Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Vel had wasted no time. Once her little meeting with the archer had ended she'd made her way straight into the library to being her search. It was best to get a head start on their long search in such a massive tomb of knowledge. She longed to peer into the shelves for anything that seemed interesting, but work came first. Perhaps if she was lucky and they managed to find all these books quickly then she could take a little time to satisfy her own wishes.

With no idea about the meeting, and no one to summon her Vel spent that time searching shelves on her own. She managed to find one of the books on the list and headed back to the main section where a set of tables and chairs resided near the center of the library. She took out paper she'd copied the list of books to and carefully spread it out into one of the main tables for everyone to see once they arrived. She then took the book she'd just found and set down at one of the tables to start looking through it, with her new book opened to a new page and her quill and ink well out beside her.

She started by taking notes of the pages relevant information seemed to be on, summing each bit up as shortly as she could. She'd make sure to keep the book at the table for reference later but for now page numbers were taken down and seemingly relevant information was summoned up as best as she could. She finished skimming through the book and summing up the relevant information when others began to appear in the library. Shutting the book she carefully placed it next to the list, leaving the ink on her blank book to dry she started back into the mass of shelves to seek out a second book.

It took a bit of searching for the Journals of Lord Alyx Worthington but just to be on the safe side she took all of them she could find, loading her arms and once again heading back to the table to search through them. Working her way through the pages it wasn't until a further entry that seemed to even mentions the tears. hinting at his research and further entries delved more deeply. One particular entry stuck out thought and she quickly jotted down the page and the information.

' To the West three more have been lost. One within the future. One in the present and the last possessed by the past...'

What did that mean? One in the future, one in the present and one in the past? It sounded like magic was at work and it already made her head hurt. Maybe it was a riddle of sorts. She mulled over it quietly before putting a side note that it could be a riddle before she started searching through the rest of the journals.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sheva as always was rather… unaffected. While she was somewhat worried about Mynx, she cared little for public displays of brute and punishments. Right now she had much more pressing matters to attend to.

Her skin was a little red after a proper hot bath, and the robes she wore were more fitting for daily matters, and felt much more loose and comfortable on her skin. She didn't want to admit this to anyone, but going through the library felt like finally given a task she felt happy on doing. It was a second nature to her, the halls and books more appealing than sleeping on the road or fighting for her life.

She hummed a gentle melody as she enjoyed the fact that not many people were around her. She liked this silence as she slowly removed books and scrolls for her study.

While the subject of the "tears" was pressing, she couldn't pass on the chance to explore some more knowledge on stones and gems that were actually real, and not mystical and legendary, because as far as she could tell, the "tears" may just as well be a myth.

She was sitting down and coping some notes. Apparently she had used Ambers and yellow diamonds wrongly, not realizing their full magical potential, and there was actually a way to make Phosphophyllite more durable. She was also educating herself in new binding combinations of gems that could enhance or destroy magical spells and enchantments, and also ideal locations for some coals that could be ground down to useful powder that sometimes had more power than blood magic.

After some study she decided to put the books down and stood up slowly. She made sure no one was watching her as she started to move away from the table, leaving her stuff behind as she paced across the shelves, trying to understand the "theme" of each section by the titles of the books.

Right now, while most of her party was busy, she knew it was the best time to dig some information on something else… and personal…

She finally reached her destination. Tomes that collected information on monarchs of ancient time. If there was one thing she was extremely curious of, it was finding out more about Adam's glittering eye, and whatever he was mumbling regarding his sealed fate.

But just as she was about to touch the tomes something bolted at her fingers, as though she has touched a hot coil or a burning metal.

"Damn!", she cursed under her breathe. The whole area was sealed off by a protective ward. She looked around as she noticed few elder looking people heading her way, and in return she made her way for the available opening route, making her silent escape from there. Apparently it was not a subject one should have touched carelessly, and the last thing she needed was someone questioning her motives.

"Probably a wind", said one of them as they questioned themselves on what could have set off the alarm.

This was getting serious, Sheva thought to herself. Not only she could not sense the magical barrier surrounding those tomes, which indicted that a very powerful magic was at work, it also seemed to be heavily guarded and prevented from easily access.

What did the Dova family had to hide?

Sheva then spotted Vel and returned to take her place by the table, beside the open books and ink.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default CO Post bluemoon/Storm - Shared Property

Su Lin stepped close to Jamon, pressing her body softly against his, resting her head against his chest as the two remained in a soft embrace. Jamon's thoughts drifted, for his entire life he was around, and with, those who were to give their life in his protection. During his venture with the Rogues, he had associated with many pretty women and had thoughts of what Mother and Father would think of them.

The woman before him, which he tenderly held, took his breath without any effort, for the first time in his life, he was with someone he would die for. There were no thoughts of Mother and Father, only the woman before him.

Feeling like a lifetime, a moment later Su Lin pressed her lips softly against his chest, continuing to run the cloth along his back before allowing it to drop within the warm water. Jamon started to softly whisper something, however her finger tips touch his lips staying his words. She seemed to struggle for choked words which are softly spoken,
    "I am not someone who is good, you should not feel for me, I bring only pain to those.."

This time it was Jamon who reached softly, touching her lips tenderly and whispering,
    "I know you more than many, no matter the words you might speak, just know this, you own my heart and my soul. You may have bloodied evil men yet no matter what you may speak, I see your heart. The only pain you can possibly bring me is in separating from me…" as he lifted her chin looking back in her eyes. He moved his thumb under her eyes drying the moisture welling there. Su Lin pressed her embrace tighter as their lips touched again for a kiss.

Su Lin was the first to step back, running her fingers gently along Jamon’s right arm. She reached back into the water and grasped the velvet cloth dropped earlier, ringing the water out, her tone uncharacteristically soft as she whispered,
    “The healing potions within the water have done their intent, let us step out so I can secure your arm,” while keeping one arm still around her man.

They stepped out of the pool, Jamon’s pain of earlier subsided as Su Lin wrapped the cloth precisely around his arm. The air and the chemicals which saturated the cloth began to constrict and harden so to better allow the arm to mend. Taking care of the setting of the cloth, she stepped back into his body, resting her head on his chest as they both embraced.

No words need to be spoken as they look into each other’s eyes. Su Lin finally stepped back and grasped one of the towels, beginning to dry herself. Jamon followed suit as they dressed. Before they left the room, Su Lin extended her hand...as they held hands, they left the room back into the corridor. Mrs. Bucholz was already walking towards the room, knowing the length of time Su Lin would need to mend a broken arm, when she slowed her pace looking upon the two. A smile graced Mrs. Bucholz’s lips as she gleefully exclaimed,

“Oh Miss Suzie looks complete.”

This brought a rare smile on Su Lin’s face while Jamon softly squeezed her hand not ever wishing to release this warmth they feel.

Mrs. Bucholz walked with the couple to the great room where Mr. Bucholz had a lunch set out on a marble table.

“Jessie, seems Miss Suzie found her one, they look so divine together.”

Mr. Bucholz simply offered, “That was plain as day when they came in.”

After a quiet lunch, Su Lin asked softly,

“Could you please see my one to rest? I have an errand I must tend to.”

Jamon already knew where Su Lin was likely going and started to slide back from the table where they sat. Su Lin was already behind him and reached her arms over his shoulders, resting her head on his shoulder and holding him tenderly.

“Please, this is something you and I know I must tend to myself. You have given me a peace I have never felt, allow me my formalities. We will speak when I return or when reunited in new lives. My soul belongs to you and even if reborn, we will be together.”

Jamon still stood to face her and pulled her close, choking back he offered,
    “Return to me, we need not speak the words, I offer them anyway. I knew before what warmth felt like, I now know what love feels like. If you find a new life on your meet, I will end this existence and find you in our new.” Su Lin’s talk of life’s existence and death simply bringing new birth and new chances, new choices was something that no longer sounded strange to him. Though not in the same degree Su Lin followed this, it was something Jamon had been accepting the more he listened to the words she spoke over the weeks.

With that, they fall into a passionate embrace before Su Lin stepped back and towards the corridor to depart the bath house. Inside Mrs. Bucholz took Jamon by the hand and walked him to a small room where a bed awaits. Her gentle smile and soothing voice offer,

“I am certain Miss Suzie will be fine young man, you are always welcome here, now rest and we will wake you when Suzie returns to us. If your words hold true young man, if Suzie enters her next life, my husband will have a drink for you to ease in your search for Suzie.”

Jamon thanked Mrs. Bucholz and retired to this room, to wait for his woman, in this life or the next.
    ------------------------
    It does not take long for Su Lin to locate the alley where Mynx and RumTum sleep. Su Lin was not wearing her steel, only a thin dagger sheath on the side of the belt. Her tone soft and untypically friendly,

“My friend, please awaken, I need to speak to you on a difficult topic.”

Uncharacteristically, the cat had not awoken at the woman’s approach, but when the familiar voice beckoned her, the female cat’s eyes opened, a low groan escaping her lips. Curled up on a pile of garbage with RumTum happily purring atop her hip, the first thing the ocecat thought was that she was dreaming. The putrid odor of rot invaded her nostrils as she rotated her head to clear it, a motion she quickly regretted. With gentle hands she lifted the tomcat from her, then pushed and shoved her way through the collected refuse.

Mynx shook her body free of debris, similar to a wet dog exiting a pond. There was a tightness along her back and she longed for another bottle of the spiced painkiller, despite its aftereffects. With her blue eyes turned to Su, she attempted to stand upright, RumTum only making it more difficult as he twined himself around her ankles.

“I awake,” she said, clearing her throat roughly from the dryness that invaded her mouth. “What need?”

Su Lin approached Mynx slipping a thin plant skin from her side pocket that contained a mixture of herbs and a few elements.The inside of the thin tube-like skin held a semi liquid sticky paste substance. It was something that she had mixed and placed within the fragile tube, knowing the punishment Mynx received. Su Lin’s tone was pleasant, yet this time she could not bring herself to look into Mynx’s eyes.

“My friend, first I believe we should apply this to your injured areas. It will help numb pain and speed healing,” she said, handing the tube over to Mynx. “When you finish and are awake and feeling okay, I wish to speak with you about a possession of yours.” The last part was spoken much softer and for the first time since Mynx has known Su Lin, she did not display her usual confidence while speaking.

Huffing, Mynx stared hard at her friend. Even in her semi-sober state she knew something was amiss. Her brow lifting in concern, she brought the healing substance to her nose and sniffed, taking care not to taste it. Without doing as Su suggested, she set the medicine aside, her eyes narrowing.

“I okay...and awake. You tell cat…me...news first.” It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the woman, but the cat was getting a suspicion just what the “possession” was, the conversation from the night past fairly fresh in her mind. She didn’t want anything additional to fog her mind...it was already difficult enough to concentrate.

As Mynx resisted accepting the healing gel, Su Lin offered her a gentle smile.
    “I am happy to hear you are okay, let me know if you later wish to use this.” slipping the substance back in her pocket. Su Lin continued in an atypical soft tone, “Before I speak further, I need to offer an explanation of something. My life has been spent following a given path. I have never sought a real bond to any. The male named Hawk, I give him my friendship yet there would never be anything beyond that. Hawk gives pleasure here…” as she touched her finger to her own temple “...For Hawk - I would kill. My beliefs are that only one may possess my heart. If one does possess my heart, that is a bond for my remaining life. We would be two people that are not able to be separated, one being in two bodies. For that one, I would gladly die.“

A soft smile drew upon her lips, “I had never given thought of bonding to a mate, yet I have found my One.”

Su Lin took a step towards Mynx, sliding her dagger from her sheath. She spun the steel so the blade was resting on her palm, handle facing Mynx while moving her flat palm level with her own heart. Her tone soft and comforting,

“My friend, my One is young Jamon who I gave to you as your property. By my own nature, you have the right to take my life for the dishonor I bring for desiring what I had given to you. I have not shared warmth with young Jamon however I have embraced him. It is within your rights to end my existence for this dishonor I brought upon you. Should you decide to allow my life to continue, I ask you to release ownership of young Jamon.”

With that, Su Lin continued to hold her hand flat against her chest with the blade tip resting over her heart. Su Lin blankly stared towards Mynx, allowing her to work through the words spoken and decide rather to take her right to remove Su Lin’s existence or speak further to her.

With a subtle shake of her head, Mynx placed her hand upon the dagger and removed it from Su’s grasp gently, her fingers playing along the blades as she looked to the assassin. “I can not give what ask,” she said without emotion. “Jamon not mine to release. He only pet...not property...not anymore. Belong to Guild...to Dagur. Name on papers.”

Her head shook again, this time a small smile coming to her lips, the tips of her canine teeth showing over the bottom. “He good pet...but not good husband. He stupid boy. He not worthy of great warrior. I think you should re...think until he become man...a fighter.”

Bending with her knees, Mynx reached down and picked up the tomcat, cradling him in her arms while scratching his head, the dagger still in her possession. Cocking her head sideways in a predatory fashion, her smile broadened. “Until then...I...will share...with you only. Not want give up favorite toy...he keep cat warm.”

Su Lin watched Mynx while she drifted in thought. Mynx’s words held true, Jamon was really not Mynx’s possession any longer, he belonged to the Guild and he was as Mynx described him, a pet of her friend. Mynx sharing her toy with her was more than she expected, her thought was more that Mynx would use the steel to bring a new birth to her. It was a more generous offer that she had anticipated. Su Lin removed the sheath to the dagger, handing it to Mynx, her tone remained soft and friendly.

“Please accept the steel as yours. Sharing Jamon is acceptable and generous. Also I agree our Jamon does have much more to learn. Adam has been instructing him how to be a man which he needs, something I can not teach him. He does better than when he first came to us. You teach him well on strength and cunning, to battle without a weapon. He is learning well when I teach him use of steel and bow. I can guide him in proper Palace protocol for when he returns to his Father.”

A look of dread washed over her face, a trace of pain to her tone, “I did not make a mistake with Jamon, he is my only One, but I just now remembered he is destined to Palace life, that I do not think I can follow him into. I give my heart and my being freely to one I can not follow to his destiny.”

Her expression changed again as though there was another thought forming. With a shyness in her tone and manorisms never seen before she softly spoke. “While you share warmth with our Jamon…” a slight blush came to her face “...teach him well. I can not teach my One about sharing warmth. Sharing warmth with a male is something…” a seldom seen nervous bite of her lip “... I have yet to do.” Through her years she had used her body to attract and distract her targets, but before any had the opportunity to be with her, their lives were lost. For once, it was Su Lin that appeared to be the confused woman she so often would criticize others for being.

Mynx nodded slightly, glad that her compromise had been accepted, but also a little surprised by Su’s confession. Typically this type of surprise would have been met with a smirk...and perhaps a lewd suggestion...but the warrior was one of her only friends, and she allowed her expression to remain kind. With a gentle prod, RumTum was encouraged to jump down, the ocecat placing her new dagger into its protective cover.

“It good knife. Thank you for gift.” She was attaching it to her belt when she froze, her head lifting as she inhaled deeply. Straightening, she rolled her shoulders, grimacing at the discomfort the motion caused. With her eyes narrowing, she snarled, exposing her teeth.

“Ky,” she said simply.

Still looking toward Mynx as she inhaled, more on instinct, Su Lin reached around her back to where her steel would ordinarily be, however her hand passed the empty space her sword would normally rest. As her eyes darted around, she heard Ky before seeing him.

Ky's tone had a hint of playfulness to it as he stepped out of the side alley he was approaching from.

"My, my, dear Nerium, I am glad I had not wagered who would know I approach first. You seem … distracted. And even odder, you do not have your steel. How in Sach's name are you going to protect the young actor posing as a Prince? I trust he showed you already the stone I provided him the other day claiming his life as mine?"

As Ky approached slowly, hand away from his own sword, he looked towards Mynx for a moment.

"Good warrior. I offer you caution. When we last met, you napped. This day is our second meet, the day I claim the thespian's life, my tricks will not cause sleep, this day they will bring about rebirth … or as you can understand, will bring about death."

As Ky focused his attention on Mynx, Su Lin's heart sunk for a brief moment. There was a sensation she had never felt before overcoming her, she allowed one to approach without her detecting the subtle sounds and scents. Ky was obviously wanting to claim her One's life, yet she did not detect him until her friend was alerted. Steel or not, she would not allow even her own elder brother to harm her One. Watching Ky carefully, she ever so slowly stepped toward him, a tone never used before, one of … anger

"I know you seek Jamon, know this my brother, I WILL NOT allow you to bring harm to MY ONE!" her eyes were narrowed, mouth drawn back to the point her nose wrinkled...and there was a coldness Ky had never seen in his sister's eyes.

It was the moment Mynx had been waiting for, her hand having remained paused by her knife while Ky had been eyeing her. She typically used her axe for attacking from a distance, but it was still in her room...and her long sword was buried under a layer of dried grass in the nest she had been pulled from so abruptly this morning. Her large knife would have to do.

When Su Lin screamed out at her brother, drawing his attention, the ocecat wrapped her fingers tightly around the hilt of her weapon and drew it out. She took in a deep breath and held it, trying to focus her mind on her intention. She flicked her wrist sharply, the knife flying in an arc towards the back of her enemy. Her aim was not what it would have been if she had been sober, but she hoped for success.

Ky’s lips formed a near smile as Su Lin revealed something significant. This certainly was most unexpected … and most unfortunate … to those who paid him his coin. Before he responded to his sister, Ky detected an ever so subtle movement from behind him, sensing the silent predator his sister traveled with making a move. As Mynx flipped her knife toward Ky’s back, he simply rotated, side stepping the blade.

Still deathly focused on her own brother, the threat to her One, Su Lin continued to stalk slower toward Ky. As he sidestepped, her thoughts were purely on protecting the man she would give her love to, purely watching her brother for his next move...and then she let out a gasp as pain shot through her body, caused by the steel which found its mark. She staggered back a pace before looking down, feeling the warmth of her own blood flowing. Her knees felt wobbly and she dropped to them, all the while keeping focus on her brother.

As Su Lin collapsed, Mynx’s knife fell to the side of Su Lin on the ground. Ky tilted his head towards Mynx and spoke in a non-typical soothing tone.

“Fellow warrior, I propose a truce this meet. Elder Pr… my sister is in need of rest. There are many sunrises ahead should you desire to spill my blood, what say you silent killer of the night?” As he spoke, his hand was positioned where he could reach his sword if needed.

The ocecat stood stunned, her gaze shifting from Su to Ky...then back again. She had done this...injured her friend...and what would await her this time when she returned to the Annex? With a shake of her head she growled low in her chest, giving the male assassin a snarl for a response.

“I not truce with you...whatever means. This your fault...blade meant for your flesh.” She closed the distance between her and Su, shouldering past Ky and giving him a reproachful glare. As she knelt, her hand went to the gash along the woman’s side, pressing hard to stop the bleeding.

“Cut not bad...I use medicine you try give to me? Make better. Cat not mean hurt friend.”

Su Lin, still wincing at the pain caused by the laceration and the embarrassment, bit at her bottom lip as Mynx held pressure on the wound to her side. Her tone struggled, not desiring to admit she messed up on this one, while slipping the tube originally intended for Mynx out and handing it to her

“Yes, this will help, and stop the blood fast, help my pain…” She then moved her free hand to her own head “... won’t help me from being stupid though. My friend, you did not hurt me, I hurt me for letting my mind be stupid...” before casting a hard gaze toward Ky.

Ky, still some paces from Mynx and Su Lin, simply watched with his arms folded, his tone flat,

“This would be another wager I would have lost. Tell me Mok Su Lin, is this a tale you weave of the child actor being your One in some desperate plan to convince me to leave the actor his life, or do you actually choose that Thespian?” a slight sigh escaped him as he continued “.. the blood nourishing this alley ground somewhat answers my own question. You really were careless my sister.”

Su Lin’s gaze and tone softened,

“I do not believe you had to ask, my choice of my One is not something I would ever casually speak of or commit myself to. Don’t you know me Ky?”

As the siblings spoke, Mynx applied the healing potion to Su’s wound, wiping the excess blood on the legs of her clothes. She mumbled to herself, her ears twitching as she turned them alternately towards the sound of their voices. She was troubled over Ky referring to Jamon as an actor, not sure what he was referring to and worrying that there was something she had forgotten. As for thes-bean, she had no idea what that meant, but that was nothing new...she was used to people saying things she did not understand, the common tongue full of too many words that were over her head.

Finishing, the feline sat back on her heels, setting the remainder of the solution to the side. Her head was still spinning and she longed to return to her nap, but perhaps somewhere with fewer rank odors. She could still smell the garbage on her clothes, and the one piece suit was the last of her outfits...which meant she would be purchasing another. Sighing, she set to cleaning her hands, licking the blood from them slowly. RumTum slipped in beside her, rubbing his scarred head against her, a low purr emanating from his chest.

Ky kept an unusually polite gaze toward Mynx while continuing with Su Lin.

“Of course I do, though there may be some which you do not know about your own self. You did as father asked and left SonYuRi, what you may not know, Prasea did not send anyone to seek you. King Renner fell ill a year after your leave and his pathetic excuse of a Prince took throne shortly after. Young King Renner could not keep his land out of the hands of forces that overthrew his weak lead. No sister, Prasea now is ruled by …” a knowing grin formed on his lips “... one more deserving and able to lead through strength and wisdom. When you finish your venture with your … Rouges … you might wish to return to see father, he now lives in Prasea with the other elders of SonYuRi.”

A genuine expression of confusion came across Su Lin.

“Ky Lim, why would father desire to stay within Prasea? I don’t understand…”

Another look of almost … amusement formed upon Ky, equally amused was his tone while tilting his head.

“It seems that another sneaks up upon us … with the stealth of a pregnant cow rambling through a glass merchant’s shop.” now looking toward the entryway of the alley.

Mynx’s gaze followed that of Ky’s, her eyes narrowing as she caught sight of her ward. He was making a lot of noise, but at least the scent of the barmaid was off his skin. She had no desire to speak to him, his antics of last night, along with the events of the past few hours, making her less tolerant than usual. Lacking her typical grace she rose to her feet and moved in his direction. She had no intent of interacting, merely hoping to pass by him with no interference as she made her way back to the Annex. The conversation between brother and sister had turned to family matters, which she was inclined to ignore. Sleep was of more importance.

Su Lin casted her view upon Jamon as he entered the alley and Mynx started towards her One. The herbal blend originally intended for Mynx acted as a bonding element, slowing her bleeding and numbing some of the pain. She glanced to Mynx’s large knife, still close to her, then grasped the handle of the knife looking toward Ky, the look in her eyes obvious to him. As she started into a crouch, grasping the knife firm in hand, Ky was already to her side, his hand gently wrapped around her wrist that held the knife. Through a grin Ky offered.

“Now that is the Nerium I know, worry not my sister, I hold no further intent on causing harm to your One. Know this Su Lin, there is more to this play unfolding than you are aware. Care well for the young Prince till your eyes come open to what is before you.”

Ky stood and closed his hand into a fist, touching it to his chest and offering a nod in Jamon’s direction.

“I bid you a gentle day young Prince…” before turning and stepping further down the alley opposite where Jamon entered, offering a rare chuckle as he heard his sister in a somewhat irritated tone ask,

“Pregnant cow? My One was not that loud…”

Jamon watched Mynx approaching, and also focused on Su Lin and the blood to her side, as well as the pooled blood on the ground. All that Su Lin and Mynx had been driving into him over the weeks seemed to kick in. Not like the stupid boy of near a month ago, nor as a gifted combatant he might eventually become, but still with a slight impressive display, Jamon reached behind his back sliding his short sword from the sheath along his back taking a typical stance Su Lin had been showing him. Jamon’s eyes darted about looking for what might be a threat, knowing Mynx was protective of Su Lin, he also recognised her brother he had mistakenly considered his friend. Jamon does not see any that might have caused harm to … his woman. An unusual coldness in his own tone,

“Miss Mynx, am I late? Are the bandits that harmed Miss Su Lin still in the area?” now looking and focusing on Su Lin “...are you able to move my dar… Miss Su Lin?”

With a barely discernible lift of her lip, the cat slowed and glanced around the area suspiciously. “Not know about late...but no bandits...area clear. As for Su...I harmed...but aim for Ky. Bad mistake.” She continued on her way without further explanation, the grey tabby taking to her heels a moment later, his tail held high as the two headed along the road towards the Annex.

As Mynx and Rum Tum make their way along the road to the Annex, Jamon sheaths his sword and steps toward Su Lin, his tone going softer as we looks upon her while she removes a purple ribbon from her waist wrapping it holding pressure on wound to her side

“I know I was to wait for you, yet I could not. It looks like I arrived a moment too late.”

Su Lin looks to Jamon as he comes closer. Thoughts that had run through her mind that the young man was a Prince, he would have a life she knew of and studied yet she might not fit into. Thoughts of she may have rushed into the feelings she had developed for this sweet man, thoughts she should walk away before they deepen, those thoughts fade as she looks upon this man before her. As Mynx and Rum Tum are further up the street, Su Lin reaches over softly touching Jamon’s face offering in a soft tone

“Please do this which I tell you. We have much to talk about my One yet now is not the time. You are in service to Mynx, follow her and help her. Do as she instructs. Only know this, your service to her will not change here…” reaching her hand over her heart “... you will forever be my One. We will speak more when the dark of the night is upon us. Go and follow Mynx, I have another I need talk to about something confusing he spoke of.”

Before Jamon has a chance to protest, Su Lin turns and silently steps deeper in the alley in the direction Ky had traveled. Reluctantly Jamon turns and starts in the direction Mynx and Rum Tum walk, his pace quick so as to catch up with Miss Mynx and … the … pet?

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default GM POST: Time to hit the books or the bricks!

The morning trailed off into the afternoon and as the sun was dipping into the evening the rouges were all still busy with their assigned tasks. Adam, Sheva, Vel, Jamon, Ash, and Su Lin are going to the library, being the most focused and studious of the group and the ones most likely to not set the place ablaze out of boredom. The rest were down in Alegast and some of the surrounding hamlets following up on rumors of the Red Clouds or places with odd happenings or out of places defenses as they would most likely be where a Tear would be. They had learned from the old tales that there were thirteen or fourteen lost Tears. But the exact nature or location of each was hazy at best.

Most agreed they all aligned with the elements. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Metal, Mind, Body, Spirit, but there were also talks of more esoteric Tears like the Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Time, Life and Death Tears. As expected no one knew for sure, but if the group could find at least a crumb of a direction to go maybe they could luck their way through the rest? Only time would tell.

And time seemed to be going at a snail's pace for Adam as he sat hunched over in a comfortable arm chair in a quiet part of the library ideally leafing through another dusty old tome remembering the suicide inducing lessons of his youth. Stuck inside on sunny days while a wizened old man or witchy old woman prowled around him with a large switch ready to lash him across his back for any hint of idleness. he was always more of a Scholar and Artist than his brothers, but these days pushed him to the edge of even his patience. After his lessons getting his ass kicked by the Master-at-arms was a relief to go through some days.

He was currently reading over the works of Archbishop Ramiel of the Church of the Mountain Father. He remembered the Pilgrim's many exciting youthful adventures being told to him as a boy. But these were mostly collections of idle thoughts and ramblings from his older days when he spent most of his time doddering around this Abbey or that. Far from the most interesting, but they were as good a place as any to look for information on the Tears of the Ice Queen.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-24-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Tristifer, having his plans interrupted, turned back to his room paging through the book. He stopped mid stride and smirked. He resumed his pace chuckling to himself. This is gonna be funny. He thought.

Reaching his room he retrieved a bit of charcoal and scribbled a note.

Adam,

Vel is chasing an angle for me. I told her she could have her head in the library, and you'd make sure she was left alone. Let her know you got this and are supportive by winking at her, told her that was the signal.

Tris

"Pup, I have something I need you to do." He called. When she arrived he handed her the folded note. "Deliver this to Adam then come find me in town." The archer stood and made his way into town.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The day had shifted from morning to afternoon and Ashvel was enjoying his time in the library. Since he loves to read books this was the best assignment for him. He was actually surprised that there were no spells on the library to keep his kind out, though they must figure that not all vampires like to read so there are no precautions. Which was fine by him. The quiet of the library was a welcome environment since this trip had started there were more inconveniences that had come their way, and he expected it to get worse the further down the rabbit hole they go. So, any time he could dedicate to relaxing he would.

The pile of books he has read through were piling up on the desk. Already reading through fifteen books since he had gotten here. Yet none of them had any information on what they were looking for. The rest of the Gallery weren't around him since they all took different parts of the library. Each taking a different approach to their research. As he was reading his sixteenth book there was a reference to the 14 starlight's that had fallen to earth, and how this fictional poem has a deeper meaning on the history of this world. There are some people that believe this set of poems is based on real life events and that they have a significant meaning to how the world should be moving forward.

Ashvel stopped reading as he remembered reading this poem at the city in the forest where he lived with the Elder and Umbra. The poem is based on a star falling to earth and shattering into 14 different pieces these pieces were said to hold great power and with that power the one that held it would become a God in their own right. The stones have a will of their own and could corrupt the wilders of that power. Because of that 14 warriors fought the wilders of the star shards and took the shards and hid them in different locations. Where the warriors would guard them till the end of time.

Ashvel only shook his head and put the book down. He was not in the mood for fiction, and he needed to find some clues about where the Tears would be. Giving a slight sigh he moved to the next book and began to read. He wasn't paying any attention to anything that was happening around him as a single guard moved in behind him, and two of the librarians beside him. They wanted to protect the books if something went wrong.

"Excuse me sir, but we need to speak with you." The guard said without a hit of emotion in his voice. This dead pan voice is what caught Ashvel's attention. He put down the book, and stood up in his seat. Turning to look at the guard that was standing behind him.

"As you wish." Was all he said as he didn't want to fight in the library. He had no idea what this was about, but he knew causing a scene here would get the others in trouble. Besides, he didn't want to hurt any of the books. He had more respect for the books than he did the guards.

The guard cuffed him and led him out of the library. Putting up no resistance they left the library and made their way to a different part of town. Where the councilmen and the jails were located. The guard didn't speak to him nor did Ashvel speak to him. All he did was wonder what this was all about. Though the answer would be coming quicker than he thought when the guard got him down an abandoned street and he took his spear and stabbed Asvel through the shoulder.

"You filthy creature you will pay for killing my friend."

Ashvel was taken back by the fearse hate in the man's voice and the spear blade that was protruding out of his shoulder, he clenched his teeth from the pain. Letting the pain subside before speaking once more.

"I didn't kill anyone."

"You fucking Vampire. Like you would admit to killing anyone."

"That is enough." A mysterious voice said coming from the other end of the street. A well dressed man approached the guard and the man pulled the spear out of Ashvel's shoulder and saluted the stranger. As the spear was removed Ashvel seemed unaffected by the injury. In fact the hole healed, the moment the spear was removed.

"This creature will face his judgment, but not by your hand. Now take him to his cell so we can get moving with the interrogation." The man said as he walked up to Ashvel looking at him and seeing the pin for the Rogues gallery by his neck. Removing the pin he looked into his eyes. "You should have never come here." He said looking at the guard and motioning him to take Ashvel to his cell. The guard roughly grabbed Ashvel's arm and pushed him towards the prison.

The man looked at the pin and clenched it hard in his hand as he turned to follow the prisoner and the guard into the jail. There was the killing a couple of days ago, and then the murder last night. There had to be more to this, but the two Cursed were definitely to blame, and they will be punished for it.

As Ashvel was led into the jail he didn't put up a fight. Granted if he wanted to he would be able to easily escape, but that would go against everything he believed. He didn't want to hurt anyone nor did he want to be killed for something that he didn't do. Giving a long sigh as he just allowed the man to let out his frustrations by stripping his excess clothing that protected him from the sun.

As soon as he was stripped into his white undershirt and his black pants the guard saw the red spot where Ashvel had been injured. The guard had never seen a Vampire keep a wound before, and decided to hit the injury.

Cringing at the strike the wound started to bleed worse. However, Ashvel didn't have time to react to the strike before he was pulled once more deeper into the gloomy prison. As he was dragged he looked around at the place and memorized the pathways that he was being forced down.

Not taking long to reach the cell when the guard stopped nodding to yet another guard that unlocked the door. Ashvel turned to look at the room, and realized that there was more sunlight in the room than there was not. Only one little corner was free of light and there was quite a bit of light between him and that shadow. Yet alone there was another person in the cell.

The guard bent down and talked directly into Ashvel's ear. "Why don't you two kill one another and save us the trouble." The guard said before shoving the young Vampire into the cell.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Willow and the wisps - A siks and P.K. Co

Vel Looked through the books, checking over the dusty titles one by one as she made her way slowly. By this point everyone else had made their way to bed leaving what little research had been done paused, they may yet get more done in the morning but since Vel did not require sleep and there was oh so much to read. This was the best use of her time.

She pulled down another book and flipped through some of the pages. They had pulled out most of the books that the letters had mentioned with the help of the Senior Scribe. But there were still many questions left to answer and many books left to look through.

In the silence of the Great Library Vel's flipping through books was the only sound until the soft sound of an animal snuffling a few stacks down from her. Then the soft thumping sound of an animal scratching itself.

Vel Didn't notice at first but the sound was so out of place in the stillness of the library that she looked up from the book. Was that an... an animal in the library? her first through was the damage to the books and her second thought was how angry the dean might be with them if any of the precious books here were damaged while the guild was here! Ever since her transformation animals had never been fond of her, they always grew nervous when she drew near. But if there was a mouse, or worse rats in the building... they were more likely to be less afraid of her.

Vel quietly shut the book in her hands and placed it back in the shelf before she slowly and as quietly as she could began following the sounds in the silent library.

Stinkin' mortals, always getting their dirty fingerprints on everything. A soft wispy voice listed up from down about Vel's shin level. Following the continuing grumbling Vel soon came upon a small almost ethereal creature with a large gray book in it's paws. Vel could hear the grumbling in her mind, but the animal didn't seem to have a mouth.

Vel paused at the voice glancing around but... But there was no one else in the library and she hadn't heard it with her ears... She stopped completely in her tracks when she saw the strange creature. It looked like a rabbit, But it had antlers and it was pitch black. She stared in wounder for a moment her mind going through every book she could remember reading trying to come up with an explanation. she couldn't suffer from sleep deprivation and she was pretty sure being dead she couldn't be effected my illusions so what could it be? she thought slowly crouching down, trying not to make a sound as she studied the creature. was it the thing that spoke? and it was holding a book! she was in awe had she read something about creatures like this? She didn't dare reach out, if it was an animal then it likely wouldn't take kindly to her presence.

As if sensing her thoughts the creature turned around half jumping over the tall stack of books it was organizing. It's nose twitches as did it's ears, it's pupiless white eyes stared at this strange girl as if it could see through her heavy cloak and bandages. Squinting it's eyes he spoke to her mind again. "Who are you? What are you doing in my Library?"

Vel was startled and nearly fell back on her rump as she blinked bewildered at the creature. My Library? she thought. it wanted an answer. Vel panicked for a moment, she couldn't talk! she started reaching for her pouch to pull free her ink and pen before pausing for a moment. But it spoke in her mind... could it.. read her mind. Strange things had happened to her before but this left her a little confounded. Slowly Vel leaned forward, resting on her knees as she stared back into the white eyes of the rabbit creature.

"My name is Velaire." She thought hesitantly wondering if she was adding crazy to her personal traits right under undead. "What do you mean your Library?" She felt almost bare under the strange creatures gaze, like it could see right through her. "What are you?" she wondered.

The creature thumped his ghostly foot in slight annoyance hopping back over the books to stare more closely at her. "Well Velaire, I don't really have a name, just a title. The Librarian, and its my Library because I've been here since Alegast of the Green Eyes built this place. I was his familiar. Now what are you doing here?"

Vel was intrigued. A familiar? and Alegast's no less! That means he'd have to be hundreds of years old! A spirit creature, A Will'o'Wisp. She'd read about them long ago but to actually see one let alone speak to one. She reeled in her thoughts after a second as she settled back against her legs to think over his question. It was probably best not to lie, and she didn't feel there was a need to. If he had been here this long perhaps he knew exactly what she needed to look for, that is if he was willing to help.

"I'm here looking for information about The Tears of the Ice Queen" It was strange. She'd never spoken to anyone this way, or anyway in such a long time. But at the same time this also seemed so, freeing. Someone could hear her inner voice and all the things she wanted to say. She didn't have to struggle or make someone wait as she wrote words on a paper. Vel leaned forward again, earnestly but eagerly as well. "Perhaps you could help us."

The creature narrowed it's haunting eyes at her almost as if he was angry, but as his smoke like ears began twitching in time like a metronome she could see he was thinking. "Tears of the Ice Queen? By the Mana no one's come looking for information on those since Alegast himself and he was just the curious sort." The Librarian looked down, his eyes squinting some more as he poured though his centuries of memories and experiences. "Yes there are some tomes on the subject, and in fact I have one in my burrow as some light reading when the grubby mortals are stomping around during the day. But as you can hear my voice it means you have some magic in your blood or part of the spirit world yourself." He hopped closer and peered under her hood his ghostly eyes seeming to penetrate beyond her covers. "Hmm both...how intriguing. Okay so I assume you know how familiars work yes? Normally I can only be seen by the Mage who summoned me, but Alegast freed me from bondage just before he went hunting for the Tears himself. Odd choice, but I was free. Still free or not I am bound by the Cosmic Laws, I can never lie, never kill in cold blood and so forth. But I can also not just give up my secrets to just anyone. And as a Spirit of Intelligence I have but one question to ask and there is only one right answer." He sat up tall his ears flicking towards Vel. "Why do you seek this knowledge?"

Vel remained quite watching the reaction of the spirit creature in a nervous interest. "Really?" She leaned forward again with eager interest. She paused though as he went on before sitting back nervously as he hopped closer and peered under her hood. Both? Did he just say both? But before she could ask what he meant he went on. She nodded in response listening closely to what he said. A free familiar. And he chose to stay here but it was his spirit of intelligence that made that make sense. what better place to stay but a place full of knowledge. his question gave her pause for only a moment, they came here for clues and information. "knowledge." she thought looking down at the spirit creature. "For Knowledge's sake." Her guild wanted to know but so did she, just as herself.

He studied her mind closely and found she was not lying. He gave an almost cheerful thump of his black foot. "Very good, this is one of the most exciting things that have happened around here in over four centuries." He quickly climbed up Vel's body and wrapped himself around her neck. He felt nearly weightless, but a strange sensation filled Vel's body like she was standing inside a dying fire-pit, no heat, but the smell of smoke was strong enough for her to smell it. "Ok this whole place is built like a maze for magical energies, Alegast set it up and I have been maintaining and improving it in my freetime. Follow my instructions exactly and I'll take you to my burrow." He pointed a wispy paw forward. "Go that way for fifty feet then turn right."

Vel was startled by his sudden swing and before she could react he was warped around her neck as he excitedly explained that the place was a maze, for magic no less. Vel couldn't help feeling a bit of turmoil about the mention of magic, but she had nothing against magic inherently just when it was used on her so she managed to push it away as she pushed herself to stand peering down the way the spirit pointed. She supposed she had nothing to lose, specially if it brought her closer to answers. She followed the spirit's directions exactly as he instructed.

The Librarian sensed her unease, but filed it away for later and led her quickly to a part of the Library that looks like it hasn't seen a visitor for decades. There was a very slight path worn by the quick wispy feet of the Familiar. The girl could sense an almost pleasing flow of energy coursing from the strange ethereal animal around her neck. As they reached the end of a very long and dark aisle Vel's undead eyes would be able to see what looks like a hutch made of broken chairs and even some cast off statue bits. He patted her head with his one ear before he jumped from her back and landed lightly upon the ground a small cloud of dust puffing up around him before the motes settled back on the worn wooden floor.

Shaking himself lightly he turned to look at Vel closely as he usually did. "Here we are! I'll need to hunt around a bit, but you are welcome to come in. You will just need to loose the cloak and hood, the entrance is small, but once you get past that it opens up enough to fit a six foot tall human male." The strange spirit beast waddled his ears at her before he shot through the opening in the hutch vanishing from view.

Vel was awed, how had they not found this earlier? she felt like they had been over every inch of it. She stopped as patted her head and leaped to the ground. Taking a moment to look around before studying the hutch itself with curious wonder at how it was crafted. She looked at the spirit when he invited her inside and couldn't help being bewildered as she looked to the entrance. But before she could respond he was gone. She stood for a long moment wondering how that could be, but of course the answer was simple, most likely magic. The discomfort was real, but more so was the idea of losing her hood and cloak. In a room on her own with no fear of someone walking in was one thing, locked doors were a great invention, but this place was still public... wasn't it? Could she get away with just waiting out here? She supposed that would be rude though.

With a heavy sigh she pushed her hood back allowing her amber hair to spill our while she pulled the scarf from over her face and began to pull herself free of her wrappings. The Librarian already seemed aware of what she was so if it was just him then it was probably alright. She carefully folded her clothing and set it to the side of the hutch, leaving herself in a simple tunic and trousers exposing her sickly pale skin to the dark as she crouched down peering at the entrance for a moment, even as small of a woman as she was she was not totally sure she could fit. hopping she wouldn't get stuck she started to crawl through.

Vel crawled along a tunnel that forced her to crawl on her belly for a few feet before she saw the soft orange glow of either a fire, or more likely since she was walking into a wooden spirit rabbit's house some kind of magical light source. But true to his word The Librarian's little hutch opened up quite nicely and looked to actually be built into the structure of the Great Library's wall instead of thrown together like it appeared to be.

As the undead girl entered she'd see the light source wasn't exactly magic, but some kind of potions strung on a string line along the ceiling obviously alchemy was involved here. The Spirit creature was standing on his hind legs along a rabbit sized walkway his paws quickly running along the wall which appeared to be all bookcases. He glanced back at her and nodded. "Welcome to my home, make yourself comfy please."

Pulling herself through the last bit of tunnel and onto her knees she looked at the interior with some fascination. Alchemy lamps? she pushed herself to stand slowly taking in the inside of the den before looking to the spirit again as he spoke. More bookcases it was like a library inside a library! probably a true scholars dream. "Thank you." She looked around carefully to be sure she wouldn't knock anything over as she moved. "Did you build this?" she asked. "Does the Dean know you're here?" She was fascinated, almost enough to forget that she was without her cloak and hood in the presence of another, even if he didn't seem bothered.

Books, books and more books she wondered for a moment how long she could go before she would have read every book with in this building. months? years? decades? hundred of years? she could see herself being content with that, maybe after this quest was over she could see if the dean would allow her to stay at times. It wasn't as if she had a time limit she could spend hours a day, all night even reading. It was beginning to sound more and more appealing to shut herself away from a world that hated her and forget about her own self loathing to sink into knowledge of the years and other peoples adventures.

Hopping along the walkway The Librarian's ears twitched in thought. "Myself and Alegast when we first built the Library. But like everything else I have added to it since I was freed. As for the Dean I doubt it, since Alegast passed I've been little more than an urban myth among the Scholars and Administrators. A freed Familiar of my age and experience is quite valuable and as much as I enjoyed working with Alegast of the Green-Eyes. I'm not going to jump right back into the arms of another Master."

"I see." Vel murmured in her mind as she watched the once familiar pick through his books. she wondered if he was lonely sometimes with out Alegast. But she didn't openly pose the question beyond the passing thought. Must be nice at times to be by one's self with out worry about others thoughts and perceptions. Though she supposed humans were more social creatures then spirit familiars were. "Are there... other spirits here?" She asked once again browsing the selection of books, there were a few titles she recognized from her families library but the most of them were new to her.

The rabbit's ears drooped a little as he shook his head pulling an old red tome from the wall and hopping down to Vel's level. "No...most Familiars get sent back to the Mana when their Master passes, but Alegast was...a different type of mortal. He liked having me around as a companion even after he freed me. But he never dismissed me, and since he is now dead I am stuck in the mortal plane until a descendant can dismiss me. And...as far as I know Alegast has no family left." His ears remained drooped as he handed the book to her. "Here, it's very old, but I remember it having a passage about the location of some Tears." His voice inside her head remained sad, but his ears perked up slightly like finally being of use to someone again made him happy.

Vel couldn't help but resonate with his loneliness in a way. "It sounds like you two were very close." she said gently in her mind as she took the book. She wished she could help, but she couldn't use magic let alone dismiss a familiar. She might know someone who could help but she'd never seek them out, ever. What comfort could she be? a lonely individual herself. Vel hesitantly reached out and rested her palm on his back in an attempt to lend some comfort. She turned her attention to the red tome and carefully opened its old pages. Tentatively turning them careful not to tear them as she searched. It took a moment but she finally found the Passage he's spoken of.

The Librarian thumped his wispy foot in joy as she petted him. "Yes, quite close. The passage is small but as good a starting place as any for such fabulous treasures." His ears stayed drooped, but the inner voice chipper as he began moving about his small house tidying up. "And thank you for the company young one. Ever since Alegast died no one has been able to talk with me, even more someone like me that gets lonely." He began walking up the steps to put some books back. "Please feel free to drop by upon your return, you'll be able to find my hutch again...just follow the footprints in the dust." While still cheerful, there was a small twinge of hope under the ancient creature's soft words.

Vel looked to the Librarian as he thanked her for her company. So he did get lonely. She looked back down to the book contemplating for a moment as she stared at the passage once more. "I will." she responded finely before looking up once more. "why don't you come with us?" she asked suddenly. she closed the book but kept one of her finger on the page as she turned to face him. "Perhaps our adventure wont lead to anything, but maybe it could. If nothing else we'd both have some company till its over. and maybe it will bring you to a relative to Alegast you never knew." A part of her was hopeful to. It been nice to be able to communicate with someone so freely with out the confines of a page and ink.

The Spirit Animal stopped in his steps and his ears twitched in thought again. Placing the books in their proper place he nodded slowly. "I think I will like that, I've read every book in this place at least three times...it'll be nice to have a chance at some new reading material. Yes I will come with you my dear."

Vel’s pale features lit up in an unusual smile. It felt foren to be smiling so wide but it was a pleasant sensation. All that was left was to compile the information they now had and decide where it would send them next. She wasted no time in jotting down the information she found in the passage.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

*I swear, big as three of me! Tried to steal me kid, it did.* Fred answered, shaking his head to the sound of bell ringing in the afternoon air.

*Oh, that sounds horrifying. When did this happen?* Yn asked, leaning against the fence pen. He had been wandering around the farmlands, listening to the animals speaking to each other, walking quietly around the area as he did. The farmers gave him and Jezi a wide berth, a bit cautious about the large hairy man walking around, but not brave enough to actually do anything about it. Jezi kept a few paces behind him, just watching in humor as the man she was serving made the strange animal noises, even more the animals excited motions at a human being able to both speak and understand their language.

“So, anything of interest yet?” Jezi asked, stretching her muscles and looking around the fields. She couldn’t help feeling the eyes of the farmers on them, resisting the urge to shout at them. Normally she wouldn’t even be out in the fields, and would probably be helping the others in the library, but she was ordered to be with Yn, and that was where she would be regardless of her feelings. Yn stopped in his conversation as he let out a few more bleats, drawing his conversation to a close.

“Well, other than the food tasting a bit different, but more so some really strange creatures coming to steal young animals in the night. Apparently they look like hairless humans with overly muscled bodies, and very strange flesh.” Yn spoke, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. Jezi blinked in surprise, not having heard of anything close, other than maybe a very sweaty bandit stealing creatures.

“You can’t be serious on that being a lead? I mean, that isn’t out of the norm for people to steal an animal for food or money.” Jezi rebulked the idea almost as immediately it was given. Sure the idea like this would be nothing of worth to any of them, so why even hazard it. She was about to mention as such when Yn stopped her, still in thought.

“I know several people who would hunt creatures in the night, but most usually go for the larger creatures for food and better skins. Not many would steal the children of the beasts, along with the most curious part of all for the information,” Yn filled her in, rubbing his chin a bit before closing his eyes, “They left marks of strange shapes.”

“Strange marks… and oily bandits? That’s what we have to go on?” Jezi fumed, feeling like they had been running around on a useless hunt for information. She was about ready to yell at him, but just let out a staggered sigh. She knew this man was both too young, and was on his own quest only to get wrapped up in this mess. There was no harm to any of this, but they had a job, and this was nothing more than a waste. She looked to Yn, but already telling him was going to be useless. Something about this made her wonder if there was really something to this.

“So, where does this leave us?” Jezi asked him, folding her arms as she waited. Yn closed his eyes before pushing himself off the fence and stretched his legs. He motioned her to follow and began walking towards the far end of the yard. He moved around carefully, allowing Jezi to follow him carefully as they neared the edge of the cattle land. With a motion, he pointed to the fencing, motioning her to look carefully along the fencing. She sighed and did so, noting the fresh lumber and how most seemed to have barely been there for a few weeks.

“So? The thieves were just sloppy as they tried to steal creatures?” Jezi offered up to him.

“Sure, but most thieves trying to hit up a farm would not be trying to break down a fence. Doing that would cause most creatures to flee. Whatever hunted, was more likely big, fast, and a predator for them. Second reason, they are both numerous and strong enough to steal the young of these animals in the night, and terrifying for the mothers to not try and defend their kin. It must be pretty terrifying for the mothers to abandon their young so readily. I think there is something more going on here.” Yn paused as he knelt down, sniffing the dirt and looking around the forest line. He knew something was off about this place, but he couldn’t really place a reason to the idea, other than just something being off. If he wanted ideas, he would need to read up on urban myths and find something that fell in line here. If it was something that had been around for a while, there would be information.

“Well, it looks like we are going to the library, as they would have the information on it.” Yn spoke, standing upright and dusting off his knees. Jezi smiled at that idea, thinking that maybe something would finally lead them in the right direction.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Having left the note with the girl to deliver, Tris made his way into town. He moved through the streets studying the scholars and townsfolk alike. His eyes scanning the environment even when he stopped to peruse a vendor's booth.

He didn't purchase much as he moved deeper into the city. A greasy meat pie wrapped in paper, a bag of hard candy and another knife. It wasn't anywhere near the quality of the others he carried, but it wasn't. A weapon he would be worried to go back for.

Slipping off the road, Tristifer strode into a maze of alleyways. His confidence left him mostly unmolested; Mostly because he ended up losing his newly purchased knife. The archer came to a stop next to a poorly whitewashed fence. With a quick glance he pulled himself over and disappeared from view.

The yard was well kept, but still looked wane as if the owner wanted to properly tend to it but couldn't. Tris sprawled out on the grass, sticking a longer blade between his lips. The archer laid there, watching the clouds drift pass. Time and the world drifted by and the archer was seemingly oblivious. His attackers thought they had the upper hand as piled atop him.

The pile squirmed and Tristifer burst from the middle of it. His opponents hung off his arms and shoulders as the Archer roared his defiance. Like a wet dog the archer shook his body, and the tiny forms fell from him laughing. With another roar Tris flexed briefly before putting his arms on his hips and posing heroically. A dirt clod bounced off the side of his head and with a laugh the archer said, "Your aim's getting better."

"It's a big target." Came the reply and a chorus of laughter, childish and otherwise. Tristifer smirked back at the rapscallion who made the comment, as the archer opened his mouth the kid opened his mouth. "What did you bring us?"

Tristifer raised an eyebrow. "And why would I bring a bunch of scruffy orphans anything?" He studied their reactions, noting who shrugged it off and who started tearing up. He stored the information even as the apparent leader shrugged.

"You always have something," He started, "Or a story.. Do you have a story?"

At this point, the children all started asking for a story. Tristifer just chuckled, and held his hands up as if fending off a foe. "Hey now, There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. You want a story, you gotta earn it."

The sound of dismay filled the air. "Now, now. This will be an easy…" Tris paused dramatically, waiting until the children all leaned towards him. "Quest."

The sound of dismay was replaced with one of excitement; And the archer smiled as he gave them their quest. The name of a children's book, full of old rhymes and tall tales. The children scattered as if on their way to slay monsters. While they searched Tris shared quiet words and a purse or two with the adults running the orphanage.

It wasn't long before children began showing up with books. Whether correct or not they each got a piece of candy, and a quiet conversation with the archer. Tris didn't know if his words would have any effect, but the archer also knew that sometimes a kind word does wonders.

The Rogue gathered the children around them book in hand and told the tale of the Cat who saved the Cow, transferring an associate into the role he had taken. While placing another in the role of the evil ice sorceress. The children oohed and awed appropriately. And the archer finally escaped their attention. He made his way towards his usual haunts, book safely in his pocket, wondering what was taking the pup long.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Moon&Leanna

Shel remembered the moment that she first set foot within the Rogue Gallery, clear as a bell. There had been mottled scents of peppered steak wafting in the air alongside the acrid odour of sweating men. There was a bouquet of sweet purple peonies resting beside a cracked jug of sour ale. She could hear sounds of laughter drowning out curses over lost matches, as glass shattered somewhere and the muffled pounding of a bedpost banged opposite the wall she stood beside.

Of course, the initial arrival of Shel had been at the behest of Balder himself; who in turn found the Orcress as incredulous as she was unimpressed by his motley crew of brigands. These were the ones he thought so highly of? First impressions aside, Shel knew that little could be expected in terms of loyalty with scoundrels such as these. She believed that giving them even an iota of her confidence would only ever lead to…

Pausing for a moment, the Orc wiped away a thin layer of sweat from her own forehead as she spotted Mynx, who laid drunkenly in an isolated corner near the Annex.

...disappointment.

And where there was disappointment, there was once trust. Perhaps even friendship. Such wonderful commodities—well the latter two, anyway. More precious than any treasure, and worth more than every single damned tear ever shed—blah blah blah. But too often, all of it was little more than smoke and mirrors; a mere mask that vaguely hid the true intentions beneath. Over the course of her life, Shel had become more adept at recognising this pattern and had learned to build up an avoidance, appraising her own trust at an extremely high cost.

So who would ever be willing to pay, anyway? No one, Shel thought to herself. Because even her cheap shots were overpriced and her obstinance was ballooning so intensely that it was now on the verge of full-blown arrogance. Feeling devoid of everything, Shel reasoned that if her own tribe so easily held her in contempt, how much more would these dubious strangers? There was no way around it. The Stone Wall of Shel was built. Her only hope was to break through—which no one ever would—so she remained the absolute monarch in her own mind, hesitant to believe in anything other than herself ever again.

Trust and friendship were little more than commodities, indeed.

They were a means to an end.

Cheap.

Hm, time for bonding, the Orc mused with a cheeky smirk as she stood near the sleeping Ocecat, over whom she cast a long shadow. As Mynx snored softly away, Shel side-eyed a small pail of water—which unexpectedly ignited a playful memory within her. She started to recall one of the many times she had tried to make a fool of Nazrak. Once he had poured a bucket of cow's milk over her as she slept—to her chagrin—this in payback for her taunting a territorial bull mammoth during hunting practice, to watch him run and squeal like a prepubescent elf.

Hilarious as that had been, it felt like a lifetime ago, occurring even before she had first copulated with him. How thoughtless she was; always seeking to outdo other young hunters with slick stunts instead of focusing on the wider world around her. Around them. Still, Shel had to stifle a full blown fit of laughter at the silly flashback, aiming to keep her composure as she began to sprinkle the contents of the pail over Mynx's head. It was first in small doses… as she tested the Ocecat's resolve with droplets of water that fell as gentle as tears… only to grow more bold as time went on.

"Mynx, wake up," Shel whispered, enjoying this moment immensely, but not particularly showing it in her overt expression. "I need you."

At first the feline just shook her head, as if to dislodge a pesky fly, a low grumble issuing forth from her lips. But as the liquid ran down her cheek, her eyes opened wide, her hand wiping it away frantically, thoughts of being out in a rainstorm flashing in her mind. Her panicked gaze caught sight of the female orc...then the bucket...and she growled deep in her throat.

"No water!" she cried, shaking her head again, droplets flying from her tresses. "No like! You go away." The sudden movement did not agree with her, a fierce ache spreading along her forehead as she narrowed her eyes at the intruder, showing her teeth. A hangover, coupled with the numbness from the drink having drifted away from her while she had slumbered, put her in a foul mood. She managed to get to her knees, the pull along her back eliciting a hiss of pain. She raised her icy blues to Shel, her hair a wet and tangled mess in front of her face. She blamed the woman in part for her punishment, but as a fellow member of the Guild, the cat had to be civil...at least to a degree.

"What want?" she asked with a hard swallow, her hand moving to push away the offending liquid carrier.

Still unable to hide a smile, Shel dropped her guard for the fleetest of moments, as amusement crept into her eyes. Not only was she entertained by the absurdity of how the Ocecat looked right now, but even more so that Miss Oce did not divert into full-on attack mode at her baptism. This seemed like a good sign. Because indomitable lording over impressionable lads, debasing prisoners and showing contempt for Giants was not exactly the way to get on the Orc's kinder, trusting side. Shel knew too much about how it felt to be on the receiving end of these scenarios, and any who acted the tyrant infuriated her.

In fairness, Shel also knew little of the nature of Ocecats, having experienced scant exposure to their strange race in the past; but she nevertheless felt as if she could comprehend this woman on a bestial level. So the Orc wanted to give the Ocecat another chance. For was it not admirable how Mynx had never resorted to dragging another's name through the dirt in the courtyard, even while in pain? This was a nicety that Shel was unaccustomed to in her past, and it thereby left quite an impression; the cat's repeated refusals to back down being as stupid as they were provocative. Amazingly, this trait was useful when utilised correctly.

Revealing a chunk of beef wrapped in a napkin, the Orc huntress taunted the Ocecat with the fatty bit that she had nabbed from Balder's scraps at their meal in the Stag. She then tossed the morsel towards Mynx, expecting the woman to seize it before it licked the dust. She hoped this would be enough to explain her intent—that something was needed from her—and that she would keep the peace. If the Ocecat could really be trusted, Shel felt as if she could rely on her with secrets—particularly if anything ever went awry with the Giant.

"I saw what happened in the courtyard..." Shel began, treading lightly on the subject at first. "...and I must admit, I was rather worried." Tilting her head ever so gently, the Orcress set down a wooden saucer, seemingly out of nowhere, and began to fill it with water from a flask that she had brought from the Rogue's stock.

"I thought you might break…"

Pausing, Shel looked down towards the dust, at first looking to see if the chunk of meat had fallen, trying to hide the appreciation in her eyes.

"...but you didn't."

A distinct sort of sincerity began to fill Shel, changing the tone of the conversation.

"So listen, Mynx. After everything that has happened here… after the bandit raid…"

The Orc sighed as she knelt down, drawing playful pictures in the dirt with her finger, all the while recalling her frenzied state and injuries after the raid. After that fiasco, she had been a literal wreck and done little in terms of upkeep—thus the caravan was a mess to say the least. The wagons and equipment were in complete disarray, and rations had not been properly accounted for. And gleaning from the conversation she had with Balder at the Stag, they would be on their way soon.

In short, Shel needed help. But not only that, she realised what pressure they were now under to complete the quest for Dagur... all of it impossible to do alone, regrettable as that fact was. She could not afford having such a wild one around, she knew; and it was obvious that Ocecats caused distress and discord with open ease. The Orc could not have anyone distracting the Giant.

"I need you to help me out. And if you do, I'll make sure you're provided for as long as I'm here," the Orc promised, before continuing on. "I will have your back… but you must also have mine. But I can compromise just as easily as you. Loyalty doesn't come easy to ones such as us."

Pushing on her knees to hoist herself up, Shel stood once more, finally voicing her most immediate request.

"So will you prepare the wagons with me?"

"Hmmm…" Mynx scoffed as she regarded Shel suspiciously, the greasy meat gripped firmly in her hand. Keeping her eyes on the Orc, she brought the morsel to her nose and sniffed, her nose wrinkling. It was cooked, but she was famished, her stomach growling at the mere scent of it. She had not eaten that day and the liquid contents of her stomach did little to relieve her cravings. ...and yet she was being offered the tidbit like a common animal...complete with a 'bowl' of water.

She sighed heavily, then cocked her head. "Why ask cat?" she inquired, not taking kindly to the woman's show of humor. "I am hunter...not cleaner." But was she really...she wondered. She did as she was told..and often that extended beyond the duties of acquiring food. ...and if Balder had requested she be asked to help?

Mynx grumbled. Perhaps this was a test? She saw no other reason behind the Orc's request. Rolling her shoulders, she made it to her feet without stumbling, one hand pushing through her hair while the other brought the snack closer to her mouth. The offering was finished quickly, a pink tongue emerging to lick off the oily residue from her hand and lips.

"I not need providing...but maybe back watching. Maybe. Not trust Giant...or Archer. Can’t believe picked in game for mate. Stupid choice...stupid man."

As the feline considered her options, the Orc's words reverberated in her head...and the fact that the warrior had lumped herself and Mynx in the same category came as a surprise. Just how were they alike other than not being human? Perhaps she would ask, but later. With a soft puff, Mynx nodded her head. She had some time to kill and if she wasn't going to sleep, at least she could be useful.

Yes, you are… the Orc thought instinctively, slowly, referring to the Ocecat's comment of having the status of 'huntress.' Taking a moment to breathe, Shel proceeded to inhale and exhale, aiming to move past the sudden bout of anger that she was feeling, to calmly keep her ultimate goal in mind.

"...and so am I! Do you think I want to do this?" the Orc exclaimed, referring to anything and everything, anyone and everyone. All of it. "Sometimes we all have to do things that we hate," she reluctantly said with a lowered voice, internally justifying her own reasoning with a masked discomfort. It was a restive moment that resulted in Shel turning a fatigued gaze towards Mynx.

"And… I... I despise them..." the Orc stated casually, sounding almost genuine, momentarily ignoring Mynxella's comment about Balder and Tristifer before veering off slightly in her own mind regarding the two.

Only the Giant matters, the Orc reminded herself.

As for the Archer… well...

"...all of them," Shel trailed off, knowing exactly what she was saying and why.

"...even Dagur," she punctuated in a gentle afterthought, hoping to garner the attention of the Ocecat, drawing attention to her allegiance. The way the cat kowtowed to the man was embarrassing to say the least. This made her little more than another Jamon in Shel's eyes, which in turn left her no right to criticise the poor lad. Predator and prey were one in the same when it came to their tendencies to kneel before their own forms of hierarchy; so no wonder Mynx could couple so easily with the naive Jamon. They both were obeisant in nature, too dependent on the resolution of others to truly live for themselves.

"Still, I can't do all of this alone."

"Dagur…" Mynx repeated, her head dropping as she felt a tightening in her chest. "I never hate Dagur," she stated simply. She had accepted him as her new Alpha on the day she had joined the Guild, and even now she was not sure why she felt such a strong bond to the man. Perhaps it was her upbringing...and the fact that her true alpha and father, Jabberwalken, has instilled in her the need for a figurehead to obey and respect. She discovered during the years on her own that she functioned better when she was given a purpose other than just basic survival. And the Rogue leader had given her that.

Her gaze shifting back to the Orc, Mynx hid her surprise at Shel's outburst by offering a smirk instead. "I not despise others either...like you...not like them...but...they have uses." Her brow lifted with the side of her lip, her expression leaning towards lewd. "...they often too soft....and filled with emotion. Too many rules." She pulled back her shoulders and stood tall, befitting of her race, and pushed through the last of her tangled hair. "I use to learn common tongue, to sate needs, and better fighting skills. Not need coin...or status. Already high place in clan..if go back. After Tears, may move on. Made promise to Dagur to help..not go back on that. Will stay unless Green Giant send away."

"Ah," the Orcress replied in simple acknowledgement, pleased that she was able to unearth the ulterior motives of this Mynxella. In truth, her needs were simple in nature, and easily satiated from within the Gallery. A simple predator. But when it came to complex predators, their needs were a tangled mess, chock full of blurred lines and rich with inconsistencies.

There was a short-lived pause as the Orc took a moment to self-reflect.

It must feel comforting to know you may return respectfully home, at any time; much less experience no hunger for coin. Wealth cured all. And if the Tears were real—which they weren't—Shel had come to terms with the fact that she would gladly knick any one of them from beneath the Rogues if it brought her even one step closer to returning home and crushing Rhok. Her thirst to debase and abuse him, like for like, was just too great. She would show them all who the true Mammoth Slayer was when she returned to integrate.

"I see."

And if you ever try to use me, Ocecat, I'll hang you by your own tail.

"I'm glad we can agree. As long as you continue to help me, I will do the same for you. So if you need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do."

You really should start putting your temper to better use, the Orc thought, the musing eventually leading her to veer off into a string of mental curses. All of this too quickly felt like lying in dirt digging up old hurt, wishing to look up into the sky and damn every deity for putting her in this spot. Yet she dared not; so Shel figuratively kept her eyes low and buried that rotting corpse once more, despising how it always seemed to be the lofty ones who failed her most.

For they—whoever THEY were—despite all of their power, surely did little more than negligently laugh at the plight of those below. And as Shel was certain that every Rogue had their own enlightened interpretation of who THEY were, it was difficult to know who was to be blamed for anything.

"...and for the love of every god... keep your claws off of prisoners. Because I'm doing you a favour here, Mynx, not a disservice. Not everyone gets access to this stock. Balder will thank you for helping out with his precious guild—and only a fool would not want a Giant on their side, don't you think?"

Mynx scoffed, her eyes narrowing at the mention of Balder, her lips lowering in a scowl. "Not agree...not care what Giant thinks...he like old goat. But I help...not good for hunt like this." She mentally cursed the mountain of a man for her punishment, his involvement worse than even that of Tristifer in her mind, even though the archer had wielded the whip. It would be days before she was back on her game and her sense of shame at the punishment ran as deep as the lash marks.

In regards to Shel, the Ocecat felt unsure about her feelings. The Orc seemed to have an ulterior motive for engaging in conversation, her intentions lost on the cat, especially in her current frame of mind. Mynx did not consider herself a fool even if she did not want to side with Balder, but she also knew well enough that she was not particularly intelligent, at least by human standards. She was a cat, and as such, she was a good hunter...nothing else mattered.

Puffing out a heavy breath, the feline leaned down and picked up the bowl of water, bringing it to her lips. She considered using her tongue to lap at the liquid, as she assumed was expected of her, but refused to let Shel place her lower in the chain of beasts. Her own leather bladder was destroyed due to this Orc...and the cat still fumed at the casual way it had been tossed to the mangy cur. She could not be expected to use it after that...not with her hatred for lycans being what they were. There was not a lower beast, and Mynx had the scars to prove it, although the magic that had been used to heal them had left her mostly unblemished. With a final loud slurp, the bowl was emptied, the Ocecat allowing it to slip from her fingers.

"We work now?" she asked, her gaze shifting in the direction of the wagon and its jumbled contents.

Eyes narrowing back, Shel listened intently to Mynxella's complaints, hoping to earn the confidence of her fellow huntress; even if she was unable to eschew her protective feelings over the quartermaster. The man was the closest thing she had to stable companionship at this solitary phase of her life and, as it were, maligning him struck a certain nerve.

"You really don't believe you have done anything wrong, do you?" Shel finally voiced with bemused candor. How curious. Was self-awareness that rare of a commodity? Did crime and punishment always reek of subjectivity? No wonder the Ocecat felt betrayed by the Giant and the Archer. If the cat thought as highly of the latter as she claimed… well, those three lashes had to hurt more than a dozen whippings from some arbitrary underling.

One. Two. Three.

Skirmisher. Quartermaster. Archer.

"Now, I won't speak for Tris," Shel admitted, as she had very purposefully kept her distance from that particular corner of their close-knit triad. For there was something about the Archer that… just gave her pause. For better or for worse, Shel couldn't explain why. But if there was anything that the Orc gave true allegiance to… it was her instincts. It was the only thing that had ever truly kept her safe, without fail, rescuing her from harm on many an occasion. And it was telling her now to stay clear of the Archer.

"But I know one thing. Balder does not enjoy hurting anyone."

Unfortunately.

A bit of cruelty was desirable in a man of his… capacity, and would make her personal bidding so much easier to achieve. But so be it. Shel was always one for a challenge, even if Fate itself insisted on delivering a peaceable Giant for her to wheedle.

And as painful as it was to admit, Mynx was probably right. While her delivery sounded brainless, the punishment was excessive for the crime, regardless if the cat felt justified in her treatment of Selene. Shel qualmed at this and her own eagerness in the courtyard… before shaking all of it off with a simple shrug of the shoulders… like a rainstorm off the back of a waterfowl.

"The sooner, the better. I'd like this mess to be cleaned up before the Giant returns," Shel nodded agreeably, as she began to step backward towards the caravan… never turning her back on the huntress… her inflection now bordering on friendly conversation. She was eager to work more with this one; but there still was a problem.

Expecting to find Lu among the stock, Shel knew there was no better time to come forward and just say it. "But first things first. Don't ever harm my boar. I know she is prey. An easy target. I know that you think she exists only to satiate your fleeting hunger. But despite that… she has eluded predators more dangerous than you… and that will be respected as long as I'm around."

The expression on Mynx's face as she stared at the Orc bordered between weariness and anger, one side of her lip lifting just enough to show her canine tooth. She didn't comment at first, her thoughts on her innocence long past. She had already been punished for the crime of attacking the lycan, and no matter her conviction, she couldn't change the results. As for Balder and Tris, she was still working through her feelings regarding them...mostly centering on extreme dislike and mistrust. It was no matter if they enjoyed inflicting pain, the damage had already been done.

Then there was Lulu...the succulent fat little pig...of which the cat had no plans. She had already been drilled enough on the merits of not touching (eating) the pets or working animals of the crew. It was such a waste, at least as far as the companion-only beasts were concerned. What purpose did they serve other than to tantalize the poor feline? They were easy prey...and so accessible. Delicious.

Sighing, the feline started towards the wagon, her approach arousing her own recently acquired grey tabby. The small feline was nestled on the bags of grain inside the wagon, and as Mynx drew near, he rumbled low in his throat. Reaching out, she scratched him between the ears and settled her gaze on the Orc once again.

"I not touch your Lu," she said simply, "...and for that I ask you not speak to Giant about cat...me....helping with wagon."

Surprised that she had somehow sold the idea of helping with chores, Shel was convinced that it would be nice to work with Mynxella more in the future; as her burdens already felt lighter as a result. So the Orc decided to turn her back on the Ocecat, uttering a few more short words with a genuine half-smile:

"I won't. And... thank you."
    Last edited by Leanna; 05-19-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast