Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Adam*

After dealing with Sheva, Adam slept like the dead...well not exactly like the dead because neither Vel nor Ash really sleep as far as he knows. So he slept like Balder or a mountain which is nearly the same thing. Either way he slept the dark dreamless sleep of sheer exhaustion or drunkenness. He heard thumps and bumps from both Mynx's room ad the room the young Dusha Kin had gone into, but he simply pulled the pillow over his head and went back to sleep.

He stayed like this until the loud gong woke him up and made him thrown himself up from his bed his sword which is always by his bed firmly in hand and ready to kill whoever had just crashed themselves through his door. But as he heard the Guildmaster's voice he sighed sheathing the sword rubbing his eyes groaning lightly. "I knew I should've had that thing melted down as soon as the Grandmaster of Ashra Temple gave it to him." Going over to his washbin he splashed his face then dried it and moved about getting dressed. He had a feeling they were going to be heading out on some big job, so he threw his usual travel kit together before throwing in his loose fitting black pants, boots, red jerkin, and long leather coat. Last thing he grabbed was his sword and the shoulder sheath which hung above his head. He only used this sheath when not in armor, but it's easier than tying his whole sword belt on.

He exited his room and winched lightly in the early morning sun. With a sigh he entered to common area grumbling to himself. "This better be some damn good news."

*Balder*

Up before the sun has always been the way of the Giants. "As the Sky Father looks upon his revered wife she awaits eagerly to see his shining face and insists her First Borns be up to see him as well." Was the reasoning always given to him as a child when he didn't wish to leave his warm bed. But as he grew and the dreary chores became duty and soon his purpose he followed his parent's example and was up and ready before dawn.

And even now he finds himself reciting the old mantra whenever he thinks he can sleep for a few more minutes. He is the only rogue who sleeps outside of the guildhall, even his assistant Shel Gra-Makar has her own room. Though she is usually quick to be out here to meet him and go over the guilds inventory for the day. Dagur must be getting ready to tell the rest of the company about the new contract. The Giant sleeps out in the field with Maso under his homemade tent nearly the size of a normal house and made of thick mammoth hide. Warm as can be, but a pain to set up and take down.

Still he'd been doing it for years and in minutes it was torn down and stowed away in his large pack. He would need to be in the hall soon to hear the contract so after a quick scan of his own supplies and a peek inside the storage barn out back of the hall Balder was stepping through his door his ears quickly picking up the gentle humming of Dagur's gong and the tired grumbles of his comrades at the rude awakening. The Giant chuckled to himself pulling out his three foot long smoking pipe and quietly lighting the tobacco inside the bowl and leaning against the wall crossing his massive arms over his chest watching the others and waiting.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default Siks / Storm Co-op and GM Mover

As the mercs slowly filter into the area, Su Lin looks toward the Guild Master then upon Mynx and her new possession. She allows a smile from seeing on how the child managed to survive it's first night with no servants to pamper it's wishes. Both the child arms still seem to be attached so all was not bad.

As others continue to filter in, she decides to speak to Dagur so she could seek to extend her quarters of the night or return to the Wild Boar Inn to plan out her next travel. She adjusts the purple silk ribbon draped around her neck as well as ensuring her hair wrapped and tied in back with the silver colored pin holding it still is presentable. She stands from her table stepping quietly across the floor and to the steps. At the top of the steps, she places her hands to her front, one hand on top the other. As she is close to Dagur, she speaks in an almost emotionless tone
    “Lord Master of thy Guild, word has spread that you seek those desiring service to you. Do you have a moment to make mind of if my abilities are what thee seeks?”

She looks to him, no expression upon her face, her chocolate brown eyes firmly fixated on him. She ponders if this man only seeks adventurous hearts as those she heard speak along her travel. If this man was simply seeking adventure seeking fools whom would disappear like the morning mist when a coin is in pocket, she did not desire either of their breaths wasted on meaningless further talk.

As Dagur waited for his people to gather one of the newcomers approached him. Turning slowly he saw it was the woman Balder told him about last night. The one that had killed the drunks. She didn’t look like much, but he’s been around enough to know better. Turning to fully face the woman he nodded slowly.

“Soon Miss Mok.” Looking back he saw all his people present and cleared his throat. “Sorry for the rude awakening friends, but I have exciting news! Last night Balder and Shel brought me a contract most lucrative! We have been tasked by the royal house of Novigard to recover the Tears of the Ice Queen.” He let the people mumble and voice their incredulity. Many of them have heard about the ancient treasures, jewels from the first Queen of Novigard’s crown once handed down from monarch to monarch, but have been lost since the first war of the Dominion versus Avelar. They are rumored to be magical in nature, but even if they aren’t they would be worth a nation's weight in coin. Holding his hands up quiet them he continued.”I know, I know sounds crazy, but we deal in crazy a lot in this job. Now as far as I know the Tears have been lost for centuries and legitimate information on
    them is scarce outside of the legends we all know. But I have done some searching on my own in the past and I think we can find information on them in the Great Library on the border between the Dominion and Avelar. The Queen of Novigard is willing to pay us a huge some of coin to just look into it, but depending on what we find we might get even more coin if we find them. So win or lose we’ll get enough money to get fat and happy on!” He began pacing slowly along his balcony. “Now normally our contracts are optional, but this one is a bit of a haul and I don’t trust any of you to not burn my tavern down while the rest of the group are gone. Plus if we find useful evidence then we may require everyone’s skillset to accomplish this contract. So everyone will be coming along newcomers included if they pass the interview. Now we’ll be leaving before noon so everyone eat your fill and pack your bags we may be gone for awhile.” With that he turned back to the woman behind him and nodded motioning for her to follow him.

”Ms. Mok you can be first now please follow me into my office.” He nodded to her and walked into his office leaving the door open for her.

As the man walked into the open office, she was still slightly bewildered on how he knew of her formal name yet her expression does not betray this. It has been a season since she last was around and at that, she had not mentioned her name to any. This matters not, mahaps Hawk spoke to this man on her steed. She silently steps into his office standing before him. Her tone lacking emotion
    “You have knowledge over me good sir as you seem aware of the name few know. What may I answer you so you might know my value to your quest?” Her thought also on the child. Would the feline female now owning the young prince take him along this quest.

Dagur chuckled pouring two glasses of water. “Hawk isn’t the only well-connected man in Balefire Ms. Mok. In fact compared to me he’s a newcomer to the game, you’ll find I know many things a man normally wouldn’t. Like you killing some drunks after they mistreated one of my people. Now I thank you for avenging him, but we do not rampantly kill in this group. Makes too much trouble for us in the long-run.” He pushed one of the glasses across his desk and motioned for the woman to sit down.

As the glass is slid across the desk and she in motioned to sit, she takes a seat across from Dagur resting her hands together upon the top of the desk. Her tone goes from unemotional to polite. She softens her hard features offering
    “If the two males you speak of brought hardship to those you employ, my apologies sir.” She reaches for the water taking a small sip allowing the liquid sit within her mouth a moment. Being so attuned to formulating all matters of poisons, she could detect almost every known poison. As Dagur seems to know her, she ponders again if he were aware of who the child in the feline's possession was.

Dagur nodded slowly sipping his own glass noting the woman’s caution. “You needn't worry about poison Ms. Mok. Poison has never been my weapon of choice, as a young man I was a sword and staff fighter mostly. As for causing me and my people trouble that’s normal for us, but do you know the lives of those you kill? Those you work for? I knew those men, not good people when drunk, but sober they were each fathers to young children. And the sole source of income for their families. By killing three men on a whim, you’ve murdered fifteen out of ignorance. It’s that foolishness that is more alarming than guards coming around to see what happened.”

He leaned back in his char the springs squeaking slightly. “Now while I’ve never been an assassin. I’ve known the type and I see the distance they put up to deal with the unknown or in some cases they were trained for it practically born with it. I know not which applies to you, but I feel I can ask this. Can you be trusted?”

The two from the bar and the one outside the slaver bar were without order and in her mind, simply keeping order in the natural order. As this man knew the two from the bar, she does offer him some words… which is why some describe her as an acquired taste for how sometimes her words have a bitter taste to them. No remorse in her features, she almost too casually speaks
    “I do not doubt those men might have been good men before fermented grape brought out their true selves. Wolves are beautiful animals, yet when hunger comes, they kill without thought. No farmer ever ponders if the Wolf has pups in it's den when they slaughter the wolf. Those you knew, my lifetime I saw evil in them. I allowed their being reborn into nature, mayhaps they will be more pleasant people on their rebirth. Their children will have pain which will pass. Their passing was gentle compared to the horrors fermented grapes cause others to inflict.”

Her tone softens again “I can not tell you if I can be trusted, those are words of men. Men use them to gain trust, all the while determining where to thrust the dagger. I can only speak that I have honor and shall never offer betrayal of those I work for.” She looks to him, no sense of callousness in her expression.

Dagur listened an amused smile on his face. A killer’s reasoning for killing for no reason. Another thing he’s heard many times. “I’ve heard many farmers ponder that exact thing Ms. Mok. Killing a wolf on the hunt means more grow hungry and more come. Kill a wolf and no lesson is learned, wound one and the whole pack learns to avoid the farmlands. As for your philosophy about rebirthing them into something good you could just as easily make them return as something worse. It is the job of the Gods to decide the fate of the dead not ours. And you could very well turn some of those children into the next monster seeking vengeance. My point my dear is rampant killing brings more problems than solutions. If you had simply wounded the men then they could’ve learned the error of their ways and taught others to follow suit. Or they could’ve done worse, but we never know and shouldn’t pass judgement like we do.” He poured himself another glass and stood up from his seat pacing slowly as he thought over the rest of her words. “I know many assassins have a code of honor like that and a few of my people have a similar one. But can you control yourself? It seems killing is more a reflex for you than a thought out act. While not everyone is very good at it, something I teach into everyone in my employ is thinking before doing. From the barbarians to the knights, everything we do in this world has consequences. Short-term, long-term and everything in between. Personal moral codes are useful, but they can get in the way as well. Mistakes, clouded judgments, graves being dug on the road and vacancies needing to be filled at home.” He finished his next glass and placed it down on the desk by his chair before continuing to pace slowly in thought awaiting her answer.

As he paced, his words resonate in her mind. No one has ever spoken anything other than encouraging her to use her skills. His words do hold truth to them. She believes this man speaking to her could be friend to her. She simply looks to him, a rare softness to her usual protective tone, similar to when she privately speaks to Hawk.

“Your words are wise. I've not had one speak to me in this manner over my years. I can not undo any that I have done. Just as I have allowed others their rebirth, I feel I need a rebirth of my own actions. I will never lie, I would rather tear my own heart out and throw it in the most raging fire, I can say this, your words are wise, I can only try though I might struggle.” her focus on him, features still soft.

Dagur chuckled lightly nodding slowly. “Years of pain and experience my dear, more than most in my group have been alive to experience. If you can control your urge to...rebirth people who aren’t directly a threat to you or our group then I can welcome you to our ranks. We pay well and we watch each other’s backs, but we only kill if we must. Ash is one of my tougher rogues albeit more peaceful than most, but if the only options are life and death of my people then death will be picked for the one trying to kill them. Even Balder knows this, and as a Giant killing and violence are difficult to comprehend, even he has killed for me when the time came. What say you Ms. Mok?” He said offering her his hand.

She reaches out gently taking his hand, a soft “On all my life's honor I shall try my best to not needlessly to take life, I have so much to unlearn. I pray someday I can make you happy you allowed me entrance.” an earnestness in her tone and a hint of sorrow as she mentally rewinds with all the lives she has taken.

Dagur shook her hand nodding. “Good, also, no more bringing playthings to Mynx. Slavery is legal in most of Eisignol, but I really hate cleaning the blood of young Prince’s off the floorboards.”

Her expression was not too shocked, after all, if he knew of her formal name, she already surmised that Dagur may have known who the young man whom now belongs to the female feline. She simply asks “Her name in Mynx? Rough I may have been on the young Prince without thought. You may already know then that the Prince manservant is in good care. Will you be seeing to the youth’s return?”

Dagur nodded. “Yes Mynx because her full name is so bloomin’ long it’s easier. Mynxella Jabberwalken Oce trying saying that in one breath in the field. As for the boy I don’t have the proper authority to annul a slave deal, but I can likely buy him back from Mynx if needed and free him myself or even order her to do it. But like myself and at least one more in this company once upon a time, he’s a young lord who will likely be expected to become his father and lead a small nation, but lacks any skills or experience to do so. He’ll learn them better with us than on his own. I will send word to his father that he will be an apprentice in my company that’ll keep anyone from starting a war to come find him. And as long as Ms. Oce keeps him from bleeding out or being, it’ll stay that way. Ocecats make distinct scars and once he returns to his father they will be seen. And I know the nation he comes from they will be setting sail to find who did it and bring them to justice at once.” He chuckled sardonically. “And when you come hunting for one of the Wilderbeasts you will wind up fighting them all. Best avoid that. I welcome you to the Rogue’s Gallery Ms. Su Lin Mok. I assume you already have a room here, seek out my Quartermaster Balder he will set you up with some supplies and be ready to ride out in a few hours.” He moved to open the door then stopped. “Unless you have something more to say?” He asked simply.

She stands lowering her head respectfully simply speaking “I have nothing else sir, I shall be at the ready.” before stepping out to seek the Quartermaster and to let the woman who secured her room know that she would be staying.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Nisa would not to each and every one of the folks who showed up. As a senior member she would make sure that everyone was welcome in one way or another.

As Dagur began to speak she slowly became less and less enthused by the mission they would be sent on. Now work was work and she did many things that were not her specialty when push came to shove. These things were just not up on her favorite things to do. The tears of the Ice Queen were simply a myth. While she always liked to imagine the Ice Queen as a snow elf like herself nothing was ever concrete about it. Simple something to help children sleep at night. Everything had some truth to it but really she found it unlikely these things were going to be as valuable as mentioned.

The great library was also a place she did not really feel like searching through. Books were fine but she was a lady of action. If it mattered though…she would read the words and try to find a needle in a hay stack.

The fact that they were all going was what really caught her eye. To send an entire group on such an undertaking was…unusual. Did he really believe they would find something of value where others had not? She shrugged with an impassive face as she went upstairs. She got on her hide and leather gear, made sure the pelt and bones were in place and then made sure all her weapons and little nick nicks were packed. I took her about a half an hour to get all of her things in order. She rarely unpacked so it was already set up.

As she made her way down she noticed she was relatively quick unless she just did not notice someone. She took her spot in the middle of the room. She sat tall and proud, she put coin down on the table and ordered a meal. She thought about it and said, “Never mind make it a few meals and lay them about the place. Let those who come eat their fill. I do not mind spending a bit on the satisfaction of my teammates.” She dropped quite a few coins down on the table.

Hopefully this would make for a lovely send off. After all who knows who will actually be returning. She sat she drank her water and started to delicately eat her meal. She faced her helmet towards the door. Today the Valkyrie of Death will take on more of the Merry Grasshopper and leave her new faces and senior members with a feast.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

One Month Earlier.

Luck and fortune makes no distinction between poor or rich, worker or king; and it is the undoing of many.

Somewhere in the heart of the city, surrounded by the din and danger that is typical within every notorious alehouse, a dark pair of Orcish eyes shifted, warily.

“I raise three gold coins,” spoke the voice that accompanied those particular set of eyes, as her hands played the well-known card game of Sabre, Chalice, Cudgel, and Coin.

“And I... uh, discard one iron cudgel. Whatever that is.”

In fact, so distinct was this person’s voice that, if a blind man heard it, he would easily be able to distinguish that it belonged to a member of the Orcish race—a people who were well known to, typically, give off a raspy sort of inflection.

“Your go.”

So spoke Shel gra-Makar, the exiled Orc, throatily.

While her sound was still distinctly feminine, there was something about it that separated her from the clarion soprano tones of the she-elves, and the sonorous alto tones of the she-humans. (In fact, it was widely believed that the tusked jaw is what gave the Orcish such a shocking timbre—the racial trait that Shel herself has never been fond of. And at that very moment, she was hiding her own tusks behind a fan of the four remaining cards she held within her hands...)

Two blood-filled chalices.
    Two golden sabres.

“I match your bet...” countered the middle-aged human male who, sitting directly across from her with four cards of his own, blew a puff of smoke from his hashish pipe before passing it off to the stunning elven woman who stood loyally behind him. How this weaselly-looking human had wooed such a stately daughter of the elven, Shel did not know. Not only was this human much older looking than the she-elf, but pathetically small of stature (at least from the biased perspective of an Orc).

“So this round is now finished,” he said.

At these words, Shel was jolted from her inner musings, even as she was offered a drag of hashish from the Little Man’s lady friend. In an almost comedic form of stoicism, the orc refused.

“I don’t smoke,” Shel explained in an even tone, beginning to display her (what she believed to be winning) cards, which in turn clearly gave the human and elf an open display of her inglorious tusks.

“Because why in the fucking fuck (in the name of all that is holy) would I ruin my teeth more than nature already has?”

At this time, something seemed to distract the man, because instead of playing his set of cards, he started to whisper something into the ear of the elven woman as he unabashedly groped her backside. The woman blushed at his words with a small smile, and the impatient strum of Orcish fingers began to rap upon the oaken table before them.

Shel rolled her eyes.

“I’m waaaaaiting,” she then griped, growing increasingly impatient at the sudden pause in the game. She had a deep, guttural feeling that she was so close to winning, so close to living comfortably for the next year, and so close to...

Well, something.

Shel looked at her opponent in anticipation, as he laid down his hand:

Two wine-filled chalices.
    Two golden sabres.

F&@#**% %*#&~ !

Shel’s eyes lit up in pure glee, all in contrast to the aggravated eyes of the human.

What?! Wuuuuuut? I won!

Goooooold!

“One more round,” her human opponent suggested in between another inhale and exhale of hashish, some seconds later.

“Hmmm, I think not,” Shel shot back as she stood to her feet, all the while attempting to keep from smiling as she reached for the small fortune that was now hers for the taking.

I need this more desperately than you, so if you will kindly excuse me, I’ll leave you alone with your opportunistic squeeze.

But the man’s own hand blocked Shel from collecting any of the coin.

”We will play another round...” he slowly repeated in response to Shel’s refusal, this time communicating in a much more dangerous tone. “It’s for your own good.”

The orc took a brief moment to study the human, curiously, before directing her attention to the elven woman beside him. She shuddered inwardly with a blegggghfhehdhhhhhh, unable to keep her mind from wandering a bit into forbidden territory: she was picturing that elven woman being touched and licked and grabbed by that smarmy little man and it, quite frankly, made Shel’s skin crawl.

“Are all humans as pathetic as you, or is it just the little ones? I feel sorry for the elf.”

A cold, blue-eyed glare from the elven woman was all that Shel received in response to her small bit of empathy. The woman beside her was unamused and, quite frankly, somewhat disgusted by what seemed to be disingenuous pity from the Orc.

“Sympathy? Who needs sympathy? You really must be the only person in this room who does not know who this man is. So you would do well to check your mouth.”

Shel shook her head in confusion.

No, she did not know who he was.

“Why keep insults at bay when you can keep them at arm’s length, to utilise when necessary? I’ve insulted men more dangerous—ones with Berserker blood running through their veins.”

Shel sighed.

“I... think I’ll be all right.”

(To be continued. Part 1/2.)
    Last edited by Leanna; 12-19-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Cuz i mizzspulled

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Kris and P.K. Co-op

Vel had settled herself in her usual way, away from everyone else, covered up from the wandering eyes of others. Perhaps others beyond the guild master knew of what she was and perhaps they did not. But she's rather not see the looks that would inevitably cross their faces should they see. Though she supposed someday it might be inevitable. As the guild master cleared his throat and began to give them his good news Vel listened with some interest. Tears of the Ice Queen? jewels from the first Queen of Novigard’s crown? Yes like all of them here she had heard those stories, those rumors... she had even read up on it some herself. but she'd never through much beyond it then that, legends, fairy tails, myths and rumors. But here was their guild master, clearly excited about the prospects of the mission.

As he continued on Vel raised her head some more to look up at him with more interest as he mentioned the library. Not just any library though. Vel would have felt a flutter in her chest at the thought of getting her cold body through those doors into the library that made her home's collection of endless shelves look like a collection of meaningless papers, unfortunately her heart no longer really beat so nothing of the sort happened.... She'd love nothing better than to enter that library... but... she wouldn't be going. Obviously this would be a mission for a group of people with a layering of talents It was probably best if she left it to the vets, the fool hardy and those who could mingle easily.

However the next moment Vel made an involuntary spluttering sound caught completely off guard when the guild master pronounced that, no not just a small party of members but the ENTIRE guild was reacquired to go. At that moment being dead didn't seem to matter as she had the equivalent of a mini panic attack. She couldn't go in a group setting! not yet she wasn't ready for that!

"Hmm... Novigard jewels huh?", a voice followed behind. Vel turned around and noticed Sheva, "One might wondered how such a fortified nation has her things stolen, wouldn't you agree?".

This woman was pretty, and seemed almost as pale as Vel herself, but it was obvious that she was alive, unlike Vel. Her hair was still wet, probably from soaking herself in a tube; it would seem reasonable for a woman to preserve her hygiene in such remote area with this kind of crowd around.

"I am not sure if I am found of the idea of traveling with so many people... some of them reek of trouble...", she smiled as she caught a glipse of Adam, and also noticed briefly the others, "A merry bunch... and this man", she looked at Tris, "Probably a noble as well... more of a reason to stay away from this... alas... I need this job...".

Vel reached up nervously and pulled her hood lower over her face. A nervous demeanor over taking the cloaked and hooded figure at the sudden appearance of a new face behind her. She wasn't sure she'd seen this women before, or perhaps she had? She peered out from under the hood studying the women. Adam had been carrying a women last night? but so much had happened quickly she hadn't gotten a good look at her. She shifted uncomfortable when the women mentioned that some of them reeked of trouble. The words striking a nervous cord in the undead women.

Unable to verbally say anything in return Vel quietly held up one hand to the women before she reached slowly into her pouch and pulled free her blank book and her quill. It was an inconvenient set up But it was really the only way She could fully communicate. This women looked pretty and well kept so she had to be of some kind of statues... or at least learned. Vell pulled pulled her book open to a blank page and pulled free her ink well before she wrote.

They are not all bad.

Vel's hands didn't shake despite her hesitant nervousness to interact with someone else. Her writing was elegant and clear. Clearly she'd been taught well despite her somewhat lowly look.

But I share the feeling, I'm not sure I'm prepared to travel in a group setting...

Her hand paused wondering if she'd written to much of her own thought into the page. She quietly held the book out for the women to read.

Sheva glared at the woman, humming softly as she tried to deduce the nature of said lady. She was different... aside of the obvious non talking gesture she showed her while pulling off the book. Mute maybe? was she born like this, or was it caused by an accident?

Sheva heard about cases regarding slave meeting with horrible punishment of getting their vocal cords cut, or even their tongue. Whatever it is, life sure didn't treat this lass nicely. Sheva felt some kind of a bound already. This lady could have easily ignored her and instead decided to share her thoughts, it will be rude to not ease her confidence.

"Beautiful writing you have", Sheva smiled. She was in no position to glare, ask question, wonder about the situation, after all she only got here, and only just met the lady, "You have been taught well, it's been a while since I met anyone educated in writing. And as you said, I really don't wish to work with people I never met, regardless of their nature... That way you are less exposed to surprises, and less likely to be betrayed... it is seems we will need to meet the host personally before setting off... how troublesome, I wish they had just let us do the work with specific details that can easily be handed in an envelope", Sheva smiled, "So much simpler, wouldn't you agree?"

Vel would have flushed if she was capable of doing so as the women complemented her hand writing. Still she could feel herself giving a small shy smile under her scarf. As the women went on Vel thought. Their reasons for not wanting to work in a group setting were similar but she sensed that they were slightly different as well but she nodded in agreement.

Perhaps.

She wrote before adding.

But the guild master likes to interact with his potential employees. He even seems to enjoy it. I think he likes to personally study and know the personalities of the people looking to join to see if they are a good fit for his guild.

She paused before adding a little more.

He's a strange man, but a good man.

She had a great respect for the man, after all he'd allowed her to join. Giving her a relatively safe place with shelter, food and work. She held up the book for the women to read.

Sheva glared at the woman, "You cannot know a man, until you know him personally, and even then he would be likely to stab you. Don't be so easy to trust others... I will form my opinions of him, the more I will learn of him and his behavior in the field. Remember, this is still a guy who pays us to do his dirty work for him...", Sheva crossed her hands, "I'm sorry. I should not enforce my opinion onto yours... all I'm saying is... just be careful..."

Before long Sheva took out a small bag and handed it over to Vel as she reached her hands and waited for the lass to grab it, "A young lady as you should carry herself with more decency. I believe you had a long walk here, and I should really mind my manners, but it is best if I land a hand, as we still going to be comrades". Sheva knew she may insult the girl, but there was just something not attractive about her smell. It was not strong, and would probably washed away with good bath, but still, she believed woman's greatest power was in her ability to present herself well, "I believe it will be best to put it before meeting with the guild master, I hope I am not rude, as I truly say it out of concern".

She opened the bag letting her see few lotions and a small bottle of perfume. It smelled vanilla like, and something about the scent was appetizing, making the body somewhat hungry, "It's my typical smell, but please don't be shy of using it".

Vel shrank a little under the women's glare. Such venom. She could only guess at the personal experiences she must have had that made her think so. Of course Vel had little room to judge having something personal of her own along the same lines. Vel quietly shook her head waving her hands to try and let the women know it was okay. She quietly write.

I will.

To assure the women she'd be careful. After all... she didn't really interact with many personally. Vel tipped her head to the side however as the women pulled out a small bag and held it out to her and spoke up Vel frowned faintly under her scarf while peering into the bag. her eyes widened a bit through at the selection inside of the bag. These were no cheap perfumes and lotions. She might have expected as much. She could smell the cleanliness of the women even if her senses were not as keen as that of the beast races.

Vel slowly reached into the bag and pulled free the perfume. She couldn't help thinking over the one time in her life she had used to wear something like it. The women must have caught her sickly sweet smell. Most humans with a low sense of smell only caught that much. For those with keener senses if was indeed the smell of death. Though Vel did wash and she wasn't rotting, her brothers failed spell had made plenty sure of that, The smell never seemed to go away. She couldn't really take offence to that...

Vel gave a little spits and inhaled the wonderful smell. She gave a small contended sigh before she glanced at the women nodding her thanks as she gave a light spray across herself. Hopefully that would cover up her usual smell, even for a little. Once done she gently placed the bottle back into the bag and offered it back to the women. It had been ages, since she'd interacted with anyone like this, when she took a job her interactions were brief and not quite... like this. It felt good almost good enough to relax a bit. But she had to remind herself of the possibility that if the women knew what she was this whole scenario could play out differently.

Taking her quill she carefully wrote.

Thank you. It's been many years since I've had the chance to wear such an elegant smell.

Some had already left to their rooms to pack at this point, some still shuffling off or lagging behind. This women was still new and needed to see the Guild master. She had mentioned something about needing this job.

You should go see the Guild master, I'd wish you luck but I have a feeling you won't need it and we'll be travailing together soon.

Sheva nodded, "One would not shy of more luck", she winked as she departed, "Be careful as well".

And with that the two parted, as Sheva headed for the direction of the guild's owner's room.

Vel needed to return to her room and pack what little she carried. It wasn't difficult to do. Entering her room she pulled out a small pack which already held a bedroll, Chalk, an extra Inkwell and quill and a blank book. She quickly added extra clothes, the book sitting at her bedside and a few other odds and ends before closing the pack. She left it on her bed as she picked up her ax made sure its sheath was in good repair before strapping it over her back. Preparing like she would going on a simple mission for herself.

She picked up her bag and put it over her shoulder before pausing at the door. Dropping her bag once more she walked across the room to the desk where she had left the written letter of apology to the guild master for the disturbance last night. It was dry now. She carefully folded it and tucked it into her book before returning to the door. She supposed it didn't matter now if she had the courage to interact with the others. It was invertible now and the thought would have made her sick with worry at the possibilities. But they were her companions now. more closely. She took a deep breath before she opened the door and walked out.

She'd try not to think to much about it. After all they had a Vampire walking among them and none of the guild members freaked out over him. Still that didn't make her comfortable enough to walk around with out her hood, scarf and gloves.

Making her way down the stairs she heard something from the snow elf about letting those who come to eat their fill. Vel watched as her order was made and meals placed around on the various tables. Vel hadn't planned on eating again, after all she didn't eat much being dead and all. But a pint of ale sounded good, or perhaps something stronger. Maybe she could convince herself that it could calm her nerves down. She took a mug from a passing barmaid and was happy to see it was strong stuff, not to say that it was the best stuff, but it was the strong stuff.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post (Poppa Squirrel and Mama Moon)

As Su Lin approached the table, Jamon folded his arms across his chest, almost pouty like, and looked to the side as she approached and spoke to Mynx. Keeping the look on his face, he watched Su Lin as she left the Gallery before finally turning toward Mynx, more in a whiny tone, arms still folded across his chest

“Mynx, I don’t think I like her any more, I don’t think she is a nice girl at all..” through pouty lips, looking toward Mynx now, still desiring another chance to be with the first woman he had ever slept with “..She is not at all like you Mynx.”

The ocecat gave her new toy a stern look and showed her canine teeth. “You not child. No poutin’.” She reached over to him and squeezed his chin without applying too much pressure. “Su Lin and me very much alike. Both predators---you like prey.” She glared at him then turned to watch as many of the other members went to gather their things for the new mission, merely sitting at her table as she observed them. She traveled light and already had her armor, weapons, and meager belongings with her. She looked to Jamon and grunted.

“You need pack? Goin’ on long journey. I wait.”

Jamon enjoyed the feel of Mynx’s hand on his chin. As she spoke he had a look of disbelief on his face. The night they shared together, no, he would not believe that the woman his heart raced for was anything like the other pretty yet awful woman.

As Mynx told him to pack, another look of bewilderment washed over his face. His loyal manservant had always prepared his needs for travel. And this long journey, he did not even have his father's support workers to carry the tent, to clear out the ground, to lay out the mats so he need not lay on the cold ground. Finally he, still in a whiny tone

“Mynx, what do I bring, who are we going to have carry the tent, I thought you were going to pack for me.”

The grip on Jamon’s chin tightened as she leaned forward in her seat, moving her face closer to his. “You will learn hard way. Pack what need to survive...clothes...food...water...blanket. No tent. Sleep under stars with me. You forget...you do without.” She growled then pushed his face away, releasing his chin once she sat back down. “Stupid boy. Road make man of you.”

Jamon blinked as Mynx had the face to face discussion with him. Thoughts of sleeping without a servant to ensure his comfort frightened him. Thoughts of ‘I am a man, we were together, so I am now a man’ slowly replaced with ‘how am I going to do without’. He had no concept of what he needed to bring, he had only the minimum. Finally he squeakishly muttered, “Mynx, can you help me pack?”

The ocecat laughed, her hand hitting the table, then her face turned sour again as she growled in his direction. “No!.” she said, “...slave pack for self. Now go or do without.” She raised her arm to get the attention of the server, the food purchased by Nisa not to her liking. “Raw eggs...in shell...and raw pork with bone. Boy can have cooked eggs and toast,” she stated. “Water to drink.” She placed two coins on the table which are scooped up as her meals are prepared.

Jamon sat for a moment before standing, thinking ‘What if she says something like this when I bring her to see Father and Mother, Father will not be pleased,’ while making his way up toward their room, slowly like a child that was just scolded by a parent. The next couple moments, he tried to remember just what his man servant typically packed for him. Placing what he had in a small pack and leaving it in the room, he started back to the table.

As he sat back down, he hoped that Mynx has not ordered another milk with that horrid liquid that gagged him so before. The thought of that brought a shiver to him while looking to Mynx again, “I think I have my possessions ready for travel. Will my carriage be drawn by man or horse Mynx?”

Mynx stared at Jamon with confusion, which quickly turned to anger as what he was asking dawned on her. Grabbing the boy roughly by his arm, she shook him, then slammed him back in his chair. “I feed you to wolves. Too stupid to train,” she said, while glaring at him. She continued the look, only allowing her anger to settle once her food was set before her. Jamon’s plate was set before him as well. “You eat. If talk, I kill,” the cat warned as she set to her breakfast with relish.

As Jamon’s food was set before him, as with the warning Su Lin gave him the other night, he sat silently starting to pick at his food. Thoughts of why these pretty girls are so horrible to him, they are nothing like the girls his Father brought for him to speak to. He looked to his food, now worried if he looked toward her, she might take his life just like that awful girl he thought was nice had offered. Thoughts drift on how he could bring such a woman to see his Father, Father will certainly disapprove.

Mynx grabbed up an egg, piercing the shell with her nail, then drank the contents. When she picked up the other, she glanced at Jamon to make sure he was eating. It wouldn’t do for him to be too weak to walk the many miles they would be covering today. “Good,” she said, then went back to her meal, tearing into the pork and ripping off a large hunk. As she chewed, she leaned back to look at her pet as he sulked. He was a pretty boy for a human...and a good thing for that...or else she would have disposed of him already. After the meat was gone, Mynx sucked out the marrow from the bone, then tossed it to the table. She wiped the grease from her face with her hand, licking it clean afterwards, a sated smile on her face.

Having finished his meal, he was looking around for the dipping bowl to cleanse his fingers before looking to Mynx grooming herself. ‘How barbaric’ drifted through his mind yet there did not seem to be any proper accommodations. Having watched Mynx, he placed his fingers one by one in his mouth licking the remaining food from his fingers. There was an obvious disgusted look on his face with each finger he cleaned. Finishing one hand, feeling a gag coming, he remembered that she would not ‘approve’ of his gagging, and hesitated before his other hand.

With amusement, Mynx watched Jamon ‘grooming’ himself. She scooted her chair closer before he could start on his second hand and grabbed it, bringing it toward her mouth with a growl. Giving him a warning look dare he try to pull away, she started grooming him by first licking his entire hand clean with her rough tongue, then proceeding to put each finger into her mouth, chewing lightly, then sucking, a throaty purr coming from her throat. She put his damp hand onto her fur, rubbing it against her until it was dry. Taking his hand and placing it back into his lap she offered him a toothy grin. “Clean now,” she stated with a smirk.

As Mynx groomed him, a disgusted look came to his face as she started, his fingers in another's mouth, how literally barbaric drifted through his mind. As her rough tongue and soft biting continued, he strangely took pleasure in the sensation. As Mynx dried his hands, the disgusted look which had once shown had morphed more to one of appreciation. He dared not criticise her, having come to the realization that his speaking of his expectations, of what his man servant, of what his Father would provide for him, speaking such things have caused the woman anger.

Looking to his hand, then to Mynx, he offered a genuine “Thank you Mynx. Learn--I think I need to do. I will try not to disappoint,” finally somewhat coming to terms that he was not without his comforts, without those to wait on his needs, his wants. He had wanted to see the world, to know it’s ways. Without his man servant, this was presented to him, and slightly frightening.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 12-18-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Double tri-op magic!

Spoiler: Balder, Su Lin, Yn, and Jezi 

Spoiler: Dagur, Mynx and Jamon 
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 12-18-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-post (Poppa Squirrel and Mama Moon)

Mynx led Jamon inside the dusty stable, pausing at the entrance to draw in a deep breath. The tantalizing aromas of hay, leather, urine, manure, and meat assaulted her flaring nostrils and a purr escaped her. If not for her full stomach, the desire to stalk the trapped creatures would have been difficult to resist, but with breakfast still digesting in her body, she was able to concentrate on the task at hand. “This way,” she directed, taking the once-toy deeper into the confining building.

With an appraising eye, Mynx looked over the beasts of burden, trying to choose the best animal. She ran her hands over their sloping withers and muscled legs, her feline presence causing the horses to pull back from her touch, their hooves stomping on the ground. Ignoring their reactions, she finally pulled one out, leading the buck-skinned steed from its stall and attaching a rope to its halter. “Good horse. Strong. Fast. He serve you well.”

Jamon was still coming to terms with his status in life, deathly frightening while at the same time, strangely looking forward to what lay before him. If nothing else, Mother did ensure he was able to ride, he had watched stable hands preparing his mounts over time, recalling times he had asked to know how to ready his mount, he approached the horse, resting his hand to the horse, more off memory started speaking to the horse.

“There boy, easy boy..” allowing the horse to back away the first time, stepping pace with the horse, watching in case it looked like it might go up on hind legs having seen stable boys hurt when wild horse would trample them. Eyes locked in on his mount, he again held his hand out to make trust contact with the animal.

“Easy boy, you are such a good boy…” the horse allowing the contact as Jamon almost without thought

“Mynx, you are right, this is a fine mount.”

The ocecat nodded, surprised the boy knew something about the four-hooved creatures. “Now your pack,” she said as she grabbed the bundle she had taken from the wagon earlier. She opened it with a quick flick of her nail cutting through the binding, then unrolled the contents. Dropping to the dusty floor, she sat on the mammoth hide and lifted a corner to her nose and inhaled. “This blanket--for sharing warmth at night--after camp set up--and work done. No guttin’ allowed. Smell like spoiled food.” Next she picked up the Woodman’s tool and turned it around in her hands. “This for man without claws--cut--dig--chop.” She tossed it aside and picked up the fishing line and ran her hand around it first, “For fish...I use hands...and claws to catch fish. Better used as toy to play with cat,” she said, giving the young man a strange look. Lastly she picked up the fire making tools. “This you know?” she asked. “Fire making--I like fire. You make fire for me.” Thinking she was done, Mynx patted the ground next to her, then noticed the most important items, at least according to Balder. “Oh..and this...map and direction finder...so you not get lost. I not get lost--stay with cat.”

As Jamon took in all his woman, no, as the elder had spoken, his mentor, spoke, Su lin entered the stable having already groomed her mount, now returning with her gear ready for the final load of her dear steed. Short sword strapped across her back, equipment roll in one hand, arrow quiver with the equipment, her bow in the other, she set the gear along the bay her mount stayed in. She casted her eyes toward the other huntress with her trinket.

She silently walked toward the two, she need not speak in formalities like with the pampered Royals for whom she tempered her tongue. As she was within a few feet, she in a level tone spoke to Mynx, ignoring Jamon as though he was but a piece of equipment she was packing, her hands to her front crossed, one hand atop the other before reaching one hand to her chest, a slight nod of her head keeping eye contact the entire time.

“Good morn, can we have a talk about your trinket, I have learned something you should know as it’s rightful owner.”

It was with a grumble that Mynx rose, motioning to Jamon to stay, then turning to the assassin. “He now member of Guild, no owning, alpha speak true,” she stated plainly. She might not agree with Dagur’s decision, but she would not oppose it. An ocecat always followed the word of the leader, it was ingrained in them within the colony from birth.

As Mynx mentioned that the dominate, Su Lin’s term for Alpha, had brought the trinket into the Guild, he more than likely spoke of the boys true self to Mynx. She offered a simple nod before “Might I have a private word with you away from your trinket … the new Guild member?”

Mynx nodded, leaving Jamon with his new supplies and horse and led the way to an area just outside of the stable. “Have words here,” she said, cocking her head in question.

Following Mynx, hands now behind her back, a slightly relaxed tone,

“Allow me a proper introduction which you may have already heard. I am known as Su Lin Mok. I trust the dominate spoke of the true nature of your trinket. No matter his status, I provided it to you as a possession, I am honor bound to view the child prince as nothing more than your possession. I am not sure if your trinket spun campfire tales about me, if so, what I had done when the pup came sniffing at my heels was not for him.

I had taken sight of several slavers coaxing a pretty child into their possession. Knew they did not have intent for it as a worker, more a galley hand, one to scrub the decks during sunlight. Nothing but a warm body for crew to have pleasure with at night. The child would grow a lifetime in a week or cast himself into the sea where nature… or as the dominate spoke of … gods … would determine his rebirth as something smarter. The mistake, a slaver desired me as well. My honor was harmed, I allowed the male to find rebirth with more respect in it’s next life. The other did not fare so well. One from my former employer took custody of the second. I am certain within the hour the other was speaking words not even asked of him as my former employer is not a gentle man.

The pup that came sniffing at my heels was obviously mistaken that I saved him, not took offense at a slaver offering threat to me.” She stands allowing Mynx to take her words in.

Mynx knew the woman before her dealt in ‘rebirths’ as she called them, but was surprised she talked so openly about them as if they were her given right. Whether Su Lin admitted it or not, she had saved the boy from the slavers...only to place him into slavery herself. Mynx thought hard how to proceed, her words at times not easy to speak in the human tongue. “To protect honor is nobel...boy need learn to protect also,” she commented. “He come into your hands by chance. Then to mine. Now to Guild. Also chance.”

Su Lin offered simply “By chance or by fate of nature. I do wish to offer a proposal. The dominant one has opened my eyes to how casually I take life. This group I give myself to, I know that it is not their… not your way. This is something I may struggle with. We are both huntress’, I need learn control over how to use my abilities should I blend into this group. My proposal, training the child will be long, my blending in with this group will be too. Aide me in blending, showing me how you control your abilities so I might do the same. In exchange, I will aide in teaching the child, your trinket. You teach the finer arts of strength, hand battle, stealth and I will show him the art of blade and bow. As I have been employed by palaces, when the child is ready, I can let him know palace protocol, one I know well as it has been needed to gain access to some I rebirthed.” standing waiting to see if this was acceptable to the other huntress.

Mynx gave her nod quickly, as the burden of training the foolish prince was not something she looked forward to. Even if he was bright, which she doubted, he was too pampered and her patience too low. “I take offer. I teach control...you teach skill to bo...Jamon.” She extended her hand to shake, a human gesture she has adopted from her time with the Guild.

Su Lin nodded, extending her hand offering the human shake. She then took Mynx’s hand resting her claw on her palm so to allow Mynx a blood pact if she understood Mynx customs correctly.

The ocecat looked at Su, connecting to her with a direct gaze. Seeing only honestly in the other’s expression, she then drew a thin line in Su Lin’s palm with her claw, followed by her own for an exchange of blood. She then put their palms together and squeezed. The deal was struck and promised.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Introductory Post : Part 2 of 2 (WIP.)

I... think I’ll be all right.

“Indeed,” the human replied most agreeably to this statement, just before inhaling another pull of hashish. “You come from a fine, sturdy breed; a proud race to be sure. I have no reason to believe anything less of you, especially after my own personal dealings with your kind.”

Dealings?

What... dealings?

If anyone in that room knew how insular the Orcish could be, it was Shel. Yet maybe, this Little Man had breached the normal social contract... and held some sort of sway with her people?

“Some may find your customs distasteful, but I must admit, I find them... quite fascinating. It is raw and it is real, the way an Orc navigates through life. Be it your ways of coping or your ways of coupling, I am a man who appreciates such things.”

Shel raised her brow, thinking it odd that a human was so complimentary to her; especially when she had just nabbed his coin and jabbed at his height. She had wanted to relish the feeling of embarrassing him, but... he only seemed to enjoy her company all the more for it.

This means it is time to go, her gut warned her.

And she would have left, right then, had she not been distracted by a statement from his woman:

“Well,” said the she-elf, still sour at Shel’s insult towards her lover, deciding to heave audacity of her own right back at the she-orc. “I find their manners barbaric.”

The lady-elf coquettishly planted herself in her lover’s lap...

“Perhaps that is just the way she is...”

...before lightly kissing his cheek.

“Or she is bitter because none of her males wanted her.”

Shel shot the adjacent woman a filthy look, suddenly despising each word that dropped from her crimson-painted lips, each utterance feeling like a massive blow to the gut. Shel discarded all shreds of sympathy that she had yet been harbouring for the elf.

If you were intelligent, you would keep your stupid mouth shut. Fuck.

And you would have curled up in a ball of fear if you were alone in a room with him.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I liked you better when you were quiet.

Such was the whirlwind of thought that blew through the mind of the now-infuriated Shel, who took care to choose her words carefully:

“No.”

Shel wrapped her shawl around her shoulders.

“I just have better things to do than to walk around like some pet, and I’ve more talent than lying on my back waiting to be fucked.“

With this comment, the tension between she-elf and she-orc became increasingly palpable, and Shel stood to collect her winnings. It was then that an awkward, oncoming silence ensued; a silence that was only broken by the sound of laughter, one from the human male.

“Miss Shel... is it? You are not afraid to speak your mind. That is admirable. But I think you should be more careful, my lady. You may find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, speaking to the wrong sort of man.”

“I seem to have a talent for that,” the Orc woman said in a dangerously calm tone.

“Indeed.”

There was another puff of smoke.

And it was all starting to irritate her; the smoking, and the laughing, and whatever mind games these were suddenly playing with her right now. Shel extended her hand to collect her winnings, once again, with a mind to leave and never come back.

“You may not know who I am,” the human continued, stopping her from taking the gold. “But I know who you are, and you were never going to win this round, Shel. Because I always win... somehow.”
    Last edited by Leanna; 01-08-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Will post the rest soon

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yn and Jezi made their way towards the stable master, Yn lofting the two bundles of supplies. The girl needed a mount, and knew of one that she wanted to loan out. Yn himself wanted to see just what kind of mounts he had available. Faur would more than be able to carry both him, Jezi, and the supplies. Regardless the woman had spoken up so he would go with her whims. The stable master met Jezibel with a smile and wave, offering them a warm greetings and a batch of new horses that had been brought in.

“No thanks sir, I will taking out the prior horse I had last time. He and I got along well.” Jezi spoke with a wave of her hand. The man nodded and led them over to the horse, a mustang stallion. He had strong muscles and the pose of a horse long accustomed to the road. Yn moved closer and studied the horse. He could hear his thoughts about being by a wonderful woman, and the delight of such a beauty to prove his strength. A sigh escaped him.

“Sorry, he's not going to work.” Yn spoke, setting the bags down. Both human and horse looked to him in shock, offended at his words.

“He's just doing it to make him look good. You need a better ride than that.” Yn spoke as he headed out of the stall. Jezi looked between the horse and Yn, before following her master out of the stall, confused and annoyed at him.

“What does it matter what a horse thinks? It needs to be a strong fast mount, and that's it.” She complained as the two of them walked between the stalls. He turned on her, hurt and annoyance in his eyes. The man was raised around human and animal. There was always more. She remained silent as she followed him through the stalls, they only stopped before a young female horse. One could tell it was a fresh capture, between her muzzle, and the still lingering scent of the winter wilds.

“Are you sure sire? This horse is still yet to be broken? Riding her might be risky.” The man tried to disease him, but Yn didn't scare easily. Moving closer he placed a hand around her mouth, pulling the muzzle free but keeping his hand here. It was gentle yet firm.

“Sir, I must ask that..”

“Ssh, I'm trying to talk here.” Yn brushes the man off, getting a grumbled sigh from Jezi. She didn't need him poking around her business when it came to what horse she rode, but she couldn't fight her master.

Yn had not taken his hand off the horse as he kept their eyes level. He talked with her through images and feelings, exuding a gentle calm strength, imposing upon the horse his image and strength. His left hand moved, resting on the side of her neck. Thumb resting on her neck in a gentle comfort. He finally let go of her muzzle, slipping his right hand around her ear. He continued to talk.

The horse responded, visage of the forest and mountains flashing by. The scent of the leaves and the feel of the wind through her mane. He could feel the horses heart pulse with joy as she ran, a longing to return to her meadows and mountains. The sweat pouring down her flanks and calves. Sun baking under her hide in the heat.

He offered the image of his companion, the idea of Jezi riding her back. There was no change. She wanted to run, and no human could stop her from running, despite the whips and beatings, regardless of what humans tried.

“I like her, she's a fighter.” Yn smiled, motioning Jezi closer. He moved her hands under his, placing them on her horse.

“Feel that? The horses heart beat. The calm of the creature. Not every beast needs a strong hand, more needs a calm voice and gentle offer. This one will do you well. She can keep up with Faur.” Yn spoke, motioning to the stable master that they would be taking the horse.

“What do you wish to name her? Seeing as you tamed her. You get to name her.” The man offered Yn, making the man smile.

“She's already got a name. It's Junberry.” Yn spoke, looking at the perplexed man. Jezi just waved him off as he let the young mare out of the stable. She was surprised at how quickly the man had tamed the horse. She knew the man was a Dusha Kin, but only now did she realize she knew little about the man himself. They were going to have a long talk. For now they would need to get ready to travel on their mission.
    Last edited by Koti~; 12-22-2018 at 12:11 AM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast