Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Rogue's Gallery IC

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

***** The night of the bandit raid ****
    As Sheva made her way back toward the encampment, Su Lin steps back over the deceased bandit. Crouching down next to him, she softly rests her hand over his face whispering

“Look over and guide this soul in your care, provide his rebirth into a more useful and prosperous life, allow his new life have meaning.”

Her thoughts momentary drift to the master elders words that it is the Gods which bring life and control destiny. Be it these Gods or Nature herself, the life which was departed the shell before her was at her hands therefore she would offer words to be it the Gods or Nature for a merciful rebirth.

Su Lin then stands bringing her thoughts back to the here and now. This woman whom spoke of Ky, no matter if he is employed under her care or she associating with him for whatever reason, this was troubling. If it were her first meeting Morinth, she would not simply vanish into the night, she would take care to observe the woman. She could not sense others or did not have the feeling of being watched yet if this woman were with Ky, he would not be with one easily detected. More out of a hunch, Su Lin stands with her hand at the ready to draw her sword if needed and speaks in a direct and calm tone

“You may come out from where you watch from, I believe a conversation is in order, was the name your sister spoke - Morinth?”

Su Lin stands in a relaxed posture yet ready for any sudden attack which might transpire. If she was wrong and Shiva’s sister was not observing her from a concealed place,she would seek Morinth out. Their lives will cross again if she was with her brother, now will be just as good a time as several moons later to have this initial conversation.

“Be at ease, warrior of the afterlife… If I wanted I would have shoot an arrow long ago… Alas, why bother me now?”, the elven lady gracefully jumped down from one the tree’s branches and fixed her hair around her shoulder. While Sheva kept her black hair tidy and braided most of the time, Morinth seemed to care less for such neatly style. Still once again the imagination was almost uncanny. However while Sheva felt like a cold breeze, Mornith appeared somewhat ‘warm’.

“Speak”, Morinth barked as her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows showed hint of annoyance.

Su Lin does not react to the Morinth’s appearance, one thing confirmed, this woman was indeed a force to be cautious of. She remains in a casual posture, her facial expression remains neutral. Raising her hand to her chest slightly nodding ever watchful of Morinth, she calmly offers

“I do trust we both are aware of the child my brother seeks. By what reason does he seek such a nothing child for? Does he come on your gold or does he accept gold from another?”

Such a casual question, one she really does not expect a full response from, this is more focusing upon the woman for any change in expression, to gauge any increased agitation displayed when speaking of the child. That alone would be tell tale of what the woman and her brother know of the story of the child and if she herself should grow weary of young Jamon.

“Frankly… I don’t know”, was all the elf woman said, looking straight into Su Lin’s eyes, “I really didn’t mind asking about the cur either… Your brother came to me when I was most broken. Lost without a cause. I was at the brink of death but he decided to to let me leave and in turn promised me the bloods of many men. I agreed. If you want more information you should probably talk to him”.

As Morinth makes mention of the promise of the blood of many men, the first betrayal of her stoic appearance gives way as a flash of anger washes over her features, her lips curl back for the briefest of seconds as her thought drifts to the pain and suffering her brother needlessly causes for shiny stones and gold. Without thought, she hisses out

“Ky has NO honor, needless blood as with excessive rains damage, not create, why does he not know this already!”

Su Lin lets out a sigh having not wanted to diminish the conversation with Sheva’s sister, Ky’s reckless ways still bring out her bad side. Regaining her demeanor, a token seemed to have been provided by this woman. Mayhaps something which could be of use to her, her tone back to a calm soothing voice

“You mentioned being on the brink of death which he let you live, do you owe him then a life debt in following him? If so, it is not one he would ever honor nor does he deserve that form of loyalty.” was all she could think of to distract from her outburst.

“I owe him nothing”, Mornith shook her head, “But I find his company amusing… I am not looking for worthy cause, if that is what you’re asking, but a place to finally recognize as my own… be it my grave, let it be so”.

Su Lin watches carefully while listening to Mornith’s words. Fully aware that she could have attacked earlier, Su Lin relaxes her posture, her tone remaining flat

“His company amuses you? Interesting indeed. For a place to recognise as your own … I will not put on a pretence of knowing all that lead up to your being at this place at this time … truly though, claiming a grave early I would guess is not your end game. Would I be correct that you know nothing of the child my brother seeks?”

The elf raised her eyebrows, “I am not sure… But it will explain why he takes interest in your group… Unless that is more to it… but who can tell for sure?”

After a momentary pause, Su Lin moves her hand to her chest, hand fully open showing no intent of any hostile moves, if the Elf were aware of Ky, then this action would be evident. Her tone monotone and matter of factish

“Please speak these words to my brother when you next see him. I have no desire to give him a new birth however should he continue on what he does for mere gold or gems, one of us will see a new life and I shall pray to nature for a more honorable life in his next birth.”

“It is always sad when family turn to use blade against one another… but it seems to be a fate one cannot avoid… I will give your words to your brother and you will give the words back to my sister in return… Farwell”, and with that she was gone, using the shadows to disappear into the wood.

Su Lin steps back watching Mornith disappear into the dark of the night. She looks back toward the deceased bandit before stepping into the darkness of the night herself heading back to camp.

**** Morning ***

Having spent the remainder of the night just outside camp sleeping lightly, she did not stir yet aware of when young Jamon returned to camp with another female. Su Lin also paid no attention to the prisoner which Adam seemed to acquire.

As the sun rose, she was already in camp as the other Rogues were preparing to break camp. Jamon was still outside Mynx’ tent yet safe within the confines of the camp. The youth approaches Su Lin and in a disheartened tone speaks in a direct tone

“Miss Mok, I have let you down and failed in what you have tried to teach me. I was taken by a being far stronger and faster than I because I was being stupid. I did not have my steel with me and my dagger was of no use. If it were not for another, I would surely have lost my life last night. I do not believe I am worthy of you trying to teach me.” Jamon’s head hung in obvious disappointment in himself.

As Su Lin stepped in front of the young man, he tensed up awaiting the slap along the face, the palm in his chest or other punishment. There is no boastfulness present, no seeking a servant to intervene on his behalf, the youth was not the same as when she first saw him more than a week past. Su Lin simply rests her hand softly to the side of his face, a rare smile on her lips as she simply offers in a soft tone he had never heard her use

“Your eyes are finally open, your mind is ready to be filled with knowledge. You were not worthy before, you have just learned something that can not be spoken. Now you are ready to actually learn young Sire. Keep becoming one with your steel, we shall speak further when we finish our next ride.”

Su Lin takes one step back raising her hand, rather than the typical slap along his face he was growing accustomed to, she rests her hand on her chest and nods her head, the same Jamon has seen her do to Adam, Tris and others. Before he has the chance to speak, she has turned and stepped back to the others busy readying for travel.

********** Alegast **********

The ride was quiet, Su Lin keeping a mindful eye toward the darkness they rode into keeping several arrows close on the side of her saddle as well as her sword sheathed across her back. Jamon rode close to Mynx and Su Lin, his own sword across his back as he had started carrying it feeling a new sense of worth.

As a new day was beginning to come to life with the sun rays starting to reach out across the land, Su Lin rode away from the traveling group. In a short span, she rejoined the group as they rode toward the gates of Alegast. She had removed her armor and now wears a fine silken purple outfit, her sword stowed along her saddle and her hair brushed, a fine purple silken ribbon in back of her hair holding the ponytail. This generates a gasp from young Jamon who has seen her for the first time as a woman, not a murderess or tormentor.

It has been several years since she last set foot in Alegast, as the Rogues enter and make way past the statue of the town’s founder, she dismounts and steps toward the statue touching her hand to her chest bowing with respect. She then removes a single flower from her silk belt laying to at the foot of the statue. She steps softly back to her mount and walks with it toward the annex buildings.

As the Rogues gained the attention of some within town, so did Su Lin. As Balder pointed to the Annex buildings and the group proceeded to tend to the wagons as well as the animals, she brought her gear to a small room. While others might choose to sleep as young Jamon did, she steps outside to see how Alegast might have changed since last she set foot within the streets.

Su Lin exited the Annex Building into the courtyard wearing her fine silk clothing, wristband and boot dagger. Equally useful was the fine silk ribbon holding her ponytail which had fibers woven inside which could withstand a blade strike and still strangle someone should the need arise.

She softly walks along, her own steps near silent as the warmth of the midday sun surrounds her. A voice behind her stops her mid step
    “Gentle day Nerium…”

She need not turn nor even listen to the voice. Near no one refers to her as Nerium, a nickname given for the Nerium oleander, a beautiful flower so deadly even the scent given could kill. Her tone unusually pleasant

“Gentle day to you dear brother…” as she turns to look upon Ky, having expected to have seen Mornith along Ky, she inquires “...dear brother, where is your pet, or are you her pet?”

Ky offers her a grin “Dear sister, your words are as sharp as your blades. My companion is about to see her sister. I see you travel with more than just Myst. Is Myst in the stable? It is just strange seeing you with traveling companions.”

She looks upon Ky for a moment, her tone still friendly “Yes dear brother, my Myst is resting comfortably in the stable. Your concern is touching. It is nice that you have come all this way to see on the well being of my horse. Now that you have confirmed Myst’s well being, you will be returning to where ever you journeyed from?”

Ky lets out a smirk “Dear sister, you know why I am here. Still trying to protect those who need see a new birth I see. My companion mentioned that you still say the prayer for those you send for their new life. Than is so you Nerium. Tell me sister, does the child that sniffs the cat you ride with know that you destroy Royals? Not that it should matter to the boy…” a smirk forms on Ky’s lips “...you really don’t know the child, do you my sister?”

Su Lin keeps a neutral expression on her face, her tone direct with a hint of irritation
    “I do not destroy Royals, I keep order and balance. What I do is for the benefit of the natural order, give new life to those whom do harm and cause needless bloodshed. I do not rebirth life for mere trinkets and gold as you do dear brother.”

Ky has a trace of amusement in his tone
    “Those whom cause needless bloodshed … how quaint … know it or not Nerium, you described the cat’s play toy, the child you oddly protect. Yes Su, I do take coin to come see this child…” Ky lets out a light hearted laugh “... if only you knew who paid me these coins and stones.” with a slight pause, Ky’s tone grows flat “As with the flower’s name which describes you, beautiful yet incurably deadly, so is the boy. Do not bother asking the child anything, he but a Sloth, quite dense and stupid, by now I trust you have seen the child is wide eyed and innocent, too trusting on … well … everything. He is nothing but a token for others, his usefulness is over to those who created him, now it is time he is removed. You may say the prayer that he is born into something smarter in his next life. While he breathes, he is a danger to those who created him, when this puppet strings are severed, those who created him have plans.”

Ky offers a genuine smile “That is the precious part dear sister, rather the child continues to breathe in his current form or is reborn, there will be death and destruction which you can not prevent.”

There is obvious aggravation on Su Lin’s features yet she offers in a calm tone
    “Dear brother, weave your words on others. With any play, there are only words written by quil for those to follow. Change one of the thespians and the outcome changes. Know this my brother, I know not what the play had in store for young Jamon, I do not intend on him being used by those not worthy of life.”

A knowing grin forms across Ky’s lips, in a pleasant tone
    “You named the pet, how cute. We both have ridden quite a bit, this was a good first meet dear Nerium. We both should rest before we set the next scene in motion. Pleasant day dear sister.” as Ky raises his hand touching his chest nodding slightly.

Su Lin raises her hand to her chest touching it nodding to her brother
    “Gentle day my brother, I will keep you in my thoughts with hopes that you would abandon whatever reckless quest for trinkets you are on.”

As Ky turns and moves down a small alley, he speaks a parting thought
    “It will do you well dear sister to wear your steel when we next meet. Your dreams are just those, dreams of a world you will never live in. Morals will not buy shelter in the night dear sister. Open your eyes and grasp these trinkets too. End the child and I assure you that you will never need to want for again.”

As she watches Ky disappear, she whispers more to herself “How could we be of the same blood…” while she proceeds on her own way.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Not Well Met--Momma and Poppa co-op

Mynx had been quiet and brooding for the majority of the trek to Alegast, keeping pace beside Jamon’s and Su Lin’s horses as they rode into town, but not putting any effort into conversing. It was no different when they arrived at the Annex building, the feline walking along the halls and looking into each room as they passed, but not settling into any of them. She was edgy, and once Jamon laid his head down for some much needed rest, she went outside and took a deep breath.

Fresh air...or at least as fresh as a city could offer with its varying scents of humanity and their wares. She wrinkled her nose and with an air of indignance, turned from the building and stepped quietly into the courtyard, seeking a soft place to relax. It was at the base of a tree that she sat, the grass lush, yet damp, from the morning’s dew. Sleep was not a luxury that she could afford, not with a lycan in their company, but she could close her eyes, allowing the sounds around her to warn her of any danger.

Being well aware of the race, Ky did not presume the Ocecat was in a state of slumber as he casually strolled toward the tree Mynx rested by. His tone quite pleasant,

"Gentle day dear lady, I pray my intrusion into your rest does not displease you. I do not believe I have had the pleasure of seeing you on past days. Are you by chance with the new riders of this fine day?"

The words, or perhaps their usage, were unusual to her ears, and Mynx’s eyes opened abruptly to an unexpected gentle smile on the face of a stranger, his mannerisms not betraying his family ties to Su Lin. Little of what he spoke made sense to her and her brow rose, the upper corner of her lip lifting in a snarl as she looked upon him. “Who ask?” she replied, knowing her kind was not a welcome sight here. She was not literate, and therefore not of the studious kind. Whatever this man was seeking, she did not believe he would find it in her.

As Mynx responded as Ky thought she might, he offered a continued smile. Now for the test. Had Su Lin spoken of him to the Ocecat. Tone remaining friendly,

"I am Known by the name Ky. In return might I know by what name the precious gem before my eyes is known by?" his gaze falling on Mynx, ready to draw steel if this woman were aware of who he was and what his thought purpose for being there was.

She rose to her feet, back remaining close to the tree as her icy blue eyes shifted momentarily to the building where the rest of the guild slept. Just the slightest shift of her hip was made to allow easier access to her weapons, the hairs on her neck starting to rise. Something about this man was off...he had managed to sneak up on her like a thief...and his manner of speech was befuddling. “I not gem...I am ocecat,” she retorted. “...and if wish speak to Guild, you come to wrong...person. Need speak to Adam...or Tris. I have no say.”

First question answered, Su may not have brought his name up … yet.

"No my dear lady, it is not this guild I seek word with. It is you I desire word with. Would you do me the honor and walk with me precious Ocecat?" as he extended a hand toward a small clearing just outside sight of the Annex.

Nostrils flaring, Mynx looked him over carefully, weighing his request. He was just one man, and she did not smell the taint of magic. It should be safe enough...and it would lead him away from Jamon, just in case he was the one that was prophesied to kill her ward as told by Su Lin. She nodded curtly, her hand sliding in close to her short sword in case the need for it arose. “Speak plain...Ky...and I walk behind you. No tricks.”

As Ky walks, his tone goes to that of a diplomat

"I would never presume to play the trixter mistress protector…" as he recalls the ruse that seemed somewhat useful with the elder as well as the information provided by that Hawk fellow "... I just needed be away from other ears who might place our young master in peril. Trust I do that you are aware that young Prince Jamon's previous protector has abandoned his charge. My King was disheartened to learn of this, thus I have sailed to resume service as our young Prince’s man servant and loyal protector. My King is happy that you have offered the Prince refuge until I could be by his side once again. Please dear woman, allow me set eyes on my charge so I might send word to a worried father that his young son is in good spirits."

The words flowed natural having listened to Royals and diplomats through his years, finally paying attention to their begging before he ended their existence, may have come in useful. Still alert to any sounds of steel clearing sheath, he kept his back to Mynx.

The feline stopped in her tracks, her head tilting in confusion. She had not been aware that Jamon’s father had been notified of his new situation, let alone that she was a part of it. Quite the contrary...it had been warned that her treatment of the prince would have led to war. “I not think words ring true,” she stated. “If Jamon know you...why come to me? All Guild can be trusted. You bring proof? Papers? I show to Adam...then you see prince.” She took a step backwards, her hand coming to grasp the hilt of her sword. A low growl started in her chest as she stared at the man’s back, wondering if she was ignorant of the situation, or if he was lying outright to her.

With that, Ky slowly turned looking to Mynx. His tone still gentle, he moved his hand to his chest touching it slightly bowing his head.

"Dear woman, I do not have time to fetch any papers I don't have anyway. Soon my dear sister will warn the child I am around. Bring the boy to me and his new life will come without pain, I give you my word on this. The boy will die regardless, you can provide his rebirth to be one of no pain. If you desire, I can provide you coin for bringing him to me."

His tone is as casual as if he were ordering breakfast at an inn.

Mynx’s eyes shifted uneasily to Ky’s weapon as he revealed his true calling. It became clear with his gestures that he was related to Su Lin and she was surprised that she had not seen it sooner. Her free hand flexed, nails extending, as her growl deepened. “I do no such thing. You want boy...you come through me,” she warned. “I give you quick death.with pain. I no need of your coin.” She took a step towards him, her ears lowering, and her tail starting to swing rapidly back and forth. She had inadvertently allowed the boy to be captured by the ogre, but she would not step away this time. If this warrior wanted a fight, she was ready to defend the prince with her life.

As Mynx stepped forward, Ky simply sighed.

"Why do the uncivilized always resort to violence when on first meet. I do not understand what draws my dear sister to the company such as this. If you persist on continuing beautiful lady, I will comply reluctantly and allow one of our destinies shaped when reborn. If you knew all of the boy in your care, I do not think I would be the one you would desire blood shed from. Should your breath continue beautiful woman, I would pray you speak these words to my sister. My coin and stones come from those of pretense of the boys parent's. Bother not speaking those to the boy, he is of the thought he is actual blood of who pays for my service."

More than several decades practice, he knew he need not draw steel yet as he could have his steel to bear as smoothly as his own hand moved. There was no anger in his facial expression nor any sound of deception in his tone. He awaited Mynx’s next step before he would do anything.

Once again the man managed to confuse the cat with his words...although she did understand that he thought of her as little more than an animal. That much was made clear by his statement. She made a show of her teeth, then relaxed her hands, the growl dying in her throat. It did not seem the man wanted to fight her, merely instill fear in her, or perhaps worry. She would not draw on him first, her skill with a blade most assuredly no match for his anyhow. There was no doubt she could tear him apart easily enough with her teeth and claws, as he was made of flesh and blood like other humans, but Dagur’s words filtered through her mind. Only kill when threatened. She would speak to Su Lin...and Jamon...and figure out an answer to this puzzle. It was not something she could do on her own.

With a scowl, she met the gaze of the foreigner. “I not kill you...today. Perhaps tomorrow if still here. You go now. I speak to Su Lin about brother...see if that is truth.” She put her fist to her chest in a mimic of his gesture. “Not well met Ky...this cat not like your pretty words."

Ky offered a smile "Pretty words, have not heard them described like that, but yes, do speak to Nerium, she would understand, I would say I have had a nice first meet. There is more to what you are raveled in than you may realize dear woman. Till our next words I pray your time keeps you well."

With that, Ky reached his hand to his chest again bowing slightly before turning again and stepping away from where Mynx stood.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Koti + Leanna

NPCs Meet.

Yn bade Jezi goodbye as the two separated at the resting house. Jezi was going ahead to get them a room set up before planning to buy him some better looking clothes for him to wear. He didn't like the thought of having to wear shirts, but if she thought it right, he wouldn't argue too much. Placing the stuff off Faur in the entrance, Yn led the two of them where the other animals were to be resting. He didn't care much that Faur would be sleeping alone, at least it wouldn't be outside.

Yn had first headed off to find Balder to figure out where, but ended up following the scents and sounds of the others. Moving to the area with Faur he managed to find Shel working with them, probably helping get them set up for the night as well.

"Got room for one more? Faur's too big to fit through the doorway." Yn asked the woman, patting Faur on the side. Faur only responded by grumbling as he bumped Yn back with his antlers.

Curled up in a snugly little ball beside Maso, Lu was enjoying the warmth and comfort that the elephantine beast’s shaggy amber hair provided; or at least the patches of it that had been left unscathed after the bandit raid. Having endured such an aggressive physical assault, the mammoth was a bit worse for wear for the time being, and lost in a deep recuperating sleep with the little boar lying faithfully beside him.

However, as Yn unexpectedly made his presence known and began to grunt his mansounds to her mum, the bristly ears of Lulu twitched with intense curiosity as her head rose tentatively from its resting place. But it was the sight of the giant elk that took her attention by storm and away from the mansounds, causing her to tilt her head at this forest friend that she had not yet met. He too looked quite cuddly (just like Maso), and appeared as if he had a personmaster (also just like Maso, squeeeee)!

[HELLO FRIEND! <3] the boar might have said in greeting to Faur—if she could speak, that is. But her inability to communicate with others did not seem to stop her from experiencing wonderment over them all and the mad world that spun around her. How many strange shapes, sizes, and smells there were!

[Why are your tusks on top of your head?]

Having never seen an elk before (much less a giant elk), the boar seemed to be a little unsure about the purpose of Faur's very large antlers. Did he use his tusks for digging, like she did? Or scraping the bark off trees? Needless to say, after being rescued from certain death in the wild as a piglet, Lu has since lived a cosy life, a sheltered life, never encountering many animals other than the domesticated. (Except for Maso, of course, the greatest snuggle buddy that a boar could ever ask for.)

Wobbling up from her place beside the mammoth, Lu gleefully trotted over towards Faur to investigate him. To her, the elk looked a bit like the cranky mares that she had encountered recently… but still, she didn't mind. He was not *exactly* like them. There was... something very different about him… but what was it? His big twig head and lumbering size? Or was there something more? Lu let out a small squeal of welcome and knocked her hooves against Faur's own, raising her snout to sniff up at him inquisitively.

And yet, as it were, the boar's attention span was always conspicuously short… and she seemed to be perpetually hungry. So true to her nature and with food in mind, Lulu became distracted by a lovely scent that lingered around Yn's feet.

[What smells so DELICIOUS!?!!]

Completely abandoning Faur for a moment, the boar rested herself at the feet of the tall human who stood in the doorway, beginning to lick at his boots with great relish. Whatever foodstuffs he had stepped in recently tasted just delightful!

*Such an odd boar.. much younger than Lobert* Faur spoke as Lulu came to greet him, listening to her questions in her grunts. The girl was rather adorable as she tapped on his hooves, questioning the reasoning behind his antlers, or 'tusks' as she called them. He was meaning to respond before getting distracted by Yn, watching the girl tottle over and begin licking at Yns boots. He let out a huff and glared at the boar, having been upstaged by food on boots.

[Child, I believe your name is Lulu, correct? I am name Faur, the brother of Yn and a red deer.] Faur began, nudging the boar on her side to gain her attention. He looked over to his brother after he began to chuckle and bent down to pet Lulu.

[Hello Lulu, names Yn. Faur's my brother. Unlike you, he doesn't have tusks like you and Mason, but what is called antlers. They are used to show his strength when fighting and attract mates when the time comes.] Yn responded to Lulu, his voice switching to that of boar for Lulu to understand. As one of his friends had a boar as his bonded, boqr was an easy language for him to both speak and understand. As for the scent on his boots, he wasn't sure.

Meanwhile, on the opposite end of Maso, the she-orc was sitting with her back to Yn and Faur, tending to some wounds of her own. A large laceration was in the midst of the healing process on her left arm, the deep gash running from shoulder to elbow. As a hunter, Shel typically could handle the sight of blood, but... the way her skin was flapping back like sackcloth, baring both muscle and bone beneath, turned even her usually strong stomach.

In a brief moment of self pity, she realised that this wound would leave an unsightly scar—and unbeknownst to her, was perhaps some sort of symbolic poetic justice for her imagination running so cruelly wild regarding the deformities she supposed belonged to Vel.

But even more than her arm, Shel worried about her face. To be sure, the orc had never been the most beautiful of creatures, but anyone who truly knew her could not deny that she took great pride in how she presented herself and, quite frankly, cared about how she appeared.

But now this.

Needless to say, the last thing Shel wanted was for anyone to see her in such a state. So ever since the bandit raid, she had purposefully remained aloof from the Rogues, making no attempt to seek anyone out. Well, except for Balder, of course.

A part of Shel wanted to tell Yn to just go away, but she refrained from doing so on second thought. Why should she hide her truth from the world... particularly her uglier truths? Did she not inwardly chastise Vel for that very thing the night before? Considering such hiding a weakness and not wanting to act the hypocrite, the orc turned around to look at Yn directly, giving him full view of… well, her.

On the left side, Shel's face appeared perfectly normal; so much so that if she were to cover the other half with one hand, it would not seem that there was any facial trauma at all. It had been the right side of Shel's face that had taken the brunt of the blows, that much was now very clear.

Contusions of blue and purple were on full display as the orc's right eye was so swollen that she was temporarily unable to see from it. Below that, a busted lip made it hurt to talk, this part of her visage also inflamed to twice its normal size. All of it gave a lopsided appearance of two completely different faces, oddly enough… and wasn't it just oooooh so pitiful? To hell with all of it. This was so aggravating to Shel, so annoyingly humbling that it sickened her to her core.

"All right," she responded with a soft sigh, continuing to tend to her wounded arm, even as she reminisced on the dangerous conversation she had with the bandit mere seconds before he proceeded to mar her face with his fist. "Bring him in."

"Shel, what happened?!" Yn couldn't hide his shock, feeling himself wince from the pain he could feel. He moved close, his worry about leaving Faur there to rest gone already as his desire to help Shel. From the bruising on her face to the large gorge mark on her arm, he could tell she was in pain.

"Why have you let this go on? We should get Ashvel to help out quickly." Yn spoke, worry evident in his eyes as he noted the bandages that she had left alone to address him. The wound clearly needed stitches, and a cleaning salve. He had seen his fair share of his own getting wounds like this from training, yet never had to deal with them personally.

"When did this happen? During the raid? Why didn't you say anything after the fact?" Yn questioned her, concern as he moved to grab the wrap. While it might be dangerous to wrap it without cleaning or stitching it, that would at least prevent any further harm that could happen.

Extending up her good arm, Shel blocked Yn from acting on his urge to help her. His concern, albeit appreciated, was unnecessary... as he was soon to see. Slowly, the orc pulled the wrap away from the open wound, wincing as she revealed what was currently feeding on necrotic flesh.

Maggots.

As soon as she was out of the more immediate mortal danger with the bandit, Shel had been quick to realise that the slash he inflicted on her still could cause great damage. However, being entirely sapped of energy after that brawl, the orc was prevented from returning to the Rogues for antiseptic. Instead, whilst staggering back towards the heart of their camp, she'd instead fallen in and out of faintness; which subsequently led her to tripping over a stone that caused her to tumble down a gully and into the depths of an overgrown thicket. There, her weary body began to give all the tell-tale signs that it needed to temporarily shut down… and the orc realised she would be unconscious soon.

But luck had not abandoned Shel yet.

As she began to fade deeper into blackness, the orc managed to remain conscious enough to make out the furred outline of what appeared to be a rabbit—a dead one that was in the middle of full-on decomposition. Not knowing what else to do (or how long she might be out for), Shel stretched forth her hand to grasp a handful of the swarming larvae that feasted on the animal corpse and pressed them firmly into her wound. It took her last bit of energy to do this, but it was pure instinct that pushed her, brought on by the worry that festering greatly increases over time.

Time she may not have.

It was in this instant that Shel blacked out completely alongside that dead rabbit for some hours. But how long was she in that spot? The orc did not know. All she knew was that she had blurrily awoken within some cart on the journey to Alegast, obviously placed there by someone… but by whom? This person was also a mystery, but she honestly was too tired to care which Rogue had taken the time to track her location in that bush. Besides, the cart felt like a good enough place to rest—with Lu there, safe and sound, sleeping beside her—where no one else could see her.

So in the cart Shel remained with little else but time; and that was exactly what the orc needed. Time. Because only with its passing could she rest assured that every iota of dying tissue had truly been cleared from her body and the true healing could finally begin.

Of course, Shel hated the fact that she had to forgo the freedom of riding her mare in the same cavalier way that she had the day before; the cart ride being a stark contrast to her strutting around, feeling as if she owned the Rogue Gallery and everyone in it. Hiding was so droll, so demeaning, but still. She didn't want anyone to see her face, much less the maggots, did she? Of course not.

So the journey to Alegast, albeit bumpy and rather sombre, gave ample time for the she-orc to not only to think… but to listen. And my my my. There really were advantages to no one realising that you were there, wasn't there? That being mostly that it allowed you to hear a healthy (or unhealthy, rather) amount of gossip. People really did love to talk an ungodly amount of shit, and many of them much too openly. Especially when they assumed no one else heard and there would be no consequences.

Perhaps Vel does know precisely what she is doing, hiding away like this all the time.

Whatever the case, one glance at the maggots likely gave Yn part of the answer that he was looking for, no words required. But as for his questions regarding the details of what had occurred, Shel shook her head dismissively.

I don't know. But I'm going to find out, so help me.

Shel did not see a point in fully revealing what happened to her to Yn, however well intentioned he may have appeared. The orc was keeping her proverbial cards close to her chest, knowing that what she had to say was for Sheva's ears alone. So she took the easy route out, the most obvious explanation.

"I was defending myself when attacked," was all she stated, simply, truthfully. Because who would be there for Shel… more than Shel herself? This had always been her internal reasoning, what her subconscious repeated every moment of every day. Thus everything she said, everything she did—all of it—was done in pure loyalty to herself. She gave no heed to kings or queens like some peon. She had practically lost all faith in the orcish. She doubted these Rogues were any different.

"Just as anyone would do, I should imagine," Shel remarked, still deciding against giving any thorough response to his questions. Gods, it was time to change the subject. "But tell me about what happened with you. I heard whispers that you killed an orc," she continued, giving no hints to Yn if the fact that he had ended the existence of one of her kind pleased or displeased her.

In the foreground, Lulu remained fascinated by both Yn and Faur and their ability to speak so fluently with her. Never in her life had she been able to be heard so... crystal clear! Not even by her own mum! In addition to this, the pets received from the grunting man, the one who took the time to teach her what 'antlers' are, caused warm feelings of love to bubble up within the boar.

[Yes! My mum calls me Lulu! <3 <3 <3]

(For while she could not understand most of Shel's mumsounds, she did at least learn to understand her given name of Lulu, and of course, mum's grunt for the word food. Mmm. Yummy.)

[Hello Faur! I like your antlers. I wish I had antlers.]

The boar then turned to look towards Maso, who still was dead asleep.

[Or really long tusks like Maso. I could have poked back if I did.]

At the beginning of the bandit raid, Lulu had been resting with that group of cranky mares, wondering why Shel was not coming to find her. Being left alone had began to make her so sad. (And for some reason, she felt as if the mares were not fond of her. But why? Perhaps it was because she liked to sneak-eat their grain?)

Anyway, Lulu felt confused when the initial attack had begun and sprinted out alone, terrified, looking for her mother. Even more shocking to her was when she was seized by some grunting man with a very intimidating set of mansounds. This caused her to squeal in a deeper, more primordial sort of fear… as she was strung upside down from a tree branch by all four feet, this man desiring to make a feast of her after these Rogues were taught their deadly lesson.

And it was there that the boar remained as the fighting lingered on. Or at least until the same mystery Rogue that had found Shel in the thicket also came to cut Lu free of her bonds, safely placing the boar into a cart beside the orc on the journey to Alegast.

[I think you're fine as is. Having big antlers means I'm always part of the fighting. Sometimes that's rather dangerous to be doing.] Faur began, finding a spot to settle down and relax.

[Secondly, these take a lot of work to maintain and some even hunt my kind just for these bones.] Faur continued up, looking over at Yn as he worked with Shel, the worry clear on his mind. The boy would never be able to stop helping others.

"Ah, that is certainly a .. different way to heal. Most of my tribe uses salves and tonics." Yn spoke, allowing a sigh to escape him as he looked at the writhing mass on her arm. It turned his stomach some while looking at it, but the times he had seen fallen corpses on rock sides made it less so. When Shel asked about him taking on another orc, he knew that she was changing the subject. He himself was apt to change topics as well, and this was a good one.

"Yes, I did fight an orc when the bandits raided us. He caught Vel and I when we tried to return to the battle. He was a very tough opponent, and a great opponent. I'm sure he's won his place in the lands above, whichever that may be." Yn spoke, keeping his tone even as he could. Shel was giving him no clue whether or not she was pleased or pissed about him taking on one of her own. The last he wanted to do was tick her off saying the wrong thing.

Shel responded with her one good eye, its lid and lashes blinking in soft flutters, curiously. She was taking in the words of Yn the Orc-Killer, uncertain what to make of him. Either way, several seconds of silence passed between the Dusha Kin and the Orc Huntress… Shel almost appearing as if she might begin to share how she felt. But she just could not shake off the sense that now was not the time for all of that.

So in lieu of a verbal response, Shel's body spoke instead, her eyes involuntarily narrowing as she squinted at Yn with a hint of suspicion. The fact that orcish ilk had been lost stirred something strong with Shel, just as equally as what had occurred between her and the bandit from the Ice Nation. Even so, Shel rewrapped her wound and turned her gaze away from Yn so that he could once more only see the good side of her face, and veered the conversation back to his previous point about salves and tonics.

"That is our way, as well. We often seek out shamans for herbs and poultices, too. But there was no time for any of that, unfortunately."

Because time sure is a bitch, isn't it, Yn?

An unpredictable bitch, in fact… and always a gamble in all life. So one must make due with the tools they are given, balancing the risk of time versus resource… so that they may seize every opportunity that presents itself before them. Which is precisely what Shel had done with those maggots... and tried to do in everything in life. Maggots may be an antiquated way, but they were a sure way—as their hunger for rotten flesh was as ravenous as an ogre. One could bet their life on that.

"And I do appreciate the concern, really. But I need to get back to removing these so I can stitch myself up," Shel then blurted out… not rudely per se... but in bluntness as she jolted herself out of her inner musings. Balder would likely be seeking her soon, so she really should continue on with what she was doing. "So if you could give me some privacy, Yn, I'd appreciate it."

As for Lulu, she was quick to tag alongside Faur over to his resting place, saying little. She felt so sad at his words, even though they were spoken in clear boqr. She did not agree with him, nor feel fine as is. Anything was better than feeling helpless in a dangerous situation, and she wanted to tell him nooo! I want to poke back! I want antlers! And…

[Maso. </3]

Feeling suddenly unnerved again, Lulu scuttled her hooves back towards her slumbering friend, back to the mammoth who made her feel safe. He looked exceedingly hurt, with his heavy breathing quite possibly being the saddest sound in all of Alegast right now. Even Maso's rib cage looked to be in pain as he drew each laboured breath.

Lulu noticed this and went to lie beside him once more, offering the mammoth her small bit of bristly warmth… but also noticing that her new friend, Faur, was also lying down now. Oh, how snuggly they both were.

[Such giant tusks... and such a Twig Head! <3 <3 <3]

"Of course. I'll be heading out to get some sleep, been a very long road here. Thanks again for giving Faur some room and hope your arm heals well." Yn thanked Shel before he headed out. The wound on her arm still had him worried, but if she had it handled, it wasn't his place to get involved. Looking over to Faur who was now besides Maso and Lulu, wished him a good night before leaving.

[Twig head?] Faur asked Lulu incredulously. The name was very strange, but hearing it from the young boar was somewhat adorable. He did have to admit that his proud antlers were similar to the color and style of twigs, but he would have to at least call them branches due to their girth. He would let it pass for the time being.

Several Hours Earlier: The Arrival Into Alegast

As the Rogues made their final approach into Alegast and began to disperse to their respective locations, Shel made a point to cover her face with a hood as she exited the cart in search of… well, who else but the giant? Naturally, Balder was the first (and only) Rogue that Shel made an effort to seek out after the fact, hoping to sleep on the outskirts alongside him, away from the other Rogues. But to her dismay, she found that he too was suffering... regrettably so.

Of course, Shel *did* feel aggrieved by this for the giant's sake; but there was more to it than that. Because it was absolutely stunning to see him like this. Just... stunning... in a horrible, disgusting, abominable sort of way. In fact, it made Shel furious.

How could her grand plan come to fruition if Crag was incapable? How would he be able to smash up the orcish guard and thunder clap down the thick stone walls that protected her backstabbing tribe if he could not even handle these bandits?

Was her inner belief that the giant was a nigh impenetrable force to be reckoned with little more than some comforting lie? The thought made her sick inside. Until now, every time she saw the giant, all she had envisioned was a tool for her to use, one that could easily intimidate Rhok and his ilk. Shel had replayed the scenario in her mind again and again… imagining the sweet day that she would storm in atop Balder's shoulder and show her fellow citizens that she was no orc to be trifled with.

Balder was a shield for now, yes, but Shel also hungered to wield him as a weapon. It was why she agreed to join the Rogues in the first place on that very first day, in fact. Balder and his body. She needed it, she wanted it at her disposal after she finally got paid by Dagur and could wave goodbye to these naive Rogues who were only ever going to find that the Tears of the Ice Queen were little more than chasing fantasy.

But what if she had she come all this way for nothing? What was the point in this constant work she was doing to win over Balder's affections, only to find out that her daydreams about employing him to plant fear into all who had ever used her was also little more than… some wild fantasy?

Deflatedly, Shel made a point to ensure that the giant was as comfortable as possible, cooking him a very large supper and putting iced down towels on his burns (all the while pouting about the damage done to his body and to her face). As for his eventual request that she go find the lady Rogues to—erm, help?—well, Shel was unable to keep herself from a full-faced frown at this suggestion, despite half of her lip swelling like some lactating breast.

Nevertheless, other than that look, Shel did nothing to question him further, as Crag looked absolutely wrecked and she could not bring herself to refuse the giant at such a time. Not after seeing the degree of pain he was in. Pushing aside her misgivings for now, she heaved over a barrel of water for Balder to drink before patting the side of his large thigh reassuringly.

I suppose I should go to the inn, the orc thought in one last brood as she patted away, giving Crag a worried look each time he winced, but also lingering in her own conflicted feelings. Sheva will be there, Shel continued, knowing that the beautiful woman who bore the oh so beautiful gifts would likely seek out every comfort... even in this place. The way she held herself, the way she sought out the prized mare... well...

She has something very intricate to do with all of this... and she better answer all of my questions.
    Last edited by Leanna; 06-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default CO: P.K., Koti, Storm and Kris

Putting down the reins of her mare down and fitting her into the stable, Sheva was a little alarmed at the fact that no other horses aside of their group were around. No attendances or even food or drink for their mounts either.

She considered it a moment and wondered if it had anything to do with the “lovely” welcome they received while they entered town. Still, the horses needed to eat, and as much as she hated being a maid or a servant lady, she reached for jars of water and filled the trough with water, but found that no hay was in stock. Which meant they were bound to buy some… and with it… some new clothes. It has only been a week, but Sheva could never bear to wear her outfit more than two days, and she felt the smell of the travel all over her.

Vel pulled herself from the wagon, dropping to the ground once more, though trying to be gentle as the new stitches were in place. She decided it be alright to leave her axe in the wagon for now as she took in the sight of the building as the wagon was put away. The great library! At last she wanted to get her gloved hands on as many books as she could while she was here, if they were going to be here for a few days doing research she might be able to get away with staying up all night when everyone else was asleep to do some of her own light reading.

Jezi had already placed Junberry in the care of others before having to head into the shops. Knowing what she did about the city, Yn would never make entrance to the library without a shirt, and of course the fool had none. Now she had to go out to spend their money and get the idiot Yn outfitted properly. Of course though, she didn't want to go shopping in towns on her own especially the higher snobby kinds. So with that in mind, Jezi needed some companions to come with her. Many though didn't fit the bill, so only one or two people came to mind.

"Hey Sheva, yes? I was wondering if you'd be willing to come into town with me. I need to pick up supplies for Yn and I, and I feel that it'd be better to have more than one person travel at a time." Jezi asked Sheva. The woman had been stabling her own horse, and she was one of the people she wanted to bring into the town with her.

“Certainly… do you have enough coins though? Have you checked the gazes we got entering here? They may charge us double for all we know… and speaking of which…”, Sheva leaned in to whisper, “Do you have his sizes? If you are going to pick clothes for him, you better have the measurements right!”, Sheva then noticed Vel at the distanced and waved at her, “Come!”, she said to the girl, again treating her like a little sister or a child. Vel has unusual odor, but the stench of blood and travel did a number on her smell, and Sheva decided it was time for the girl to get new clothes.

Vel gazed at the Library taking it in and was about to head in when she heard someone shout. Usually it wouldn’t be towards her but she glanced around to see sheva waving, at her? Vel pointed to herself curious as to what the women wanted before slowly, almost hesitant making her way over to Jez and sheva with a curious edge about her. She cocked her head, the shifting of her hood mimicking the questioning gesture as she looked between the two women.

“We are going to get you some new clothes dear”, Sheva said as she crossed her arms over her chest, feeling proud and generous for the gesture.

"Let's not get too wild. From the time I've seen her, she doesn't stray too much from cloaks and the like. Besides, I don't want to spend all our earnings." Jezi spoke in quickly, looking to Sheva. She knew the woman had a good eye for some fineries and her hint about the possible steep prices made known that she had a good idea about shopping in general. While she wanted that expertise with her, she was worried that it was now a double edged weapon.

"Vel, I won't force you to come with, but it might make for a good time getting a lay of the land. I will agree though that maybe a few new cloaks might do some good." Jezi did offer Vel in the hopes of having her along. Maybe someone less willing to splurge on money might help curb Sheva.

"We should get moving soon if we want to get stuff done before our next task." Jezi offered up.

“Yes we should”, Sheva nodded, and led the girls outside, Vel clearly dragging far behind.

Marketplace

The surrounding atmosphere was eerie to say the least… everyone gazed at them with a very cold expression, and even the shopkeepers seemed uninterested to sell and Sheva was unwilling to take any of this attitude.

Against her better judgement she ended up leading the girls further into the more “downtown” areas, where smells of spices and fish was strong. There were a lot of shady figures but they looked much more welcoming than the more expensive looking shops they ran into before.

One of them had an exotic looking guy, with turban around his head as he waves his head and called for the girls to try one of the fabrics. It was a beautiful azure in color and was very soft, “We are heading to the colder areas, trader, I don’t think this fabric will provide our needs”, Sheva smiled in a way none of the group saw her does before, a touch of seductive touch to her pearls set of teeth that lined up.

“No, ma’am, this ain’t but a regular fabric… only the finest… while it is indeed appeared to be silk, it is not… very warm to touch, and keeps the body heat intact”

“This seemed almost unnatural, How would I know you are not lying, trader?”, Sheva asked, her eyebrows rising in surprise.

The trader laugh, “It is touched by the element of fire, it will keep you warm, provided you will not tear it too much…”

“Hmm.. it is a risk…”

“It is strong”, the trader took the fabric and started to try and tore it apart with all his power and even let Sheva try as well, “… and it still pretty… can be made into a fine gown…”

“Indeed…”, Sheva seemed somewhat unconvinced but she still kept it in her arms, “And this… a lovely looking robe and cape”

“Indeed,'' the man said lifting it up, “said to belong to a noble lady from the north. While it is a second hand, it is fully cleaned and repaired and I would even cut down the price some for it”.

“Do you want it, Vel?”, Sheva said as she turned around to look at the young woman.

Vel had been quietly trailing along, it didn’t really seem like she was going to get away even with Jaz’s words. But she supposed it wasn’t so bad, and perhaps with all the looks they were getting it might not be a bad idea for a strong arm to go along with the other two, not that she looked it.

Funnily enough they passed by the main shops taking their coin to the lower shops. Vel didn’t mind so much as she’d lived in some back allies herself, people could be trusted to a point back here and at least most of the time you knew what people were after.

As Sheva talked to the exotic man Vel turned to survey the rest of the people in the area, catching few looking the girls up and down, mostly sheva but seemed to notice that they were being watched so slinked away. When Sheva asked if she wanted it vel turned around before spotting the lovely robe and cape she’d been talking about.

It was very pretty a deep blue cape, in a low light almost black with faint shimmer. The robe was an elegant rocky gray color with the same faint shimmer. It was rather appealing but even with its more subtle elegant colors for… robe that once belonged to a noble lady? It still stood out to far much.

Vel started shaking her head before pausing. Sheva was being very kind, and she supposed she could wear it on rare occasions, perhaps in the library? She glanced down at her clothes aware of how traveled they were and rather drab in comparison. She sighed and nodded before she pulled free her own pouch.

Sheva pushed few coins at the trader, not even giving Vel a chance to pay, “I’ll also be taking the fabric… if you lie to me, I know where to find you!”

“But of course, you’d find no better stocks, and I’m sure that when you come again it will be to buy more goods!”, the man said and Sheva grinned, before placing the robes into Vel’s hands, “This one on me, okay, just please accept it!” And before she could allow the girl a chance to talk Sheva was already heading for another stand with jewelries and other pretty looking accessories, where a veiled woman was urging her to have a look into.

Vel couldn’t say no to that and carefully looked over the new clothing firmly decided she’d wear it in nice places, such as the Library. Not travel. She carefully folded it so it wouldn’t drag or get in the way before watching Sheva moved off to a new stall and Jez went about looking for clothing. Curiously she followed but made sure to keep an eye on Sheva and a wry glance at the people around them all to aware of how fast a thief could happen.

Jezi was rather glad to have the two along, already feeling rather unnerved by what eyes met stray to them. She knew that Sheva garnered most of the attention, and hopefully kept the more pesky shop keeps from bothering here. Even those that tried to bother her about buying fabrics and dresses strayed from her more cold glares. She had one goal in mind, and didn't feel like haggling over stuff she didn't need. She had remained silent during the shift between Vel and Sheva, glad that someone was treating the silent girl. Even with her own reserves to shopping, she knew to spoil hers…

"Shopping for a fetching man? Or hoping to woo someone?" The owner of the stall interrupted her thoughts.

"No, just a friend of mine. He's from the northern wilds, yet somehow doesn't own a single shirt to his name. Though with the chest of hair, that's not much of a problem." Jezi spoke, looking through the various tunics and such. There were plenty of rich colors, from shimmering emerald and ocean blues, even a few deep reds. Going with his tones and colors, nothing matched what she was thinking for this man.

"Ah, so a gift for the savages of the wild perhaps? Well, we have some lovely greens and purples, along with plenty of breeches to help color them. Do you have a specific color style in mind? Mayhaps a rich green like the forests?" The man offered, the obvious peddle his wares.

"And have him look like a strange tree trunk? Most of what he has are natural fur colors, so nothing super bold. Maybe a black or grey, simple and clean." Jezi asked up, and already she could see the disappointed look in his eyes, buried quickly under a smile.

"Balderdash to the idea. Any man wanting to impress needs to liven up his wardrobe." The man waved off her words like stale air. She frowned and went about ignoring his protests, deciding to go back to looking on her own.

Vel peered over Jez’s shoulder as she looked through clothing over hearing who she was looking for. Yn without a shirt? She supposed that made sense considering where he was from. And doubted Jez had anything in mind that the peddler was suggesting, specifically for the reasons he was making.

She’d stopped caring much about fashion when she was doing more to draw less attention. But she hadn’t forgotten the gowns she used to wear as she brushed a gloved hand through some of the clothing before pulling out a tunic that looked to be about Yn’s size but was far to bright red. She put it back thinking over what Jez said. Mute natural colors that would go with Yn’s natural set figure and tanned tone and something that would bring out his golden eyes. A dark color would do best but not to dark.

“I don’t think those colors will fit his complexion”, said Sheva after hearing Jazi’s input, and watching Vel gaze she started to wonder. In her hands she was holding a small pouch with few gems and some nice looking earrings and wrist and leg bracelets , “What do you think Vel?”, Sheva pointed at the clothes, “Don’t worry, you can simply just pick the things you like, that way we can make a good decision… Speaking of which, there is another bastard I need to get a shirt for… so… your help on the matter will be appreciated as well… I may or may not indebted to Adam about a shirt… just pick whatever, it can be ugly rag too”.

As Sheva, Jezi and Vel are in discussion, a man approaches as quietly as a breeze of air stepping close to Sheva holding a silken purple shirt. With a gentle smile on his lips, he gracefully speaks

“Gentle day dear lady of captivating beauty. Forgive a weary traveler’s intrusion yet I could not help but overhear the words from the lovely gem before me…” Ky holds the shirt out for Sheva to look upon “... it is always good to place some thought in a clothing choice for one, ugly rags are simply for pack animals. I trust this Sir Adam you speak of is not such an animal?” that part said with a smile before resuming a friendly demeanor “If I may be so bold, might I offer a suggestion of this shirt for this Sir Adam you speak of dear lady? Though I must admit, even as fine of silk this mere shirt is, it pales in comparison to the beauty my eyes fall upon.”

He looks upon Sheva seeing the striking resemblance to her sister while resisting the impulse to move his hand to his chest, he is certain that his sister had not time to speak to her travel companions yet as the Ocecat was not aware of his name when he spoke to her. Ky remains aware of the other two women’s positions even though not looking upon them. He does not know anything of Vel however Jezi matches the description of the woman those in Balefire spoke of which young Jamon seemed to be panting over.

Sheva gave a light hearted laugh, “My, and here I thought I was surrounded by savages and low lives… you can’t possibly imagine the things I’m going through with this….”, Sheva then paused and studied Ky, “Wait a minute… You… look familiar….”, she still grabbed the clothes Ky was holding as she was studying him further.

Ky simply offers a soft smile “I can imagine I would seem familiar, with so many eligible suitors which must follow you viewing for a moment of your time. Yet alas sweet ray of sunshine, this is my first meet with you, this first meet I would say goes well, would you say as much most precious lady?”

“Hmm… you going to pay for this?”, Sheva said holding up the shirt and viewing it in the sunlight. While the idea of her having to pay back Adam and companset him for his torn outfit was annoying thought to say the least, however, with all the resentment she felt she couldn’t help herself from imagining his sturdy body adorned with this magnificent fabric, which seemed tight but allowed enough space for movement. And without even understanding why this thought surfaced she blushed and quickly tried to push it away. She then looked at the gentleman with a curious gaze. He obviously wanted something from her, that much was clear… so whatever it was, he needed to show his aims first. Fully expecting him to show the coins and gift her the clothes before further exchange of negotiation she added, “Don’t you?”

Ky keeps a friendly smile, his tone remains friendly “Alas, you are aware of my want I can see. Please my precious vision, mistake me not for those whom might reside in this place. You might find me not one that would be expected within these streets…” although he already knows her name, he figures mentioning that he rides with her sister would produce bad results “... all the payment I desire for such an article which pales in comparison to the vision before me, is if you might honor my existence by speaking your name dear lady.”

“Your words are made of honey, yet… to be sure of the position… I cannot help but wonder… what is lurking behind them…”

The shopkeeper looked from Sheva to Ky, unsure what to expect and eager to get his payment. Sheva smiled gently, as she pressed the clothes tightly to her bosom, waiting for the next move of Ky.

Taking a moment to remove a small emerald from his pocket tossing it to the shopkeeper, in a casual tone
    “I pray this would cover the garment my good man…” before looking back to Sheva, his smile unwavering

“Know I do, lovely women need be wary of strangers speaking soft words, I assure you my dear, I have no ill intent… “ for this first meet “... with my words. I was simply bewitched by the vision before me. If I have in any way offended you, please accept my most sincere apology. Should you speaking your name be too high a price for the mere fabric in hand, I will consider the mere speaking to you as payment in full. The gem rendered to that man is nothing in comparison to whom I now cast me eyes upon.”

After securing the payment and tucking the shirt which was meant to be given to Adam in her bag Sheva lowered her head and then looked at Ky with a new, unreadable expression, “Is that how you won my sister over?”, she grinned as she placed the cards before him. Allowing him to know she was on to his little game, and who that person before her was, “I’m surprised though, Morinth didn’t appear to be one to fall for flattery, much less coming from humans”.

Vel didn’t think much of the approach of the man, though kept a wry gaze on him and his hands as he spoke with sheva while she continued to pick through some of the clothing. It was only when the conversation seemed to change tone that Vel stopped what she was doing all together. Sister? Sheva had a sister? Come to think of it there was a lot she didn’t know about Sheva as she turned to regard the man more closely.

His smile unwavering, his tone growing more monotone such as Su Lin during discussions

“Princess of the forest, give your sister more credit, I need not weave pretty words for her, I thought they might be handy upon our first meet.” while looking at Jezi and Vel “Trust you know that my companion has arrow at the ready should one of your companions decide to be unpleasant during our first meet. So many un-civilized beings that know not how to be polite during discussions. We then shall dispense with the play, though I believe you would need provide me acknowledgement that I can play the part well of a gentleman if I tried, would I be correct in that my dear Sheva?”

“Heheheh, archers here and well hidden? Should have expected nothing less from Su-Lin’s brother…”, Sheva’s smile faded at once as she drew closer, “However, don’t underestimate me, dear sir”, she moved her eyes around to try and locate any movement. Shit, she may have been playing a strong front but there was no way the small group of three could defend themselves against trained archers, and many of them at that. Moving her gaze back at the man, Sheva bit her lip, “Is it true you are after someone in our group, a young man which I am to deduce is Jamon?”

Ky’s friendly expression grew cold, no longer putting on any hint of friendliness

“Nerium’s little band has already heard rumors about my mission? How quaint. As like the flower I named her for, Su-Lin is indeed that, a deadly beautiful flower.”

“Hard not to!”, Sheva said angrily, “Morinth gave us more than enough leads, however it was your sister that deduce that you and your men were after Jamon… I am greatly surprised of her cunning and wisdom”.

“And I”, says Ky, “am still surprised that my dear sister Su Lin rides with companions. It is not her nature at all. Now as for the boy, he is already dead! The only reason he is temporarily uses his husk for a body is because we have yet to meet. But alas do not grief as I can offer this promise as comfort, dear Sheva - his rebirth would come with no pain...” a grin forms as he lets out a humorous chuckle, “My sister and the merry band she plays army with only struggle because you don’t understand who is behind this mission of mine and who pays my fee. I’m sure that if you knew, you would have ceased this foolish struggle long ago, and allowed me to bring about his new birth.” giving Sheva a knowing gaze.

"Your words are much sweeter than you look, and yet they still make me feel like hurling. Speaks a lot for your looks." Jezibel spoke up, giving him a hard look as she crossed her arms. She let Sheva deal with the majority of the verbal quips with the man while she studied him. When he made the remark about being surrounded by archers made her start looking out for them. Close quarters and high roofs made locating them also impossible. Though, he could just be making a bluff on them. The number of people around would make keeping a perfect shot hard, and with close areas would make it one shot before their advantage was gone.

"Though you're not much of a threat. If you truly wanted to kill Jamon, he'd be dead already. Speaks wonders to your sisters prowess and your own detriment of yours. That, or you’re afraid of what will happen when he does go through rebirth, especially now that we know who is wanting for his blood. I assume your contractors don't want it known to the masses they want him dead." Jezi spoke, baring her teeth with a feral smile. She had to resist drawing her blade while glaring at the man, with a desire to gut him. The very idea of them giving up one of their own made her stomach roil.

"While I'm sure you have quite the skills to take us all down, it would only make things worse for you in the long run. Though if you're up for it, you could pay for getting Master Yn a shirt he could wear through town." Jezi gave Ky a toothy smile before fixing him with a feral smile.

Vel wasn’t entirely sure she understood half of what was being exchanged, but she did know this. This man was threatening to assassinate Jamon, one of the new recruits under the ocecats protection. She rested her hand on her twin knives even as he said they were surrounded.

There was a chance he wasn’t bluffing, but there was also a chance that if there was an archer they would attack the first to move in his direction, if that was the case vel could take an arrow or two. But there was also the chance they would go after one of the other two should she make a move.

Still this man was either very confident in his skill to assassinate someone or stupid for telling so many people out right, though Sheva seemed to have already known he wasn’t play games with his words to try and confuse them about who his target was only trying to talk them out of protecting him? Did he think them so cheap? Vel let something out between a low grumble and a growl in his direction.

As Jezi spoke, Ky simply kept his focus on the woman. Once she had spoken the words of providing a shirt for this Master Yn she spoke of, Ky slipped his hand into a pouch removing a single coin of silver. The coin was to serve two fold, one was to provide payment for this shirt the woman before him spoke of, more importantly was the second. The coin had the inscription engraved of the Kingdom of Salivan, one which Sheva should know would have come only from the Royal Treasury of the Palace. His tone remains friendly yet flat

“Ensure the ever lovely Sheva lay her eyes upon this coin before rendering use of this for your Master Yn’s garment dear lady. The coin alone should cast more answers than my words may.”

Ky shakes his head in almost disappointment “Yet another disappointment before my eyes, does no one honor first meets? Your band who are as subtle as a Sumo banging pots at full moon on a quiet night seem not to understand I offer introduction. We both have ridden long and our rest day need not end in loss of your companions. The boy’s life force already belongs to me, today though is not the proper time to collect upon it. Why my sister aligns herself with such I may never understand.” before casting a harder gaze upon Vel. Although she remains covered, her mannerisms are distinct. Obviously she is not Vampire as they do not mingle in daylight, the brief glimpse in her eyes do not show wolf so this one is not Lycan yet she does not seem to have life in her eyes. Looking upon her hands presuming she readies steel, he offers in a gentle tone

“Mistress who is not of life or death, you needn't have hand on your steel. Curious though what transgression you caused while of the living to be so cursed.”

With that, Ky takes a step back moving his hand to his chest offering a slight bow
    “Gentle day dear ladies, this has been a pleasant first meet.”

While remaining aware of any sounds or movement which might follow, Ky turns and proceeds back into the crowd of the market.

“Mistress who is not of life or death?”, Sheva tilted her head as she looked at Vel, wondering what this strange man wanting with her or what he could imply to, “What… what does it all mean?”.

She took a moment to collect her thoughts, but still felt as though the air was suffocating her, and she knew there was no time to delay on such matters. Besides, sheva’s attention was far more directed to the coin in Jazi’s hands. She seized the coin from Jazi scanning it, her pupils dancing wildly in their sockets. Before long she was cursing under her breath, “bastard”. She then looked around, “I’m sure they are still here… We can’t stay here for long… not like this anyway”, Sheva took a deep breath before looking at Vel, “I’m sorry. Please… pick again the color you think is best for Yn’s shirt… It will be the last thing we will buy today, but I sure don’t want us to go without you having another input. And Jazi… allow me to keep the coin, okay? I will pay for this shirt myself, just… let me keep this one with me”

Vel was startled into stillness, her grip on her daggers loosened as her hazy eyes widened as Ky spoke. He was observant, Maybe too observant. She remained silently staring off where he’d vanished her thumb rubbing the hilt of her blade. A part of her was seething but it went still and cold with dread when she heard Sheva ask. Fortunately her attention seemed taken off of her for only a moment but it was moment enough.

If this Ky could see what she was, who else in this city? What trouble would it bring? How long before her companions were awear? Vel shook her head suddenly as Sheva again spoke to her, clutching her new clothing in one arm before she turned on her heels. Sheva might ask again, Jez might ask, she didn’t want to face these questions and she didn’t want anyone else finding out. This town was already less than friendly to them, she didn’t need to cause her companions more trouble. Her stride was quick, almost urgent as she left Sheva and Jez in the midst of the clothing.

“Vel!”, Sheva called after her. Looking between Jazi and Vel, Sheva added, “Jazi, we should head back, now. Let’s just grab something. I don’t want her to be left alone!”

"Okay, I think I got it." Jezi spoke in return. After Ky had given her the coin to cover the cost, she turned her eyes back to the man. She didn't dare risk speaking to Ky again, and even more not wanting to draw any more attention.

"This should do just fine." Jezi spoke as she pulled a black vest, trimmed with gold and white thread and paid the man with coin from Sheva. Tucking it under her arms she ran to catch up after the two, not wanting to be exposed any longer nor letting one of them get lost on their own. Things would be a lot more interesting in this town than she believed.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Co-op Bettwen DNA and P.K.

Vel’s strides were long, but the urgency in her stride as she moved out of the downtown area and into the upper city and towards the Library's annex buildings was an unusual gait for the hooded figure whose usual stride was a far more slow. In one arm was a bundle of clothing, fine cloth in dark blue and rocky gray hue’s with the faint shimmer. Her other hand was near one of her twins daggers, her thumb caressing it's blade almost nervously.

"Still kicking huh?" A voice called out from a nearby oak tree.

Vel’s hand gripped her knife and nearly pulled it completely free turning to regard the voice. Her eyes trailed up the tree to peer into the foliage.

Tris juggled a pair of acorns from his seat on one of the bottom limbs. "Bet my acorns, will hit before your knife does."

Vel paused as she realized who it was and shoved the knife back in place but her thumb went back to rubbing its hilt in that nervous fashion as she gazed up at him. Tris was observant to maybe just as observant as this Ky. He was nice enough but tended to play a little to much he made her uneasy, especially now.

The archer quirked an eyebrow. The woman below looked like a child who was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. “Someone looks guilty,” He commented. “Is it going to cause us any problems?”

Observant for sure. But it wasn’t guilt she was feeling. She paused as he asked if it was going to cause them problems. She honestly wasn’t sure if Ky really was aware of what she was then how many other people were aware? That alone could cause the group… problems. She wasn’t sure how to answer as she stood there her thumb paused mid stroke of the hilt as she thought. It was exactly what she’d been trying to avoid from the start. Causing the guild problems. She let out something of a sigh and removed her hand from her dagger all together but seemed defeated and uncertain.

The archer threw an acorn at the woman’s head. “That’s not an answer you know.” He said as he got to his feet, walking along the tree’s limb.”I just wanna know if I’m gonna have to kill a local. Old man won’t like it, so better to know ahead of time.”

Vel didn’t react as the acorn bounced off her head. She shook her head. No he shouldn’t have to kill anyone, but she may have to leave she thought as she watched him walk along the tree branch. Eager to be away, to be alone and out of sight of others but knew better then to just walk away, Tris after all was a senior to the guild she was still ‘young’.

“Good,” Archer said. “Funerals are expensive around people like these.” He swept an arm at the college around them. His empty hand slipped behind his back and a cloth wrapped bundle came out. He tossed it to the ground at Vel’s feet.

Vel looked down at the package before carefully crouching down to pick it up before looking back up at the archer curiously, her head cocked slightly in question. What was this?

“Most people open their presents before questioning them.” Tris said, his tone feigning injury.

Vel looked down at the package a little apprehensive before tucking the bundle that was her new clothing under one arm and beginning to open the package to see what was inside.

“Hey you found them.” Tristifer said as she opened the package. He stepped off the tree branch landing on his feet. “Great. Since you have them I guess it won’t hurt for you to look at them. You can read them right?”

What was this? Letters? She thumbed one open as Tris spoke. She wasn’t certain if she should roll her eyes or huff in response. He could have just asked. Still she was intrigued. She could read them, most of it anyways piecing it together shouldn’t be too big of a problem. She looked up at the archer still puzzled. Where had he gotten them? She nodded that she could read them but why was he giving them to her? She didn’t have enough hands to reach for her book and quill to ask him more questions.

“Great.” The human said tossing his remaining acorn in his hand. “I need you to translate them. The faster the better, but there is one tiny, almost imperceptible catch….” He trailed off, his eyes watching her.

Vel raised an eyebrow in his direction, though it would be hard to see with her hood up she made a small gesture with the hand clutching the letters for him to go on. What catch?

Tris smiled, seeing the fish on the hook. “Know one can know what you are doing except you and me. Adam and Balder already know about the letters, but the info passes between you and me. Got it?”

Vel wasn’t certain how to feel about that. What if Adam or Balder asked? It was one thing if another member asked, But Adam and Balder were also considered to be authority on this trip. She shifted uncomfortably for a moment before looking back at the letters. Though it was likely that Tris would share whatever information she gleaned with the other two. After considering it she slowly nodded in agreement, curious about what importance the letters had to the trio.

“Excellent.” Tris said, turning to the building. Making his way to the door he opened it and held it. “Sooner the better if possible.” He said standing there.

Vel followed along pausing for a moment before she nodded again. It was important and perhaps reading it and translating it for him would tell her why. She slipped past him now intent on finding a room where she could work, alone.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Balder, Stables, Late Afternoon*

The trip to and through Alegast was a painful experience the Giant was not eager to relive anytime soon. His numerous wounds were a constant reminder why his people so rarely went to war. They were the biggest easiest targets on any battlefield. Even in armor that battle would've been nightmarish, but what's more than his injuries were Maso's. Unless in rut most mammoths are pacifists just like Giants, and also like Giants they're usually the biggest targets.

Thankful for his comrades Balder was even more thankful once they reached the Annex and he could sit down he'd never be able to fit in the building itself, but with some slow work he had rigged himself a snug lean-to by the time Shel got up the gumption to come see him. He contemplated telling her she didn't look so rough when he rescued her and Lulu, but as he watched her mope about because she got a little banged up he decided to leave her be. Like all of the Plains Folk she was a very proud individual and a touch vain like all women to a degree. So he simply made small talk as she tended to him. He asked her to go keep an eye on the women of the Gallery if they went into town. As refined as Alegast may seem even swine wear powdered wigs from time to time. Before the woman left he let out a low chuckle and called out to her. "Even banged up you're a pretty woman Sprout...relax and enjoy yourself tonight."

Then the big Quartermaster was alone...well almost he had set up his little tent by the stables so he could keep an eye on Maso. But much to his amusement Lulu was doing that for him nuzzling and licking his wounds lightly. And as the big man let out a pained laugh the small pig gave a snort and stood up waddling over beginning to lick the Giant's wounds...or at least the ones she could reach. It made the battered rogue chuckle weakly at the show, but as the gate to the annex's stable rang out the pig shot back to the protective bulk of the slumbering Maso. With a low sigh Balder looked up and saw a young High Elf man dressed in the fine garbs of a Fifth Year student cautiously approaching him. He was rather short for a High Elf, maybe he was a Half-Breed? The big man was too tired to care, but as the lad approached him and bowed low a sinking feeling began it's way down his stomach.

"Are you Balder of Stonestead, Captain of the Rogue's Gallery?" Such a formal greeting just made that feeling go deeper. "Yes, I assume this is from the Dean?"

The lithe High Elf looked up surprised, as if he never expected the Giant to be able to speak so well let alone guess his reason for...lowering himself to be seen out here.
    "Yes, your presence is requested in the amphitheater Master Balder. Are you able to move?" He said studying the big creature's many wounds. The Giant let out a sigh biting back his initial response of "Go tell the Dean she can walk her pretty ass over to me instead." But they were already disliked by most of Alegast because they were fighters not scholars so no sense in pissing off one of the most powerful people in town who already hates them. So the Quartermaster simply let out a low sigh and stood up panting slightly. "Give me an hour, good thing the amphitheater is just around the back of the building." The Elf boy gave a curt nod and quickly turned on his heel nearly running away from the smelly stables. He let out a low chuckle and moved to begin making himself more presentable.

Luckily he had enough forethought to pack the long dress cape, fine mammoth fur vest, and large pants that count as dress garbs for Giants. The last thing he needed was a walking stick, otherwise he'd never be able to make it to the meeting place. Luckily there were some stout, but dead trees nearby that looked to be his height. Reaching low he let out a pained grunt and yanked the old oak from it's centennial home and after breaking off the extra branches and loading them into his wagon for firewood later he had a nice improvised walking stick. He wouldn't need any of his weapons so with a series of low grunts the Giant began limping his way to meet with the Dean.

*The Amphitheater, early evening.*

Balder arrived at the rim of the deep natural stone pit that made up the Alegast Amphitheater. Used by the whole town for meetings, theatrical productions, lively political debate, as long as it wasn't raining or snowing chances are something was going on inside "The Bowl" as the residents affectionately called it. Luckily he wouldn't have to navigate the narrows steps down because the stately woman dressed in red he had come to see was already walking up the steps towards him. He let out a low hurm of a greeting and leaned his back against the wall for support. He hoped the Dean was only going to lecture and yell at him a little bit then he could leave. The walk over had tired him right out. "Greetings Dean Rabenhaus, to what do I owe the pleasure of your summons?"

The queen like woman said nothing as she approached, but as she drew nearer and saw the grievous wounds the Giant had endured, her hard features softened and took on a mask akin to sorrow and compassion. She stopped a few feet from Balder and sat down on one the top benches placing her hands neatly in her lap sitting like the perfect queen she resembled. "Dagur still sending all of you to your near deaths chasing foolish treasure?"

Balder chuckled lightly sitting down on the stony ground his legs unable to keep him up for very long. "You know that's not how he works Dean Rabenhaus he..." She lifted her hand letting out a low annoyed sigh. "Just Daniella, please I hear that insufferable title a hundred times day, this was meant to be Dagur's job not mine. I just wanted to be an educated lady of academia and a faithful wife like my mother before me and grandmother before her."

Balder chuckled low. "You still know he'd never knowingly send us into danger Daniella."

The woman scoffed then stood her hands beginning to glow slightly as she approached the wounded rogue. "Oh yes of course, because Icefire burns just fall from the sky and try to kill random fools on the road." Using the light of her hand she moved Balder's clothing about inspecting the wounds. "You have both a Healer and a Mage in your company why haven't they tended to these?" She asked nearly in the same way a mother hen would should her chicks be hurt in a stupid way.

The Giant was too tired to stop her and simply chuckled. "Ash isn't well versed in healing my people and our Mage is more gifted in destruction than restoration."

Daniella sighed and began chanting slowly the glow of her hands slithering out across Balder going under his clothing searching for and healing as many wounds as it could. "He's going to get you all killed, just like he is going to get himself killed. That has always been his way, "fortune and glory" he always said when we went into town together, he even went on about it when we were alone at home like he was trying to convince the gods of his intent." She scoffed again slight bit of pain behind it this time. "Made him nearly insufferable to live with, but almost just as insufferable was his positive outlook on everything. Barely took a thing serious his whole life."

Balder was relaxing into the cool wind like feeling of the magic as it moved over him, but he stopped himself from falling asleep. "He was serious about family."

She let out a short hard laugh. "Please, his constant fighting with father was all he was serious about. He couldn't care less about family. No matter how much we meant to each other." She slowly moved around sending her magic healing snakes to begin work on Balder's back.

Shaking his head slowly Balder sighed. "No his love of family is why he left. He saw the pain it was causing everyone around him, but he couldn't just quiet the wonderlust. So he just need what he thought was the best option and left.

The Dean let out a quiet sniff as she finished healing Balder. "He could've talked with me we've always been there to help each other growing up. He's just an overgrown child."

Balder let out another low chuckle. He often thought that himself, but simply leaned back feeling the cooling sensation make his whole body seem to glow. "I'll give you that one Daniella, but this time might be different. We're..."

"Hunting for the Tears of the Ice Queen, yes I know. It's been all the talk in Alegast. The bandits you all ran into, came through our town a few days ago. And they were quite chatty, I am unsure how they learned about your mission though. Dagur was always tight-lipped about his idiotic ventures and I know he would've told you all to be quiet." She shook her head slowly hugging herself around her stomach as she moved back to the bench. "I can give your group full access to the Library for your research, we have a few tomes that might be useful. Just seek out Senior Scribe Eldrit, he'll know where to look. But most of your group are little better than brigands, so please only send those who can respect the Library and it's contents. Your Mage, Sheva, the small hooded girl Vel, and the soft looking boy Jamon will be good choices, the rest I'll leave up to you."

Balder nodded standing up much easier now. "Thank you Daniella, but I must ask one question." He chuckled lightly still leaning on his makeshift staff. "How did you learn so much about my crew? A few of them are brand new."

Daniella's regal face broke into a sly grin. "My brother isn't the only one in the Harken family with a great deal of outside contacts."

Balder nodded chuckling lightly. "Of course, well tell your husband I said hello. I promise I'll do my best to keep the Rogue's Gallery in line." The Dean gave him a courtly nod and walked through the gates of the Amphitheater. He watched her go before following behind heading back to stables to get some rest. Healed or no it's been a long few days and he needed some sleep.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 06-16-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default Co Post - Bluemoon/Storm: Nerium

Having found a small patch of garden on the grounds of the Annex complex, Su Lin sat in quiet meditation. Ky’s appearance was troubling yet for selling himself for mere coin and trinkets, he had maintained some honor. She knew that he would not take any action upon this first day as this was the formal introduction to his quest. The midday sun did not seem to offer her warmth, she felt a chill through her body. Her brother’s words resonating through her mind, what monstrosity would use a young man such as Jamon just to destroy his life when they were done with their creation? Such was it with the fortune teller, now her own brother speaking words that Jamon could be the cause of much blood shed. Her brother at least gave some helpful information, what ever play was set before them, Ky spoke that young Jamon was not aware of what he was mixed up in.

--------

Like Su Lin, Mynx was thinking on her encounter with Ky, worrying over the fact that Su Lin’s meeting with the teller of fortunes may now be coming to truth. Her mind did not connect the mystical importance of the occurrence...only that she now had another thing to frustrate her casually paced existence. Jamon...lycans...and now assassins. What mattered to her was finding the woman and questioning the appearance of this so-called brother...and she used her sense of smell to lead her to a spot of reflection...and the object of her query.

The feline stood screened from view for a moment, verifying that the two would be alone, at least for a short while. Many smells assaulted her sensitive nares, but none that alarmed her, and as she stepped away from a tree’s stately shadow she called out to Su, referring to her by the name she had heard Ky use during their conversation, her voice sounding both strained and angry.

“Nerium?”

Though she did not have the sense of smell which Mynx had, Su Lin knew another approached and watched her from the shadows. As Mynx stepped out and spoke the name 'Nerium' .. a pained expression washed over her features. It was obvious who Mynx heard the name from, yet Mynx might not understand why Su Lin was given that name early in her life. It was her younger self which she took no pride. The years when she was first purchased by a Palace to use her skills in life removal, not for coin or jewels yet more for morals. Young and naive, in the belief that those within grand Palaces were noble and honorable, she would rebirth those she was instructed without question nor additional coin. Yes, Nerium, the most beautiful of flowers which only function was to bring about death. Even when burned, the smoke of the stems would bring about death. It had been years since she last heard that name spoken, now her brother and her friend both opened up that painful name.

Su stood and faced Mynx, in an unsteady tone in her voice, unsure what all she and her brother spoke of, Su Lin offered,

"Gentle day Mynx. Spoke with Ky have you?" Su Lin placed her hand to her chest nodding slightly waiting for Mynx to speak or strike out at her.

The ocecat did neither, her eyes narrowing as the white of her teeth was exposed in a sneer. She looked upon the warrior, appraising her fully to appreciate the similarities she shared with Ky, both in appearance and mannerisms. Then she nodded in turn, hitting her chest before letting out a sigh.

“So...is true. You have brother?” she stated, her voice still holding an edge of irritation. The question was merely a formality, her mind already having decided the statement was true. “Why not speak of him...and danger? He threaten Jamon...and safety of Guild. You advise cat. What best to do?” She tilted her head at the inquiry. It had always been the way of her people to take care of their own, whether it was a dispute, a proposed mating, or a death. To Mynx, it fell upon Su Lin’s shoulders to decide the fate of her sibling...one way or another. “I not kill...but threat made. I will do as you say.”

As Mynx spoke, Su Lin remained in a casual stance. As Mynx finished speaking in a manner far more calm than Su Lin had expected, in a flat tone,

“A brother I do have. Hide this I did not. Much about me I do not speak. Like with name brother spoke. Nerium is flower, pleasant to eyes… “ she had never considered herself beautiful yet she would take care of her appearance and what she wears. Speaking on appearances still made her uncomfortable “... flower is also poison if eat, even if smell or touch. Burn flower, even smoke will kill. Is name given long ago, when Su Lin was reckless girl. Is name brings Su Lin pain.”

She allowed the Ocecat to process this before continuing. “Only know Ky here today. Unexpected he talk to guild. More troubling were his words. Young Jamon is who he seeks, more to story than even the young sire might know. For what need do, this is brother’s path, I not allow even brother cause destruction for his coin, if need, his life must be lost, I will pray his new to have more honor.”

Su Lin looked to Mynx, an emptiness in her eyes and facial expression.

The woman’s words rang true and the feline nodded, leaning forward to rest her cheek against Su’s to offer comfort, her anger dissipating quickly once she realized her friend had also just learned of the assassins arrival. She snorted in frustration, pulling away to look into the trees, her tail twitching. “He...will...not be easy to kill if like you,” she said, trying hard to speak properly. “..and Jamon not safe while Ky...is...alive.” She continued to scan the area around them, her ears moving to pick up any stray sound. “The trees...have eyes…” she said, a low growl following her statement. “Ky travel alone?”

Su Lin cast her gaze toward the trees offering simply,

“Usually yes, however he now travels with Miss Sheva’s sister. Do not know which is more danger, Sheva sister moves without noise as Ky. Do not know if Morinth wishes boy dead or just travels with Ky. Both are dangerous. We have today, he will not act on this day. That is only honor still in him.”

Mynx rolled her shoulders back, standing fully upright as if at attention. “I kill both!” Her confidence beamed, although she questioned her ability to go up against an assassin and a magic user. She glanced at Su Lin, a smirk on her face as she let her shoulders drop and her stance relax. “You help?” She laughed lightly, knowing her show of bravery was nothing more than fluff. She could take on several humans...but this was beyond her skill.

Su Lin’s tone flat, still gazing upon the treeline as she simply uttered,
    “Yes, I help.” Her tone slightly louder “Do you bring your pet dear brother?”

Ky stepped from a brushline, his tone holding amusement

“Dear sister, really do you need speak on my companion as a pet? Do I speak of the Cat as the boy’s bitch? Or is the boy the Cat’s bitch?” with a chuckle “... come on now Nerium, we both must know that the boy is better off finding new life painlessly. This will happen, only matters how many will suffer trying to stop an approaching storm.”

“You speak in riddles my brother, what game do you play and what does this have to do with young Jamon?” looking toward Mynx as Ky also gazed upon the Ocecat.

The feline shifted her gaze from one to the other. According to Su, the man would not be a threat today...but Mynx had no creed to stay her hand. Would it not be best to attack while he was being civil? The reasons for why he desired to kill the young prince were of no matter to her...only that she was his protector. If the boy was to die, it would be at her hands...he was her responsibility. It was her decision...not a strangers.

With both their eyes on her, Mynx scoffed, her nails extending as she clenched her hands. “Jamon...will not...be victim. ...and I not bitch...that for dogs.” She snarled, her lips pulling up as her teeth once again were exposed. She moved towards Ky then in a burst of speed, unsure of her attack plan, but hoping to at least draw blood.

Su Lin called out, “Don’t Mynx…” was all she managed to get out.

Ky well aware of the species and their speed, his own speed and agility surprising to those who didn’t know of him, focused now purely upon Mynx. As she moved toward him, he moved the arm which contained a round dry ball, now crushing the ball into a fine powder and throwing the powder into the air, bringing a fine powder cloud descending into Mynx path. As this was their first meet, Ky had brought a fast acting sedative as he would not remove life on their first meet. Simultaneously Ky moved out of the path Mynx was on at a speed equal to the Ocecats, so even if she eluded the seditative cloud, he would not be in front of her attack. Ky reached behind his back gripping the handle of his steel should the dishonorable attack continue. Shaking his head, more to Su Lin,

“Does this cat not know introduction days are not one to bring about new birth? This cat should sleep soon. If my steel must feel air, the cat will endlessly sleep and awake as something hopefully with better honor.”

Mynx heard Su’s words, her ears turning towards her, but it was too late, the feline already stepping into the aerosolized powder as the warning was uttered. She shook her head, trying to rid her fur of the dust and only succeeded in setting off her balance. In that span of a few seconds, her target had moved, and she shifted to follow, surprised at the speed with which the human had moved. A low growl was emitted as she reached for the weapon across her back, her hand falling short as her next step brought her to her knee. Confused, the ocecat looked to the ground, knowing the path to Ky had been clear of any branches or roots...but still she had dropped in her stride. Eyes narrowing, she once again shook her head, this time to clear the cobwebs that seemed to fall across her vision. With one final struggle against the potion’s pull, she tried to get to her feet, Ky’s words to his sister reaching her ears as she collapsed to the ground. ‘...cat should sleep...’ Yes, she could use a nap, she thought, her mind shutting off as her eyes closed heavily and her head met the soft grass.

As Mynx stumbled and rested within the grass, Ky lowered his hand not having to bring his steel. Knowing the Ocecat would be ready for his trick on next meet, he looked to Su Lin, a grin on his lips, his tone unusually friendly,

“I can see why you travel with this one dear Nerium. She is a fierce cat, truth told sister, had she not attacked me, I would have been compelled to see her reborn into something else. She does her race credit.”

With a cringe on her face, Su Lin spat out “Why keep use of that name Ky, you know how much pain it brings me! That is NOT who I am any longer!”

“Su Lin, my baby sister, changing a given title does not change a heart. We can name Spring to Winter, yet when Spring comes, fields will still be planted no matter the name given. Names will not change what Spring brings just as hiding from the title given you will not change what you are. No my sister, abandon the title given in youth will not change what you are dear sister.

That man you provided a new birth outside the slavers tavern when you first helped the child I seek did not need die. The drunks in the tavern that found new life, that was tell tale you dear sister. Yes, I have heard these stories and others where you travel, after all, how can an elder brother not keep tabs with his sister?”

Su Lin trembled, her tone shaky “Those men were … different … necessary, they would have … they were evil, I only did … “

Ky lightly laughed “Still in denial Nerium? Had the Kingdom of Prasea never dispatched their soldiers to remove you from this world after they were done using you, you dear sister would still be the same as I. Though you never took their trinkets and additional coin, acting more on this silly notion of honor, that silly notion brought you only their betrayal.” Ky offered a smile “The Knights of Prasea still speak of the morning their King awoke with the heads of those he dispatched to remove your life lying atop his blanket while he slept. THAT is who my sister is dear Nerium.” Ky looked over towards Mynx while stepping closer to Su Lin, a rare brotherly tone “We will speak again before I collect the boys life. Go tend to the Cat Ner… Su. Palace betrayal has tainted your vision dear sister, walking away from a deserved title will not change what you are my sister.” Before Su Lin had a chance to speak, Ky moved his hand to her cheek “Till our fates cross again my sister.” he said, turning and stepping back toward the treeline from where he came.

As Ky walked toward the treeline, Su Lin wiped her face and took a moment to compose herself before quickly stepping toward where Mynx lay. She removed an acupuncture needle from her wristband and inserted it into a temple lobe so as to release adrenaline into Mynx’ system to counteract the sedative Ky was known to use. She softly whispered to Mynx,

“Lie there for a moment, do not rise too fast my friend.”

The ocecat did as she was told, her first thought being it was morning as she was waking from a night of drinking. Her head ached and she felt drowsy, part of her wanting to continue to sleep despite the rowsing. She groaned softly, the memory of Ky slowly slipping back into her consciousness. Grunting with the effort of trying to sit up, she reached for her blade, her eyes scanning the area before them. They appeared to be alone. She stayed her hand, sighing with weariness before turning her attention to Su Lin.

“He gone?” she asked, feeling the fool for falling for his trick. She should have known better...like Su, there was more to him than met the eye…even one as perceptive as hers.

Still with her brother’s words on her mind, there was a sadness in her tone, Su Lin’s eyes still a redness to them not typical with anger, more from sadness.

“He has gone, he will be back.” as she looked to Mynx trying to regain some composure or at least wash her feelings off her outer appearance “His tricks will be more dangerous next meet. This day though is safe, we need to be ready when he comes for young Jamon.” Ky’s words still unsettling having brought up a past she desired to never return to and memories she tries to forget.

With a slight nod, the feline leaned towards her friend, putting their foreheads together, a hand lightly placed behind the other’s head in a gesture of compassion. Emotion was not something often seen on Su Lin’s features and the ocecat offered the physical equivalent of a human’s hug with the personal contact. “We be ready,” she stated firmly, pulling away and struggling to her feet. She was by no means steady on her feet, but she managed well enough with Su’s assistance as the two walked back to the Annex building at each other’s side.
    Last edited by Storm; 06-17-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default Yami and Breggo CoOp

Night of the attack

Ashvel had written the letter to the guild master, and given it to the two that were acting as guard and transport for Bigwit. As the two left with him in tow Ashvel went to work taking care of the wounded that had yet to be tended to. This night has been filled with blood shed, was not ending any better. As everyone was treated the bodies were being raided and disposed of Ashvel turned his attention to the young lady that had been taken captive. He could tell that she would need some medical attention, and made his way over.

The closer he got to her the more he could tell that she was a cursed. The same kind of cursed as that man, a Lycan. He personally didn’t care for ‘him’ however, he held no animosity towards the race. As long as she didn’t try to kill him or any of the other members of the guild and he would not make a move against her. Though he has a suspicion that she might know ‘him’ and thus be his enemy.

Taking a deep breath he stopped to get a bowl of water before arriving at her side. It seemed she was still unconscious, but it might be a trick. Kneeling next to the Lycan he looked her over seeing several lacerations. Luckily it looked like she wasn’t in too bad of shape. Taking a clean cloth from his bag he dipped it in the water and began to clean the injuries, and look for more severe injuries. Other than the obvious problem with her arm.

The cold winter breeze made the outdoors a dangerous place to be in for all but the most prepared of souls, men and women who had no other place to call home or simply didn’t want to. The sun shone just a few hours a day and even then, it was usually hidden by a layer of clouds, appearing cold and distant. Of course, that was the case when branches of old forests didn’t hide it from view completely and then the forest floor remained in shadows day-round, colder and harsher, deceiving all that dared venture among the trees. Snow covered the ground, a couple feet in some places, adding to the chilled atmosphere reflecting the faint sky light. The base of the mountains were especially prone to snowfalls, avalanches adding to the treacherous terrain and making it near impossible to climb up the rocky cliffs.

In all of this hazardous winter wonderland, only the ponds and rivers added true beauty. Still water froze to become a mirror full of intricate white designs, allowing a small glimpse into the secrets at the bottom of its waters, colorful fish swimming slowly beneath the ice. Streams and rivers continued to roar, the white foam that was so foreign in the summer coming into its own among the stillness of winter. Dragging ice and snow atop their restless waves, they continued to flow through their beds and crevices, fighting against the ice that tried to stop them.

Among all this beauty, there was barely a beast around. Animals hid in their burrows, sleeping the cold away. There were more footprints than animals and if one was to be seen, it was a quick dart for some water or to scavenge food before it disappeared once again. Sitting on one of the branches of a tall birch, Selene watched as a pair of deer came to a nearby creek, drinking one at a time, ears twitching and alert. Their velvet noses flared and they shifted nervously, aware that a predator was there but unable to locate the exact location. The girl grinned in amusement, her nose able to pick up the animals’ discomfort, huddling deeper into her fur cape till her nose was the only thing outside the fur, resembling a huge vulture of fur, only her eyes observing the surrounding landscape.

“Selene!” The echo, faint as it was, startled the deer who immediately tensed up, ears twitching. The girl herself remained calm, unmoving. Biting her lip, she watched, inwardly hoping the creatures stayed, relaxed, continued to enjoy the day yet she knew better than that. Nothing would last forever, peace didn’t last forever, life didn’t last forever, and usefulness didn’t last forever. A second that stretched for infinity froze the world in a state of anticipation.

“Selene! Where are you, mongrel?!” The deer took flight, elegantly hopping over a fallen log, their long legs carrying them further and further away. The voice came closer that time, the echo angry. Jameyson wasn’t pleased and Selene couldn’t figure out the reason why. Her mind tried to figure out what had set the man on edge and try as she might, she struggled to remember what exactly she had done that was against the strict rules she lived in. Whatever it was, she would be reminded soon enough and the reminder was to be painful. Sighing, the girl dropped down from the branch, landing quietly in the snow and taking a moment to observe her surroundings, eyes scanning for any potential danger. Straightening, Selene made her way towards her master, his figure standing darkly by one of the bare oaks. Biting her lower lip, the girl forced herself to keep her breathing to remain even, blue eyes never leaving his.

“Didn’t I tell you not to go out?” Jameyson frowned, looming over the thirteen year old girl, arms crossed on his chest.

“You did,” Selene’s voice was emotionless, dead and cold. The thief smirked coldly as he took in his personal killer. She wasn’t much – skinny with a few fresh scars on her skin, large blue eyes and pale skin. Elongated fangs stood out whenever she spoke, not extremely long but enough to make her seem wild, dangerous and uncontrollable. The first lycan to be tamed – an achievement that made the man immediately a desirable ally and dangerous foe.

“This world is cruel,” Jameyson’s voice was contained anger, eyes sparkling in anticipation of the punishment he was going to give to his property. “You know that right?”

“I do,” Selene looked out into the distance, staring unblinkingly out into nothingness. “Every action has a consequence, every decision I make will have repercussions. You only want what’s best for someone like me, a monster unable to fully control their own desires and emotions.”

“Exactly,” the man paused, rubbing his chin absently. “At least you listen sometimes. That doesn’t mean you haven’t crossed the line. Who said you could go wander the Wilderwoods by yourself? Answer me, mutt.”

“I,” Selene faltered for a second before continuing. “I decided it wouldn’t matter. No one was around here anyway, I made sure of that.”
    The slap that followed echoed among the trees, a few lone birds taking off in alarm, forcing the snow to drop down from their branches. Selene’s cheek burned from the impact but the girl kept staring ahead, not allowing a single muscle to move. Jameyson gritted his teeth, grabbing the scruff of her shirt, starting to make his way back to camp. “Never. Do you hear me? Never think that you can make any decisions for yourself when you are with me. I will let you know when you can think and what.”

There was no response. Selene allowed herself to be dragged, faithfully following along, the cold winter air causing her burning cheek to go numb. There would probably be a bruise there in a few hours and it would sting like a bear’s arse from experience but the girl knew better than to speak back to her master. Only her eyes followed the flight of a lonely hawk up above, circling the trees in disarray, calling out for a mate that would never come. The lonely cry of the bird pierced Selene to the bone – somehow, she could not shake off the feeling of emptiness in her heart.

The memory gave way once again to the throbbing, barely bearable pain of her arm. The cold night air kissed her skin, chilling her to the bone. She felt like she was on fire, sweating and wanting to rip her own skin off to cool the burning flames with in. And as she struggled to breathe in the suffocation of her own mind, coolness appeared. It was so faint, she wondered if she imagined it but it happened again and again, leaving behind small drops of such desired water. Fire and ice seemed to swirl within her veins, battling for control as she struggled to grasp onto something and….

Jameyson was dead. Her mind focused on that fact like a hawk on its prey, grasping onto it as though it was the lifeline to her world. Her master was dead, rotting in the field or burning or drowned. Regardless he was gone and she was...what was she? She couldn’t focus on that though, the elements battling within her and making it a slow form of torture, Selene wondering if her internal organs were going to survive. She had seen men spill their guts before, had cut through intestines and more but till this day, she never cared about her own well being. Even when her arm had been broken a few months ago, she only cared about returning to her master, to avoid punishment and get some praise. He always was there to make her human, to control her beastly side, to make sure she was never a brainless monster. Perhaps that was it, perhaps this was her curse. She was to burn up as a pile of ash or become a solid ice sculpture because she was now a monster.

The water mover to her neck and suddenly Selene was unable to breathe. Her throat chest tightened, scrambling for oxygen. Desperate, refusing to go under, the girl sat up coughing, eyes glowing wildly as she tried to regain her breathe unsuccessfully. A few minutes passed until she was able to inhale cool night air, shaking from the effort and gently cradling her arm. Her throat felt as though someone used metal shards to scratch it from the inside, leaving deep gashes in the sensitive tissue. Focusing on the distant trees, the girl got her body under control, breathing hard. Turning her head, she finally noticed the person beside her, holding a damp cloth near an upturned bowl in a muddy puddle, probably caused by her wild antics.
    Her nostrils flared as she caught his scent - dangerous, evil, inherintently deadly and not deserving of life. In the dark night, she could make out his features in part thanks to the insane paleness of his skin. He was perfect - or at least she assumed he was - with defined muscles and long pale hair. Red eyes looked at her and involuntarily, Selene scowled revealing her own elongated fangs. He was one of the night children, one of the lycan hunters, a murderer. Almost on its own accord, Selene’s body responded, muscles coiling up into springs, ready to act at any moment. She would not go down without a fight, not when it was one of them. Quietly, she watched her nemesis.

Ashvel had been gently wiping the blood away from her injuries unaware of what was happening within her mind. She had long raven black hair that seemed almost darker thanks to the night sky, and her skin was pale, though not nearly as colorless as his own. Giving a light sigh he took the rag and cleaned it in the water. However, before he could return to cleaning her injuries she woke up with a start frailing her legs around, and knocking the bowl of water over. Only watching for now since it was not a good idea to stop a Lycan when they are startled.

As she regained her composer her eyes locked onto him, and instantly had a deep seeded hate in them. As her body tensed Ashvel reached down to upright the bowl, and placed the used rag inside of it. Not giving any credence to the fact that she seemed to not like his presence. All he could do for the moment was look her over and see if there were and spots of blood now pooling in her clothing since he doubted she would let him touch her just yet.

The long ingrained hatred between Lycans and Vampires has always been a problem for him. Especially since they hunted one another for money and sport. Eternal enemies the children of the moon, and the children of the night. However, there are always exceptions to the rule. Like in ‘That’ group. A shiver ran down his spine thinking that they may send someone to either kill him or bring him back into the life he had left.

“Relax. I am not here to hurt you. I am here to tend to your injuries. Nothing more and nothing less. My name is Ashvel, and as I can assume you already know that I am a Vampire. I know it might be hard but please don’t tense your muscles like that. You can do more damage to the tissue that is damaged.” Waiting for her to react to what he said he began speaking once more. “I see that you are cratiling your arm. May I take a look at it?” Ashvel asked in a calm tone as he didn’t know how she would react. If anything he knew that you never forced a Lycan to do anything. They are wild and unpredictable at times.

Blood pounded in her ears as she watched the vampire, listening to his words. His blood red eyes watched her with….apprehension? Fear? Discomfort? Selene hated that she couldn’t read what the man was thinking, the unnatural red eyes dead. They seemed to bore into her, burning holes in her hide and stripping off her layers one at a time. She felt exposed and vulnerable, at his mercy and with her arm the way it was, she wouldn’t be able to do much to protect herself. It took her a second to realize he was talking and talking to her, something about trying to see?

Selene growled and pushed away from him, cradling her arm to her chest. No matter who he was, how was she supposed to trust him?

It seemed that she didn’t hear a word he said. Being too preoccupied with her own internal struggle to take the time to listen to him. She seemed more like a wild beast that has been backed into a corner. Alone and hurt and possibly frightened of him. The fact of what he was instilled a fear in almost all living creatures. Giving a sigh he had decided that taking the initiative and suffering with the consequences was the only option since she was now cratiling the arm even closer to her body, and possibly doing more harm than good.

“Just relax. I am not going to hurt you, but your arm needs attending to.” Ashvel said reaching out for the arm. Knowing that there was a chance that he was going to get hurt. The only lucky thing was he was a Vampire and could take a lot of damage before it would take its toll. He was prepared for the worst and hopeful for the best. All he could do was try and help her past her fear, and possibly hatred for him.

Selene flinched when his cold fingers made contact with her arm, feeling the burning icey cool even through her dark material. For a moment, she couldn’t breathe, fighting the frigid feeling that was seeping into her broken arm, battling with her own internal flames. Her eyes grew large in panic but somehow, she forced herself to breathe, gasping for air before taking deep inhales and exhales. Her eyes locked on the vampire, still distrusting but willing to see what he was going to do. If she was to pull away now, her arm would very well be gone.

“Why are you here?” she cringed, hearing how raspy her own voice was. Licking her lips, she tasted dried blood on her lips, probably from when she bit her lip in pain. “Who are you?”

Ignoring the flince for now Ashvel was gently feeling the arm to figure out what was wrong with it. He could feel the bone was not positioned right, and that there was a lot of edema in the arm. Grimacing as he knew how painful this injury must have been he wondered how she had been able to even fight with her arm like it was. He knew the injury was older since this amount of daggame was not done in one go. She must have been continuously using the arm even though it was injured. Why in the world would she do such a thing to herself?

He could still feel the tension in her muscles, but she was not attacking him. This was a good sign, but the tables could turn any moment. Then the Lycan spoke to him in a raspy voice and this caught Ashvels attention as he moved back and looked at her with a smile. “I am here to take care of your injuries. I am a healer afterall.” Ashvel said with a light hearted tone as he reached for his bag and pulled out some gause and other essentials to reset the arm and brace it. He also pulled out a small flask of water. This was never for him, but sometimes it helped with his treatments. For now he handed the Lycan the flask.

She must not have been listening to him when he introduced himself. That was noting that couldn’t be fixed. “Here, this will help with your voice. Like I said before. My name is Ashvel, and I know that you have figured out that I am a Vampire. Could I possibly have your name as well? It will make things easier as I continue my treatment.”

Selene grimaced when the vampire decided to avoid her question but tentatively took the flask, her senses telling her that it seemed to be plain water. Taking a mouthful, she swished it around her mouth before spitting it out onto the ground beside her and then taking a few sips. Her throat itched but as the water soothed the pain, she found herself slowly more in control of her situation. Or as controlled as she could be. If she ran for it, she doubted she would get far - the vampire would finish her off and spare the world the trouble. Maybe that was the best scenario - die now when no one could see her pain and failure?

“Why are you with this travelling band of murderers?” she persisted, putting the flask down on the ground, her eyes never leaving the man before her. Whatever his good intentions, she was not about to trust anyone. And looking at the way things in this camp were, as well as seeing a few of her previous companions tied up not far, no one in the right mind was about to trust her. Unlike the gruesome bitch who kept flirting with her master though, Selene wasn’t tied up and her weapons were in their sheathes. What were they planning to do with her? No matter how hard she tried to figure out that puzzle, she failed. Better not to give too much information away then, she decided. “How does my name make it easier for you to treat anything?”

Ashvel could only sigh as he shook his head as she spoke about him being with these murderers. Well the way he saw it they attacked them, not the other way around. "You are the ones that attacked us. So, we are allowed to defend ourselves. The loss of life is the unfortunate side effect of you starting a fight. It is not like we when out of our way to make this happen. If you lost friends then blame the one that leads you." Ashvel said with a slight angry tone to his voice.

He almost lost one of the people that except him as a person not just a bloodthirsty creature. He didn't want to lose anyone in the gallery, like he lost the rest of the people he respected. The subject changed and a softer look rested on his face.

"Well it is easier calling you by your name. I would hate to refer to you as Bitch or something like that. That way you know I was talking to you. So, if you want me to call you something like that then don't tell me your name. It doesn't bother me either way. I will treat your arm none the less."

“My name is Selene,” she responded after a moment’s hesitation, not bothering to react with any emotion to his words. With that, she let him bandage her arm and set it so that she once again was sporting a sling. Slowly, as the burning pain subsided into an almost usual dull throbbing, the young werewolf was lulled into a sleep of exhaustion.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Once everything was settled down in camp Ashvel decided to make his way to the river. There were a couple of hours left before sunrise and he wanted to be alone for a bit. With everything that has happened in this short amount of time with the attack and the appearance of a piece of his past this was all turning into a bad nightmare. Stopping by the river that was close to camp he washed up removing the blood that was on his clothing and on his arms.

Sitting on a rock at the water's edge pulling the coin out from its hiding place Ashvel could only stare at the coin with dead eyes. This was something that he never wanted to see ever again, and wanted nothing to do with the organization. He had spent too much of his immortal life doing things that he wished he never had done, and trying to make amends for the sins that he carries. That is why he tries not to fight. Not that he is a pacifist like he portrays himself to be but because he doesn't want to kill any more.

The persona that he portrays is that of a meek Vampire that doesn't like to fight. Though his goal and ambition are really what he wishes. He wants people to see them not as blood thirty beasts. His life before this was covered in blood and death and he didn’t want to ever go back. He would never go back.

Lucky the group was almost to their destination and even they don’t like making scenes in towns. So, at least his makeshift family was safe within the walls of the city. That was the only solace he had at the moment. Because, now that they found him they would probably never let him live out his life in peace. This might be war, and if it turned to that he would not involve the people that are his family.

Looking to the night sky Ashvel slipped the coin back into his pocket. The light of the sun would soon illuminate the sky one more, and he would have to his form once more. So, till that time came Ashvel wanted to enjoy the cool crisp air that was of the night. One more day and they would be in the city. Yet another place he would have to watch himself. Even in a city of scholars they were prone to hating his kind.

--The city of --

Once the group reached the city and were accommodated with a place to house them Ashvel choose a room furthest down the hall, and away from the others. Wanting to make sure if someone found him they wouldn't get involved. It was still light outside yet the night was fast approaching. Though knowing that it wouldn't be in his best interest to go into the city he did so anyway. He didn't need sleep so while the others did want they wanted he moved into the city.

Walking the streets covered from head to toe Ashvel could feel the people staring at him judging him, and possibly thinking he was not human. The whispers behind his back was unnerving but continuing down the path he had chosen. Not taking their stares and stabs at him to heart Ashvel made his way deeper into the city. Wanting to try and find a.weapons shop to get him a new sword, and some replacement strings for his bow.

Finding a shop and opening the door he moved to look at the merchandise. There were many fine blades ligining the walls, and in the cases all around the shop.

"Welcome, stranger. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? We have the finest blades in town." The owner of the shop said as he approached Ashvel. With a big smile on his face, and a gleam in his eyes. It looked like the man was looking to make some coin from this little transaction.

Ashvel looked to the man, but kept his face hidden under his hood. Nodding his head in response to the shopkeepers comment.

“It is a surprise to see a weapons shop at all in a city of scollers.”

“That is true, but travelers don’t come here just for knowledge. You have to be prepared for the road if you want to keep breathing. Wisdom is no match for a bandit's blade.”

“Well you have a good point. Well on that note could you point me to the finest dagger your establishment has to offer?”

A wide smile formed on the shopkeepers face and excitement was evident in his eyes. It seemed that not many people come and ask for the best this shop has to offer. Quickly the man ushered Ashvel to the counter deeper into the building.

“Of course sir.” the shopkeeper said as he was leading the way. Stepping behind the counter the man placed a cloth on the display and pulled out a dagger. The dagger was of simple design with a steal colored sheath and ebony inlaid handle. Setting the dagger down.

“This dagger is made from mythril. It will never lose its edge, and is one of the strongest metals there is. This dagger will cut through almost any material, and this blade is effective for cutting through seal armor. It is lightweight, and easy to maneuver. This is the most functional blade in my shop.”

As the man was explaining the blade Ashvel already had it in hand feeling the light weight of the blade. Also feeling the edge of the blade to test its sharpness. This blade was definitely what he was looking for. However, he knew because of the rarity of the metal this blade was going to cost him a pretty penny. The price was nothing he couldn't handle since he didn’t have to spend his money on food, and he never cared if a bandit tried to get his purse.

“How much is the blade?”

“The blade is priced at 200 gold coin.”

“Deal.”

Ashvel reached into his pack, and pulled out a medium bag of coins and tossed them on the counter. He still had the blade in hand as the shopkeeper just looked at the man. A little dumbfounded at the fact that he bought the dagger without trying to bargain the price down.

“I have no attachment to money.” Ashvel said as he looked at the man.

The man took the bag and opened it seeing that his customer did give him exactly what he asked for. Closing the bag the man looked once more to Ashvel but this time with a smile on his face. “Thank you for your business.”

On that note he left the store and once outside he placed the dagger inside of his boot to hide it from sight, and to be able to get a hold of it if necessary. This was a good backup weapon. Making his way back to their accommodations the sun would soon set and with that he would be staying indoors. It was in his best interest to not draw any attention to himself. There was no telling what would happen if the people of this city where to find out what he was

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default part the first

Tristifer watched Vel disappear down the hall before he followed. He'd have to figure a way to properly thank her for the information. Maybe one of the girls he knew? Or maybe Shel, that would offer Vel something more solid and would save Tris some coin. As he considered the possibilities he tossed the acorn in his hand. The archer froze as his eyes fell upon the youth.

"Ohhhh Peanut…." Tristifer called his arm pulling back and whipping it forward, the acorn flew towards Jamon's forehead.

As Jamon lay on the floor of the classroom he selected as his quarters during this layover, he is in a slumber laying atop his bedroll. His dream is of the events of past days, the odd turn in that horrid girl’s demenior now that he is more receptive that he needs to learn to depend upon himself for his own wellbeing. Could that awful girl, Miss Mok, actually be nice? His dream state is shattered as a throbbing pain shoots through his head as the acorn bounces off his head.

A life of pampering and having his every want provided, only needing speak a name and expecting his defense well armed and standing before him, this does not change in a mere week. Jamon quickly sits up looking about for his loyal manservant, not seeing him he is about ready to speak his name when his dream state fades and reality grips him. Even though his life long pampering had him subconsciously looking for a Knight or Soldier to step to his aid, the constant torment this awful girl put him through at all hours of the day or night has him more on reflex from recent training gripping his dagger concealed along his bed roll as the room comes into better focus.

As his eyes look toward Tris, dagger clearing the sheath, Jamon freezes now recognising the Archer knowing him as one of those leading the traveling group. Jamon slides the dagger back into the sheath holding the dagger to his side as he springs to his feet. Rather than looking to call a servant to aid him or ready his clothes, thoughts run through his mind to the compliment that awful girl gave him when back in the past camp when he spoke to her on feeling disheartened on letting her training down. No, he will not look to others as servants, he will try to show this awful girl that he IS worthy to still learn from her. His tone not the typical whine those that have been around might be accustomed to, this time he clears his throat and offers with a firm but respectful

“Master Barton, I was resting after our long travel, I was not aware of any work we need do before we rest. What should I be doing now Master Barton.” with that he mimics the mannerism of that awful girl as he sets his hand upon his chest offering a slight bow of his head.

Tris smirked as the youth started his response. It faded and his eyebrow crept up as each word exited the boys mouth. The archer approached Jamon then held a finger up before the boys face. As Tris moved his finger around, he watched Jamon's eyes. "Are you feeling ok? Did the acorn hit you too hard?"

Not understanding what Tris was doing and not registering why the question, Jamon simply followed Tris finger with his eyes, a sense of confusion in his answer

“Was it an acorn that woke me? I do not believe it hit me too hard, why do you ask Master Barton? Shall I seek the whereabouts of that acorn?” inquired in a serious tone. Despite his new appreciation to trying to reshape himself into something that awful girl might take pleasure in for finally doing for himself, nothing could fix dense overnight. Jamon’s eyes also glanced over toward his sword also along his bedroll with the thought drifting on if Master Barton expected him to have his steel with him. Certainly that awful girl would have pointed out his steel should be a part of him anywhere he travels.

Tris flattened his hand and smacked the boy across the back of his head. "Stopping talking like an idiot then."

Turning the archer started back toward the door. "Come along peanut, it's time to get you a weapon you might be able to actually use."

As the smack startles him, Jamon steps around and picks his sword up from along his bedroll and slips it across his back like the awful girl wears hers. While rubbing the back of his head, he follows the archer mumbling “My name is Jamon, not Peanut…” perhaps loud enough for Tris to hear, or perhaps not. Jamon does in a slightly louder tone “..I do have steel I have been practicing with Sir.” pondering on this ‘stop talking like an idiot’ master Barton had told him. All he knows now with any certainty, the life of not needing to want for anything was behind him, he will need to learn all he can from all those he can learn from if he were going to make that awful girl not find regret rescuing him that first day they met.

"Really Peanut?" Tristifer started. "You have steel? Is it in your spine, cause you still had to be saved by a girl and a herbivore."

The archer chuckled. "I told you what I was gonna teach you. But if you think your capable prove it."

The archer having lead the boy outside spread his arms. His bow in his hand as he faced the boy. "How about it? Care to try and draw blood?"

As the archer stands with his arms out, Jamon decides it is time to display that he has learned well from the awful girl. He will not do harm to the Master Barton, he will only press the hilt of the sword to his chest much like Su Lin does to him telling him ‘This is where you are dead boy’. With that, Jamon looks to Tris and trying to sound the dry tone Su Lin uses, though his is dry and raspy

“Only because you wish Master Barton, do not fear, you will live through this.”

With that, Jamon reaches behind his back gripping the sword sliding it out of the sheath. The movement is still somewhat awkward however a trained eye would see that he does have some form to the movement, not just a reckless grasp of the sword. Jamon steps forward with one foot thrusting the sword outward toward Tris’ chest while at the same time pivoting the weapon so the blunt end of the handle would make contact, if he had any chance to strike the archer to begin with.

Tris stepped in and away from the boys sword arm as he lunged. Slapping him across the face, as his bow kept the sword pointing towards where the archer was a moment before. "That's not how you draw blood peanut."

As Tris slaps him across the face and the archers bow holding his sword away, a moment of anger flashes through Jamon’s mind as he is ready to follow instinct and try to force the sword away from the archer’s parry. That fleeting instinct faded as he drifts back to what that awful girl had been instilling within him, finally opening himself up to what she had been reiterating to him each time she would slap him similar to how Master Barton was now doing.

‘Reckless thoughts and acting on those will gain you nothing more than a memory for those who once knew you to remember you by when you are dead…’ … cold words by an equally cold girl, but they seem to hold meaning here and now. Had this Rouge leader wished, the slap could as easily have been steel across his throat.

Relaxing his thoughts and still keeping a firm grasp of his sword with his dominant hand, Jamon dismisses the momentary thoughts of angrily kicking or trying to force his sword away from the archer’s bow, he relaxes his posture now trying to focus more on Tris and his positioning to him.

Though still just aware of pressure points the awful girl had been trying to show him in the same manner of teaching a blind monk to read a detailed map, he at least has a thought on how to separate he and Tris close proximity. Perhaps when he next sees this awful girl, he will pay more attention to that of what she tries to teach him.

‘The center of a man’s chest, the soft spot at the V of his ribs…’ … her words drift in Jamon’s mind as he tries to picture this on Tris. Unusually calmly, thrusts his free hand with an open palm in an attempt to make contact anywhere on the archers chest with the main attempt to have some separation between the two. Master Barton is urging him to ‘draw blood’ yet the awful girls words also drift into his mind, not to be drawn into a conflict on the invitation of another. Still confused by this, the initial anger and reckless thoughts of displaying his … how did she word it … male pride … start to subside.

Tris watched the various emotions play across the boy. The tension of anger, the flushing of embarrassment and relaxation of reaching for calm. The archer had already started a step back as the boy's hand made contact with his chest, pushing him further.

The archer's bow dipped. It shifted as the archer backed away. Suddenly twisting it hooked the boy's ankle and the archer pulled hard. Sweeping Jamon's feet out from under him Tristifer smirked. Dropping the tip of the bow onto the youth's chest Tris spoke. "Boy, you are in a rough spot. I do not envy you."

Having had his feet swept from under him and landing hard on his back with his breath knocked out of him, as Jamon starts to inhale hard trying to get air back into his lungs, he feels the archers bow press against his chest. Slightly opening and closing his dominant hand, his fear is confirmed.

His first fail was not paying attention and once again being swept to the ground though it had usually been that awful girl using a tree branch cleared and used like a small staff.

'Allow one to lay you on the ground, the ground will reclaim your body as you find a new life..' her words drift in his mind '.. now think, how are you going to come off the ground…'

Thoughts of the bandits he faced, even the huge beast which grabbed him drift also in his mind. The pretty girl, Jezibel, spoke words that one he faces would not find any concern on speaking names of those who would avenge him, pleading had not done anything but amuse the bandit who held steel to his throat. Worse now, his larger fail, he allowed his steel to come from his grip. Had Master Barton been holding steel, he is certain his own blood would be feeding the soil.

As the shock of striking ground hard dissipates and his vision starts to focus out of the hazy state it had been in, Tris words stick in his mind. There is no thought of begging, no thought of screaming for help, as his vision clears, thoughts of what that awful girl had continually tried to have him pay attention to finally starts to become clear.

Not with the grace or skill of one with years discipline, more that as a student fumbling to remember their training, Jamon reaches for the tip of the bow moving both hands crossing his wrist trying to rest the base of the bow in the V of his wrist awkwardly trying to push the bow away from his chest while at the same time trying to roll to the side with intent to get to his feet. The ground was his death still in his mind. All Jamon manages to speak, for the first time is a somewhat confident tone “I am not what I was several moons ago Master Barton.”

Tristifer jerked back on the bow pulling it away from the boy as he pushed. The archer then swung the bow to thump the boy on the top of his head. "Nor are you any better than you were peanut. Just because you have steel doesn't a warrior make."

"You're a baby critter surrounded by predators. Each one, from the stone faced scorpion to the noble lion, willing to teach you how to hunt." Tristifer stated simply. "Problem is they are also going to try and teach you their mindset as well. And your not a stony killer, nor a noble warrior."

Tris thumped the boy again as he opened his mouth to interrupt. "You are a peanut still trying to figure out your next step. I've been where you are; It's why I can't use a sword. Four different brigands tried to teach me, four different ways to use a sword. Each one complained about some habit I picked up from another. Eventually I figured out my own way to hold a sword, they laughed till I threw the sword across the field and impaled the loudest. He lived but the lessons stopped and my bow served just fine.

"That's where we differ. I had claws and you don't." Tris pointed the bow at the boys nose. "Here's the deal. I'm gonna teach you the crossbow, so you won't be completely useless. In return you have to find something that's you. I don't care if its a poisoned dagger, a wooden club, or a pike. Well?"

With each thump on the head, pain shoots through his body. ‘You are a peanut’ certainly sounds better than ‘you are just food for the soil’ the awful girl had at times told him. She had mentioned that soon Master Adam might show him male ways. ‘Learn all you can’ drifts through his mind as another thump on the head has him biting his bottom lip. As the bow is pointed again at his nose, the words spoken by Master Barton are not kind … but they hold truth.

Having repeatedly thumped on the head at Tris’ will, the realization more so grips Jamon. ‘Face hardness with confidence’ now drifts in his mind, is this what she had been tormenting him for during the time she trained him and offered odd words. His tone not the whine that might have been even days ago, not strong confident but one of realization that he does need to be shaped into something other than what stands before the archer.

“Peanut I shall be Master Barton till such time I am worthy of a title other than that. I will try to learn what I can from you and try not to provide disappointment. I am learning fast that I have so much of my past to unlearn. I will do my best to learn of a crossbow from you and try to stay alive long enough to become something other than a peanut.” while moving his hand rubbing one of the spots on his head that will soon have lumps.

The bow thumped the boys hand. "Don't unlearn anything. That's almost the dumbest thing you've said today." Tristifer shifted the bow to his shoulder. "Go get the new girl.

"The pale one." The archer called as the boy left to get her.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast