drifting in and out of consciousness this whole time gave a weak laugh reaching up and taking Nisa’s hand. “Guess Bigwit should’ve been quicker summoning his Demon.” The Snow Elf woman gave a soft chuckle then looked up seeing people gathering around the remnants of the main fire. With the utmost gentleness she picked up the small green man and began walking towards Adam and Tris. “I will take him back.” The Orc harrumphed and stood following the woman. “I’ll come with. I know enough healing to keep him stable the ride back, you best come with us and tell Adam and Tris what’s going on Master Ashvel.”

A small smile crossed Ashvel’s face as Bigwit regained consciousness. His treatment worked, and the little goblin was okay for now. However, he was nowhere out of the woods just yet. Nisa seemed to be relieved that he was going to be okay, and volunteered to be one of the people that would take him back to the gallery. As the two moved to take their guld mate back to the camp where the others had gathered he just stayed put for a moment as the two left him. Was the attack all his fault? Had he gotten the others involved in his personal affairs? If it was his fault how would he make up for this blunder, and one of their own getting hurt? Taking a deep breath to calm himself he gathered his bag, and moved to the campfire with the others. There was nothing he could do at the moment. He just knew he had more work to do to keep his mind off of the events of this evening. At least he hoped so.

*As one*

“No need Tris, we found ourselves, but we are a bit far off of ok.” Tarrock said as he strode back into the firelight grabbing up his gear and his mount. Nisa arrived shortly after still carrying Bigwit moving to place the wounded little Gulk on his own mount before gathering up both of their gear.

Adam quirked his eyebrow and stepped forward. “What happened?”

Ash appeared sighing low. “Bigwit got injured in the bandit attack, I did what I could for him, but he’ll need a proper healer. Tarrock and Nisa have volunteered to take him back to Balefire. Tarrock can keep him stable and Nisa can protect all three of them on the way back. I’ll also be sending a letter back to Guildmaster Harken explaining what happened.”

A low rumble came from the back of the camp as Balder slowly limped into the firelit. “Move with haste then, every second we lose is one more second closer to being beyond saving.” The three of them nodded and the next few minutes was a flurry of movement as the wounded were tended to and supplies were gathered for the trio’s trip back home. And soon Tarrock, Nisa, and Bigwit were saddled up and bidding their goodbyes to the others moving by torchlight and under the hopeful prayers of those willing to ask for support from above or below. As they were swallowed up by the shadows Balder set up jobs and sleep shifts for everyone. Looting and storing equipment, others will be gathering and burning the bodies of the bandits. It would be a busy night for all.

If their first week was ending on this note, Gods only know what tomorrow will bring.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Vel had busied herself with moving the bodies of the dead Raiders to were they could be easily burned, magically or otherwise. No use stinking up the forest with corpses the wild animals couldn't eat fast enough. Anything she found valuable she stored away to hand over to Balder later. As three of her companions road off into the moonlight she paused to watched them, she could heard from others talking that Bigwit had gotten hurt, beyond what the healers here could attend to, Tarrock and Nisa were taking him back for the treatment the little goblin would need.

Vel wasn't sure who or what she could ask but she set a silent prayer out that they would have a safe journey back home and that Bigwit would make a full recovery by the time they got back from the great library. She flung another body into a small pile before she went off to grab another and drag it to the pile. How much longer till the morning she thought as she glanced at the sky before she went back to hauling. Only once the bodies were stacked and the fires were burning did she bring her findings to Balder to decide where it went or if it was of any use at all.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Fantasy, Sci-fi, and general Action!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The cool morning air played poorly with Graik's damp hide. The frost that jutted out with his ragged breaths as he ambled slowly through the streets was ample proof of this- but in time, things would get a little warmer. They always did. This was the same little walk he took twice a week, before the sun even began to crest above the horizon. To check traps buried out in the wilderness, to travel a little- perhaps to do some light reading. Those beautiful forests often bore a healthy, fresh catch, netting him food and coin alike. But so much more could they offer to those a little more ambitious and thoughtful. They were his sanctuary, a quiet place free from the noise of the city. And in turn, with a clear mind, he was all the more fit to explore those woods to see all that could have been given to him.

He'd left home at midnight the night before, trekking for hours to get what he desired from the trip, explore, and return home. Not too ambitious- but plenty of time to get what he needed. This haul was especially fruitful. His traps had done well in catching a small variety of game, and having skinned, cleaned, and taken all he needed, he left the remains for nature to enjoy. If you are to take from the wilds, you must be ready to give back. It's what he'd learned back home.

Alongside these, though, he found even more- small bits and bobbles littered about on the paths and forest floors in and out of town. A camp, left behind, bore a couple of purses and wallets that had been left behind. It was a veritable goldmine- rarely in little ruins like these did anyone forget their things, so finding even a few could be considered good tidings from whatever power saw it fit to be generous. A few bits of metal- mainly a rusty, dull dagger- were littered on the walkway to his traps, likely long left behind by some loathsome adventurer. He could probably have it polished up and sold rather well. but the best thing he found- and, by far, the most macabre- what looked like the tarnished remains of a small hut.

At the end of his little exploring expedition, a small cabin, made of twig, branch, and leaf. She was but a small house, barely large enough to fit a bed in- more of a shed, to be technical. Its roof was covered in dirt, which when coupled with the shoddy craftsmanship, made it camouflage well into the surrounding world. Inside, well... something he'd likely never recount. Certainly something worth reporting to the authorities. Later. He'd gotten a small bag of jewelry. The pieces were tarnished, dirty, and cheap, and certainly not the most expensive he'd ever harvested from an expedition in all he'd seen from first glance, but it would catch a pretty penny in full. His trip home was filled with little reminiscing over the scene. It was a fate that befits us all.

His stall grew near, a small wooden counter in the town bazaar marked with caligraphy bearing the name 'Graiks Goods.' A solid clunk sounded on the ground as he tossed his traps behind the table and started to get to work placing out all his finds. First, the cuts of meat. They were the most quickly marketable thing there. Getting set up early was always nice- even now, only a few other vendors started to prepare for the day. And they looked... much more tired, than he.

Next, the pelts. They were placed plainly and openly, having already been cleaned and washed properly out on the field. He hung them up and made them to be perfectly presentable. Then, the purses and wallets. They were dirty, still- they'd sell low. And finally, he started to pull forth his small bag of jewelry, spreading them liberally over the table. Reaching under the counter, he produced numerous brushes and utensils, locked away typically for his butchery and trap making. He set to work, cleaning dirt and grime from the small trinkets. It would be a spread worth cleaning, and when he was done, he had a good novel to sit on while waiting for customers. He had a good while before any real marketing could begin.

Cleaning, waiting, blowing off dust. He started to see small gems and jewels embedded in the jewelry. Just what this was doing out in the wilderness, he knew not. But anyone nearby certainly didn't notice his findings- his visage hadn't changed in the slightest. The coin was nothing to him- the discovery of this treasure was all he'd needed for elation, even in its grievous circumstances. His life was simple. Filled with simple things and simple pleasures, like discovery and small, good-hearted adventure. It was tedious, at times- but continued complexity was undoubtedly more tiresome than continued simplicity.

Besides, this beastfolk has his traps for complexity. They were as close as he needed for company and intrigue, no?
    Last edited by Stockholm; 05-04-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    In the age of ancients, the world was unformed, shrouded by fog...

But then there was Fire, and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course...

light and dark.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yn gave a sigh, looking as Jezi worked over the bodies, collecting goods from the bandits. Yn needed to talk to her before Mynx got with her. She might be calm and accepting the woman for now, but she needed to talk with her before the Ocecat did. Last thing they needed was more lost team members, watching the three members head back towards the guild town. He sent a silent prayer to the guiding earth that they would make it safely to town. He moved forward, moving swiftly towards the woman.

“Jezibel, we need to talk.” Yn spoke from behind her, interrupting her work as she shifted through the corpses. She scowled some before looking back to him, noting the wrapped bandages on his arm. Her face paled some as she glanced around him, taking in his stern look and tense shoulders. She felt a shudder pass through her before letting a sigh escape her lips. She didn't say anything as she led the way to tent, Yn following along behind her.

“Jezi…” Yn began as they entered the tent, stopping as she began to strip. Yn jumped and quickly put his hands to stop her, startling the woman. He turned her around, noting the trace of fear in her eyes as she was turned around, to be smothered quickly by silence.

“What's.. what's wrong?” Yn asked her, with only silence in return.

“Jezibel.”

“I wasn't there for you.” Jezibel responded meekly, looking to the ground. She seemed deflated and withdrawn, as though she was not here. Yn could see that she had shut down, silent and morose as she stared at the ground.

“What? What does that mean? I was fighting an orc, how does this have to do with that.” Yn offered to her, confused by all of this.

“I should have been by your side, protecting you from danger.” Jezi began, a quiver to her voice as she moved to remove her clothes, her body trembling. He moved to stop her again, placing his hand on hers to stop her. He held it gently and looked her over.

“That doesn't matter, I am your slave and should have protected you. I failed at that, and for that I should be punished. Any master who punishes their slaves and so I shall be. As my first did.” Jezibel finished, her voice choppy as she tried to move her hands again. Yn kept his hands against hers, preventing her from moving. She struggled weakly before finally giving in.

“This isn't that kind of… what's gotten into you?” Yn asked of her, worry on his face.

“One of the bandits was from the clan… the same as my husband.” Jezi finally spoke up, making Yn jump in shock.

“You're married? I didn't…” Yn stuttered, removing his hand from hers. Without the grip, her top fell, revealing herself to the man, along with the scar across her stomach. Silence held trh two for a moment as Yn stared at the scar, Jezi silent and waiting for something to happen. Yn tried to speak, but the words failed him several times. When the words finally started, Jezi was quick to respond.

“I was captured from my tribe and turned into a trench wife, nothing more than a hold for him to use for pleasure or pain. When I tried to fight, I was nearly gutted like a boar. Any time he got hurt, I was used as a punching bag. I was used and abused by all. One night, when he broke his arm he did the same to me.” Jezibel spoke, feeling warmth spread in her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak again, only to feel herself pulled into his chest.

“Thats not me, so don't fear that happening.” Yn spoke softly to her, holding her close to his chest. She could feel the warmth of his chest, comforting and soft. She could feel the strength behind him, yet only felt his soft embrace. She couldn't hide the tears that began to trickle down her face, yet she hid the sobs as they stood there.

“I would never allow anyone, especially me, to hurt you like that ever. Though labeled as your master by some, I want nothing more than to be your friend. I promise you, I shall not harm you for me getting hurt due to my actions or stupidity.” Yn assured her, his voice gentle and comforting, providing a strong base. When he could feel that she her stopped, he moved her away, enough that they could see each other.

“You never have to fear me raising a hand to you like that ever. I think you should stay here and rest. You seem to need it.” Yn offered her, giving her a gentle smile. She gave a teary smile and began to redress, feeling her cheeks flush red as the man exited. Faur was standing nearby, a coy smile on his face. Yn grumbled at him and instructed the deer to keep an eye on her.

*So, already got her to take off her top?* Faur spoke, giving a pleasing smile.

*It's not like that you animal. Just… make sure none bother her, especially Mynx or Jamon. She needs some rest* Yn made him promise that before heading to help the others as needed. Finally got Jezi to open up some, but this wasn't what he wanted from her.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

As a predator, Mynx relied on her sense of smell for early detection of both prey and danger, and as she approached her now sleeping ward, she noticed two scents which caused her hackles to rise. The first, and most alarming for her, was the distinct odor of a canine. It had a taint to it that only one of the cursed beings gave off, and without doubt, she knew it was a lycan. The other scent, which was a bit farther away, was that of a carrion eater, the unpleasant stench of corruption preceding its approach. Although it was faintly familiar, she could not pinpoint the type of creature that carried such a heady aura, but ogre came to mind. But it was of no matter to her, the beast within the camp took precedence due to its location and the particular distaste the ocecat had for its kind...and without further thought, the feline changed her direction and headed towards the canine.

Keeping low, Mynx covered the distance quickly, stopping just out of sight of the archer and his burden. A low growl reverberated in her chest, barely audible as she watched Tris carry the injured cur to...somewhere. Whoever she was, she carried the same smell as the bandits, most likely one of their hunters, or perhaps a toy. Mynx did not like her presence intruding on the group one bit, but she was not going to question the man's decision, not to his face. Once the cursed dog was alone...well...that was a different matter.

For a short time, the cat followed the archer, keeping back far enough to avoid detection...or so she hoped. Unconscious, the young whelp did not seem dangerous, but Mynx knew otherwise. She had an instinctual fear of the creatures, and a previous encounter that had been a turning point in her life many years ago, only enhanced it. She had been mauled and left for dead shortly after turning twenty years, her life saved after being collected by a human who ended up teaching her the ways of the modern world, including its common language. It opened her eyes to many things, and she had only gone back to her colony once afterwards. The new world interested her more...and several years later she had joined the Rogue's Gallery.

With a troubled snarl, the ocecat slowed her pace, allowing Tris to pull away from her. There was no use in keeping his tail, he would deal with the lycan however he saw fit. She doubted anything she said or did would change that. Her only hope would be to catch the unwary dog alone. She slinked away in the opposite direction, heading for the cover of the forest and away from the camp and all the scents, both familiar and not, forgetting all about the other presence she had detected.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 08-21-2019 at 04:33 PM.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Part 1 of 2: Shel and the Bandit

*TIMESTAMP*
    The morning of the bandit raid.

Shel & The Bandit:
    An Encounter Beside A Dying Fire

It was just before daybreak, and the light of a full moon was beginning to wane above the woodlands that encompassed the Rogues—and on the fringes of this encampment, shivering and alone, was the incredulous orc woman who slumbered solemnly beside a quickly dying fire.

Presently lost in the depths of a dream, Shel’s body jerked involuntarily as she experienced a bout of restless sleep that left her mind as disconcerted as her body was cold. For all but gone was the warmth and comfort that had been shared between Shel and the hooded Velaire some hours earlier in that very spot. Only a single glowing pebble of orange remained now, the last reminder of what was once ignited and alive in that pit, it too destined to become nothing more than dead ash.

Like clockwork, a gust of brisk wind came and went like a thief in the night, smothering the last ember, whilst also heightening the fever dream that Shel was currently experiencing. The sensation of it all caused beads of cold sweat to form on the orc’s suddenly furrowed brow.

Her body jerked

talking gawking mocking

glaring swearing erring

stalling sprawling brawling

and shivered once more

flipping gripping stripping

perusing bruising using

pleading bleeding breeding

as the fire finally died.

Shel awoke suddenly with a shout, gasping for air like some victim of a near drowning, her clenched fists reaching for the first thing they could: green grasses and weeds, all covered in dew. Of course, this was very little to stabilise one’s self with, but that did not stop the orc from trying. Shel gripped the turf beside her as if for dear life, so forcefully and frantically that it could have been embarrassing...

Well, if anyone was there to see.

Because wasn’t she all alone? Her fire dead?

A quick glance to the left and then to the right quickly confirmed this notion, revealing that not a soul was nearby… which in turn gave the orc a bit of reprieve. Why should one feel embarrassed when no one was there to judge? Only the sound of crickets singing in the background provided soft euphony, the music of insects taking over the crackling of the fire that had once been there with the hooded Velaire.

If only my damned dreams would follow suit, and die too.

Shel fucking hated dreams. A plague they were, in fact. They constantly were there, disrupting her slumber, never ceasing to remind her of everything she tried to block out during her waking hours.

Tiredly, Shel buried her face into her hands for one weary moment, only to notice the smell of fish and smoke that lingered on her skin and garments. All of it made the lady orc feel... disgusting, and she knew there was no way she would be getting any more rest.

Not now, anyway.

So as the sun approached its ascent, Shel decided that she may as well rise up alongside it and try to be useful. And her first step in doing was to groom and make herself presentable, she figured; so she stripped down to her underclothes, abandoned the fire pit she had shared with Vel, and dove into the creek to clean off every foul smell...

...and hopefully, every foul feeling.

As the firmament above the world began to substantially brighten, an array of pastel colours shone quite fabulously just above where Shel swam. This was the dawn of a new day, and the natural beauty of it seemed to nurture some sort of replenished hope within the orc.

It even made her feel like quietly singing an old Orcish ballad that she had learned as a child.

Rokka mokka rho
    Rokka mokka rho
    Rokka rashza ishi yaka mog nor zo

Sang in heavily accented orcish, the lyrics spoke of contrast, of men and women, and of the balance of life—while its tune remained harmonious with the current backdrop of birds and crickets that accompanied her as she floated aimlessly down that wild woodland creek.

Rokka lokka gha
    Rokka lokka gha
    Lokka rashza ishi yaka mog mar za

Shel inhaled, deeply, and then exhaled, evenly.

Today is going to be a good day.

In fact, the peace of the morning even seemed to inspire her to do something nice for someone... because how could such a sunrise mean anything but a sign of good things to come? If you couldn’t somehow hold on to optimism and resilience, Shel reminded herself, what do you have?

Nothing.

I’ll make Crag a very large breakfast, Shel decided as she floated, so lost in her thoughts that she had not noticed how far she had begun to ebb downstream... At least until she heard a faraway shout that echoed from a distance, one that was a little too far away to hear in full clarity:

W K E . . . U P . . . U . . . L A . . . Z Y . . . S H I T S . . .
    ittttssssss
    itsssss

W E . . . V E . . . C O . . . A N Y . . .
    yyyyyy
    yyyy

Shel raised a brow, her intuition telling her that echo sounded of a tone very similar to the snarky Tristifer. Well, that was the end of her leisurely float, it seemed. Zut! He can piss off with his rooster calls, the huntress mused inwardly, beginning to swim towards the shore with a mind to find the pretty yet paltry man and tell him as much. Because how could he expect her to respect his command if that is how he chose to summon his peers?

And thank you, O Lord Tristifer, for spoiling my beautiful morning.

Last edited by Leanna; 05-15-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I still have to edit the second (long) part

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Surprise Adam/Sheva co-op.

Being one of the stronger remaining members Adam was put on body moving duty first. Tris and some of the other quick handed Rogues had picked everything off the bodies whether it be valuable or not. As Tris liked to say there is always a buyer if you know where to look. He did wish they didn’t have to burn all the bodies, there was a lot of them and even with a Mage like Sheva around to keep the fires under control he was nervous about burning things in the middle of the forest.

And this body was a big fat one, grunting under the load Adam managed to shuffle over and drop him onto the heap. Letting out a low groan he stretched his back grumbling under his breath.

“Is this the last of them?”, Sheva asked as she noticed the body. Her hands were already glowing as she fed the fire and increased its power, forming a deadly pyre. In truth even though she said she will take caution not to burn the flora around, the idea of it rising in flames was rather appealing. Something about this place made her recall of another… and with it surfaced some bad memories.

“What about those we captured alive, and the one the ranger brought with him?”

Adam nodded rolling his shoulder. “Yeah, at least as far as I know. Might be a couple still needing to be looted. As for his new pet I have no clue, I’ll leave that up to Balder. But I can go question our own prisoners.” He studied her glowing hands and smiled. “Hmm come along. Setting them on fire might help our interrogations.” He chuckled moving back towards Balder’s cart where the prisoners were being kept.

“You know very well that this is not how magic is supposed to be used, right?”, She lifted her nose in protest as she slowly started to let the fire go down, letting the air spread the ashes. It was poetic in a sense. After spending so much time with Su-Lin she realized her idea of “rebirth” may come to pass, the ashes of the bodies will be used to fertilize the forest.

“But so be it, you are in charge after all!”, she leaned down at the ground, her hands glowing a bit as she felt herself renewed with power. Too much energy was used, and she felt herself drained. That very small spot of grass withered instantly, becoming yellowish sick in color. She got up and turned to follow Adam.

The man shrugged watching her mess with the magic his eyebrow quirking up at the grass dying. “Who's gonna stop us? It’s not like there’s any Mage Hunters around to snitch to. Besides just the threat of being set on fire might be enough to loosen their tongues. What did you do to the grass?” He asked stepping away from her some.

Sheva gasped as she quickly pulled her hands behind her back and lowered her head. She was so overtaken by the energy which she had just absorbed to noticed that in a sense she may showed her “uglier” side. While she considered what to say, as that question was never brought about before from another person, she bit her lips and looked at him, “Probably just the left over of the fire still lingering… magic is indeed hard to control”, She looked into his eyes, hoping this will satisfy him. After all, he didn’t seem that bothered before, when she touched him directly by mistake.

Adam hummed lightly, but left it alone. He’s gone this far in life avoiding magic if at all possible so he simply shrugged and turned to leave. Adam and Sheva soon arrived at the cart the where a man and a woman were bound together but separately gagged. Both looked pissed off, but the veteran warrior saw fear in the woman’s eyes behind the hate and decided to start with her. Ripping the gag off he grabbed her chin and made her stare at him waiting for the fear to spread. As it did he smiled a cruel smile and unbound her from the man and lifted her up tossing her at Sheva. “Hold that one, we’ll have some fun.” The other prisoner let out a low growl and tried to get up but Adam roughly kicked him in the chest smashing his back into the cart. “You’ll get your turn.” He then tied the male prisoner to the cart itself before looking back at the woman.

If Sheva was any other woman she might have flinched right then and there. But Sheva had the pleasure of knowing a different side of Prince Adam, and while the time they spent together as short, his ‘wilder’ side never escaped her, even when he tried to ‘behave’. And after everything she was put through and the trouble she got into, there was little in terms of pity in her left. She simply wanted the information and be done with it.

Soon after the woman was slammed at the ground as Sheva’s boot was right at her neck. Before she could protest, Sheva dropped a scroll to the ground which shone instantly. The wood in the cart turned to life as it wrapped around the woman and the man, slowly strangling the life out of them while Sheva took the time to remove her small knife.

“We will play it simply, yes?”, she said as she turned to study the gaze the woman before her gave her. It was that of surprise, which was a given. Not many would expect a woman to behave like she did. She smirked. Did this lady think she would go easy on her because she was a woman? Or maybe she hoped that Sheva will tell Adam to spare them. Maybe play a little game of good guard and bad guard? Whatever it was, Sheva couldn’t help but rejoice at this fright which was born of uncertainty. This sensation brought forth a reaction from within Sheva, a sinister and dark behaviour, drenched from the joy of power and control, “See him?”, Sheva pointed at Adam, “You will answer this man, yes?”. The knife stung the wood, hitting few inches from the woman’s left cheek as Sheva’s hand started to drag the blade along it, “Is it clear?”

Adam hid a slight smile as he watched Sheva’s treatment of the prisoner. Though his plan for being the hardass was kind of altered by Sheva’s much better intimidation tactics. He knew magic would be handy. With a slight nod he approached the women and squated lightly seeing her fear quite evident now. “Oh I think she will.” Grabbing her grubby shirt he lifted her into a seated position making sure to block her view of her comrade.

Sheva grinned, “Always so confident… Some things never changed”, aside of his choice of hair style, of course. He had apparently began to let his hair grow, a thing which would have upsetted his father. She wondered why she hadn’t noticed that small detail until now. She thought about saying it aloud but decided not to. She already had more than enough of a taste of how annoyed he can be and it was really not her business. Besides… she found it to be…a rather handsome new feature.
    As if waking from a daydream Sheva quickly shook her head as she pulled a long fabric from her bag and moved for the male’s direction, using it to blindfold his eyes, “There, so you won’t feel untreated”, she smiled softly.

The man grunted angrily, but settled down. Adam looked the woman in her eyes. “We’re gonna ask a few simple questions. Answer them and you two may get out of here alive, don’t and…” He shrugged looking at the Mage. “Well let’s not go there yet. Now who sent you?”

The woman bit her tongue, but a quick back hand from Adam made her cry out. “One warning then I let my associate try.”

As her cheek began to swell and turn red she lowered her gaze. Words in the common tongue seemed to come hard to her, but in a rough voice heavy with an accent which Adam had not heard of she said, “Ice Man.” Adam looked at Sheva for some clarification.

Sheva thought for a moment and then her eyes opened with a surprise, “Adam… who… ordered this quest!? Our quest!?”, Her hands shook with disbelief, “Tell me… I need to hear it from your lips!”. If her conclusion was right… then… something didn’t add up. Weren’t they doing it for the Queen of Novigard… but if what this girl saying is true then…

Adam narrowed his eyes standing up some. “The Queen of the Ice Nation. The order given to us from an envoy named Mosley.” The woman’s eyes widened for a second as he said the name before she forced it down. But Adam noticed and pressed close. “Who is Mosley?”

The woman once again bit her tongue and shook her head. “No!”

“Your loyalty is admirable… but foolish...”, Sheva shook her head as she lifted the knife, “Mosley is a traitor… betraying his queen as he hopes to gain something… but what?”, Sheva then looked deep into the woman’s eyes, “Don’t bother saying anything more. Your stupidity and stubbornness will be your undoing, child. You could have easily earned your freedom if you just played along. See… I don’t need you to say anything further to deduce that little details… and besides, your words and accent will hinder any information anyway”. Sheva then looked at Adam, “Now we just need to understand why he decided to send us on this quest… and why did he wanted us gone… if that was his aim… Shall I remove this one and continue to the next guy here? Or shall I spare her in some manner since she did throw us a bone?”

As Sheva talked Adam watched the woman closely. There was more than loyalty here, these are lowly bandits, their loyalty doesn’t go much higher than coin. Fear was behind her stubbornness, more fear than they could have put in her. “It wasn't Mosley, he was just a messenger. To compete with Queen Tanya’s gold, it would need to be a Lord or Lady behind it.” Once again he saw some kind of recognition in the woman’s eyes. “Who?” He grabbed the woman by the front of her shirt and lifted her roughly up, the old worn fabric ripped making the woman fall back to the ground topless with not even a bra on. But in the moonlight they saw a pale glow about her body. Moving quicker than they expected she ran to her companion and crashed bodily into him both of them being engulfed in white blue flames making Adam jump back and crash into Sheva his hand ripping her dress again revealing her bare shoulder to his bare hand as he pushed her back.

Sheva gasped as felt the direct impact, and in her shocked state of mind she didn’t notice that her power began to work without her intention, as she began to sap more of Adam’s energies. Luckily enough she was able to calm herself and grab onto him, waiting for the havoc around to die down, “You must stop undressing me like this”, she shook her head pulling the ripped sleeve back into place, “Regardless, I wonder what the hell was that all about?”. She looked around, nothing was left of the two captures aside of a big pile of ashes, azure in color, “What kind of a horrible skill did she use?”.

As Adam touched Sheva his head instantly swam and he staggered slightly until she grabbed onto him. Holding his hand to his head he panted. “You’re...the mage...you tell me.”

“I am a mage, but don’t expect me to hold all the arcane answers in the world! I wish I did, that would have saved me so much trouble and I would have my own kingdom by now”, she bent beside the leftovers, letting her fingers dip into the remains, “Blue white ashes… I don’t like this”. Of course she didn’t. She never liked to stumbled into something she didn’t understood or had no previous knowledge of. However, Sheva appeared to be both intrigued and fascinated by the desperate plan of the woman. Despite the outcome she always adored people who pushed their limits to gain their aims… And if one was willing to put their life at risk to preserve a secret, it only meant that the woman and man would have been killed off anyway. One cannot help but admire such action needed to guard a knowledge and be weary of it and the mastermind behind it.
    Sheva then took out a small vial and filled it up with the ashes, closing it with a cork, “I’ll study this later. Maybe Vel will know something about it…”, Sheva sighed as she got up, dusting off her dress. She looked at Adam who seemed too mesmerized, which was good. Once again he ignored the fact she sapped his energy which was a blessing for her. She was not ready to face this question about her power yet, “Speaking of a kingdom, I need to inform you of something… and after you hear it, I would like you to keep the information to yourself, if you may”.

Adam had recovered some, getting his mind in order shaking the weirdness from it, remembering the sensation from before. “You did something to me, what is going on here? What do you want to say?”

“I… I did nothing….”, which was kinda true. It was not intentional per so, “But that’s not important, listen to me. What do you know about the child in the possession of the Ocecat and the warrior Su-Lin?”.

Adam shook his head once more before standing up narrowing his eyes again. “Something happened, I don’t get head rushes. And what does the young former Prince of Salivan have to do with any of this?”

“So you knew… but don't you think something is odd.. I’ll give you few minutes to process it”, she tried to avoid his first question again, averting his attention to the second topic, “I mean… Don’t you remember who was the queen back then?!”

Adam looked down in thought. “Yes I remember it, the Queen was a tall woman with black hair, that’s all I remember.”

“Dark brown, but yes, Queen Maive Lorthen was tall… and almost the same age as me… and had trouble bearing children… and in fact, until you left she had no spouse. Now think of all this information carefully and tell me… was she able to actually have Jamon as a child? Obviously no… she is too young to bare a seventeen year old brat. And if you ask around you would know that the name of his mother is nothing like that of the queen… Which means… the original queen was removed… And now two imposters are ruling as queen and king instead… Jamon is not of royal blood! At least not that of Salivan! Do you understand what this means?”

Adam rubbed his eyes slowly. “Kings are known for taking multiple wives and many of them quite young. I once heard of a King back in Bisignol who had a twelve year old wife who bore children before she was even two years his wife. So our young Prince isn’t a real Prince? Does that mean his parents are usurpers?”

“Yes…”, Sheva licked her lips, “Obviously I could care less. In fact the idea of her broken, sad, torn from everything is… sweet… however, I do care about Salivan. I’m not a patriot mind you… Not after all the inner struggles and foolish fights… but this is a chance I cannot afford to miss”, Sheva took a moment to consider her words, “If Salivan’s monarchs are imposters, that means the closest royal family in line are justified to grab the throne…”, Sheva eyes glared at Adam, “The Dominion”, she said and before Adam could respond she quickly added, “Adam… this might be your one and only chance to finally grab a worthy kingdom! For once you will be ahead of your brothers, if you play your cards right… You will be a king!”

Adam’s eyes narrowed and he moved closer talking in hushed tone as he grabbed the woman’s waist forcing her close to him. “Even if what you’re saying is true, my only connection to the Salivan royal family is that the old king was my distant maternal uncle. My brothers still have the same claim, and if the real Queen is alive she’ll take over or any heirs she has. And if Jamon’s parents took the Salivan Throne in a justified coup or pitched war then the rite of conquest takes effect and to get it back we’d need to declare war!”. He moved his face closer, suspicion heavy in his voice. “Why are you telling me this? Disgraced or not, you have nearly as strong a claim on the throne as me “Lady General”, don’t you?”, He reached around her lower back pressing their hips together. “Unless you want something. That it? You wanna be my Queen, Sheva? Talk me up, bed me, maybe trick me into planting an heir in you? Regain some of your glory?”, He kissed her hard. “That’s your plan?” He said somewhat harshly, his voice a low husky growl. ”And what if I don’t want to be a King?” He reached up and ran his hand against her face and through her hair, like a caress.

Sheva, surprised by the kiss remained stiff and wordless. The more he spoke the more she felt the chill getting deeper and deeper under her skin. Once she regained some sense, she quickly pushed him away, but the blush remained upon her pale skin. His energy was still within her, rushing through her veins like liquid fire. Fear began to sink in as his words echoed in her mind, as if finally understanding what she was asking and how it came across.
    Did she want the throne? Yes! The possibilities of her finally getting what she thought was her well deserved reward was everything she wanted. No longer scraping to get by, living each day without knowing what tomorrow will bring with it. She will finally be a proper lady with honor and title and all the power she could want at the snap of her fingers.
    However she miscalculated Adam’s reaction. She didn’t have royal blood, so obviously she couldn’t be queen herself. She considered the idea of seducing the man, but it quickly vaporized the moment she thought of it. He was not the kind of man one would trick and get away with and she really didn’t need to go that far anyway. All she needed was him on the throne and be given her military position again to be as important as a king. That would have worked just as well.
    And here he was, reading on her intention and downplaying each and every route she considered, which sickened her to the core. And his suggestions about bedding him and bearing a child in his name? And that kiss? Gods.
    The crimson line upon her cheeks burnt with fury and embarrassment. If only she had more power she would have used her magic and ordered him to jump off a cliff, but she felt powerless… and his action made her feel too lost and confused to think straight.

“One can steal a nation, but only royal blood can rule”, Sheva said as she looked up at him, a twisted grin upon her lips. Two can play this game. She moved in his direction as it was her turn to press herself closer returning his strangely intimate gestures by placing her hands on his hips and the top of his surprisingly firm buttocks. “You don’t want to rule? Look me in the eyes and tell me the idea is not appealing, “PRINCE!”.”
    Her words were emphasized as her hands pressed tightly, “Finally, no more kings to be in line before you, no servants to pull your reins as they see fit. You have a claim… and none of your brothers are here to know of it…”, the smiled faded from her lips as she kissed his chin before stepping back smugly, “You will make me your queen? Don’t make me laugh. You mock me at each and every turn, and to you, everything is but a game… but yes, I am not meant to crawl in the wilderness, live by scraps and deal with the fear of death with each step… I want this. I want the power and wealth and influence that come with it. The kingdom owes me that! The queen owes me that! After everything she put me through! Those puny moronic citizens and their war with the children of the forest!”, Sheva pulled out her knife and passed it carefully over her fingers before she quickly rushed to Adam, the blade stopping mere inches from his neck, “Don’t you dare tell me you don’t want to rule, Adam. I will never believe it”.

Anger flashed over Adam’s features as this woman once again squirmed her way around his body and managed to once again put his life in danger. Moving quick he grabbed her hand twisting the knife from her grip before he flipped her over his hip and pinned her to her back on the ground, laying between her legs while his hands pinned her arms down. “You are a woman in a man’s world! your only chance at ruling anything is to be a broodmare! And that only lasts if you pop out a son.” He lowered himself onto her, his face a few short inches, their hot breaths mixed with the cold air of the night and created condensation on the grass around them. “If we have a daughter she’d just be a broodmare for some other stuck up noble stain. I...want...nothing...to do...with that world.”

Sheva’s face and top of her breasts were red, either in arousal or anger she wasn’t sure, “And you are a man with no power either!”, she began to fight him, but he proved to be too strong so she simply panted as she chose her words carefully. “You know something Adam? You are stubborn, slow, arrogant, spoiled brat… but you are not a liar. Your body acts different than what you preach!”, a grin formed upon her lips, “Despite your mockery, you have not once told me I was wrong… You do want the throne! you can’t deny it!”, She quickly kneed the inside of his thigh then rolled them both forcing him to his back while her wrists twisted twining with his fingers using pressure points on the knuckle to keep them down, “And this is the real world! It’s not what you were born with under your legs that makes you better, it’s how you handle your cards to change your fate… unless of course you’re just an angry little boy rebelling against daddy.” This time it was Sheva’s turn to kiss the brutish man that by all rights she should hate with all of her being, but feeling his energy was like the finest wine she’d ever tasted. The kiss was rough and full of passion, her body grinding against him some now.

And it seemed like Adam was going to let her continue, while she hated the idea of just being seen as a broodmare to him, it did appeal to some...deeper...base instinct inside of her and the act itself would likely be tremendous. But just as she was snaking her hand down to begin working on his belt the man let out a deep growl and quickly bucked her off the ground with his hips throwing off her balance and grip before freeing his hands and tossing her off to the side scooting away his face, which appeared to be just as red as her’s, and now a strange golden glow filled his left eye. His voice rough and it was obvious his own baser instincts were at work. “I...do...not...want...to...be...a King...only...a good...man.”

Sheva looked up as she noticed the small change. Was he fighting something within himself? She certainly didn’t use her power to control him and was careful not to sap energy, hell, she didn’t even have the power to do much to him. But she could tell something was happening to him and she had no idea if she was at fault or not, “Be… a good king then…”, she swallowed and bit her lips as she slowly crouched and carefully sent her hand to the cheek right below his changed eye while keeping watch that he won’t attack her, as if she was about to pet an alarmed vicious mutt, “Your eye!”, she finally uttered once her hand successfully landed on his face, slowly averting his face to make sure a changed truly had happened and that what she saw was not a trick of the moonlight.

He grunted moving from her grabbing a metal pan and angling it so the moonlight reflected off it. His eyes widened, the gold one glowing brightly. A fear Sheva had never seen crossed his face. “Magni!” He dropped the pan and dropped to his knees clutching his head almost in a panic. “No! No! NO!”

“Hey! Hey!”, she tried to call for him to stop, but when his panic attack seemed to be getting worse she simply did what was the natural thing for her to do. She pulled his head to her bosom and lowered them both down to sit, trying to sooth him by petting his head, “It’s okay, it’s okay!”, She didn’t know what made him act like this, but it didn’t help any of them, and she was sure he didn’t want to be seen like that, “It’s okay”, she continued to pet his head, finally feeling her energy restored, and with that, almost without her control, her powers began to sap more of his energy into her, which seemed to calm him a bit and once he was more relaxed, so did her own power stabilize and her touch was harmless once again.

The panic faltered but the headache from before returned and despite how nice it felt being nestled in her bosom he pushed back and fell tiredly onto his ass the gold glow of his eye fading. “No, I can’t...be..a Magni...I...can’t!” His breath quaked, but he had regained some his composure.

“What’s a Magni?”, Sheva asked slowly. The fear didn’t leave her expression, as though knowing she may hear some unpleasant news.

He panted while closing his eyes and rubbing them slowly. “It means I am the first Dova born with magic in over one hundred generations. The Spell Knights will learn of it...hunt me down...and...drag me...back.” More fear filled his voice as he spoke low. “They’ll make...me King...or kill me.”

“Then let me make sure they will enthrone you and not enshroud you”, Sheva said, “The fear of magic is so rooted in you. Why? What’s wrong with it, or the fact that you have it in your blood?”

Adam stood up, his fists clenching and his breath forcibly calming down. “Because I am no longer in control of my own fate. Like I said, the Spell Knights will be alerted to it and they will drag me back. I need to...need to go for a walk.” Turning quickly he moved off into the darkness.

“Wait!”, Sheva called after him, her hand reached out, “wait a minute!”

Adam shook his head only stopping for a second before continuing on.

Sheva quickly ran after him, not before grabbing her blade, “Those knights, can they sense you? Can they really just appear out of mid air and arrest you? I think your fear is simply unjustified! You are an exile by choice no? What could they possibly do with you? I’m a mage and I’m not in shackles, so… what’s the big deal of you having some magic, I simply cannot understand this at all!”

Shaking his head Adam kept moving. “No they can’t just teleport, but they are like golems. They’re constructs that need no rest, no food, no water. They were made by the first of my family line back when we were still among the Iaegr in Sjerdthaun. A Rune Priest named Ysmirg Dovg, created to protect his family from the destructive magics of the Aelfir and the Eldivor. But they need magic to “awaken” and while Ysmirg’s son Grimzerg was also a Rune Priest, magic was still feared back in those days so he rarely practiced it.” The man stopped at the small creek staring at the rushing water. “So the Spell Knights simply became burdens, they were only activated to train the first few classes of human Mage Hunters. And as he aged his lack of constant practice meant his powers were fading with each passing year. So in his final years he placed one last rune on the Spell Knights, using his own blood as the seal he cast something like a Blood Curse on them. Whenever Dova blood shows signs of magic the Curse activates and so do the Knights. To them Ysmirg is calling them to his aid and they will stop at nothing to find the source, and because Ysmirg was a Mage King only a King with magic blood can stop them. Not a Prince with magic blood.” He sighed heavily dropping to his knees.

Sheva glared at him and then slowly walked behind him, trying to process all the information given. She knew she had more studying to do, but from the little she could make sense she realized a ritual from long ago may kick back to life and hunt Adam at any given moment. It will not only be troublesome but may as well burden them, as they had their mission and had more than enough of enemies to deal with.

And yet… it also perfectly aligned with her plans.

Now fully standing beside him she placed her hands over the top of his, as though in the shape of a crown and said: “Then let us make sure that when they find you, they will find a king”, a grin appeared upon her lips, enjoying the sensation of victory, alas the smile quickly faded away, “However we do need to make careful preparation to welcome your charges… Tomorrow night we shall meet, and I’ll work on a protective charm which I will engrave on your body to conceal your presence away from any lurking eyes. I would have done it now, but I need to prepare. Besides, we are already reaching a point where our comrades may come and look for us, so we should head back now.”

Looking at the small river she said as her eyes were tracing the soft movement on the water surface, “Now, this spell I will perform is tricky in nature. It won’t hold for long, and may prove worthless, but it is the best solution I can offer and it should buy us some time to consider our next move. I will try to make it as painless as I can, but I do fear it may have some side effect as the spell in question will be empowered by your blood. It’s the price to pay against such powerful magic that may be at work. And if your words regarding your Iaegr legacy are true we will need to work with extreme care. I don’t know much about the ancients, but I do know that they were terrible foes even to the old elves who were considered among the most vicious and terrible mages and creatures of their time… I will ask you to take the time and consider what are the terms in which you will be seen as ‘king’ in their eyes too, because I’m sure that title alone will not be enough to deactivate or make them useful to you. Would you accept this, Adam?”
    Adam shook his head standing back up. “I don’t know much about magic, but using my blood to conceal me from magical constructs that can hone in on my blood from across continents will not work, I can tell you that much. It might fool the Iron or Steel Spell Knight, but the Ebony Knight was Ysmirg’s last and greatest creation. So unless you plan to kill my brothers and father by the end of the week I will not be King by the time it finds me and that means wearing my father’s crown which was also created by Ysmirg and acts like a beacon for them. But if you can manage that much I’ll have nigh invincible warriors to go conquer Salivan for you.” He said sarcastically moving back towards the camp. He could hear the heavy thuds of Balder’s feet who indeed seemed to be looking for them now.

Sheva looked at him going back and was at a loss for words. He appeared much smarter than what she gave him credit for, finding such a plain view fault in her idea. She was furious and annoyed with the fact it was him teaching her, but she had to get over it and come to terms that he was right. He was moving further away by the minute and with him any chance of her plan coming to furitation. And just before he was completely out of her sight she bit her lips, swallowed her pride and yelled, “THEN WE SHALL USE MY BLOOD!”.

She gasped and breathed deeply realizing what she was suggestion. Any proper mage would avoid altogether any use of her own body and blood without a worthy cause because the outcome could prove to be more of a curse than a blessing. A cut in the known borders of reality is formed whenever a spell subject is met directly in a physical manner with the person casting a spell and the outcomes varies: a link, a change of control, or even the caster’s own life. So the idea itself was somewhat risky and premature for Sheva to even consider, but Adam was giving her no choice or time to think, “We’ll use my blood to create the seal then”, she licked her lips, “What do you think of this suggestion?”

Adam stopped and looked at her closely. “That seems like an even worse idea, won’t that make us connected or bound or something?”

“It may”, Sheva blushed and looked away, “Yes, it will”.

“Might as well marry me and get an heir put in you, that way they’ll turn off once we’re both dead. Do what you think you need to do, I don’t want to be King, but I don’t want to take any of you with me when they come to kill me.” He reached into Balder’s cart and pulled out a white cloth and quickly tied it around his left eye so in case it turned gold hopefully no one else would see it. “Best of luck Sheva.” He said before Balder appeared around his cart looking at the pile of blue white ash at the back of his cart. He was still injured and both of the humans could see he was too tired to ask right now. “Get some sleep you two, I plan to get us moving around noon.”

Adam nodded giving Sheva half a smile before he walked quickly away. The Giant watched him go then looked back at Sheva. “Remind me to ask what you two did to the prisoners later.” With that the Giant let out a low sigh and moved to his large blanket and nearly flopped onto it falling asleep nigh instantly.

Sheva watched at Adam in disbelief and shook her head. The thought of burning up the forest did go into her head and she knew it would be wonderful stress release, but she didn’t want to draw unneeded attention at her. She was extremely upset though. Dropping onto her knees and burying her fingers in her long black hair she tried to make sense of this whole crazy night. She had such high hopes that disappeared altogether and shattered just as quickly as they come about, and she was also extremely tired. Heading back to the cart she withdrew her pack and decided to pick a far and isolated location to spend the rest of night. She wanted a few hours to herself to make some sense of everything that had came to pass and to think of proper ways to get back at Adam and how much he made her feel so low and insignificant. She just wished she knew what the hell was going through that brick head of his. Here she was was practically graveling at his feet with such a dire suggestion that many others really would not consider twice before taking. Besides, what was it with him being all close and intimate just few moments ago, a change of event which he started this time, not her!

It was better to call it a night she thought. His energies were more than enough to restore her power but she knew that being angry and tired was not a good combination when casting a spell. It’s okay though, she could always torch him tomorrow.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

A short distance outside the perimeter of the camp, in the branches of a large ancient tree, a cream-coated ocecat was curled up, her tail hanging below her, swishing in agitation. She had taken to the high refuge after tailing Tris and the lycan, grumbling whilst ignoring Balder's call to search and collect the bodies of the bandits. She had done her share and had no intention of mingling with the others. Her mood not one to interfere with lightly.

With a huff, she sighed, pulling her tail to her and wrapping the slender appendage closer to her body. Bigwit was gone, which meant an end to her learning of the letters, and now Adam and Tris had new toys of their own. The feline was not going to trifle with a mage, and at least for the time being, a lycan, which meant finding other ways to entertain herself. Lifting up her lip in a show of displeasure, Mynx stretched herself out and rolled unto her stomach, inching her way to the end of the branch.

She inhaled deeply, peering into the darkness broken by the scattered fires in the camp. There was still some activity, but things seemed to be quieting down. Her return should go unnoticed. Moving slowly, the cat started to climb down from the tree, apprehension creeping in when the strong musty smell of lycan hit her nose again. Snarling, she walked the perimeter, finally turning in when she saw the sleeping form of Balder. The smell was less obvious here, the giant's hairy elephant giving off its own scent which masked the other. To her it was like a perfume. She crept closer, looking between the two before she decided on the animal. Hopefully with her nose buried in its hide, she should be able to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before dawn.

Her approach was silent, but when she reached the mammoth's side she was confronted with a large brown eye staring down at her. "Good beast," she whispered, running her hand along the shaggy fur gently. She could only hope her recent care of its wounds would make her seem less of a threat. If at all. The last thing she wanted was to be crushed by an enormous foot. Continuing with the soft petting and humming quietly, Mynx settled in next to the creature, waiting until it seemed relaxed before she curled up against it. The hint of mint from the medicine on its wounds mixed nicely with its musk and the woman fell asleep quickly, her breathing blending with those of the two in her vicinity.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Save the day and finally welcome to Alegast.

The smell of blood will always bring scavengers, but tonight something more than a scavenger was brought to the glorious stink of death, a creature of infamy, a beast wanted dead, the Grizzly Beast. Y'gol Skullborne, a terror from nearly a century and a half ago. The Hybrid monster owes his longevity to some Elvin ancestry, but the very thought is almost as scary as the Half-Ogre himself.

But even he cannot live forever, the years are catching up to him. His black skin has turned ashen gray and his once fiery red eyes have turned a dull orange. Still he is a fierce foe, able to expertly wield two massive cleaver swords, and with enough power and stamina left to hold his own against even a Lycan. But with age comes wisdom and caution, why take the head off a woolly rhino and risk getting skewed when you can simply make off with with some nice fresh dead bodies. This was Y'gol's plan tonight, but on a chance whiff of wind, he smelt something more. A human had removed himself from his group, he could snag the human and some bodies before the Giant or other's find him. Moving like a shadow Y'gol moved closer to his late dinner.

Tucked away in the shadows of the trees sat the young assassin. She perched herself on a tree branch so she could keep an eye on her surroundings as she wrote a letter. After finishing a contract she always wrote that "it's done" and instructions on how to finish payment. Once she finished writing the letter she pursed her lips together to make a soft bird noise. The sound of wings flapping broke the silence in the forest and then appeared the raven.

“Be quick,” Nalvhasèa spoke in a hushed tone as she tied the parchment to the raven’s leg and just like that the bird was gone. Now that she completed her end of the bargain she could relax. Taking off her hood and face cover she rested her back against the trunk of the tree. There was a town not too far off from where she was, she’d make her way there later.

Something began to vibrate her tree, putting Nalvhasèa on alert. Her silver eyes darted to the path below her and watched to see what was coming her way. The thumping continued to grow closer and she knew whatever it is, is huge. Nalvhasèa quickly threw her hood and face cover back on and watched the path until the Ogre appeared.

“Y’gol.” Her eyes narrowed as she watched him stomp past her tree. He was up to no good and has been on her personal hit list for awhile. She checked to make sure she had enough arrows before quietly following him through the trees.

With his focus on the wonderful smell of death the old Ogre kept his head level with his shoulders and ran like a heavy deer through the brush. He was within hearing distance of his prey a young man sleeping roughly beneath a tall tree. The Predator could also smell an Ocecat woman close by, possibly another hunter looking to make a feast of the kid, but Y'gol smelled him first. Slowing down the Ogre got a whiff of something else, someone hunting the hunter. A Dark Elf woman by the smells of her, likely a youngling. Ever since his part in the Secret War, Dark Elves have given him a wide berth seeing him as something of a necessary evil, and his daughter's mother had extended a Royal Protection Decree. Maybe she was even from one of the newer clans.

Still with a low amused growl he turned and faced his pursuer speaking in a low voice. "Do you know who you hunt child?"

The element of surprise is always preferred when fighting a foe larger than you. Nalvhasèa knew that this Ogre had a keen sense of smell and notice her right away, so she wasn't surprised when stopped and spoke to her.

"Yes, I'm aware." She kept her eyes locked on the sleeping man a few yard from her. Since she wouldn't be able to get to Y'gol first she decided to intercept his target. She leapt from branch to branch as she watched the young man snore away, unaware of the impending danger.

"Hey!" Nalvhasèa jumped off the branch and landed gracefully on her feet. She gave the human a swift kick in the leg to jolt him awake, "get up and get out of here!" She turned around and grabbed her bow and arrow in one quick motion, pointing the arrow at Y'gol's throat.

As Jamon lay drifted off into a slumber, the sharp pain of the kick to his leg jolted him awake as he groggly let out
    "Sir Falstskog, to arms...!" before the reality came back to him on where he was.

The very first thing that his clearing vision could focus on was that a very pretty girl was holding bow with an arrow. A pang of anger shot through him, her words still not registering, just another pretty girl with a weapon that had hurt him.

Jamon had just about enough as he grasped the sheath of the sword that awful girl had given him a week past while scampering to his feet. Not even aware or caring that Mynx was also close by, he had enough, after all, he had killed a man making him a capable man on his own ... in his reasoning.

Not waiting for what this new pretty girl was going to do to him, he rushes into the darkness of the forest away from the noises and voices of the camp area. He reasons that he leaves for the safety of the new pretty girl for after all, he now is a killer while fumbling to strap the sword across his back while going deeper into the darkness of the forest. As Jamon ran into the night a large clawed hand grabbed round his chest and lifted him up from the ground bringing the boy close to his skull masked face chuckling low. "Always nice when the rabbit runs into the trap." He gave the She-Elf a wink and simply vanished at a full run deeper into the forest.

As Jamon is picked up off his feet and pulled close to the Ogre's mask, Jamon tries pushing off from the massive form to no avail. Dryly Jamon gasps.
    "I am not a rabbit..." oddly irritated. Thus far he has been referred to as a trinket, a toy, a bed warmer, a child and now a rabbit.

After the blackness surrounds him as he is carried deeper into the depths of the forest and after hitting against the Ogre's chest does not free him, a dry raspy plea is offered.
    "There are dangerous people who shall come to my aide, set me free and I shall speak to them and ask they not kill you."

His dry raspy tone and tremble in Jamon's body betray the tale he tries to weave.

Y'gol lets out a harsh laugh carrying Jamon under his arm like a package. "Many dangerous people have tried to kill me, whole kingdoms of them. And yet here I still stand, now be quiet rabbit, let's not make it any easier for the Dark Elf that tried to save you to find us."

Jamon's mind starts to drift upon the words the awful girl had spoken to him often, his steel is thin and easily maneuvered. The blade withstands strikes others would not. It will cut what other blades will not. He has not a protector to faithfully serve him, even that illusion was tarnished by the words the awful girl spoke to him that those around him never had loyalty to him, only the coin and shiny jewels he provided to them. Is he lost to this mammoth being that's carrying him off like a wolf carries a rabbit. Does he need to finally fend for himself as the awful girl had told him would one day come? This other pretty girl this beast that's carrying him spoke of, did she startle him from his sleep in an effort to protect him, if so, was she stalking this beast? Was Miss Mynx, Miss Jezi, or even the awful girl going to look for him. There is a hopeless dismay drifting through his mind.

Nalvhasèa stood between the human and Y'gol, prepared to fight him off or at least provide cover for the man. Y'gol would not be an easy foe and she wasn't exactly armed to fight a creature like him. His thick skin would be impossible to penetrate with her arrows, her axes might make a scratch. That limited her to going for the eyes or shooting his throat through the inside. It wouldn't be easy, but she was up for the task.

She was about to order the man to stay behind her when she heard him jumping to his feet and taking off. Out of the corner of her eye she watched him run off into the forest, "Idiot." Nalvhasèa took off after him knowing Y'gol would catch up to the human fast. Taking to the tree tops once again she followed the faint footsteps left in the dirt. Y'gol's pounding footsteps rushed passed her as he ran with his dinner.

Thankfully tracking a large Ogre like Y'gol wasn't a difficult task, and the loud human helped out as well. She could hear their conversation as she closed in on the two of them. Jumping down from the tree she landed a few feet from him.

"Let him go, Y'gol."

The large Ogre stopped in his tracks chuckling low as he studied the woman.
    "Why? He may be scrawny, but food is food. And he was fool enough to run into my clutches, nature decrees he should die."

Jamon's drifting mind snapped back to the here and now as a woman's voice is heard. His eyes gaze in the direction of where the voice came. It is that other pretty girl. An emotion starts to grip him. Not the fear he often felt before Father's guards or Sir Falstskog stepped in on his protection, not even the fear he feels on Mynx or that awful girl at their threats, not even the bandits he faced, this was a new feeling coming over him. Anger for the first time comes to the young Prince.

Still well in Y'gol's grip, Jamon is well aware he could not reach the sheath across his back. Of the same thin steel as his sword, his boot dagger comes to mind. Doubt drifts through his mind having already felt the rough scaly skin of this beast whom grips him yet Su Lin's words resonate in his mind
    'Do nothing and you will have your rebirth to consider better on your next encounter'

Driven by this new sensation gripping him and drifting back to his training that awful girl put him through, he raises his leg while straining for his hand to grip the handle of the dagger. The thin highly crafted steel clears the boot sheath while Jamon no longer trembles and focuses more on the beast whom has him in his grip. What location on this beast is most likely to bring a release drifts through Jamon's mind.

Y'gol's keen eyes saw Jamon's attempt to pull a knife and simply shook the boy like a rag doll making him drop the silly little knife. "Silly human knifing an opponent in the dark is a coward's way. Now I will bite your head off."

Nalvhasèa bit her lip and shouted. "Wait Y'gol!" She lowered her bow and put the arrow back into her quiver before slinging the bow over her shoulder. "You said it yourself, he's scrawny. I've seen the camp he came from they have at least two large piles of dead bodies for you to sate your appetite upon. Many of them are quite fat! And best of all it'll be less trouble later than eating the boy."

Keeping his cool Jamon nodded. "She's right, and Adam just plans to burn the bodies anyway so you'll be saving a lot of trouble just taking them. And I can promise you no one will miss any of them, just thieving mercs from the Ice Nation!"

A low growl rumbled from Y'gol's chest before he nodded and placed Jamon down. "Very well, take the boy back. Tell his Masters to all sleep, no guards or anything. With me around...heh...no one will be fool enough to attack. The bodies will all be gone by dawn." The Half-Breed licked his lips before practically melting into the shadows not even the sound of his heavy clawed feet could be heard.

Jamon sighed replacing his dagger to his boot before he turned to the pretty Dark Elf. He smoothed his hair and bowed to her playing it off as best as he could that Y'gol hadn't bothered him. "Thank you my violet skinned savior." He reached for her hand and kissed it softly before standing back up smiling gently.

He expected a blushing maiden, but saw more like a purple skinned Su Lin who pulled her hand away wiping the back of it. He was a handsome one, for sure, but she wasn't sure about this boy or the group he was apart of. But she didn't trust the Ogre's words, so she would hang around until morning at least. She had no further contracts and she had caught glimpses of the groups fight with the bandits. They impressed her that didn't happen often, she might see about joining them if allowed.
    Studying the boy she shrugged. "First one is free, next time it'll cost you. Now come we best get back to your camp before Y'gol begins collecting."

Very little time passed before the pair reached the Rogue's Gallery camp. Adam was patrolling the perimeter his new eye patch giving him an even more dangerous look. He studied Jamon and the busty Dark Elf an eyebrow quirking up. "You are gonna have a lot of explaining to do to Mynx boy."

*An hour later*

While people were apprehensive at first hearing the most infamous killer in Eisignol was lurking in the shadows around their camp. Exhaustion and the promise of a few more hours of sleep won out and the Rogue's were all fast asleep in their tents dead to the whole world. Before even then though half of the bodies in one pile was gone and by the time Adam had to get up and use the bushes one whole pile was gone.

*Midmorning*

The sun glared through the tree tops jabbing the Rogues' in their tired eyes. But they all needed to get up, and as they stirred and looked for the piles of dead bodies. But true to his word all the dead bodies were gone, and no one bothered the sleeping adventurers. Amazement and relief filled their minds and apprehension their hearts, but they didn't have time to dwell on it. The town of Alegast and the Great Library, was still a day a way. Camp was broken down and they were moving shortly after lunch.

*The Gates of Alegast*

Not wanting to run the risk of another bandit attack the group decided to press on through the night and arrived in the scholarly town of Alegast shortly after dawn. While smaller than Balefire, the gentle occupants of Alegast lived more like the people of Excelsior and the Blue Flame City. Civil, clean, and always looking to appear the smartest or most gentle and noble.

Most of the Rogues would stick out here like sore thumbs. In fact as they passed the large statue of the town's founder and namesake. Archmage Alegast of the Green Eyes, many people audibly gasped and stared. Now for more exotic rogues like Balder, Shel, Nalvhasèa, and Mynx the stares were mixed with slight disdain, but as Balder showed the guards who greeted them the Rogue's Gallery pins the eyes averted and the gentlefolk went back to their business. As usual reputation overcomes many prejudices, Dagur's family owns lands all around Alegast. Disgraced or not he was respected by the scholars and aristocrats of the quiet town.

Adam groaned lightly placing his hand on his sword's hilt. "Nice to know the snobbish views of the High Elves is still alive and well in a town they founded over five centuries ago."

Balder nodded as he began leading the group through the wide open cobbled streets of the university city. "Ironic considering Alegast himself was an outcast among his own people because of his green eyes and founded this town as a place for all races to study magic, art, and history after a lifetime of being a pariah." Adam gave a snorting laugh and nodded. "Gotta love it, so where are we bunking up Balder?"

The Giant pointed his stubby index finger at the Great Library. "Guildmaster Harken arranged for us to stay in one of the Library's annex buildings. It was meant to be an on campus apothecary and alchemy lab, but someone used their common sense and said placing many millennia of priceless history right next to volatile chemicals wasn't a good idea. So it was turned into a storage facility, and once upon a time the Guildmaster was thinking about buying the building and opening a second Rogue's Gallery there."

Tris laughed loudly. "HAHAH from volatile chemicals to chemically unbalanced treasure hunters what a trade-up. Guess that's why we're still stuck in the cesspit of Balefire?"

Adam snickered. "Either that or Dagur offended one of the Professors and beat them in a duel so they just pitched a fit and shut the deal down."

The Giant chuckled and shrugged. "You'll have to ask Dagur, but I recommend not saying his name aloud when on campus. Now pick it up, we can get a few hours rest before delving into the archives for information on our objective."

*The Annex building.*

The group arrived in the small courtyard around the annex building before noon. Everyone was tired, so once the wagons and animals were taken care of they all shuffled inside. Being built as a lab instead of an inn the accommodations were needed to be improvised. Classrooms were made into bedrooms and were big enough to hold multiple people and their bedrolls if needed, but there were also enough of them for everyone to have their own space if desired. Common gear was kept on the main floor laboratory area and the group would just need to take their personal effects with them to hunt down rooms.

There were even some alchemy labs and enchanting tables around for use. No ingredients or gems of course, but the rest was there. Sleep was foremost in many minds, but being in a city known for it's history and cultural importance to the educated could be enticing for those who felt they could forego sleep for a few more hours.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-27-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast