Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Vel gazed up at the Guild master as he spoke to them. A brief send off but Vel couldn't help but smile under her scarf recalling their.. talk. She was surrounded by her comrades who... truthfully she didn't know as well as she'd like and already she'd have closer interactions with them then ever before. She was frighted of white was ahead but at the same time encouraged and excited. Dagur needed her to be in this group, and so she'd do whatever it was she had to to make sure everyone came home alive.

As he went on to tell them the chain of command into the group Vel glanced at Tris feeling a bit nervous at the idea that she'd be reporting to him. Tris was a little more inquisitive then Adam was She'd had to dodge around questions before, but she'd have no where to hide this time. Vel shifted for a moment as she looked back to Dagur as he spoke his last few words. She was pretty sure that anything they did was never considered safe. As he dismissed them she turned to look at the others, all had a mount of sorts and Vel did not. There were a couple of reasons for this, one was that animals didn't usually have the best reactions to her it was difficult to get one to trust her, let alone let her ride it. two, one of the few things she'd never learned while living the life of a noble was learn how to ride.

When on her own Vel typically just walked as she could do so for hours with out tiring. However here she knew she wouldn't be able to keep up with the horses, specially should they need to move in a hurry. Vel made sure her Axe was secured to her back, her daggers at her side and her pack securely tied shut. She picked it up in a hurry and moved off to the wagon as they started moving off. Chucking the pack into the back she quickly leaped up and climbed in after it before turning and sitting with her legs hanging over the edge so she was facing out and able to watch the Gallery, her home, vanish behind the other buildings of balefire.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Eventually one of the warrior’s three came before her and mentioned that the time was now for them to make their forward. Nisa nodded and made her way to the back of the guild. The yard itself was not somewhere she liked to be very often. She found animals to not care for her very much and horses were especially high on that. She knew not what she did but maybe it was just the fact that she was a hunter of large prey, and horses were bigger than most humanoids. She waited in the back one because she did not head out immediately but she was also one of the biggest and as such did not want to block the view.

Looking around she wondered if the guild master was proud. These were his people and most of them were quite talented. She had seen half of these people in action and she was impressed upon more than one occasion. She was happy to be here and she was willing to serve, so regardless of what everyone else decided she would be thankful.

When she heard the teams she did feel a little sad at the fact that Bigwit would be on another team. They worked well together in the past but she would also feel safer knowing that his capable hands would be guiding their team. Adam was also very capable as a leader. She was certain a lot of thought had been considered when selecting the groups. As for her group…Su Lin was a name she knew of but had never formally been acquainted and Tris was someone she knew from experience. Nisa felt like out of the group she was the real muscle of the party. Not that she really knew these new people well. She was certain that there would be surprises in store for her. The one thing she knew was never to judge any adventurer by their looks. Nisa placed her Valkyrie helmet on so only her eyes and braided white hair could be seen. Her armor of bone and pelt being the main focus.

As Nisa made her way over to the wagons she tossed her bag into the wagon. There was enough room for her and she decided to move more towards the front of it then the back. Once inside though she sat thinking about where they would be going. Another person came and sat in the wagon. She believed it was the person from the previous night who smashed one of the people into the table.

So they were partnered…?

She sat rather stoic almost as if a suit of armor, only the fact she was sitting like a person would give her away. She would keep an ear open, if anything happened, she would move quickly to strike.
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default CO--Moon and Storm--Ready for the Road

With Dagur’s speech finished, Mynx was turning to go, trying hard to ignore the protests of Jamon beside her. The arrival of Su Lin was a welcome distraction if only for the brief moment she stopped to bid them a good journey. She nodded to the assassin in turn, then clapped her ward on the back of the head.

“Do not think hard on things can not have,” she said in a stern voice. “I travel with many wants. A feathered bir...falcon...a tasty boar...and now a big deer. Plus all mounts and big hairy elephant. These all easy meat afoot, but cat must hunt food to feed members. Easier to kill meat in camp.” She bit into her lower lip, a small bead of blood filling the place her canine tooth had punctured. “One day I will eat bird...and one day you may have girl. Today...and many tomorrows..not that day. Today, you may have cat...no one else. Understand?”

Jamon stood folding his arms across his chest, with no one to try to impress, he listened to Mynx, the boot dagger that was re-positioned by that awful girl feeling a little more comfortable than his attempt at keeping it in his boot. Jamon offered timidly,
    “But Miss Mynx, don’t you think it would be wiser for everyone to ride together. What is bandits were to attack one part of our group while the other was riding ahead. What if someone were to try and do me harm while you were hunting food for our group. Didn’t the elder say that I was supposed to be looked after?” He hoped that might sway her to speak up and try to combine the two groups, still thinking as a spoiled Prince used to getting his way would, no matter how unwise his thoughts were.

Mynx shook her head, tired of her ward’s constant complaints and arguments. “I have no say. If unhappy speak to Adam. He leader of our group.” She started walking towards the post where Jamon’s horse was tied up, double checking his belongings to make sure they were secured tightly. The horse nickered in fear as she patted at its sides, her thoughts more on the ride ahead than calming the nervous animal. “You no need to worry about looking after. Guild will protect weaker members. And once you are strong, you will learn to hunt with me. Then I protect you.” She gave one last tug on his saddle, then moved to the front of his mount, holding the reins. “Get on. I will follow by side or up ahead. First lesson...learn to ride. Head up. Back straight. Move with horse gait...less sore on butt that way.”

If nothing more the young man had the ability to do on his own, riding was that thing. As his mount was in fear of the Ocecat, he approached the horse running his hand reassuringly along its neck.

He set his foot in the stirrup and was in the saddle in one fluid move. He said to the mare “there now, calm good girl..” as he patted her.

Sitting atop his mare, he looked toward Mynx awaiting the praise he would usually receive from the stable staff on anytime he would finish a ride, of course, at his father's stable, the staff was deathly afraid of speaking poorly of the young Prince. With an unexpected silence from Mynx, he spoke,
    “Not bad, right Miss Mynx?” still sitting atop with beaming pride waiting for the praise.

Mynx gave the young man a look, her eyes narrowed. “You mount horse well,” she said with sarcasm. “One thing you can do. I am im-pressed.” Shaking her head, she turned away to watch as the others readied themselves for the journey. Now she would just have to teach him how to mount women the same way. A slight mischievous smile came to her lips at the thought, then she turned back to him, appraising him with a tilt of her head, ears aimed in his direction.

Jamon reddened as he realized Mynx’s praise was not in the tone as Fathers staff, more the tone Father would use when not pleased with one yet still not put them to the whip.

His gaze turned toward Adam, with thoughts that the man certainly looked like a roughian, it might do him well to avoid that man as much as possible. Finally he muttered “maybe I can use some help along our way. That man doesn't look like he is nice at all.”

Following Jamon’s gaze, Mynx laughed. “He nice enough. Quiet...not like you. Plus, he is warm.” She passed the reins up, then stepped away. “You can ask him...things...he won’t bite. Not like cat.” She gave the horse a slap on its rump then adjusted her weapons to prepare for the long walk ahead. Once they were outside the town, she would get to move a little faster, the open road her favorite place to roam.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 01-17-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As Ashvel went up the stairs to fetch his bow and quiver he stopped in front of the masters door. He paused as he just stared at the door not really knowing if what he was about to do was the right thing. He had only known about the information by accident. He wasn't even supposed to know about the old legend. He just happened to hear Umbra and the Elder speaking about it. Taking a step closer to the door he knocked.

“Master Dauger, are you in?”

Dagur answered the door with a smile and ushered Ash inside. “Why hello Ash please come in I was just speaking with a mutual old friend of ours.” He smiled moving back inside he office returning to his place behind his desk.

Ashvel smiled at the older man as he answered the door and ushered him in with some welcome information. He was glad to hear that Umbra was doing well, and just happened to be back in town. However, this only made the information he was about to tell the older man even more unsettling. He didn’t even know if Umbra knew he knew about the legend. Taking a deep breath he approached the desk.

“Master Dauger I have something that might be of importance to this mission, but…” Ashvel was still uneasy about what he was about to say. But he decided that it would be better to reveal the information now than to wait till later.

“Master, I believe that I have heard a legend about the Tears of the Ice Queen, but it is not my place to know the legend. This was something that the Elder told his successor and I just happened to be eavesdropping on the conversation.” Ashvel started playing with his hands nervously as he stood in front of the guild master.

Dagur smiled waving to the seat across from him. “Take a seat my friend, your mentor here was just telling me something's as well though possibly not the same things.”

Ashvel froze when he found out that Umbra was in the room as well. He didn’t want to move from the spot he was standing in when he saw Umbra stand from his chair and look in his direction.

Umbra was not too happy to know that Ashvel was spying on him and the elder, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Though Ashvel looked like he was about to get ill. “You should have known better than to spy on other people, but it is good to see that you have found your place here. So, sit already. We have a lot to discuss.” Umbra said as he pointed to the seat next to him.

“Elder Umbra.” Ashvel was about to say something then his mentor told him to take a seat. So he did. However, he didn’t say a word and just looked at the ground. He was fiddling with his hands but nothing more.

“So, Dagur as I was saying a moment ago the Red Clouds are also on the hunt for the Tears of the Ice Queen. However, I believe their tip to be false information. So, they just might come after our guild if they believe we know any information on the whereabouts of the Tears. And since the young one seemed fit to bring it up. Yes, I might know something about the location of one of the tears.” Umbra said as he moved his eye and looked at Ashvel through his peripheral vision.

Dagur nodded slowly. He knew Umbra and Ash weren’t as close as they once were, but he hoped they could put it aside to help the Gallery. “The Red Cloud? I’ve heard of them they rarely leave Ophier. What else can you tell me Elder Umbra?”

“Wel the information that they are following is taking them to Ebonrock, and the amount of supplies they are taking is enough to feed a small army of guild members for a couple of months. It also seems like they think the gem is hidden in some old ruins there, but there is nothing substantial in the information they have been given. I asked around and found that they are going off half cocked because the people that are supporting them has more money than brains.” Umbra said as he looked to Ashvel completely this time, and the young Vampire didn’t remove his gaze from the floor. Giving a large sigh he slapped the young man on the back of the head. “Grow up. There is more to this life than acting in shame. What is done is done. Now suck it up.”

Ashvel was moved forward just by the power behind the strike. It seemed Umbra was not a bit happy with him, but at the sametime he wanted him to move on. Looking as his mentors, no the man he thought of as a father's eyes. He could tell that he was not as angry with him as much as he thought he would be. “Elder Umbra I…” but before he could say another word Umbra looked to Dagur once more.

“We will need to be careful on the road ahead. For what we are searching for is something no one from any race should posses.” Umbra said with a slight edge to his voice.

Dagur nodded slowly. “I agree wholly with you old friend, I will be sure to pass this information onto the others. And as much as I hate inconveniencing you could you keep an eye on these Red Clouds? Even if they are fools being led by the blind...well even the blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.” He looked at Ash and shook his head slowly. Like Vel, Ash was more meek than what the legends of Vampires and Undead paint them to be. In a way the Guildmaster was happy for this a confident Vampire, much like Elder Umbra can be quite a handful and unless you have earned their total loyalty will never be likely to listen to a lowly human like himself. But on the flip side a meek Vampire is like a meek wolf. Intimidating as a distance, but liable to fall apart when pushed. Luckily Ash was the team’s Healer so it was unlikely he’d be needed to fight. Leaning back Dagur rubbed his sore knees. “So Ashvel you said you might know something about the Tears? Can you fill me in please?”

Umbra looked at Dagur as he spoke about letting the rest of the guild know what is going to be coming. Though when he was asked to watchover the guild of idiots this was something he had already been planning on doing. He had his reasons, and yet he was being asked to do so by the guild master. This worked out for him better than he thought. Yet at the same time he would have done it even if he had other plans. He had a high respect for the old man even though he doesn't usually spend too much time in the guild.

Yes he was a member and by chance he just happened to have returned with his information this morning. Though this was all too much of a coincidence for him. Was someone making a move? That he had an obligation to figure out. Maybe the Red Clouds would be able to give him more information on the matter.

“I have no problem keeping an eye on them. However, in exchange I have a request. Could you fill me in on what you know about who is looking for the Tears?” Umbra said as he looked at the man. He had asked Ashvel to tell him what he knew. At least he hoped the young man didn’t know much.

Ashvel just kept his head down and continued to fiddle with his fingers. Umbra had told him to grow a backbone, but that was impossible. He respected the Elder too much to do something like that. And he had to face the harsh reality. He was nowhere as powerful as most of his kind, and he felt a little inferior because of it. He was lost in his own thoughts until Dagur spoke to him.

Lifting his eyes once more from the floor he looked at the guild master. He asked about the legend he had heard. Swallowing hard he looked over to Umbra who nodded his head. Ashvel nodding his head in response to Umbra he looked back at Dagur. He still was uncomfortable with the situation, and wondered why he asked him instead of Umbra who would know more than he did.

“I will tell you what I know.” Ashvel said as he cleared his throat to try and get rid of the lump that had formed. “According to what I overheard the tears are hidden in locations all over the continent, and are guarded against the possibility of being stolen. According to the late Elder no one should ever use the gems, and that if they fell into the hands of those that are wanting power they will fall victim to the Ice Queens power. That is all that I know.”

Dagur nodded slowly at Ash’s words. “Sounds about right. All I’ve heard about the Tears says they are quite powerful objects guarded by some crazy traps and protectors. Just hope the group can find some more in the Grand Library.” He then looked to Umbra and chewed his bottom lip slowly. He didn’t actually know much. “Well we received the contract from an assistant of the Ice Queen’s Court Wizard, a messenger named Mosley. He gave us the contract and left.”

Umbra was relieved that Ashvel didn’t know more than that. If he did then there would have been dire consequences . Ignoring the young Vampire he returned his complete attention to the guild master. As the man answered his question about who was looking for the tears. It seemed the man closest to the Ice Queen was looking for them, and for what reason he didn’t know. Taking his hand up to his face he placed his fingers into his hair and pulled back the bangs that were hanging down.

“Well it seems like we have an interesting job ahead of us. Though I am not going to dance to that man's drum. I will do what is needed to protect the guild.” Umbra said as he closed his eyes for a moment. “Dagur, why did you accept this contract? Was it just for the money, or is there something else?”

Dagur leaned back steepling his fingers. “The money was what caught my attention, but the idea of finding such a huge piece of history to the world is what had me want to pursue it. First and foremost the Rogue’s Gallery are explorers, that means preserving history if we can.”

Umbra chuckled under his breath as Dagur gave his answer. At least he kept to his principles. Money can corrupt the soul of the most holy of men. Lucky the guild master was still the same. “Glad to see that nothing changes old man. Though, some history is better off forgotten. The past may be important, but some don’t learn from it. They try and repeat the process.” Umbra gave a light sigh. As he looked over to Ashvel. “Ashvel, your journey will be long, but never forget who you are, and the path you have chosen. Now, get out of here.”

Ashvel was confused about what was going on, but he did as he was told. Getting out of the chair he nodded his head at Umbra. Then looked to the guild master. “I will be taking my leave now.”

Making a beeline to the door he looked back for only a second, and then left the room. He needed to collect his bow, and then make his way back down the stairs. This journey might not be a good idea, but he will follow the guild master no matter what. He has never done anything to him to make him disloyal.

As soon as Ashvel left Umbra looked at the old man that was sitting in front of him. “You need to be careful. Not everything is as it seams, and this might prove to be a more trying time than you might think.”

Dagur frowned lightly nodding at Umbra’s words. “I’m sure they will be “old man”.” He chuckled being Umbra was a few thousands years old it seemed much more fitting for him. “Nothing great is easy, and very few easy things are great.” He stood up and offered his hand to Umbra. “Thank you for coming here Elder Umbra, be sure to send my regards to your friends in Specter’s Rest we may very well be in the area during this quest. Surely the spirits there could have information on the Tears.”

For the first time in awhile he smiled at the guild leaders words. It was not something he did often and with such sincerity in his looks. As Dagur stood up he did as well and took his friend’s hand shaking it slightly. “I am sure this will prove to be grand. I will pass on your regards. I am sure that Xist knows you are thinking of his well being. I am sure they might know more than just that.” Umbra said as he reached his arm around the old man giving him a hug. This was way out of character for Umbra.

“Watch your back. There is more to this than meets the eye. These treasures should remain lost to history.” Umbra said as he released Dagur from his grip. He didn’t want the old man to get hurt or even lose his life to this endeavor. This was the one person that he didn’t want to get hurt or… Shaking his head he took a couple of steps back.

Dagur returned the hug and motioned towards the door. “I thank you for the warnings Umbra, I will pass them onto my people, and who knows maybe they’ll find nothing and be coming right home. But I’m sure you have more important things to do than watch an old human drink and complain about the coming storm.” He opened the door to the Elder Vampire which led to he currently deserted courtyard.

Umbra nodded his head in Dagur’s direction as he moved to a door that led outside. The man knew he didn’t like the commotion of the guild, and wanted to keep his visits short. He moved to the door and stopped when he reached his old friend. Then he reached into his dragon scale cloak and pulled out a small jade and gold dagger. “You might be needing this.” He said as he handed the dagger over to his friend. “I will take care of the Red Clouds, and if I find anymore information I will be back.” Umbra said as he moved out of the doorway. This was not a task he was looking forward to. He hoped to never have to return to ‘that place’ ever again. “I will look forward to our next meeting.”

Dagur took the beautiful dagger and whistles lifting it up to the light admiring it. “Well it looks far o beautiful for me to sully it with my grubby hands but thank you Umbra. As for the Red Clouds you be careful as well. They may not be the fools they seem, you and I have both been around long enough to know what assuming does. But I will summon my three leaders and bring this info to them directly. Please excuse me.” He shut the door behind the Elder Vampire and quickly called for Mary to come see him.

------

Ashvel returned to his room and picked up his last weapon, though he doubted he would have to use it since he was more of a healer than a fighter. Though he was a good archer, but not nearly as accurate as some of the other members of the guild. He also picked up a small black velvet bag out of his dresser, and placed it in his travilingbag. He figured he might need some extra help since they might be needing it.

As time passed they were all summoned to the outside courtyard as the mission they were given would finally start. He stood amongst the other members with his hood up. He didn’t need to get himself burnt too much by making the mistake of looking up as the Master spoke. so , he just kept staring forward as everything was announced. They had been separated into teams, and he just happened to be put on Adam’s team.

This was a little surprising since he had never even talked to the man, let alone worked with him or anyone on his team. However, it didn’t matter to him. He would learn to get along with anyone that he was placed with, or just keep his mouth shut till he got to know them. Witch he hoped would happen on the road. He wanted to at least have their trust in case he needed to work on them. Though he didn’t have to have their trust to treat them it just makes things easier. Moving over to where the others were he just stood there till they began to make their move.

Then everyone started to get ready to move out. Some of them mounted steeds, and some got into the back of a wagon. As for himself he would be able to keep up on foot even if they pushed the horses. So, there was no reason to worry about getting too close to someone that just might not appreciate his company. He hasn't been in the guild long enough to really understand how people will react to him. Now he would just wait till everyone was ready to move. He just had to be careful to make sure none of his skin gets uncovered. His skin already burned from the heat that was penetrating his clothing. He just hoped that he would have successful hunts every night, or this was going to be a long trip.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Tristifer mounted Baby at the dismissal and patted her armored neck. His eyes scanned the others as they went about mounting up. His eyes shifted as a pretty armored woman approached him.

“We have never been formally introduced, my name is Su Lin, it seems we ride together.”

“Damn.” Tris muttered, a touch of sarcasm in his voice. “I had money saying the deer was Su Lin.”

The archer twisted and tossed a copper towards Adam, “Guess I'll never be able to ask you how Faur anything is and laugh to myself.”

He studied the woman from the corner of his eye. He'd seen her type in the Gallery before, they never lasted. Dagur didn't take many assassination jobs, and most who prefered to work those didn't like facing the mirror after a while. It was something about morals as Tris was once told while only half listening. The thought made him briefly wonder about the elf who had offered the explanation, but the wondering was short as all such tend to be.

“Do me a favor and don't cause trouble and we'll get along fine.” His eyes caught a pair slipping into the back of one of the giant's wagons. “If you'll excuse me, I got duties to assign.”

With a click his horse started towards the wagon, a little half prance in her step. “Ladies,” Tris stated as he swung around the wagons back. “Hope you're comfortable. Ya'll will be on watch tonight while the rest of us are sleeping.”

He shifted the reins so the horse would head past the wagon. “And don't worry Vel, we'll have you clean the cooking pots so you have something to make noise if necessary.”

Tris rode towards Adam. Speaking as he pulled up next to him. “I'm thinking Circus. Much more believable than merchants caravan.”
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default Co-Op With P.K.

Vel looked over as another bag was tossed into the wagon and the snow elf made her way inside. Vel remained silent, watching as she settled in and took her place the hooded undead sitting back a wagon as they started off. Vel couldn't help feeling the silence between the two of them was slightly awkward... but perhaps that was because she wasn't used to sitting in another person's company. Even when she went out occasionally with Ashvel the silence was uncomfortable. She shifted before quietly pulling out the book in her bag and opening it up. With the Gallery long out of sight and everyone else out walking or riding the only other person inside the wagon to interact with was Nisa... and she didn't even know where to begin to start a conversation. Let alone with her.

Nisa felt the rolling of the carriage and the bumps in the road but was more so focused on listening to everything. She was worried that something might happen and she would not be able to react quickly enough. Such tension was not fit for traveling and really she should relax. The gallery had perceptive people, it would be hard for bandits to ambush them and even then…they all looked strong. Only a confident fool would attack them.

She looked over at the quiet lady sitting in the area with her. She wondered if she also had an animal problem or maybe long walks were bothersome. She noticed that the lady had a book and wondered if she was an artist or something. Normally speaking the world was large and had many interesting sights. While her helmet might hide her eyes and general appearance, she would lift off the helmet, something she would only do if she was going to be social. She always wore her helmet when outside of anywhere safe.

As she looked over at the quiet one she said, “I was astounded by your strength the other night and wanted you to know that you should not feel bad for what you did. It was worthy of you to defend your guild mates and any number of us would have done the same.” She nodded firmly and then looked forward again. She closed her eyes and allowed the bouncing to relax her slightly.

“You may call me Nisa by the way. No need for Dark Valkyrie or any of the other absurd names they have given me. If you ever have questions or need of anything let me know, no matter what it maybe. As a fellow female I am open to assisting and my closest friend is a Goblin here. I promise you there is no judgment from me.” Another nod of confirmation and she glance over to the lady to see what she was doing.

Vel looked up as the snow elf began to speak, the only indications the slight shift in her hood as she looked in her direction. Vel listened quietly, feeling nervous as she spoke but couldn’t help appreciating the women as she spoke of last night. She likely would have handled it herself if Vel hadn't of stepped in, and mayhaps without braking a table. Vel began to pull out her blank book and her ink well as she introduced herself and let her know that she could come to her with questions or for help. As thankful as she was for the knowledge that there would be no judgment from the snow elf She did not remove her hood or gloves.

Before she could pop the cork off the ink well Tris appeared at the back of the wagon, riding along on his horse and asked if they were comfortable before going on to tell them that the two of them would be keeping watch that night. Vel hadn't any problem with this, unlike the rest of the group she didn't require the same kind of rest they did. As he swung around to ride past the wagons she heard his last statement and shifted. That would be her issue as a night watch... Still she couldn't help feeling a little disheartened at the way it sounded.

She uncorked the ink with something of a sigh before she wrote on a blank page.

"I hope he doesn't think we are being lazy." She wrote before going on.

"Thank you for your kind words. My name is Velaire but most simply call me Vel."

With the slightly bumpy ride her hand writing wasn't quite as neat but it was still perfectly eligible. Vel didn't think about whether the snow elf would be able to read it or not until she held it up for the women to read.

Nisa figured she would be on night watch and she preferred it this way. She had sharp eyes and really preferred to hunt at night. She nodded in that way to Tris, “Of course.” She figured that was the right way to speak to Tris.

As Vel came over to the snow elf she held the book up to her. She gave a confused look when it was held up only to see some writing on it. It took her a small moment before she pieced it together. Either the girl was nervous to speak or more likely…

She felt bad for whom she would call Vel but gave her a smile. “No Vel it does not work that way. Everyone has strengths and as such while we are weaker on the trek we make up for it on defense. As long as we perform our tasks given to use efficiently no one will think we are lazy. Besides that the guild master would never allow for us to be lazy and stay with the company. No one is judging you.”

She had no idea if the girl before her could speak or not but approaching a potentially touchy subject was not something Nisa was about to do. As she shifted slightly to be facing her more she said, “Plus now this means we can work together. So I would find it easier since we are on watch together if you could tell me about yourself. That way we can balance each other out. Maybe cover each other’s weaknesses. What do you say to that?”

Vel couldn't help smiling a little behind her scarf that his her face as the snow elf reassured her that they weren't being lazy as long as they did their work well and no one was judging her. As she went on to say that this meant they could work with each other and that she'd like to know more about her Vel shifted uncomfortably. She wrote slowly as she thought out what to say without perking to much curiosity, though that was likely a moot point.

"There is not much to tell." she wrote quietly. "I have incredible strength, as you know. But I am not fast nor nimble."

She hesitated a moment before she wrote. "I can see well in the dark. But other than this I don't know what else I would tell you."

She quietly held the book up for the women to see as the ink dried.

"There is not much to tell."

The fact that she was with the Guild told Nisa that was a lie.

Nisa put a hand to her chin as she thought for a moment. So Vel was strong and could function well in the dark but others was relatively normal. Still those were two very powerful qualities. She could be very good at night based stealth missions and her strength was greater than Nisas’ if she had to guess.

Though without really knowing where to go Nisa felt she needed to command the conversation to really keep it going.

“Since we are both female I’ll let you know little Vel that I am well over two hundred years old. As you can see I am much larger than a traditional elf but with this impressive physical form we may have lost some of our connection to Magic since I seem to not really be able to cast. I have trained quite a bit of my life to be resistant to magic actually.” That was a weakness not many knew unless they had studied snow elves. Most though they were the same or similar.

“I have really good hearing and I tend to function better in colder climates due to probably having spent a great many of years there.”

She motioned to her armor and weapons and said, “While maybe not as practical I am a huntress at heart. I live for the thrill of slaying beasts and not anything like bulls or large cats. I mean large monsters! I tend to fashion my gear around my kills hence all of the bone and pelts. Maybe…because of this animals tend to not like me very much, hence I am riding in the cart.”

She put a finger to her chin again and said, “I prefer pole-arm weaponry over others…also like I said my best friend is a Goblin which is to say we strike an interesting duo. Apart from that I am very much a member of the guild and have been for a while. You all are my family more so than anything that is left for me in the North. I ask once again that you do not hesitate if you need anything.”

She lowered her head as she said this to make sure that Vel knew that Nisa was in her service.

Vel listened quietly as the Snow elf went on to explain some things about her. She listened closely turning her book back around to face her as she thought. She was so willing to share, Vel almost felt comfortable enough- but... doubt wouldn't let her write the words.

"I never learned to ride, not that animals like me much either." she wrote. She paused looking at the elder snow elf or maybe she was young for her kind... Either way she assured her that she need't hesitate if she needed something. She needed a lot of things... "I prefer my axe, but I can fight with most weapons." she wrote pushing the thought away, what she needed couldn't really be given without causing trouble for others. That how she'd always thought of it.

"Thank you Nisa." She wrote before turning the book around for her to read.

Nisa figured this lass had a problem with animals like her. Otherwise she would have been with the larger group of adventurers. Still it made Nisa happy to have some company as well. Vel mentioned that she liked axes and that made a lot of sense due to her massive amount of strength. Nisa could only smile and nod as she completely understood. Even if she did not once you found a weapon that really sung with how you fought there was really no other way to go right?

When she saw the final note that said thank you Nisa waved her down a bit. “No need no need we are family now right? I know how about the next big creature you take down I’ll make sure to carve out a really cool Bone Axe for you? That way we can charge people together and look scary!” She smiled a bit and chuckled continuing on,

“I know most metal weapons are better but there is something about fear when normal men see bone based weaponry. They get a sense of dread and it more often than not leads to surrender. I love seeing people flee at the sight of my blade!” She gave a hearty pound to her chest and then said, “Plus I hate fighting humans. It’s no fun…”

Fun was relative but she enjoyed besting a large beast over killing someone who got to full of themselves. The prey and the reward were never good enough for real thinking creatures. “But I digress. You think these tears things are actually real? I personally think it is all blown out of proportion. Sure they exist but not in such a grand manner as they are making it out.”

Vel let out something between a grunt and a chuckle, though it sounded faintly nervous. If Nisa ever did get the chance to carve her such a weapon Vel wasn't sure how much she' actually use it but there was no way she could refuse. She nodded in agreement slightly bemused by her Gusto towards watching others flee before her bone blade. Vel didn't enjoy these things, she fought out of necessity not enjoyment. If she could pick and choose she wouldn't fight at all, but life wasn't kind enough to grant her that with her state. She was good at it and it was one of the few skills she had she could give to the guild so fight she did when it was needed.

When Nisa went on to ask about the tears Vel paused with her quill over the ink in thought. Did she think they were real? Perhaps not but... "Myths like these are often times made much grander than they actually are over years of retelling." She wrote. "Do I believe they exist in the state that the stories we know say?... no." She paused looking over her writing for a moment as she thought. "There's always the possibility that they are real, but not as grand or as magical as we think they are." Of course there was always the small chance that they were every bit the grand thing they were made out to be but she doubted it. After all These Jewels were stories that had been told for years, generations even, with only inklings of the idea of their true existence. "If they do exists, they are likely little more than very rare and expensive jewels in their own right. But I suppose we'll find out more information at the library if the guild master is right."

She turned the book for Nisa to read and awaited her response.

Vel seemed to agree with her when it came to the tears. Everything was probably blown out of proportion. That or they had really lost their effects by now.

When she wrote down about the library Nisa rolled her eyes. “This might sound stereotypical for a warrior type like but I really do not care for libraries. I like some books but I have a feel like everything else it’s just a place to get lost and lose your grip on reality.” She was not enthusiastic about the idea of starting there but with no real leads they had to go there first. “I know an elf that does not like to read is a weird concept. I’ll still do the reading and I’ll be efficient, I’ll just be grumbling during it.”

She shifted a bit and sighed. She was kind of bored. “You probably like to read yea?” She figured considering it was her primary way of talking she would. “It seemed like you do not interact much so it gives you company in a way is what I would guess.”

She was presuming…which was a bad thing to do. “As experienced as I am, I always get nervous until I can get my hands moving. Usually during the trip I’ll still get sick or uneasy. I guess you can say I am impatient but I’m really not. I guess I get antsy and have thankfully developed at least keeping it in check. Once we get there through or someone comes to mug us all that goes away. Weird huh?”

She thought for a moment and continued, “Let me know if I a bothering you. Now I am just talking to talk pretty much. Figure we do not get many opportunities to talk as guild members since we are in and out all the time.”

Vel waved her hands to assure the women that she was not being bothered and quietly wrote. "Your right, I do enjoy reading. You'll rarely find me without a book and...truthfully I am excited to see this library." Vel couldn't help a sigh. She paused in thought. "It’s not so strange. Some enjoy reading more than others, there is nothing wrong with this." She assured the snow elf. In truth books had been her only friends when she was living back with her family, the only escape she had from them for the longest time... she'd lost that when she'd washed up on the shore here until she'd joined the Gallery and had once again become one of her few comforts. Nisa wasn't wrong. "I'm sure with as much travel as we are going to see, we'll have plenty of time to... socialize." Vel said pausing on the last word as she thought about it before she held the book up for Nise to see.

Nisa nodded and gave a small smile. Everyone was different and that was what made the guild strong. Nisa was glad that Vel at least had some comforts. Vel mentioned she would be up for more socializing and Nisa figured that with the dots, it meant she was uncomfortable. With knowing they would be on guard duty for most of the trip Nisa and said, “Well get some shut eye Vel we are going to be up late together with a few others.”

With that Nisa resumed her position against the wall and put her helmet back on. If Vel wished to speak more or later she of course could bother her. “Feel free to wake me for any reason.”
    Activity Dates: I am most frequent Monday, Wednesday through Saturday. I am rarely free Tuesdays and Sundays though may be able to find some time.

Currently looking for friends and Rp's if you think I might fit please let me know!

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Buying Rain

After finishing packing, Sheva made her way to the stables. She was nearly done with everything, but there was still one matter that she needed to resolve before setting out.

Rain.

She really wanted to acquire the mare, and from the bits of fight she had with Adam, she realized she needed to head to the quartermaster to get his permission, and to pay the sum of money if she wanted to buy the horse.

The building was heavy with noises, that indicate that the people there were busy with packing and loading everything they needed for the trip, and Sheva tried her best to get the attention of the giant Balder, but soon realized that the task might be impossible, as he appeared to be very busy and hardly even glance at her direction. Scanning for anyone else that will handle her request her eyes stumbled across the the she-orc which stood some distance away. She appeared to be occupied herself, but seemed somewhat more approachable. She was holding some papers and a folder into which she made some marks with a pen- probably signing papers or counting supplies, but those action indicated her to be in charge, or so Sheva believed it to be the case.

“Excuse me”, Sheva walked for her direction, “I was told to address any matters related to the stable and purchase of a horse to master Balder, alas seeing that he is busy I would not like to bother him further with small matters. If you are available to address my request, may I turn to you regarding the acquiring of the white mare? I believe she is named ‘Rain’”.

Peripherally, Shel observed Sheva as she approached, honing in on one of the first skills she had been taught as a child: to always be acutely aware of her surroundings, and to never allow anyone or anything into her circumference by surprise.

So, at first, Shel noted that the dark-haired woman was wandering somewhat aimlessly... whilst still appearing to have some sort of specific goal in mind. This human obviously wanted to find a certain someone, Shel figured, but as to who that someone was the orc gave no mind.

Instead, Shel just kept working, working, working away as if such travail was her most favourite pastime in the world. Inventory was quite meticulous work she was finding—especially when one didn’t know exactly what they were doing.

However, once Sheva began to make her ultimate approach towards Shel to voice her inquiry, the orc turned to face the woman, tilting her head in subtle curiosity.

“You want to purchase Rain?” she responded, acting as if she knew exactly which horse Sheva was talking about. Being a rather new recruit, Shel still had not fully familiarised herself with the names of her fellow rogues (much less the steeds); and while Balder had gone over many things with her, he had not been fully briefed on the procedures of the stables.

Even so, Shel entertained the elven-esch looking woman.

“She is very expensive,” Shel stated pragmatically, now toying with the stranger and anticipating a response from her. Knowing how deep pockets went was very valuable information.

Sheva looked up at the She-orc land measured her words carefully before saying: “I didn’t expect such a fine steed to be cheap. I have some saving. I believe that the matter of money will be of no trouble to me, if we do decide on the price of coins, that is”, Sheva nodded.

I figured as much, Shel inwardly mused, not surprised by Sheva’s response in the least. There was something about this woman that practically reeked of regality, which in turn made it safe to assume that her coin purse was heavy.

Despite herself, Shel felt a small wave of envy course through her veins at this thought. Not only was this woman strikingly beautiful, but she also possessed an abundant sum of coin, it seemed. Of course, there was the trope that wealth was a common cause of problems; yet the orc never could bring herself to agree with this.

More problems come when penniless, Shel thought in a private brood.

So this woman must have the world at her feet.

That notion angered Shel. All her life, she had worked for everything she’d ever had, never asking anyone for shit... and look where it had gotten her.

“Well, then you’ve no problems then,” the orc stated rather matter-of-factly, turning her back on Sheva to retrieve a twined rope that was coiled up just behind them, before proceeding to tie an array of figure-eight knots into it as a horse whinnied in the background.

“So go fetch Rain,” the orc prodded on… still not facing Sheva, as she did not want to give any clues that she was not exactly sure which filly was being referred to. “If the animal takes to you, we can agree on a price.”

“Very well”, Sheva nodded, “Thank you”, she bowed as she started to head for the direction of the stables once more. Most of them horses were gone along with Adam’s, she moved closer for the white mare and tapped on her door.

The horse has lifted its head, tilting the head and gazing at the woman before looking away at something else.

Sheva smiled as she opened the door and walked inside slowly, “Rain, if you please follow me”. It has been awhile since Sheva used a horse, but she remembered all too well the lessons that her mentor taught her about taming animals, and how should she approach them with respect. Her steps were gentle, but confident, and as she reached one hand slowly, the horse looked at her and bent her head, allowing for Sheva to pet it, “Good, does that mean you will?”

The horse made a sound, which Sheva understood as some kind of agreement. She led the mare by her reins back to the place where the orc woman waited, “This will be her”, she said as she made the snow white steed follow her steps.

In the timeframe that it took Sheva to go fetch the mare in question, Shel had finished tying the array of figure-eight knots and recoiled that particular rope in preparation for the journey, before moving on to a bowline as Sheva made her return.

Shel tilted her head thoughtfully at the sight of Rain.

Ahh, she speculated as she recognised the mare by sight, if not by name.

Very expensive indeed.

Shel once again felt a twinge of jealousy over this woman being able to so easily afford such a fine animal, but this time she forcibly crushed these feelings, hoping to banish them from her psyche immediately. Entertaining such emotions was a weakness Shel always told herself, and those feelings of vulnerability were something she found hard to tolerate.

“She suits you,” Shel commented offhandedly, setting her knots aside as she stood to her feet.

“Thank you”, Sheva smiled gently, but she could not shake off the feeling of the detachment in the lady Orc’s voice which was followed by another long moment of silence, in which the orc strode over to the silvery white mare, and took the reigns off Sheva until a deal could be bartered.

“Eight hundred gold coin.”

Sheva swallowed hard. That was an extremely high price; as even if Rain was specially brought up and reproduced through process of a pure bloodline the price was rather steep. Still, like in any business bargain, now came the real challenge.

“I am willing to part with five hundred gold coins, and 70 silver ones”, she tried her best to stop her hands from shaking. It’s been awhile since she wanted anything this badly but she couldn’t let her excitement be apparent.

“I’m doing you a favour,” Shel retorted at Sheva’s counter-offer, looking the other woman right in the eyes. Which was technically true, the orc supposed. She knew that this horse was still unaccounted for, yet was uncertain if Balder would approve of her taking such liberties in selling the animal. One who was so new amongst the Rogues surely did not technically hold such authority.

But Sheva did not need to know that.

Nor did it stop Shel, who by now was also feeling a shiver of adrenalin at the prospect of once more feeling the weight of gold within her palm. So overwhelming was this feeling that she was willing to take quite an aggressive risk behind Balder’s back; hoping to make up for it by laying a handsome sum down before the giant (and perhaps be gifted with some of the excess for her trouble in the barter).

“We both know that is minimising the mare’s worth,” Shel admonished Sheva. “I won’t go below seven hundred for the mare... and for my trouble.”

Shel knit her brows together stubbornly, an expression the orcish were notoriously known for.

“Otherwise you’re free to choose another.”

“Hahah”, Sheva grinned as she felt the tension rising. She knew that she could have just easily settled it with the bar price, but something about the She-Orc’s attitude made her want to test the limits of what was possible to achieve with a bargain.

Sheva appreciated this strong lady, and the fact that she was running and taking care of things, but something about the way she carried herself made Sheva’s blood boil. Sure, Sheva was a new comer, and this was the second person to make her feel unwelcomed, which made her recall of other unpleasant memories in which she felt unwanted. This upset her, but she took a deep breath, while trying to pretend this wasn’t personal. After all, in the end of the day every dealer wanted to sell so that he/she can go back home and restock, which was the boring story of the life cycle.

But she knew that some of the coins will go directly to the pockets of the Orc, which was expected, but Sheva wasn’t comfortable with being the poor sucker, “As you said, this mare is indeed worthy of fine coins, but your price is still a bit high”, which was true to a point. In the kingdom of Salivan, a stallion was worthy of Six hundred golden coins, but only under certain conditions and with presentation of proper documents. But of course, it was easy to come across good horses in Salivan. Maybe prices in this land were different. Still, the game needed to continue.

Attack.

“Six hundred gold coins and three hundred silver coins”, Sheva said slowly, her blue eyes piercing as she searched those of the She-Orc.

And counter attack.

“And I’ll be willing to part with this as well…”, Sheva then pulled out a lovely looking small box, which held a pair of earrings. They were never her style- but they still meant a lot to her. At least they used to. She spent many nights staring at them fondly, caressing their gentle structure. While feeling the soft metal on the skin of her fingers she debated whether she wanted to try them out or not. They were the first gift she received from the Queen when she took the role of a general, but she could have never brought herself to put them on. She always felt unworthy of them, and she was still confused with her own opinions regarding the events which led her to be put in the role of a general. As she didn’t want to choose to be associated with any political wing, the gift ended up being unused. But when she finally took the path of an exile, when she was forced to flee by the mob of bloodthirsty lords and barons any lingering attachment was finally removed.

But why did she keep them? a whim perhaps?… or maybe something else altogether that she herself couldn’t fully understand.

“You can melt them, if you wish to. I believe they are worthy of at least 50 gold coins”.

In response to Sheva’s refusal, Shel raised a single brow in cynicism before silently turning away to go and retrieve her own private effects—as well as those newly knotted ropes. Judging from the body language of the orc, it was likely clear to Sheva that her initial suggestion was being dismissed.

“Oh? Well, where I come from, it is very insulting for a buyer to refuse a second offer...” the orc stated as she hoisted herself up to sit atop Rain, appearing as if she was going to ride away. “...and I don’t take back what I say. If I said it then I meant it.”

And it had been articulated that she would not be going below seven hundred, had it not?

Perhaps she should just take Rain for herself. All she needed to do was galavant right over to Balder, propose some sort of suitable agreement for the silvery mare, and the animal would be hers for the taking. The orc briefly wondered how much that would irk this human; and to be honest, it amused her.

With a click of her tongue and slight tug of the reigns, Shel directed the filly to turn aside, now clearly irritated by Sheva and of a mind to completely ignore whatever trinket the woman was chattering on about. The orc had decided the barter was over, and that was that.

But as she began to slowly trot away, something very specific stopped Shel.

Out of the corner of her eye, she had noticed the bright, foreign-looking stitchwork on the box that Sheva held, and it was… just so strangely beautiful. Why was such an insignificant thing so startlingly intriguing? Its mysterious design was very unfamiliar to the orc, thus making her very curious as to what was inside.

So with yet another tug of the reigns, Shel directed the horse to pivot and then trot back towards Sheva. From the height of horseback, the orc’s eyes narrowed at the exotic item which was held before her, and she tarried on in silent speculation—until Shel decided to draw her bow, without warning, aiming it alarmingly close at Sheva.

The orc concentrated intensely for a moment before she released the arrow, its pointer whizzing roughly half a metre to the left of the human before striking the gut of one very large black rat. It was not only the beautiful that Shel noticed, but the ugly as well; and the vermin had been scurrying not far behind Sheva, probably attracted by the scents of foodstuff that lingered from the packing.

It was the diseased thing that had been soiling the Rogue’s cargo, Shel knew.

Sighing deeply, Shel dismounted from Rain, the impact of her two bootied feet casting up a slight cloud of dust as she extended out her hand to further inspect the box from Sheva’s offering hand. As she began to review what was inside, her demeanour became a bit more affable for some strange reason.

It was at this time that Shel realised something important.

“You’re the one who was dragged in unconscious last night, aren’t you?”

At least that is what the orc had heard in rumour, and it was troubling her. So much so that she was already planning on inquiring into the situation; but this encounter just made it all the easier to find out what happened, didn’t it?

“Who did that to you? Was it Adam?”

Sheva blushed deeply, as she felt rage taking over her. She knew that the events leading to the situation where he nearly hurt her was not fully the young prince’s fault, but hearing his name still set some flares of anger within her, “It was… a mutual misunderstanding”, she said as looked away, somewhat ashamed of herself. And she truly felt so. Being bested by this cheeky person, and having him shaming her more than once was something she couldn’t forgive both him and herself. Not just because she was a woman, but more so because she considered herself to be a capable warrior that could expect such situations and better handle herself.

Her hands reached over both her shoulders as her nails started to dig in she began to bit her lips, “The whole situation irks me to no end- I was careless, and the fault was not him alone… and yet...”, She started to bite harder, “His rage and attitude are so--”

Irritating. How would he allow himself to assault someone just because of words? as if he owned everything and anyone.

Sheva noticed the dead body of the rat, and the arrow that perfectly claved it. This She-orc possessed such might and strength; even if Sheva despised her attitude she still admired her determination. Woman like her would never let anyone best them. She envied her might and her ability to plant fear, for while she was holding her bow and aiming at her, for a brief moment, which she felt lasting like eternity, that’s what Sheva felt. A dreadness for her life.

She was frozen and she hated knowing the fact she was so easily shattered. She felt small and lost.

All the people in this guild turned out to be remarkable mortals, and Sheva had much to learn. But today she felt like she was crashing at the wrong door. How easily will it be for this woman to pull another string and shoot. Sheva couldn’t risk opening out a full magical attack here. Too much at stake, and it looks like the Orc was not going to be budged, and neither did Sheva.

Sheva moved for the pretty looking horse, petting the gentle silky hair of its nape. It looks like she may not get the mare after all, which was a shame really. She really took a liking to it from first sight. The horse made soft clicking sound. She appreciated the gentle petting it seems, and appeared to be calm and relaxed, unlike Sheva.

Body language.

The sound was deafening to those who heard it fluently.

Nails digging into skin. Rage hidden behind the eyes.

Shel recognised it well. So while this human’s voice claimed one thing, her body betrayed her, and spoke of something entirely different. This was unsurprising to Shel.

The brain thinks.

The heart beats.

The tongue lies.

Shel looked down at her own two feet.

Ah, the tongue.

The least trustworthy of all body parts.

Shel had long found talk to be cheap, and thereby listened little to what Sheva (or anyone) verbally stated. Instead, she paid attention to the nuance, the body language, as this was the type of communication that her tribe called The Great Truth.

Thus, it was difficult for the orc to ignore that this human was refusing to actually confirm that it was not Adam who had been the one to knock her unconscious. Instead, Sheva had claimed it was the result of a ‘mutual misunderstanding.’ Yet how one person could fall unconscious in a mutual misunderstanding, Shel did not know.

Eyes alight, the orc eyed the beautiful box once more, adoring its contents, secretly yearning to wear the jewellery... but instead abruptly snapping the container shut before pocketing it with a quick, seamless gesture.

“Rain is yours,” was all the orc stated, much too simply, loving the ornate earrings far too much.

Because, too often, coin is not worth it.

“If anyone asks you about the purchase... feign ignorance on the subject.”

Because who was going to pay for the steed?

Adam was.
    Last edited by Leanna; 02-03-2019 at 10:04 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sheva, who had recently acquired Rain, rode her mare as though she had been hers for years. Knowing that the road may not be easy to trespass through, Sheva decided to leave the comfort of her previously worn attires in the favor of warm and much rougher clothes such as the new coat and robes she bought, along with pair riding pants and boots made of fox's fur. She adorned a belt around her slim hips in which she carefully placed her sheathed kris and a small bag which contained some herbs and other items that will ease nausea. The water bottle she placed around her back for a quick draw. She also wore gloves now, which she decided to put on her hands knowing they will not only serve as an additional shield against the cold, but protect her her mare if her power go astray.

Her long black hair was done in two long braids which lingered behind her, above hood of her cape. She specifically choose a muddy green color for her new style of wardrobe as she knew that such color would serve as a concealing factor if there came a time where they'd be forced to take cover in the wood or ambush foes in the future.

Obviously if she had personal say in the matter she would have preferred a much more colorful and silk smooth like clothing, but she knew that survival was more important than fashion and comfort.

Her old clothes along with other things she brought with her proved to be an unneeded burden, and the last thing she wanted was to overload her new riding companion. But she didn't want to throw or sell anything and when Mary had offered to keep her belongings she was more than happy to agree and also promised the red hair some coins for the service, but the maid refused payment and seemed somewhat upset by such suggestion. All she asked was to make sure they were all back in one piece. Yes... even Adam... To which sheva rolled her eyes and pushed her bag into the bubbling lady hands as she stormed outside, the giggling sound of the woman carried by the wind as Sheva trashed the mud with her heavy, annoyed steps.

“I'm thinking Circus. Much more believable than merchants caravan.”

"Are you going to be our lion tamer then?", Sheva smiled wickedly as she talked to Tris, "Because I can get you a nice smoking ring of fire... Even though the whip might be her thing, I don't think our lioness Mink would like the idea of being tamed... so who would pass through I wonder?", She faked an expression that seemed to make her look deep in thought, "Oh I know", her smiled grew, "I guess you then? After all the show must go on and we must keep up our appearance!"

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“So, now that we are on the road, what was your motive for joining?” Jezibel asked as she trudged alongside Yn and Faur. They had already started on the journey and now was the best chance to learn of him. Jezibel needed to know more of her masters, and now was good. Faur slowed his pace, allowing the smaller horse Junberry to keep pace. It wouldn't do to wear out the smaller horse on her first long ride. Yn gave a look around the group and let a scowl flicker across his face, pulling back some to separate them from the larger group.

“I should let you know more about me huh.” Yn spoke softly, a weariness to his voice. Faur agreed mentally, feeling some pity for the moment. He knew that it wasn't the best topic, but one that needed to happen. Jezi joined with him, now more curious than before.

“I am the son of the grand matriarch of the main tribe. While it doesn't hold my official weight, there is a personal expectation upon me. Along with that, most believe with time I'll become the next war chief.” Yn started, giving her an explanation of both of them. The woman let out a low whistle of awe.

“He future leader of tribe. Big name to big responsibility.” Faur chimed in, his rough voice rather pleasing to hear. Jezibel gave them a smile and was about to compliment them before he held up a hand.

“Save the praise for later. I was part of the northern tribe that remained behind at the northern base. It's one of the reasons I don't wear a shirt unless needed. I'm built for the cold.” Yn spoke with a bit of pride.

“Too dumb to realize when cold.” Faur chided with a chuckle, getting a light thwap on the horns for him. Yn smirked and let a sigh out, an air of forlorn thought crowding him.

“It was during this time on my seventeenth year, that my tribe was attacked. Normally my tribe is strong, easy enough to defeat any roving bandits needed, but this time.. they lost. My entire family up north was killed, and the animals taken.” Yn spoke it quick. Anger flashed through his eyes as they moved on, gently swaying with the movement of Faur.

“I had been out at the Giants settlement, and arrived in time to see them all dead, the animals gone, and the worst, the okhota stolen. I spent two weeks burying them all.” Yn spoke, his voice emotionless and hard. Jezi looked at her new master, a mix of feelings burning through her.

“So… you joined the guild for … revenge?” She hesitated to ask, feeling a bit odd in it. She didn't want to impose upon him, but she felt some bond of what brought him here.

“Of a sorts. I shamed myself back there. If I had been there, I could have helped save them.. or died defending them. I want to reclaim their staves and my kin. I wish to allow them to rest properly. I have no leads though, so I was hoping this guild could help me find the people who attacked.” Yn spoke, his normal smile returning to him. Jezibel could only look upon him with newfound sadness. Though a better upbringing, they had made their own way for the similar reasons. To escape their past.

“Why this guild though. Between the warriors and theives, there are plenty of others that could to this job better for you.” She just had to know.

“I won't trust scoundrels with something so precious, and the warriors wanted more money that I could offer, nor did my furs interest them. There were some darker guilds that may have taken the offer, but I couldn't do that.” Yn spoke up, shaking his head in thought.

“Besides, with such an off color group like this, it seems like the best idea for my goal.” Yn spoke, getting a chuckle from Jezibel.

“You really do have the simplest reasons at times. I may have pegged you wrong then. So, tell me more about yourself.” Jezibel asked of the man, allowing her to lapse into simple conversation. She felt they had similar reasons for being in this guild, if not different stories. She might have to re-examine him from their first meeting.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default GM Mover again

Adam chuckled lightly at both Tris and Sheva. “We don’t have the costumes for a circus maybe a traveling brothel. We have enough pretty looking women and a pretty man here.” He patted Tris’ back firmly.

Tris raised an eyebrow. “I dunno, we've got our strongman,” The archer motioned to Adam, “The world's smartest Giant, a talking deer, and a bearded lady.” He finished before motioning to Sheva. “She's a bit embarrassed by it so she shaves daily of course.”

Adam laughed and urged Ajax further ahead motioning for Tris to follow. Once they were out of range he sighed and looked at the archer. “So it’s been awhile since I’ve been to Ophier what do you know about the Red Clouds?”

“Aside from being bloodthirsty assholes?” Tris asked. “They are messy and not worth what they ask for.”

Tris shrugged. “Don't get me wrong, they get their work done, but the last mission I know of they pulled cost their customer an arm; Literally. If the old man decided to move to Ophier we'd put them out of legitimate business. Of course they'd try to kill us for it.”

Adam hmmed lightly. “Sounds about right from what I heard, what about their skill range and tactics? They’re mostly human right?”

“Almost exclusively.” Tristifer growled. “One of those stupid master race groups; Anyone working for them that isn't human is property. They'll take talk money from you if your not human, but your price goes up.”

Tris patted Baby's neck. “Subtlety is far from their thing so stealth isn't a high point on their skill list. Mostly they run the gamut, although there is this Dwarf they got somewhere who is supposed to have a hell of a talent.”

Adam nodded. “Well that’s our advantage and disadvantage I guess. Most of our group can surpass a human in a fight, but we won’t be able to see them coming as well. Do they have uniforms or badges like us?”

Tris shook his head. “Aside for a penchant for wearing red, the only way they identify each other is a hand signal. Guess they dropped the other after they started being recognized by their victims.”

Adam nodded lifting a hand up rubbing his face slowly.
    “I hate shit like this, this payday best be big enough to choke Ajax here.” He chuckled patting the big gray horses neck who nickered lowly that sounded more like a growl from a big cat than a horse. ”You still got your contacts among the local whorehouses? You know the places where you love to celebrate your favorite holiday Lady Millia’s Festival or something?” The dark-haired man chuckled.

“Of course, who doesn't love the unattached drifter lottery.” Tris grinned, “Best rumor mills around. Know a few other sources as well, can call in a few favors. Why? What you looking for?”

Adam snorted shaking his head. “Of course you have another name for it, I just want to know if you’ve gotten any other news about the Red Clouds. I’m sure they’ve rut their ways around enough to spill some beans.”

The archer chuckled. “Most visitors do talk. The only thing I've learned of though was that the clouds had a source for a big score.” Tris shrugged. “Some purple pointy hat with a chilly staff.”

The archer shrugged again. “Any idea who that could be?”

Adam shook his head pulling his water skin out and took a long pull from it. “Aside from a wizard no. We’ll have to keep our ears to the ground for more info, I’ll have to dust off some of my own contacts. And we should see if Balder has anything more to add.” Putting his waterskin back he clicked his tongue and quickened Ajax setting the pace for the road ahead.

~~~~~

Tris reined his horse in and glanced around at the familiar clearing. “Let's break for camp here.” He called to the rogues, making a circular motion with his finger. As in the many times the past week everyone rounded their horses around Balder’s wagon which had become the main meeting place of the Treasure Hunters.

It’s where they got fed, reported issues, requested items, and got their nightly duties from Balder. Scratching his head slowly the big Giant cleared his throat. “Ok friends, we are about a day or so from the Great Library. We’ll be entering bandit country.” He pointed to the large dark forest to the east. There was a well-maintained road going through it, but no has seen a guard patrol since leaving the more populated areas of the Dominion. While not a no-man land like the area around like Sāmhach in the North, there wasn’t much of value out here and many travelers and caravans have ways to defend themselves out in the wilds so the nations of the Dominion and Avelar don’t bother with patrolling out here. “I doubt they’ll be dumb enough to attack us, but no reason to risk it until daylight.” He looked out over his comrades. “We will stick with the formula from before. Three teams of five for the duties, Adam with the guards, Tris with the hunters, and me being in charge of the firewood and food prep. Nice and simple, but we’ll change up who makes up what team. Adam's Guards will be Jezibel, Su Lin, Yn, Vel, Tris's Hunters will be Shel, Tarrok, Mynx, and Nisa, and with me Jamon, Sheva, Bigwit, Ash, and Faur.”

Tristifer started away from the gathering, he checked his bow as he walked. He stopped and crouched at the edge of the clearing and waited till those assigned to him reached him. “Alright, here's how this will go.”

The archer pointed to the Druid, “Use that green thumb of yours to locate the side dishes. The rest of us are gonna pick a direction and bring back something to eat. Remember that we have a number of mouths to feed so try and get more than a rabbit and don't eat it all yourself.” He raised an eyebrow at Mynx as he said that.

“If you aren't back by sundown, I'll go looking for you. And if you're not struggling to move your prize I'm going to be very disappointed.” Straightening Tris motioned to the direction they were already near. “This side is mine. Good luck.”

Adam chuckled at Tris and motioned for his group to gather around. “We’re just here for the night so two six hour shifts will be good for all. Su Lin you will be joining me on the perimeter patrol for the first shift. Vel you’ll be guarding the main camp while Jezibel and Yn will be sleeping through the first shift. Second shift will be with myself and Su Lin sleeping, Yn and Vel will go on patrol while Jezi guards the camp.” He chuckled and winked at Vel. “Sorry about giving you both shifts Vel, but that’s what you get for riding in the wagon all day.” He gave the rest of his group a salute and went to settle in and gather his gear for the patrol.

With everyone getting their jobs Balder smirked and summoned his small band to him. A Vampire, a Witch, a spoiled human, a Goblin, and a Giant Deer. Thank the Earth he was good at controlling himself or he might’ve burst out laughing. “Ok Lady, gentlemen, and gentle deer our job is a simple one, Ash you’ll be coming with me and Sheva to begin preparations for dinner. And you young Prince will be taking this cart.” He pulled a small wheeled cart from the back of his wagon. “This axe.” He once again reached into his magical bottomless wagon and removed an axe that looked more like a toothpick in his large hands. “And Faur to gather wood from the edge of the forests.” He hooked the large deer up much to the proud beast’s indignantly. ”But the bulk of the gripes came from the young former prince.”But Master Balder what am I needing an axe for? Surely there are piles of felled trees and deadwood we can harvest! It has been a long day on the road we are all tired.” The young man honestly thought he was making a good point.

Tris moved back into the camp to find out where Balder wanted his deliveries and heard the tail end of the youth's comment. Flicking the boy's ear the archer spoke. “Peanut, don't argue with a Giant. If you want to mouth off do it to me, Adam or Mynxie if you got the stones. We can't rip your arm off to make our point. Anyways, you need to toughen up before the kitty cripples you.”

Turning to Balder, Tris called. “You see my hunters wave them down. I didn't tell them where to deliver. Come along Peanut, bring your axe and your deer.” Tris finished turning back towards the woods.

The Giant chuckled crossing his arms over his chest and nodded to Jamon before clicking his tongue and motioning for Ash and Sheva to follow him.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-07-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast