Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

"How in the black night did I get stuck with researching duty?" Adam grumbled to himself as he tossed another useless book about lost treasure theory aside. He would never have guessed how many books were written that just spewed baseless theory and unconnected thoughts across five-hundred plus pages.

He was always tutored with practical books in his youth. Etiquette, Law, Horsemanship, Survival, his books were full of things that a warrior and King would actually need to know to rule his people well. "Ill-used knowledge is wasted knowledge" as his father would always say. If he didn't plan on becoming a Scholar at the University what use would he have for the Hypothetical Theory of Artificer Study? His eyes hurt as he stared at the still dreadfully tall stack of books on the table besides him. How anyone could enjoy doing this all day was lost on the one-eyed man.

Inside the library there's no real way to tell the passing of time. The windows were all in the front of the large building so once you got away from their halo of light it was all orange flame candles and weird magic orbs that changed color at random along the red light spectrum. Could've anywhere from a half-hour to several hours since Adam and his fellow researchers walked into this dreary place to chase ghost stories and faery tales. His tutors would've kicked his ass had they caught him wasting his time with lost treasure like the Tears of the Ice Queen.

Rubbing his scruffy bearded face he leaned back in his chair, his newly golden eye burned in the presence of magic he now learned, and the fact the Great Library was built of magic sure wasn't helping his focus. He needed some air, getting up he picked his coat up off the chair and began walking, but as he moved the coat something fell out of his pocket. It landed with a soft thud sending up dust motes as it impacted the heavily worn rug. Turning and looking down he remembered the small red book Vel had given him not too long ago. She showed him a passage talking about Tears before she wandered off to do some more research. He had honestly not been paying attention since he couldn't read her note very well in the dark of the library. Picking it up and flipping to the marked pages he scanned it quickly. It talked about an expedition undertaken by an ancient member of the Mountain Father Religion. An Archbishop Ramiel or something as he recalled, as he read the notes over a second time lightning struck his brain. Putting the red book back in his pocket he jumped back towards his pile of unread books tossing them aside frantically as he searched for something.

When the Senior Scribe had been gathering the books he dropped an old leather bound book that looked to be a journal of some kind on the front was a name that started with R it was placed on the table and forgotten about by both Adam and the Scribe. Half a minute later of searching and Adam found the journal. Opening it he followed Vel's notes and found the answer he was looking for. "In the South four Tears have found their final cradles. One found in unification, one in division, one in forgiveness, and the last in submission. Aside from the direction of South which obviously meant around the Dominion the rest was gibberish to the warrior, but it gave them a direction at least. Grabbing the journal and the little red book Vel found Adam moved quickly from the library looking to spread the good news.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 06-17-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Selene slipped away into the shadows as soon as the cat stalked off. There was a certain air around her master that made her...frankly, the young lycan wasn’t quite sure. The feeling wasn’t guilt per say but a feeling of despair and disappointment in herself. If she hadn’t been injured, if she had reacted just a bit sooner, if she had been allowed to stay by his side, the whole incident with the cat could have been avoided. Tristifer had held the whip and every slash made Selene internally flinch but her eyes showed no emotion. She had no pity for those who broke the rules - and were dumb enough to get caught. It was the rules of the bandits - anything goes so long as you aren’t caught. And if you are caught, you bear the punishments. The countless bruises and scars that adorned her body were a direct reminder.

Her eyes watched Tristifer spin on his heels and head away, not bothering to look in her direction. From the set of his jaw, she guessed he wanted to be left alone. Watching him go, she sighed before looking around the courtyard. The other rogues didn’t seem to notice her, the vampire stalking off after the cat and the giant distracted. Slowly, she moved away towards the archway leading towards town, slipping out into the streets, holding her breath and releasing it only when the last of the rogues was out of sight. Regardless of what Tristifer said, she was a prisoner or a captive or a slave and not too certain how the rest of the group would react to her wandering off to see the city. And see the city she wanted to indeed. Yesterday had been mind boggling and while she followed the archer, she wasn’t able to fully take in all the sights and smells of the market.

The thought was indeed alluring but seeing the man turn back to his room from the corner of her eye, the girl sighed and turned to trail after him. She didn’t bother to look around, relying more so on her other senses as she paused at the entrance to the building, rolling on the balls of her feet. With a sigh, she forced herself to keep moving away from the open air, her footsteps soundless on the wooden floors. As she approached the door, she slid to a halt, narrowing avoiding a forehead collision when it swung open and her master stood there. Handing her a note and instructions, he just as quickly slammed it shut, the dust that rose making her sneeze a few times violently before turning on her heels and trotting away.

The library was a wee way from the tavern and, following more the scent left by the company that she had gotten used to than by any other means, Selene slowly started along, making sure that she didn’t attract any attention to herself from those around, gently covering her arm to avoid it being accidentally jarred or hit against something. The road took her through less busy streets and, through some of the alleys, she caught sight of shops displaying colourful ribbons and fabrics, various spices and some trinkets she couldn’t quite identify. Deciding to take the long route back to where Tris had told her to meet him, the young lycan trotted on towards the building that people did research at - whatever that was. Stopping before an old building with slim, shaded windows and a variety of scholarly folk walking in and out, she tried to catch her breathe, thinking at the same time. The library with all the books and scrolls intimidated her - frankly, she felt goosebumps on her skin. For a second, she debated asking someone else to pass it on to the one-eyed man but with a small growl, forced herself to move. Her master specifically asked her to deliver the note to the recipient and she wasn’t about to make him angry.

As she reached for the door, it swung open with huge force. Only her wild reflexes saved her nose from a direct impact as the man she was looking for strode out of the library. Letting out a sigh of immense relief, Selene grabbed him by the sleeve with her hand, getting his attention and quickly slipped him the note. Not bothering to wait for further instructions, she trotted off, leaving the rogue to deal with whatever was inside. Giving into her temptation, she ended up turning towards the market place, slowing down to thread aimlessly among the different stands, observing what the vendors had for sale. At one, she saw jewels of various dancing colours, some shining blue and others red, some violet and a couple tine stones of a plain milty white. Beside that stall, an old woman sold dried flowers and herbs, a white teardrop flower layed out with blue and violet weeds, all dried in the sun and - from the thick accent of the vendor - possessing special qualities from luck to lust to healing properties of sorts.

Moving on, Selene’s eyes took in vendors selling shoes and dresses, men’s tunics and exotic blades - curved in various shapes and with hilts encrusted in runes or letters of some kind. In a particular section of the market, sellers yelled offering all sorts of food for sale from fresh fish to meat, cheese, milk, bread and spices. Certain farmers sold vegetables and grain on the side, more expensive and exotic merchants offering fine furs or other components of animals. Further along, she saw a woman dressed in colourful clothes sitting at the entrance to a small tent, a crystal ball in front of her. Taking one look at Selene, the woman hissed in some unknown tongue, spitting on the ground and making a sign against evil. Not wanting to make a scene but with her heart racing, the young lycan hurried along, trying to keep her eyes to the ground. Somehow, the old foreigner knew her secret just by looking at her - perhaps, others could too?

The encounter spoiled her desire to be around people, every look now seeming too interested, every yell a combination of curse about wolves, every accidental touch - an attempt to capture one of her kind. Slipping into one of the more secluded and shadowed streets, Selene took a deep breathe, trying to steady herself. She should be focusing on finding her master - after all, judging by the sunlight, she had spent a good hour or so just taking in the sights of the busiest part of town. Patience has never been the old bandit’s virtue and there was no reason to assume it would be her new master’s for all that the archer did seem to possess more patience and composure than anyone she had known previously. Patience, composure and no fear.

Sighing, she tried to catch the scent of the man in the wind, allowing the wolf nature to become more apparent, feeling the itching of her canine’s as they grew a tad longer and knowing that her irises took on an animal form. Scrunching up her nose as an array of less than pleasant smells hit her all at once and trying to focus on the one she needed, the young woman slowly started towards the docks. A few wrong turns and dead ends later, she found herself approaching a rather old looking building, well kept for the most part, a faded sign attached by the door. Pulling up her hood, Selene continued on, glancing around her at scandalously dressed women and drunk men, ready to grope them. A couple times, she slid out of the way of an uncoordinated grab, her lips lifting in a silent growl. Of all the places for her new master to be….this seemed the most logical one.

It wasn’t that she didn’t expect it - she should have. The old bandit often ended up in such establishments whenever he had money, dragging his dog along to laugh and display. Half the time, it was a simple ploy to get them both into town and once he departed upstairs, Selene would go to dispose of whatever man he desired to kill next. Over the years, the lycan started to hate the smell of cheap perfume, beer and piss that came from such places. Trying not to think too much, she pulled the door, slipping inside and letting her eyes adjust to the light. Taking a few deep breaths, she tried to push the wolf back down within her though it was harder than it looked. Growling in her throat, she slunk further into the shadows, deciding to look around for Tristifer and hopefully get out of here.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Unlike his trip to the orphanage Tristifer was fairly obvious about where he was going. Tristifer pulled up the door to the building and stepped into the foyer. Once an opulent inn, that roomed visiting nobles, it was now a brothel that catered to those same nobles, and the children they sent to the university. The hostess’ smile widened as she recognized the rogue. Tris offered her a sad smile and a shake of his head. “Sorry luv, still working. I do need to speak to her though.”

The hostess motioned one of a small group of boys over. The runners briefly (and somehow politely) fought to be the one at the podium. The hostess leaned down and motioned towards Tris. “Take him to see Mama.”

With a nod the boy started a few steps, before stopping looking impatiently at the archer. Tris quirked an eyebrow and shrugged at the hostess before following the boy. They moved down a hall and through a quiet dimly lit restaurant, and through a door into a well lit common room. Tristifer studied the renovated ballroom, noting the excellent craftsmanship for the added levels. His eyes swept the open tables and the curtained booths. He stopped just inside the door and tilted his head listening to the girl singing on the stage.

The runner impatiently coughed, and bright Tristifer’s attention to him with a frown. “Everytime you rush me boy, the coin I’m going to give you gets smaller.”

The boy's eyes widened briefly, before Tris waved him onward. The pair moved through the common room toward a raised booth in the far corner near the stage. As the moved Tris smiled greetings at the girls he recognized and offered apologetic nods for the gentleman accompanying them. The boy slowed as they grew nearer to their destination. Tris sighed, dropped a penny into the lad’s hands and sent him back to the lobby.

Tristifer approached the booth, his eyes sliding past the thugs standing toward the bottom of the stairs. The archer had eyes only for the woman sitting at the table. It was hard to judge her age, grey hairs and all. She wore a warm smile that was at once friendly and caring. And though she owned the establishment, she dressed in sensible comfortable clothing. It was easy to see why everyone called her Mama, after all that’s what she reminded you of.

As he neared one of the thugs moved to stop him, a warm voice drifted down. “Don’t bother. You won’t find them all.” Mama laughed softly and motioned Tris to join her at her table.

Tristifer returned the smile and joined her at the table. He’s eyes again scanned the common room and realized he could see everything. Even those curtained booths had carefully placed mirrors to ensure Mama wasn’t losing any business behind them. “It’s always a pleasure to see you Mama.”

“And you Tristifer.” Mama was the only one Tris knew who insisted on always using his full name. “I’m surprised none of my girls are with you.” She commented off handedly.

“Sadly I’m working.” Tris replied with a shrug. He’s had to dance this dance a time or two before. There are individual’s like Mama everywhere Tris has ever been. Individuals who have a finger in most everything, and so are generally not to be trifled with. “That’s actually why I’m here Mama I’d li-”

“You’d like to pump my girls for information without the pumping hmm?” She asked with a laugh. Tris tried to smile disarmingly, as Mama continued. “What are you asking about?”

Tris shrugged. “The usual, any other mercenaries in the area, rumors about contracts and possible jobs, information on magic users in the Ice Court, Bounties posted, Caravans roaming around….”

Mama nodded, as Tris listed off subjects. He noticed her brief pause as he mentioned the Ice Court. WHen he trailed off she motioned towards a curtained booth. “As long as your drinking you can use that booth. I’ll loan you a runner to ask after your friends.”

“Thank you Mama.” Tristifer said with a pleasant smile and stood. “Shall I say good night before I leave?”

The pleasant looking woman shook her head and waved him away. And Tris made his way to the curtained booth. Tris gave a name to the runner, ordered a large glass of ale and pulled the curtains closed.

Selene watched the hustle of the room for a few minutes longer before slipping around the shadows, making sure to stay out of sight. Her eyes observed the different entrances and exits, watching various groups of people walk into doors of rooms or head down corridors, talking among themselves, the woman batting eyelashes. A few young boys - messengers or the sort - scurried around with purpose, usually bringing some sort of rich looking patron to their desired destination. Waiting until the hallway she felt was the right one cleared, she slipped into it, her eyes taking in the surroundings but not having much time to linger on the details.

Old paintings in ancient battered frames, some needing a good dusting. Fancy rugs worn from age and use. Delicate pieces of china or other trinkets, standing on well-made wooden side tables. Full bouquets of flowers adorning vases and giving the pathway a mix of fragrances. Growling in annoyance as they made her nose itch, she trotted on silently, stopping when the corridor hit a crossroad. Taking a moment, she turned right and within a few paces, the corridor opened up to a small room with various booths, curtains drawn to reveal the empty ones. In the far corner, a single booth was drawn closed. Smiling so that her fangs were exposed, Selene quietly approached, pausing for a second before slipping behind the curtain.

Her eyes met with Tristifer’s and she looked away, drawing her eyes down to the floor. Smoothing out her breathing, she tried to force the wolf down once more, praying for more luck. Her teeth itched but when her tongue touched the fangs, she nearly pierced it. Wincing, she pulled the cloak further down to hide her eyes, grasping her hands behind her back. “I am sorry I am a late master.”

Tristifer quirked an eyebrow. He motioned to the bench opposite the one he sat on. “That’s not my name pup.”

“Master….Tristifer,” she managed quietly, sliding onto the soft material. “I got...distracted on the way back.”

Tristifer sighed as she once again called him Master. “That wasn’t what I meant. And by what?”

“I went through the marketplace,” Selene sighed, giving up on hiding her fangs and eyes, instead looking up through her eyelashes. “I got curious ever since we walked there last night. I am sorry.” She hoped he would understand - an apology for this morning, for the whiplashes he delivered, for her actions to put him in that situation.

Tristifer asked “Did you buy anything?” As he peeked beyond the curtain. His eyes scanned for the first girl.

“I wasn’t sure you would approve of stealing,” it was the first resemblance of a joke to pass her lips and Selene winced inwardly, prepared to be scolded for it. The truth was, she had no money and even then, she wasn’t sure her new master would approve of her buying useless trinkets she found captivating.

“Only if you get caught.” Tristifer said off handedly. Turning from the curtain he motioned for the girl to slide further in. Moment’s later a woman stepped through the curtain. Tris motioned her to sit next to the pup. “Sorry for the public visit Marie.”

The girl smiled and shrugged, studying Selene briefly. “You’ll just have to make it up to me hun.”

Tristifer smiled, “Count on it.” He said before beginning to ask a number of vague questions. Most of them were about the weather, some were about missing pets. The questions then drifted into more serious subjects like rumored contracts. Finally Tris asked her about the Ice Court. Marie stiffened at the directness, and shared what little information she had.

As she left Tris, sent the runner for the next girl. “So, you’re looking a bit wild there pup.”

“It’s not intentional master….Tristifer. It was the easiest way to find you,” Selene relaxed a bit when the girl left. The perfume, although probably appeasing to most men, was too strong for her senses now and the way the girl acted made Selene almost want to puke. Regardless, she remained motionless, keeping her eyes anywhere away from the woman named Marie. Taking the slight break when she was alone with the man, she got more comfortable, taking on a position where she could easily watch the edge of the curtains that currently acted as a barrier. In the background, she could hear two pairs of footsteps approaching. “Why do you come to such a place?”

“Weren’t you paying attention?” Tristifer asked. He turned his full attention to the girl sipping his ale while waiting for her reply.

“She was nervous when you asked about the snow,” Selene shrugged, remembering the change in breathing and the scent of fear that erupted from the woman once Tristifer mentioned the Ice Court.

“Ice court, Not Snow.” Tristifer corrected. “I haven’t really needed information about them before, so have to be direct.” Tris shook his head, “Direct isn’t healthy, thus the fear. So did that answer your question?”

“Why not? The cat is pretty direct about her hate towards me,” the words slipped out before Selene could stop herself. Looking up at him with frightened eyes, she looked away. “I didn’t mean it.” She was spared from further conversation as the curtains opened revealing another woman smiling at Tris.

Tristifer smiled at the newcomer. “Hello Rose.” He offered. Repeating the process he did with Marie. The section about the weather continued longer than the previous conversation. Rose barely paused when Tristifer was direct about the Ice Court, and soon the conversation ended. Rose left and Tristifer sent the boy to the bar before he sent the runner after another girl.

Turning back to the pup Tristifer raised his eyebrow. “So wanna explain what that was all about?”

“She likes the weather,” Selene offered.

Tris frowned. “You know what I meant pup.” Tris took the drinks from the server and set one before the girl. “So, what was that all about?”

“It’s the truth,” the wolf bit her lip, forgetting about her state and drawing blood. The metallic taste tinged her tongue and she growled, annoyed at herself for forgetting. “She won’t let it go...and I won’t hold back next time.

“Stand up for yourself if you have to.” Tris said with a shrug, “But don’t stir things up unless you want what she received.”

Tris took another pull from his drink. “And I promise you, that it will be worse for you.” He said it matter of factly, His casual smile returned after a moment. “So, do you want to continue to talk about Mynx, or would you like to see if I’ve answered your question.”

“As you wish,” Selene looked down, scholded. What she spoke was the truth - her truth. She would not stand down to a cat again. And yet, if she fought, she would break the man’s good graces and then, who knew what he would do to her? It’s not like she would be in a position to fight back. Where would she go after that?

Tris slammed his hand down flat on the table. The noise shook the table and startled people outside the curtain. “What did I say?”

“I want to know the answer,” she responded.

“I come here because places like this know everything.” Tristifer’s eyes narrowed at the girl. “Every secret passes through buildings like this. And I come here to learn what I can about those secrets that matter to me. My turn for a question. Why don’t you listen to what I say?”

“I am never sure what it is you want me to hear,” Selene met his eyes with a bit of defiance. “You are my master and when you need me to pay attention, you will tell me. All else I observe is of no use for you until you ask.”

Tristifer sighed. “No. I’m not your ‘Master” Sarcasm dripped from his lips as he said the word. “If anything I’m your warden. Most importantly, I’m no gentrified blue blood whose every word has a double meaning.”

“What I say is exactly what I mean.”

“What’s a...warden?” Selene tasted the word on her lips, confused as to its meaning. She had heard it before but never cared to learn the content. No one bothered to explain it to her either.

“A warden is someone who is responsible for supervising someone or something. I’m responsible for watching you. That’s it. I don’t own you. You are responsible for yourself. That means show some fucking spine.”

“You want me to take my shirt off?” Selene raised an eyebrow, still not fully sure what he meant. To her, it sounded the same as a master but if he so desired to be called, who was she to oppose him. Her eyes did sparkle with a hidden, wild amusement at her words.

“I want you to stand up for yourself. To take care of yourself.” Tristifer said with a shrug as he motioned her to quiet down. “Afternoon Selene, glad you could join us.” Tristifer said to the girl who joined them. Starting the next batch of questions.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Excuse me Miss, can you help me find the folklore section?” Yn asked, drawing the attention of the scribe at the desk. He could see the mild disdain on her face, taking in his rather large frame and covering of hair under his vest. She thankfully didn’t respond other than to nod and motion for the two of them to follow her. She motioned them to follow and headed into the library itself, the rows of books and scrolls feeling rather cramped for Yn. He was thankful that Faur hadn’t asked to come with him to this place. The poor guy would have been left bored out of his fur outside there. He couldn’t even imagine being in this place if not for research.

“So, what are we looking for here?” Jezibel asked while reading over the spines, trying to discern what information they could gather here. She could recognise some of them when she had taken the time to actually read stuff, as she preferred gathering information from people rather than words. Yn nodded and began riffling through the shelves as well, fingers trailing along the spines searching for a title that would fit. Few fit the phrase he was looking for before pulling them out, either handing them to Jezibel to hold onto, or putting it down on the nearby table.

“We’re looking for anything mentioning creatures of the night, hairless and able to walk on two feet. Not sure what name they might be using, so anything matching that description should work.” Yn spoke as the two of them sat down, picking up the first book on local folktales and fairytales. Jezibel looked at him with a raised eyebrow before shrugging her shoulders and starting on reading. Silence stretched between them as they flipped through the pages, the crinkle of the paper being the only break in between them.

Yn had to resist groaning as he flipped through the pages, looking for any titles or words that might pull his interest on the pictures. Yn could finally make sense of why he hadn’t been relegated to working in here and working the land. Jezibel seemed a bit more relaxed about the work here, but even he could see the boredom in his eyes. Her bored eyes flicked over the pages as she flipped through them, and Yn followed suit, occasionally making a note on anything that seemed to work well with what he was hoping to find. Occasionally the scribe came to check on them, though probably was more worried about the conditions of her books more than anything else.

After what seemed like a few hours for the two of them had a much smaller stack of books, 5 in total with different stories that centered around similar ideas. Yn smiled at the small accomplishment as he pulled the books to the center, arranging them so that each story could at least be read. Wordlessly, he moved his fingers over them, comparing and judging them together before finally nodding and motioning to two of them for Jezi.

“The beasts of night, and the Man beasts? Yeah, a decent portion of the tribe childs learn about these. Beasts that walk on two legs that travel the night to snap up children who are caught out late. What about it?” Jezibel asked, feeling even more that this had been a waste of time.

“My people have a similar story, but we call them the Sovereign. Unlike these stories, they are real.” Yn spoke, flipping the pages until he could motion to the pictures. The pages were decorated with images of wild boars, pigs or other beasts, walking upright and bearing humanoid features.

“They dwell in deep caves, as their bare skin offers no comfort. They hunt at night, stealing young children and animals to feed themselves, and offer a warning to young Dushakin, a very grave one.” Yn spoke in humble tones. Jezibel could feel the weight of his words as she looked at the young man, who was slowly looking older than his age could be.

“The young of the Dushakin undergo a ritual to be bonded mind and soul with our other half, like Faur and I. The sovereign make a mockery of this, by consuming the beast both heart and soul, stealing their life and powers. While this does offer amazing strength and all the prowess of the beasts, yet lost their minds to the voices of the lost. No one really knows their homes, but … this is honestly the first time I have heard of another creature nearby. By all rights, I should hunt them down and relieve those animals that have been bound to those greedy human souls.” Yn spoke, anger rising in his voice as he stared at the images, a dark cloud hanging over him. Jezi looked him over, before letting out a sigh and placing a hand over the image, covering it up.

“That’s not our mission right now, and you know it. We’ll alert the city guards and let them know what’s going on here. If there is time when we get the current job done, then we can come back.” Jezi spoke, watching the tense form of Yn finally slump inwards, knowing just how much it must hurt to have to let someone else deal with a problem. Especially one that cut so close to the soul.

“Yeah… yeah. Lets head back to the rooms for now, and we can move on from there.” Yn said with a defeated air, looking at the pictures one last time before closing the book. They had more pressing things to take care of, and right now this was not their job. Though he wouldn’t forget this. He would be back to deal with this, after all his other tasks first.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Siks x Koti co-op.

“Sir Balder, may I speak with you a moment.” Jarguff called out to the Giant, having to struggle some just to keep up with the pace of the Giant and the Minotaur as they headed out. He had been privy to the events of Mynx, and the distribution there of for tasks. While he hadn’t stayed around long for it, he had been keen to talk with Balder about joining, though his short stature and the others' longer strides, he had fallen behind. One would think chasing a Giant would be easy work, but one would be wrong. It wasn’t so much that one couldn’t keep them in sight. No, it was the ability of the Giant to easily outpace anyone that they wanted, and just disappear over the horizon easily.

“I have heard of your travels across the land, and I know of your ties to Dagur of the Rogue’s Gallery. I would have made the trip to the main guild, but fortune smiles that I found you much closer.” Jarguff spoke up to the Giant, placing his hands on his hips just to lean back and look Balder in the eyes.

Balder had let Shel off at the entrance to the town. He knew the Orc woman was never one to mill around a tavern with what equates to a couple of old men catching up on the glory days. Once he heard the gruff voice behind him he stopped and looked down...and down...and down. At the bearded face of the Dwarf who had accompanied Faur and Ashvel the night before, he smiled down at the stout warrior. “Ah Master Dwarf, I did not see you back there. Please accept my apologies.” Kneeling down Balder nodded to the Dwarf. “How can I help you?”

“It is fine Sir Balder. I take no offence.” Jarguff brushed off the giants concerns, knowing that their difference in height would make it a bit hard for him to be seen. Allowing Balder to kneel down, Jarguff gave him a broad smile and crossed his arms.

“I wish to join the Rogue’s Gallery. I am searching for a place to make my own name, and having a famous guild to tie my name with would be a great boone. I offer my services as a Blazemane smithie and warrior.” Jarguff got right to the point, knowing it was better to be honest than beat around the bush for what he was after. His family had made that a point, never dig around the vein, less you waste your pick.

Balder laughed gently rubbing his chin in thought. He’s been to Ebonrock a few times and the name Blazemane is quite well spoken off in the Southern Firestone Hold. The group doesn’t have a dedicated Blacksmith now that he thinks of it. Himself and Adam can manage small repairs on the road, but neither of them have the skill or tools needed to make more weapons or armor. “Well we could always use the skills of a Smith in the Gallery, do you have all the tools needed? Also is it just Smithing or can you do Enchanting and Rune Crafting?”

“Ah yes. I do have the tools on hand for mostly basic and some advanced smithing tricks and trades, but nothing overly elaborate without more materials.” Jarguff began, giving a puff of his chest in pride. It was clear that Balder knew of his family, and already asking for his skills meant that his family name carried well.

“As for your other questions, I do have training in enchanting and rune crafting, but those do tend to take more time and work to get them right. I can work with the smithing for no fee in, but enchanting and runing will require a cost for materials.” Jarguff spoke bluntly, knowing that once his talents were known, others would be asking for his works. While his blacksmithing was low end enough cost that he wasn’t worried about doing those for free.

Balder listened to the Dwarf’s words and nodded approvingly. “Understandable, and it sounds quite impressive. Please come with me Master Dwarf, I am meeting a friend we can keep talking.” Standing back up he began moving at a smaller gait back towards the Studious Stag.

“Of course, it’ll be best to talk in a more relaxed situation.” Jarguff spoke, picking up the pace to keep stride with Balder. While the giant had slowed his gait to make it easier on him, Jarguff still had to keep up a steady pace with the man. Gratefully the trip wouldn’t be too long.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There was no way that Ashvel would be able to stop his forward motion into the cell. The light was coming closer and closer and when he finally hit the ground the indirect light from the sun began burning his tender flesh. He refused to scream as his skin burned , but he quickly placed his arms on the floor and pushed off the floor with his legs with all his strength to quickly get himself out of the sun. He turned his body so that when he struck the wall he would hit his back instead of his front. Slamming into the wall the air was knocked out of him and the dust from the cell fell from the brick.

As he was scrunching ino the corner he could feel that his skin was heavily burned and had turned black from where the light touched it. If it happened to have had direct sunlight he knew that he would have been killed. Unlike his longer lived brothers he has yet to get a resistance to direct sunlight. He would become ahs in a matter of minutes. Ashvel kept form showing any weakness in front of his tormenter as he knew it would more than likely give him a sense of satisfaction.

The guard was satisfied either way from the results. He would have preferred for the Vampire to have screamed in pain as he was burned, butto know that he was in pain was enough. At least for now. He will make him suffer even more before he makes sure he was killed. He wouldn’t let this creature go even if it cost him his life in the process. His friend would be avenged.

“Don’t worry little Vampire. You will not live to regret your actions. I will see you burn for what you did.” He said spittin on the floor as he looked over to the other prisoner. “You both might as well kill each other. Because your fates have already been sealed.” The guard said as he turned his back to the two prisoners. Walking away from the cell he turned to the man that would be guarding them. “Make sure that if they go to kill one another you kill the survivor.” The gusad said as he looked at the man. “Even if he comes and tells you differently. These things don't deserve to have a fair trial. They all deserve to die.” The guard said as he left the prison

As soon as the man left Ashvel began looking over the burns that he received and let a small hiss of pain as he was moving his arms to examine them. Even though he knew that the burns were bad he was looking them over out of habit more than anything. Yet his examination was short lived when he heard the shuffling of the other prisoner standing up. Ashvel tensed as he knew that he was at a disadvantage at the moment. If the Lycan wanted to kill him it would be as easy as could be.

Ashvel tensed as the young lycan stopped in front of him with a neutral look on his face. The Lycan reached down and grabbed Ashvel by the collar of his undershirt and lifted him up off the ground and threw him onto the other side of the cell where the shadows were more prevalent. Granted Ashvel struck the wall hard for a second time. This time he couldnt stop from yelping from the impact. The Lycan didn’t go easy on him, but at the same time he lessened the time the Vampire was exposed to the sun for a second time.

Coughing a couple of times Ashvel looked up and saw that the Lycan was approaching him once more. He was ready for the Lycan to attack him and drag him into the sunlight. Yet that was not what happened the young Lycan stopped in front of Ashvel and looked down at him with emotionless eyes. He bent down and reached out to grab Ashvels arm, grabbing a hold of it he gently looked over the charred flesh.

“You need blood.” The young lycan said as he set the arm down gently. He began to take off his shirt to offer his blood to the Vampire. Yet Ashvel as quickly as he could reached out to stop the Lycan from taking off his shirt.

“Don’t worry about it. I will be fine.”

“Can’t heal without blood.”

“I will be fine. I am not that weak to let this bother me. Besides I am not ever going to drink blood from any race. I refuse to do that again.”

"Why?"

Ashvel looked at the young man curiously as he asked why he refused to drink blood. Never has he been asked why he refused to be a normal vampire. It was hard to explain why he didn't drink blood anymore. It has to do with his past and that is one thing he wanted to forget.

"I have my reasons."

"You are strange."

"I guess I am. Thanks for your help. But why did you help? Our kind is not known for getting along. So, why?"

"Both innocent. No need to fight."

Ashvel didn’t understand what he was talking about. If he was innocent too then was this all a ruse to get rid of any cursed races that happened to get into the city? If that was the cause then Vell would be next. Yet for some reason Ashvel didn’t believe that this was a coincidence. There was no such thing in this world. At least that was his belief. However, right now might not be the best time to begin asking this Lycan. Things could change in a heartbeat, and he just might attack him. This Lycan was different from most of his kind. He seemed more docile despite their aggressive nature.

“Don’t think too much.” The lycan said as he moved away from Ashvel and took a seat at the edge of the shadows. He closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall. He acted like he was tired, but for some reason Ashvel didn’t believe that was the case.

A Lycan was more than capable of breaking out of this prison. So, why did he stay? Could he be like Ashvel? Or was there a more medical reason. Just like Vampires Lycans have weaknesses. Could they have Poisoned the young Lycan? There were too many variables, and he had no way of confirming any of them. Right at the moment he needed to worry about what these people had in mind for him.

In a separate building not far from the prison the councilman that had stopped the guard from trying to kill Ashvel sat at his desk. He was busy with the daily affairs that ocupai most of his time yet after about an hour of working on his paperwork a knock came to his door. The councilman set his paperwork down and looked at the door for a moment.

A heavy sight left his lips as he opened the drawer that held the pin that he removed from the Vampire that was accused of killing one of the guards last night. Yet he knew the truth of the matter. He knew the Vampire and Lycan were both innocent. However, they both had angered one man, and that is all it took to get them falsely accused of a crime in order for them to be pinned down. All he could do was shake his head and hope that who was knocking at his door was not him.

“Enter.” The councilman said as he held the pin in his clenched hand.

When the door opened an older man entered the room. He was tall and had greying short hair. He walked with a limp, and wore black pants, with a mustard yellow shirt, and a long black jacket that was tattered at the edges. He entered the room closing the door behind him as he limped towards the desk and took a seat in the chair that was sitting in front of the desk.

“Well looks like you are doing well. I received your letter about the Lycan I was wanting to recruit.”

“Yes. We have him imprisoned at the moment. As per your request.”

The councilman was uncomfortable at the moment. He really didn't like doing this, but he had no choice. This man knew of his past, and if he didn’t do as he was told then everyone would know what he had done. He tightened his fist around the pin as he knew what fate would become of the traitor that had been caught.

“What is wrong? You seem a little reluctant to tell me something. Are you wanting out of your debt? If that is the case there is no way I am going to allow that. So, you better shape up or else.”

The older man threatened the councilman as he knew the man didn’t want it known to the world that he was not as innocent or virtuous as the masses think he is. His hands were covered in the blood of the innocent. The counselman knew when he had been beat and lifted his hand and dropped the contents onto the table. The pin bounced around a little and finally laid to rest with the insignia facing the old man.

“Your little traitor was in the city, and is now in the prison as well.” He said bitterly as he retreated his arm back to his side. A wide grin formed on the older man's face as he picked up the pin and examined it. Though he already knew he was in the city thanks to the young lady he sent to find and keep an eye on Ashvel. Also his second in command knew he was in the area. They had been trying to get him to return to the pack, but he had bucked them this whole time.

“Well maybe I should have a little talk with him first.”

“If that is what you want I can arrange it.”

“I think that would be a good idea.”

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The councilman got up from his chair and moved to the side of his guest. Stopping there he looked down at the man. He knew good and well what this man was capable of, and that made him on edge even more.

"I will make the arrangements. I will be right back." The councilman said as he left the room to get a hold of one of the guards.

As the older man sat in the chair he fiddled with the pin that was presented to him. He had been trying to get Ashvel to return home, but he had failed in every attempt. Now he would be able to have a direct conversation with the traitor.

It didn't take the councilman long to finish his teams and return to the room where his guest was sitting. The arrangements had been made and Ashvel was being moved to a different part of the prison.

"It will take some time but everything is set up." He said passing the old man and sitting down in his chair. "I am curious where your right-hand man is?"

"That is simple. He is running an errand for me, and will be arriving here soon." The older man said with a smile. .

Tristifer had ended his trip to the brothel sooner than he had intended. After a certain bit of news was shared he immediately sent Selene to grab Balder and Adam to gather the rest of the Rogues. The archer himself had made a beeline for the city hall, Armed with only what he was wearing, it was unlikely he’d break the vampire out. So political pressure was the direction Tris leaned.

The Rogue charmed his way deep into the building, fast talking his way past the councilman’s assistant, Tris opened the door and stepped through. Pushing it closed behind him he gave his most winning smile to the men occupying the room. “I’m not interrupting am I?”

Both of the men looked at the new arrival as he entered the room and asked if he was interrupting them. A low chuckle left the older man's mouth as he shook his head. The councilman cleared his throat as he stood up and smiled at the man.

“No, you are not interrupting anything.”

The man said as he moved from his chair and began to walk to the archer that entered the room. Though he did wonder how this man was able to get past the guards as well as his assistant. He must be a smooth talker to be able to get this far. Well at least he had to give him credit for that. Though why work so hard to get this far?

“So, what brings you here this afternoon?”
    Tristifer studied both individuals. His eyes taking in every detail he could see about both. His smile widening at the denial of interruption. He reached out and clapped the councilman on his shoulder, slipping past him to slide into an empty chair. “Well there appears to have been a mistake made recently. And I think you’re the man who's capable of fixing it. Are you capable of doing so?”

The councilman tensed slightly at the informality of the man that was now in his room. He seemed too relaxed to be someone that wanted to do business with him. Yet the man sat in the empty chair in the room, and he in turn returned to his chair. After vaguely making his intentions know it only made things worse.

The older man watched as the archer made his way deeper into the room and noted that he was more heavily armed than the councilman knew. Though there was little reason to bring that up since he came in the way he did instead of in a threatening manner.

“Well look who is trying to act cool. You believe that there is really a mistake that has been made? I do doubt that something like that has happened.”

“Now, there is no reason to get defensive.” The councilman said as he just smiled at the archer. “Though I refuse to do any business with someone that I don’t know the name of. So, would you like to at least introduce yourself.”

Tristifer raised an eyebrow at the older man, however he didn’t rise to the obvious baiting. He laughed at the councilman’s reaction. “Oh, but I’m sure you do know my name, even if you don’t know my face. More importantly I’m sure you know my employer. Hell I’d wager you owe him at least a favor or two.”

The archer shrugged. “My name is Tristifer Barton, and my employer is Dagur Harken.” Tris settled comfortably in the chair, studying the councilman.

The councilman tilted his head at the fact of the man’s cocky nature. He was way too confident that he knew the man and his employer. Though he did have an idea who this man was and the reason for his visit. Just because the Vampire was imprisoned only a few hours ago. The news in this city travels fast. Especially if you knew where to ask.

Then the young archer finally introduced himself and mentioned his employer's name. This was becoming more and more complicated now that members of the Rouge Gallery had finally made their appearance. Giving a slight sigh the councilman was about to speak but was beat to the punch by his guest.

“So the little archer is throwing around a name that means very little. How can you people stand working for a man as drool as him. You should put you skills to better use than being a treasure hunter for him.” The older man said not to hold anything back. He had absolutely no respect for a man that his only lot in life was to gather treasure, and have no ambition in life. “You might as well be working as a hunter. At least they have more respect than your lot.”

“I guess I struck a nerve.” Tristifer said grinning at the councilman. Turning to the older gentleman Tris smiled gently. Like one does to a child mid tantrum. “Forgive me, I’m afraid you weren’t important enough for me to know off hand.”

“Allow me to correct a few misunderstandings. The Rogues Gallery aren’t treasure hunters. We’re what you may call specialists. Or more commonly mercenaries. “

“As for why I work where I do; It pays well and offers little restrictions.” Turning his attention back to the councilman, Tris returned to his conversation. “Do you often allow your underlings to add input to your discussions?”

The older man knew that this child was of little consequence, but him coming in and demanding that there was something that the councilman needed to correct was a little presumptuous of him. Well he was nothing more than a erand man anyway. Though he did wonder who would win if this man and 'he' fought? He clinched his fist tightly around the pin that was taken from Ashvel.

The councilman became a little uncomfortable with the two fighting. He didn't need an incident to happen in this prison. When the conversation returned to him Tristifer mentioned that the older man was his underling, and before anything else could be said he began to speak.

"I do know the man that you work for, and as for this man he is not my underling as you might think. He is here on business as well." He said as he cleared his throat once more trying to get himself calm once more. "Now you mentioned a misunderstanding. What exactly do you mean by that?"

“No.” Tristifer said directly. “I said there was a mistake. And then I asked if you were the man who was capable of fixing it. A question you’ve yet to answer; So are you capable of fixing mistakes made here, or am I wasting my time?”

"That depends on what you think the mistake is? I am not in the position to answer a question without knowing the details. I refuse to put myself in that position. So, if you are not going to answer the question of what your business is then we will have to end this conversation." He said not allowing himself to be bullied into agreeing to correct this mistake.

"Such a child." The older man said as he closed his eyes. He knew that his companion would be arriving soon. Then who knew what would happen from there. Maybe they could kill two birds with one stone.

“Your prison contains an individual it shouldn't.” Tristifer said simply. He had suspected the older man was likely involved in the situation; But that mattered little. Tristifer suspected this would not end the way he initially expected. That didn’t matter though, if this didn’t work there were enough Rogues present to take the prison by force. “So,” Tristifer asked. “Are you capable of correcting this mistake?”

The councilman looked at the man a little surprised at his accusation. Yet, he knew who he was referring to, he just kept that to himself. There was no reason to play into this man's hands.

"Well that is not good. You are accusing the city's guards in arresting an innocent man. Well that is a tall accusation. However, there have only been five arrests in the last three days. Some for minor crimes and some for much worse. So, what is your friend convicted of? Or are you beating around the bush to get me to agree to something that I have no power to do?"

“As far as i know, my friend was arrested for simply being what he is. I wasn’t given details beyond his arrest.” Tristifer stated honestly. “Surely though, a city such as Alegast doesn’t simply arrest individuals based on their race. That being the case I’m sure you’ll have no problem releasing this individual.”

Tristifer crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. “That is if you have the ability to do so.”

The councilman could only sigh at the words spoken next. This was not out of his control to fix, but there was no way he could do such a thing at the moment. One ‘he’ was sitting inside of the room, and two he was being held for the murder of a guard. Letting him go now would cause more of an outcry than the man expected.

“Well your friend if you are talking about the thing arrested today it is being held on murder charges. He was the only vampire that was in the vicinity. So, that is what he is accused of. As for the ability to free him until the charges are lifted. I have the power, but it would cause problems in the city. Especially to the people that the attack impacted.” The man said as the older man opened his eyes and looked at him and then to Tristifer. Not saying a word on the subject for now.

Tristifer had to bite back a laugh at the charges. Waiting until the councilman finished. “So you have some sort of evidence that he was responsible, yes?” The archer asked simply. “A bloody weapon, a matching shoe print, property of the deceased found on the accused?”

“Because based on what you just said, I can only come to the conclusion that you arrested him based on race alone.” The archer offered. “Which is exactly what I will share with everyone of note from here till ice court and back. That despite its claim to the opposite, the law in Alegast is based around race and nothing more. And that I got the information directly from you councilman.”

Tristifer shrugged nonchalantly. He knew that spreading such information guaranteed an end to the political career, whether believed or not. “So here’s my recommendation. Either you present your evidence to me, or you release your prisoner. Hell you don’t have to release him to me; Surely the reputation of Balder of Stonestead is impeccable, even to your friend here. Release him to the giant, and when you have the evidence he’ll be returned.”

The tone in Tristifer’s voice dropped all pretense of warmth. “Not that any such evidence exists. So shall we wrap this up? Does your friend have enough on you that you’re willing to sacrifice your career? Or am I going to be escorting my friend to the giant?”

The councilman could only shake his head. The archer was right, one of the main reasons the Vampire was arrested was because the evidence was completely pointing to a Vampire. Nothing more and nothing less. At least for the moment no witnesses have come forward.

“You are right. The only evidence we have right now is a body that is completely drained of blood from a vampire bite. So, right now he is being held because of that. We are trying to gather more information, and we are detaining any Vampire’s that are in the city or have been in the city the last couple of days. We didn’t single him out of the many people in the city as you seem to be thinking. We are going after all Vampires. If there was not a murder, he would have been left to his own devices.” The man said as he looked Tristifer in the eyes. Deciding to give the man a chance to prove his friend's innocence.

“The people wouldn’t forgive me for not trying my hardest to find the culprit. Even if it means arresting a couple of innocent people. The people would want justice, no matter the efforts that are taken to achieve that justice.If you want I can arrange it for you too see the body. To see if you can find something that we may have missed. This gives you the opportunity to prove his innocence.”

Tristifer nodded and stood up. “His innocence is in the fact that he’s abstained from drinking from anything with a thought for probably longer than you’ve been alive. I certainly hope the dean of the university doesn’t mind being interrupted by the reveal of your persecution of a race based on the most circumstantial of evidence.” The archer offered a shrug and started for the door.

The Rogue stopped. “If you care for any of your guards more than you obviously care for your future in politics I recommend you send them instructions to take the rest of the day off. Probably should stay home tomorrow as well, just in case. I’d hate for any fatal accidents to happen, I mean try as you might to be gentle sometimes things just end badly.” Finished,Tris opened the door.

“You might not want to do anything rash youngman. You would hate to find that your little band of mercenaries are no match for the guards here. Or at least my people. You just might want to mind your own business, and let the Vampire face the consequences of his own decisions.” The older man said as he stood up from his chair and limped towards Tristifer. He just smiled as he tapped his heel on his right foot on the floor three times.

As the man opened the door another person was standing right in the doorway. He looked at the archer straight in the eyes. His slitted eyes were very definitely like a Lycans and he even had pointed ears.

“Are you leaving so soon? I am sure you have more business to discuss” The Lycan said blocking the doorway so that Tris was unable to leave.

Tris glanced over his shoulder as the old man spoke. “Rogue business is my business.” Sensing the presence in front of him Tris chuckled. “You’d be surprised.” The archer answered both the lycan’s comment and the old man’s statement about the Rogue’s abilities.

Reaching forward the archer ruffled the lycan’s hair. “Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Can you sit?” The archer laughed loudly, pulling the eyes of all individuals in the area to the door. His laughter didn’t touch his eyes as the unflinchingly met the mysterious lycan’s. There was a hint of a dare there.

The Lycan didn’t move or flinch from the look in the archers eyes as he seemed to want a fight. He would gladly give him one if he wanted it that badly. Especially since he treated him like a dog. “I don’t do tricks, but I like to play with my food.” He said threatening the Archer referring to him as a meal.

“I know more about you and your little band of misfits than you know. Though, I am sure your little leader has failed to tell you about me. So, in the end you are at a disadvantage.”

The councilman stood from his seat and approached the small group that were standing at the door. He knew if this didn’t stop blood would be shed, and this would make for an horrible situation.

“Now, now. There is no need for a fight. I can’t make any promises. I will see what I can do to get your friend out, but you must understand my position as well, and don’t be stupid and try an arange a breakout. If you do then your whole group will be under suspicion of aiding and abetting a criminal.”

Tristifer turned his cold eyes from the lycan to the councilman. “For a politician you are bad at lying.” The archers voice turned to the same tone as it had been when he first spoke to the lycan. “But you’re a good boy aren’t you? Yes you are.”

Turning fully into the room Tristifer simply smiled at the old man. “I’ve forgotten half the warnings the old man has shared. The few I recalled were less threatening than he said they were.” Tristifer shrugged and started backing through the door, whether the lycan was there or not. “The one lesson I’ve taken to heart from him though I share with you now. Just cause you think you know something doesn’t mean you really do.” Tris winked and slipped past the lycan. As he did he whispered, “Stay, good boy.” And started toward the exit.
    Last edited by Dnafein; 07-31-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: A Yami/DNA co-post
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

It was early evening by the time Mynx finished assisting in the reorganizing of the wagon. She and Shel had gotten along well enough considering their differences, the cat coming to realize they had some characteristics in common too. They were both warriors in their own way, stubborn creatures with ties to a group that didn’t come close to defining them. Musing to herself, the feline was sure that in time, she and the Orc may even become friends, just like her and Su Lin.

It was the assassin that next took the foremost place in her thoughts as she walked back towards the Bull’s Head Tavern. The dark-haired woman’s appearance that afternoon had changed the cat’s plans, especially concerning the blonde barmaid. Fray would be spared her fate...Mynx having decided it was no longer her place to reprimand the young woman for her attentions paid to Jamon. If Su Lin held her claim on the awkward young prince, then so be it, the cat would give him up when his training was complete. Her only concession that she would be allowed to continue sharing warmth with him until that time. But her jealousy would be squashed down...starting tonight.

Reaching her destination, the feline opened the bar’s door and was greeted with a candle lit interior, the scent of ale, urine, and unwashed bodies assaulting the Rogue’s flaring nostrils as she entered. She wrinkled her nose in distaste and swished her tail, pulling the lengthy appendage close to her body as she found a table and called over the pretty barmaid. After a few moments a tall tin mug was placed before her, the frothy head of the ale nearly spilling over the lip. The cat spoke briefly to the girl before surveying the room, her icy blue eyes taking in the patronage before she began to drink.

Mynx sipped the bitter brew slowly, determined not to repeat her earlier intoxication and subsequent upset. Hours passed with her in this fashion, the beastly woman remaining nearly immobile as she observed and waited, only becoming animated when Fray bent to whisper to her, the cat finally getting to her feet and climbing the stairs to the rooms on the second floor.

The first thing the feline noticed when she entered her night’s lodging was the clothing that was laid out for her on the neatly made bed. She had requested a leather outfit, similar to that of her people back in the wilds. Simple, yet functional. Fray had done well. With a toothy grin, the cat stripped down and removed her soiled bandaging, grabbing up the skimpy top. There was only one strap which she tied over her shoulder, the tanned skin falling to just below her breasts once she smoothed it down. The bottom half lacked modesty as well, the waistband resting low on her hips with the hem rubbing up against her upper thighs. Beastfolk wear. There was no denying it would make movement easier, the clothing not confining in any fashion. ...but there was something missing. Sparing a glance at the floor, Mynx shoved her foot against the recently discarded outfit with a huff, regarding the flicker of metal from the pin attached to it. She quickly decided she could do without it for tonight...the Rogue’s rules be darned.

With only the dagger Su Lin had given her as a weapon, the cat turned towards the window in her room, glad to see the darkening sky through the thin curtains. She had been given a mission by the abominable green Giant...to search for clues relating to the Tears...and Fray had provided her with one, for a hefty price. The cat’s last gem. It had been revealed to her that a man dressed in a red cloak had been frequenting the tavern the past two nights...and he too was interested in the Tears of the Ice Queen. The difference being his possession of a slip of paper...one that interested the feline to no end. It was rumored to be a map...and him being a Red Cloud only made her plan to obtain it easier...there would be no penalty if the man were to die...accidentally.

The next few hours passed slowly, the cat pacing the room as she waited for her intended quarry to leave the bar. His scent was familiar to her now, the time spent downstairs focused on isolating it from the others. It was a heady, almost gamey smell, mixed with whiskey and ale. No surprise there...the Red Clouds were not known for their good hygiene. When the moon was high in the sky, her patience finally paid off...it was time. Moving to the window, Mynx slipped through it easily, her intent to scale the wall halted when she stretched out her arm and extended her claws. Her earlier drink had not been enough. Hissing at the tight pull along her back, she cursed the archer for his well-placed strikes. There would be no movement which did not cause her to remember the lesson--do not attack in plain view of others...wait to be alone.

With a feral grin, the feline leapt to the ground instead, buffeting her fall with a well-timed roll, her pain swallowed with a grimace. Fates be darned, she was going to need Ash after all this. She came to her feet without grace, staying low and keeping to the shadows until she was under the cover of the forest. It was to the trees that she climbed, the silent vow of vengeance for her discomfort this time sent out to Balder’s image.

It didn’t take long before the cat had her prey in view, the robed man walking the dirt path as though he had not a care in the world. He seemed unaware of the figure that tracked him menacingly, his head down and his feet scuffing at the loose pile. It wasn’t until the moment she prepared to pounce that his head came up, his eyes raking the trees...and zeroing in on her in mid-motion. Whether it was a fault on her end...or merely an act of nonchalance on his...the attack did not go as planned.

Just as she leapt onto the Red Cloud’s back, Mynx felt hands grabbing at her, her position compromised before she got a good hold. No teeth...no claws...that had been her plan...to erase any chance that a beastfolk could be blamed if things went badly. It was her undoing. The man spun, driving himself backwards into the nearest tree and dislodging her. A booted foot kicked out at her and she managed to roll, narrowly dodging the blade of his sword which followed. She growled low in her throat and drew out her dagger, which was barely more than a toy in comparison.

“Give map...and I let live,” she snarled, her teeth bared for emphasis.

A gap-toothed grin was followed by hearty laughter. “Not likely...cat.” The last word spat out like a piece of badly rotten fruit as the man lifted his sword in preparation to strike again.

“You warned,” she countered, “...bad choice.”

Years of being a Rogue had honed the cat’s reflexes, and coupled with the speed and agility of a feline, Mynx was a force to be reckoned with, even when she was injured and in a position of lesser weaponry. She used this advantage now, bounding to the tree closest to her and pushing off of it, essentially throwing herself at the man at a speed even he could not match. Her body collided with his, taking them both to the ground, her dagger scraping along the soft flesh at his side in the process. The force was enough to knock the sword from his hand as well, the blade drawing a shallow diagonal cut across her shoulder on impact. A gasp was her response, but little else, as she was already on the move again, this time leaping onto the man’s back and securing a firm hold before flipping them.

Positioned beneath, she had the advantage of control, her legs encircling his and clasping tightly. She wrapped her right arm across his neck, using her other arm to provide additional force by grabbing her right elbow and exerting pressure towards herself. She grunted with the effort, struggling to keep her hold while the Red Cloud fought against her. His fingers dug into her arms, but she held fast, even the blows to her side didn’t deter her. Her adrenaline raging, she felt little pain, the day’s events only fueling her determination. As was her way, she pictured the one’s responsible for her plight in her head while she continued the choke hold. Balder...Tristifer...and Selene.

...and then it was done. The man out cold, Mynx relaxed her grip and pushed his limp body off of hers. Spitting on the ground in disgust, she reached over and plucked the paper from his front pocket, folding it further to fit in the palm of her hand. She had a few minutes at least before he awoke, plenty of time to get a head start back to the tavern. A long night’s rest is what she craved now, her back a fiery of pain as she made her way.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 08-10-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default This for that

Mynx called for Fray shortly after she arrived back at the tavern. She had hoped to return through the window, but scaling the wall proved too difficult a task. Scowling, she had entered the normal way...through the front door...and promptly returned to her room, calling for the young barmaid to meet her there.

She requested a simple meal, a glass of water, and a potion to help her sleep. She had no plans of laying awake due to any discomfort or rowdy noises from below. In short time these things were brought to her, the latter being a fine yellow powder packaged in a folded white paper. Fray directed her to take a pinch and place it under her tongue, the effects to occur almost immediately. With a nod the cat set it aside, digging into her food first. She called to the girl once again as she was leaving...there was one more thing. It was to be her last task.

"I need you find Adam," she said, "...he is Rogue. Dark hair...patch on eye..."

"I know who you mean," the girl responded a bit too quickly, remembering the man fondly from the night past.

Ignoring the interruption, the cat continued. "Check Annex...library. Not sure where...but bring here."

Fray quickly agreed and sped out. It was quiet enough that she could spare a few minutes from her shift...her break was coming up anyhow. She started along the road to the Annex, stopping anyone she saw to see if they knew the man's whereabouts.
    --------------
    "Where in the void is everyone?" Adam grumbled to himself as he finished his complete walk through of the Annex. He knew everyone had their jobs to go off on, but the Prince thought at least someone would've found their way back to the Annex by now. He didn't even know where anyone who was supposed to be in the library was. After cleaning himself up and changing his clothes Adam decided to hit the streets looking for Balder and Tris, he had another set of clues to find the Tears. Hopefully the others had luck as well and they could get out of this town soon.

Leaving the University grounds he looked around half hoping he could see the fifteen foot tall Giant at least. But Alegast had adorned a cloak of the evening, so he saw nothing aside from some street lights and the general shifting of people through the streets. Letting out a low hmm he adjusted his sword and axe at his belt before walking down the path towards the town.

It was shortly afterwards that the barmaid saw him. She quickly closed the distance, her hands fidgeting with her hair as she approached. It had been a long night at the bar and her clothing was stained with ale and wrinkled, hardly the image she wanted to put forth, but the cat had paid well. The least she could do was fix her blonde locks.

Upon hearing the sounds of someone approaching him Adam placed his hand casually upon the hilt of his sword and turned. His single eye scanned the face and body of the girl before him.

"You're Adam of the Rogue's Gallery?" she asked, her voice pleasantly sweet. She didn't wait for him to answer, his reply already known. "Mynxella has asked me to summon you to her room at the Bull's Head Tavern. She said it was urgent."

It took him a few seconds to place her, but as he placed her face he nodded to her. "Yes, I'm Adam, good seeing you again Miss Fray." He nodded at the request with a chuckle. "So urgent she couldn't come herself?" Shaking his head slowly he shrugged and began walking towards the Bull's Head Tavern. "Well best keep up young miss, I'm sure you've used up most of your break coming over here."

"Yes sir I did," she replied, moving at a faster pace. "...and the reasons for the cat not coming herself is a mystery. She is a fickle one." She laughed lightly, remembering the specific request for dinner...steak...rare...seared briefly at each side with a sprinkle of mint on top. "She's in the room at the top of the stairs, just to your left. I can take you to her if you want, but the door is open."

Adam laughed again. "Oh yes fickle is a good word for Mynx among a few others. So can you tell me anything about what she was doing there in the first place?" Mynx had always been a little bit of a loose cannon, so he liked to try and keep tabs on some of her antics.

"I'd like to," she said softly, sighing as she thought it over, "...but she swore me to secrecy. Part of the bargain. What I can tell you is that she spent a good deal of her day at the tavern...here and there. She had a bit to drink earlier and seemed out of sorts. Had me running all sorts of errands for her too." She shrugged, knowing the information was of little use, but the gem the cat had given her was cool against her bosom, a reminder to keep her mouth shut.

With another low laugh he shook his head tucking his thumbs into his weapons belt. "Yeah that sounds like her. Well guess it's a good sign that she didn't claw you up or anything first." The pair carried on in silence, the night life of Alegast was beginning to come awake. Drunks moving between the bars, people buying some last minute things from the stalls before the Merchants closed up for the night. They even saw a few teachers and students from the University roaming about.

Adam's mind was alight with possibilities, maybe Mynx had found some kind of clue towards their quest. And maybe some of the others would be with her so he wouldn't have to roam far and wide for everyone else.

Frowning, Fray's forehead creasing slightly. "Why would Mynx claw me? I did nothing but help her. We even have a shared interest." She giggled softly thinking on the previous night. Fixing up the young man's arm...and afterwards...had been the highlight of her evening. She was about to say more, but the lights of the tavern loomed ahead. "Oh...I should get a move on," she said in a hurried tone and rushed inside. "Don't want to keep the patrons waiting. I'll send up a couple ales in a few."

At the girl's question Adam couldn't help but laugh again. "Best you not know young miss, but yes I can handle things from here." He pulled a coin from his pocket and flipped it into the girl's hand with a smile, before he took the stairs and opened Mynx's door, walking in. He likely should've knocked in case Mynx was indecent. But everyone in the Gallery has seen Mynx naked before, and like most of the men, he had been used for sharing warmth by the lithe Ocecat woman on more than one occasion, so he figured they were past such formalities. Shutting the door behind him he leaned on the door, watching the woman looking out the window. "So what brings me here Mynx?"

The cat turned at the sound of his voice, seemingly distracted by something in the darkness below. Her eyes narrowing, she looked at Adam closely, her senses on full alert. Shrugging, she then smiled after a moment, puffing out a breath. "You come alone...that good...not sure would."

She stepped out of the shadows, the tiny room only lit by a single candle. She needed little more. "I have map," she said in a quieter tone, "...but first we sit...have drink. Cat most thirsty." Almost on cue, there was a soft knock at the door and Fray entered, carrying a tray with two ales which she placed on the small table. She offered a shy smile to the male Rogue then made a quick exit.

With a quirked brow, Mynx cocked her head and watched wearily as the young woman exited. "She like men...like cat. Now sit."

Adam chuckled taking one of the ales for him while handing the other to Mynx. "Well good to see you making friends Mynx." He sat down in one of the chairs sipping his drink slowly.

The cat scoffed but said nothing, her long stride taking her to the other side of the room where she scooped up a folded piece of paper. "I do as Giant say...look for clue to Tears. You tell cat if map good." Sitting across from the man she unfolded the map on her side of the table and smoothed it out, her finger rubbing at a smudge of blood on the corner. "Before I give, I have request."

Adam glanced at what he could from his greater height than Mynx. The parchment itself looked old, but he saw the hints of recent marks upon it, like someone was checking places off the map as they went. Keeping his face impartial he leaned back in his chair sipping the ale some more. "An odd tactic for doing what you're asked?" He asked maybe a little more bluntly than he intended. "But as long as it's reasonable, I'm sure we can grant it."

"There no we," the cat corrected. "...request for you." She took a long pull on her drink, wiping her mouth before she leaned forward, grunting slightly as she focused her attention on his face. "I want see eye. I know not injured...not smell sickness. You hide behind patch...cat want to know why."

His impartial face hardened a little, but he simply hmmed lightly and finished his ale placing the bottle down gently. "Why do you want to know Mynx? It's not exactly relevant to our quest." Leaning his elbow on the table a little he studied the Beastwoman closely.

"I cat...I curious," she responded as she rose from her chair, folding the map again and slipping it inside the front of her leather top. She moved slowly to his side of the table, coming up behind his chair and gliding her fingers softly across his shoulders. "All things important to quest. You know more than I. You tell cat. I keep secret."

Adam kept himself still as Mynx stashed the map and moved around to try to seduce him. She was too used to dealing with that young fool Jamon. "Well Mynx you know what they say." His hand quickly moved up and slipped down Mynx's top, pulling it down slightly then quickly retrieving the map and moving away from the cat's reaction, flipping the map casually open to study it. "Curiosity will always spell the cat's downfall. This is a very useful map Mynx, thank you." He smirked lightly, looking the cat's body over before slipping the map into his pocket. "You and Tris aren't the only ones with quick hands."

Having failed at her attempt to stay Adam's hand as he procured the map, Mynx snarled at him while he carried on with his antics. It seemed her reflexes were a bit slow this evening...the drink to blame. Once the paper was secured in his pocket, her frustration peaked. She growled and stepped forward, grabbing him by the front of his shirt and slamming him backwards against the wall. "You take what cat would give," she hissed, moving in close, her breath hot against his cheek. "Not make sense...but if want to play with cat...only need ask." Her head tilted in curiosity, a slight smirk coming to her lips which matched his own. "I think Sheva not like though."

Adam let out a low almost surprised grunt as Mynx grabbed and threw him into the back wall. He knew Mynx was stronger than she looked, but actually being on the receiving end of it was a new experience. Still he couldn't keep his impartial facade up, gripping her hands he spun around and forced her hands above her head pinning them to the rough wooden surface. He knew it wouldn't hold her, but it would give him a little time. "And you try to bargain a tremendously important piece of intel with me to satisfy your curiosity. As for Sheva not liking what I do, she's tried to kill me twice. I doubt she'd care even if she did find out."

"Not bargain...only ask," the feline retorted, twisting her wrists in Adam's grasp with minimal torque. She had been expecting some sort of reaction from him, but had not prepared herself for this. Breathing through the pain in her back, her icy blue eyes narrowed, a feral grin surfacing on her face at the same time. "I not know value of map...but glad it good." With a grunt her eyes shifted upwards, light laughter spilling out of her. "You want play rough Adam?"

Adam chuckled and released the Beastwoman's hands, moving out of immediate pouncing range. "Then just ask Mynx, don't pull nonsense like this. No promise you'll get an answer, but never hurts to ask. As for playing rough, figured you'd be too used to young Jamon to play rough anymore." He chuckled once more crossing his arms over his chest.

"I did ask," she mumbled, rubbing at her wrists as she stared at him warily. "...but you start nonsense. Steal from cat...push into wall...tease about weak prince. He no prize...only toy. I show you who stronger...cat not play nice." Her lip lifted as she lowered her shoulder, her claws digging into the floor as she drove herself forward. The day had been too bothersome to deal with more games...she was going to take this opportunity to drive her point home.

He saw her coming at him, and part of him wanted to sidestep and exit. He and Sheva were in a very odd place, and that place was mostly them trying to kill each other. But after the revelations of him being a Magi and her using him as some kind of Mana battery he wasn't sure where that was meant to be.

But another part of him was just a man. One who had just spent the whole day rotting inside a library and had almost been killed a few times since he left Balefire. And even the greatest of men have base instincts and desires. So as the catwoman collided with him he went with the force of her tackle and landed heavily on the bed with her atop, but he didn't keep it that way. Using his more refined training and leverage, he quickly flipping them both over so Mynx was pinned down to the bed his hands once more coming up to grab and pin her hands down. "We shall see Cat." He said in a low voice putting his weight more down upon her.

Struggling under him, Mynx bared her teeth before she reined herself in...no teeth...no claws...the rules were clear in regards to fellow Rogues. It was not so with her own kind, the two built-in weapons an integral part when sharing warmth, both used for securing one's place in the hierarchy. Managing to stem the instinct, she puffed out a breath and bucked beneath him, her intention clear. She wanted the position of control.

Feigning resignation shortly afterwards by relaxing her body, she proceeded to lean upwards, stretching herself until she could reach the man's neck, her teeth nipping at him without drawing blood, her tongue tasting the salt and sweat on his skin. "We shall...human," she agreed, pushing herself higher so she could snatch the eyepatch with her teeth. She tore it from him, her breath hitching in her chest when she saw the glowing yellow orb. A low growl built in her chest, the feline fixating her gaze on the oddity.

"Not normal...not human..." she said with a mix of awe and fear.

Adam pulled his head back as he felt her clamp down on the eyepatch, a mix of panic and excitement as he felt it snap away. Looked like two women would be holding the sword over his head. But no sense in backing down now. Using her stunned reaction he laid fully atop her, telling her outright he was in control and she would need to like it. Smiling smugly he held his face mere inches from hers, his gold eye wide and staring as he squeezed her hands more firmly. "Is the great huntress so easily scared away as that?" He pressed his hips deeper. "How disappointing."

Her chest rising and falling rapidly, Mynx forced down the rumble in her throat, Adam's taunt enough to make her control the building dread. She met his gaze, her cold stare warming to the idea of what was to come. "I not afraid...you not hurt cat," she stated firmly, accepting the loss of dominance when his weight pressed harder against her. "I not disappoint," she added, her head lifting slightly as she grazed her teeth along the line of his chin. A low purr took the place of the growl, the feline's chest starting to vibrate softly against his.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Lucky for Ashvel the guards left him alone enough to let him close his eyes and fall asleep. As the day moved closer to night the room became more and more friendly to the Vampire yet that peace was soon going to be shattered as the sounds of guards walking down the hall could be heard and the rattling sounds of the cell door being opened up not long after. Three guards entered the cell. One of them kept an eye on the Lycan while the other two went to work getting Ashvel.

The Vampire didn’t fight as they roughly picked him up tearing open the burnt skin on his arms. Pain like this would normally not affect Ashvel, but this injury was caused by the sun thus pain was to be expected yet Ashvel didn’t react in any way. He didn’t want them to believe that it hurt him. As he was drug from the cell and was taken to a separate room on the other side of the building. To a room that had no windows, and only lit by candles lining the walls. It was a small room, and had a metal chair in the center.

Looking around Ashvel was not going to question why he was here, but for some reason the ominous feeling he got told him that nothing good was going to come of this. The guards pulled him over to the chair and quickly secured him to the chair. Both of the guards looked at the Vampire.

“If I had my way you would be out in the sun by now, roasting in the light.”

With that both of the men left the room. Nothing about this seemed right to Ashvel as he knew that something was going to happen. What he was uncertain but he knew that it was probably not going to be good.

As the meeting with the councilman came to an end the older man and the Lycan were walking down a hall being escorted by one of the prison guards.

“I didn’t think he would allow himself to be taken into custody without a fight.. He knew that someone from the Family was in the area, and yet he just waltzed into town and decided to become a martyr. How typical of the little Vampire.”

“Don’t think too much about it. Ashvel has always been stubborn. Besides, this gives me the opportunity to talk with him. He has been out in the world for too long. You think he would have gotten the hint when we killed all of the people that he has cared for.”

“That boy wouldn't understand what you are doing for him. He thinks we are nothing but murderers. He doesn't see the forest for the trees..”

“That is no matter. He will return, or face the consequences of his actions.”

“As you wish father.”

With that both men stopped speaking. The Lycan didn’t care what happened to the traitor. In fact if it was him the Vampire would have paid with his desertion with his life. However, for some reason Father didn’t want him dead. This was something he didn’t understand, but it wasn't his place to question.

The guard led them to the room and stopped to open the door. He had his orders, and once the door was opened he left the area. The older man and the Lycan entered the room, and as Ashvel saw them through the darkness all the color drained from his already pale face. His eyes went wide; he now knew why he had such a bad feeling about being brought to this place.

“Long time no see my child.” The older man said as his companion closed the door behind them. Then Lycan reached into his jacket and pulled out a couple of yellow stones that had been enchanted and placed them on the floor. Once there the stones began to glow brightly and the room was not completely lit up.

“What are you doing here?” Ashvel asked as he regained his composure and began wiggling his wrist to try and find a weakness in the restraints. As he continued to try and free his hands the older man laughed. He found it amusing to see the Vampire try and free himself now instead of fighting back earlier. Was he truly afraid of him and him alone, or was he scared for another reason? As the older man was pondering this question the Lycan leaned against the far wall behind Ashvel as he was just going to watch the situation unfold.

“It doesn't matter why I am here. At least not anymore. You are my top priority now.” The old man said as he limped over to where the Vampire was restrained. “The question you should be asking yourself is. Why did you come to this city even though you knew that we were in the area? You had two warnings, yet you still came into the city. Because of your loyalty to that lousy mercenary group you are here now. You should have realized that I had people in a big city like this. So, this situation is all of your own making. Now that I have you in my company I will not be allowing you to return to that riffraff. You will be coming home.”

“You have to be out of your mind. There is nothing on heaven or Earth that will make me return to you or your cult. I left that life, and am living for myself. They don’t expect me to kill. They accept me for who I am and nothing more. They are my friends and they are far more worthy of my allegiance than you are. You are wanting me to kill again, and I refuse to do such a thing again. They are not lousy, they fight for what they believe in and don’t go out of their way to kill just to get their way.”

Father just stared at Ashvel as he made his declaration of defiance. He wasn’t always this way. He was a mercales killer that did what needed to be done to further the cause. At least not till those two grew conscious and turned him against his family. He should have made sure that Ashvel would never turn against him. The child was a prodigy in the art of killing, not another one of his children was as capable as he was. Not even Damion was as talented as Ashvel. Yet the child chooses to waste his skills, and concentrate on healing rather than eliminating anything in his path.

“My child. How can you be so blind? We are trying to build a better world for our kind, and to do that we need to eliminate the people that stand in our path. To stop the persecution of our people we need to make a firm stand. You used to believe this, my child.” The older man said as he just looked at his child. Each member of his family knows the feeling of being persecuted, of having their lives mean nothing to people. Even some of them almost lost their lives to the very people that treated them with disdain.

“Why should we protect those people that see us as nothing but animals? You know all too well how people treat you just because you are a child of the night. How many times have you almost been killed just because of how you were born?”

Ashvel bit his tongue as he knew that every word the older man spoke was the truth. Yet at the same time not all people are this way. Not everyone though they were nothing but monsters that needed to be eliminated. There were people that were trying like him to change the way people see their kind. To show the world that they were far better than just monsters, that they deserved to live and have the same respect as the rest of the other races.

“Not all people try to kill us. There are some that are willing to stand up against the people that want to oppress us and kill us. Some people want to remove the prejustice against all of the races that are different from them. I have hope that one day even if I don’t get to see it with my own eyes. That the world will see the error of their ways, and begin to treat us as equals, and not animals. But we have to show them that we can change. That we can become members of society that wont attack them.”

As Ashvel spoke Father was beginning to see the depths of the corruption that the child had suffered. He truthfully believed that normal races, and the Cursed races can get along as long as they just hid themselves and played nice. How naive of this child to think such a thing was the rightpath?

“The normal races will never see us as equals. They want us dead no matter if we don’t do anything to them, or if we actually do something. We all have been persecuted just because of what we are. Have you done anything to the people that want you dead, or are you just something they can push their insecurities on and justify hurting and killing you just because of what you are? Do I need to remind you of what happened to your real parents?”

Ashvels eyes narrowed at what the older man said. He didn’t need to be reminded of what happened to his parents the night he was adopted by this man. He didn’t need to be reminded of how the people hunted them down, and his parents hid him in some bushes to protect him. How they told him to remain quiet no matter what happened. Then about how the people…

“I don’t need to be reminded. However, those people have long since been dead. There is no reason to hold a grudge against their descendants, and innocent people.”

“Oh my child. That is where you are wrong. Thous descendants keep perpetuating the cycle of hatred, and thus we have no peace. Also there are no innocent people in this world. How many people would stand up for one of our kind as they were being punished? They wouldn't. They would watch as we were killed even if we are innocent. Yet there is one safe haven, and not all Cursed know where it is at. We offer them safety, and teach them to fight and protect themselves. Yet you abandoned all of them to try and live a lie of a life. My son, return home so that we might be able to right the wrongs of this world.”

“No! No matter what I will never return to a life of killing.”

“Ashvel, are you trying to force my hand? I don’t want to see you suffer my child, but I can’t allow you to do as you please any longer. If you don’t return to your family then you will be forfeiting your life. Is that what you really want?”

“Father, I have never feared death, nor will I ever. I only fear losing what is important to me… If you even think about hurting them to get to me I will not hesitate to make everyone in the family pay. I will not lose another person to your hands.”

Father only shook his head as a low sigh left his lips. He would have to teach this naughty child a lesson, and killing what is important to him wont work. They had already played that card. Maybe it was time to let this child go? However, there was one more card he could play, but to do that would make him nothing more than a puppet. He really didn’t want to do that to him, but right now he had no choice. He was not going to let Ashvel go no matter what.

“If your mind is made up then so be it. However, you need to learn your place. If you are not returning home then you will not be allowed to live your life to the fullest. You betrayed your family, and that is punishable by death. Yet death is to light a punishment for someone like you.” The man said as he turned his back on Ashvel and walked a couple of feet towards the door. “Damion, Take care of this.”

As Father walked towards the door he was a little disappointed in Ashvel. He hoped that he might have been able to get him to return, but it seemed like he was hoping too much. The child always had a mind of his own, but he was dedicated to the cause. Now he wants to live a life that was in complete opposition to the cause. He wouldn’t allow that. Even if he had to make him nothing more than a puppet he would not allow him to return to those Rogues. Nor the man that runs their organization.

Damion knew what Father meant when he asked him to ‘Take care of this’. He had given him a special crystal that he wanted to be used in only certain situations. He guessed that this is one of them since his brother refused to return to the family. Because if Father wanted him dead he would have told him to kill Ashvel. Well It seemed Ashvel will be returning home one day soon.

“You know father really likes you” He said as he removed himself from the wall and walked around Ashvel till he could look his brother in the eyes. “If he didn’t you would have been dead long ago little brother. Well if I had my what it would have happened the moment I found you in that forest.” Damion said as he plunged his right hand into the Vampire’s abdomen like a knife.

Ashvel didn’t have time to respond to what Damion said because of the hand that was now inside of his body. It was not the pain that registered, it was the shock of having Damion actually attack him. He knew that his brother hated him, but to think it was to this extent. This was something he would have never believed.

Then suddenly the hand was removed and blood poured from the wound. Vampire’s couldn’t die from blood loss, but it can cause other problems. Like wanting to feed in order to replenish the lost blood. Yet this was the least of his worries when he saw Damion reach into his pocket and pull out a small purple crystal with his bloody hand then placing the crystal between his fingers he shoved his hand back through the opening he had created earlier.

Maneuvering his hand inside of the wound he placed the crystal and then maneuvered a bit more. He didn't want Ashvel to know where he placed the crystal. Once he was done he removed his hand and licked the blood from it.

“I hope that you enjoy the gift from our Father.” Damion said as he moved away from Ashvel making his way to the door. As Father once more approached Ashvel. The Vampire was looking straight at him with a mixture of anger and fear.

“What in the hell was that?” Ashvel demanded to know as he tried once more to break his bonds. As the older man smiled and placed a hand on Ashvel’s head in a loving manner.

“Like your brother said that was a gift from me to you. In time you will understand what it is. Until that time I am sure that you will not try to do anything stupid like remove it.” The old man said as he patted Ashvel on the head. “We will be waiting for the return of our brother in arms, and the return of my son.”

“I will never return to your cause.”

“I am not so sure about that. Don’t you have an undead friend inside of that organization? I wonder if she would be willing to join our cause?”

“Leave her out of this.”

“No.”

Ashvel's anger reached its peak and now his body was beginning to shake. He wanted nothing more than to force this man to do as he asked, but the restraints were too strong and he was unable to break them.

"Stop this nonsense now. Do you think the races will roll over and allow something like us to just become their masters? You have to be dreaming!" Ashvel screamed in an angry tone as he continued to struggle. As he began to feel dizzy.

"You have no idea what people do to overwhelming power. Our kind are far stronger than other races, and we have the power to make them obey. Right now you just need to sleep." The old man said as suddenly Ashvel became tired.

He looked towards Father as his movements slowed and his eyes began to close. This was not one of the side effects of blood loss for one of his race. So why? Was Father doing this to him? He wondered as his mind grew blank. His head falling into his chest.

“Father. Why not take this defiant child home now?”

“That is because if we take him those idiots would come after him.. If he comes on his own then they might not follow. Besides I don’t want to have to deal with them at the moment. We have more pressing issues at the moment, and we need to deal with them. Besides that gift will ensure that he will return to us.” Father said as he turned to leave the room. Nothing more needed to be said as both of them left the unconscious vampire in the room after collecting the stone’s from the floor..

Not long after the two left, the guards returned to the room. They ignored the blood on the floor, and the wound to the Vampire’s abdomen. To them this creature deserves everything he got, and more. Removing the restraints they then returned the thing to his cell. Night had fallen upon the city so there was no more sunlight in the room. It was replaced by the soft glow of moonlight. The Lycan was waiting for the return of the poor soul that had been taken away from the cell, and was angered when he was returned. The smell of blood was extremely strong and he knew they did something horrible to the innocent vampire.

The moment the guards threw the vampire into the cell the Lycan only glared at them and bided his time. As soon as they left he went over to his cellmate and began looking over his wounds. Realizing the damage was far worse than he thought. However he knew that one for the vampire race wouldn't die from something like this. He was always told as a child that there were only a handful of ways to truly kill a vampire, but many ways to make them suffer.

Looking to the injury he did his best to make a bandage out of his shirt, and did what he could do. Now the only thing either of them could do was wait. The soft glow of the moon reminded the lycan of his family, and the promise that he made them. He would find the city that only the Cursed can enter. He would find it no matter what.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast