Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Last time kitty be nice to green man and furry elephant quad-op(Breggo/Dna/Siks/Moon)

Selene was unable to find the vampire doctor - then again, if she was honest with herself, she didn’t really try. The wounds were more superficial and made hideous by the dried blood overemphasizing the severity of the cuts. Her pride was hurt but she could deal with that, she was a hunter, she was patient. So, after a brief look around and determining that she wasn’t anywhere close to finding the undead healer, the lycan made her way towards the bath house hidden in the back corner of the inn’s inner courtyard. The house was old and a bit drafty, with the stone basins dug into the ground and the water more mountainous cold but that didn’t bother her. Whether because she spent her formative years living out in the snowlands with Jameyson or due to the nature of wolf-blooded beasts, she rarely felt cold, using blankets and thick sweaters for comfort than huge amounts of insulation.

Stripping down to her skin, she waited for her eyes to adjust to the darkness before plunging into the cold water. Immediately, her heart quickened and her skin pricked a bit until her body adjusted to its surroundings. Gasping as she surfaced, Selene sat still for a few minutes, letting the stress and pain leave her, relaxing. Her mind raced off, finally going through everything that happened over the past few days, from her old master’s death to becoming a prisoner but...somehow, the only one to really hate her was the cat. Shaking her head, the young woman started scrubbing at her wounds, hissing slightly when she touched her scarred flesh. Getting out and shaking off the water like a dog, the girl slipped into her pants, rolling up the legs to her knees, and her tunic, not bothering to tuck it in. Carrying the rest of her things, she started back to her master’s rooms, lifting her face up to the sunshine.

As Selene left the drafty bath house a cloth ball whizzed through the air and stuck her upside her head. A peel of harsh laughter followed the sound of impact. “Ha got her dead on!” Shouted a deep voiced young man. A lighter almost refined one followed. “Didn’t knock her out though old chum, you’re losing your touch!”

A group of four large young men emerged from a dirty alley way carrying clubs some even with nails driven into them. “Nah, planned it that way the last one went boned fish and we had to puppet her about while we had our fun, this way we can tie her up and get a fight.”

The lycan’s eyes narrowed from a confused doe-eyed look to a dangerous glare. The back of her head hurt, the result of their game making her initially stumble for a few steps before regaining her balance and finding herself pressed up against a wall, the four young men coming towards her. Their makeshift weapons looked too comfortable in their hands for Selene to ignore them. She felt the small hairs at the nape of her neck stand up as they would if she was a wolf. The bundle of clothes fell at her feet, her eyes watching the men, her elongated canines exposed. Whatever they were up to, she was not about to go down without a fight. The annoyance at the feline was enough to give Selene a bit of her fire and right now, her master wasn’t here to take these ruffians under his protection. Her arm was still weak but if she didn’t overuse it or block one of those sticks with it, she would be fine.

The boys chuckled moving closer readying their sticks. The leader snorted. “Well, well we got us a Cursed here boys. We can have our fun and turn her into the Guards for a bounty.”

Another one, this one dark-skinned and dressed like some kind of Urban Forest Ranger spoke next. “Or we could keep her and keep having fun, ain’t no risk of getting one of these fucks pregnant.”

The refined boy chortled and pulled his long hair back into a rough bun as if he was getting ready for the fight ahead. “Will need to muzzle her, but our girls can use her too. At least she’s got a bad wing shouldn’t be too hard.” With that the men began moving in on her.

Selene felt her body slowly tense up like a coiled spring, ready to pounce the second one of them made a move. She caught their words, the tone of their voices, the implications without so much as batting an eyelash - she was used to being seen as a monster. A monster someone always wanted to dominate over, to capture and to do their bidding, forcing her to act or look a certain way, to feel empty and void, to simply survive as a dog. A low growl escaped her and she rolled her shoulders, snarling at the men approaching, a clear warning that was promptly ignored.

She was not about to go without a fight - that was clear. Selene had already failed one master, she was not about to fail her new one, a man who looked upon her with much more kindness that Jameyson ever did. She was not about to be taken alive by these lunatics and although she wondered how exactly she was to get past them, it didn’t deter her determination to rip their throats out in self defense. An enemy was only truly eliminated when he was undeniably dead.

As the boys closed in on the girl a low rumbling voice sounded from the alleyway. “So many against one, you city-dwellers truly know no honor.” The boys gasped and scooted back as a truly massive figure emerged from the alley they themselves had come from. A Minotaur clad in the robes of a Sunfist Monk standing more than three feet taller than the tallest boy and more than twice the width of the leader of the thugs himself. Like leaves on the wind the boys tripped over themselves running form the huge creature.

He let out a low chuckle as he watched them scamper down the street even tripping over some vegetable baskets in their hasty retreat. Once they were out of sight he turned to the young girl and gave his best benign smile. Kneeling down he spoke softly to the girl, there was something feral, but also strangely tame about the girl. “Hello little one, my name is Sir Kol-Bar. I did my best to get here once I heard their shouts. Are you ok?”

Selene blinked in confusion at the stranger, not sure how to respond. He came in like a whirlwind and scared away the boys but could he be trusted? That she couldn’t figure out. This man - no, a Minotaur - was strange, something she rarely saw before. Usually, humans avoided these Wilderbeasts as much as the Cursed. He was huge, not as large as the Giant, but he towered over her with ease. Even now, kneeling, he was almost to her height, his eyes a dark brown with the same innocent look as most bovines. That misleading innocence probably got quite a few unsuspecting people killed whenever they stood in the knight’s way. Her nose tingled with the foreign scent surrounding the stranger and unable to stop herself, Selene sneezed, nearly falling back onto her butt in the process.

“Thank you,” she responded after a second, deciding that her master would have wanted her to at least be polite. Tilting her head, she observed the man before her for a few minutes longer before finally looking away and starting to pick up her dropped belongings. If she could judge the time she had spent both in the baths and then dealing with these goons, she was late. And late meant that she faced the Giant and his water execution if Tris threatened again.

Kol-Bar smiled at the girl, noting her soft words and movements. Definitely not your usual Lycan, at least none he had met. In his travels he’s come across young Lycans being turned into slaves and servants because they couldn’t stay in their birth clan. It seems this young woman was one of those unfortunate souls. His heart always went out to the downtrodden, many in his Order would call this a weakness for a Paladin who would be expected to smite the wicked no matter what form they take.

But this girl seemed more scared than dangerous. Reaching down he helped her pick up her things and placed them gently in her arms. “Here let me help you.” He rumbled gently handing the girl her things, waiting patiently for her to sort them before standing back up folding his arms into his wide sleeves smiling down at her. “If you don’t mind my asking child, what brings a Lycan to Alegast? I haven’t seen one of your kind near a city in many a long year.”

Selene walked forward silently, somewhat chewing her lower lip in thought. How did she answer this question that the minotaur asked? She was here simply because her new master and his friends remained in the town, searching for something it seemed. The silent undead last night kept scribbling in her book and it seemed as though the women weren’t keen to discuss why they were there. Selene didn’t care for them in the slightest but she hadn’t yet gained the courage to ask Master Tristifer why they were in the city.

At the memories of the past night, Selene frowned slightly, her mind clearly playing back the feline’s attack, involuntarily touching the scars on her cheek. Her grey eyes grew dark but she didn’t say anything, stopping as they reached the doors of the hotel. Rolling on the balls of her feet, Selene looked at the Minotaur. “I am here because my….my master is here. I need to go find him.”

Bowing her head, Selene slipped into the shadows of the building, her eyes adjusting to her surroundings. Jogging up the steps, she burst into the room before realizing her actions could have been rash, her eyes looking around, trying to find Tristefer.

The Paladin saw the girl’s unease before she scampered off. So she was a slave of some kind. He had a feeling that such a thing was happening, the girl had a broken spirit. That he could see, a Lycan especially a female Lycan slave wasn’t unheard of in his travels. But knowing such a thing exists and seeing it are two very different things. With a deep sigh the bull began to move on his way, but a soft rumbling in the ground made him stop and look towards the forest. Another sight he had rarely seen a Giant. A genuine Giant...leading an Ocecat woman back towards the building the Lycan girl had just ran into. What a curious day this was shaping up to be.

The knife Tristifer had been impatiently flipping imbedded itself into the door frame next to the girl’s ear. The move was an instinctive reaction to her bursting into the room. The archer however raised an eyebrow at the girl, behaving as if it was intentional. "There you are."

Crossing his arms the human studied the girl. "What did the vampire say? Does he have an update on your arm?"

Selene froze, her head turning to the trembling weapon a mere few inches from her face, her expression blank. Her new master had impeccable aim - a slight hesitation or a wrong calculation and she would be pinned to the wall like a butterfly. Slowly, she walked in and closed the door behind her, her eyes lifting to look up at the man.

“I…” she paused then sighed, “I never found him master….Tristifer.”

Tristifer's eyebrow twitched. "So where were you?"

“In the baths,” Selene walked to the corner table, about to place her clothes there. “I...got distracted on the way back.”

Tristifer shook his head. "While I approve of your initiative, not following instructions looks bad on you. Especially given the circumstances."

Pointing to his knife he motioned for her to bring it to him. "Speaking of; We need to discuss what's happening with the cat. We have the option to decide her punishment, well you can."

“I never found the vampire,” Selene paused before meeting the man’s eyes directly with a tiny flame in them. “I want the stupid cat to just leave me alone. I want everyone to just leave me alone!” She gasped at her own reaction before biting her lip and lowering her gaze. “I’m sorry. I….I will follow whatever you decide about the cat.”

The smirk that started on Tristifer's face vanished as the girl's attitude flipped completely. "You've got to be…" He started to mutter. Clearing his throat he spoke. "I want to hear your suggestions."

He motioned the girl to speak.

Selene let out a few shaky breaths, trying to think. What did she want the punishment of the cat woman to be? Frankly, she simply wanted to be left alone, to have a purpose of existing and to survive the upcoming full moon. Among the smaller wishes, she wanted her arm to stop aching and for the giant never to drown her. Slowly, she looked up. “I just want her to never touch me again, however you decide to do that. Otherwise, I can not promise to be so complacent master….Tristifer.”

"I'm sure that can be arranged. But it's not a punishment."

“You are my master and my protector,” Selene’s voice remained flat, only her eyes meeting his. “I will follow your lead.”

"I saw where the last one led." He said. "Try and make a decision yourself."

Selene dared a few seconds of glaring before turning away. It was his job to protect her, his to tell her what she could and could not do. To keep the monster that she was in line and away from hurting anyone. How could he be so confident that she would make the right decision?

“Whip her,” Selene wasn’t sure she spoke any louder than a whisper.

"Alright." Tris stated. "You'll deliver three lashes. Get dressed." The archer finished as he stood. Walking through the door he retrieved his blade. "We'll be waiting."

---------------------

As they neared the Annex, Mynx grunted, once again rolling her shoulders under Balder's hand. She did not want to be seen being led like this and the pressure was getting uncomfortable. She tried to slow her gait, pulling at his fingers with frustration.

"Let go!" she demanded. "Hurting! I said cat...I...walk. I not try to run." ...and because it had seemed to help earlier, she added, "...please," the word sounding pitiful to her ears.

Balder rumbled letting go of the Ocecat, his annoyance apparent. “A hurting shoulder will be the least of your worries depending on how this trial of yours goes. You need to temper your prejudice Mynx. Whatever excuse you think you have, whatever justification you try to convince yourself you had, attacking at random not only reflects poorly on you but on your comrades and the Guildmaster. Let’s just hope Adam and Tris are awake, we should’ve been in the Library by now.” With that the Giant jerked his head to the side signaling for Mynx to begin walking ahead of him.

Mynx grumbled, looking up at the Giant and shaking her head as she took the lead. “You not understand...I not attack at random...but you think what will. Your head thick like rest of you...no listen. I have reason...and it not change. Even if whip.” She rubbed at her shoulder with irritation, it wasn’t so much about the discomfort as the aggravation of the whole ordeal. At least she was being allowed to walk in on her own, Balder had given her that much. It was but a small bit of leniency, but she would take what she could when her pride was at stake.

She continued walking at a quick pace, huffing out her breath as her anxiety increased. “I not like you,” she said in a quiet tone, “...drag from sleep...treat badly. Make decision before hear side. Never should have helped you...and wooly beast. Let suffer. Like cat will suffer. I not make mistake again.”

Balder sighed and shook his head. “I have heard your side Mynx, but it doesn’t justify your actions. You’ve been with our group for a long while, you know the rules as well as anyone. There’s still the chance the girl will forgive you, but still you must face it.” The Giant was growing tired of this, he could see their schedule for the day just going right down the sink hole.

There was nothing left to argue about, the ocecat merely puffing out her cheeks and releasing a long drawn out breath of air. She didn’t have to like his decision, but she would have to accept it, his was the voice she had to follow in the absence of Dagur. Second in command...big honcho...man in charge...but not the alpha. Knowing this did not make it easier for her...she wanted to scream in his face...tell him he was wrong again and again. Throw a fit. Scratch his eyes out. Oh yes, the things she imagined...they brought the slightest hint of a grimace to her lips. But she had promised...and if nothing else, she was true to her word.

“Of course...side not matter...I broke rules...I bad cat.” Her words were said in a flat tone, a coldness in her voice. There was nothing left but to face the lycan.

Balder rolled his eyes slightly as they arrived in the courtyard of the Annex seeing neither Adam nor Tris out yet. But a Minotaur from the Sunfist Order was, as was the vanishing form of Selene the Lycan, as she ran back into the Annex. What in the abyss was going on now?

Mynx paused at the sight, a low growl coming from her, both due to the cur and the cow-like creature. She had never seen such a beast and her sense of caution was greater than her curiosity. She looked up over her shoulder at Balder, waiting for him to give her some direction, as she had no intention of venturing closer unless her bade her to do so.

---------------------

Approaching the bull man Balder nodded to him recognizing him once he saw under the hood. “Kol-bar as I live and breath. What are you doing this far East?”

Looking up his not so great eye-sighted finally coming into focus he chuckled taking the Giant’s hand shaking it as best as he could. “Ah Balder of Stonestead, I’m here on a Diplomacy mission for the Sunfists. But I could ask the same for you old friend. Last I knew you stayed pretty close to the central plains when not working with those Rogue’s Gallery scoundrels.”

Balder chuckled back, pointing a thumb back at Mynx. “Well those scoundrels are the reason I’m this close to Elfland. In fact I have some disciplinary actions to take with this one over here. So we’ll have to hold the reunion for now. Are you staying in town?”

Kol-Bar looked past the Giant at the Ocecat woman snorting lightly. The feline Wilderbeasts are always trouble makers, hardly a surprise to see one being led into the “Headmaster’s” office as it were. “Yes I am staying the Studious Stag Inn, my business shouldn’t take me too long to handle so I’ll meet you there sometime in the afternoon, sound good?”

Balder nodded and once more clasped the Minotaur’s hand firmly and turned back to Mynx as the Paladin left. Crossing his massive arms over his chest he kept Mynx in his sights and shouted at the Annex building. “Ready when you are Tris and Selene.”

The ocecat met the Giant’s gaze, her eyes narrowing as she waited for the others. There had been a moment, albeit a short one, when she could have fled, but she had decided against it, once more going with staying true to her word. She grumbled, her lip lifting in a sneer before she looked away, her gaze now focusing on the door of the Annex.

Tristifer stopped half way down the steps, sticking a finger in his ear. "At least one hangover is going to regret you doing that." The archer told the Giant. "The girl will be out in a moment."

The archer crossed his arms and studied the others present. The giant, as always in these situations looked a cross of annoyance and disappointment. The cat appeared to be frustrated and impatient; Tris wondered if she was considering making a break for it. The minotaur looked curious, and fed the curiosity of others. Tristifer wasn't a fan of the Sunfists, hell he wasn't a fan of any of the orders. They tended to be nosy and judgemental, and not in the fun way. Glancing back towards the door he raised an eyebrow at the time it was taking the girl to get dressed.

-------------

Selene pondered taking her daggers for much too long, trying to figure out what would upset her master more - her carrying the blades or ending up in another situation where someone would beat her up. The decision, paired with dressing nearly one handed took time, but eventually she sighed and tucked the daggers into their usual places before jogging happily down the stairs to where Tristifer and the Giant were waiting. As she got to the entrance, she caught the archer's glance and skipped a step, ducking her head for a second, expecting repercussions that usually followed her mishaps from her old master. It took her a few steps to remember that the rogue and the thief were two different people with very different reactions and she dared lift her eyes up, standing beside the man. She forced herself to relax outwardly though if anything were to happen, she would be ready to spring into action at once.

Balder let out a low sigh as everyone finally showed up to this trial. Enough of the day had been wasted so he wanted this to be done as quickly as possible. He was glad that this wasn’t a Giant Trial they’d be here all day just with the talk up and reading of the laws and reasons. So he clapped his hands and began. “Ok, let’s get this over with. Mynx you attacked and wounded Selene without obvious provocation. How do you plead?”

The cat looked up at Balder in confusion for a moment, the Giant's words beyond her grasp, but the meaning finally coming to her in context. She scrunched up her face, growling low in her throat as she glanced at the scratches on the lycan's face. "I do nothing wrong," she said defensively, refusing to admit guilt.

Balder hmmed lightly and nodded expecting that response. “Noted, Selene what’s your side of the story?” He looked down at the small Lycan girl and Tris.

Tristifer watched the cat at the girl's appearance. He quirked an eyebrow at the cat's confusion and response. When the Giant called for Selene to speak, the archer turned his attention to her. "Tell only the truth." He stated.

“I was following orders,” Selene responded calmly, her eyes meeting Tristefer’s. She bit her lip for a moment before continuing. “Master Tristifer handed me off to you, Master Giant, before you passed me onto the Orcess. When she stood to leave without giving me any other orders, I assumed it was right to go with her.”

The Giant rubbed his scruffy chin slowly absorbing all that he had been told. Despite Mynx’s explanation, Selene’s reasoning proved Balder’s suspicions. The attack was indeed a mistake, no doubt made worse by alcohol and such. But still the attack was unprovoked by the rules of the Gallery. He nodded to the girl then looked at Tris. “Both sides have been heard. But Selene is your charge Tris it is ultimately up to you what happens here. What say you to the evidence provided?”

"The cat screwed up and broke the rules in the process." Tristifer raised an eyebrow at Mynx, "I'll even wager she'll admit to the deed. If you get caught breaking the rules you get punished." He shrugged. "The girl made the choice as to what the punishment will be."

“Cur’s words mean nothing,” Mynx grumbled under her breath. “She say what archer want. Nothing but slave. No rules against slaves.” She set her gaze to Tris, scowling at him, then crossing her arms over her chest. She was wasting her time arguing, but she refused to remain quiet. “Just get punishment done...tired of game.”

Tristifer motioned for the girl to speak. "Name the punishment."

Selene sighed and bit her bottom lip. A few seconds later, she finally responded. “Lashes, as is acceptable by the Guild.”

So it had been decided. Mynx briefly cast a glance to the lycan then shook her head, accepting her fate with a low rumble. She wouldn’t resist as long as they met her one condition. She looked up at the Giant, remembering how he had stated it was not up to him who delivered the sentence--that decision belonged to the archer. And so it was to Tristifer that she turned her attention once again.

“I will suffer judgment...but ask that whip be held by you.”

The archer blinked. He'd seen the cat make strange decisions before, this one surprised him. While his mind ran through the possible reasons why she would make the request he turned to the lycan. "Not my choice. Your punishment you get to decide."

Selene met the man’s eyes, her own looking more wolf-like in that moment. The look that the cat had given her made her hair stand up and her hackles - were she in her wolf form - rise. The request was a strange one and for a second she was tempted to refuse. Whatever bit of pride she had left was enough to withstand the pathetic demands of a feline who caught her unaware and injured. Another look at her master and she thought better of it - there was enough tension in the air and she wasn’t ready to face the cat again should said feline decide to strike. Sighing, she shook her head - she had no objections to the archer dealing out the punishment.

With a shrug Tristifer stepped forward. He held out a hand to the Giant, "Let's get this over with. The whip please."

Balder nodded and walked to the wagon pulling out the long bullwhip and some extra rope. They kept a whip for just such an occasion and as luck would have it they rarely needed to use this thing. Sadly also because of its lack of use the whip itself was nearly new and would sting like the Sky Father’s lightning. With slow steps the Giant returned and handed Tris the whip before pulling Mynx’s clothing down enough so her back was exposed. He assumed he wouldn’t need the rope to retrain her, but he tied it into a kind of lasso and hung onto it as he stepped back giving the archer a nod to begin.

At Balder's signal to Tristifer, Mynx snarled, her upper lip twitching as she turned slowly, presenting her bare back to the archer. She had not resisted the lowering of her clothing, merely following the action with a growl, then pulling her long hair forward and tucking her tail in close to her body. Wary of the possibility of restraint, she couldn't take her eyes off the rope in the Giant's hand. She had not really expected them to go through with the punishment, but now that the time had come, she tensed her shoulders, preparing herself for the first strike.

Tristifer snaked the whip out, turning away from everybody he flicked his arm and cracked it in midair. With a shake of his head he once again wondered why the cat would make the request she did. Did she expect he'd take it easy on her? She should know better.

At least with the girl it likely would have been three quick hard strikes and done. Likely the whip wouldn’t have hit as hard, as the lycan likely has little idea as to how to use one. Much less aim her strikes. Tristifer however, was never one for typical weaponry. He moved into range once the Cat was ready.

He swept the whip side to side for a moment then pulled his arm back letting it shoot into the air. He brought his arm across and jerked back at the last second. The leather whistled the air, the sudden jerk causing it to crack across the cat's shoulder blades and make her twist, a painful hiss slipping from her lips.

The archer's arm continued its move, snapping back across from the other side. Again his wrist flicked, and the rawhide cracked, leaving a second burning lash across the small of her back.

The cat did not handle herself as well, her knees starting to buckle as she cried out. With a force of will, she straightened herself and looked over her shoulder just as the weapon twirled and the archer’s arm went high, then plummeted. Tristifer’s arm snapped and the motion slid down the leather like a wave. The third lash slashed down along the left side of the cat's spine.

Tristifer gave another snap of his wrist and the tip of the whip leapt back towards him before another flip defeated its motion. The archer gathered the tool, wrapping it slowly. He'd hit the points he'd aimed, the points that would remind of the punishment every time the cat moved. Turning he motioned the girl to leave. Heading off himself. "It's done, onto more enjoyable things," he tossed over his shoulder as he walked off.

As soon as he was gone Mynx fell to her knees, hissing out her breath and bowing her head. She remained silent, trying to gather her strength. This had been more than an eye for an eye, the punishment worse than the crime. She had only delivered one strike but had taken three...and hers would have an effect on the hunt. Reaching behind her, she grabbed at the upper half of her outfit and gingerly pulled it up, flinching as it rubbed against the open wounds. Her gaze lifted to look at Balder, her eyes narrowing as she huffed out a last groan and stood back up.

“Can I go now?” she asked.

Balder sighed sadly and picked up the whip after the Archer discarded it. “Yes Mynx, you may go, you are clear of wrongdoing. Clean yourself up and make ready for the Library.” He wiped off the whip and began to coil it as he walked slowly back to the wagon to put it in storage. He knew this wasn’t going to be the end of this issue, but soon he hoped the group would be too occupied with finding these Tears to carry on old blood feuds and grudges. He was too big to do any good in the library, but maybe his meeting with Kol-Bar would shed some light. The Sunfists were a well-traveled organization and had gathered artifacts and lore from all over Eisignol and Bisignol. At the very least it’d be nice to talk with an old friend for a few hours. He truly hated disciplining those in the Gallery, he usually left that unsavory duty to Dagur. Giants were peaceful, even in the punishment of crime. The worst he’d seen among his own people was the branding and banishment of thieves who stole from the homestead’s coffers. Murder and assault were all but unheard of among the Gentlefolk of the Plains. Mostly because it was very hard to injure a Giant enough so they were unable to fight back, but still the very idea made his stomach queasy. He replaced the whip and rope before he tied on his water skin and gave Masso some bags of grass that Lulu hadn’t gotten into to eat now that his injuries were getting better. There was much to do before he could go meet Kol-Bar, like rounding up the rest of his group to send them to their duties. Wearily Balder rubbed his eyes and went to find or wake up the others, his large shoulders sagging.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 10-30-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default CoOp between Yamimoon and Koti

Ashvel had been lying in his bed for a couple of hours. He had cleaned his shirt as much as possible and see up the hole. Not knowing when the shops open he would have to wait till later in the day to replace it. The sun had already peeked over the mountains, and the time to be getting to work was fast approaching. With a heavy sight he removed himself from the bed and got ready for the day.

Fully dressed deciding to look out the window of his room he removed the sheet and looked down at the cobblestone of the courtyard. Many thoughts still plagued his mind from his encounter with his past lover. However, these thoughts were put to the side when he saw a large deer enter the courtyard. Knowing this creature belonged to Yn it was not a surprise to see him. Yet to see someone other than his brother riding him was something he didn't expect to see.

Curiosity was not something he usually allowed to get the better of him. Since curiosity killed the cat. Yet in this moment he couldn't fight the emotion. Since usually Dusha Kin don’t get involved with strangers. Yet, they did join the Gallery. So, there must be something different about them to begin with. Much like himself. Vampires don’t make friends with other races. They keep to themselves and don’t get involved with others. This is something he has failed more than once. Quickly making his way out of his room and down stairs. Once he reached the bottom he walked up to the pair.

He had yet to get to know Yn, and Faur. He knew more about Faur’s brother than he did the deer. Especial how the young man fought. Yet, he still didn’t know him personally. Ashvel didn’t even know if they knew what he was. Yet that isn’t relevant in this situation. He would remain under the mask he has protraide for himself since leaving the organization.

“Well looks like we weren't the only ones out for the night. Look at you trotting in early in the morning, and with a visitor as well.” Ashvel said with a smile.

"I'm used to rising with the sun, such is the way of us." Faur commented to the doctor as he slowed his pace, having made a good pace with Jarguff on his back. The weight was familiar like Yn, but the size was a bit off balance, it was a great way to get a morning wakeup. He could already see Lul trotting over to them with a branch in her mouth. Already seeing the amusement etched in her eyes, Faur leaned down to allow the dwarf off his back.

"Well met sire. Names Jarguff Blazemane. I am sorry to be calling upon you the draw of sun, but I was hoping to speak with the Rogue Gallery and Balder. Upon the badge, I assume you to be the company's healer?" Jarguff spoke after having adjusted his gear into his fit. It was very interesting riding a 9ft deer through the city. He was used to the rocking of a mount, but one that large was very different.

"I'll leave you two to it. I think another wishes my attention." Faur nodded to the two of them as he stretched his muscles. allowing the joints in his back to roll into place he headed over to meet with Lulu, curious about the branch she was carrying around with her.

Nodding his head at the short statured man and the deer as they both spoke. The short man was looking for the Rogue Gallery and more specifically Balder. This was not a surprise since he was well known outside and inside of the Rogue Gallery. Reaching his gloved hand out to shake Jarguff’s hand. “It is a pleasure to meet you Jarguff. My name is Ashvel Noctrum.” He said in hopes he would be willing to shake his hand. Though whether he did or didn’t would be up to him.

“You do have great eyes. Not many people know the differences in our badges. I am one of the healers, though I am the only one that is with this group at the moment.” Ashvel said as he took a step backwards. Thinking of Bigwit and the others that went with him to make sure that the goblin made it back home and to a healer that would be able to treat him completely. Then Faur spoke once more that he was needed elsewhere. “See you around” He said as the deer trotted off in another direction.

“Do you have, business here, or it is more of a personal visset?”

"It be of both." Jarguff spoke as he bade the deer well, watching him saunter off to meet with Lulu. He was curious about why the boar was carrying a stick, but it was said those animals who spent time around Dushkin tended to behave much differently. This seemed par the course then for oddities. Giving a second thought to their actions he turned back to Ashvel.

"It's a joy to meet you, but I am here on both business and personal. I am on the hunt to find my own ore vein and start my own forge. For that, I plan to join the Rogue Gallery." Jarguff offered up to the man.

“It is a pleasure to meet you as well.” Ashvel said as he notest the sun was starting to rise higher, and thus the light in the courtyard was becoming more prevalent. Pulling his hood over his head he looked to the man. “So, you are a blacksmith then. That is a good skill to have. I don’t think we have a single blacksmith in the guild.” ha said as he wondered where the others were. It was a little too quiet in the area. Placing that aside in his mind he returned his attention to the dwarf.

“Having a goal is important. You have to have your sights set on something to achieve in the life that you are living. Goals tell others who we are.” Ashvel said as he took a step back. “Well I am unsure where everyone is. Though I have an idea. Shale we go to find who you are seeking.”

"Men are more than just goals, but that is a discussion for late." Jarguff spoke, noting the way the man pulled the cloak tighter around him. He knew the group of Rogues Gallery to be strange, but it was none of his place to judge. Giving him a nod, Jarguff bade Ashvel to lead the way and set his bag down by the entrance. While the weight didn't bother him much, one less hassle to carry was a blessing.

"So what may I ask brought you to the Gallery, it's a rather odd group and most guilds would pay well to have a medic on hand?" Jarguff asked Ash as they began moving along.

"Men might be more than goals, but to me that is all I have left." Ashvel said as they began their walk to where he thought the others might have been. He left his reply at that. After a bit of silence Jarguff spoke once more asking him why he joined the Gallery, and mentioning that they are an odd group.

"We are a rather odd group of people. Coming from all kinds of different backgrounds and some of us are quite different than the others." Ashvel said with a slight amusement to his voice. Yet at the same time he knew that Jarguff didn't realize what he was. It put him a little on edge since not as many people are as tolerant as some of the members of the Gallery.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly he prepared himself for what could possibly happen after he answered the question. "I joined the Roughs Gallery because they are the only guild that would accept me. The other guilds might pay for my skills, but they would kill me for just being what I am. I want to show the world that not of my race are ruthless killers. That is my goal, and thus the reason I believe that men are only as good as their goals."

"Mmm, that makes sense." Jarguff mumbled aloud, taking a new look at the man he was following. The phrasing the man was using changed a lot about how to look. A healer was great for any group, but one that would be killed just for his biology. Automatically his mind went to cursed races, knowing that while racism carried between races, not many would be killed because of their blood. With smell alone, it wasn't a zombie. Going by aversion to sun, he could already make his guess.

"I guess every race has their outliers for everyone. We don't all have to make steel from iron." Jarguff explained as he follows behind, leaving his thoughts on the matter there. It wasn't his place to argue with the member of Rogues Gallery. Beside, there had to be a very good reason he was allowed.

Ashvel was not surprised by the quiet nature of the Dwarf. He may not have said it in a direct way, but there was no chance that his companion at the moment wouldn’t have figured out the meaning behind his words. Then his companion said something that made sense to him yet at the same time Ashvel didn’t know how much the man with him believed his own words. No matter how calm people may appear there is always doubt behind that facade.

Jarguff was neither accepting nor denying his existence and place among his peers. Yet until his true feelings are known Ashvel would need to make sure to watch hi back. Too many people would be willing to wait till his guard was down to strike, and he was never going to let that happen. Chuckling lightly he fell right back into his given character.

“Well you seem rather accepting. Most people not affiliated with the Gallery would go after my head about now.” Ashvel said in a calm and happy tone as they continued to walk into the building. Ashvel had no idea where Balder was, but maybe one of the others would.

“Well, kinda hard to make agreements starting by attacking the healer. Besides, you’d yet make an attempt on me. No reason to attempt on you yet.” Jarguff spoke gruffly, allowing Ashvel to direct their movement. At this point he could easily hear the sounds of the giant, and what appeared to be a jury going on, more than likely for another member.

“Hold here…. I do believe something is transgressing ahead.” Jarguff spoke as he stood his ground, crossing his arms as he did. While judgements were not uncommon for him to see among the hold, he was not involved in to many. His own uprising had him waiting when he knew deals and justice were being made out of sight, and not all were meant to be seen by outsiders.

Hearing the dwarfs words made him a bit relaxed, but to let your guard down completely was dangerous. It also sounded like he didn't completely trust him. That is understandable. Well at least he knew is back was safe for now.

As they continued through the building the sound of the gathered roughs filled the hall and it seemed something happened last night while he was out. Even Jarguff told him something was up and he stopped walking. "It seems like you are right. Pardon me." Ashvel said as he ran down the hall trying to find out what was going on.

By the time he reached the trial the punishment had been dealt, and he could smell the blood even from the back. Moving to the front he saw Mynx with three lacerations on her back. What had happened? He wondered as he approached his wounded comrade. "What happened?" He asked hoping to get an answer as he didn't hesitate to approach Mynx.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Co-op Koti and Moon

Mynx turned away from the Rogues that had gathered to watch her whipping, not meeting any of their gazes as she walked past, her pride injured more than her body. The only person she acknowledged was Ashvel, but only because he approached her directly. Giving the vampire a cursory glance she merely shook her head, her stony gaze pivoting to the Giant with reproach. “Ask him,” she grumbled as she continued on, her gait slow but steady, her face barely betraying the pain she felt with each step. Already the blood from her wounds was leaving a darkened stain upon her clothing, the front of her bodysuit precariously gaping, the top few buttons missing from being stripped to the waist by the Giant.

'Clean yourself up...' Balder had directed, but the cat was unsure how she would accomplish this task. She considered going to the water and forcing herself to wade in, but once she arrived at the stream her resolve faded, her dislike of being soaked greater than the directive. With a grumble, she moved on, wandering aimlessly until she approached a wooded area. The scents pulled at her, tempting her to stray...to run. She had little left to lose, her anger and thoughts of betrayal urging her on. One step...two...and then the feline paused. She was weaponless, her short sword lost to her when she was pulled from her sleeping spot this morning...and she was injured...her chances of survival lessened twice over.

“Not fair,” she growled, her hands clenched into fists as she dug her claws into her palms in frustration. If only there was a way to take out the lycan without blame...make the dog pay for this injustice.

The musing keeping her distracted, Mynx retraced her steps begrudgingly, heading back towards the safety of the Annex. She would need to get her axe and knife from Vel’s room...along with her armor...after having Jamon patch her up. Briefly she wondered where he had gotten off to last night...and why she hadn’t seen him this morning...but the thought was dismissed as she reached her destination and stepped inside.

The ocecat moved along the narrow corridor silently, her fingertips tracing her path lightly against the plaster of the wall. Once she caught Jamon’s scent she entered the common room he had chosen, her nose wrinkling at the strong odor of alcohol, sweat...and sex...that hit her. Asleep on the furs, the young man didn’t stir--the feline regarding him with a snarl before turning on her heels abruptly and exiting.

Disheartened...angry...and bitter, Mynx moved deeper into the Annex, finding herself paused outside another door a short time later. It was not her practice to ask for help, but with her ward sleeping off a night of revelry...and the strong possibility if she woke him he might end up badly injured...she didn’t know where else to turn. Swallowing what little pride she had left, she raised her fist then knocked on the wooden surface.

Yn looked to the door with mild annoyance, the pounding on the door adding to his whole body ache. Jezibel was taking small joy in his agony, allowing him to suffer as she went about tidying the room with exuberant sound. Yn only glared at her as he hefted himself off the bed and moved over to the door. Last night had been amazing, the booze and boxing a lot of fun. The enjoyment of the rest of the night made it a blur, but now that he was conscious again, his entire being ached.

He moved closer and rested his hand on the handle to compose himself enough to greet who was behind the door. Braced now, Yn opened the door fully expecting Tris or Adam to get ready for the day. So his braced face fell when he saw Mynx standing in the doorway. Even with his hungover state, he could pick up something wrong. Her face was dropped, and her body was tense. It was odd, seeing the proud Ocecat so placate was worrying.

"Mynx? What's wrong?" Yn asked her, moving aside to allow her into the room. Jezi looked up at the girl in the doorway distracted by the woman.

With a scrutinizing glance at Yn, the cat stepped inside, her gaze briefly taking in the other occupant without acknowledgment. “I need ask favor,” she stated, her voice strained. She was not sure the man was aware of the circumstances leading to her being here...his mussed hair and manner indicating that he, like Jamon, had been sleeping...but she hoped she would not need to explain herself.

Jezi, now able to see the Ocecat, felt anger and pity creep into her face. Anger at what caused the woman's appearance that she could see, and pity at what must have happened. Even more now with how she looked, something awful must have gone down. The girls night had been something else, and she knew something bad had happened, but as she had slept through most of it, was worried for what must have happened.

Yn on the other hand, was focused on the woman's back. He could see the deep red lines that spotted the back of her clothing, and even in his stupor could smell the blood. With how it was growing, he could tell it started upon her left shoulder and down. Knowing how things were going, he knew she needed treatment. Her coming to him instead of Ashvel spoke that she was looking for comfort. Being one with animals probably made him the best choice for it. With a steadying breath and look to Jezi, he began to move.

"Jezi, can you go get me some .."

"One hangover special, coming up. I got some water in the spare room for you." Jezibel finished for him before moving to the door, letting slip a gasp as she caught a look at the cat’s back. Yn nodded as she left the room, closing the door behind her. Yn didn't speak before motioning her to the bed and moved to the water. Taking a deep breath he doused the entire water on his face, feeling the shock help jolt him awake.

"How did it happen?" Yn asked carefully while moving towards his supplies, going for the salves that he kept for emergencies. While nowhere near experienced like Ashvel, he knew he could at least to dress a wound.

“Punishment,” she replied simply. “I scratch lycan...eye for eye.”

Letting out a deep breath, Mynx sat down on the edge of the bed, keeping her back rigid. She had decided to go for the most direct answer...accepting the guilt she had not been able to convince Balder of otherwise. With a sigh, she began unbuttoning the upper part of her bodysuit, watching Yn as he moved about the room.

Yn paused for a minute and glanced to Mynx, turning away as she was undressing. He hated the saying, as no one wins in the end, making things worse. Jezibel had told him the rules on stuff like this, and it was one that he truly hated. Focusing back on his work, he moved over to the bed and sat down, clearing his throat at the mild awkwardness of having a nearly topless woman in his room.

"Lay across my lap, and here." Yn spoke in feline, his purr a bit rough as he gave the woman a leather strap, obvious bite marks in some spots. He began setting the cloth and salves down next to him to begin working on the wounds.

The ocecat nodded, taking the offered item and setting it on her legs as she began to maneuver the upper portion of her outfit off her shoulders, a hiss of pain accompanying the movement. She was aware of the young man’s discomfort, but it could not be helped...not if she wanted him to treat her wounds. Once she had her entire back exposed, she picked up the belt and bit down on it, her canines leaving a deep impression as she positioned herself over his legs.

“I’m ready,” she said tightly, bringing her hair forward and her tail down.

Now exposed, Yn could see how rough the marks were. They looked angry and very red, ripped apart by something leather. Going by what she said happened, it looked like whip lashes across them. Taking the cloth he’d pulled, he began to blot her back, cleaning off the blood from her wounds.

"So, you were punished for attacking the lycan? Why did you do that?" Yn asked her to distract the woman, working on drying off her wounds. He began with the wound on her shoulder, drying off the blood completely before grabbing the first salve. A simple bonding material to close the skin to help clean it.

“I...don’t...like...dogs,” she started with, hissing between her teeth as the lacerations were dabbed. She growled, grinding her teeth against the leather strap before she pulled it out to talk more clearly, this time managing to hold back her pain. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before she spoke again.

“My tribe...we had legend of varúlfur...a beast of night with...black fur...silver eyes...and long talons...like knives. He ate small children that wandered from camp. A story...to keep the young kittens...inside the circle.” She paused to breathe through the pain, clearing her throat roughly.

“You have such monster?”

"All races do. We called them skinned, if I recall it correctly. They are beasts that hunt in the night from their caves, bare of all fur, but mixed beasts of the land. They hunted beast kin alike, for flesh and possess more of the creatures." Yn spoke, working carefully on the large wound next to her spine. She had managed to relax enough to speak, meaning that the salve was starting to work.

"Hearing right though,you attacked her due to a fairy tale? I have to say, that is a rather strange reason." Yn offered up as he finished the second one. Grabbing the cloth again he began working the last lashing, cleaning the spots that had begun oozing again after cleaning it previously.

Mynx managed a slight laugh. “No...not fairy tale. For us...legend real...but monster was lycans...varúlfurs...a pack that tracked ours. Many cats taken...few returned alive. I lost sister to them. Her body left on path...beaten...partially eaten. Dead for days. Our numbers less...so never take on whole dog tribe...but we did same to their pups when they wandered. For revenge. It became rule...to kill all curs...leave no trace of body. Do you see?”

“You kill innocence and youth because of past trials? Seems like a good way to kill all outright?” Yn asked rhetorically. He could understand her hatred at ones who killed her family, he himself subjected to that kind of rage himself. The biggest thing he for sure knew was that rage did little more than burn one’s soul, tainting anything you see in red.

“I do believe my mother had a great saying for this. ‘Not all kits grow from the same litter’, or something like that.” Yn offered up, focusing on his work as Jezi came back in, carrying two plates with her. Both were ladened down with meats, one plate larger than the other. She paused at the scene in front of her for a few brief seconds before shaking her head. Moving closer she set the plates down in easy reach for them both and headed to get some decent clothes for Yn and allow him to work in private.

“Ah, grease and meat. Great buzz killer I hear.” Yn spoke before grabbing a thick strip of bacon and munching down, using his free hand to apply the last of his salve to Mynx’s back.

“You not approve,” Mynx said with a slight grimace as the Dusha Kin finished with the last of the ointment. “It like with Rogues...not make rules...but must follow.” She rolled her shoulders gently, then pushed against the bed to get back into a sitting position. Sighing, she glanced at Yn, nodding to him in thanks. Briefly she looked to where Jezi had gone, then turned her back to the man, remembering his discomfort at her nudity.

“It okay to look. I not mind,” she said. “..but I think Jezi no like.” There was no denying the two women did not have good feelings towards each other, the cat’s attack on her no doubt a large part of the problem. Mynx had no intention of getting in the thief’s way if she put her claim on the big man...it was obvious she cared for him...and he was much too young for the feline. It wouldn’t stop her from enjoying his company though.

"You may not mind, but still. Regardless, I think trying to kill any of her kind just because of past problems is only going to hurt you further. I'm not saying you should like her, more so not attack her while she is technically a Rouge’s member." Yn offered up as he finished off the first piece of meat, the ocecat merely nodding at his advice. Already he could feel some clarity coming to him, along with some ease to his stomach.

"We should wrap you up." Yn spoke as he grabbed some wrap and started working them around her body, making sure to avoid any discomfort.

"Secondly, I don't think Jezi hates you, just not sure if you're okay with her." Yn offered up as he finished up the bandages, still working on his meal.

Mynx turned back around once he was done, her head tilting sideways at his comment. “Hmm…not okay with Jamon liking...not while my ward. Otherwise…” she finished with a shrug. There was some pain with the movement, but nothing like it was before. “It feel better. Thank you.” Reaching behind her, she pulled up her top and fastened it, then placed her hand atop his.

“Balder say meeting soon to discuss library. You should finish up food and get ready. He in foul mood...like goat. I need wake Jamon. He has bruises like you. You fight?”

"Ah, the guys last night went to a tavern, where they were holding a tag team tournament. Jamon and I were entered, but sadly didn't win the thing. Was a lot of fun, though I don't remember much of it." Yn offered up to her and grabbed the rest of his meal.

“He lucky not dead. Not much of fighter,” she said as she rose, regarding the food briefly, then deciding against it. “Not hungry...you eat if want.” She filed away the information Yn had given her...just in case she wanted to look into this ‘tavern’. Jamon had been up to more than just fighting, and the cat was in no mood to share. Turning to the Dusha Kin one last time, she put her hand to her chest as she had seen Su Lin do so many times.

“You have good heart Yn. You make good mate one day. If ever want share warmth, I not say no.” With that she took her leave, closing the door behind her as she made her way farther down the hall to Vel’s room.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Co-op Bettwen P.K. and Dna

Vel had strayed into town at the wee hours of the morning, when shops were preparing for the day. After yesterday she hadn't really planned on coming back but with her ink jar spilt and the book she was using half destroyed she'd need another ink jar and book to record any information she found in the library today. She had other's but she still needed one for communication and it get filled up easily on its own without important information hidden away in it.

She'd made the trip as briefly as she could, purchasing a new ink well and another not one but two empty books for her to use. She made her way back to the building the Rouges were staying at, Passing a Minotaur clad in the robes of a Sunfist Monk, being sure the pass on the far side of the street quickly and not be in his way. Back at the Annex building she approached the tail of the trial as the Mynx, Tris and the werewolf left. She paused feeling an unsettled feeling. She understood the need for discipline and punishments for infractions... but she never liked it... and by what she could make out of Balder putting away, it had been lashes. For a scratch to the face the whip seemed awfully hefty.

She sighed softly through her scarf. If only she'd moved quicker he could have prevented Mynx from even reaching Selene. Pushing away from the spot she'd stopped in she went after the Archer. She'd tucked the letters in the half ruined book, between the pages that had the translation for said letters. Most of the book was ruined from the ink spill but she'd made a second list of the books mentioned in the letters and torn it out so she could begin her search in the library. There wasn't anything else salvageable from the book so she intended to give him the whole thing, he could tear it up as he saw fit.

She could see Tris up ahead and picked up her pace to catch up to him before he vanished altogether as he sometimes tended to do.

Tristifer didn't have a destination, he simply headed away from those involved in the event he just finished. He understood the need for punishment, he knew that this case the punishment looked worse than the crime. Unfortunately he also had a position that had to know the truth of the matter.

He was painted the bad guy, but the cat would remember to be more careful with her claws. Tris could live with the temporary hatred, he'd dealt with it before when he went from brigand to merchants guard. Still, having been the hand that held the lash always left a bad taste in the archers mouth. So his feet directed him towards the nearest pub. He realized this even as he heard feet quickly closing on him from behind. He sighed but kept his pace steady, if they wanted to talk to him they'd have to make the effort.

Vel figured the Archer wouldn't have missed her steps trying to catch up with him, back into the town. Damn it. Either he hadn't noticed or was ignoring it. it was probably something of the latter. she picked up the pace once more to catch up with his stride wishing he'd just slow down, she didn't really want to be back in town these people made her even more uncomfortable then usual.

As she finely caught up to Tris she grunted, the most she could voice of her displeasure of having to catch up with him, but it didn't matter she held out the book to him, its wrinkled ink stained pages and all. Thankfully enough of the book had been saved she could copy the translation of the letters down, but there was little else of worth inside of them. there were a few words that she couldn't translate on her own and with out access to the library at the time they were just blank spaces but it shouldn't be hard to understand the implications from the rest of the letter.

Tris recognized the grunt and came to a stop, only to get hit in the back with a book. "Ow. That was unnecessary. "

Turning he frowned at her and looked at the inky book. "Looks like you made a mess." He said raising an eyebrow curiously, "Should I assume it is readable?"

Vel was a bit startled. That hadn't been what she meant to do! She waved her hands in front of her trying to confer that hadn't been her intention. Out of all of the people in the Gallery Tris made her the most uncomfortable. Even Adam who seemed unapproachable was pretty straight forward and Balder wasn't to be trifled with but he was usually easy enough to read. Tris, Vel couldn't read him.

She sighed, trying to make herself relax as she nodded, almost scowling under her hood. Of coarse it was readable. She flipped opened the page the letters were tucked in, the translated contents in her neat flowing hand inside. She didn't really feel like explaining why the book was soaked in dry ink, it taken her long enough to clean up the mess of the night. She'd rather just retire to the library with the list of books from the letters. She closed the book and offered it to him once more using her other hand to pull free one of her new books encase he had more questions.

Taking the book the archer flipped back to the page with the translation, his eyes skimmed the lines. His face hardened at the title of the letter's author. He moved on and noted the title of a few books. "Recognize any of these bookworm?" He asked his eyes still skimming.

He paused and raised an eyebrow at the note about the spell. A score of ideas leapt to mind, even as an explanation was resolved. His eyes flickered to Vel, and Tris rolled a question around on his tongue.

Opening her pouch she pulled free her quill and opened to the first page of the fresh book.

"One, But I don't expect to find it in such a prestigious library." She wrote. "Its more of a child's book then anything. A collection of rhymes and old tales." While there might be truth in the old rhymes she really didn't think they would find such a thing here. It was a bit strange that it was mentioned in the list, but they must think there was some truth to them.

She turned her book around to present to him as she rested her quill back in the ink.

Tristifer nodded; His mind rushing ahead. "Alright, whatever else your told to do at the library these books are a must find. Anyone gives you trouble send them to me. I may be somewhere else so that'll buy some time."

"Adam will of course know, and he'll know what I told you to do if someone bothers you." The archer stated. He held the open page toward Vel, "Mark the one your not sure you can find and I'll locate it. We'll talk later about this." His finger tapped the note about the spell. A realization dawned on him as he did.

"Fuuuuck." He muttered. "We may have to bring her in on this."

He motioned Vel's questions away, giving her no chance to ask them. "I'll find Adam, you get ready to hit the library."

Vel nodded in understanding, already having intended on doing so. But as he went on she cocked her head under the hood, she wasn't really sure why anyone would give her trouble but she supposed it was always a possibility and therefor it was best to have someone to direct people to in this case.

She withdrew her quill once more and carefully circled the title as he requested, wondering where exactly he was going to go hunting for it before he mentioned something about her. Who? But before she could open her book Tris had already waved away and told her to hit the Library while her searched for Adam. She paused for a moment watching him move off before she finely slipped her quill away and capped the ink, tucking her new book under her arm and began heading back the way she'd come. So many more questions now then answers.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

After Mynx had stopped only to give a vague answer to the question he asked. Telling him to ask another for the answer Ashvel felt that something bad had happened. This whole situation was not something he was comfortable with. An eye for an eye was the way of the world, yet it caused more problems. For the circle of hatred would never truly be quelled.

Giving a long soft sigh as he looked over to the werewolf and saw the scratches on her face, and he figured what might have happened. It was no secret that Mynx didn't like lycans in the least, and since the lady's had a night out just like the men alcohol was involved. This was becoming a classic drunk situation.

He had found himself many a time at the short end of those kind of situations since joining the Rogues Gallery. Many a time receiving injuries from the intoxicated. Yet, he never fought back, and he never would. As long as his life was not in danger he would just allow them to take out their frustrations. There was a lot of hate and anger towards his kind and he didn't want to exacerbate the situation.

He turned to follow his comrade to treat her injuries, but stopped in his tracks. If she wanted his help she would have asked, and it might not be in his best interest to follow her just yet. Closing his eyes he turned on the balls of his feet once more and faced the others. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly he opened his eyes.

"This is going to be a long day." Ashvel said as he left the area to go to his room. Selins injuries weren't life threatening and if she wanted them treated she could come to him. Not wanting to get involved in a situation that could possibly end in conflict. He had enough people trying to kill him, he didn't need another. Besides, he needed to get ready for his assignment today. One way or another, he was either going to the Library, or searching for information on the streets. Reaching his room he opened the door and closed it as he began getting everything together.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Co-op Bettwen, Leanna, Koti and P.K.

Laz had followed the strange stone faced women up to the great building but a commotion, or rather the sight of a giant deer. Deer didn't wander into the city, let alone one this large, the only deer she'd ever seen in a city was one being paraded around by the mighty hunters. Venison was really good though.

She glanced at the back of the women before she slipped away from the stone faced one, curious about the deer and what it be doing so far into enemy territory followed it from a distance further into the courtyard. It didn't seem at all wry about its surroundings or worried at all by the few people that had been with in sight of it. Namely a dwarf and some hooded figure. Or the Giant!

She ducked behind a tree as the Giant lumbered in the distance. Watching with some awe as the Giant Adult moved past. She'd heard of the towering races but she'd never seen one in person. she watched till he was out of sight before turning back trying to find the deer in the courtyard again and follow it.

Meanwhile, Lulu was teetering around the outskirts of the Annex, biting firmly down upon the large, twisted branch that she toted along without a care. Her curly tail was wagging back and forth in perfect unison to the beat of her trot, even as little cloven hoof prints were left behind her rump in a clear trail.

The young boar was feeling very well rested, and enjoying a sweet state of oblivion. It was just too easy for her to ignore the internal strife of the Rogue Gallery right now—much less the external dangers of the outside world—because there were more important things to worry about right now. There were new friends to be made, holes to be dug, june bugs to chase. Because to her, everywhere—including Alegast—was her own personal playground.

Because wasn’t every moment a new opportunity for pleasure and joy? The boar let out an array of merry grunts as she strutted along, revelling in this mindset, even as she grew more determined to find the great, gentle elk. She hoped to present her newfound antlers to him with glee; so much that she hadn’t even worried about breakfast yet. How strange it felt to be so consumed by thoughts that did not include breakfast!

All that Lu wanted was to find Faur and let him know… wait, what was it again? The little boar found herself unable to remember why she wanted antlers. Her being hamstrung during the bandit raid suddenly felt like a very distant memory—one that she wanted to block out—so she treated it as something that did not matter on such a bright and beautiful morning.

Faur could tell that he was being followed, only if just barely. He wasn't sure what creature was trailing him just yet, but without the worry of something trying to attack him within the group, he didn't pay it much mind. Even better was the presence of Baulder, whom wore a look of disdain from whatever he had missed. Personally Faur was more focused upon the curious state of Lulu, the cloven prints being trailed with a trace line of kindling.

"What upon mother Earth is she doing?" Faur chuckled at the thought while finally catching up to her, to note the oddest sight in the world. Lulu was trotting around the area with a large piece of kindling held in her mouth, much like a canine playing fetch and showing off the great stick they had managed to find. Faur paused while watching her, the strangeness robbing him of words for those few moments while he just looked upon the strangeness.

"Lulu… watch you got there?" Faur asked with some hesitance. While he was sure the girl had some grand logic behind her actions of carrying around the stick, it made little sense to him right now.

It didn’t take Laz to spot the deer again, he was kind of hard to miss with how large he was. Still she kept a fair distance, just close enough that she could see him. He was so close! If anyone saw him they might try to hunt him and for a deer he was rather pretty, no doubt a good prize.

Strangely enough the further they came in the more noticable the tracks were. Was the deer following the tracks? And even stranger was what they led to. A pig! A wild pig! With a stick. This was turning out to be one of the strangest days Laz had ever had. A nice adult followed by a Giant deer, then a giant! And little brown pig with a stick. Laz crawled into a bush to get a better look.

*Faur!* the little brindled boar shouted in boqr, dropping the twiggy prize from her mouth so that she could run up to the elk and lick his leg in a most cheerful greeting. She did not bother answering his question; but instead chose to give him a tender love bite in the same calm and blissful way that she often greeted Maso.

A moment passed before Lulu finally realised that Faur was waiting for a proper response from her. Upon remembering her original intent on showing her antlers, she hurtled away from the elk like a bolt of lightning that was aiming to strike her special branch, grabbing it once more with her maw.

Lu then began to dash with the thing at full speed across the Annex yard, leaving cloudy poofs of dust in her wake—joyfully running. She only stopped the sprint when she reached a small thatch of greenery; one covered in a fragrant arrangement of weeds and flowers that grew in patches.

Dropping her branch at this site, Lu hurled her boarish body into the flora and wildly twirled around until she found herself lying on her back—hooves in the air and snout sniffing with pride as she scratched her hide against the turf. She was enjoying the smells of nature so much that she didn’t even notice that Laz was close by, hidden just beside her.

"Lulu.. you are quite the strange one." Faur responded in kind, moving closer to watch the young boar rolling around in the flower patch, amused by the antics of her. He didn't bother wiping his foreleg clean, not wishing to insult her. With a smile he moved closer to settle upon the ground, shifting the branch to the side and just watching the amused motions of Lulu, before something else caught his nose. A new scent entered his nose from Lulu kicking up a fuss around her. Another creature was watching, and from rather close by no less. He could tell though that the new presence meant no ill harm to them, just studying the two of them. Faur knew that sometimes things were not as dangerous as they seemed and vice versa. Craning his neck he looked around the area, trying to find the new source of smell.

"I know someone is here." Faur spoke, the words a bit broken upon his tongue as he looked around the area, still looking around the area.

Laz was starting to think these were the two strangest animals she’d ever come upon, neither seemed to notice her presence… maybe they were human tame? That would explain why they were here and were not bothered by the presence of humans. She’d hunkered down in the bush watching the little pig have a good roll nearby.

She started as she heard a voice, broken common rolling from the tongue but from where? She froze peering around but she couldn’t see anyone else around the clearing and animals couldn’t talk so there was no way that it was them. She clutched her doll to herself deciding to remain where she was.

Lulu paused, taking a moment to gaze up at the elk as her lashed lids blinked in confusion. Why did Faur think she was strange? Couldn’t he see that she was just… happy? Needless to say, the comment was puzzling to the boar, even causing her to cease her playful antics for the time being. Lulu froze (still on her back with her hooves sticking straight up in the air), unable to keep herself from gawking once more at Faur’s great antlers as she questioned him in boqr.

*But… why?*

To Lu, the desire for amusement and absurdity in life felt like the most natural pursuit in the world—well, if you did not count her constant quest for food, that is. So what was so strange about her love of a good morning run, romp, or rollaround? Everyone needed to take more time for simple pleasures! Right? But she did not know much, she supposed. She was only a boar.

*Don’t you like to have fun?*

A subtle smile was the only response that the young sow received to her innocent query—and truth be told, that was just the reassurance that she needed to ease her fickle mind regarding this matter. So, grunting in contentment, Lu wriggled around one last time, which in turn left her bristly hide covered in an assortment of dry leaves and twigs.

Rolling up and over, Lu ebbed in closer towards Faur, hoping to find comfort in the absorption of his body heat; but soon noticed that the massive buck was becoming a bit distracted himself. Was he hungry? She could not tell. Mimicking his movements, Lulu began to glance around this way and that, just as he did… sniffing for enemies… or perhaps food.

“My apologies Lu, I mean nothing by calling you strange. Consider it a part of my birth.” Faur responded to her question, letting out a sigh. Having grown around humans and beasts like him, silly things such as romping and rolling were usually reserved for the younger. Sure he and Yn had a good tustle now and again to stay sharp, but those were more a mix than just for fun. As Lulu trotted over to him, he gave the area another once over, trying to pinpoint the location of the scent. While new towns and crowds were not his most pleasant ordeals, he still knew how to tell the difference.

“Not to alarm you, but there is a strange scent nearby, one close by. It doesn’t seem hostile though. Remain here.” Faur spoke to Lulu, tilting his head back to sniff the air, turning this way and that. While he did have a much better sense of smell than his brother, he could still follow the scent rather easily. Shifting himself upright, he began to follow the scent in a winding pathway, tracing it out to where it was the weakest and slowly moving in a circle to find it.

The scent was easy to trace, more scents intermingling. Clean water and soap mixed in, still pungent to him even with the soft breeze. He traced it around more, moving in a wide circle before closing in on the area, and realizing just why it had started from Lulu. The scent was coming from the bushes that Lulu had been rolling around, her romps through the foliage having been what stirred up his nose. Firming his stance Faur began moving towards the bush.

“Being hiding in foliage, come out.” He spoke clearly as he advanced.

Laz had been watching quietly this whole time marveling at just how strange this duo seemed to be. Like friends. But the giant deer got up and started to wander and for a moment Laz forgot about the voice that had called out, it might have just been someone else in the courtyard behind her, after all animals couldn’t talk.

The deer started to circle closer before it finally faced directly at her. Then the stance of the deer seemed to change and that voice, unmistakably coming from this clearing, came again. Was that… the deer!? Laz’s little mind was blown. Animals couldn’t talk! Or they had never talked before. Startled more than she had been when the stone faced women woke her Laz poked her head out of the bushes creening her neck back to look at the giant deer.

“You talked!” the half orc child cried as only a small child could, in awe and wonder at the nature of something she didn’t understand and that didn’t match her preconceived notions of nature.

Lu flattened her soft-fleshed ears in discontent.

Remain?

Of course, the boar did not wish to remain behind… so she would not! How could she just stand aside when she considered Faur a new playmate and accomplice—just like she did Maso? How could she allow herself to leave the elk on his own, unprotected, in the face of unprecedented danger?

Something curious lurked in the bushes. Oh! Was there another bandit—just like the one that had tied her upside down, hoping to feast upon her? Or was this another wolf pack, like the group of predators that had devoured her entire family when she was a piglet? Anxiety rushed through Lulu when the strange memories flooded her mind...

Was that all she was meant to be?

Food?

Shuddering at this, the boar let out an involuntary squeal from behind Faur, urgently running through his four brawny legs to ram into the unfamiliar foliage that she had just been lying beside. When she eventually came across Lazuli, Lu could not help but feel floored by the tusks she sported.

Something about Laz reminded Lu of her mum… but not quite. Taking a moment to utilise the position of her snout, Lu sniffed at the half-orc, very carefully, surveying the scents of the soil—hoping to show Faur that she was very intent on keeping him safe from any predators who may covet his mighty antlers.

“Why yes I can.” Faur replied, a little taken aback at the sudden appearance of the child. While it wasn’t unheard of children sneaking around where they didn’t belong, he hadn’t quite seen one as colorful as this. With a snort he sat down, getting in closer range of the child and studying the young girl.

“How is it you came here?” Faur asked, watching Lulu sniffing around the child. He was curious if she thought they were the same due to the tusks, but he couldn’t be sure.

Laz was thrown back against the dirt as the piglet rammed into her, ripping a half grunt half gasp. Mostly from surprise. The initial impact only had a small ping but not enough to do more then throb slightly after the shock wore off.

“Get off.” She grumbled at the boar trying to push it away with her free hand as her other held her doll away from the cold snout. So much for that bath, she had leaves in her hair and dirt on her new clothes. Oh well.

Once the blue marbled child righted herself she watched the piglet sniff around her for a moment before looking back to the deer. Still it was hard to wrap her little head around the fact that the Giant beast could speak her language! Could the boar speak to? She marveled a little more at the pretty deer before she answered. “The stone face women brought me back here.” she said simply. “How can you talk? Animals have never talked before.”

Lulu did not like it when Faur did not speak boqr, she decided. No, not one bit. She could not understand anything being said between him and the young she-orc, and oh, how she hated it. She wanted to be part of the fun!

This frustration stemmed from her (albeit short) lifetime of not being truly understood by… well, anyone she had ever known. Not even by her mum. So the boar had become as enthralled by the elk as a bee to honey, and it was upsetting when she could not understand.

And just who was this mottled stranger who stole Faur’s attention and made him speak the odd two-legger words? Lu sniffed around a bit more, uncertain of what to think at first. She even thought of interrupting the conversation with her own choice words of boqr, but…

That feels rude.

And Lulu did not enjoy being rude. Because when others acted abusive towards her it did not feel fun—so she chose to remain politely quiet.

Sigh.

Oh well. She would have to forgo speaking right now and depend on her other innate senses, now wouldn’t she? Because didn’t boars just have the most impeccable senses? Well, she sure thought so—and she started to display this belief by examining the half-orc child with them.

First she listened.

Once she decided that Laz’s tone was not threatening, Lulu decided to move on to the sense of touch (but she then remembered that she had already rammed into the girl, and she felt a lot more fragile than her mum… and a wee bit cold…)

Convinced that this was yet another sign that the mottled stranger did not mean any harm, Lu moved on to taste. Just as she had with Faur, she began to lick away at Lazuli’s ankle, this time a bit more introspectively.

Hmmmmm, sweet… sweat. Not bad.

Finally came her sense of smell.

Oooooooooo.

If she didn’t know any better, this one had recently been subjected to one of the greatest tortures of them all…

Bathing!

Faint traces of soapy scents could be detected on the skin of this young stranger; but luckily it had not stripped her body of all of the most pleasant, natural aromas. The two-leggers seemed to always wipe these smells from their bodies, didn’t they?

But why?

There was little in life that was more enjoyable than the earthy, musky, pungent odours that emanated from creatures of all kinds, uniquely. Wasn’t it a sure and wonderful way to both recognise and usher in different types of friends—especially those of different species? Why did the two-leggers try to hide their natural scents beneath soap?

Lu wagged her tail in greeting to Laz as she took a few more whiffs of the girl. Raising her snout sky-high, she decided that she liked this one (once she ignored the soap). So much, in fact, that she had forgotten she was upset about the two of them not speaking boqr around her.

"Stone face? I assume that is silent woman." Faur mused, having to ponder a few moments on what the new person mentioned. Lulu on her own though had begun to study the small child, sniffing and shimmying around the person. Faur shifted closer, looking to the two of them and trying to figure something out, yet already knew the girl would still be asking her question.

"I am a magical deer, born into the Dusha Kin race. My name is Faur." Faur spoke , holding a hoof to his chest in the way he had seen others do it as well. Smiling though he glanced over to Lulu, watching her tail swishing back and forth.

"This excited one here is named Lulu. She is rather harmless, yet cannot talk like I do." Faur introduced his companion.

Laz couldn’t help a small giggly and gasp as the piglet began tp lick her ankle. “Stop that!” she said pushing at the little pigs nose away. It tickled! She looked up as the deer leaned closer, explaining that it was a magical deer. Something called a Dusha Kin? She’d never heard of them before. And before she could ask it was made clear that the boarlett was not able to speak in the same way. So she wasn’t magical.

“Whats a… Du-sh-a Kin?” Laz asked slowly. Sounding out the word as she’d heard Faur say it. Though maybe she was dreaming and it didn’t really matter. After all a total stranger and an adult gave her warm, fresh bred this morning then gave her a bath and now she was talking to a deer who could speak back! It was better than she was awake so she supposed she didn’t mind to keep dreaming this time.

Thinking that Laz was playing a game with her, Lulu pushed back with her snout once more, wanting the last nudge. She then turned around in three circles—yes, precisely three)—before wooomping her plump self down towards the feet of the Half-Orc. Nuzzling herself into the soft soils, Lulu finally felt content… and might as well make herself comfortable, right?

"It's the race that I belong to, like how you're a small orc." Faur responded, watching the antics of Lulu and chuckling to himself. He had to admit that the two of them were really cute with each other. If he had to guess anything, they had to be rather close together in age. Giving a smile at the two of them he looked around the court and those who had been around there.

"So, what is your name? I don't think I've gotten your name yet." Faur asked the small girl, ready for a long day watching the two of them.

Laz watched the plump little piglet with something of a mixed expression as she firmly held her doll in one arm and the other was firmly on her hip. She supposed it was kind of cute, Lulu, what a funny name.

“I’m only half orc.” She said matter-o-factly her blue mottled face scowled for a moment with a slightly sour expression before Faur asked for her name. “Lazuli.” She replied after a short pause. She supposed it wouldn’t hurt to tell a talking deer her name, after all this had to be a dream. And if it wasn’t? Well she wasn’t sure.

"Lazuli. Is fitting for you." Faur complimented her, smiling gently while watching the others moving about. He turned his eyes to Lulu and was pleased to see that she had settled down calmly into the soil, content in her space. He figured with the supposed mission today, it would be best for him to stay here. He wasn't one to object to this fact.

"Sit with us Lazuli? Enjoy the air free of city." Faur offered as he laid his head on the grass, resting upon the soil himself.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

No Mercy

Lingering behind the bathhouse, Shel slid her body between the tight and stony spaces of the Annex like a spider—earning herself a slight scrape or two before settling down uncomfortably within a shadowy nook. What a perfectly obscure little berth this was; one that felt like a masterful hiding place with its murky backdrop of mildew and old cobwebs. The warm light of the sun rarely caressed this place, that much was certain...

But was that not precisely what made her current location so advantageous? Planting herself between a rock and a hard place made it that much easier for Shel to witness the goings-on within the courtyard, and all without the risk of the soft morning light exposing her antics to those who stood below. For, truly, the sun was shining down brilliantly this morning—but not upon the Orc of the Rogue Gallery.

Just as it will not upon you, Ocecat.

While cold stone caressed her thick olive flesh, Shel shivered from head to heel as her cloudy gaze surveyed the stalwart form of Balder. The Giant—easily—was the most prominent thing down in the courtyard (even noticeably dwarfing a statue of marble) and the Orc could not help but remain mesmerised by his unrivalled physical prowess. What sort of strength did this man hold within a single fist? How fascinating was the severity that now furrowed his brow! It was a solemn expression that Shel had never seen cross Crag’s visage before, and it was… just beautiful.

”No ag mir…” Shel whispered in thickly accented Orcish, responding with the common mantra that often echoed amongst her tribe when justice was being served to the seditious: No mercy.

Shifting her gaze to the Ocecat, Shel’s upbringing continued to goad her on inwardly, bolstering her natural thirst for retribution. Yet, she was no monster, of course. She did not condone harm to the innocent. But what of the guilty? This cat had not only assaulted a downtrodden prisoner, unprovoked, but also shown little remorse in doing so. As such, Shel felt very little pity for Mynxella; just as she did for anyone who attacked someone weaker than they. How could she when someone stronger than her own self had once forced her into a position of submission? Let them fall on their own sword! All of them. She would be the first in line to watch them suffer—particularly those she begrudged, personally.

No mercy.

Shel sighed, nudging herself a bit deeper into her dark crevice even as she reeled her thoughts back. Focussss, the Orc reminded herself as she exhaled, not wanting to forget why she had come to this courtyard in the first place. She had to keep an eye on this Mynxella, to ensure that wild tongue of hers would not try to do anything stupid—like painting me as your scapegoat. Shel had worked too hard to win the Giant’s affections, and would not take kindly to anyone or anything who ruined her standing with him in any way.

Particularly some stubborn beastwoman. So you would do well to keep Jamon’s cock in your mouth and my name out of it, Ocecat, Shel mused, unable to tame her thoughts once again. Because, truth be told, Shel felt as contrite about upsetting Mynxella Jabberwalken Oce as she did for killing that nameless human being who had attacked her during the bandit attack. I don’t feel sorry at all. As far as she was concerned, this was the natural order of things, and the result of getting in the way of the iron-clad will of an Orc. Because when it came to Shel and her dignity, she would always defend it.

Shel’s brown eyes once more shifted to the Giant—and then to the Ocecat—ostentatiously searching for any trace of fear in Mynx’s eyes, wanting to relish in it, as was true to the Orcish spirit. Shel was shocked to find none, however, and that birthed a new fascination within her regarding this whole stinking situation. Were beastfolk also not the types to be rattled? Still, Shel’s heart pounded a bit faster at the upcoming punishment, her entire being applauding the idea of it. Witnessing such things was exciting in a most deep, dark, and awful way; and nothing she was unused to.

Expressionless, the Orc witnessed the lashes administered upon the feline—one, two, three—without so much as a blink. How intriguing it was that Mynx never once muttered out her name, much less let out a whimper… even while whipped.

Now I can respect that, Ocecat.

With that, Shel vanished from the scene, making haste to find Balder’s pipe before he could return to their small campsite on the outskirts of the town proper. For, despite the temptation the Orc felt to immediately go weedle with the Giant a bit (to cheer him up after his grueling task of dealing with the stubbornness of Ocecats, you could say), Shel figured that she would do well to not deny her friend his morning smoke.

Lat egor, Shel inwardly cursed herself as an idiot in Orcish for losing track of the thing in the first place, much less in a feeble fit of passionate emotion. She should tread lightly. She would not be the cause of her own fall from grace.

Took him about an hour, but soon he had everyone sorted and ready for their jobs. Sheva, Jamon, Adam, Ash, Vel, and Su Lin would be going to do the research. Everyone else would be sent into Alegast to talk with people and gather needed supplies. That is as far as his involvement would be, taking a long pull of his water skin he rubbed his eyes slowly trying to remember how to get to the Tavern where he was going to meet Kol-Bar.

“Good morning, Balder,” an overtly feminine voice murmured from the shadows, just before a silhouette could be seen. A heartbeat later, that same dark figure took a step out into the light, revealing a blinking Shel, standing a mere stone’s throw from the Giant. She was once more was towing along the large willow pipe, oddly enough; the task taking the Orc the better part of an hour. But Shel had been successful in locating the discarded property with a little bit of luck and persistence (as well as backtracking throughout the Annex, of course).

“I figured you would fancy a smoke after such an… eventful morning,” the Orc woman commented as she approached the enormous man, hoping he would not have too many questions or demands for her right now. And knowing Balder, he would not; as it was pleasantries that he desired. So that was exactly what she would give him, she decided. Shel kept the conversation charmingly light to prove that Orcish females were a breath of fresh air in comparison to those Ocecat queens.

Dropping the pipe within his arm’s reach, Shel turned heel to fetch a dying torch that she had noticed hanging from a nearby stone wall that was covered in a slew of damp mosses. The thing was clearly on its last life after glowing throughout the night, but it still offered just enough heat to provide Crag with a light to smoke his pipe… if he so wished. Holding up the fading flame, Shel suggested a bit of friendly small talk; because to be frank, Balder looked like he needed it. Something about the Giant seemed tired.

“Did you sleep well?” Shel began, fishing to see if she had been a nuisance by clutching on to him in the night. “I’d say you are hungry after dealing with the Ocecat. Speaking of which, you handled that situation very well, if I do say so myself. Anyway. Have you had breakfast yet?”

Balder quirked his eyebrow at Shel’s sudden appearance and presentation of his missing pipe. He gave a smile and took the pipe and offered torch with a nod of thanks. He lit the pipe before snuffing the torch out with his thumb. “Thank you Sprout, I slept well enough. Once I got used to you hugging my arm in your sleep.” He chuckled and winked at the woman before taking a few long pulls of his pipe blowing out a tall pillar of bluish smoke. “As for breakfast no I haven’t, I was just about to head for the Studious Stag Inn while the others begin work in the library. I’m too big to go there myself. Care to join me?” He asked gently keeping his smile on the Orc woman.

Shel’s tusked lip curled up in an inviting half-smile.

“Of course I would,” she responded with a warm expression, encouraged by Balder’s wink and overall friendly demeanour. There is nothing I would love more, she reflected inwardly, punctuating her words with an affirming afterthought. The Giant did not seem agitated with her over the pipe; nor did he seem offended by her invasion of his personal space the previous night. Instead, he seemed to enjoy it as much as she had.

How comforting was that thought...

So comforting, in fact, that Shel clung to this morsel of approval like a fierce beast with throbbing hunger; as if Balder’s good opinion was pure, nutritious food. A subsequent shot of adrenaline ignited the Orc woman’s veins like fire, resulting in a flood of intense feeling that caused her to abandon all logical forethought. She was having an impulsive idea. Perhaps now is the time to hammer down my status, she thought as she peered up curiously at the mountain of a man.

A shiver ran down Shel’s spine as nervous flutters filled her stomach. Every instinct within was telling her to take the risk, and do it now—to begin her ascent towards her rightful place over Balder—and everyone. Because from his shoulder, she could never be stomped on again. How tall she would be once she possessed influence over this Giant; and, better yet, once she garnered the ability to exploit his strength and size against everyone she viewed as a worthy target.

But here came the tricky part—Balder needed to care—and be willing. So willing, in fact, that he would happily intimidate every Orc from her horde that she hoped to sic him on. And, ideally, this could be done with no questions asked. For how could she ever admit her problematic past to him? It was just too degrading, too pitiful. He would just have to trust her if push ever came to shove. Like a true friend.

Not that I need friends anymore, the Orc thought. What Shel needed was a lot more complex than some trivial acquaintance to stave off loneliness. She needed someone with power.

So, jumping up to seize Balder’s wrist, she did not bother to ask permission before she began her symbolic ascent up the Giant’s bodily frame. She was taking her liberties, and feeling entitled as she heaved and hoisted herself upon him the best that she knew how; testing him to see how he would react towards one of her more ambitious propositions. Would he listen to her? Accept her? Gulping, Shel painstakingly continued to make her way up his appendage a bit further, now clambering around the elbow.

“Care to help a lady out?” she groaned impatiently, struggling a bit more before she eventually settled in a dangle somewhere around where his bicep met his brawny deltoid. This was the hard part. The slightest bead of sweat had begun to form on the Orc’s brow as she spoke through clenched teeth, a bit less focused this time.

“I’m so tired… of keeping pace... with a damned Giant… and I refuse… to walk… behind anyone… anymore… MUCH LESS ALL THE WAY TO THE BLOODY STUDIOUS STAG! SO LIFT ME TO YOUR SHOULDER ALREADY, DAMN YOU!”

Balder began to chuckle as he felt Shel beginning to climb up his body stopping his long gait he watched her deeply amused. It wasn’t the first time she wanted to sit on his shoulder, but she hadn’t done it in awhile. And as she reached his elbow he lifted it up and held his arm straight out watching her dangle precariously.

And his shoulder was large—irritatingly so—akin to the steepest part of a mountain trail that must you must push through to finally rest at its summit. She could feel her fingers slipping more and more with each passing moment that he left her there, suspended, nearly losing her grip entirely.

Perhaps I should reel it back a bit…

“I didn’t mean to shout, Crag,” Shel retracted, softening her tone back into a coo, as her dark eyes looked straight into his.

“Ya know, Sprout there are easier ways to get a piggyback ride than trying to climb me like a tree.” He let out a longer chuckle moving his arm back and forth watching the green-skinned woman swing to and fro. Like a big kid with a toy Balder smiled. “It’s not that far a drop, I’m sure you’ve fallen further.” Still he brought his other hand around and picked the Orc up and placed her upon his shoulder before continuing on his way to the Stag.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"Well, that was different." Jezibel spoke as the two entered the room. Yn followed shortly beside her, still looking hungover and tired. He let out a sigh as he dropped back onto the bed, rolling his shoulders in stiffness. He had yet taken the time to grab a hot bath, going from helping Mynx right to the impromptu meeting in the yard. Already he was thinking of places to look for supplies or information.

"Not so. I've seen several beast races come to us for attention. Our abilities to talk their language makes meeting them much easier. No having to talk human as they put it." Yn responded with a simple groan, sitting up and looking Jezi in the eyes. She held that look for a moment before turning away to pour some fresh water from their skins. As much as she would love to torture the poor guy for getting drunk, there was work to be done. Already Jezi could tell that Yn would not be a good idea for the library. Even more she would need to do most of the talking.

"Well, we should get to work. I suggest the market place or bazaars. They should have the most-" Jezibel started, already equipping weapons and the likes, only to be interrupted by Yn.

"We're going to the farms." That got the girl to stall and stare at the man. His face proved this to not be a joke.

"The farms? Why?" Jezibel questioned him, raising one eyebrow in surprise.

"When you want to hide a conversation, go where not even those who can overhear can say anything. Plus they see more travelers than anything else." Yn spoke to her, pulling off his vest and tossing it to the side.

"And what, we're gonna talk to Jeff the goat? Or maybe Steve the pig?" Jezibel asked with mirth in her voice, before Yn turned to look at her. Her face fell in a gentle 'oh' before nodding, knowing that this was not a joke. She hated to admit that she sometimes forgot that Yn could talk with animals. More so forgetting that farm animals were still animals. The last thing that came to mind when talking about animals from the wild were the domestic ones.

"Though, I would be surprised if we found a goat named Jeff. That's such a strange name." Yn spoke before they finally started moving, leaving the annex and heading for the gates of the town. It would take some time getting there, but it would be a start for them.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Enter RumTum

After gathering her axe and armor, Mynx had returned to the room she shared with Jamon, her nose scrunching up in disgust at the sounds of his soft snoring. Not taking any care to be quiet as she clamored about, the ocecat threw her belongings into a corner and pulled out the only other body suit she owned...the white leather one bought for her by Sheva a while back. Her icy blue eyes were centered on her sleeping ward as she changed, her teeth bared both in anger and pain. With a huff she offered him a sturdy kick as she exited, relaying the message that they were all to meet outside the Annex for words from the Giant.

It was a long affair, at least in the cat’s mind. She already knew her place, her inability to read leaving her on a quest into town. She fidgeted, keeping to the outskirts of the gathering and occupying her mind with more important matters, such as the smell in the air...unwashed bodies....fermented alcohol...and perfume. As soon as Balder finished his rambling, Mynx slinked away, following the scents she had gathered in search of the woman her ward had spent his night entertaining.

Rose petals...an overpowering and heady scent, Mynx mused as she walked along the dirt road, retracing her path from earlier that morning...only in the opposite direction. She paid little heed to anyone she encountered, knowing her kind was looked upon poorly in this town, her eyes and nose focused on the ground. Every shift of her clothing caused her agitation, the whip marks still raw despite Yn’s ministrations. As typical of her feline cousins, she held grudges fiercely, her lips tightly pursed as she finally reached her destination.

Bull’s Head Tavern….the words plastered across the entrance meant little to the cat as she crossed the threshold under them, just a mingle of letters, some of which she recognized. The bar’s interior held little resemblance to the Rogue’s Gallery in Balefire, but the ruffians that shuffled about were of the same design. Thieves. Merchants. Whores. Barmaids. It was the last that Mynx focused on, her acute sense of smell separating the cloying mix of scents and filtering them. It wasn’t long before the aroma of the flower representing love drifted past her, the cat narrowing her eyes and smirking.

A short time later the ocecat found herself sitting at a table with a bottle of spiced rum before her. The pretty blonde barmaid sat opposite, the young woman wearing a tight fitting corset which pushed her breasts up, forcing them to be noticed. She was slender otherwise, like the thief Jezibel, and the cat had no problem picturing Jamon becoming smitten. She was an attractive woman, even the cat had to admit that. She looked so soft and feminine--a delicious treat--and she was Mynx’s companion for at least a few minutes--however long the length of the girl’s break.

The cat filled both shot glasses and passed one over to Fray, her expression friendly and open. “We share friend,” she mused aloud, “...young man named Jamon.” She tilted her head sideways, a knowing look on her face. When the barmaid nodded with a charming smile, Mynx shuddered, barely able to maintain her ruse, the corner of her mouth twitching slightly.

“He say...look for Fraellia...she patch you up quick,” she continued with difficulty, going on to explain her situation...the whipping...which she described as unwarranted and cruel. By nature, the cat was not one to lie, but she could think of no better way to lure the girl into a room alone. She assured Fray she would pay her for her services that evening when she returned for care, her afternoon sadly occupied with business with her group. Another lie.

Their conversation continued, focusing mainly on Jamon, the barmaid obviously thinking they had a common interest as she gushed on about the young nobleman...the cat having to dig her claws into the palm of her hand to keep from lashing out. The phrases…”such a sweet boy”, “so caring and attentive”, “a true gentleman”...left the blushing girl's lips, the ocecat merely nodding as her elongated teeth bit into her lower lip. Her jealousy raging, the cat finally exited the tavern with the nearly full bottle of rum in her hand, her other raised in a friendly wave of goodbye.

For the good part of an hour Mynx walked the town’s marketplace, drinking the rum as she perused the wares. She was not a seasoned drinker, nor could she hold it well, her stomach purging its contents on more than one occasion during that time. She was completely inebriated. If nothing else, the liquor numbed the pain of the lashing, as well as any coherent thoughts she might have tried to have. After tossing the empty bottle she made one attempt to retreat into the branches of a tree for solitude, instead finding herself laying on the ground looking up, a misplaced step her folly.

Mynx had no idea how long she had lain there with her back dully aching and her head spinning at a dizzying speed before her eyes focused again. She was roused by an insistent bunting against her hand, and every attempt to push away the bothersome pest was met with resistance, forcing the ocecat to lift her head and acknowledge it. Emerald green eyes, surrounded by coarse grey striped fur, met hers, a mangy tomcat with intelligence behind his stare. Another bump...and Mynx lifted her hand to run it over the scar-landen head of the once handsome beast.

She continued to pet him, donning him RumTum Tiger as she scratched him behind his torn ears. Thin, but not overly so (perhaps just down on his luck), she decided they should go on a hunt together...beastfolk and cat.

Despite her origins, Mynx did not speak the domestic cat language, but she could understand the feline’s movements and mannerisms easily enough. She vocalized in her native tongue in an attempt to communicate, making chirring noises and purring as she led RumTum into a back alley away from the market. He trotted behind her with his tail held high, his nails making clicking noises on the hard packed earth. Her steps were not as agile, her feet weaving as she tried to maintain her equilibrium. It was not a pretty sight, but their hunt was successful, the ocecat managing to scare out a few large rats right into the path of the waiting feline.

As RumTum ate his fill, Mynx found a corner to curl up in, wrapping her body tightly into itself. She fell into a fitful sleep fairly quickly, the grey tiger falling in beside her after his meal, using her as she used so many...for her warmth.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default A Complication

The morning sun just started to crest the horizon as Su Lin finished early morning exercise. She had seen the males staggering into the Annex earlier and could tell that young Jamon has sustained injuries during their bonding night. This was something the pup needed if he were ever going to survive the Palace life that he would live .. if he lived that long.

In Mynx room, Jamon restlessly slept still in pain yet comfortably thinking of the lovely woman he spent the night with. His dreamworld is shattered as Mynx’s kick brings him back to reality. His eyes begin to focus upon Mynx as she changes into another bodysuit. Just as he is ready to ask his mistress if she is okay, Mynx heads out of the room. Now aware that the Rogues are assembling in the courtyard, Jamon struggles to change into other clothes, his broken right arm makes this task difficult and painful. Moments later Jamon makes his way to the courtyard where the other Rogues are assembling. Jamon steps close to Mynx yet she oddly does not speak to him. He decides it is better not to press the matter to stay potential claw marks across his face.

Having bathed and dressed earlier, Su Lin meets the others as they assembled for their assignments. She already has taken note of young Jamon’s arm, by the way it is wrapped – obviously the child managed to have his strong arm broken. The scrapes and cuts on his face is another tell tale sign that he more than likely was involved in a brawl. With most the other Rogues unscathed it becomes also apparent the child was involved in a fight for sport. She stares toward the child giving him a disapproving shake of the head folding her arms across her chest though inwardly comforted that Adam has given him experience that she is unable to provide.

Having received the assignments, Jamon turns to speak to Mynx however she disappears without a word. This is concerning as he wonders if he is going to be punished for staying out with the other men. Jamon slowly turns in the direction of Su Lin who is already halfway across the courtyard approaching him. As she is a few paces away, Jamon reaches his left hand to his chest nodding slightly, his tone formal
    “Gentle day Mistress Mok, I pray the previous evening was well for you.”

Refraining from showing the inward smile, her features remain blank, her tone flat as she reaches her hand to her chest returning the nod
    “Thank you young asset to Miss Mynx, the evening was well..” not fully recalling all the details, how those liquid grapes cause lapses in the mind “.. how did your eve with Master Adam fare?”

Although she does not have as acute senses as Mynx, Su Lin picks up on the odor of a feminine fragrance now understanding more why Mynx disappeared so quickly.

Jamon slightly moves his right shoulder in Su Lin’s direction
    “Master Adam allowed me to interact in a fight in the tavern we were in. I injured my arm in the process.”

Su Lin rolls her eyes
    “You may as well have told me that the sun in overhead. Even one without vision could see that. Tell me, were you victorious?”

“Yes Miss Mok, Master Yn and I were victorious last eve.” with a sense of pride in his tone. “.. Miss Mok, I also met the most wonderous girl last eve..”

Su Lin cuts him off mid-sentence “That too even the blind could see, if you still belonged to me, I would be off to have a conversation with the girl you were with. The difference between myself and Miss Mynx, after my conversation, the girl might still live.”

A look of dread washes over Jamon
    “What can I do, I do not want harm to come to Fray..”

“Farmers who plant crops do not want heat to kill their seed. Tell me young sire, if one took a possession from your father, what would your father do?”

Without thought Jamon responds “He would put them to the sword…” a look comes across his face connecting the dots “…Miss Mok, what am I to do, I do not want harm to come to Fray, she is a sweet girl.”

In a cold impersonal tone “You can only keep her in your memory, what will happen, will happen.” These are hard words this boy needs to hear if he were someday to live long enough to rule a Kingdom. Unspoken were the thoughts that even though it would be Mynx nature to kill the girl and mark Jamon for his straying, Mynx also was under the guidance of the Elder Rogue who teaches death only where required, a trait she herself is trying to come to terms with. Under her own honor code, she would be duty bound to offer to kill the girl that used the possession given to Mynx. The words and wisdom spoken by Elder Harken on her first meet still hold with her. She however will not allow this child any hope that his girl might live through Mynx encounter. She dryly orders “Follow me.” as she turns and proceeds toward town.

Not having an opportunity to protest and with Miss Mok walking away, Jamon reluctantly follows mumbling under his breath. After a distance going through the back streets, Su Lin ends up outside a small bath house. She enters offering a soft smile to the elderly couple of this establishment before turning her head toward Jamon “Inside now.”

The elderly couple do not offer their usual polite exchange with Su Lin realizing she is with someone, the elder woman simply offers
    “Your usual Miss?”

Su Lin nods as the woman escorts her and Jamon to a small back of the house room sliding open the door. Su Lin provides the elderly woman with a small gold coin valued at three times what the couple take in during a usual week. There is a small pool in the middle of the room as the woman offers “Water is freshly changed dear and at a warm temperature, let me know if you need any additional boiling water to make it warmer.”

Su Lin crouches down by the pool and runs her hand in the warm water offering in an unusually pleasant tone “This is perfect as usual Mrs. Bucholz.” standing looking back to the woman, her husband entering with fresh towels “Please considering staying and having something to eat with us before you leave my dear.” Mr. Bucholz, much like Elder Harken, was always straight to the point, he would never play to the shell Su Lin put on that she was a ruthless, cold blooded assassin, he looked to her more as a troubled daughter. And Su could never hide the smile when she was talking with Mr. Bucholz, her tone unusually – well – unusual to Jamon – pleasant and soft “That would be kind of you, we would be honored at the gracious invitation.”

Mrs. Bucholz had already left the room and as Mr. Bucholz passes by Jamon, in a humored tone at Jamon’s shocked expression “Close your mouth child. Our Suzie does bite but if she brings you here, she is ready to let you see she is human.” before turning to step out and slide the door closed.

As Mr. Bucholz exits, Su Lin resumes a cold tone as she examines Jamon’s right arm.
    “Who ever set this did an acceptable job. As you have always trained with your right arm as your dominate sword arm, you will be defenseless for weeks. I should put steel through your heart now so you can be born again on your terms, not those of another.”

Jamon simply looks into Su Lin’s brown eyes, no hesitation in his response, no fear in his voice
    “I will have wisdom to better protect myself in my next birth, my only prayer would be that I learn from another like you in my next life.”
    Inwardly, there still is a fear in the words she speaks but knows that showing fear will only gain him a slap across the side of the head, that and he is gaining an understanding on why she is always so hard on him. The display and her soft tone to the elder couple somehow doesn’t surprise him as much as if he had seen that weeks earlier.

A rare smile forms as she still dryly replies
    “You are finally ready, we will train these next weeks on using dagger and use of your steel in your non dominate hand.” while she slips a small vial from a pocket and pours it into the water running her hand into the pool allowing the liquid to mix within the water. She stands and turns toward Jamon
    “Now undress and step into the pool.”

There is a moments hesitation as Jamon bites at his lower lip. He has undressed with Mynx, with Fray, but felt an unusual shyness around Su Lin. Her words of “You need enter while the water is still warm..” were softer than he expected. Jamon slips out of his clothes as his face feels warm, the blush not paid any attention by Su Lin as he finishes undressing and steps into the pool. The water feels soothing as areas of pain seem to feel less intense. Looking toward Su Lin for additional instruction, she is seen twisting her hair setting it in a bun while slipping a silver pin holding her hair in place. She then grasps a velvet looking piece of purple cloth holding it in hand.

Jamon bites at his lower lip as Su Lin slips out of her clothes and steps into the pool close to Jamon while dipping the velvet cloth into the water. He looks at her features, having mentally thought her skin would be scarred much like Sir Faltskog or other of his fathers Knights yet her skin was smooth with the exception on the scar in the middle of her chest from an arrow. Her skin glistened as the water runs off, he feels a slight tremble as she approaches, her words are soft
    “There is a liquid in the water that will speed the healing of your injuries…” the words seem to drift past him as he could not keep from looking into her eyes. Eyes he feared and even hated weeks ago, the hands he hated touching and slapping him days ago feel soft against his chest as she stands in front of him dipping the cloth into the water running the cloth along his chest and arms. She continues speaking softly as she runs the cloth over his right arm, the words lost as he only focuses on those cold, ruthless, hateful, murderess, soft beautiful brown eyes.

Su Lin continues caressing his chest and arms with the cloth allowing the potion to seep into his pours. The lost pup from weeks ago has certainly been through quite a bit, she is amazed that he has managed to keep himself alive as long as he did. This spoiled royal, useful for only feeding animals in the forest when this life is reborn, one who would mate with a pile of rocks if he thought there was a snake in it, the child she should have run her steel into or allowed the slavers keep the boy, those soft innocent hazel eyes, the gentleness of his personality, the softness of his skin as she pressed closer to him as they fell into a gentle embrace. Their lips softly touched as they fell into their first kiss. Jamon could only whisper “I have always hated you…” with her reply “I should have left you to be reborn by slavers…” was softly whispered back as they were lost in a soft embrace, he was the first to whisper “…then why can’t I live without you…”

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast